opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 11. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 05-19-2003, 09:14 PM   #41
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
"staring down that hole again, hands are on my back again, survival is my only friend, and i'm terrified of what may come"

i think this is the pivotal line of the song, it sums up the mood of the piece beautifully. it's in keeping with maynard's "comfortable but vunerable" speech on the salival version. he then sings that he'll "always love you" even as he tears the throat out of who/what he is singing about. the paradox of this song to me is so typical of tool because that's the way humans are, love/hate black/white, the yin and yan philosophy. it's one of the things i adore about tool, they're a band that at first seem so alien but are really so very very human.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:19 PM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Pushed you away my dear
and..
Theres no love in fear

Since i heard Pushit the day my relationship really ended, I think these lines sum up what I did to him and myself.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:54 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Remember i will always love you
If i claw your fucking throat away
It will end no other way
It will end no other way

I love the way he sings that part, especially the last "way", on the Salival version.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 09:03 PM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

listen closely

I like the line ...slipping back into the gap again,I'm in love with you touching me,etc.Not sure the correct lyrics.Anyway,while Maynard is holding that long note on "way",you can hear his stool move in the studio he was probably leaning or sitting on,listen!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:04 PM   #45
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: listen closely

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon2112
I like the line ...slipping back into the gap again,I'm in love with you touching me,etc.Not sure the correct lyrics.Anyway,while Maynard is holding that long note on "way",you can hear his stool move in the studio he was probably leaning or sitting on,listen!
...persuade you another way...listen for the stool,use headphones
Old 09-01-2003, 12:10 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm alive when you're touching me, alive when you're shoving me down, But I'd trade it all for just a little piece of mind... but the part of Pushit on me, pushit on me... its fucking great too...
Old 09-07-2003, 04:12 PM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

my favorite lines musically would be in the beginning during the weird music "saw the gap again today, while you were beggin' me to stay, take care not to make me enter, if i do we both may dissappear"
and during the slower quieter part: "i am somewhere i don't wanna be... push me somewhere i don't wanna be.... Put me somewhere I don't wanna be... seeing some place I don't wanna see... never wanna see that place again..."
and also musically AND lyrically: "I must persuade you another WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy.......! "

incredible song, incredible lyrics, and an incredible meaning, doesn't matter who you are or what you think, the meaning's gonna be just as incredible.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:21 PM   #48
Level 3 - Talker

i'd have to say my favorite line from that song is when he sings "Im staring down the hole again, my hands are on my back again, SURVIVAL IS MY ONLY FRIEND, im terrified of what may come. Remember I'll always love you, as I claw your fucking throat away. - they have so much power. Maynards lyrics are so amazing.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:34 PM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

My favorite lyric is definately "There's no love in fear." I really agree with that and I like to use that point against religious people who think is good to be "God-fearing." Seriously, if you have to fear God, he is not worthy of worship. Fear-based following is what dictators and tyrants get.

Last edited by dissonance51765; 09-29-2003 at 09:04 PM..
Old 10-13-2003, 09:16 AM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: Favourite line(s) in the song

There are so many but I will choose "If when I say I may fade like a sigh if I stay"
Old 10-13-2003, 09:10 PM   #51
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yes...l will have to choose that as well...

"And if l say l will fade like a sigh if l stay
You minimize my movement anyway
l must persuade you another way...

There's no love in fear."
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:33 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance51765
My favorite lyric is definately "There's no love in fear." I really agree with that and I like to use that point against religious people who think is good to be "God-fearing." Seriously, if you have to fear God, he is not worthy of worship. Fear-based following is what dictators and tyrants get.
I agree that the line "There's no love in fear" is a wonderful line, but I disagree with your stance on God-fearing. It doesn't mean that you should cower before Him. It means more or less that you realize that he has the power, not that he will force it upon you, you have the freedom of choice. To realize and accept that he has the power is what God-fearing means. Tyrants and dictators force themselves upon their servants/serfs.

All of the lines in this song are my favorite, there is no possible way to choose between them. This song is my favorite TOOL song. No other song ever can compare.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:20 AM   #53
Level 4 - Thinker

Pushit is, like just a few other songs(4 deegrees-tool, eulogy-tool, the irresponsible hate anthem-Marilyn Manson and the spooky kids, Prison sex-tool) a quote in itself. while it may be a exorbitantly long quote, it's hard top separate any part from another. but I've always like the "If when I say I might fade like a sigh if I stay", myself I always seem to find myself rewinding the song to the "never wanna see that place again" line to take that section in again.

"I would have much rathered Jesus being hanged, that way, all Christians would wear nooses around their necks."~Kapoo
Old 08-17-2004, 04:13 PM   #54
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrl
i have to agree that the way maynard sings ..."i must pursuade you another wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"...is unparalleled in pitch: however, my favorite line would have to be:

..."recalling all of the times ,i have died,iwill die, i don't mind"...
That is H,not Pushit,but great lines none- the -less.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:17 PM   #55
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Of God
When they did this song live on the last tour they cut the sound just as "I Don't Mind" came to, and you could hear the entire crowd sing " I Dont Mind, I Dont Mind, I Dont MIIIIIIIIIIIIND. It had to of been the most beautiful thing i have ever, or will ever hear. Jebus was defenitely crying that night.
H, my friend,H.We are discussing Pushit.Great song though.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #56
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk off
If, when I say I may fade like a sigh if I stay,
You minimize my movement anyway,
I must persuade you another way.

There's no love in fear.

Staring down the hole again.
Hands upon my back again.
Survival is my only friend.
Terrified of what may come.

Just remember I will always love you,
Even as I tear your fucking throat away.
But it will end no other way."

~ok, I know it's the Last half of the song, but it really makes me have my memories. I love these lines. They made me connect to the song emotionally.

"I'm alive when you're touching me, alive when you're shoving me down, But I'd trade it all for just a little piece of mind"
~ this one i like because I really feel alive when I'm around that someone, but afterwards I really feel used.~

"recalling all of the times, i have died, I will die, i don't mind"

~this is just so powerful, I don't mind that you're killing me along as you are around. That's so Fucking profound.

But I'll end with how the fuck can you not love this entire song?
Old 08-17-2004, 04:22 PM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

I read lyrics to H a few times on this post.To all the people saying the best line is "I don't mind",that is H,not Pushit.Thank you!
Old 08-18-2004, 10:29 AM   #58
Banned.

Bincount™: 4925

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon2112
I read lyrics to H a few times on this post.To all the people saying the best line is "I don't mind",that is H,not Pushit.Thank you!
Shut up.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #59
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20

theres no love in fear.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: