Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
Somniferouseye
05-13-2007, 12:08 PM

Does the poster show with any more detail, clarity, the three papers in a stand at the front right side of Maynards desk, or the pictures on Adams desk under the old "viewmaster" ?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Poster to solve the puzzle

Does the poster show with any more detail, clarity, the three papers in a stand at the front right side of Maynards desk, or the pictures on Adams desk under the old "viewmaster" ?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
sicbanana's Avatar sicbanana
05-13-2007, 05:37 PM

i just wanted to ask if someone owning that poster could scan it in 4 parts
and upload + link it somewhere? please? i would be really thankful for this! :)
Old 05-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

i just wanted to ask if someone owning that poster could scan it in 4 parts
and upload + link it somewhere? please? i would be really thankful for this! :)
05-14-2007, 06:29 AM

i went to the concert on may 11th
was going to post a report about it in live, but the board says im restricted from doing so, i think its because im so new.
i was only in the second row for the first song jambi, my fiance is prown to seizures if she overheats, and everyone went insane when Adam got on the vocalbox mic attachment, so i had to get her outta there.
Maynard came out guns a blazin-literally as he walked across his little stage, he was wearing a cowboy hat and a huge shiny belt buckle with boots.
the concert was so awesome seeing it from where we went to though, we wouldnt have seen as much as we did if we didnt move :)
but anyways, i have both our tickets and she hung her poster on her wall already, but its at her place and im here...my poster is still in the plastic tubing..im waiting to get a frame to put it in.
ill take her camera sometime today possibly on my lunch hour and go take a huge picture then close up pictures of these daggars and whatnot.
i have a few ideas on what the poster might be meaning but and how they all link up, but im still not quite sure..im going to have to try some things on my computer tonight after work.

Last edited by oculairus; 05-14-2007 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-14-2007, 06:29 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

i went to the concert on may 11th
was going to post a report about it in live, but the board says im restricted from doing so, i think its because im so new.
i was only in the second row for the first song jambi, my fiance is prown to seizures if she overheats, and everyone went insane when Adam got on the vocalbox mic attachment, so i had to get her outta there.
Maynard came out guns a blazin-literally as he walked across his little stage, he was wearing a cowboy hat and a huge shiny belt buckle with boots.
the concert was so awesome seeing it from where we went to though, we wouldnt have seen as much as we did if we didnt move :)
but anyways, i have both our tickets and she hung her poster on her wall already, but its at her place and im here...my poster is still in the plastic tubing..im waiting to get a frame to put it in.
ill take her camera sometime today possibly on my lunch hour and go take a huge picture then close up pictures of these daggars and whatnot.
i have a few ideas on what the poster might be meaning but and how they all link up, but im still not quite sure..im going to have to try some things on my computer tonight after work.

Last edited by oculairus; 05-14-2007 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: spelling
oculairus
05-14-2007, 06:42 AM

just found this
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ut/ToolPoster/
im still going to do some photoshopping...might even go buy a second cd just so i can cut the book up and try to aline the photos or load them to my computer or do something with them.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

just found this
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ut/ToolPoster/
im still going to do some photoshopping...might even go buy a second cd just so i can cut the book up and try to aline the photos or load them to my computer or do something with them.
WaggySTG
05-23-2007, 06:16 PM

The daggers pertain to the alphabet of daggers. They spell out the band members initials, like D E C for Danny Carey
Old 05-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #45
Level 2 - Poster

The daggers pertain to the alphabet of daggers. They spell out the band members initials, like D E C for Danny Carey
theDEXorphan's Avatar theDEXorphan
05-23-2007, 09:40 PM

hmmmm
Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #46
lacks satan

Bincount™: 5222

hmmmm
nihil scimus's Avatar nihil scimus
05-27-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaggySTG View Post
Not to mention the F U located in the TOOL logo. LOL. I love tool.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #47
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaggySTG View Post
Not to mention the F U located in the TOOL logo. LOL. I love tool.
Resolution's Avatar Resolution
05-31-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNING_GLORY View Post
Its great that people have invested so much time and effort into this "puzzle", but honestly people, even if someone cracked the "puzzle", what could it possibly say thats so important? Like someone said above me, the music speaks for itself, why would they need to make some elaborate "puzzle" that no one can crack a year later?

Its a cute idea, really, but come to terms with it. There is no puzzle, its a tool marketing scheme, seeing as they don't go on MTV and do a whole lot of photo shoots and all that. This is their way of making money.

your the boy wearing 501's, a dope beastie tee and nipple rings, huh?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:33 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNING_GLORY View Post
Its great that people have invested so much time and effort into this "puzzle", but honestly people, even if someone cracked the "puzzle", what could it possibly say thats so important? Like someone said above me, the music speaks for itself, why would they need to make some elaborate "puzzle" that no one can crack a year later?

Its a cute idea, really, but come to terms with it. There is no puzzle, its a tool marketing scheme, seeing as they don't go on MTV and do a whole lot of photo shoots and all that. This is their way of making money.

your the boy wearing 501's, a dope beastie tee and nipple rings, huh?
06-01-2007, 12:56 AM

new tatoos and claimin he was OGT
Old 06-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #49
lacks satan

Bincount™: 5222

new tatoos and claimin he was OGT
ColdLogic's Avatar ColdLogic
06-01-2007, 06:13 AM

rechemistry
Level 3 - Talker

What have you been doing for the last 4 years with only a handful of posts?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 AM   #50
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 29

rechemistry
Level 3 - Talker

06-01-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLogic View Post
rechemistry
Level 3 - Talker

maybe he's fucking Batman, dude.
Or he could be fucking Batman.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #51
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdLogic View Post
rechemistry
Level 3 - Talker

toolwithapenis
06-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
hmm
batmans to straight to be gay
i think hes fucking spider man
Old 06-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #52
Banned.

Bincount™: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
hmm
batmans to straight to be gay
i think hes fucking spider man
Aneurias
07-25-2007, 09:18 PM

I wanted to post a message here to anyone who doubts that there is a puzzle in the booklet/songs on the basis that it might possibly make them more money.
There's a thing called cryptography, maybe you might have heard. They don't teach it in schools, because of it's ties to waging successful warfare throughout the years. Not a tool they want in the hands of the everyday american child. But it's been going on since the dawn of mankind. You don't want your secret plans to fall into the wrong hands. You encode it, those knowing the key or keys can instantly decipher it. The reason it hasn't been solved yet is probably because it involves many elements and layers that can only be percieved after solving the first few elements, and noone has been smart enough to find it(maybe they're just not telling). There is no giving up to a codebreaker, only more work. besides it most likely has something to do with something that's right in front of your face. Plus, if you had worked all that hard to find the secret, and realized it's not for everyone to know, would you tell them anyway? would it be of any use to them? you have to understand what comes first before you can concieve that stone to stand on. Just the way a Kung Fu master will never show his deadliest moves to a beginner student. They lack the discipline neccesary to weild that kind of power. The prize at the end is not a trinket or a fucking congratulations, or anything that you might be looking for if you're seeking some kind of reward, but for those that do what they will, do it without reguard for what may come of it, will find something there. Knowlege is power. don'tcha know? we all know

Confuscias

ps: qgt si tiy rgubj rgwew;a riik \ent \bs b\ct> Huh?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

I wanted to post a message here to anyone who doubts that there is a puzzle in the booklet/songs on the basis that it might possibly make them more money.
There's a thing called cryptography, maybe you might have heard. They don't teach it in schools, because of it's ties to waging successful warfare throughout the years. Not a tool they want in the hands of the everyday american child. But it's been going on since the dawn of mankind. You don't want your secret plans to fall into the wrong hands. You encode it, those knowing the key or keys can instantly decipher it. The reason it hasn't been solved yet is probably because it involves many elements and layers that can only be percieved after solving the first few elements, and noone has been smart enough to find it(maybe they're just not telling). There is no giving up to a codebreaker, only more work. besides it most likely has something to do with something that's right in front of your face. Plus, if you had worked all that hard to find the secret, and realized it's not for everyone to know, would you tell them anyway? would it be of any use to them? you have to understand what comes first before you can concieve that stone to stand on. Just the way a Kung Fu master will never show his deadliest moves to a beginner student. They lack the discipline neccesary to weild that kind of power. The prize at the end is not a trinket or a fucking congratulations, or anything that you might be looking for if you're seeking some kind of reward, but for those that do what they will, do it without reguard for what may come of it, will find something there. Knowlege is power. don'tcha know? we all know

Confuscias

ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
07-26-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurias View Post

Confuscias

I think it is totally a marketing strategy, but that doesn't mean there is no answer. They are always on the lookout for ways to make it rewarding for the listener to dig deeper.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #54
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurias View Post

Confuscias

I think it is totally a marketing strategy, but that doesn't mean there is no answer. They are always on the lookout for ways to make it rewarding for the listener to dig deeper.
07-29-2007, 11:25 AM

The alphabet of Daggers first appeared in Aleister Crowley's book The Vision And The Voice, which was published in the fifth number of The Equinox (1911).

http://stashbox.org/31375/Daggers1.JPG
Old 07-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

The alphabet of Daggers first appeared in Aleister Crowley's book The Vision And The Voice, which was published in the fifth number of The Equinox (1911).

http://stashbox.org/31375/Daggers1.JPG
miketh74's Avatar miketh74
08-04-2007, 08:21 AM

I don't think the stereoscopic lenses will solve anything....the daggers are definitely the key....I shall keep digging.....

Wherever you go........there you are.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #56
caveman

Bincount™: 193

I don't think the stereoscopic lenses will solve anything....the daggers are definitely the key....I shall keep digging.....

Wherever you go........there you are.
M00N's Avatar M00N
08-04-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
I'm secretly hoping that the answer will be something great like "Drink more Ovaltine,' but I'm probably alone on that one.
lol, although i know that thats not it, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine tool doing that.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:12 AM   #57
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiola View Post
I'm secretly hoping that the answer will be something great like "Drink more Ovaltine,' but I'm probably alone on that one.
lol, although i know that thats not it, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine tool doing that.
08-13-2007, 11:06 PM

daggers... yeah you aught to know your dagger alphabet anyways. hey while your at it maybe go read Simon Singh's THE CODE BOOK, give you some insights into encyphering
decyphering, how computers were basicaly invented to make and break codes? Would you build a gigantic building sized computer if you didn't have a pretty good reason? This was the reason, but they never really let onto it, the more people knew about actual decent methods of encypherment, the less control they would have over their people. There are now and have been for a while, computers that search every web page, email, instant message, every broadcast that is put into the airwaves, scanning for certain words, and also encrypted messages. Those computers also crack the codes, usually in minutes. Supposedly there is an encryption program on the web that is unbreakable. but I doubt it for some reason. supposedly anyway it's worth investigating.

http://www.simonsingh.net/The_Code_Book.html
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 PM   #58
Level 2 - Poster

daggers... yeah you aught to know your dagger alphabet anyways. hey while your at it maybe go read Simon Singh's THE CODE BOOK, give you some insights into encyphering
decyphering, how computers were basicaly invented to make and break codes? Would you build a gigantic building sized computer if you didn't have a pretty good reason? This was the reason, but they never really let onto it, the more people knew about actual decent methods of encypherment, the less control they would have over their people. There are now and have been for a while, computers that search every web page, email, instant message, every broadcast that is put into the airwaves, scanning for certain words, and also encrypted messages. Those computers also crack the codes, usually in minutes. Supposedly there is an encryption program on the web that is unbreakable. but I doubt it for some reason. supposedly anyway it's worth investigating.

http://www.simonsingh.net/The_Code_Book.html
Aneurias
08-13-2007, 11:22 PM

Oh yeah and I will concede that it is a marketing strategy, I gave it some thought, and they really are just doing their jobs to a degree. Only their boss is us. . That sounds terrible. Everybody's gotta eat. Anyway they have to put up some kind of show for us overanalytical bloodsuckers(being that we're the boss and all), and if there is nothing to invest our time into, then there's really not a reason to buy their shit at all. Music is free, hell go look at their myspace account with every song. we need something to figure out sometimes, just to stimulate our minds above the humdrum. Break them out of the inertia which holds them in a steady circle. people all over the world do puzzles everyday, sadly not so many people these days. TV is killing us, Kill it first.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #59
Level 2 - Poster

Oh yeah and I will concede that it is a marketing strategy, I gave it some thought, and they really are just doing their jobs to a degree. Only their boss is us. . That sounds terrible. Everybody's gotta eat. Anyway they have to put up some kind of show for us overanalytical bloodsuckers(being that we're the boss and all), and if there is nothing to invest our time into, then there's really not a reason to buy their shit at all. Music is free, hell go look at their myspace account with every song. we need something to figure out sometimes, just to stimulate our minds above the humdrum. Break them out of the inertia which holds them in a steady circle. people all over the world do puzzles everyday, sadly not so many people these days. TV is killing us, Kill it first.
Thermington's Avatar Thermington
05-15-2012, 04:21 AM

The daggers from top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right spell "TOOL". At the bottom middle the formation of the daggers form all letters of TOOL overlapping, a T at the top, below two O's next to each other, at the bottom is the L.

Maynard's spell "MJK". Adam's spell "ATJ" for Adam Thomas Jones. Justin's spell "JGWC" for Justin Gunnar Walter Chancellor. and Danny's spell "DEC" for Danny Edward Carey.

The top center has an X for some reason.

Finally the two letters in the first O of the tool logo in the middle spells "FU", a supposed "fuck you" for figuring out the puzzle, lol. The only thing that doesn't fit is the X at the top center.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 AM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

The daggers from top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right spell "TOOL". At the bottom middle the formation of the daggers form all letters of TOOL overlapping, a T at the top, below two O's next to each other, at the bottom is the L.

Maynard's spell "MJK". Adam's spell "ATJ" for Adam Thomas Jones. Justin's spell "JGWC" for Justin Gunnar Walter Chancellor. and Danny's spell "DEC" for Danny Edward Carey.

The top center has an X for some reason.

Finally the two letters in the first O of the tool logo in the middle spells "FU", a supposed "fuck you" for figuring out the puzzle, lol. The only thing that doesn't fit is the X at the top center.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply