opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2006, 07:25 AM   #81
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

I got 2 tickets Loge area section 202 row H - pretty good seats in my opinion... Dead center. Elevated view. I think I did ok. although ticketmaster RAPES in service charges. 2 tickets came out to 135$, christ.
Do what it takes to step through.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:26 AM   #82
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

this blows...I started a search at fuckin 11:01 and it did nothing except tell me wait and keep waiting...oh well, guess it's off to the lawn for me.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #83
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 751

when i got on there initially it gave me lawn seats, and that was at 11 AM on the dot. that was fucking random because there are no way 3000+people all got better seats than me in less than 5 seconds. figure this, if you keep searching and keep finding better tickets, that means you buy more, like i did. they sucker you in to make you buy more. its bullshit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #84
Level 4 - Thinker

Well I got pretty decent seats... Section 202 row H - 2 tix. Dead center. Elevated view. I think theyre pretty damn sweet. Even though I got RAPED by ticketmaster in service charges. 135$ for 2 goddamn tickets. christ.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:29 AM   #85
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJsancho
this blows...I started a search at fuckin 11:01 and it did nothing except tell me wait and keep waiting...oh well, guess it's off to the lawn for me.
i'll sell you one of my seats, the 104 BB seat 5 seat. PM me with what you are willing to spend if you want it. i have to make some of my money back somehow.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #86

fuck this...I'm going back to bed
Old 07-22-2006, 07:33 AM   #87
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Section 202, row R, seats 22-23. Hell yes! another bonding experience with my dad. He and I saw Tool back in the 2002 summer tour at radio city music hall, I can't wait to see these guys again!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:33 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit4Demolition
i'll sell you one of my seats, the 104 BB seat 5 seat. PM me with what you are willing to spend if you want it. i have to make some of my money back somehow.
Sorry man...my problem is that I was trying to buy seats for 5 of us so that we could all sit together. One ticket doesn't do me any good. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #89

They're almot certain to be coming back to the NYC area. When they announced these current dates, they specifically said that these were SOME of the dates for the fall tour. Next time, I'm just looking for my own seats. Friends are overrated <jk>
Old 07-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #90

anyone here end up sticking with lawn seats? I'll be there front and center; a beer for each hand.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #91

Bincount™: 3

does anyone know what row AA means.

I went on and got 6 tix sec 203 and bought them. then i went back and got 1 ticket just because I thought 1 ticket might have a better chance of getting near the front. and I get sec 103 row AA.

at the tower theater in may the tool show had row AA in front of row A and row AAA was the pit. so I'm hoping it's really close but I doubt it. i's probabbly row 27.

don't worry if you got lawn seats. just get there early and get a spot up front and it's almost like being inside, but if it rains it sucks
Old 07-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #92
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
does anyone know what row AA means.

I went on and got 6 tix sec 203 and bought them. then i went back and got 1 ticket just because I thought 1 ticket might have a better chance of getting near the front. and I get sec 103 row AA.

at the tower theater in may the tool show had row AA in front of row A and row AAA was the pit. so I'm hoping it's really close but I doubt it. i's probabbly row 27.

don't worry if you got lawn seats. just get there early and get a spot up front and it's almost like being inside, but if it rains it sucks
row AA is a small section AFTER the normal orchestra seats. its like a row of AA and BB and thats it. check the seating chart on ticketmaster its the think row right behind orchestra. its in red.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:41 AM   #93
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnasTheSlayer
Section 202, row R, seats 22-23. Hell yes! another bonding experience with my dad. He and I saw Tool back in the 2002 summer tour at radio city music hall, I can't wait to see these guys again!
Almost same spot as me. I got same section but row H seats 51-52 literally, DEAD CENTER. CENTER SECTION... CENTER SEATS. WOOT
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #94
Level 4 - Thinker

I just had 1 orchestra seat that showed up section 102 row G. and when i tried to buy it the site like crashed. haha oh well. I wouldve just sold it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:43 AM   #95

Actually, I was encouraging the rain at the NIN show. I was slightly disappointed that it didn't seriously start to pour. I thought it was cool; somethng you'd never experience at a typical indoor concert. That's just me, though.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:44 AM   #96
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauny Kass XXX
Almost same spot as me. I got same section but row H seats 51-52 literally, DEAD CENTER. CENTER SECTION... CENTER SEATS. WOOT
haha nice bro. once I saw where section 202 was I almost creamed myself!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:44 AM   #97

Well, so long as it doesn't turn into that whole mud fiasco from Woodstock '94
Old 07-22-2006, 07:44 AM   #98
Level 4 - Thinker

Damn there was a point where you could've bought a single orchestra seat for the past 45 min and now they must be totally gone because i've tried searching about 15 times in a row for 1 orch. and they're not coming up anymore.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #99
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnasTheSlayer
haha nice bro. once I saw where section 202 was I almost creamed myself!
yea man, they may be Loge, but... if you think about it its literally the best view because its eleveated and you can see the whole stage. not only that the sound hits you the best in a spot like that. no too close so the bass sounds ridiculous and not too far so its hard to hear. its a really sweet spot in my opinion. I wasn't too psyched when I saw that I had to settle for Loge but. now that I think about it, it'll be pretty damn good.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #100
Level 12 - Scurrilous

i just sent an e-mail to ticketmaster questioning the same result you had Shauny.

Hi, I am very unhappy with my Ticketmaster experience because i had to buy three different sets of tickets to get decent seats. the tickets went on sale at 11AM and i was into the site within 15 seconds after 11AM and i was stuck with lawn seats. i was initially very angry with this. i searced again five minutes later and got better seats, much better seats. this could have been a fluke so i bought that seat as well. then 22 minutes after 11AM i searched again. i got better tickets still. what i dont understand is i always chose "Best Available" but i never got "Best Available" it seems more random to me. i had to spend over $200 on tickets, when i only wanted one decent seat. I want to better understand what "Best Available" means and what curriculum the option uses for deciding what the Best Available seats are; because i dont think lawn seats are better than seats that are a lot closer. i understand that the word "available" is used, but i doubt my now good seat was unavailable when i was duped into buying lawn seats 15 seconds after the show went on sale. honestly i feel scammed, i spent over $200 when i am going to end up using a seat that only cost me $70. i chose best available, because that is what i thought i was going to get, but i didnt. and to me that decision to use that option cost me over $150. i doubt a refund is an option, but i would like an explanation, an honest one, and the security to know when i have to use ticketmaster again, the "Best Available" option will actually perform the way it is supposed to. or if i find out the system is flawed i will know to narrow down my search. thanks for a prompt reply.

if anything that e-mail helped me vent a little. but not soon enough after i got yelled at by my dad for "trashing his house". i slammed my bedroom door open and he calls it trashing the house. what a douchebag. its so funny when me and him argue. he'll yell at me, and i will say, "I know i did something wrong and i wont do it again. i am over the issue at hand and i hope you will lower your bloodpressure and stop yelling." he walks away for about two seconds and starts yelling again and i repeat the same thing i said before.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #101

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center- @ seats for sale

This was utter BS dealing w/ ticket master this morning...

anyway

I have 2 extra tickets available for face value. Let me know

Tool
Tweeter Center At the Waterfront, Camden, NJ
Thursday September 28, 2006 8:00 pm

Seat location: section 203, row W, seats 15-16
Total Charge: $113.10
- The Almighty Kool Keith!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:51 AM   #102
Level 12 - Scurrilous

for those of you wishing to get a little closer, but a little off to the side, search now. it seems as though they saved the whole goddamn 104 section for half an hour after tix went on sale. i just searced again and found one in that section. i cant believe how horrible tm is, this is bullshit.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #103
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
i just sent an e-mail to ticketmaster questioning the same result you had Shauny.

Hi, I am very unhappy with my Ticketmaster experience because i had to buy three different sets of tickets to get decent seats. the tickets went on sale at 11AM and i was into the site within 15 seconds after 11AM and i was stuck with lawn seats. i was initially very angry with this. i searced again five minutes later and got better seats, much better seats. this could have been a fluke so i bought that seat as well. then 22 minutes after 11AM i searched again. i got better tickets still. what i dont understand is i always chose "Best Available" but i never got "Best Available" it seems more random to me. i had to spend over $200 on tickets, when i only wanted one decent seat. I want to better understand what "Best Available" means and what curriculum the option uses for deciding what the Best Available seats are; because i dont think lawn seats are better than seats that are a lot closer. i understand that the word "available" is used, but i doubt my now good seat was unavailable when i was duped into buying lawn seats 15 seconds after the show went on sale. honestly i feel scammed, i spent over $200 when i am going to end up using a seat that only cost me $70. i chose best available, because that is what i thought i was going to get, but i didnt. and to me that decision to use that option cost me over $150. i doubt a refund is an option, but i would like an explanation, an honest one, and the security to know when i have to use ticketmaster again, the "Best Available" option will actually perform the way it is supposed to. or if i find out the system is flawed i will know to narrow down my search. thanks for a prompt reply.

if anything that e-mail helped me vent a little. but not soon enough after i got yelled at by my dad for "trashing his house". i slammed my bedroom door open and he calls it trashing the house. what a douchebag. its so funny when me and him argue. he'll yell at me, and i will say, "I know i did something wrong and i wont do it again. i am over the issue at hand and i hope you will lower your bloodpressure and stop yelling." he walks away for about two seconds and starts yelling again and i repeat the same thing i said before.
I had a couple browsers open at 11am and a few of them said lawn and i got a couple loge and i just picked the best loge seats. I figured at that point the best pair of 2 tickets that you could get where loge. so I guess i got lucky with the section that it gave me. although i searched for the next 45 min for 2 or 1 orchestra seats and i kept getting results for 1 orch. i would get the shitty off to the side sections but then 1 time i got the dead center section row g and it like got an error when i went to check the ticket out. gay. i wouldve sold it to someone on the board. but, oh well. ticketmaster is the worst. with shows this big. you're best bet... is to either go to the venue itself and by them (which i almost did) or call on the phone sometimes phone works out better than the computer if you can get through. Either way im looking foward to the show I think I got pretty nice seats.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #104
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
for those of you wishing to get a little closer, but a little off to the side, search now. it seems as though they saved the whole goddamn 104 section for half an hour after tix went on sale. i just searced again and found one in that section. i cant believe how horrible tm is, this is bullshit.
thats been happening for the past 45min. i can get single orch seats somewhere on the side. but there was 1 time i got middle section.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:58 AM   #105
Level 4 - Thinker

I just realized how shitty the pit will probably be. if i had an opportunity to get pits seats i definetly would not take them. Getting overcrowded by mall metal ***s sweating and making it hard to enjoy the show is ALWAYS how pit turns out.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:00 AM   #106
Level 12 - Scurrilous

i would keep searching, but i cant keep buying tickets. i have 4 and im only going to use one, maybe two if im lucky. im reasonably happy with the 104 row T seat. "Best Available" is definitly a scam option. next time im going to narrow down my search and have confidence that i can get decent tickets. but with TM selling so many broker tickets you can never be sure which sections are open. TM is definitly scamming a lot of people now a days.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #107
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I just realized how shitty the pit will probably be. if i had an opportunity to get pits seats i definetly would not take them. Getting overcrowded by mall metal ***s sweating and making it hard to enjoy the show is ALWAYS how pit turns out.
Pit tickets for the Tower show were selling for $6K on broker sites. i would probably sell mine if i had one, that is if i didnt get fucked by TM
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #108
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Pit tickets for the Tower show were selling for $6K on broker sites. i would probably sell mine if i had one, that is if i didnt get fucked by TM
If someone were to spend $6,000 on Tool tickets. They need to get help. That is utterly ridiculous. I paid 500 for 2 orchestra seats for the nyc small show they played but that was a SMALL show and it was also theyre first ny show in 3 years. so it was somewhat realistic to pay that. but 6000? come on
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #109

How about the fact that I ran a search for tickets --ANY TICKETS -- immediately after 11:00 and was told to wait for approximately 2 minutes. Well, 2 minutes turned into a half an hour, so now i'm stuck with lawn seats.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:05 AM   #110
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

=(...Right now I have two tickets in Section 201, Row F and three tickets in 204 Row G...My suggestion: just keep trying...At the City Center show, I got tickets the day of the show by simply calling up...If I get better seats, I'll just sell these for face value

<3 Armando
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:06 AM   #111
Level 4 - Thinker

if you want decent loge seats i just searched and got 2 lodge seats row L section 202. pretty much dead center like my seats. im gonna let them go in a min. best seats ive seen since i bought mine. as far as a pair that is
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:06 AM   #112
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
How about the fact that I ran a search for tickets --ANY TICKETS -- immediately after 11:00 and was told to wait for approximately 2 minutes. Well, 2 minutes turned into a half an hour, so now i'm stuck with lawn seats.
but there are still seated sections available.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:07 AM   #113
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
its probably because you wanted a lot of seats. it really is bullshit, i dont ever want to go through that shit again. maybe i will try to get a job at TM, it seems like that is the only way to get the tickets you want.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #114
Level 7 - Loquacious

Next time, I figure on going to the venue and buying them there...I mean, that's why good seats were probably unavailable online...There were probably people on line outside the box office, so they probably get preference

It's still complete bullshit, but whatever <shrugs>

<3 Armando
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:09 AM   #115
Level 4 - Thinker

What I would love to know is... how the fuck brokers get pit and orchestra seats like a week before the show even goes on sale. I saw seats for sale on ticketstub for like 2 grand a week ago wtf is that bullshit
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:10 AM   #116

Bincount™: 4

I've been on ticketassholes since 11am and got all sorts of good seats come up, but didn't buy any....I think I'm going to wait until next week when I get paid again. If I end up with lawn seats, then oh well, I did just see them 3 times in a row pretty much :)

I'd rather go out tonight and have a life

"It's become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity. When I look at you, I think that one day - our humanity might actually surpass our technology."
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:10 AM   #117
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by armmar
Next time, I figure on going to the venue and buying them there...I mean, that's why good seats were probably unavailable online...There were probably people on line outside the box office, so they probably get preference

It's still complete bullshit, but whatever <shrugs>

<3 Armando
I was actually pretty close to doing this but NJ is a far drive back and forth just to purchase tickets. Im happy with sec 202 lodge. Row H and all i had to do was refresh a couple browsers in the comfort of my home
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #118
Level 7 - Loquacious

They probably have a deal with the venue...If people are willing to pay the broker's prices, why not make more money on the side?...Ridiculous

<3 Armando
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:13 AM   #119
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
yea man, they may be Loge, but... if you think about it its literally the best view because its eleveated and you can see the whole stage. not only that the sound hits you the best in a spot like that. no too close so the bass sounds ridiculous and not too far so its hard to hear. its a really sweet spot in my opinion. I wasn't too psyched when I saw that I had to settle for Loge but. now that I think about it, it'll be pretty damn good.
yeah, the way I look at it, the sound booth is in the front of our section, so hopefully we'll be getting the best sound. of course this is all speculation since i've never been to the tweeter center.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #120

Quote:
its probably because you wanted a lot of seats. it really is bullshit, i dont ever want to go through that shit again. maybe i will try to get a job at TM, it seems like that is the only way to get the tickets you want.
I understand that i looked for a lot of seats, but it should at least tell me that nothing was available and to try again. I think more than just wanting to get good seats, I want the satisfaction of conquering ticketmaster. Just once I'd like to buy tickets and get a decent result.

And another thing: I would like ticketmaster to explain just what the fuck their "Service Charge" covers. What the hell do they need to charge us an extra $10 for just so we can have the joyous experience of utilizing their wonderful website (which, coincidentally, is usually the ONLY option). Actually, they have the audacity to call it a "Convenience Charge". Are you fuckin' kidding me?!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: