opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 11. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 10-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
What I think Pushit means

I haven't read any posts on this board yet, so if I reproduce someone elses interpretation, I'm sorry. This is just what I got for listening to it for several days and analyzing the lyrics.

Suicide. "Who is this but my reflection" "Put your trigger on my finger, bang my had upon the fault like, better take care not to make me enter, cause if I do we both may dissappear"...
Do you guys ever feel like there's more than one.. personality.. spirit.. in your head? When you consiter killing yourself, they often argue and debate. One persona is pushing the other to agree to suicide, but if he agrees they both may dissappear.

Fucked up Relation ship. "You still love me" is said throughout the song. Perhaps Maynard is speaking of an intimant friend who wants to kill him. But if she does, she'll kill herself later on because she still loves him. I've had friends who were in a relationship so deep their entire emotionstability depended on it. They had a fight, the guy would nearly kill himself, and attempted often..

He's talking to his gun. Guns are shiney, so he'd see his reflection in it. He loves his gun because it can ake him from his misery so quickly and pretty much painlessly. "Put your trigger on my finger". Near the end I think it's his gun talking to him. "I'll still love you, even if I blow your fucking throat away". Just a thought.

What do you guys think?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: What I think Pushit means

Last edited by JTCrace; 10-07-2004 at 07:03 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:02 PM   #3

What do I think? Complete bullshit....

Just kidding. It was a creative and entertaining interpretation. In my opinion, it's probably not what Maynard meant, but as the preface to this page says, it's about what it means to YOU.

You do mention a few truths though. As far as the "personas" as you called them, they are certainly something that everyone has but most are unwilling to confront. You might be interested in reading, "In Search of the Mircaulous: The Teachings of GI Gurdjieff" by PD Ouspensky. Gurdjieff says that man's chief illusion is that he is in fact one man, or, possesses a 'permanent ego' as he calls it. When the truth of the matter is that man is made up of a huge, huge number of independent egos that are constantly vying for control of his will. This explains why most individuals can't get anything done whatsoever and they cannot induce permanent change within themselves. In any case, a warning is in order: DO NOT READ THE BOOK IF YOU DON'T PLAN ON DOING ANYTHING ABOUT YOURSELF. It will then only serve to increase your confusion and despair. And probably strengthen those suicidal tendencies.

And yes, I am familiar with males and females in "relationships" who get suicidal and make unreasonable emotional investments that are bound to go under. Don't they have anything better to do?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:16 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Aye, Thanks for the feedback. I doubted it's what Maynard meant myself, but coming up with different theories was entertaining. I'll look around for the book you meantioned. Reading it will probably be the last gentle shove I need to push me into a chronic depression, but the sound of the book interests me. It's a chance I'm dumb enough to take anyways. Prolly won't find it though.. Damned location and its shortage of book stores with a decent selection. ><
Now I'm gonna look at others views on it. I've decided reading others theories first before forming my own robs me of creativity. XD
Old 10-08-2004, 07:10 AM   #5

Depression has its uses. But I am serious about reading the book. It fucked me up quite a bit. It was like not only did I 'think' I was crazy but after reading the book, I 'knew' it! Don't bother reading it unless you have a plan of action.

Reading others' views? Try a little thread called, "I hope this doesn't piss Maynard off!" Started, by, well, yours truly. Pissed a lot of people off, inspired others, and helped me learn a lot. The Opinions website hasn't been the same since.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: