Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Wings for Marie Pt. 1
10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)
Lateralus

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 06:11 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Wings for Marie Pt. 1
Lateralus

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 06:11 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Viginti23Tres's Avatar Viginti23Tres
05-19-2007, 08:13 PM

well ... that fucking sucked.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Wings for Marie Pt. 1
Lateralus

No Vicarious. No Aenima.
Sub-par performance.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

well ... that fucking sucked.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Wings for Marie Pt. 1
Lateralus

No Vicarious. No Aenima.
Sub-par performance.
OFFLINE |  
algebraiv
05-19-2007, 08:16 PM

i second that notion. very sub-par. i didn't "get" the whole is this kansas or oklahoma comment from maynard. oh well, tool is still tool, and that's good enough for me.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

i second that notion. very sub-par. i didn't "get" the whole is this kansas or oklahoma comment from maynard. oh well, tool is still tool, and that's good enough for me.
OFFLINE |  
Fvolfrine
05-19-2007, 08:20 PM

crushed that they didn't play vicarious or aenima or an encore at all. was totally shocked when the lights came on after Lateralus and the crew started tearing the stage down. I just sat their waiting for the band to come back out . . .

But it was a great 2 hour performance, even if it was only ten songs.

But Rosetta Stone? Snore.

but the fight right before the band came on was priceles.

Best song of the night was, by far, Jambi. The opening song...

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 08:13 AM..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

crushed that they didn't play vicarious or aenima or an encore at all. was totally shocked when the lights came on after Lateralus and the crew started tearing the stage down. I just sat their waiting for the band to come back out . . .

But it was a great 2 hour performance, even if it was only ten songs.

But Rosetta Stone? Snore.

but the fight right before the band came on was priceles.

Best song of the night was, by far, Jambi. The opening song...

OFFLINE |  
goosenesque
05-19-2007, 08:23 PM

It should be noted that they played the amazing extended Stinkfist (for the first time on this tour, I believe), the extended Schism, and they also extended Lost Keys to about 10 minutes, with Maynard doing the background talking.

Exact start of show was 8:35 and it ended at 10:25...if they finished it off right this would've been one of the better shows of the tour. Oh well, such is life.

Last edited by goosenesque; 05-19-2007 at 08:26 PM..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

It should be noted that they played the amazing extended Stinkfist (for the first time on this tour, I believe), the extended Schism, and they also extended Lost Keys to about 10 minutes, with Maynard doing the background talking.

Exact start of show was 8:35 and it ended at 10:25...if they finished it off right this would've been one of the better shows of the tour. Oh well, such is life.

Last edited by goosenesque; 05-19-2007 at 08:26 PM..
OFFLINE |  
K7_Leetha's Avatar K7_Leetha
05-19-2007, 08:35 PM

Reposted with a clearer head ;):

There wasn't enough time in between the fight and when Tool came on for them to "plan" to drop the last 2 songs. It literally happened like 1 minute before the lights went down. So I think they knew well in advance what they were going to play.

I don't care what anyone says, the energy was electric. I've never heard a crowd so into a musical act. Tool knew this, they played with ALOT of energy. Again, it was a life changing show.

There was a little static between my room mates and I that put a damper on things for me. Due to the fact we payed 230 dollars for a hotel room and the woke me up to check out 4 fucking hours early! Fuckers. Guess its cuz they did uppers all night and I did downers ;).

Every second Tool was on stage it was magical, it was so good time flew by, and I wanted more more more!

Best song of the night? Wings for Marie/10,000 days.MJK was definatly opening portals on that shit.

Got to smoke 5 blunts the whole show, no hassle...Even shared with surrounding folks! EVERYONE loved every song, every second, everything. I just wanted time to freeze during that concert, cuz its such a bummer to come back to the real world.

Again this was my first Tool show and Im a drummer sooo I'm a little biased. Danny Carrey = I shall obey.

Oh and one more thing, my buddy was wearing a T-Shirt that said "Got Pussy?" lol.

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 05-20-2007 at 09:22 AM..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:35 PM   #6

Reposted with a clearer head ;):

There wasn't enough time in between the fight and when Tool came on for them to "plan" to drop the last 2 songs. It literally happened like 1 minute before the lights went down. So I think they knew well in advance what they were going to play.

I don't care what anyone says, the energy was electric. I've never heard a crowd so into a musical act. Tool knew this, they played with ALOT of energy. Again, it was a life changing show.

There was a little static between my room mates and I that put a damper on things for me. Due to the fact we payed 230 dollars for a hotel room and the woke me up to check out 4 fucking hours early! Fuckers. Guess its cuz they did uppers all night and I did downers ;).

Every second Tool was on stage it was magical, it was so good time flew by, and I wanted more more more!

Best song of the night? Wings for Marie/10,000 days.MJK was definatly opening portals on that shit.

Got to smoke 5 blunts the whole show, no hassle...Even shared with surrounding folks! EVERYONE loved every song, every second, everything. I just wanted time to freeze during that concert, cuz its such a bummer to come back to the real world.

Again this was my first Tool show and Im a drummer sooo I'm a little biased. Danny Carrey = I shall obey.

Oh and one more thing, my buddy was wearing a T-Shirt that said "Got Pussy?" lol.

Last edited by K7_Leetha; 05-20-2007 at 09:22 AM..
OFFLINE |  
MattOKC
05-19-2007, 08:46 PM

The setlist may have been missing a couple of songs, but the show was definitely not "sub-par." Perhaps a better word for it was "incomplete," because the performance istelf was amazing. The band was not lazy or feeling routine; they put a lot of energy into it and their affection for the music and each other was clear.

There was a fight before the show. Apparently, a guy started viciously attacking a girl, pounding on her mercilessly. The crowd was not cheering the fight, but the efforts of bystanders to stop him. Police arrived and suddenly he feigned lamb-like compliance, and the crowd erupted in applause as they cuffed him. In a wonderful display of instant karma, he was hauled away literally seconds before the lights dropped to start the show. He missed the whole concert because he felt entitled to assault a girl--at a TOOL show, no less, where the band challenges violence and aggression and champions compassion and relationship. If he had done this only a minute later he would have gotten away with it in the darkness, too.

I agree, though, that I'm pretty sick of bands making hick/cowboy jokes at us every time we see a concert. If we were all a bunch of hicks and hillbillies, TOOL would not have sold out their fourth concert in a row here.

Oh, and if I did have one criticism of the show itself, it's that TOOL tends to get a bit heavy on the everlasting ambiant noise between songs. Tonight was no exception.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

The setlist may have been missing a couple of songs, but the show was definitely not "sub-par." Perhaps a better word for it was "incomplete," because the performance istelf was amazing. The band was not lazy or feeling routine; they put a lot of energy into it and their affection for the music and each other was clear.

There was a fight before the show. Apparently, a guy started viciously attacking a girl, pounding on her mercilessly. The crowd was not cheering the fight, but the efforts of bystanders to stop him. Police arrived and suddenly he feigned lamb-like compliance, and the crowd erupted in applause as they cuffed him. In a wonderful display of instant karma, he was hauled away literally seconds before the lights dropped to start the show. He missed the whole concert because he felt entitled to assault a girl--at a TOOL show, no less, where the band challenges violence and aggression and champions compassion and relationship. If he had done this only a minute later he would have gotten away with it in the darkness, too.

I agree, though, that I'm pretty sick of bands making hick/cowboy jokes at us every time we see a concert. If we were all a bunch of hicks and hillbillies, TOOL would not have sold out their fourth concert in a row here.

Oh, and if I did have one criticism of the show itself, it's that TOOL tends to get a bit heavy on the everlasting ambiant noise between songs. Tonight was no exception.

OFFLINE |  
Mr. Todd
05-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Just got back to my brother's house in Norman..

Saddened by the shortened setlist, but still in awe of the overall show. Kinski seemed well enough received. Tool took the stage a bit earlier than I expected based on the 9pm to 11pm schedule they seemed to have been keeping. Maynard was more talkative it seemed, and really seemed more into it.

Fight occurred 5 rows behind me. Girl and guy on two other guys. Painful irony as they were led away in handcuffs the lights went down. Girl behind us, couldn't have been over 17 passed out three songs in. During the intermission, a very large, very intoxicated girl (who my wife and I wagered wouldn't make it down the stairs without falling) did just that, and managed to land at the feet of an OKC police officer, who promptly led her away for PI.

It had been 10 long years since I had seen Tool live.. Still the greatest concert experience I have ever been a part of.

Jambi was a decent opener, with the highlights for me being Rosetta Stoned, Wings/10,000 Days, and Lateralus.. that and exposing my wife to Tool live..

Quck note about the fight... two guys were arguing, girl was trying to get over her boy's back to get involved.. Guys come to blows, girl jumps in as well. From the get-go didn't see anyone hit the girl until she totally lit into the one guy. Would not wanted to have tangled with her, she would have kicked this old man's ass..

Todd

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 08:14 AM..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Just got back to my brother's house in Norman..

Saddened by the shortened setlist, but still in awe of the overall show. Kinski seemed well enough received. Tool took the stage a bit earlier than I expected based on the 9pm to 11pm schedule they seemed to have been keeping. Maynard was more talkative it seemed, and really seemed more into it.

Fight occurred 5 rows behind me. Girl and guy on two other guys. Painful irony as they were led away in handcuffs the lights went down. Girl behind us, couldn't have been over 17 passed out three songs in. During the intermission, a very large, very intoxicated girl (who my wife and I wagered wouldn't make it down the stairs without falling) did just that, and managed to land at the feet of an OKC police officer, who promptly led her away for PI.

It had been 10 long years since I had seen Tool live.. Still the greatest concert experience I have ever been a part of.

Jambi was a decent opener, with the highlights for me being Rosetta Stoned, Wings/10,000 Days, and Lateralus.. that and exposing my wife to Tool live..

Quck note about the fight... two guys were arguing, girl was trying to get over her boy's back to get involved.. Guys come to blows, girl jumps in as well. From the get-go didn't see anyone hit the girl until she totally lit into the one guy. Would not wanted to have tangled with her, she would have kicked this old man's ass..

Todd

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 08:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
lululeird
05-19-2007, 09:03 PM

Here is what I think about the Kansas Comment..... This crowd was awesome fight, no Fight the crowd was into the show.... Danny is from Kansas (dur you fucking guys) I think that we gave it up to Danny and the rest of the band better than Kansas did (and that is his fucking home town) People should not have booed, they should've cheered louder.

Anyway, it was a great show... Danny amazed me... yes I agree not all the songs I wanted to hear, but oh well... Cant wait til the next one

Tool
What else can I say!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Here is what I think about the Kansas Comment..... This crowd was awesome fight, no Fight the crowd was into the show.... Danny is from Kansas (dur you fucking guys) I think that we gave it up to Danny and the rest of the band better than Kansas did (and that is his fucking home town) People should not have booed, they should've cheered louder.

Anyway, it was a great show... Danny amazed me... yes I agree not all the songs I wanted to hear, but oh well... Cant wait til the next one

Tool
What else can I say!
OFFLINE |  
old f ing rocker
05-19-2007, 10:12 PM

the okc gig in a nut shell it was not great but my two teens who i took with said it was great so that is all that matters..... tool is still the best show band of the time and i will buy ticks the next time and the next so we all just move on and hope for a better one next time i think my kids got high off all you pot heads but what the hell its all good lmao........
Old 05-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

the okc gig in a nut shell it was not great but my two teens who i took with said it was great so that is all that matters..... tool is still the best show band of the time and i will buy ticks the next time and the next so we all just move on and hope for a better one next time i think my kids got high off all you pot heads but what the hell its all good lmao........
OFFLINE |  
slevyg
05-19-2007, 10:30 PM

Great Fucking Show. Great Performance. Great Visuals. Quit your bitching! You should have enough faith in the greatest rock band of our time to believe they have extremely valid reasons for ending shows early (i.e. Danny's bicep -I'm sure pounding the shit out of it every night takes its toll, or something else beyond your grasp) Enjoy the moment or just go get drunk in a bar.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Great Fucking Show. Great Performance. Great Visuals. Quit your bitching! You should have enough faith in the greatest rock band of our time to believe they have extremely valid reasons for ending shows early (i.e. Danny's bicep -I'm sure pounding the shit out of it every night takes its toll, or something else beyond your grasp) Enjoy the moment or just go get drunk in a bar.
OFFLINE |  
TOOLwrench's Avatar TOOLwrench
05-19-2007, 11:20 PM

I agree about being let down by the short set list,i was thinking to myself during lateralus "only 2 more songs,NO!" Then when they started throwing waterbottles i knew it was over.......i was like "unbelievable" "what the hell". As far as the show i had FLOOR 5th row center seat 1 and 2 so i was on the aisle meaning every time somebody walked by i got bumped and all these douchebags came up to the front during the first couple songs crowding the aisles,luckily security told them to bounce. Security did well except for the shit about no cell phone video,but i got some of 46 and 2, and got plenty in wichita. I got a lot better vibe in wichita with GA. This was my 5th TOOL show and sadly the worst of the five. Not their performance just little things adding up,i can remember back in 98 on the Aenema tour they played like 15 songs and tickets were 20 bucks. Hopefully someday TOOL will go back to their old school material in the setlist. I realize this is the 10k days tour but Parabola,undertow,the patient,jimmy,pushit would have been nice...........was good to see them again
Old 05-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

I agree about being let down by the short set list,i was thinking to myself during lateralus "only 2 more songs,NO!" Then when they started throwing waterbottles i knew it was over.......i was like "unbelievable" "what the hell". As far as the show i had FLOOR 5th row center seat 1 and 2 so i was on the aisle meaning every time somebody walked by i got bumped and all these douchebags came up to the front during the first couple songs crowding the aisles,luckily security told them to bounce. Security did well except for the shit about no cell phone video,but i got some of 46 and 2, and got plenty in wichita. I got a lot better vibe in wichita with GA. This was my 5th TOOL show and sadly the worst of the five. Not their performance just little things adding up,i can remember back in 98 on the Aenema tour they played like 15 songs and tickets were 20 bucks. Hopefully someday TOOL will go back to their old school material in the setlist. I realize this is the 10k days tour but Parabola,undertow,the patient,jimmy,pushit would have been nice...........was good to see them again
OFFLINE |  
lateralus923
05-19-2007, 11:36 PM

Overall, this show totally beat the show that I saw in Kansas City in September last year. The visuals were amazing, i couldn't have asked for more. My favorite effect was during wings/10k days, when the lasers were flat and they were had smoke coming off the stage, it made it look like there were clouds in the arena. Highlight of the night, in my opinion: RIGHT IN TWO!!!!!!!!! I probably would have said Lateralus, but I have seen that live before, so Right in two had more of an effect on me. Maynard seemed to be quite lively at the show, he was dancing around all show (especially during Jambi). My only complaint would be that we didn't get to hear Vicarious and Aenema. Did someone throw something on the stage or something? Either way, great show, great visuals and an overall awesome sound.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Overall, this show totally beat the show that I saw in Kansas City in September last year. The visuals were amazing, i couldn't have asked for more. My favorite effect was during wings/10k days, when the lasers were flat and they were had smoke coming off the stage, it made it look like there were clouds in the arena. Highlight of the night, in my opinion: RIGHT IN TWO!!!!!!!!! I probably would have said Lateralus, but I have seen that live before, so Right in two had more of an effect on me. Maynard seemed to be quite lively at the show, he was dancing around all show (especially during Jambi). My only complaint would be that we didn't get to hear Vicarious and Aenema. Did someone throw something on the stage or something? Either way, great show, great visuals and an overall awesome sound.
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
05-19-2007, 11:50 PM

So I really wanted Pushit. Like, that was the only reason I wanted to go to OKC was the possibility of seeing Pushit, since they played it a few weeks ago, and were alternating. I was excited because my top 5 TOOL songs are Pushit, Lateralus, Stinkfist, The Patient, and Jambi, and I'd see 4/5 live (I saw the Patient on the Lateralus tour 2002).

So I was disappointed. But not as much as you may think I would have been.

Yes, it was a shorter set list. I was surprised when the lights came on.

However, I have not seen a shot this tight, and so cohesive in my life. It was the best Tool concert I've been to, (I've been to 4), and the Ford Center was great. I actually HEARD Maynard during Rosetta Stoned. I was excited for Wings this time too, and was not let down. Lateralus, unbelievable, as well as Jambi - incredible, plus the extended Stinkfist? Amazing show. Incredible visuals and the sound was perfect. And, when Maynard is into it, he sucks you in. Wichita, he was bored. The crowd was excellent for OKC too.

the negatives: No Pushit, short set list (not too bothered by this) and the biggest problem.....OKC people (chicks mostly) are ugly. No offense, (I didn't pay too much attention to the dudes) but the girls are hideous. I think I saw maybe 3 decentl ooking women tonight. what the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you mate within your own families? Anyways, not part of the concert but still. And if your girlfriend doesn't like TOOL...don't bring her. Some moron with his 16 y/o wife was standing next to me cuddling and she kept complaining about wanting to go home. Shut up bitch!

Positives: Awesome show. Easy access to OKC. IHOP. Visuals, sound, etc.

Random observations...

- Schism needs to go. He impressed me with a random scream in there, but this song is on its last leg. Its a downer. Both my friend and I saw the visual pop up of the ticker and it was like "oh great, here's Schism again." Its just not doing it. The Patient would have been so much better.

- I'm sure that once this 10,000 Days tour is done, we'll never hear Rosetta Stoned again. It just doesn't work. The 10 minute Lost Keys intro was annoying. People wonder why the set was so short, they played for the same amount of time in Wichita, but there was a super long LK intro which was dumb. I got bored with it fast. At least I could hear him this time, and it wasn't nearly as boring as Wichita. But I think we'll see this one fade out soon. Its definitely my least favorite track on 10,000 Days.

- Right in Two = money. This song gets better every time I hear it. Its moved up on my list of songs. I wish they'd do Intension, but Right in Two is amazing either way. I have grown to really appreciate this song after seeing it live twice. Just simply amazing. Maynard's vocals were perfect for it too, and Danny's drumming was insane.

- Wings for Marie/10,000 Days: the reason I went. I wasn't sure after KC back in September, if I'd ever want to see this again. I felt odd hearing it, but then in Wichita I got through the fact that if Maynard was going to have problems singing it, he wouldn't have put it on the record. I think of Jon Davis of Korn singning "Daddy" on their first album and how he cries like a bitch at the end. So they never play that live pretty much, b/c it hits a personal chord with him. GAY. Maynard sings about it b/c he wants to. And it comes out beautifuly. The best song of the night by far was the Wings duo.

- Stinkfist will never get old.

- Forty-Six & Two will.

- Lateralus won't.

- Jambi is the best song from 10,000 Days.

- OKC women are still nasty as fuck.

Overall concert experience: A

as opposed to Wichita: B-
Old 05-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

So I really wanted Pushit. Like, that was the only reason I wanted to go to OKC was the possibility of seeing Pushit, since they played it a few weeks ago, and were alternating. I was excited because my top 5 TOOL songs are Pushit, Lateralus, Stinkfist, The Patient, and Jambi, and I'd see 4/5 live (I saw the Patient on the Lateralus tour 2002).

So I was disappointed. But not as much as you may think I would have been.

Yes, it was a shorter set list. I was surprised when the lights came on.

However, I have not seen a shot this tight, and so cohesive in my life. It was the best Tool concert I've been to, (I've been to 4), and the Ford Center was great. I actually HEARD Maynard during Rosetta Stoned. I was excited for Wings this time too, and was not let down. Lateralus, unbelievable, as well as Jambi - incredible, plus the extended Stinkfist? Amazing show. Incredible visuals and the sound was perfect. And, when Maynard is into it, he sucks you in. Wichita, he was bored. The crowd was excellent for OKC too.

the negatives: No Pushit, short set list (not too bothered by this) and the biggest problem.....OKC people (chicks mostly) are ugly. No offense, (I didn't pay too much attention to the dudes) but the girls are hideous. I think I saw maybe 3 decentl ooking women tonight. what the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you mate within your own families? Anyways, not part of the concert but still. And if your girlfriend doesn't like TOOL...don't bring her. Some moron with his 16 y/o wife was standing next to me cuddling and she kept complaining about wanting to go home. Shut up bitch!

Positives: Awesome show. Easy access to OKC. IHOP. Visuals, sound, etc.

Random observations...

- Schism needs to go. He impressed me with a random scream in there, but this song is on its last leg. Its a downer. Both my friend and I saw the visual pop up of the ticker and it was like "oh great, here's Schism again." Its just not doing it. The Patient would have been so much better.

- I'm sure that once this 10,000 Days tour is done, we'll never hear Rosetta Stoned again. It just doesn't work. The 10 minute Lost Keys intro was annoying. People wonder why the set was so short, they played for the same amount of time in Wichita, but there was a super long LK intro which was dumb. I got bored with it fast. At least I could hear him this time, and it wasn't nearly as boring as Wichita. But I think we'll see this one fade out soon. Its definitely my least favorite track on 10,000 Days.

- Right in Two = money. This song gets better every time I hear it. Its moved up on my list of songs. I wish they'd do Intension, but Right in Two is amazing either way. I have grown to really appreciate this song after seeing it live twice. Just simply amazing. Maynard's vocals were perfect for it too, and Danny's drumming was insane.

- Wings for Marie/10,000 Days: the reason I went. I wasn't sure after KC back in September, if I'd ever want to see this again. I felt odd hearing it, but then in Wichita I got through the fact that if Maynard was going to have problems singing it, he wouldn't have put it on the record. I think of Jon Davis of Korn singning "Daddy" on their first album and how he cries like a bitch at the end. So they never play that live pretty much, b/c it hits a personal chord with him. GAY. Maynard sings about it b/c he wants to. And it comes out beautifuly. The best song of the night by far was the Wings duo.

- Stinkfist will never get old.

- Forty-Six & Two will.

- Lateralus won't.

- Jambi is the best song from 10,000 Days.

- OKC women are still nasty as fuck.

Overall concert experience: A

as opposed to Wichita: B-
05-19-2007, 11:55 PM

This was my second tool show, and loads better than the first (but my 1st was the last one in houston were maynard sang half the songs), so at least he sang all the songs this time. Did anyone else notice the funny dance maynard did during stinkfist? He was standing on one leg kicking the other out to the beat.I love the ambient shit they play in between, that first thing adam was doing on the keyboard was wicked in my opinion. Jambi gave me the chills.The sound was good, but every once in a while it was hard for me to hear justin. The extended lost keys was awesome, especially when justin started doing his tremlo really fast which I had never heard like that before. And I don't know what that other person was talking about the crowd not cheering on the fight, because they definately were. I think that could have had a little do do about no encore, but hey can't complain about 2 hours of tool. The show was definately not sub par. I did feel like the crowd wasn't totally into rosetta, but I was. The lasers were excellent. Only better ones I have seen have been at raves, but I think back then regulations were a lot less strict. The sea of lighters was awesome, and I was recording all kinds of stuff on my cell phone, even with security looking. Well, time to get ready for corpus christi, hopefully I'll hear aenema. Did anyone see the young girl wearing a shirt that had "Fuck You Mr. Gasman"? It made me laugh. And for the dude who thinks okc women are ugly, you should have waslked around bricktown after the show...tons of hot college chicks everywhere. And who goes to a tool show to scope out chicks anyways.

Last edited by mr. eff; 05-20-2007 at 12:04 AM..
Old 05-19-2007, 11:55 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

This was my second tool show, and loads better than the first (but my 1st was the last one in houston were maynard sang half the songs), so at least he sang all the songs this time. Did anyone else notice the funny dance maynard did during stinkfist? He was standing on one leg kicking the other out to the beat.I love the ambient shit they play in between, that first thing adam was doing on the keyboard was wicked in my opinion. Jambi gave me the chills.The sound was good, but every once in a while it was hard for me to hear justin. The extended lost keys was awesome, especially when justin started doing his tremlo really fast which I had never heard like that before. And I don't know what that other person was talking about the crowd not cheering on the fight, because they definately were. I think that could have had a little do do about no encore, but hey can't complain about 2 hours of tool. The show was definately not sub par. I did feel like the crowd wasn't totally into rosetta, but I was. The lasers were excellent. Only better ones I have seen have been at raves, but I think back then regulations were a lot less strict. The sea of lighters was awesome, and I was recording all kinds of stuff on my cell phone, even with security looking. Well, time to get ready for corpus christi, hopefully I'll hear aenema. Did anyone see the young girl wearing a shirt that had "Fuck You Mr. Gasman"? It made me laugh. And for the dude who thinks okc women are ugly, you should have waslked around bricktown after the show...tons of hot college chicks everywhere. And who goes to a tool show to scope out chicks anyways.

Last edited by mr. eff; 05-20-2007 at 12:04 AM..
OFFLINE |  
technogypsy
05-20-2007, 12:02 AM

I went in October in Dallas. It ruled. This show was wonderful for the first 4 songs, and of course Wings/10,000 Days is why I came... but WTF? They ended 2 songs early. Someone suggested that it was due to some "noise curfew" in Oklahoma, but, that's retarded. I mean, it was rescheduled... that we can deal with, we're understanding, but c'mon... we had more ambient noise time that almost nobody gives a damn about causing the last two songs to be cut. Fuckin' crazy.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

I went in October in Dallas. It ruled. This show was wonderful for the first 4 songs, and of course Wings/10,000 Days is why I came... but WTF? They ended 2 songs early. Someone suggested that it was due to some "noise curfew" in Oklahoma, but, that's retarded. I mean, it was rescheduled... that we can deal with, we're understanding, but c'mon... we had more ambient noise time that almost nobody gives a damn about causing the last two songs to be cut. Fuckin' crazy.
OFFLINE |  
angry load
05-20-2007, 12:09 AM

dont know. this tour is turning into a train wreck. i understand the 10K setlist. I'm down with it (kind of), but the band is fucked up (basically mjk). Lack of passion? too many tour dates? Feels like he is going thru the motions? Lets admit it, his voice is shot. Torched. Long gone are the screams that made us love tool. Even mushrooms and crazy light shows can't dupe me ( but they get me by). I had a great time, but seriously we all laid 55$ plus??????? I know they throw their hearts and balls on the table, but at I still feel a little cheated... My quick fix- play the set-list, mix in a song from undertow/opiate/pushit(por favor) and the crowd feels pleased. It aint pulling teeth and not fucking up your agenda (its 1/2 song(s)). It's ruff, i love the band so much, but they are leaving so much on the table.... i'm not a critical human, but maynard please finish vicarious in the future- don't toss the best part of the song to the crowd?!? we paid to hear you sing and the band to blow our minds out.
sorry paraflux. refering to the alburquerque show. no vicarious? what? here in the NOOk? at least you all saved the hornets for a season or 2.

Last edited by angry load; 05-20-2007 at 12:35 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #17
On Probation

dont know. this tour is turning into a train wreck. i understand the 10K setlist. I'm down with it (kind of), but the band is fucked up (basically mjk). Lack of passion? too many tour dates? Feels like he is going thru the motions? Lets admit it, his voice is shot. Torched. Long gone are the screams that made us love tool. Even mushrooms and crazy light shows can't dupe me ( but they get me by). I had a great time, but seriously we all laid 55$ plus??????? I know they throw their hearts and balls on the table, but at I still feel a little cheated... My quick fix- play the set-list, mix in a song from undertow/opiate/pushit(por favor) and the crowd feels pleased. It aint pulling teeth and not fucking up your agenda (its 1/2 song(s)). It's ruff, i love the band so much, but they are leaving so much on the table.... i'm not a critical human, but maynard please finish vicarious in the future- don't toss the best part of the song to the crowd?!? we paid to hear you sing and the band to blow our minds out.
sorry paraflux. refering to the alburquerque show. no vicarious? what? here in the NOOk? at least you all saved the hornets for a season or 2.

Last edited by angry load; 05-20-2007 at 12:35 AM..
OFFLINE |  
imitatio's Avatar imitatio
05-20-2007, 12:43 AM

I thought the show was incredible, and the band and the crowd was ten times better than ft worth and bossier city, both of which I was at.

Give me OKC minus 2 songs vs a complete Ft Worth set any day of the week. It was obvious to me that the band, and maynard especially, fed off the insane audience and belted it out in an almost lateralus tour fashion. He screamed more in the first 2 songs of OKC than he did in FT worth and bossier city combined. I think it was very obvious that the college town crowd along with the fans from surrounding cities, such as DFW, who would only drive long distances to a tool show really weeded out the pompous sit-on-their-hands crowd I witnessed at ft worth and bossier city. And the fight didnt hurt things either, other than the people who got in the fight haha.

I'd much rather hear unique and not often heard versions of 3 different songs (stinkfist, the tabla work on right in two, and lateralus) than 2 songs (vicarious and aenima) that are almost always played in a manner very similar to the recorded version....not to mention I've heard them both live about 6 and ten times now, respectively

I'm sure it's been stated already, but the extra drum work on right in two and lateralus especially is worth the price of admission. Simply stunning.

San an here I come, and then back to reality. 4 shows in 6 days in about all I can soak in.

and to those complaining about the "ambient noise"....have you listened to a tool record since undertow? they obviously deem their "ambient noise" artistic enough to make it on their records. If you were not expecting this, then you were not being very sensible in your expectations in my opinion. Just as their is an ebb and flow with their albumns, I believe they desire to take the audience on that same journey in their live performances.

B

- C. Sagan

Last edited by imitatio; 05-20-2007 at 12:55 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 AM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

I thought the show was incredible, and the band and the crowd was ten times better than ft worth and bossier city, both of which I was at.

Give me OKC minus 2 songs vs a complete Ft Worth set any day of the week. It was obvious to me that the band, and maynard especially, fed off the insane audience and belted it out in an almost lateralus tour fashion. He screamed more in the first 2 songs of OKC than he did in FT worth and bossier city combined. I think it was very obvious that the college town crowd along with the fans from surrounding cities, such as DFW, who would only drive long distances to a tool show really weeded out the pompous sit-on-their-hands crowd I witnessed at ft worth and bossier city. And the fight didnt hurt things either, other than the people who got in the fight haha.

I'd much rather hear unique and not often heard versions of 3 different songs (stinkfist, the tabla work on right in two, and lateralus) than 2 songs (vicarious and aenima) that are almost always played in a manner very similar to the recorded version....not to mention I've heard them both live about 6 and ten times now, respectively

I'm sure it's been stated already, but the extra drum work on right in two and lateralus especially is worth the price of admission. Simply stunning.

San an here I come, and then back to reality. 4 shows in 6 days in about all I can soak in.

and to those complaining about the "ambient noise"....have you listened to a tool record since undertow? they obviously deem their "ambient noise" artistic enough to make it on their records. If you were not expecting this, then you were not being very sensible in your expectations in my opinion. Just as their is an ebb and flow with their albumns, I believe they desire to take the audience on that same journey in their live performances.

B

- C. Sagan

Last edited by imitatio; 05-20-2007 at 12:55 AM..
OFFLINE |  
petgod
05-20-2007, 01:56 AM

i can only say one thing...this concert was a travesty... i had hi hopes and a hi opinion of tool coming in to this and was let down hard. it started off great but ended in disaster i mean come on there was about 2 hours of music and half of it was just ambiatic random noise that got us nowhere and i know tool loves that from listening to track 69 on undertow all the way through but still come on. the light show was pretty amazing but thats all the compliments i can give. the set list was too short with a lot of their good stuff not being played. all the random noise and stuff got annoying very quickly and they ended their set way way too early and maynard just ran off the stage like a little bitch. i laid down a bunch of money for this ticket and was let down a lot. tool has fallen on my list of bands and thats really hard to do. i would recommend to anyone to not see tool. and what was that thing about kansas or okc does anyone know? blast me for this if you must but now to me tool sucks and i will never see them again

and the thing with okc is that all concerts have to end around 11 so that would have nothing to do with the short set they are just not in it anymore or something

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 08:15 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

i can only say one thing...this concert was a travesty... i had hi hopes and a hi opinion of tool coming in to this and was let down hard. it started off great but ended in disaster i mean come on there was about 2 hours of music and half of it was just ambiatic random noise that got us nowhere and i know tool loves that from listening to track 69 on undertow all the way through but still come on. the light show was pretty amazing but thats all the compliments i can give. the set list was too short with a lot of their good stuff not being played. all the random noise and stuff got annoying very quickly and they ended their set way way too early and maynard just ran off the stage like a little bitch. i laid down a bunch of money for this ticket and was let down a lot. tool has fallen on my list of bands and thats really hard to do. i would recommend to anyone to not see tool. and what was that thing about kansas or okc does anyone know? blast me for this if you must but now to me tool sucks and i will never see them again

and the thing with okc is that all concerts have to end around 11 so that would have nothing to do with the short set they are just not in it anymore or something

Last edited by paraflux; 05-20-2007 at 08:15 AM..
OFFLINE |  
kcleveland
05-20-2007, 05:56 AM

The completely differing opinions of the show from the above posts are interesting. The crowd was great, loud, appreciative, nothing stupid like junk thrown on stage. The band was AWESOME!! Maynard's vocals were outstanding - I could hear him better than the previous shouws I've been at...Ft. Worth, Dallas, SMU, then in 2002....

RIght In Two was so great, Rosetta, Wings, 10k, all perfect. The beginning Jambi, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Schism all were so cool - the band of course was tight and clear and Maynard seemed to be totally into it even with some primal screams. I was thinking "this is the best TOOL show I've seen"......then it ended!?!?

Obvisoulsy they have determined that they will be on stage for two hours. The exact same two hour time frame in Fort Worth and everywhere else got 10 minutes of Vicarious and complete Aenema.... The between songs ambience noise and intros and for some reason a brutally long Lost Keys are actually pretty cool but by no means should that replace VICARIOUS and Aenema!!!!!!!!!

I love this band and their music and very glad to have seen them 4 times this year but my wife, son, and I spent over $300 bucks last night in tickets, gasoline, food, took off work early, etc and that is kind of bullshit to get 9 freaking songs. See I don't do drugs, I'm not high or drunk so the trippy intros are a complete waste of valuable time cutting into the two hour concert.

COme on guys, you are the best rock musicians on the planet! Your music, sound and production are incredible and you deserve many thanks. PLAY!!! To think that we are watching Adam and Justin bent down on the stage messing with sounds, boards, pedals, etc, Maynard standing behind a keyboard, and Danny sitting there instead of experiencing TOOL MUSIC like Pushit, Grudge, The Pot, Vicarious, Aenema, or whatever is very very sad!

Maynard do you still promote "thinking for yourself, question authority?" Well in the music/entertainment world TOOL is my authority and I have a question....."WHY WON'T YOU P-L-A-Y TOOL MUSIC?" The actual songs from last night were so great! Great chance for a lifetime experience dashed by time wasting and filler moments. I respect you guys so much and that is quite honestly a bit disrespectful back to the hardworking people who attend.

Come back through and let's try again! :-)
Old 05-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

The completely differing opinions of the show from the above posts are interesting. The crowd was great, loud, appreciative, nothing stupid like junk thrown on stage. The band was AWESOME!! Maynard's vocals were outstanding - I could hear him better than the previous shouws I've been at...Ft. Worth, Dallas, SMU, then in 2002....

RIght In Two was so great, Rosetta, Wings, 10k, all perfect. The beginning Jambi, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Schism all were so cool - the band of course was tight and clear and Maynard seemed to be totally into it even with some primal screams. I was thinking "this is the best TOOL show I've seen"......then it ended!?!?

Obvisoulsy they have determined that they will be on stage for two hours. The exact same two hour time frame in Fort Worth and everywhere else got 10 minutes of Vicarious and complete Aenema.... The between songs ambience noise and intros and for some reason a brutally long Lost Keys are actually pretty cool but by no means should that replace VICARIOUS and Aenema!!!!!!!!!

I love this band and their music and very glad to have seen them 4 times this year but my wife, son, and I spent over $300 bucks last night in tickets, gasoline, food, took off work early, etc and that is kind of bullshit to get 9 freaking songs. See I don't do drugs, I'm not high or drunk so the trippy intros are a complete waste of valuable time cutting into the two hour concert.

COme on guys, you are the best rock musicians on the planet! Your music, sound and production are incredible and you deserve many thanks. PLAY!!! To think that we are watching Adam and Justin bent down on the stage messing with sounds, boards, pedals, etc, Maynard standing behind a keyboard, and Danny sitting there instead of experiencing TOOL MUSIC like Pushit, Grudge, The Pot, Vicarious, Aenema, or whatever is very very sad!

Maynard do you still promote "thinking for yourself, question authority?" Well in the music/entertainment world TOOL is my authority and I have a question....."WHY WON'T YOU P-L-A-Y TOOL MUSIC?" The actual songs from last night were so great! Great chance for a lifetime experience dashed by time wasting and filler moments. I respect you guys so much and that is quite honestly a bit disrespectful back to the hardworking people who attend.

Come back through and let's try again! :-)
OFFLINE |  
zach0124
05-20-2007, 06:24 AM

3rd show in 8 days
i live in topeka
also went to wichita and council bluffs shows
despite getting "shorted" there were certain extra tidbits to set this
apart from the other shows.

at the wichita show, we got the whole setlist but maynard really didn't seem
that into it. i'm from kansas and was kinda disappointed with my fellow
kansas residents as really the crowd looked fucking bored out of their mind
so i can't really blame him too much. but on the other hand full set list.

at the council bluffs show we got shorted aenema but it was, imo, a better venue,
maynard was alot more energetic and into it, as was the crowd. best little tidbit
during that show was the lovingly placed "happy mother's day" in between wings 1 & 2.
really touching and powerful moment imo.

and then last night
i knew instantly when it came to that point of stinkfist that we were getting the extended
version and i was so psyched to see it for the first time this tour.
plus the uber extended lost keys was a hypnotic treat.
and maynard was on last night. so was everyone else to.

i had floor tix for all 3 shows and i did like the seating of last night but it did restrict
how much you were able to move around. luckily a couple people right next to me
left after schism and i had more room to move around. i was about 8 rows from the stage
standing right in front of adam so it was a treat not having to muscle for that good
of a position.

and the fight was pretty wild as far as i could tell. good to see the guy get taken out.
it was great because pretty much the second i turned around to face the stage after
the guy was being led out, the lights went down and it started. maynard came out
and said something to the effect of "good evening, you drunken assholes". funny stuff.

and personally i wouldn't go to the show expecting pushit just because because they
played it at 2 out of the 15 shows so far. everybody probably knows the standard
set list at this point so if there is something different(ie. extended stinkfist) it'll be
an added bonus. not that i wouldn't love to hear pushit or 3rd eye or parabola but
i don't go to the show expecting them to pull out a massive surprise.
but here's hoping for pushit in st. louis on june 22nd :)
Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

3rd show in 8 days
i live in topeka
also went to wichita and council bluffs shows
despite getting "shorted" there were certain extra tidbits to set this
apart from the other shows.

at the wichita show, we got the whole setlist but maynard really didn't seem
that into it. i'm from kansas and was kinda disappointed with my fellow
kansas residents as really the crowd looked fucking bored out of their mind
so i can't really blame him too much. but on the other hand full set list.

at the council bluffs show we got shorted aenema but it was, imo, a better venue,
maynard was alot more energetic and into it, as was the crowd. best little tidbit
during that show was the lovingly placed "happy mother's day" in between wings 1 & 2.
really touching and powerful moment imo.

and then last night
i knew instantly when it came to that point of stinkfist that we were getting the extended
version and i was so psyched to see it for the first time this tour.
plus the uber extended lost keys was a hypnotic treat.
and maynard was on last night. so was everyone else to.

i had floor tix for all 3 shows and i did like the seating of last night but it did restrict
how much you were able to move around. luckily a couple people right next to me
left after schism and i had more room to move around. i was about 8 rows from the stage
standing right in front of adam so it was a treat not having to muscle for that good
of a position.

and the fight was pretty wild as far as i could tell. good to see the guy get taken out.
it was great because pretty much the second i turned around to face the stage after
the guy was being led out, the lights went down and it started. maynard came out
and said something to the effect of "good evening, you drunken assholes". funny stuff.

and personally i wouldn't go to the show expecting pushit just because because they
played it at 2 out of the 15 shows so far. everybody probably knows the standard
set list at this point so if there is something different(ie. extended stinkfist) it'll be
an added bonus. not that i wouldn't love to hear pushit or 3rd eye or parabola but
i don't go to the show expecting them to pull out a massive surprise.
but here's hoping for pushit in st. louis on june 22nd :)
OFFLINE |  
rrcell's Avatar rrcell
05-20-2007, 06:31 AM

SAW THEM LAST FRIDAY IN WICHITA KANSAS, THAT CROWD SUCKED TOTAL ASS. THATS GOT TO BE WHAT HE WAS REFERRING TO AND I AM SURE HE WAS BEING A SMARTASS WHEN HE COMPERED THE TWO. IN WICHITA HE SAID ONE WORD.. "FANTASTIC" I KNEW THEN HE WAS BEING A SMARTASS.

HERE IN OKC WAS ALMOST WHAT SEEMED TO BE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHOW. IN KANSAS WE COULDNT HEAR MAYNARD. HERE WE COULD. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING UNTIL......

THE END OF LATERALUS

DANNY DID A HUGE ASS DRUM SOLO. SO INTENSE IT IMPRESSED MAYNARD. HE WALKED RIGHT NEXT TO DANNY AND GAVE HIM AN IMPRESSED APPLAUSE. THATS WHEN ALL THE BAND MEMBERS LOOKED AT DANNY..... A BIG PAUSE.... THEN DANNY THREW HIS STICKS IN THE CROWD TO BE WHAT I AM SURE WAS THE SIGN TO STOP THE SHOW.

DUDE I HAVE SEEN THESE GUYS 4 TIMES IN THE LAST YEAR. THIS WAS THE BEST ONE YET. I KNOW WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF MY HEART THAT DANNY JUST COULDNT GO ON ANYMORE.

WAS I DISAPPOINTED? YEAH A BIT.

BUT THEN YOU KNOW....

THIS GUY TORE HIS ARMA AND HAS BEEN PLAYING RELENTLESSLY ON THIS TOUR.

MY WIFE WAS NOT TOO HAPPY EITHER. WE JUST FELT SHORTED A BIT.

WE HAD ONE OF THE BEST VIEWS IN THE HOUSE I THINK.
SEC 106 ROW C

ONE MORE THING.

TO THE PROMOTOR.
I HOPE YOU DIE IN HELL YOU FUCK STICK

WE BOUGHT OUR TICKETS THE DAY THEY WENT ON SALE.

TICKETMASTER ONLY RELEASED SEATS FOR HALF THE HOUSE.

THE TRUE FANS THAT BOUGHT TICKETS WHEN THEY WERE RELEASED GOT FUCKED.
THEN AS TIME PASSED THEY OPENED THW WHOLE ARENA MAKING THE FIRST TICKET BUYERS BUYING THE OWRST SEATS.

SO MY WIFE AND I RESPRTED TO EBAY.

I PAID $200 PLUS FOR MY SEATS.

TO MAKE IT ALL EVEN WORSE..

THE BASTARD NEXT TO ME BIUGHT HIS 2 DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW AT FACE VALUE FROM THE TICKET OFFICE.

WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT WAY TO HANDLE TICKET SALES.

UN
FUCKING
BELIEVEABLE

TOOL WAS ON THOUGH

AND THAT MADE IT ALL WORTH IT

"WHATS UP DRUNK ASSHOLES" HE SAID TO START THINGS

THEN....

"IS EVERYBODY HAVING A GOOD TIME?"
Old 05-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

SAW THEM LAST FRIDAY IN WICHITA KANSAS, THAT CROWD SUCKED TOTAL ASS. THATS GOT TO BE WHAT HE WAS REFERRING TO AND I AM SURE HE WAS BEING A SMARTASS WHEN HE COMPERED THE TWO. IN WICHITA HE SAID ONE WORD.. "FANTASTIC" I KNEW THEN HE WAS BEING A SMARTASS.

HERE IN OKC WAS ALMOST WHAT SEEMED TO BE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHOW. IN KANSAS WE COULDNT HEAR MAYNARD. HERE WE COULD. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING UNTIL......

THE END OF LATERALUS

DANNY DID A HUGE ASS DRUM SOLO. SO INTENSE IT IMPRESSED MAYNARD. HE WALKED RIGHT NEXT TO DANNY AND GAVE HIM AN IMPRESSED APPLAUSE. THATS WHEN ALL THE BAND MEMBERS LOOKED AT DANNY..... A BIG PAUSE.... THEN DANNY THREW HIS STICKS IN THE CROWD TO BE WHAT I AM SURE WAS THE SIGN TO STOP THE SHOW.

DUDE I HAVE SEEN THESE GUYS 4 TIMES IN THE LAST YEAR. THIS WAS THE BEST ONE YET. I KNOW WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF MY HEART THAT DANNY JUST COULDNT GO ON ANYMORE.

WAS I DISAPPOINTED? YEAH A BIT.

BUT THEN YOU KNOW....

THIS GUY TORE HIS ARMA AND HAS BEEN PLAYING RELENTLESSLY ON THIS TOUR.

MY WIFE WAS NOT TOO HAPPY EITHER. WE JUST FELT SHORTED A BIT.

WE HAD ONE OF THE BEST VIEWS IN THE HOUSE I THINK.
SEC 106 ROW C

ONE MORE THING.

TO THE PROMOTOR.
I HOPE YOU DIE IN HELL YOU FUCK STICK

WE BOUGHT OUR TICKETS THE DAY THEY WENT ON SALE.

TICKETMASTER ONLY RELEASED SEATS FOR HALF THE HOUSE.

THE TRUE FANS THAT BOUGHT TICKETS WHEN THEY WERE RELEASED GOT FUCKED.
THEN AS TIME PASSED THEY OPENED THW WHOLE ARENA MAKING THE FIRST TICKET BUYERS BUYING THE OWRST SEATS.

SO MY WIFE AND I RESPRTED TO EBAY.

I PAID $200 PLUS FOR MY SEATS.

TO MAKE IT ALL EVEN WORSE..

THE BASTARD NEXT TO ME BIUGHT HIS 2 DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW AT FACE VALUE FROM THE TICKET OFFICE.

WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT WAY TO HANDLE TICKET SALES.

UN
FUCKING
BELIEVEABLE

TOOL WAS ON THOUGH

AND THAT MADE IT ALL WORTH IT

"WHATS UP DRUNK ASSHOLES" HE SAID TO START THINGS

THEN....

"IS EVERYBODY HAVING A GOOD TIME?"
OFFLINE |  
Destro
05-20-2007, 06:36 AM

Killer show....
The Sound, the lights, the ENERGY.
Who cares what was played, or not played.
TOOL was running thru my vein.
Feeding my heart, teasing my brain.
Matt.....OKC
Old 05-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Killer show....
The Sound, the lights, the ENERGY.
Who cares what was played, or not played.
TOOL was running thru my vein.
Feeding my heart, teasing my brain.
Matt.....OKC
OFFLINE |  
Zchgla
05-20-2007, 07:53 AM

I don't understand why people would complain. This show rocked my balls off. Probably the best I'll ever see.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #24

Bincount™: 2

I don't understand why people would complain. This show rocked my balls off. Probably the best I'll ever see.
OFFLINE |  
skillet
05-20-2007, 07:56 AM

While I can somewhat agree with previous comments about the show not being 'great', I must say that if you thought this one was bad then be glad you did not spend your money on some of the other recent shows. The band is tired, it is starting to show -- I think the day off they had before this show helped them somewhat. This was my 4th time to see Tool for this tour (SMU, Dallas, Ft. Worth and now OKC) and it ranks behind SMU to me in quality.

The energy of the band was there tonight, it was definately not there for the Ft. Worth show. I honestly felt sad for some of the people who wrote reviews on that show talking about how awesome it was, particularly those who said it was their first or second time to see Tool -- I truly wish some of the real fans who did not get to see the Aenima or *especially* the Lateralus tour had been fortunate enough to do so, some nights you would think you could die and go to heaven right then, this tour does not come close, at all.

In Ft. Worth, Maynard hardly spoke, his vocals were off and he wasn't very animated at all, it was very obvious he was going through the motions. In Dallas (not SMU), it was back when he was sick and he gave it a helluva an effort I will admit, but it was lackluster due to his health (and the absolutely horrible acoustics at the American Airlines Center in Dallas; don't waste your time with a concert there unless you have floor seats, dead center and very close to stage or it is like 'jamming' to a small stereo sitting on the otherside of your living room -- but I'm not bitter, damnit! heh).

For OKC, Maynard was joking with the crowd (yes, that was a JOKE about Kansas people, get the stick out of your collective @ss -- and as someone else pointed out, Danny is from Kansas [he was in his normal full Kansas basketball garb in Ft. Worth, he didn't seem to have that on last night, first time in a long time I've seen him not at least wearing the jersey]). Maynard also seemed to be into the music more this time around -- I'm sure it gets old playing the same stuff all the time (*cough*change the setlist*cough*) but still... this is their job, we paid good money, at least do more than make it obvious you're going through the motions.

Maynardisms (this used to be everyone's favorite thing to post in reviews back in the day and sadly seems missing from this tour, more testament to the fact this tour has gotten long in the tooth and the guys need to take an extended break or end it completely):

- Entry: "[Good evening / Hello], drunk assholes."

- The Cowboy Dance never gets old (it makes me laugh everytime), he did it during Jambi and got into it with everyone, the crowd went nuts. I posted on the Ft. Worth review about how I didn't like Jambi as an opener (despite it being my favorite song off of 10k Days); however, last night the guys made me eat my words, they really nailed it and I was immediately into the show.

- After a song or two: "Seriosly though... seriously, how the hell are ya?" *crowd roars* "Sounds more like Kansas to me...." *crowd boo's*

- After Danny's drum solo, Maynard walked to the left front side of Danny's kit, rubbed his hands together a few times and held them out as if he was getting warm off of Danny's fire; it was kind've funny.

- Similar to the last, during Lateralus (where Danny absolutely tore it up near the end), Maynard was 'throwing energy' at him during the solo. Of late this would be when you'd see Maynard standing in the background sipping on water and looking disinterested, so it was fun to see him get into it with everyone else.

Shortened setlist was... surprising. But honestly, after the @sskicking that Lateralus was, I remember thinking, "This would be a perfect place to end this show, on a high note." But then when they did end it, I was wanting to take back that thought, hehe. I personally do not like Vicarious or Aenima; Aenima is especially played out as this was my 9th or 10th Tool show (dating back to Undertow days) and the last *3 tours* they've closed with that d@mn song... come on. So to NOT hear it was actually a plus for me. I just wish they had replaced it with something else (Pushit, Jimmy, anything from The Holy Trinity [or the whole thing], Parabola, etc).

And as far as the comments on the women; if you're going to a show for eye candy, you need to come to Texas where we have the most beautiful women in the world. ;)
Old 05-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

While I can somewhat agree with previous comments about the show not being 'great', I must say that if you thought this one was bad then be glad you did not spend your money on some of the other recent shows. The band is tired, it is starting to show -- I think the day off they had before this show helped them somewhat. This was my 4th time to see Tool for this tour (SMU, Dallas, Ft. Worth and now OKC) and it ranks behind SMU to me in quality.

The energy of the band was there tonight, it was definately not there for the Ft. Worth show. I honestly felt sad for some of the people who wrote reviews on that show talking about how awesome it was, particularly those who said it was their first or second time to see Tool -- I truly wish some of the real fans who did not get to see the Aenima or *especially* the Lateralus tour had been fortunate enough to do so, some nights you would think you could die and go to heaven right then, this tour does not come close, at all.

In Ft. Worth, Maynard hardly spoke, his vocals were off and he wasn't very animated at all, it was very obvious he was going through the motions. In Dallas (not SMU), it was back when he was sick and he gave it a helluva an effort I will admit, but it was lackluster due to his health (and the absolutely horrible acoustics at the American Airlines Center in Dallas; don't waste your time with a concert there unless you have floor seats, dead center and very close to stage or it is like 'jamming' to a small stereo sitting on the otherside of your living room -- but I'm not bitter, damnit! heh).

For OKC, Maynard was joking with the crowd (yes, that was a JOKE about Kansas people, get the stick out of your collective @ss -- and as someone else pointed out, Danny is from Kansas [he was in his normal full Kansas basketball garb in Ft. Worth, he didn't seem to have that on last night, first time in a long time I've seen him not at least wearing the jersey]). Maynard also seemed to be into the music more this time around -- I'm sure it gets old playing the same stuff all the time (*cough*change the setlist*cough*) but still... this is their job, we paid good money, at least do more than make it obvious you're going through the motions.

Maynardisms (this used to be everyone's favorite thing to post in reviews back in the day and sadly seems missing from this tour, more testament to the fact this tour has gotten long in the tooth and the guys need to take an extended break or end it completely):

- Entry: "[Good evening / Hello], drunk assholes."

- The Cowboy Dance never gets old (it makes me laugh everytime), he did it during Jambi and got into it with everyone, the crowd went nuts. I posted on the Ft. Worth review about how I didn't like Jambi as an opener (despite it being my favorite song off of 10k Days); however, last night the guys made me eat my words, they really nailed it and I was immediately into the show.

- After a song or two: "Seriosly though... seriously, how the hell are ya?" *crowd roars* "Sounds more like Kansas to me...." *crowd boo's*

- After Danny's drum solo, Maynard walked to the left front side of Danny's kit, rubbed his hands together a few times and held them out as if he was getting warm off of Danny's fire; it was kind've funny.

- Similar to the last, during Lateralus (where Danny absolutely tore it up near the end), Maynard was 'throwing energy' at him during the solo. Of late this would be when you'd see Maynard standing in the background sipping on water and looking disinterested, so it was fun to see him get into it with everyone else.

Shortened setlist was... surprising. But honestly, after the @sskicking that Lateralus was, I remember thinking, "This would be a perfect place to end this show, on a high note." But then when they did end it, I was wanting to take back that thought, hehe. I personally do not like Vicarious or Aenima; Aenima is especially played out as this was my 9th or 10th Tool show (dating back to Undertow days) and the last *3 tours* they've closed with that d@mn song... come on. So to NOT hear it was actually a plus for me. I just wish they had replaced it with something else (Pushit, Jimmy, anything from The Holy Trinity [or the whole thing], Parabola, etc).

And as far as the comments on the women; if you're going to a show for eye candy, you need to come to Texas where we have the most beautiful women in the world. ;)
OFFLINE |  
Benevolent Son's Avatar Benevolent Son
05-20-2007, 09:02 AM

Show was good. Venue was good. Crowd was excellent! Lasers were disappointing. Crowd was the best. Danny was Danny. Maynard actually screamed twice! Adam was a statue as usual. Justin played bass.
OKC loves TOOL. However, I'd like to thank the out-of-towners for coming... it was you who were the loud ones (spare me). OKC brought the pain and we were the highlight of the show. Respectful, intelligent, non-moshing people who love TOOL and eachother.
Hannibal, you're 23... do you know many good-looking women who love TOOL? Perhaps you should attend a Justin Timberlake show. Dumbass.

www.myspace.com/shapingthemindsofouryouth
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Show was good. Venue was good. Crowd was excellent! Lasers were disappointing. Crowd was the best. Danny was Danny. Maynard actually screamed twice! Adam was a statue as usual. Justin played bass.
OKC loves TOOL. However, I'd like to thank the out-of-towners for coming... it was you who were the loud ones (spare me). OKC brought the pain and we were the highlight of the show. Respectful, intelligent, non-moshing people who love TOOL and eachother.
Hannibal, you're 23... do you know many good-looking women who love TOOL? Perhaps you should attend a Justin Timberlake show. Dumbass.

www.myspace.com/shapingthemindsofouryouth
OFFLINE |  
Oversoul22's Avatar Oversoul22
05-20-2007, 09:34 AM

Maynard really seemed talkitive last night. Maynardisms: "Hello, (Jerk or drunk)-Assholes!", "Seriously though. Seriously. How are you doing tonight? *crowd cheers* Sounds more like Kansas than Oklahoma." *crowd boos I cheer hehe*. Then before Wings, "Thank you." I didn't see anything get thrown on stage and the crowd seemed really into it. I am really dissappointed that they cut the setlist short, even though they were onstage for about the same amount of time, the long Lost Keys wasn't needed even though I liked hearing Maynard say the words of the song, it really got boring. And I didn't mind the Kansas, Oklahoma comment. He was just teasing everyone. I cheered because I'm from Kansas and went to the Wichita show. Have a sense of humor. But this concert started off and I thought it was going to kick Wichita's ass. The set list:
Jambi
(-) Ions/Stinkfist(extended bitches,first time on tour)
Forty-Six and Two
Schism(extended on crack)
Lost Keys(Full version plus some, not needed)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right In Two
Wings For Marie(Part One)
10,000 Days(Wings Part Two)
Lateralus
I'm really starting to like Jambi as an opener but I think Stinkfist is better.
When I heard Maynard talking to us and the extended Stinkfist with a little bit of (-)Ions before it I really thought this concert was going to be the best by far. The only thing that made it not be the best was no Vicarious or AEnema. A little pissed but to look at the bright side; I've seen them live twice before and they ended on my favorite song: Lateralus. I like Rosetta Stoned and thought it was funny when Maynard talked crazy fast to see how far ahead of the band he could get. Lateralus and Stinkfist(extended) were the best songs of the night, even though Wings 1 and 2 never let down. Overall review:
Venue: A
Crowd: A
Lights: A
Lasers!:A
Band's Energy: A
Shortened Set list: D- Very Bummed!
Overall TOOL expierence: B-. Not as good as Wichita but was still a priceless night I will never forget, thank you TOOL and oklahoma, from your neighbor to the North.
P.S. I'll bet they are saving something really special for San Antonio. Wish I could be there! And I love the alien video effects during Rosetta Stoned. Amazing.

Last edited by Oversoul22; 05-20-2007 at 09:55 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maynard really seemed talkitive last night. Maynardisms: "Hello, (Jerk or drunk)-Assholes!", "Seriously though. Seriously. How are you doing tonight? *crowd cheers* Sounds more like Kansas than Oklahoma." *crowd boos I cheer hehe*. Then before Wings, "Thank you." I didn't see anything get thrown on stage and the crowd seemed really into it. I am really dissappointed that they cut the setlist short, even though they were onstage for about the same amount of time, the long Lost Keys wasn't needed even though I liked hearing Maynard say the words of the song, it really got boring. And I didn't mind the Kansas, Oklahoma comment. He was just teasing everyone. I cheered because I'm from Kansas and went to the Wichita show. Have a sense of humor. But this concert started off and I thought it was going to kick Wichita's ass. The set list:
Jambi
(-) Ions/Stinkfist(extended bitches,first time on tour)
Forty-Six and Two
Schism(extended on crack)
Lost Keys(Full version plus some, not needed)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right In Two
Wings For Marie(Part One)
10,000 Days(Wings Part Two)
Lateralus
I'm really starting to like Jambi as an opener but I think Stinkfist is better.
When I heard Maynard talking to us and the extended Stinkfist with a little bit of (-)Ions before it I really thought this concert was going to be the best by far. The only thing that made it not be the best was no Vicarious or AEnema. A little pissed but to look at the bright side; I've seen them live twice before and they ended on my favorite song: Lateralus. I like Rosetta Stoned and thought it was funny when Maynard talked crazy fast to see how far ahead of the band he could get. Lateralus and Stinkfist(extended) were the best songs of the night, even though Wings 1 and 2 never let down. Overall review:
Venue: A
Crowd: A
Lights: A
Lasers!:A
Band's Energy: A
Shortened Set list: D- Very Bummed!
Overall TOOL expierence: B-. Not as good as Wichita but was still a priceless night I will never forget, thank you TOOL and oklahoma, from your neighbor to the North.
P.S. I'll bet they are saving something really special for San Antonio. Wish I could be there! And I love the alien video effects during Rosetta Stoned. Amazing.

Last edited by Oversoul22; 05-20-2007 at 09:55 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Natalie Portman's Avatar Natalie Portman
05-20-2007, 11:33 AM

You see, this is why avoided these boards for the last few months. I didn't want to know the setlist. Last night when they ended it with Lateralus, I didn't feel like I was missing anything because I didn't know the setlists from the other shows. I had a blast at the show, though. They went on earlier than I had planned for, so we got there right as they were starting into Jambi. Didn't get to our seats until the last part of that song. But after that, it was amazing. The standout song for me was Right In Two... I love that song, but I never really realized how bad ass Danny's drumming is on it. It blew my fucking mind watching him beat the shit out of the drums through that. Christ, that guy is insane. And Lateralus was fucking awesome. You just can't beat that song for a closer... the last section of it is just ridiculous. I can't comprehend how anyone could write a song that is THAT good. The rest of the show was great too, but Right in Two and Lateralus were the big winners for me. The light show kicked ass. I don't do any drugs, but I can imagine that would have been the time to do so. Anyways, it's 2:30 pm the next day and I'm still drunk, so it was a good time as always.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

You see, this is why avoided these boards for the last few months. I didn't want to know the setlist. Last night when they ended it with Lateralus, I didn't feel like I was missing anything because I didn't know the setlists from the other shows. I had a blast at the show, though. They went on earlier than I had planned for, so we got there right as they were starting into Jambi. Didn't get to our seats until the last part of that song. But after that, it was amazing. The standout song for me was Right In Two... I love that song, but I never really realized how bad ass Danny's drumming is on it. It blew my fucking mind watching him beat the shit out of the drums through that. Christ, that guy is insane. And Lateralus was fucking awesome. You just can't beat that song for a closer... the last section of it is just ridiculous. I can't comprehend how anyone could write a song that is THAT good. The rest of the show was great too, but Right in Two and Lateralus were the big winners for me. The light show kicked ass. I don't do any drugs, but I can imagine that would have been the time to do so. Anyways, it's 2:30 pm the next day and I'm still drunk, so it was a good time as always.
OFFLINE |  
MelbaToast454
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM

I'll make this short as I'm tired as fuck.

Negatives:
-THE FUCKING idiot drunk people who scream disrespectful things during a song about his dead mother....really classy.
-From where I was (Floor section 2 row B) maynard was hard to hear. In the middle of 10,000 Days he finally switched a knob strapped to his elbow to boost it...much better.
-The fight
-PEOPLE COMPLAINING!

POSITIVES:
-Danny. OMFG! I saw them in Dallas but was farther away, but this time I was just 10 feet from his kit. He put sooo much energy and effort into the extended sections.
-remember these guys are in their 40's, sick of people acting like idiots...they are tired. given all that, they rocked. very tight show.
-bouncing Maynards water bottle into my friends hands.
-When I pulled up to my hotel (Renassance) Adam fuckin' Jones walks right by my car at the valet parking. Its funny no one really noticed him but me and one other guy. I didn't bother Adam as he seemed so chill and was walking to his bus.
-highlights> Wings and Lateralus (with the crazy drum solo). Someones gotta have that.

THANK YOU TOOL! :)
Old 05-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Negatives:
-THE FUCKING idiot drunk people who scream disrespectful things during a song about his dead mother....really classy.
-From where I was (Floor section 2 row B) maynard was hard to hear. In the middle of 10,000 Days he finally switched a knob strapped to his elbow to boost it...much better.
-The fight
-PEOPLE COMPLAINING!

POSITIVES:
-Danny. OMFG! I saw them in Dallas but was farther away, but this time I was just 10 feet from his kit. He put sooo much energy and effort into the extended sections.
-remember these guys are in their 40's, sick of people acting like idiots...they are tired. given all that, they rocked. very tight show.
-When I pulled up to my hotel (Renassance) Adam fuckin' Jones walks right by my car at the valet parking. Its funny no one really noticed him but me and one other guy. I didn't bother Adam as he seemed so chill and was walking to his bus.
-highlights> Wings and Lateralus (with the crazy drum solo). Someones gotta have that.

OFFLINE |  
Ross
05-20-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbaToast454 View Post

Negatives:
-The fight
-PEOPLE COMPLAINING!

POSITIVES:

I believe I might of been the guy you are tallking about. My buddy and I were just hanging out wondering who's bus was parked out front. My brother had asked the lady when we checked in if the band was staying at the Renaissance and she said yes. So we were on our way to get some beer and decided to walk out the front door instead of taking the sky bridge and sure enough Adam was walking off the bus. I went up and shook his hand while he was walking into the hotel, he seemed really cool. He didn't stay in the hotel long 3 minutes probably then got back on the bus and went to the Ford Center.

As for the show, had good seats to the left of the stage. Only bad part was could not get a good view of Danny's kit. I thought the show kicked ass, great sound, great energy from the band and crowd. A little pist about not catching Danny's drum stick went right in front of my buddy and I but neither one of us could get a hand on it. The girl in front of us got it. Little disappointed about missing Aenima and Vicarious but still thought the show kicked ass.

Also, I have some video and pics but do not really know where to put them so I can make a link for you all to view. So, if someone could let me know how to post them that would be cool.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbaToast454 View Post

Negatives:
-The fight
-PEOPLE COMPLAINING!

POSITIVES:

I believe I might of been the guy you are tallking about. My buddy and I were just hanging out wondering who's bus was parked out front. My brother had asked the lady when we checked in if the band was staying at the Renaissance and she said yes. So we were on our way to get some beer and decided to walk out the front door instead of taking the sky bridge and sure enough Adam was walking off the bus. I went up and shook his hand while he was walking into the hotel, he seemed really cool. He didn't stay in the hotel long 3 minutes probably then got back on the bus and went to the Ford Center.

As for the show, had good seats to the left of the stage. Only bad part was could not get a good view of Danny's kit. I thought the show kicked ass, great sound, great energy from the band and crowd. A little pist about not catching Danny's drum stick went right in front of my buddy and I but neither one of us could get a hand on it. The girl in front of us got it. Little disappointed about missing Aenima and Vicarious but still thought the show kicked ass.

Also, I have some video and pics but do not really know where to put them so I can make a link for you all to view. So, if someone could let me know how to post them that would be cool.
OFFLINE |  
jplovett
05-20-2007, 12:12 PM

i would love to see the pics/video. i'll be checking back to look for a link..or drop me a line a [email protected]

this was my first Tool show so of course i was blown away. glad i didnt eat some serious drugs or i may have needed therapy...this band melts faces
Old 05-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

i would love to see the pics/video. i'll be checking back to look for a link..or drop me a line a [email protected]

this was my first Tool show so of course i was blown away. glad i didnt eat some serious drugs or i may have needed therapy...this band melts faces
OFFLINE |  
K7_Leetha's Avatar K7_Leetha
05-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post

-----------------------------------

Yes Yes awesome you got video. Did you get the whole show?

Ok for video go to sendspace.com and click browse, find the files you want to upload, check the terms of service box, then click upload. When its finished it should give you a link. Copy that and paste here and the forums and we can DL it.

For pics just go to imageshack.com, and do the same thing.

If you need any more help just PM me!

----------------------------

I smoked weed with 3 strangers so who knows it couldve been someone from the forums. The instant the lights went down I smelled it and was like, aw yeah.

Rosetta Stoned was fucking awesome, I have a new appreciation for that tune.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post

-----------------------------------

Yes Yes awesome you got video. Did you get the whole show?

Ok for video go to sendspace.com and click browse, find the files you want to upload, check the terms of service box, then click upload. When its finished it should give you a link. Copy that and paste here and the forums and we can DL it.

For pics just go to imageshack.com, and do the same thing.

If you need any more help just PM me!

----------------------------

I smoked weed with 3 strangers so who knows it couldve been someone from the forums. The instant the lights went down I smelled it and was like, aw yeah.

Rosetta Stoned was fucking awesome, I have a new appreciation for that tune.
OFFLINE |  
Ross
05-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Here is some video that i took from my cell phone... Some of it is pretty shitty because security was really really close and i was trying to hide it from them... But it's video i guess so enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9nhm10
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l36ogg
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zvxhj3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uhmz1r
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7mlic
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qonsas
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1su0hq
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pkuzj3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f53nku
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbzjh9
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zcdc2j
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iitf4p
http://www.sendspace.com/file/57pn18

I have more if anyone is interested i know it sucks but it's all i got. I had to stop recording a lot because security would spot me.

Last edited by Ross; 05-20-2007 at 01:15 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #33

Here is some video that i took from my cell phone... Some of it is pretty shitty because security was really really close and i was trying to hide it from them... But it's video i guess so enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9nhm10
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l36ogg
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zvxhj3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uhmz1r
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7mlic
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qonsas
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1su0hq
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pkuzj3
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f53nku
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbzjh9
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zcdc2j
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iitf4p
http://www.sendspace.com/file/57pn18

I have more if anyone is interested i know it sucks but it's all i got. I had to stop recording a lot because security would spot me.

Last edited by Ross; 05-20-2007 at 01:15 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Futant3's Avatar Futant3
05-20-2007, 01:05 PM

5th show of tour. Really good venue for sound and visuals, tons of energy from crowd and the band. Sec 118 Row D, thought it was going to be fourth row and ended up being 1st right around the curve. Probably the most unobstructed view in the place and close enough to the sound board that sound was almost perfect.

Security right in front of me had been watching that fight develop for a long time before they went up there. I'm almost 100% sure that the lights going down right after they broke it up was planned and security was in contact with the band to coordinate that. Also a couple of people in previous threads have mentioned seeing cameras recording the show and I can verify that they have had a camera facing the stage. Could see the camera and it's footage on a computer screen at the soundboard, it appears to be used for setting off some of the special effects.

Probably one of the best overall performances I've ever seen out of Tool. They played as group very well though I've seen better individual performances before. Minor letdown on losing two songs though if you didn't know better it wouldn't have been disappointing. During Lateralus I kept thinking "they should be closing with this song", little surprised when they actually did. The stage was also a little narrow so we ended up with more equipment in front of the screens but not much you can do about that.

2 more to go...
Old 05-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

5th show of tour. Really good venue for sound and visuals, tons of energy from crowd and the band. Sec 118 Row D, thought it was going to be fourth row and ended up being 1st right around the curve. Probably the most unobstructed view in the place and close enough to the sound board that sound was almost perfect.

Security right in front of me had been watching that fight develop for a long time before they went up there. I'm almost 100% sure that the lights going down right after they broke it up was planned and security was in contact with the band to coordinate that. Also a couple of people in previous threads have mentioned seeing cameras recording the show and I can verify that they have had a camera facing the stage. Could see the camera and it's footage on a computer screen at the soundboard, it appears to be used for setting off some of the special effects.

Probably one of the best overall performances I've ever seen out of Tool. They played as group very well though I've seen better individual performances before. Minor letdown on losing two songs though if you didn't know better it wouldn't have been disappointing. During Lateralus I kept thinking "they should be closing with this song", little surprised when they actually did. The stage was also a little narrow so we ended up with more equipment in front of the screens but not much you can do about that.

2 more to go...
Old 05-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #35

Last edited by Ross; 05-20-2007 at 01:43 PM..
OFFLINE |  
rll's Avatar rll
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Well I finally made it home after a twelve hour bus ride starting at 12 midnight, one hour train ride and 2 hour car ride. I am exhausted. I bet I looked like a tweeker when I walked into the greyhound station. My heart was still pounding so hard. I probably went through more than 95% of the people to get there and back, and I tell you I have no regrets.

Great show! I have never seen a crowd like that. This Illinois boy gives OKC props for sure.

Kinski was pretty good compared to the reviews I had heard. The first two or three were pretty good. The slow one where the bass player used the bow kind of sucked. But theyre last song with the jethro tull esque flute thing rocked.

Then I heard the crowd get loud. What the fuck are they yelling at I thought. Then I looked to the upper deck to see a maylay goin on. One dude looked like he got his ass beat by a guy and a girl. I think I even saw a second guy hit him. Then one of them took off running from the cops only to get grabbed by probably the biggest guy in the section and returned to the pigs.

Then the lights went down. It got to be kind of a blur after that. So many extensions a tweaks, it was great. EXTENDED STINKFIST! Lost keys with maynards jibberish was cool I dont care what anyone says. Right in two is so great live. Lateralus was a fuckin mazing. Like skillet said I thought they should end it there as well, and then they did. It is such a good closer. and such a positive song.

To those that dont like the setlist thats too bad. Find a new band or break out your cd's to hear the classics. They are touring on the 10000 days cd. The band is at a different place than they were when they were younger. Just look at the setlist, not one negative song, all positive. They are not angry like they once were.

Maynard, is up there having fun, not being bored. Seems like he is in a very good place emotionally right now. Makes me wonder why people say he is washed up, I thought he did great.

Adam played a great gig. Loved the extended lost keys. It seemed at first that he was extending to wait on nard to retake the stage.

Justin was amazing. Loved his bass work on wings.

I could say something about Danny but I dont need to.

Finally, I think that the band wanted to play another song after lat., when they heard the crowd, but danny's drums were already taken apart. I think they really appreciated what we gave them. I only hope the St. Louis crowd is as good.

PS. Did anyone notice that the first lazers, in wings, showed in a vescia piscis(kind of hard to see on that ceiling.)

Last edited by rll; 05-20-2007 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #36
rll

Bincount™: 105

Well I finally made it home after a twelve hour bus ride starting at 12 midnight, one hour train ride and 2 hour car ride. I am exhausted. I bet I looked like a tweeker when I walked into the greyhound station. My heart was still pounding so hard. I probably went through more than 95% of the people to get there and back, and I tell you I have no regrets.

Great show! I have never seen a crowd like that. This Illinois boy gives OKC props for sure.

Kinski was pretty good compared to the reviews I had heard. The first two or three were pretty good. The slow one where the bass player used the bow kind of sucked. But theyre last song with the jethro tull esque flute thing rocked.

Then I heard the crowd get loud. What the fuck are they yelling at I thought. Then I looked to the upper deck to see a maylay goin on. One dude looked like he got his ass beat by a guy and a girl. I think I even saw a second guy hit him. Then one of them took off running from the cops only to get grabbed by probably the biggest guy in the section and returned to the pigs.

Then the lights went down. It got to be kind of a blur after that. So many extensions a tweaks, it was great. EXTENDED STINKFIST! Lost keys with maynards jibberish was cool I dont care what anyone says. Right in two is so great live. Lateralus was a fuckin mazing. Like skillet said I thought they should end it there as well, and then they did. It is such a good closer. and such a positive song.

To those that dont like the setlist thats too bad. Find a new band or break out your cd's to hear the classics. They are touring on the 10000 days cd. The band is at a different place than they were when they were younger. Just look at the setlist, not one negative song, all positive. They are not angry like they once were.

Maynard, is up there having fun, not being bored. Seems like he is in a very good place emotionally right now. Makes me wonder why people say he is washed up, I thought he did great.

Adam played a great gig. Loved the extended lost keys. It seemed at first that he was extending to wait on nard to retake the stage.

Justin was amazing. Loved his bass work on wings.

I could say something about Danny but I dont need to.

Finally, I think that the band wanted to play another song after lat., when they heard the crowd, but danny's drums were already taken apart. I think they really appreciated what we gave them. I only hope the St. Louis crowd is as good.

PS. Did anyone notice that the first lazers, in wings, showed in a vescia piscis(kind of hard to see on that ceiling.)

Last edited by rll; 05-20-2007 at 02:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
WatchTheWeatherChange
05-20-2007, 02:18 PM

I was at this show last night. Regardless of what they didn't play it was an amazing show. The sound was unbelievable. I was about 8 rows back in the middle on the floor.

I sat by a lady who's husband is old friends with Danny Carey and she was nice enough to give me a backstage pass for after the show. I got autographs from two out of four of the guys (Danny and Justin). It was really overwhelmng to see both of them in person.

The show itself blew me away. I was expecting so much from it based on what everybody had told me and it delivered more than my expectations. Definitely a great first Tool show.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #37
Level 1 - Lurker

I was at this show last night. Regardless of what they didn't play it was an amazing show. The sound was unbelievable. I was about 8 rows back in the middle on the floor.

I sat by a lady who's husband is old friends with Danny Carey and she was nice enough to give me a backstage pass for after the show. I got autographs from two out of four of the guys (Danny and Justin). It was really overwhelmng to see both of them in person.

The show itself blew me away. I was expecting so much from it based on what everybody had told me and it delivered more than my expectations. Definitely a great first Tool show.
OFFLINE |  
tooltones4
05-20-2007, 03:14 PM

good show really dissapointed they cut it short since i spent like 300 bucks to go see this show. the drumming in the middle of right and two blew my mind. any ways im not gonna see them until they change up their setlist seeing 4 same shows gets old. the people in okc seemed pretty cool more chilled and just looking for a good time nice change from the dallas atmosphere.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #38
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

good show really dissapointed they cut it short since i spent like 300 bucks to go see this show. the drumming in the middle of right and two blew my mind. any ways im not gonna see them until they change up their setlist seeing 4 same shows gets old. the people in okc seemed pretty cool more chilled and just looking for a good time nice change from the dallas atmosphere.
OFFLINE |  
ParisClitoris
05-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Tool took the night off, and that is most sad indeed. I saw them twice in KC--on the last leg and at the warm-up show. Both of those were superior to the lackluster and uninspired performance at the Ford Center (great venue, by the way). The band is more intimate with the KS/KC crowd, to be sure. A band such as Tool cannot get away without playing "Vicarious," "Aenima," "Sober," "The Pot." Carey was palpably weak on the drums relative to his previous titanlike performances on the first leg--preinjury. No showing off in the least; he is still injured (no doubt in mind). I am sad that a petty fight would break out at a Tool show, but maybe more disheartened that so many people would feel apt to cheer such a fisticuff. Also, MJK has done the hick routine on every date of this tour--it is not unique to OK. Musical precision was great, but the band is just clocking in, and it shows, oh, how it shows. What about "Opiate"?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool took the night off, and that is most sad indeed. I saw them twice in KC--on the last leg and at the warm-up show. Both of those were superior to the lackluster and uninspired performance at the Ford Center (great venue, by the way). The band is more intimate with the KS/KC crowd, to be sure. A band such as Tool cannot get away without playing "Vicarious," "Aenima," "Sober," "The Pot." Carey was palpably weak on the drums relative to his previous titanlike performances on the first leg--preinjury. No showing off in the least; he is still injured (no doubt in mind). I am sad that a petty fight would break out at a Tool show, but maybe more disheartened that so many people would feel apt to cheer such a fisticuff. Also, MJK has done the hick routine on every date of this tour--it is not unique to OK. Musical precision was great, but the band is just clocking in, and it shows, oh, how it shows. What about "Opiate"?
OFFLINE |  
matmcd78's Avatar matmcd78
05-20-2007, 05:00 PM

Maynard was the most animated of all the shows this tour. He danced. He talked. He warmed his hands as Danny caught fire. Great show with lots of energy and a big Thank You to everybody at the Ford Center for rocking it out. Several times every person I saw was on their feet with atleast on hand pumping in the air.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Maynard was the most animated of all the shows this tour. He danced. He talked. He warmed his hands as Danny caught fire. Great show with lots of energy and a big Thank You to everybody at the Ford Center for rocking it out. Several times every person I saw was on their feet with atleast on hand pumping in the air.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply