opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 06-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #41
On Probation

Bincount™: 7
Re: Lateralus is about TOOL themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Does it really matter either way? Wouldn't Tool have something intelligent to say about their personal lives? Wouldn't they also be smart enough to relate to an abstract idea on a personal level?
it doesn't matter. none of this matters. let's not discuss any more, ever.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #42
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kody27 View Post
Borrrrrring. You didn't say it was one dimensional, i can just tell you're looking at it that way. Putting your finger on the meaning of all these songs is one dimension, there's really nothing that can convey the way the song makes you feel, especially by just re posting the lyrics and saying, LOOK SEE! If you think about maynard and the band's grudges while listening to tools music, then you obviously DON'T have quite the imagination.
But that's exactly where you missed my point altogether to begin with. I agree if that's all you think about is actually what it meant by the band then it is one dimensional. But it doesn't hurt to know what they meant by it while still formulating what it means to you. Yet you had to fucking argue with me about.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #43
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
it doesn't matter. none of this matters. let's not discuss any more, ever.
HAHA, you got pwned on that one...Kody finally has nothing to say to that one....how about you pop in some Tool and cry about it
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #44
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
HAHA, you got pwned on that one...Kody finally has nothing to say to that one....how about you pop in some Tool and cry about it
i know sarcasm is hard to interpret online, but let me go ahead post a sign ***Sarcasm*** There.
Of course it matters you dolts, God dammit if it didn't really matter then none of us would be on here wasting time staring like a fucking zombie into our monitors arguing about our own personal interpretations, but now we've turned it into a snake eating it's own tail looking at itself infinitely asking if it's existence even matters. OF COURSE it matters, I can discusss someones personal interpretation as opposed to mine all I want to because it's interesting and a learning process. There, does that satisfy you on why it matters to discuss Tool's reasonings and ways? Jesus can we move on with talking about actual substance and art?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #45
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
i know sarcasm is hard to interpret online, but let me go ahead post a sign ***Sarcasm*** There.
Of course it matters you dolts, God dammit if it didn't really matter then none of us would be on here wasting time staring like a fucking zombie into our monitors arguing about our own personal interpretations, but now we've turned it into a snake eating it's own tail looking at itself infinitely asking if it's existence even matters. OF COURSE it matters, I can discusss someones personal interpretation as opposed to mine all I want to because it's interesting and a learning process. There, does that satisfy you on why it matters to discuss Tool's reasonings and ways? Jesus can we move on with talking about actual substance and art?
I just painted a picture of Falcor hanging by a noose...it's a masterpiece
Old 06-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #46
On Probation

I'm flattered i could be a part of your masterpiece. If I had a noose, I would put valcor out of your misery so you could actually move on to say something relevant.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #47
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'm flattered i could be a part of your masterpiece. If I had a noose, I would put valcor out of your misery so you could actually move on to say something relevant.
As if you've added anything of signifigance
Old 06-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #48
On Probation

Quote:
As if you've added anything of signifigance
you mean significance? yeah i haven't. what is significant here, and what does that have to do with being relevant....hmmmmmm? THE MYSTERIOUS INNER EULOGY WILL TELL YOU NEXT TIME KIDS, SO TUUUNE IN
Old 06-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #49
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
BINGO

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: