Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
?Cogito Ergo Sum?'s Avatar ?Cogito Ergo Sum?
05-12-2006, 01:00 PM

I've been a fan of Tool since the release of Aenima and the first time I heard Sober (not sure which one came first). I did like the album when I first heard it, but after several listens, I've come to enjoy it (at this moment at least) more than Aenima and Lateralus. I noticed that since the leak, a lot of "Tool fans" were all over the place with how they thought this album sucked, wasn't Tool, bla bla bla bla. Everything changes. You, me, the music, life, etc. That's the feeling I get when I heare 10,000 Days too. Just felt like I had to say something.
Thoughts?
"You look up when you feel the need for elevation. And I look down because I am elevated. Who among you can laugh and be elevated at the same time? Whoever climbs the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." Nietzsche
Old 05-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Finally coming around?

I've been a fan of Tool since the release of Aenima and the first time I heard Sober (not sure which one came first). I did like the album when I first heard it, but after several listens, I've come to enjoy it (at this moment at least) more than Aenima and Lateralus. I noticed that since the leak, a lot of "Tool fans" were all over the place with how they thought this album sucked, wasn't Tool, bla bla bla bla. Everything changes. You, me, the music, life, etc. That's the feeling I get when I heare 10,000 Days too. Just felt like I had to say something.
Thoughts?
"You look up when you feel the need for elevation. And I look down because I am elevated. Who among you can laugh and be elevated at the same time? Whoever climbs the highest mountains laughs at all tragic plays and tragic seriousness." Nietzsche
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
centaur
05-12-2006, 01:19 PM

those who claimed 10kd sucked must not be treated seriously. I mean there is a difference between "I prefer lateralus/aenima to 10kd" and "the new album sucks."

If they all thought in a sober way, and look at it from a distance, comparing it to the whole rock scene, they would realize it is a masterpiece.

But people tend to look at it through lateralus-eyes and cannot come up with anything objective.

For me 10 kd is comparable to lateralus

In some areas lateralus is better, in others 10 ks prevails. For example, I prefer lateralus when it comes to instrumental parts (guitar work, drums ) whereas 10kd is more honest, more coherent - the band plays as one unit here, a very mature one. I also like lyrics more on 10kd

So in the end one day I prefer lateralus/aenima, the other day 10kd

Saying that the new album sucks is childlish and means that you cannot really recognize quality music.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Finally coming around?

those who claimed 10kd sucked must not be treated seriously. I mean there is a difference between "I prefer lateralus/aenima to 10kd" and "the new album sucks."

If they all thought in a sober way, and look at it from a distance, comparing it to the whole rock scene, they would realize it is a masterpiece.

But people tend to look at it through lateralus-eyes and cannot come up with anything objective.

For me 10 kd is comparable to lateralus

In some areas lateralus is better, in others 10 ks prevails. For example, I prefer lateralus when it comes to instrumental parts (guitar work, drums ) whereas 10kd is more honest, more coherent - the band plays as one unit here, a very mature one. I also like lyrics more on 10kd

So in the end one day I prefer lateralus/aenima, the other day 10kd

Saying that the new album sucks is childlish and means that you cannot really recognize quality music.
hbynoe's Avatar hbynoe
05-12-2006, 03:48 PM

i think it is absurd to call any creation by tool irrelevant ..i mean we have facts.
we have six albums. each of them are special and unique.
each of them give us a little piece of the puzzle of who they are.
each of them are like children to me when i listen to them
sometimes they make you angry, sad, happy...it is all the journey
it is all about listening with and open yet retentive heart
never forgetting our compassion and our honesty.

yes.

Last edited by hbynoe; 05-12-2006 at 03:52 PM..
Old 05-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 801

i think it is absurd to call any creation by tool irrelevant ..i mean we have facts.
we have six albums. each of them are special and unique.
each of them give us a little piece of the puzzle of who they are.
each of them are like children to me when i listen to them
sometimes they make you angry, sad, happy...it is all the journey
it is all about listening with and open yet retentive heart
never forgetting our compassion and our honesty.

yes.

Last edited by hbynoe; 05-12-2006 at 03:52 PM..
Big Fat Matt's Avatar Big Fat Matt
05-12-2006, 03:51 PM

wow. you all are so right. yay for you guys.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
SUPER BACON GO!

Bincount™: 4155

wow. you all are so right. yay for you guys.
05-18-2006, 06:30 PM

i was a '10k days sucks' person

i was so hyped up for this new album, and after hearing vicarious i was even more hyped up, i dont think the rest of the album stood up to the thumping first single

it was getting over the initial disappointment, and accepting it for what it is... which i wasnt doing when i first heard it.. im still a long way from saying its tools best work, but it is tool, and it is growing on me
Old 05-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

i was a '10k days sucks' person

i was so hyped up for this new album, and after hearing vicarious i was even more hyped up, i dont think the rest of the album stood up to the thumping first single

it was getting over the initial disappointment, and accepting it for what it is... which i wasnt doing when i first heard it.. im still a long way from saying its tools best work, but it is tool, and it is growing on me

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply