Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitbox
All of you saying that $65 is a bargain for a concert ticket are complete idiots.

That, or you never go to concerts and therefore have no idea how much concert tickets usually cost.

For the kind of high I get out of watching Tool live, I think 300$ would be cheap.

Besdes that mate, for about the 502nd time today.... ahh fuck it cant be bothered.... read my lengthy post above.....
Old 04-19-2006, 05:03 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
Re: NOT ANOTHER CENT

Quote:
All of you saying that $65 is a bargain for a concert ticket are complete idiots.

That, or you never go to concerts and therefore have no idea how much concert tickets usually cost.

For the kind of high I get out of watching Tool live, I think 300$ would be cheap.

Besdes that mate, for about the 502nd time today.... ahh fuck it cant be bothered.... read my lengthy post above.....
OFFLINE |  
jitbox's Avatar jitbox
04-19-2006, 05:17 AM

Look, I'm not saying they don't work hard, or that it's not worth 65 a pop to see them live.

I saw them in Chicago on their US mini-tour back in 2001 at a small venue, and I would love to recreate that experience. However, $65 dollars is a lot to ask, especially since many people are just going to put the tickets on eBay anyway, and charge much more than the face value of the tickets.

To put this in perspective, let's see what some other acts are charging for tickets these days:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - $14
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

Every one of those bands above is rather popular. Not one of them comes close to the exorbitant price for a Tool concert.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:17 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Look, I'm not saying they don't work hard, or that it's not worth 65 a pop to see them live.

I saw them in Chicago on their US mini-tour back in 2001 at a small venue, and I would love to recreate that experience. However, $65 dollars is a lot to ask, especially since many people are just going to put the tickets on eBay anyway, and charge much more than the face value of the tickets.

To put this in perspective, let's see what some other acts are charging for tickets these days:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

Every one of those bands above is rather popular. Not one of them comes close to the exorbitant price for a Tool concert.
OFFLINE |  
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
04-19-2006, 05:17 AM

65 dollars is not even one days pay.

I paid 35 bucks to see metallica in 92.
it is now 14 years later and the price of a ticket for the best band that ever existed is 65 bucks. Well, boo fuckin hoo. thats a 20 dollar difference. Chump change. Get a real job. I would gladly pay 100 bucks for An Evening with Tool. No gimme's, no special passes, no autographs. Just to see and experience the art. As is. Im glad Ive made them all rich as hell. Its given them time to make some great music, without worrying about where theyre gonna get the money to record. Its pure music, no satisfying record labels or expectations. Just keep the music coming Tool.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/markmattermusic.htm

www.matter4u.com pics and music

Last edited by k~nug; 04-19-2006 at 05:20 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 05:17 AM   #43
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I paid 35 bucks to see metallica in 92.
it is now 14 years later and the price of a ticket for the best band that ever existed is 65 bucks. Well, boo fuckin hoo. thats a 20 dollar difference. Chump change. Get a real job. I would gladly pay 100 bucks for An Evening with Tool. No gimme's, no special passes, no autographs. Just to see and experience the art. As is. Im glad Ive made them all rich as hell. Its given them time to make some great music, without worrying about where theyre gonna get the money to record. Its pure music, no satisfying record labels or expectations. Just keep the music coming Tool.

Last edited by k~nug; 04-19-2006 at 05:20 AM..
OFFLINE |  
jitbox's Avatar jitbox
04-19-2006, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k~nug
That's beside the point. See my post above. Tool charges more for their concerts than any band of consequence at this point.

Quote:
Chump change. Get a real job. I would gladly pay 100 bucks for An Evening with Tool.
I have a real job.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:22 AM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
That's beside the point. See my post above. Tool charges more for their concerts than any band of consequence at this point.

Quote:
Chump change. Get a real job. I would gladly pay 100 bucks for An Evening with Tool.
I have a real job.
OFFLINE |  
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
04-19-2006, 05:24 AM

Quote:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

Other than NiN, it sounds like your comparing the cost of hot dogs to a filet mingnon. ( no offense, but Tool puts on a whole experience, not just a band playing tunes.)

Edit: also, the reason I say that is that Tool has put on a better show than any other act Ive ever seen, not to knock the talent of any of the artists you listed.

Last edited by k~nug; 04-19-2006 at 05:27 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #45

Quote:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

Other than NiN, it sounds like your comparing the cost of hot dogs to a filet mingnon. ( no offense, but Tool puts on a whole experience, not just a band playing tunes.)

Edit: also, the reason I say that is that Tool has put on a better show than any other act Ive ever seen, not to knock the talent of any of the artists you listed.

Last edited by k~nug; 04-19-2006 at 05:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
04-19-2006, 05:25 AM

Quote:

I have a real job.
that post was in reference to the threadstarter.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:25 AM   #46

Quote:

I have a real job.
that post was in reference to the threadstarter.

OFFLINE |  
jitbox's Avatar jitbox
04-19-2006, 05:25 AM

I've seen Tool 3 times. I know what their shows are like.

I've also seen each of the bands listed above. If you think I'm comparing hot dogs to filet mignon, you're sorely mistaken.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:25 AM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I've also seen each of the bands listed above. If you think I'm comparing hot dogs to filet mignon, you're sorely mistaken.
OFFLINE |  
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
04-19-2006, 05:29 AM

Quote:

well to each his own. Its worth it for me I guess. I've seen them 4 times, once getting great seats beside the stage. Every penny paid was worth it.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #48

Quote:

well to each his own. Its worth it for me I guess. I've seen them 4 times, once getting great seats beside the stage. Every penny paid was worth it.

OFFLINE |  
jitbox's Avatar jitbox
04-19-2006, 05:30 AM

I am not saying it's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
See? I already said it!

I'm saying that the people who think that $65 is cheap or a bargain are complete idiots.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:30 AM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I am not saying it's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
See? I already said it!

I'm saying that the people who think that $65 is cheap or a bargain are complete idiots.
OFFLINE |  
k~nug's Avatar k~nug
04-19-2006, 05:31 AM

But I say it is a bargain. and its cheap compared to what I take away.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 AM   #50

But I say it is a bargain. and its cheap compared to what I take away.

OFFLINE |  
RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 05:36 AM

Quote:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

The only one of these bands that I can see as being worthy of charging alot is NIN. I saw them play a while ago in Melbourne, and the charge was 90$ AUD. The average Australian ticket price at the moment is around the 100$ mark, for an international act that puts on a good show. The other artists that you mentioned, i have never seen here. Doesnt mean that they are great and all, but still comparing small to big time.
When a band has to tour internationalla alot, their prices tend to soar, because it costs more. International Travel costs money, so does equipment in other countries, with the ever changing dollar value.
Bands like NIN have been in the game a long time, playing big shows for a long time, and are better at hiding new releases, in theory, better educated at loss prevention on the internet.
If a band like Tool were to set their break even different at their shows to make sure that a loss wouldnt occur, it is only due to us all, and how much we have downladed. In an interview I watched recently of Maynard in australia, he quoted that Tool is his job. It is his unique little way of paying the bills. I dont blame them for wanting to be secure and all, especially with the amount of internet piracy that is happening.
I dont care either way how much they charge for a show, sometimes, it may be steep, but do you get your moneys worth? Yes. People who have either worked in the industry, been a part of a group, etc, had to tour before, they all know how much money that bands dont get to see. Here is a point. From every album sold, most bands only get to see a dollar. 5 million albums sold worldwide = 5,000,000 dollars for the band over 5 years, or until next record. That is 1,250,000 per band member. That equivelates to a 250,000 dollar budget per band member per year based on a 5 mil sales. When a band is on tour, they are pretty much forced to live the high life, because when you are on the road, everything is so much more expensive. You need to spend time on the road to understand this.
With live shows, a percentage is also taken to cover the record. This leaves them with not much else, and of course the whole time, they hope to break even.
In theory, this is not much. Plus the, what, 10 cent royalty per radio play... at least from those who report that they have played that track....

There is so much more i can explain, and I am telling you, they are only being fair.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

The only one of these bands that I can see as being worthy of charging alot is NIN. I saw them play a while ago in Melbourne, and the charge was 90$ AUD. The average Australian ticket price at the moment is around the 100$ mark, for an international act that puts on a good show. The other artists that you mentioned, i have never seen here. Doesnt mean that they are great and all, but still comparing small to big time.
When a band has to tour internationalla alot, their prices tend to soar, because it costs more. International Travel costs money, so does equipment in other countries, with the ever changing dollar value.
Bands like NIN have been in the game a long time, playing big shows for a long time, and are better at hiding new releases, in theory, better educated at loss prevention on the internet.
If a band like Tool were to set their break even different at their shows to make sure that a loss wouldnt occur, it is only due to us all, and how much we have downladed. In an interview I watched recently of Maynard in australia, he quoted that Tool is his job. It is his unique little way of paying the bills. I dont blame them for wanting to be secure and all, especially with the amount of internet piracy that is happening.
I dont care either way how much they charge for a show, sometimes, it may be steep, but do you get your moneys worth? Yes. People who have either worked in the industry, been a part of a group, etc, had to tour before, they all know how much money that bands dont get to see. Here is a point. From every album sold, most bands only get to see a dollar. 5 million albums sold worldwide = 5,000,000 dollars for the band over 5 years, or until next record. That is 1,250,000 per band member. That equivelates to a 250,000 dollar budget per band member per year based on a 5 mil sales. When a band is on tour, they are pretty much forced to live the high life, because when you are on the road, everything is so much more expensive. You need to spend time on the road to understand this.
With live shows, a percentage is also taken to cover the record. This leaves them with not much else, and of course the whole time, they hope to break even.
In theory, this is not much. Plus the, what, 10 cent royalty per radio play... at least from those who report that they have played that track....

There is so much more i can explain, and I am telling you, they are only being fair.
OFFLINE |  
jitbox's Avatar jitbox
04-19-2006, 05:37 AM

Quote:
its cheap compared to what I take away.
What do you take away? Is it a 35 dollar refund?
Old 04-19-2006, 05:37 AM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
its cheap compared to what I take away.
What do you take away? Is it a 35 dollar refund?
OFFLINE |  
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
04-19-2006, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Nobody is forcing you guys to buy anything.
not true. ever hear a song called Hooker with a Penis?
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 AM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Nobody is forcing you guys to buy anything.
not true. ever hear a song called Hooker with a Penis?
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
OFFLINE |  
B vs F
04-19-2006, 05:43 AM

tool are going to play for free in madrid (spain)... :)
Old 04-19-2006, 05:43 AM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

tool are going to play for free in madrid (spain)... :)
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 05:45 AM

stfu
Old 04-19-2006, 05:45 AM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

stfu
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 05:46 AM

i get to see them in a 5,000 person venue.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #56
Level 8 - Vociferous

i get to see them in a 5,000 person venue.
OFFLINE |  
RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 05:48 AM

I'd willingly pay 500$ to see them at Red Rocks.....
Old 04-19-2006, 05:48 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'd willingly pay 500$ to see them at Red Rocks.....
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 05:49 AM

Correction, 3,119 person venue.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #58
Level 8 - Vociferous

Correction, 3,119 person venue.
OFFLINE |  
anagram?
04-19-2006, 05:53 AM

Unless you're 15 and have little/no money, how can you complain about paying $65? First of all, the mini tour is, as far as I know, all occuring in "intimate setting," small venues. I would be surprised if they charge $65 when they tour the 20,000 seat arenas later in the year...but I'd still pay it. They're my favorite band by far...I've been to a bunch of their concerts and every single one was amazing. You can take your wife to a steakhouse and spend a lot more than $65 for one meal that you won't remember the following week. A Tool show, you'll remember for years.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:53 AM   #59
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Unless you're 15 and have little/no money, how can you complain about paying $65? First of all, the mini tour is, as far as I know, all occuring in "intimate setting," small venues. I would be surprised if they charge $65 when they tour the 20,000 seat arenas later in the year...but I'd still pay it. They're my favorite band by far...I've been to a bunch of their concerts and every single one was amazing. You can take your wife to a steakhouse and spend a lot more than $65 for one meal that you won't remember the following week. A Tool show, you'll remember for years.
04-19-2006, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagram?
Unless you're 15 and have little/no money, how can you complain about paying $65?
Wow, you're really stupid.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:56 AM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagram?
Unless you're 15 and have little/no money, how can you complain about paying $65?
OFFLINE |  
anagram?
04-19-2006, 05:58 AM

Quote:
With all due respect, I'm not the one whining about $65.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 AM   #61
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
With all due respect, I'm not the one whining about $65.
04-19-2006, 06:00 AM

With all due respect, you think that Tool charging more than twice what they charged in 2001 for the same deal is perfectly acceptable.

Also, for some reason, you evidently think that unless one is 15, pissing away 65 dollars at a moment's notice is something everyone should be comfortable with doing.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 AM   #62
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

With all due respect, you think that Tool charging more than twice what they charged in 2001 for the same deal is perfectly acceptable.

Also, for some reason, you evidently think that unless one is 15, pissing away 65 dollars at a moment's notice is something everyone should be comfortable with doing.
OFFLINE |  
FistFck's Avatar FistFck
04-19-2006, 06:04 AM

with all due respect. both of you stop. 65 is a high price for a concert. but 65 is also worth seein tool. so both of you are right. now stop. :) just love one another.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
Old 04-19-2006, 06:04 AM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

with all due respect. both of you stop. 65 is a high price for a concert. but 65 is also worth seein tool. so both of you are right. now stop. :) just love one another.
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
OFFLINE |  
anagram?
04-19-2006, 06:06 AM

Quote:

Again, this is a small venue mini-tour. It costs the band money to travel, move their equipment around the country, pay for the opening act(s), and all the other crap that goes along with playing a show. If they play a 3,000 seat venue and charge $65, that's less than $200k (before paying for their costs). If they play a 20,000 seat arena and charge $30, that's 600k. Same work, same travel costs...they're giving their fans a chance to see them in a small, intimate setting, which is much different than seeing them in a huge arena. If you don't think it's worth the extra money, wait for the arena tour, which will be awesome, too. I don't think they'll be charging $65 for that. And I don't think seeing Tool is "pissing away" money. If you do, then don't see them. Someone will buy your ticket.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 AM   #64
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Again, this is a small venue mini-tour. It costs the band money to travel, move their equipment around the country, pay for the opening act(s), and all the other crap that goes along with playing a show. If they play a 3,000 seat venue and charge $65, that's less than $200k (before paying for their costs). If they play a 20,000 seat arena and charge $30, that's 600k. Same work, same travel costs...they're giving their fans a chance to see them in a small, intimate setting, which is much different than seeing them in a huge arena. If you don't think it's worth the extra money, wait for the arena tour, which will be awesome, too. I don't think they'll be charging $65 for that. And I don't think seeing Tool is "pissing away" money. If you do, then don't see them. Someone will buy your ticket.
04-19-2006, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_kNOw_THE_I
and it's also noteworthy that this could be completely unrelated to the fact that you and countless numbers of the other radiotool fans, who just love how rockin' that sober song is, are absolutely fucking retarded.
i totally agree.i saw tool at the tabernacle in atlanta on the lateralus mini tour.there was at least 15 to 20 people saying "i hope we get our $40 dollars worth and they play sober and judith.im sorry but we dont need people like that at a tool show and if the band knew they were saying shit like that in the audience,im sure tool theirselves would be happy to give your money back just so you wouldnt show up again.please people 65 bucks to see tool live,its a bargain if u think about it.i myself would pay up to 200 bucks a ticket.i think its well worth it but hey thats just me.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:07 AM   #65
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_kNOw_THE_I
and it's also noteworthy that this could be completely unrelated to the fact that you and countless numbers of the other radiotool fans, who just love how rockin' that sober song is, are absolutely fucking retarded.
i totally agree.i saw tool at the tabernacle in atlanta on the lateralus mini tour.there was at least 15 to 20 people saying "i hope we get our $40 dollars worth and they play sober and judith.im sorry but we dont need people like that at a tool show and if the band knew they were saying shit like that in the audience,im sure tool theirselves would be happy to give your money back just so you wouldnt show up again.please people 65 bucks to see tool live,its a bargain if u think about it.i myself would pay up to 200 bucks a ticket.i think its well worth it but hey thats just me.
OFFLINE |  
jitbox's Avatar jitbox
04-19-2006, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Again, this is a small venue mini-tour.
I am looking at my ticket stub from the 2001 Tool show at the Riveria in Chicago right now. It says "29.50 + .50 facility fee" on it. This was from the 2001 mini-tour, where they played smaller venues.

They are charging more than twice what they charged 5 years ago for the same deal. I am right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFck
with all due respect. both of you stop.
okay.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:08 AM   #66
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Again, this is a small venue mini-tour.
I am looking at my ticket stub from the 2001 Tool show at the Riveria in Chicago right now. It says "29.50 + .50 facility fee" on it. This was from the 2001 mini-tour, where they played smaller venues.

They are charging more than twice what they charged 5 years ago for the same deal. I am right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFck
with all due respect. both of you stop.
okay.
OFFLINE |  
TrickyPollack's Avatar TrickyPollack
04-19-2006, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyjonny
Ive seen Tool in concert twice. I own every release that Tool has put out to this date. I even wasted money on those 2 useless dvd singles. Like every other geek that has ever posted on this site, I have spent hundreds of hours researching anything tool related. And i have only come to realize that this band really hates their fans. They dont like being idolized, or exaulted, or treated as anything other then equal. Yet they regard us as complete unworthy imbeciles. They even have the nerve to set up an official following (Tool Army) which quite frankly, to me, sounds like a scam no different than the catholic church. Charging us money for little badges and presales and the the hope to maybe chat with a godly band member from time to time. And now... the nerve to charge 65 dollars for a concert ticket. Well Tool (I know youre reading all of this obsessively).... I would like to thank you for all the great music you have given me... it has been life changing and all that nauseating crap Ive read in these forums about umpteen thousand times. But you aint getting another penny from me. Im sure you'll be fine financially, but drop me a line if you really need the money.

Well, thanks for letting us know....you know, 'cause we were all actually worrying ourselves with whether or not you were gonna stick around, but now we can rest easy. THANKS BUUUUUDDDDY!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:19 AM   #67
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Ive seen Tool in concert twice. I own every release that Tool has put out to this date. I even wasted money on those 2 useless dvd singles. Like every other geek that has ever posted on this site, I have spent hundreds of hours researching anything tool related. And i have only come to realize that this band really hates their fans. They dont like being idolized, or exaulted, or treated as anything other then equal. Yet they regard us as complete unworthy imbeciles. They even have the nerve to set up an official following (Tool Army) which quite frankly, to me, sounds like a scam no different than the catholic church. Charging us money for little badges and presales and the the hope to maybe chat with a godly band member from time to time. And now... the nerve to charge 65 dollars for a concert ticket. Well Tool (I know youre reading all of this obsessively).... I would like to thank you for all the great music you have given me... it has been life changing and all that nauseating crap Ive read in these forums about umpteen thousand times. But you aint getting another penny from me. Im sure you'll be fine financially, but drop me a line if you really need the money.

Well, thanks for letting us know....you know, 'cause we were all actually worrying ourselves with whether or not you were gonna stick around, but now we can rest easy. THANKS BUUUUUDDDDY!
04-19-2006, 06:24 AM

Ever consider that they're charging the high prices to keep dedicated fans in, and everybody else out? The average alt-rock radio junkie will say "wow, Tool!! cool, I think I'll check it out - $65!! Fuck that!!" and walk away. And even if they were willing to spend the money, they'd have to put forth some serious effort in order to even have a chance at getting tickets (or pay out the ass to a scalper).

I'm glad it's $65. That's an extra $20-30 out of my pocket, but I think it leaves more tickets for dedicated fans because most people won't pay that.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Old 04-19-2006, 06:24 AM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Ever consider that they're charging the high prices to keep dedicated fans in, and everybody else out? The average alt-rock radio junkie will say "wow, Tool!! cool, I think I'll check it out - $65!! Fuck that!!" and walk away. And even if they were willing to spend the money, they'd have to put forth some serious effort in order to even have a chance at getting tickets (or pay out the ass to a scalper).

I'm glad it's $65. That's an extra $20-30 out of my pocket, but I think it leaves more tickets for dedicated fans because most people won't pay that.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |  
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessDrone

Ding ding ding ding.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #69
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessDrone

Ding ding ding ding.
OFFLINE |  
RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 06:34 AM

as long as they dont start charging the same amount as it is to see Barbara Streisand, I'll be happy...

.....not that I like Barbara Streisand or nothing.....
Old 04-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

as long as they dont start charging the same amount as it is to see Barbara Streisand, I'll be happy...

.....not that I like Barbara Streisand or nothing.....
OFFLINE |  
04-19-2006, 06:42 AM

$65 is not a lot of money. I could hustle that in half a deal.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:42 AM   #71
Level 8 - Vociferous

$65 is not a lot of money. I could hustle that in half a deal.
OFFLINE |  
The Let Down's Avatar The Let Down
04-19-2006, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_THE_HAT
Question.... have you ever played a tour? Have you ever releaser a record? Have you ever had to pay for a tour yourself? No. So shut the fuck up.
umm have you?

Classic: "The middle class don't open vineyards".

rofl
Old 04-19-2006, 06:50 AM   #72

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Question.... have you ever played a tour? Have you ever releaser a record? Have you ever had to pay for a tour yourself? No. So shut the fuck up.
umm have you?

rofl
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Let Down
umm have you?

rofl
um, as a matter of fact mate, yes. May 2001 - July 2001 Australia East Coast tour. Played about 30 shows in that time, came home completely broke. Band broke up in 2002 due to not being able to pay to maintain equipment.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:54 AM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
umm have you?

rofl
um, as a matter of fact mate, yes. May 2001 - July 2001 Australia East Coast tour. Played about 30 shows in that time, came home completely broke. Band broke up in 2002 due to not being able to pay to maintain equipment.
OFFLINE |  
The Let Down's Avatar The Let Down
04-19-2006, 06:56 AM

Quote:
but on the flip side of that, tool is a big draw. they're playing more shows, getting more fans, selling more merchandise.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #74

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
but on the flip side of that, tool is a big draw. they're playing more shows, getting more fans, selling more merchandise.
04-19-2006, 06:57 AM

There are a lot of poor people on here it seems...
Old 04-19-2006, 06:57 AM   #75
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

There are a lot of poor people on here it seems...
RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 07:01 AM

Quote:

The break even in a big show is no different to the break even in a small show. At a small show, you need to cater for a smaller group of people, thus sell less merch. At a bigger show, it is no difference, only more money comes out of it, which pays the higher costs of putting together such a show. Your earnings only go up slowly, pretty much just enough to get yout through. It all makes sense that they charge like they do, trust me!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

The break even in a big show is no different to the break even in a small show. At a small show, you need to cater for a smaller group of people, thus sell less merch. At a bigger show, it is no difference, only more money comes out of it, which pays the higher costs of putting together such a show. Your earnings only go up slowly, pretty much just enough to get yout through. It all makes sense that they charge like they do, trust me!
OFFLINE |  
Ming's Avatar Ming
04-19-2006, 08:36 AM

Waahh. My pussy hurts. 65 dollars. waahh. ROFL. Ridiculous. Try going to an NFL or other pro sport game these days.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #77
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166

Waahh. My pussy hurts. 65 dollars. waahh. ROFL. Ridiculous. Try going to an NFL or other pro sport game these days.
04-19-2006, 08:40 AM

SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 AM   #78
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32

SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE
OFFLINE |  
Emericana's Avatar Emericana
04-19-2006, 08:43 AM

Quote:

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and BUY
Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Quote:

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and BUY
OFFLINE |  
symbiosis's Avatar symbiosis
04-19-2006, 08:48 AM

They have to get their revenue somehow... no one buys CDs anymore.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #80
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1891

They have to get their revenue somehow... no one buys CDs anymore.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply