Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
melcro
05-20-2007, 05:32 PM

This was my 12th show...

"Sub-par?" - What-the-fuck-ever.

Some people just don't know what to appreciate.

I do believe the it is the policy of this particular venue (and possibly city ordinance) to end all large performances by 10:30pm... according to my watch, the lights went up at 10:28pm. I would imagine this is why the set was cut a bit short.

Granted, they guys did fuck around a lot between songs, but the overall energy of this show was unlike anything I have witnessed in years. There were times that my friend and I could barely hear the band because the applause was so overwhelmingly loud. After the show Maynard actually came to the mid-front of the stage to show appreciation, while the other members jeered along and seemed to sincerely thank everyone via gestures. Most shows I've seen, he's the first one off the stage.

I was extremely satisfied with the outcome of the entire evening, even though I felt a bit incomplete without Vicarious and Aenima.

The video and light show is actually better from the 200 or 300 sec tion. I ahve been spending extra money and time trying to get flor tickets for the last few shows and I realized there is an entirely different experience from an elevated perspective. I knew that there were elements projected on to the floor, but I did not fully realize the scope of the visual elements until sitting higher. What their "fx" have evolved to is simply delightful.

The fight was awesome. It was in section 227... I was in 225. I don't know what started it, but before we knew it, three people were beating the shit out of each other and the entire arena was cheering it on. I got a pic of the crowd looking in our direction, I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway... right as the OKC police officers snapped the cuffs on the culprits, the lights went down and the show started. Congradulations to the dumb asses who thought missing the Tool concert was worth hitting somone a couple of times and then getting to go to jail. Hooray for stupidity!!! It gives us all something to look forward to everyday.

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE:
Riding back to Dallas we listened to Demetri Martin and somehow still had Vicarious stuck in my head... it must have been from all of the dipshits in the parking garage blasting Tool out of their shitty speakers right after a Tool concert.

Please people, let's all work together to put an end to this ridiculous redundant ritual. Broaden your horizons a bit, or if nothing else... silence can be used from time to time to clear your palette or to contemplate the events of the evening. Don't be afraid to use this tool to better yourselves in your journey.

Tootles.

Melcro
Old 05-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

This was my 12th show...

"Sub-par?" - What-the-fuck-ever.

Some people just don't know what to appreciate.

I do believe the it is the policy of this particular venue (and possibly city ordinance) to end all large performances by 10:30pm... according to my watch, the lights went up at 10:28pm. I would imagine this is why the set was cut a bit short.

Granted, they guys did fuck around a lot between songs, but the overall energy of this show was unlike anything I have witnessed in years. There were times that my friend and I could barely hear the band because the applause was so overwhelmingly loud. After the show Maynard actually came to the mid-front of the stage to show appreciation, while the other members jeered along and seemed to sincerely thank everyone via gestures. Most shows I've seen, he's the first one off the stage.

I was extremely satisfied with the outcome of the entire evening, even though I felt a bit incomplete without Vicarious and Aenima.

The video and light show is actually better from the 200 or 300 sec tion. I ahve been spending extra money and time trying to get flor tickets for the last few shows and I realized there is an entirely different experience from an elevated perspective. I knew that there were elements projected on to the floor, but I did not fully realize the scope of the visual elements until sitting higher. What their "fx" have evolved to is simply delightful.

The fight was awesome. It was in section 227... I was in 225. I don't know what started it, but before we knew it, three people were beating the shit out of each other and the entire arena was cheering it on. I got a pic of the crowd looking in our direction, I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway... right as the OKC police officers snapped the cuffs on the culprits, the lights went down and the show started. Congradulations to the dumb asses who thought missing the Tool concert was worth hitting somone a couple of times and then getting to go to jail. Hooray for stupidity!!! It gives us all something to look forward to everyday.

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE:
Riding back to Dallas we listened to Demetri Martin and somehow still had Vicarious stuck in my head... it must have been from all of the dipshits in the parking garage blasting Tool out of their shitty speakers right after a Tool concert.

Please people, let's all work together to put an end to this ridiculous redundant ritual. Broaden your horizons a bit, or if nothing else... silence can be used from time to time to clear your palette or to contemplate the events of the evening. Don't be afraid to use this tool to better yourselves in your journey.

Tootles.

Melcro
OFFLINE |  
kfrinkle's Avatar kfrinkle
05-20-2007, 05:42 PM

Great show. I was at Coachella and then decided to take a break from the tour. I have been reading the setlists and shit, so I knew what to expect. I was a little disappointed at no Vicarious/AEnema, but they did rock the place for almost 2 hours. I do think that a band of their caliber, and for the price of the tickets, they should be playing 2.5 hours at least. But what they did play was kick ass.

I long for the 2001 tour days....

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 05:59 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Great show. I was at Coachella and then decided to take a break from the tour. I have been reading the setlists and shit, so I knew what to expect. I was a little disappointed at no Vicarious/AEnema, but they did rock the place for almost 2 hours. I do think that a band of their caliber, and for the price of the tickets, they should be playing 2.5 hours at least. But what they did play was kick ass.

I long for the 2001 tour days....

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 05:59 PM..
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
05-20-2007, 06:00 PM

Since people dont seem to be grasping the idea of a review section, if anyone has a review they would like to be posted here, let me know.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #43
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Since people dont seem to be grasping the idea of a review section, if anyone has a review they would like to be posted here, let me know.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply