opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 08-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110
Really accurate video interpretation...

This wasn't my idea..I got it from a youtube comment, i was looking for it but the video was removed (obviously with the comments as well), so kudos to this person who came up with this idea, maybe youre on tdn, if so you can fill in the void...cuz i dont remember everything...

I don't remember the explanation for the white dudes in the beginning, but it was pretty good.

What I do remember, though, is the explanation for parts after. So, the dude is confined to his world, the little cubed room. That's all he knows. Then he starts meditating (when he puts his head in the little container). His consciousness (the floating grape) starts existing, and as a result a window to "reality" exists.

The little guy is the big guy's ego. He's afraid, wants to stay in the room. But, the grapes (consciousness) eventually kills the little guy. At first, the self realized dude--being human and all--is angry, and afraid. He has lost his ego.

However, he follows consciousness into true reality and obtains true enlightenment.

It was explained better than this...but I just remember thinking that the dude who posted this idea hit the nail on the head...it seemed really accurate as to what the band was portraying given the song, the context of the album, the art, etc.

Just thought I'd share..and if you're here dude speak up! you would do your theory more justice than i would!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #2

Bincount™:
Re: Really accurate video interpretation...

sorry I'm so late to notice this, but I haven't said this yet. I AM interested in this panel, and will be going as long as there are no troubles with my artist alley selling. I won't be able to dress lolita, unfortunately, but I'll bring my rococo spirit anyway! I'm PrincessMuffins on livejournal, by the way.
Coach outletMovies Online
download moviesdownload animation
Old 09-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
a vampire, a lycan

Bincount™: 2264

hahaha
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

the white doods are record execs and business men. the are opening a box of "drugs" to give to their artists.

saying here, take this, it will help you make art that we can sell.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

seems irrelevant to me...but maybe
Old 01-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

He was quoting the commentary on the DVD.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Its incredible how good tool is and how creatively badass everything they do is.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post
the white doods are record execs and business men. the are opening a box of "drugs" to give to their artists.

saying here, take this, it will help you make art that we can sell.
I've thought that. But have also considered that the apple is the artist, which the execs dissect, examine, define, bid on, forge a contract, signing in black vomit. The gesture of the hands manipulating the "signature" might be Tool suggesting that they don't like to play by the label's "rules".

I like the interp of the rest of the video. I suppose that would offer the idea that as it moves into the second portion of the video that the man stops and destroys the swinging rocks because he wishes to destroy anything that could damage his ego.

Cutting the little guy in half? Perhaps examining what spawned his ego in the first place, understanding where it came from may help in keeping it from coming back again in the future.

I also find it interesting that he has bizarre twig bush shaped in a menacing face... prehaps a representation of a "false" reality with which he identifies with. The trees and leaves outside, the true reality.

Yes, I like this.

And the grapes of doom.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post

Cutting the little guy in half? Perhaps examining what spawned his ego in the first place, understanding where it came from may help in keeping it from coming back again in the future.
To me, either it's how human the ego is, ie the inside is just like our inside. Or, it's just tool showing how detailed their art is, taking the time to show you some really good craftsmanship.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

you forgot to include the tree of life

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: