opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 07-08-2003, 08:14 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Lyrics don't match

The Lyrics for Stinkfist that you have posted on this site don't match the ones on the album. I know they may change from performance to performance, but they should match the album.

You have this posted:

I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive.

On the Album, this is what is said:

I don't want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

dont know if anyones told u that in the 7 years its been posted, but thats what maynard sings on the album.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:19 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166
so..?

several of the songs are like that.. the lyrics that are posted on here are what maynard wrote down and sent to kabir(at least thats what i thought) they may not match identically to the albums, but close enough that it really doesnt matter..
Old 07-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
It's not a sign of the apocalypse, I know. But, I do think this one makes a difference. The ideas go in sequence of the levels of consciousness you have.

You can breathe, but without feeling. You can feel without knowing you're alive. You first breathe--the basic difference between being dead and alive. Next, you begin to feel--to interact with the world around you, rather than simply 'taking up space'. Finally, you take in the experiences you have and interpret them. You begin to understand that indeed you are not just alive but living.

Mixing up the order of the three messes up the continuity of the progression from birth to life to consciousness and understanding.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: