opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Does Aenima sync with the Wizard of Oz?
Not At All!! 1 33.33%
Somewhat 1 33.33%
Very well 0 0%
Perfectly, and I beleive it was intentionally done so by Tool! 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Maynard James Keenan vs. Judy Garland

I'd love for you guys to check out the sync I put together for youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7Pp...x=0&playnext=1

I think it works VERY well and i'm almost done with the other albums as well. Please let me know what you think? Am I on the right track? Is this a waste of time? Where the hell are my nice wooly socks I got last christmas?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Maynard James Keenan vs. Judy Garland

This video contains content from Warner Bros. Entertainment, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

haha damn that was fast.

You can sync anything with anything. It's fun to experiment. Check out 10,000 Days synced with TMNT2, that one is great when Jambi kicks in. And of course there's the famous Ænima/Nightmare Before Christmas.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14

it sucks that it got taken down so fast, these things always interest me. and it is incredibly easy to find similarities in different pieces of art. I remember one night when me and a few good friends were trippin hard, we ended up syncing all of tools albums with the original star wars trilogy. it worked quite well, undertow through to 10Kdaze is only 2 minuets and 23 seconds shorter than said trilogy, with many "connection points" along the way.. good times
Old 11-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearandloathing View Post
it sucks that it got taken down so fast, these things always interest me. and it is incredibly easy to find similarities in different pieces of art. I remember one night when me and a few good friends were trippin hard, we ended up syncing all of tools albums with the original star wars trilogy. it worked quite well, undertow through to 10Kdaze is only 2 minuets and 23 seconds shorter than said trilogy, with many "connection points" along the way.. good times
Geez, that was fast! You guys are right it does suck! Anyway if anybody wants to set it up themselves start aenima when a man named "mervin leroy" comes up in the beginning credits. You'll know it's right when dorothy falls in the pig pen and the song eulogy really takes off for the first time.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
And of course there's the famous Ænima/Nightmare Before Christmas.
this.

also lol @ TMNT2 and 10kdays, I've gotta see this.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
this.

also lol @ TMNT2 and 10kdays, I've gotta see this.
I've actually tried it! My CD player froze at the beginning of Wings for Marie, though---that intro bass note just kept skipping so I turned it off. Give it a shot, maybe it was the THC but my buddy and I were laughing our asses off during Jambi.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Do you have a sync point for the beginning?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

lateralus synching with Die Hard might be one of my favs
Old 12-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
Do you have a sync point for the beginning?
I let someone borrow my DVD so I can't check it out right now...BUT I can tell you that my usual strategy is to convince my brain that the sync is "right". Obviously, it's not (you're making something up), but your brain helps you by attempting to make sense of things, which is why syncs work.

So anyway, how to convince your brain that things are alright? Before films start there are usually logos that pop up and fade away...choose the most prominent title (in your opinion) and hit play right when it pops up--this is the first synced moment. Then relax and let your brain automatically do the work :)
Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
Level 11 - Clamorous

btw, on a serious note, easily my favorite sync is the Jupiter chapter of 2001: A Space Odyssey synced with Disposition/Reflection/Triad/Faaip de Oaid. It even fits with the blank space in FDO...unbelievable.

link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4073291&hl=en#

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: