Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
07-28-2014, 12:02 PM

Do What Thou Wilt Shall be the Whole of the Law.

Hello every one i notice recently there has been some discussion concerning Crowley and Tool. seemingly with a lot of confusion. I am here to shed light on this subject and straighten out some things. reading through some of the posts certain questions have arisen, i will attempt to answer these question from my best interpretation of what i know about Crowley and the Occult, i suggest skepticism and critical thinking be applied.

First off Crowley was a Hermetic magician, Hermetics is a Veiled Form of symbology that seeks to separate Spiritual Matters from Egoic tampering. Crowley designed a quabalistic style of crypticism that would prevent minds that are not ready from tampering with matters that are out of their realm of understanding. At first glances of some of crowleys work you will find Statements Like Child Sacrifice, Human Sacrifice, And such. As you progress further into Crowleys writing you will discover the metaphoric meaning of these statements. Crowley spoke of Child and human sacrifice in Ritual. For instance Child Sacrifice interprets as Masturbation, where as Human sacrifice is withholding orgasm during sexual activity. With the right intention these acts can be powerful elements in a magical operation. Again This crypticism was generally meant to Frighten away certain people from playing with metaphysical gunpowder. Once a mind has proficiently settled into a metaphoric point of view it then can unravel statements like this and realize they are powerful symbols representing a system of psychological, metaphysical, and social change.

Yes the occult is dangerous, but dangerous like the car you drive. Carelessness and lack of understanding can get someone killed, in the occult case you could develop a mental disorder. Or you could Thwart the Will of another, a high crime in occult circles.

Crowley Stated That Compassion is the Vice of kings, This in it self is a cryptic statement. The work King Is spoken, in Thelema Every one is A King when they are following their Divine will. Thus the vice of compassion is allowed, how ever when one is not following their Divine will their compassion is corrupted, tainted by desires that are averse to the true Will, this produces prolonged suffering, and it interfeares with the will of others. Its not up to us to save the world, to save those that desire to dwell in The Little will. How ever a person discovering their will may seek assistance, and assistance may be given. Crowley spoke of distributing wealth in a small portion to the poor and indigent. Every one deserves living space and Food And equal opertunity To preform their own great work. Homelessness and starvation prevent one from truly being able to discover their Divine Will. We are not talking about a lavish life style here we are talking about basic necessities and this isn't even considered charity, its considered Owed to the sovereign soul that resides deep with in the individual. It is up to that individual to work their own Will and come out of poverty.

It is my scholarly opinion as an occult student that we as a society begin to work our divine Wills we will move into a Crimeless, meritocracy of ownerlesship, and effortless self motivation. A utopia not forced upon the people but chosen by the individual that Serves His Divine will. This is not something that will come easy either for our civilization. For the ego Clings to the delusion of survival of the fittest, external control and self service. Thus the arises nature of What Crowley coined the Aeon of Horus the god of war, The aeon of the Conquering Child, Also known as the Age of Self Discovery. As the Divine self begins to waken the ego Struggles to maintain its delusion of Control, it goes to war with the Divine Will, however its The Divine Will that conquers, for ego has not true control. "Thou shall not enter the gates of heaven lest ye be like children". Aeon of the Conquring child.

I personally want to commend you Christians for raising your questions. And yes Tool is not a source that you should seek for spiritual guidance, YOU are that source. How ever You are drawn to Tool because you already know the truths that Tool Speaks. The same reason i follow this band, Not because they are some kind of spiritual authority, but because they resonate with what i already know to be truth deep down. A truth that is not always pretty to look at and at times down right frightening(to the Ego).
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13
ok time to clear up this Occult and Crowley mess.

Do What Thou Wilt Shall be the Whole of the Law.

Hello every one i notice recently there has been some discussion concerning Crowley and Tool. seemingly with a lot of confusion. I am here to shed light on this subject and straighten out some things. reading through some of the posts certain questions have arisen, i will attempt to answer these question from my best interpretation of what i know about Crowley and the Occult, i suggest skepticism and critical thinking be applied.

First off Crowley was a Hermetic magician, Hermetics is a Veiled Form of symbology that seeks to separate Spiritual Matters from Egoic tampering. Crowley designed a quabalistic style of crypticism that would prevent minds that are not ready from tampering with matters that are out of their realm of understanding. At first glances of some of crowleys work you will find Statements Like Child Sacrifice, Human Sacrifice, And such. As you progress further into Crowleys writing you will discover the metaphoric meaning of these statements. Crowley spoke of Child and human sacrifice in Ritual. For instance Child Sacrifice interprets as Masturbation, where as Human sacrifice is withholding orgasm during sexual activity. With the right intention these acts can be powerful elements in a magical operation. Again This crypticism was generally meant to Frighten away certain people from playing with metaphysical gunpowder. Once a mind has proficiently settled into a metaphoric point of view it then can unravel statements like this and realize they are powerful symbols representing a system of psychological, metaphysical, and social change.

Yes the occult is dangerous, but dangerous like the car you drive. Carelessness and lack of understanding can get someone killed, in the occult case you could develop a mental disorder. Or you could Thwart the Will of another, a high crime in occult circles.

Crowley Stated That Compassion is the Vice of kings, This in it self is a cryptic statement. The work King Is spoken, in Thelema Every one is A King when they are following their Divine will. Thus the vice of compassion is allowed, how ever when one is not following their Divine will their compassion is corrupted, tainted by desires that are averse to the true Will, this produces prolonged suffering, and it interfeares with the will of others. Its not up to us to save the world, to save those that desire to dwell in The Little will. How ever a person discovering their will may seek assistance, and assistance may be given. Crowley spoke of distributing wealth in a small portion to the poor and indigent. Every one deserves living space and Food And equal opertunity To preform their own great work. Homelessness and starvation prevent one from truly being able to discover their Divine Will. We are not talking about a lavish life style here we are talking about basic necessities and this isn't even considered charity, its considered Owed to the sovereign soul that resides deep with in the individual. It is up to that individual to work their own Will and come out of poverty.

It is my scholarly opinion as an occult student that we as a society begin to work our divine Wills we will move into a Crimeless, meritocracy of ownerlesship, and effortless self motivation. A utopia not forced upon the people but chosen by the individual that Serves His Divine will. This is not something that will come easy either for our civilization. For the ego Clings to the delusion of survival of the fittest, external control and self service. Thus the arises nature of What Crowley coined the Aeon of Horus the god of war, The aeon of the Conquering Child, Also known as the Age of Self Discovery. As the Divine self begins to waken the ego Struggles to maintain its delusion of Control, it goes to war with the Divine Will, however its The Divine Will that conquers, for ego has not true control. "Thou shall not enter the gates of heaven lest ye be like children". Aeon of the Conquring child.

I personally want to commend you Christians for raising your questions. And yes Tool is not a source that you should seek for spiritual guidance, YOU are that source. How ever You are drawn to Tool because you already know the truths that Tool Speaks. The same reason i follow this band, Not because they are some kind of spiritual authority, but because they resonate with what i already know to be truth deep down. A truth that is not always pretty to look at and at times down right frightening(to the Ego).
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
08-06-2014, 09:41 PM

i'm sorry no one else has responded yet and that this is all i'm responding with for now. but i read what you've said here and am very interested to hear more. i think i may have given you a hard time before but (as i'm sure you could probably tell) i was far more frustrated and impatient with myself. demanding answers. not listening. so please forgive me, and please keep writing. - humbled neophyte
Old 08-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: ok time to clear up this Occult and Crowley mess.

i'm sorry no one else has responded yet and that this is all i'm responding with for now. but i read what you've said here and am very interested to hear more. i think i may have given you a hard time before but (as i'm sure you could probably tell) i was far more frustrated and impatient with myself. demanding answers. not listening. so please forgive me, and please keep writing. - humbled neophyte
08-22-2014, 06:54 PM

Occult merely means secret knowledge. The word secret can be interpreted in many ways. Such as secret knowledge that is within you if you know how to find it, secret knowledge that is hidden from the profane, secret knowledge that is kept from people that are not in a position to accept it, etc.
The safest way to practice any form of deep spirituality (which can be complementary to ANY belief system including Christianity) is to meditate naturally with no preconceptions and in no funny postures, positions, or breathing techniques. Also, pray (which is also meditation) with a deep reverence and appreciation of the creator and paths may open to you. Let truth guide you before you try to harness what you know as truth. Approach the subject with respect and you will be rewarded, do not expect miraculous results for they do not come to those who are not ready.

Last edited by AllFromOne; 08-22-2014 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Extra point
Old 08-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Occult merely means secret knowledge. The word secret can be interpreted in many ways. Such as secret knowledge that is within you if you know how to find it, secret knowledge that is hidden from the profane, secret knowledge that is kept from people that are not in a position to accept it, etc.
The safest way to practice any form of deep spirituality (which can be complementary to ANY belief system including Christianity) is to meditate naturally with no preconceptions and in no funny postures, positions, or breathing techniques. Also, pray (which is also meditation) with a deep reverence and appreciation of the creator and paths may open to you. Let truth guide you before you try to harness what you know as truth. Approach the subject with respect and you will be rewarded, do not expect miraculous results for they do not come to those who are not ready.

Last edited by AllFromOne; 08-22-2014 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Extra point
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
08-29-2014, 03:00 PM

Cast not pearls of wisdom before swine.

I recently had an exchange with an acquaintance about Nero linguistic programing. I Simply Mentioned the practice and before i was able to explain the benefits i have reaped I was interrupted with the reply "that shit is only for douchbags that need date rape drugs to get laid and it doesn't even work any way". At that point i Just said "what makes you think i would use something like that on another person". At that point i just walked away realizing the futility of the conversation.

The Sigil.

Take a positive statement, word it like it has already been realized.(Mind you statements for example like "i don't have fear" will not produce desired effect).

Then remove all the vowels. "I am fearless" becomes "M FRLSS"

Then remove double letters in each word, "MFRLS"

Now combine the letters into a pictogram. Be creative,you want to disguise the letters so that they no longer look like letters, But each element of that letter must be encompassed in the pictogram. Make triangles out of V and T, make a yinyang out of S and O. The more obscure you can make it the better. It is Ok to have the occasional letter stand out in my experience, kind of like the G in the Freemason symbol with the compass and square. Make several rough drafts. Once your pictogram has been perfected you will have a sense of beauty from looking at it.

Now that you have created your Sigil you must charge it. Stare upon the Creation with An empty and intensely focused mind. CHILD SACRIFICE seems to be a perfect Charging element. Simple meditation also works but may take longer, hours to be specific. You can also hang the sigil in an obscure place in your room, leave it up for days. I personally use a combination of the sorts. Some actually put the Sigil away until they have forgotten what it was even about before they Charge. i personally haven't found any benefit from this. I find that some of the techniques our friends in the commercial business have discovered have been quiet adequate. Misdirection, repetition, obscuration, and irrationality are powerful. How ever stay away from some of the negative techniques like Shaming.

Once you have charged then let go. Any magical operation unassuaged of purpose or lust for results is perfect in every way. This is why i leave it up for days, the initial charging can get corrupted. Leaving it up in an obscured position on a wall gives a subliminal repetition that after a while is no longer foiled by conscious thought. After a while it just become part of the wall and that is most powerful.

Lastly <<<<<<BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.>>>>>
I would suggest focus on Healthy personal change toward your true self. Assistance in shadow work. Assistance in letting go of Attachment and Aversion. maybe a even better job that is more in line with your spiritual nature. How ever if what you wish for goes against your Higher self (Or someone else) its not going to work any way. OR IT MIGHT....

Last edited by Sleeper0013; 08-29-2014 at 03:06 PM..
Old 08-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Cast not pearls of wisdom before swine.

I recently had an exchange with an acquaintance about Nero linguistic programing. I Simply Mentioned the practice and before i was able to explain the benefits i have reaped I was interrupted with the reply "that shit is only for douchbags that need date rape drugs to get laid and it doesn't even work any way". At that point i Just said "what makes you think i would use something like that on another person". At that point i just walked away realizing the futility of the conversation.

The Sigil.

Take a positive statement, word it like it has already been realized.(Mind you statements for example like "i don't have fear" will not produce desired effect).

Then remove all the vowels. "I am fearless" becomes "M FRLSS"

Then remove double letters in each word, "MFRLS"

Now combine the letters into a pictogram. Be creative,you want to disguise the letters so that they no longer look like letters, But each element of that letter must be encompassed in the pictogram. Make triangles out of V and T, make a yinyang out of S and O. The more obscure you can make it the better. It is Ok to have the occasional letter stand out in my experience, kind of like the G in the Freemason symbol with the compass and square. Make several rough drafts. Once your pictogram has been perfected you will have a sense of beauty from looking at it.

Now that you have created your Sigil you must charge it. Stare upon the Creation with An empty and intensely focused mind. CHILD SACRIFICE seems to be a perfect Charging element. Simple meditation also works but may take longer, hours to be specific. You can also hang the sigil in an obscure place in your room, leave it up for days. I personally use a combination of the sorts. Some actually put the Sigil away until they have forgotten what it was even about before they Charge. i personally haven't found any benefit from this. I find that some of the techniques our friends in the commercial business have discovered have been quiet adequate. Misdirection, repetition, obscuration, and irrationality are powerful. How ever stay away from some of the negative techniques like Shaming.

Once you have charged then let go. Any magical operation unassuaged of purpose or lust for results is perfect in every way. This is why i leave it up for days, the initial charging can get corrupted. Leaving it up in an obscured position on a wall gives a subliminal repetition that after a while is no longer foiled by conscious thought. After a while it just become part of the wall and that is most powerful.

Lastly <<<<<<BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.>>>>>
I would suggest focus on Healthy personal change toward your true self. Assistance in shadow work. Assistance in letting go of Attachment and Aversion. maybe a even better job that is more in line with your spiritual nature. How ever if what you wish for goes against your Higher self (Or someone else) its not going to work any way. OR IT MIGHT....

Last edited by Sleeper0013; 08-29-2014 at 03:06 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply