opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 12-24-2005, 05:59 AM   #121
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996
Re: Signed Lateralus Vinyl!!!

^ pics.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:45 AM   #122
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan.
^ pics.
I will try to post pictures as soon as I can use a digital camera to take good enough pictures etc.

I'm thinking of framing it with obviously two discs showing, one with Adam's signature and the other with either Danny's or Justin's, as well as the artwork on the cover. I might use glass somehow to display Adam & Danny on one side and displaying Justin & Maynard on the other. That way, if i want to easily see either side/signatures, I can without taking the framing apart...

Also, not that I would ever sell my copy, but what do you think people would pay for such a thing: a framed, signed copy of the Lateralus vinyl?

Just an interesting thought, that's all. Suggest any price you like...
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 AM   #123
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw
I will try to post pictures as soon as I can use a digital camera to take good enough pictures etc.

I'm thinking of framing it with obviously two discs showing, one with Adam's signature and the other with either Danny's or Justin's, as well as the artwork on the cover. I might use glass somehow to display Adam & Danny on one side and displaying Justin & Maynard on the other. That way, if i want to easily see either side/signatures, I can without taking the framing apart...

Also, not that I would ever sell my copy, but what do you think people would pay for such a thing: a framed, signed copy of the Lateralus vinyl?

Just an interesting thought, that's all. Suggest any price you like...
I think a lot would depend on the sigs
especially Adams, the more elaborate the more it would be worth
Old 12-28-2005, 12:06 PM   #124
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 22

So which one is cooler?

Mine with the "Adam Jones was here X", the outline of the lateralus dude, or the one he drew on? Or maybe the one that was left blank.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #125
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

http://www.spiralysis.com/signedvinyl.html
Old 12-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #126
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

Well I finally opened up my signed copy and was more than satisfied. Sorry I don't have any photos yet but Maynard's, Danny's and Justin's are almost identical to those already posted (no real surprise) but Adam's is kinda unique. He has signed his name but has also added a thumb print in the same coloured pen as well as the word 'thumb' to help clarify. So not only do I have his signature but also a small piece of evidence of his that may one day help to solve a crime if he ever commits one...

I'm thinking of putting the Adam/Justin disc in a frame with glass on both sides and the same for the Danny/Maynard one so I can easily see both sides etc. Danny's signature actually looks really cool in purple.

Yes, I know, I have opened it and someone will bitch about how it is no longer in 'mint' condition but I don't really care. I haven't actually touched it with my fingers so it's still pretty good...

Just wondering what other unique Adam Jones signatures/designs people received?
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego
Old 01-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #127
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Latest news: 02 Jan 06
TOOL

During a recent “talking board” working, when I asked a specific entity that was summoned and bound via ceremonial magick techniques into the Triangle of Manifestation (i.e. into the clear plastic massage indicator on the planchette) if any more SIGNED copies of the “Lateralus” vinyl would be made available to members of the Tool ‘Collective’, the answer I received was “yes.” Although such entities (particularly lower astral elementals) are known to be notorious liars (tricksters might be a kinder word), after being repeatedly tested, I have come to the conclusion that the answer given by this particular manifestation (in a symbiotic relationship with human bio-magnetism) was intended to be truthful. Therefore, once ‘Merch’ confirms this, I will post any relevant details. But that’s not all I asked the entity. Since my hands have been tied, so to speak, with regards to so many of your Tool-related questions (especially those having to do with the new record), I decided to remove the violet silk cover from my store-bought oracle (my Parker Brothers 1967 deluxe edition Ouija board, no less) in order to evoke a disincarnated entity from its astral residence (an elemental that hopefully has attained “Tiphareth” aspects of consciousness and, as such, is above the antics of those who wander in Yesod’s shadows, or, even worse, wallow in the Malkuthian mire) to see how it would respond to the FAQ. I am currently in the process of transcribing the gist of this Enochian-based “talking board” ritual as it was recorded by the scribe (in this case, a battery operated voice recorder), and hope to have it posted soon.

BMB
Old 01-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #128
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
Latest news: 02 Jan 06
TOOL

During a recent “talking board” working, when I asked a specific entity that was summoned and bound via ceremonial magick techniques into the Triangle of Manifestation (i.e. into the clear plastic massage indicator on the planchette) if any more SIGNED copies of the “Lateralus” vinyl would be made available to members of the Tool ‘Collective’, the answer I received was “yes.” Although such entities (particularly lower astral elementals) are known to be notorious liars (tricksters might be a kinder word), after being repeatedly tested, I have come to the conclusion that the answer given by this particular manifestation (in a symbiotic relationship with human bio-magnetism) was intended to be truthful. Therefore, once ‘Merch’ confirms this, I will post any relevant details. But that’s not all I asked the entity. Since my hands have been tied, so to speak, with regards to so many of your Tool-related questions (especially those having to do with the new record), I decided to remove the violet silk cover from my store-bought oracle (my Parker Brothers 1967 deluxe edition Ouija board, no less) in order to evoke a disincarnated entity from its astral residence (an elemental that hopefully has attained “Tiphareth” aspects of consciousness and, as such, is above the antics of those who wander in Yesod’s shadows, or, even worse, wallow in the Malkuthian mire) to see how it would respond to the FAQ. I am currently in the process of transcribing the gist of this Enochian-based “talking board” ritual as it was recorded by the scribe (in this case, a battery operated voice recorder), and hope to have it posted soon.

BMB

I was just about to post this. I think I may repost it as its own topic since it is relevant to the new album and some people may or may not pursue this topic again.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #129
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

I got my copy
Old 02-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #130
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetypically
You guys all spent that much money to get record just because it was touched by the hands of Tool?

The band members are geniuses. Ever notice how they have their fans walking around with shirts on that say "tool". Fucking hilarious.

Easy now cowgirl! Since the beginning of rock the autograph of a Great musician has been viewed as one of the best souvenirs for an avid fan.

And the fact that they are laminating the signature right after they are signed just shows their appreciation to the crazy fanatic collector.

Wish I could have got one. But I do have the unsigned one. =)

Are there any left?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #131
Watch the Weather Change

^No..
Old 02-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #132
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Does anyone know how many of these have been sold now?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #133
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 130

Damn!

im sure one will end up on E-bay for like 900.00 some day.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #134
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_Dark
Damn!

im sure one will end up on E-bay for like 900.00 some day.
A couple have already.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #135
Watch the Weather Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimb
Does anyone know how many of these have been sold now?
The total amount is 300 I believe.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #136
Level 9 - Obstreperous

as i was saying when i bumped this thread, more signed copies of lateralus went up.

i'm sure plenty of you were offended when i posted a screencap from Toolarmy of some text, right? thank you for deleting it, paraflux. i don't know what we would have done.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #137
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
as i was saying when i bumped this thread, more signed copies of lateralus went up.

i'm sure plenty of you were offended when i posted a screencap from Toolarmy of some text, right? thank you for deleting it, paraflux. i don't know what we would have done.
Considering that only TA members can buy it, I have no idea why this would need to be removed.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #138
meh.

Bincount™: 1074

Quote:
Perhaps you failed to read the ToolArmy TOS.

Quote:
Before you continue, please note that all content contained on the free www.toolarmy.com website (visual, audio, written or otherwise) is copyright TOOLARMY.COM. Any unauthorized use, selling, or sharing of this content shall be considered a breach of copyright. Toolarmy.com reserves the right to revoke access to the Site to anyone at any time, without prior warning. Access may be revoked if the administrators of the Site feel a user is intentionally misusing the Site by sharing his/her password, selling or publishing information from this Site in any form, or engaging in any other activity deemed inappropriate. The administrators reserve the right to use their own discretion in making this judgement.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #139
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Quote:
thank you for deleting it, paraflux. i don't know what we would have done.
welcome

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: