opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 10-17-2005, 01:15 AM   #81
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996
Re: Signed Lateralus Vinyl!!!

an army of tools. rofl!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:55 PM   #82
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Signed Lateralus Vinyl - More To Come

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

So there you have it: SOME copies were made available to TA members during the chat. Here it is one more time for those who skim: The anniversary golden Coleman has finally arrived, and SOME copies of the autographed Lateralus vinyl went up for sale, with more to follow when the band members or their manager decide to release them (soon). “Nothing here is fucked…” The goddamned plane hasn’t crashed into the mountain! So watch the skies…
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:25 AM   #83
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Re: Signed Lateralus Vinyl - More To Come

looks like it's limited to 2,500 copies.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:46 PM   #84
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 22
Re: Signed Lateralus Vinyl - More To Come

However, I'd like you all to know that it was me who sent blair that last email to which he replied... You know, the one that starts out "help me out blair".

That was me.. killer...

Oh yeah, I am an asshole.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:57 PM   #85
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

indeed
Old 10-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #86
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 107
Update @ toolband.com

read it here or read it there:

LIMITED EDITION ISSUES

Having just returned home from the Midwest where I had to deal with a family emergency (my parents' milestone wedding anniversary), I was somewhat shocked to find so many emails from people wanting to know what was going on with a certain limited edition object of their heart’s desire… you know the one - it’s been the subject of many a news post on the Tool websites. But, of these numerous emails, I think this person put it best, if not brilliantly: SUBJECT: COOLER ALCHEMY

“I know from reading the newsletter how fond you are of extolling the virtues of your silver Coleman cooler (“keeps ice for three days”). I finally decided to see about getting one of my own. A visit to the website, however, uncovered something a little more interesting that I thought you might want to see.” http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...ategoryid=8501

Whoa!!! After all my letters over the years, it seems that the genius that is Sheldon Coleman Sr. will FINALLY be immortalized with the golden anniversary cooler (notice engraving of the canoeist, sportsman, businessman and future patron saint to beer tippers everywhere). Even though it seems that it has been Coleman’s obsession since 1900 to keep beers ice-cold, what many people don’t know is Coleman’s contributions to the soldiers of WWII with its antithesis, and for that alone the tribute to Sheldon Sr. is long over due. From perusing the Coleman website, it appears that the GOLDEN COLEMAN will be limited to 2,500 units, with a guarantee that each one performs heroically for future generations of beer drinkers, or for those who simply don’t want the ice for their margaritas to melt away as a result of the elements. And let’s not forget that latch!

My only problem with the BEAUTIFUL NEWS of the GOLDEN COLEMAN’S Nativity is that I wasn’t given a big heads up, and because I had a prior engagement, I hope I didn’t miss a chance to obtain one (rust-resistant channel drain!). For all the good things that I’ve said on these websites over the years about the silver Coleman’s “enhanced performance”, you’d think that the company would hire a plane to sky-write the announcement over my freakin’ home, or at least put it on the back of cartons of milk along with those missing children! As it turns out, if I don’t get one because of some lucky f**ks who beat me to it (because of my prior engagement), I want Sheldon Sr. and the entire Coleman Company to know that I shall be devastated, hurt, angry, and depressed. Who wouldn’t be to miss out on a magnificent golden ice-chest that alchemically transmutes shitty beers like Stag, Keystone, and Coors Lite into Red Stripe, Duval and Theakston Old Peculier! And all for a mere $149.00.

OTHER EMAIL

SUBJECT: HEY BLAIR

“Man, you are catching a lot of crap on ToolArmy about this vinyl thing… why? I didn’t have any problems getting one at all…”

ALLOW ME TO REPLY

You’d think that everyone except a girl in a freezer in Aruba is “devastated, hurt, angry and depressed” because they didn’t get their big heads up. But in reality, some, like the emailer, had no trouble obtaining one. For instance, during the chat, when MJK was asked what he was listening to these days, his reply was something like: Recently I’ve been listening to the hundred copies of signed Lateralus vinyl that I just bought (whether or not he’s listening to each individual copy I’m not sure, but either way, that should have at least been a nudge to those who were on-line at the time). And it WAS…

The band’s manager, some members of the band, a talking crow,(that knows a lama) and I (and Merch!) thought it might be nice to reward members of TA who participated in the chat/party, so it was decided to put SOME copies of the signed vinyl in the shopping bazaar for those who were on-line (after some band members were finished, so that people wouldn’t be distracted by what they had to say). When I informed people about the signed vinyl during the chat, many of them thought I was only kidding, so I asked the typist to repeat it until finally some people checked it out for themselves. I also know from various emails that many TA members were savvy enough to anticipate at least some copies being put in the store during the event (as the band has done in the past during these things). So there you have it: SOME copies were made available to TA members during the chat. Here it is one more time for those who skim: The anniversary golden Coleman has finally arrived, and SOME copies of the autographed Lateralus vinyl went up for sale, with more to follow when the band members or their manager decide to release them (soon). “Nothing here is fucked…” The goddamned plane hasn’t crashed into the mountain! So watch the skies…

And then there was this:

“Blair, help me out here. Apparently, the majority of tool fans believe the chat to be a hoax.. I find that to be utterly stupid. The source of all this confusion? Some dickweed on the tooltabs forum, claiming he 'hacked' into the chat and watched the administrators chatting amongst themselves. Not only do I doubt very seriously that this guy is an actual hacker (due to his conclusions), but I also consider this guy to be a total dumbass. Case in point, his chat logs. He posted them, yet it turns out that if one actually reads them, they realize the guy is full of shit. It clearly shows chat admins talking to one another, and then changing their screen names to the names of the band members so that the actual band members could chat. Some how, now, everyone seems fixed in this unfounded illusion that the band members are out to deceive them. said all that to say this, should the band really release such a great album to a bunch of overly speculative, impatient morons? Will said morons even have the mental, psycological, or emotional capacity to consume this music? I’d like to know your stance on the whole thing?”

MY REPLY:

Well, my friend, I think we’ve a lot of photoShop work to do for the October newsletter. If we make all the pictures that Camella and others took during the chat look really good, I think we should be able to fool those (fill in the blank) who think the whole thing was a hoax. Actually, after hearing some the ridiculous things people are saying out there, I personally wouldn’t blame the members of the band and their friends if they decided never to do another one. Not to worry, though, I’m sure they’re used to it by now… “It’s always the same people” who are complaining, as many emailers have observed.

Hopefully a transcript of the chat will be posted (I haven’t checked yet) for those who missed it. I thought it went as well as can be expected, and the Vegan pizza that Graves and I shared wasn’t to shabby either. I would also like to thank the band members and their musician friends who participated in the thing (Buzz, Camella, Reeder, Jeff, Aaron Harris, kaRIN, Kevin and a special thanks to Alex Grey for staying up late to answer questions from the members of TA). Big thanks also to our typists, Ann and Nicky from Satellite. And to Adam and Camella for hosting (I think I left some beer out on the deck).

www.toolband.com
Old 10-20-2005, 01:37 AM   #87
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.
an army of tools. rofl!
I guess that makes this place a navy of tools
Old 10-20-2005, 06:13 AM   #88
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHalo
I guess that makes this place a navy of tools
And you know what the navy is full of don't you?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:10 AM   #89
Watch the Weather Change

Re: Update @ toolband.com

hmmm???

wasnt this covered in the "albums"section??
Old 10-20-2005, 08:37 AM   #90
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by schism81
hmmm???

wasnt this covered in the "albums"section??
what does this have to do with the album?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #91
Watch the Weather Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertai
what does this have to do with the album?
because this update has already been brought up in the album section...
Old 10-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #92
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Mr. Brightwell et al.---wow, erased me completely...I could see deleting my second post here...but my first reply to /V\agina?...Sorry, but he did misuse the word "majority" when he spoke of Tool fans.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #93
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

I dont know if this has already been asked on this thread (because I dont feel like reading a whole bunch of shit). But can someone take pictures of the signed lateralus?
Old 10-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #94
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

I would like to see it too, I'm sure someone will post pics when they get it.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #95
Level 9 - Obstreperous

so, anybody received a shipment confirmation yet?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #96
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
so, anybody received a shipment confirmation yet?
negative good buddy

I imagine we wont until the newer batch are ready to be shipped
Old 11-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #97
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymotion
negative good buddy

I imagine we wont until the newer batch are ready to be shipped
my TA membership package was finally shipped the other day.

(come on msn.)
Old 11-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #98
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
my TA membership package was finally shipped the other day.
Yeah mine too. I joined in August. At least they are consistently slow with everything. I can see how it would take 3 months to ship a keychain, sticker, patch, card and piece of paper. And all that speed for $10 s/h too.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:30 AM   #99
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Old 12-18-2005, 05:52 AM   #100
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

Ryan., I think your framed album (unopened) and the other album (opened), that belongs to someone else, both look fantastic! I can't wait to get my signed copy in the mail in the next few days...

Anyway, my question to everyone is what do you think is best in terms of framing and displaying the signed record? I'm assuming that most people will want to frame and display/present their copy in someway, but what do you guys think is the best option? Should you leave the record case unopened (like Ryan.) or open it up to display one side of each disk and then frame it like that? Or is there another way... I'm sure some will suggest that it is better to keep the album in 'mint' condition by not actually opening it but then again, don't you want to actually see the signatures etc...?

Each to their own I guess, but all I do know is that mine will be getting framed and happily (and safely) displayed...

Just wondering what others think?
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego
Old 12-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #101
Level 9 - Obstreperous

i just wish that the signed version had a slightly different sticker, or something else on the front indicating that it is different from the regular version. whatever, i included the receipt in the frame that says it's signed. that'll have to do.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #102
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 22

Those first ones are mine.

How could you not open it? You have far more will power than I could ever have. I'm going to frame mine but I don't know how I want to do it quite yet. I'm waiting ro other people to post pictures of what they do to get some ideas. Now I finally have something worthy to put in my safe other than guns. :)
Old 12-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #103
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pris0n
Those first ones are mine.

How could you not open it? You have far more will power than I could ever have. I'm going to frame mine but I don't know how I want to do it quite yet. I'm waiting ro other people to post pictures of what they do to get some ideas. Now I finally have something worthy to put in my safe other than guns. :)

that's why i made sure i framed it as soon as it arrived, so i couldn't tear it open later. it shall remain in all its factory sealed glory!
Old 12-19-2005, 08:58 PM   #104
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

here are mine...I just snapped Adam's sig/drawing. I was extatic when I ripped open the plastic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../DSCF0003l.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d/DSCF0005.jpg
Old 12-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #105
Level 9 - Obstreperous

now i want to x-ray mine.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:32 AM   #106
tdn hottie

Bincount™: 35

i wouldnt get your hopes up. personally, i'm fucked off about my signed vinyl....purely because adam jones didnt sign it. one side is completely blank, so i only got 3 sigs. i'm gna give them shit for this :]
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 PM   #107
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by assailing eyes
i wouldnt get your hopes up. personally, i'm fucked off about my signed vinyl....purely because adam jones didnt sign it. one side is completely blank, so i only got 3 sigs. i'm gna give them shit for this :]

really? wow.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:05 PM   #108
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Old 12-21-2005, 04:15 AM   #109
tdn hottie

Quote:
really? wow.
yeah. whats worse is i dont know what i can do about it, because i didnt even get an invoice to prove i bought the signed version. i've messaged them about it, but i havent got a reply yet. its actually rly disappointing, seeing as all other ones ive seen pictures of have cool things written by adam :[
Old 12-21-2005, 04:24 AM   #110
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
yeah. whats worse is i dont know what i can do about it, because i didnt even get an invoice to prove i bought the signed version. i've messaged them about it, but i havent got a reply yet. its actually rly disappointing, seeing as all other ones ive seen pictures of have cool things written by adam :[
can you post a picture of each side?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #111
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

seamen
Old 12-22-2005, 02:26 AM   #112
tdn hottie

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22...yandjustin.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22...dblankside.jpg

danny's signature is faint, but you can make out its there. adam's should be in the second picture.

does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do about this?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:59 AM   #113
Level 9 - Obstreperous

i'd send a pm to merch at toolarmy
Old 12-22-2005, 04:03 AM   #114
tdn hottie

yeah i think i will. through the "contact" section? yeah, think i'll go do that right now.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:41 AM   #115
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
yeah i think i will. through the "contact" section? yeah, think i'll go do that right now.

yeah just view his profile and click "Send PM"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/ryanin/merchpm.jpg
Old 12-22-2005, 04:58 AM   #116
tdn hottie

thanks. i rly hope i hear something soon.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:20 AM   #117
Level 9 - Obstreperous

o rly?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:05 AM   #118
tdn hottie

lol.
yes.
really.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:06 PM   #119
Level 9 - Obstreperous

=D
Old 12-24-2005, 05:47 AM   #120
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

God bless the Christmas season and the world's postal services!

My signed Lateralus vinyl came earlier today (on Xmas eve) even though it's a Saturday... what a great early Xmas present!

As for Blair's latest post about going to the midwest, I've got no idea but I can not wait for April and the new album...

Merry Christmas everyone!
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: