opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 11-29-2002, 06:43 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
When Alchemy Becomes Tricky

As far as I can see in the video (and I haven't read but one or two other comments here so perhaps this is not new for some) is a depiction of a Masonic/Alchemical rite.

In the Parabol portion, three faceless (quasi-demonic) images appear around a square table. They cut open a "blue apple" which exhibits an occult symmetry. They then levitate off of the floor and from their mouths a foul dark substance issues, forming a circle on the table.

As the three complete the circle, their equidistant heads form the image of a triangle within the circle.

A triangle within a circle within a square (with a cross in the midst) is the emblem of the Royal Arch degree of Freemasonry. This degree concerns itself with the revelation of the Divine Name.

Further allusion to the Royal Arch degree is made by the appearance of the several arms which form a "grip" resembling a more complex "Royal Arch"-- that being the name of the grip of the R.A. degree.
[continued....]
Old 11-29-2002, 06:51 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

continued

Tricky and his little pal seem to resemble an alchemist and a homunculus. The antennae on Tricky's head would seem to be "extra sensory" organs meaning that he is aware of more than the physical universe.

The window Tricky looks through would be a window onto the world where there is a "dead" forrest. The idea may be that the world Tricky occupies is a world without death. (Arcadia)

The black balloon creature appears to be a number of cells in the process of division-- the zygote for a new homunculus. When it destroys the smaller creature, Tricky is clearly pissed but uses the opportunity to learn something about how his (dead) little friend works. His curiosity peaked, Tricky steps into the world of dead and dying matter, pursued by the zygote which hovers behind him a few feet.

[continued...]
Old 11-29-2002, 06:54 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

continued...

The leaf is another image of death. But this time to message is clear: Leaves die but the tree survives. At this moment of revelation, the leaf becomes the vehicle of enlightenment, turning into the Ida and Pingala currents which work their way up Trikcy's body.

When the two currents pass over T's heart chakra, the lotus unfolds and the cross appears. This is the cross needed to complete the Royal-Arch Symbol made in the previous part of the video. It is composed of two Dorje's as if to represent a "double portion" of the Spirit of the Divine.

The whole thing is laced with alchemical and masonic imagery. Whatever the message is, it's deep... and neat to watch!
Old 12-01-2002, 06:23 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Tricky???

Why are you guys calling the tall man Tricky? I don't understand that... Tool's nick for him? Or was the actor's name Tricky? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

Someone help me please.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:37 PM   #5
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
Tricky is a musician and actor.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 01:19 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Oh I see. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:02 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Into the forest

Wow! Someone else with a practically identical interpretation to my own!

Weird!

One constrast; Tricky achieves enlightenment in the forest, having left the sterile, safe confines of his initial surroundings. Is this because he has to apply his understanding in the real world, rather than in the playground of his synthetic, self-created confines?

Also I'm not sure that the black blobby thing is a new Homunculus, simply because it seems to be something of an enemy for the mage. Having frightened it away (as astral 'combat' according to recieved wisdom is a battle of wills, each trying to cow the other) within his sanctuary, he goes into the outer, wild world and finds it following him, somewhat menacingly!

Joesph Campbell; 'The Hero With a Thousand Faces'
Old 12-10-2002, 09:26 AM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

This has certainly peeked my interest in Free Masonry and I wonder if I could convince you to explain it further to me in the Socialize section. I will make a section for it. Then perhaps others could learn and share further on this.

The "black balloon creature" as its been called always seem to be a part of the enlightenment. Seems that it is driving Tricky forward by destroying his companion and by following behind...seems as if it is the urge and after first freeing Tricky to look elsewhere it then takes a back seat and allows him to go where he will on his own. See if that fits anything. Rivalry often helps bring out the most growth.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:29 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

This alchemy interpretation makes a lot of sense, but so does the "I have seen God's face" one.

Some great mind should put the two together.

I think the grey blob is evil. Evil which is always there, but which forces us to embrace this reality, chosing to be here. Only after Evil killed his friend, Tricky ventures into the world.

Evil emerges from Tricky, when he puts his head into that glass thing. Evil is always a part of us.

I think the alchemy explanation is a bit too limited. The dropping of the stone, the particles in the beginning, the energy matrix in the end all point at reality as a whole, not to just personal enlightment.

Yeah, someone should merge the two ideas...
Old 01-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

I have seen god's face/alchemy convergence

OK, well alchemy is simply one of many Gnostic traditions. The point of gnostisicm is to become capable of embracing the divinity within yourself and to become one with the divinity that is immanent within all things.

Therefore it is perfectly plausible for anyone to 'see God's face'. To an alchemist, mage, gnostic, buddah or yogi, it is in any ordinary mirror. To the rest of us, one day it might be.

And hare Krshnas don't count.

Joesph Campbell; 'The Hero With a Thousand Faces'
Old 01-10-2003, 07:36 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

maybe the black ball thing is what occurs when we first look outside ourselves...tricky looks out the window, the black ball shows up, kills his ties to traditional religion (maybe his conscience?) tricky gets mad (the way many people do when forced out of their natural element by forces beyond their control) then dissects his religion-creature, thus learning why he has always felt the need for religion. after completly removing his ties to the old religions, he ventures forth into the new, unknown world and achieves enlightenment.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:04 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5
I have always thought of the blob as death, it shows up when Tricky looks out and sees the dead forest, he first thinks of death. Then it starts to get bigger, occupying more of his mind, and it takes his companion(loss of someone close) tricky is immediatly mad at death and screams at it, but it does not really know what it has done. T then attempts to study the friend to bring him back and then ultimately dissects him to find why he is now dead. then realizing the sameness, he proceeds to the dead forest for answers. Death continues to follow him and to chase him. The only way he escapes death is when he sees the leaf and realizes that it is no longer living, but he can still connect to its energy. and you know the rest.

that is longer than I had planned but that is my take on it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: