opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 11-23-2002, 05:13 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 34
7 sided star

Hello, this week i was privileged enough to see tool for the 3rd time and it was amazing as usual. They have grown tremendously since i first saw them in 94. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone know's what the 7sided star is a symbol for?

thanks
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 06:47 PM   #2
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
Known as the Faerie or Elven Star, 7 pointed star is 1 of the entrances to the Faerie Realm - the gateway to the Otherworld. Each point on star represents a pathway, or the 7 rays of manisfestation of the Higher Self, as follows:

*1st point - Power, Personal Will and Determination.
*2nd point - Unconditional Love, Wisdom and Growth.
*3rd point - Knowledge and Intelligence.
*4th point - Harmony and Tranquility.
*5th point - the Powers of Mind and Science.
*6th point - Devotion and Honesty.
*7th point - Magick.

Coincidentally, another of my favourite bands is also fond of this star.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:12 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
And this other band would be?
Old 11-23-2002, 07:56 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

If it's Project Pitchfork, then we have something in common.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:08 PM   #5
i am jack's shattered dreams (tdn $upporter)

wow....ive wondered about that star forever...

now my questions are answered

"some people don't even think i'm a robot, they think im puerto rican and just really good at math."- Sad Bot
Old 11-23-2002, 09:49 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

what about...?

that's interesting... maybe i should study some of this sacred geometry just for fun... does anyone know about all that other stuff danny has on his drums? I'll see if I can dig up some pictures somewhere...
Old 11-23-2002, 09:56 PM   #7
Banned.

Thanks for the information, ive don’t some reasearch after you told me that’s its an Elven star. One of the things that is a common theme in all the research that ive done is that the Elven star is a symbol for believing in fairy's. Now i know Danny is into the occult scene but i couldn’t see him believing in fairies. Another thing that i found interesting is that the Elven star can also be a symbol for the 7 charkas in the body. Now this i can believe Danny to be involved in, he seems to have alot of Hinduism beliefs and ideas. IM just kinda rambling on. dont mind me. :)

Last edited by seeyouauntie; 11-23-2002 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-23-2002, 10:00 PM   #8
Banned.

****Copy Paste the links...i dont know why but i cant post the pix.

i have some pictures of his old set.

http://www.deftone.com/polygon/images/o_dstage2.jpg

here is a drawing of the symbol.
http://www.deftone.com/polygon/images/toolkit-1.gif
Old 11-24-2002, 12:47 AM   #9
Stealth Bomber

Dan (admin) has the [img] tag disabled. Posting photos would most likely slow the board down, etc.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:28 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
umm.

You could just say that the seven pointed star is a just a heptagram.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:57 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

the star

the weird thing is i seen that star long before i knew Tool was using it. i can't remember the first time i seen it, or where i seen it, but i knew i had before.
Old 11-25-2002, 03:14 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 217
i'm not saying anything bad about tool, and beleive my, im definitly not the kind of person that goes around trying to defend religion, but, i think that having symbols like this is what gives tool there reputation of being "devil worshipers" because all the bible freaks ignorantly assume that if there is some sort of strange symbol that the Devil has something to do with it
Old 11-25-2002, 06:42 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by stattica
i'm not saying anything bad about tool, and beleive my, im definitly not the kind of person that goes around trying to defend religion, but, i think that having symbols like this is what gives tool there reputation of being "devil worshipers" because all the bible freaks ignorantly assume that if there is some sort of strange symbol that the Devil has something to do with it

Yea that pisses me off when people say Tool is Satanic. I ran into these two guys while walking to the park one time and i was wearing a tool shirt and they said,"you listen to tool?" I replied with a yes. Then the stupid ingnorant bastard asked me if i was a devil worshiper and being that I really don't follow anything in religious matter i replied with no. Then he said i wasn't a Tool fan then.
-Just a little story of something that happened to me and i'm probably sure more Tool fans have got the same bullshit pulled on them.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:59 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

7 sided light rig

Did anyone happen to see the fact that the metal framework from which the lights are attatched above the stage was arranged in this 7 pointed star as well?
I saw that in Calgary, Alberta.

Something to think about...I suppose.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:04 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Useful_Idiot729

Yea that pisses me off when people say Tool is Satanic. I ran into these two guys while walking to the park one time and i was wearing a tool shirt and they said,"you listen to tool?" I replied with a yes. Then the stupid ingnorant bastard asked me if i was a devil worshiper and being that I really don't follow anything in religious matter i replied with no. Then he said i wasn't a Tool fan then.
-Just a little story of something that happened to me and i'm probably sure more Tool fans have got the same bullshit pulled on them.
I agree with you on that. Since when did Tool ever mean religion? Last I heard (at least from the band members) it was all about the music.

I know a girl who, if she wasn't so stoic in her beliefs and her faith in Christianity (I'll blame it on her childhood) she'd be more open to Tool or any other kind of music. Sad to see how relegated new and more adventurous music has become.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:33 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by seeyouauntie
Thanks for the information, ive don’t some reasearch after you told me that’s its an Elven star. One of the things that is a common theme in all the research that ive done is that the Elven star is a symbol for believing in fairy's. Now i know Danny is into the occult scene but i couldn’t see him believing in fairies. Another thing that i found interesting is that the Elven star can also be a symbol for the 7 charkas in the body. Now this i can believe Danny to be involved in, he seems to have alot of Hinduism beliefs and ideas. IM just kinda rambling on. dont mind me. :)

that sounds kind of ignorant doncha think???
(no offence, we all say ignorant things sometimes)

girr
Old 11-27-2002, 09:23 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Well Known
If it's Project Pitchfork, then we have something in common.
I happen to like them a lot also...
Old 11-29-2002, 03:34 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: 7 sided light rig

Quote:
Originally posted by Valkyrie
Did anyone happen to see the fact that the metal framework from which the lights are attatched above the stage was arranged in this 7 pointed star as well?
I saw that in Calgary, Alberta.

Something to think about...I suppose.
Yes! I noticed the same thing at their show in Hamilton, Ontario. At first, I thought it was just a series of rafters for their lighting, but then towards the end of their set, when the heptagram appeared on the backdrop, I saw the connection.
Old 11-30-2002, 02:08 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Valkyrie

I know a girl who, if she wasn't so stoic in her beliefs and her faith in Christianity (I'll blame it on her childhood) she'd be more open to Tool or any other kind of music. Sad to see how relegated new and more adventurous music has become.
I believe you're right... It's funny, I actually used to be Christian before, or I was actually raised an atheist but later got involved in Christianity. Later I became a fan of Tool and after hearing Opiate and other songs as well, I realized all I had believed in was fake. At least for me. Like Flood says, "All I knew and all I believed are crumbling images that no longer comfort me". That's exactly how I felt. It's OK to be a Christian, but if you do it only because someone tells you to... it's pretty fucking stupid. Right now I don't really know what I believe in, and I don't care. As long as I'm happy, nothing really matters.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:22 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Useful_Idiot729

yea, a lot of people are really closed minded about matters such as religion and philosophy. i find it discouraging. but it isn't only those devout christians for "bible freaks" that insist that tool=devil. anyone who is closed minded and pharisaic will say that.
somethink i've noticed in tool fans- they don't seem to have any staple, dominant religion. most don't know what religion they are, which suits them just fine. anyone else notice this?
Old 12-01-2002, 10:13 AM   #21
(-)
Level 3 - Talker

Occult

However, you can't deny the occultic references in pretty much every aspect of what Tool presents these days. Whether it is references to Qabalah, or Aleister Crowley, they are everywhere. I don't think this helps to dispel their "satanic" image very well; of course, they probably aren't trying to do that anyway.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:19 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

if you go and read what i wrote in my analysis of the beginning of the parabola video i talk about the heptagram as a symbol of a state of consciousness.. i'd write it here but i'm just too tired.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:03 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

to the posters who noted that "Danny has hindu beliefs" you might be onto something, think about it

1) The seven pointed star (Chakras)
2) His interest in indian percussion
3)Aloke Dutta

Ghost
Old 04-26-2003, 10:10 PM   #24

Bincount™: 206
seven pointed star

Hello, i have noticed the seven pointed star in other tool things, and they have seven pointed stars in their concerts, someone told me before what it meant but me being a numbskull forgot, can anyone refresh me
Old 04-26-2003, 11:54 PM   #25
Stealth Bomber

Elven or faerie star // Keyword summary: elven, faerie, star, magic.

This seven-pointed star (septagram) represents a belief in fairies and magic. Each of the seven points is believed to have a different meaning, although there are several common interpretations.

Some say each point represents a pathway, or the "seven rays of manifestation of the Higher Self."

1 - power, personal will and determination
2 - unconditional love, wisdom and growth
3 - knowledge and intelligence
4 - harmony and tranquillity
5 - the powers of mind and science
6 - devotion and honesty
7 - magick.

Another idea is that the points signify the seven magical elements - earth, air, fire, water, light, life and magic - or the inner and outer elements - earth, air, fire, water, heaven, earth and self. Whilst a further suggestion is that they represent the seven directions - north, south, east, west, above, below and within.

Whatever your individual theory, the number seven is believed to be a magical or lucky number, and can be used to indicate appreciation and knowledge of fairies.

And...

Definition: The septagram, a continuously drawn figure having seven points, is far less common than the pentagram. It is however important in Western kabbalah, where it symbolizes the sphere of Netzach, the seven planets, the seven alchemical metals, and the seven days of the week. It is a sacred symbol to Wiccans who follow the "Faery" tradition, where it is called the Elven or Fairy star. The seven pointed star is also an important part of the seal of the A.A., the inner order of Aleister Crowley's OTO.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:55 PM   #26
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 51
7 points

Represents unity of all peoples.
Unites Earth and Trinity
The seven elements: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Life, Light, and Magick.
The seven directions: North, South, East, West, above, below, within.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:57 AM   #27
Level 3 - Talker

Five-Six-Seven Pointed Star

When the 'God' creature cuts the apple, the star has 5 points. It zooms in and it has 6, then zooms in a little more and it has 7.

5-6-7

huh. i wonder what it means.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
I think it is call Heptagram not Septagram.......
Old 05-08-2003, 04:45 PM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
other

Quote:
Originally posted by Phosphoros
I think it is call Heptagram not Septagram.......

Hept. is greek for seven .
Sept. is latin for seven .

so both are appropriate ...
Old 06-06-2003, 06:16 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

5-6-7?

they're the numbers considered to be assigned to Man, Satan and God, respectively. i don't have much insight into this, i'm just... throwing it out there. you know.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:44 PM   #31
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 39
7 Sided Star

Does anyone know what the 7 sided star signifies? Tool had it hanging over their stage on their last tour and I'm curious about what it symbolizes. seeyouauntie, please make a post so people can see what it is.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:45 PM   #32
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30
Re: 7 Sided Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicRoyalty
Does anyone know what the 7 sided star signifies? Tool had it hanging over their stage on their last tour and I'm curious about what it symbolizes. seeyouauntie, please make a post so people can see what it is.

i was trying to draw it in class on friday... it was kidof hard and it never came out right ill try again tomorow
Old 09-28-2003, 03:00 PM   #33
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlame
i was trying to draw it in class on friday... it was kidof hard and it never came out right ill try again tomorow
awesome, thanks for sharing that.
Old 09-28-2003, 03:07 PM   #34
Banned.

Bincount™: 79
I can't rmember if it's a 6 or 7 sided star (probably 7), but there's one of each of Danny's bass drums
Old 09-28-2003, 03:14 PM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12
"i was trying to draw it in class on friday... it was kidof hard and it never came out right ill try again tomorow"

Here's how you do it.

1) draw a roughly 40 degree angle

2) turn it sideways so the point is facing down

3) go to the top right point and draw a line going diagonal down and left

4) drawn a line going diagonal up from that one

5) draw a line going straight across from that one

6) drawn a line going diagonal down from that one

7) draw a line connecting your final to open points ( it will go diagonal up

wallah 7 sided star
Old 09-28-2003, 04:07 PM   #36
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 605
but....what does it mean?

doesnt it have something to do with satan?
Old 09-28-2003, 04:47 PM   #37
Level 3 - Talker

Yeah....it does...or at least I know that the arrangement of Danny's drum set means that. It represents Paimon, the 9th spirit of the Order of the Goetia.

I got this off of Toolband.com or something. I did not know this before I read it so don't ask me questions. I am sure you can google and find the info.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:03 PM   #38
Banned.

To me a sptagram signifies the 7 pt charka system, i forgot where i read that but that’s what it means to me.

This is what others think of the septagram. The seven points represent the Sun, the Forest, the Sea, Magick, the Moon, the Wind, and Spirit.

I think its also a symbol to acknowledge the existence of faeries..

through alot of research it seems like it has multiple meanings. Like i said i like it because to me its like the protection/representation of the 7 charka's.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:04 PM   #39
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckJesus

doesnt it have something to do with satan?
lol far from it.. no
Old 09-28-2003, 05:09 PM   #40
Banned.

ha ha, i knew there was a thread posted about it by me, but i was to lazy to search for it and post it.. :)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: