Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: will adam be able to make up riffs that arent identical to all the other ones
yes 50 70.42%
no 21 29.58%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Orph8998's Avatar Orph8998
04-29-2005, 11:19 AM

to all of you who are guilty, STOP SAYING THAT "JUST BECAUSE HE IS NOT COMPLEX DOES NOT MEAN HE ISN'T GOOD..." we know, we are not saying he should be clomplex
as holy said, more experimental and "creative"...
Old 04-29-2005, 11:19 AM   #81
On Probation

Bincount™: 293
Re: will adam learn to play songs differently now?

to all of you who are guilty, STOP SAYING THAT "JUST BECAUSE HE IS NOT COMPLEX DOES NOT MEAN HE ISN'T GOOD..." we know, we are not saying he should be clomplex
as holy said, more experimental and "creative"...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
TheNothingSong's Avatar TheNothingSong
04-30-2005, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isac Khrondor
It's the hardest bit in the song, but it's still really easy to play, did you struggle with it?
not really, i learnt the song by ear so i was playing it a pretty simple ( and wrong ) way. something up on the 10th/12th fret but then i had a look at the tabs and sorted it out. whats the hardest tool you have came across. someone was saying a while back in a different thread about the plucking to H. being complicated but i havnt tried to play it..

I think adam and justin write the riffs together and that adam will write some of the bass, sometimes. the way they have combined the bass and guitar (like in forty-six & two) is something i havnt seen in any other music. all of the riffs are pleasing to listen to and play. metal riffs often are not.

Last edited by TheNothingSong; 05-01-2005 at 02:37 AM..
Old 04-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #82
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
It's the hardest bit in the song, but it's still really easy to play, did you struggle with it?
not really, i learnt the song by ear so i was playing it a pretty simple ( and wrong ) way. something up on the 10th/12th fret but then i had a look at the tabs and sorted it out. whats the hardest tool you have came across. someone was saying a while back in a different thread about the plucking to H. being complicated but i havnt tried to play it..

I think adam and justin write the riffs together and that adam will write some of the bass, sometimes. the way they have combined the bass and guitar (like in forty-six & two) is something i havnt seen in any other music. all of the riffs are pleasing to listen to and play. metal riffs often are not.

Last edited by TheNothingSong; 05-01-2005 at 02:37 AM..
Intolerance's Avatar Intolerance
05-01-2005, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hat
I'd like to see some clapton-esque fingerstyle on the newy ...
I'd like to keep Eric Clapton as far the fuck away from Tool as possible, please. Let APC play around with that shit, and let Tool be Tool.
throats of little. OTTERS."
- Christopher Walken

Last edited by Intolerance; 05-01-2005 at 01:50 AM..
Old 05-01-2005, 01:47 AM   #83
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hat
I'd like to see some clapton-esque fingerstyle on the newy ...
I'd like to keep Eric Clapton as far the fuck away from Tool as possible, please. Let APC play around with that shit, and let Tool be Tool.
- Christopher Walken

Last edited by Intolerance; 05-01-2005 at 01:50 AM..
SiGuy's Avatar SiGuy
05-01-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intolerance
I'd like to keep Eric Clapton as far the fuck away from Tool as possible, please.
last time i heard adam didnt give a shit what you think asshole.
every day
good... so what's the problem?
Old 05-01-2005, 01:50 AM   #84
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intolerance
I'd like to keep Eric Clapton as far the fuck away from Tool as possible, please.
every day
good... so what's the problem?
Isac Khrondor's Avatar Isac Khrondor
05-01-2005, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNothingSong
whats the hardest tool you have came across. someone was saying a while back in a different thread about the plucking to H. being complicated but i havnt tried to play it..
The hardest songs (which are not actually that hard) I find are Undertow, Pushit and Third Eye.

The picking to H. is not in any way hard at all, seriously, the hardest Tool songs are on Undertow, because Nu-Metal wasn't invented yet so he had no choice but to put a bit of skill into his songs.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:23 AM   #85
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNothingSong
whats the hardest tool you have came across. someone was saying a while back in a different thread about the plucking to H. being complicated but i havnt tried to play it..
The hardest songs (which are not actually that hard) I find are Undertow, Pushit and Third Eye.

The picking to H. is not in any way hard at all, seriously, the hardest Tool songs are on Undertow, because Nu-Metal wasn't invented yet so he had no choice but to put a bit of skill into his songs.
Intolerance's Avatar Intolerance
05-01-2005, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGuy
Last time I heard, you were mumbling thank you's while licking out my asshole, dickface.
- Christopher Walken
Old 05-01-2005, 04:36 AM   #86
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGuy
Last time I heard, you were mumbling thank you's while licking out my asshole, dickface.
- Christopher Walken
DeRais
05-01-2005, 07:19 PM

The hardest things about the songs are the way the istruments interloop and mesh and do it all with really fucked up weird timing....

btw, do any of you notice how Adam plays ahead of the beat....feels really akward
Old 05-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #87
Banned.

Bincount™: 53

The hardest things about the songs are the way the istruments interloop and mesh and do it all with really fucked up weird timing....

btw, do any of you notice how Adam plays ahead of the beat....feels really akward
shorabali's Avatar shorabali
05-12-2005, 06:30 PM

Everyone has their own style of playing, so when it comes to certain riffs they may not be able to adapt to it since they play differently.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #88
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33

Everyone has their own style of playing, so when it comes to certain riffs they may not be able to adapt to it since they play differently.
05-12-2005, 07:07 PM

Sweep picking in Schism?

I don't even play guitar and I know better than that.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #89
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 47

Sweep picking in Schism?

I don't even play guitar and I know better than that.
el rancho ovulate's Avatar el rancho ovulate
05-12-2005, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLIEve
Ashamed of myself? Because I find a guitar part challenging? In a off-time signature?

Man come on up on stage....you play the riff, I'll sing. You make it through 3 minutes without fucking it up live.....I'll suck plateralipussy's cock.
How is it an "off-time" signature?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #90
+1 Cloak of Dan Resistance

Bincount™: 7878

Quote:
Ashamed of myself? Because I find a guitar part challenging? In a off-time signature?

Man come on up on stage....you play the riff, I'll sing. You make it through 3 minutes without fucking it up live.....I'll suck plateralipussy's cock.
How is it an "off-time" signature?
05-13-2005, 08:46 AM

Quote:

If I could, I would, and I have allready coverd Schism in a few concerts, and am about to cover it again at a leaving-school rock concert.
Unless your a begginer or have some kind of problem with playing stuff that isn't 4/4, I think you need to practice a lot more.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:46 AM   #91
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

If I could, I would, and I have allready coverd Schism in a few concerts, and am about to cover it again at a leaving-school rock concert.
Unless your a begginer or have some kind of problem with playing stuff that isn't 4/4, I think you need to practice a lot more.
05-14-2005, 03:37 AM

You should have said that you were singing at the same time, it's hard to sing the parts that arn't in the verses I think..

13 years???

Ok, it must just be not your 'wheelhouse' because most people who have been playing for 13 years are pretty good.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:37 AM   #92
Level 10 - Vehement

You should have said that you were singing at the same time, it's hard to sing the parts that arn't in the verses I think..

13 years???

Ok, it must just be not your 'wheelhouse' because most people who have been playing for 13 years are pretty good.
MentalSanityOff's Avatar MentalSanityOff
05-14-2005, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
There certainly are not only 12 tones that exist in sound.
Hertz = 8.1758 * 2^(x/18)
whats that? a new musical system based on 18 notes to the octave? your welcome.
now if i could just get a way for something to make these frequencies, itd be really bitchin
Old 05-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #93
On Probation

Bincount™: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
There certainly are not only 12 tones that exist in sound.
Hertz = 8.1758 * 2^(x/18)
whats that? a new musical system based on 18 notes to the octave? your welcome.
now if i could just get a way for something to make these frequencies, itd be really bitchin
Bill_Hix's Avatar Bill_Hix
05-14-2005, 08:27 PM

A,A#,B,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G# Those are all of the different musical notes. You could say a note was B# but it doesn't change it from being a C. And flats are equal to the note below it sharped. (A-flat = G#) There are octaves to change pitch, but other than that, 12 notes man.

"use the metric system you backwards fuck." - Dianoetic
Old 05-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #94
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1411

A,A#,B,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G# Those are all of the different musical notes. You could say a note was B# but it doesn't change it from being a C. And flats are equal to the note below it sharped. (A-flat = G#) There are octaves to change pitch, but other than that, 12 notes man.

"use the metric system you backwards fuck." - Dianoetic
el rancho ovulate's Avatar el rancho ovulate
05-14-2005, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Hix
ever heard of microtones?
Old 05-14-2005, 09:17 PM   #95
+1 Cloak of Dan Resistance

Bincount™: 7878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Hix
ever heard of microtones?
05-16-2005, 09:56 AM

Yeah sorry man, you should have told me you were singing at the same time, I can't do that on many songs, hardly any Tool songs.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:56 AM   #96
Level 10 - Vehement

Yeah sorry man, you should have told me you were singing at the same time, I can't do that on many songs, hardly any Tool songs.
Tree
05-16-2005, 07:14 PM

Quote:
A bunch of 12 year old girls sitting around watching you play your Squire guitar isn't a "concert." I might be going out on a limb here, but you probably can't play guitar worth a fucking shit. Either way, you can't WRITE the same kinds of songs Adam can, so please, for the love of Christ, stop writing these messages trying to make yourself sound so fucking cool.

Tree
Old 05-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #97
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
A bunch of 12 year old girls sitting around watching you play your Squire guitar isn't a "concert." I might be going out on a limb here, but you probably can't play guitar worth a fucking shit. Either way, you can't WRITE the same kinds of songs Adam can, so please, for the love of Christ, stop writing these messages trying to make yourself sound so fucking cool.

Tree
Tree
05-16-2005, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfKtulu109
Go write a good Tool song. Then you will appreciate how good the guitar work is. Anyone can play almost any song they want to after practice, but the genius of any musician comes in the ability to write the songs.

Jimi Hendrix wrote some of the greatest songs of all time, and many of them can be played by any amateur guitarist. That doesn't make Hendrix any worse.
That's exactly my point. It's VERY easy for 15 and 16 year old fans of the band who, after buying the album, go look for the tabs on the internet and learn how to play them (and by "playing" the songs, I mean hitting the notes in succession, not in any way sounding like the real thing). It's a completely different story for one of these clowns to actually write a song as good as Adam does. And to my knowledge, no one in here has. That's why we're all relegated to talking about Adam's guitar playing while he's in the studio recording another great album.

Tree
Old 05-16-2005, 07:28 PM   #98
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfKtulu109
Go write a good Tool song. Then you will appreciate how good the guitar work is. Anyone can play almost any song they want to after practice, but the genius of any musician comes in the ability to write the songs.

Jimi Hendrix wrote some of the greatest songs of all time, and many of them can be played by any amateur guitarist. That doesn't make Hendrix any worse.
That's exactly my point. It's VERY easy for 15 and 16 year old fans of the band who, after buying the album, go look for the tabs on the internet and learn how to play them (and by "playing" the songs, I mean hitting the notes in succession, not in any way sounding like the real thing). It's a completely different story for one of these clowns to actually write a song as good as Adam does. And to my knowledge, no one in here has. That's why we're all relegated to talking about Adam's guitar playing while he's in the studio recording another great album.

Tree
UtUmNo1's Avatar UtUmNo1
05-16-2005, 07:38 PM

Who the fuck are you?

....then God is not dead.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #99
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

Who the fuck are you?

Tree
05-16-2005, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtUmNo1
Who the fuck are you?
A person who's been visiting TDN for 10 years and laughs at people who think they're as good as Adam..that's fucking who.

Tree
Old 05-16-2005, 07:50 PM   #100
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtUmNo1
Who the fuck are you?
A person who's been visiting TDN for 10 years and laughs at people who think they're as good as Adam..that's fucking who.

Tree
Johnny Truant's Avatar Johnny Truant
05-16-2005, 07:53 PM

That makes you a better person that the rest of us.
Sorry, I should clarify. I ment that either way their concerts are far too long for a terrible faux-prog metal nu-rock airhead shitwank boy-band, and that they should be banned from palying music altogether. - mope
Old 05-16-2005, 07:53 PM   #101
A truant finds home
Suicide Booth ID: 6

Bincount™: 3436

That makes you a better person that the rest of us.
Sorry, I should clarify. I ment that either way their concerts are far too long for a terrible faux-prog metal nu-rock airhead shitwank boy-band, and that they should be banned from palying music altogether. - mope
UtUmNo1's Avatar UtUmNo1
05-16-2005, 07:58 PM

10 years?

1995?

Get the fuck out.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:58 PM   #102
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

10 years?

1995?

Get the fuck out.

Dianoetic's Avatar Dianoetic
04-24-2008, 04:11 AM

NO TREE, NO SHADE
She, AS PLANNED, sat in the front row, repeatedly stripping her over clothes and completely pulling up her dress and slip and pulling aside her old-fashioned pink BLOOMERS in order to display her ANUS, her CUNT. She repeatedly gesticulated and whispered: "I’ll give it to you to suck! FINISH HIM!" - FRANCIS E. DEC
Old 04-24-2008, 04:11 AM   #103
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 18668

NO TREE, NO SHADE
She, AS PLANNED, sat in the front row, repeatedly stripping her over clothes and completely pulling up her dress and slip and pulling aside her old-fashioned pink BLOOMERS in order to display her ANUS, her CUNT. She repeatedly gesticulated and whispered: "I’ll give it to you to suck! FINISH HIM!" - FRANCIS E. DEC
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
04-24-2008, 05:35 AM

I guess we learned the answer to this question.

and 74.51% percent of us were wrong
Old 04-24-2008, 05:35 AM   #104
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

04-24-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post

It's really a matter of opinion unless you have Adam himself show you the differences, as subtle as they may be, why fix something that isn't broken?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #105
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post

It's really a matter of opinion unless you have Adam himself show you the differences, as subtle as they may be, why fix something that isn't broken?
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
05-03-2008, 06:57 PM

people will never learn that technicality != your perpspective being altered by a stringed instrument, which is the purpose that dictates adam's choice of notes
Old 05-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #106
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

people will never learn that technicality != your perpspective being altered by a stringed instrument, which is the purpose that dictates adam's choice of notes
blindfold_off's Avatar blindfold_off
05-06-2008, 12:54 PM

Hell yeah he's gonna come up withm some new shit. I thought the stuff on 10,000 Days was awesome and different from Lateralus(which now a days I can hear some of the cool shit he's doing on that). I can't wait for 2011.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #107
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 19

Hell yeah he's gonna come up withm some new shit. I thought the stuff on 10,000 Days was awesome and different from Lateralus(which now a days I can hear some of the cool shit he's doing on that). I can't wait for 2011.
05-17-2008, 04:49 PM

werd

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-17-2008 at 04:51 PM..
Old 05-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #108
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

werd

Last edited by Carny_Handles; 05-17-2008 at 04:51 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply