opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 07. Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 08-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Meaning of Parabola

I think this song is about finding faith in life through finding that all is life, or something like that.

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park...some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: is this real or is this just a ride? Other's have remembered and they come back to us and say: don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride. We killed those people. Shut him up, I have a lot invested in this ride...It's just a ride and we can change it anytime we want, it's only a choice--between fear and love"..."Vibrations in the mind of the one true God whose name is LOVE" -- Bill Hicks, outlaw preacher

This song is about a mystical experience, possibly in the midst of severe depression, pain and uncertainty that resparks faith in Life. It's something the soul knows and remembers but we can't as we ride along. But nevertheless, there is the sense that this life is a beautiful holy gift from above, despite the wisdom our soul records, making it more like the Most High.

They say the serpent's lie was that mankind would live forever, but that's a lie

--just like Paradise Lost is not a Biblical story, where the idea that Satan, as God's most beautful angel, betrayed him as Lucifer by claiming to be the Most High. Lucifer, or "morningstar" fell from heaven, like the watchers, for having impurity in his heart. So some of the most potent fear-mongering material is not even a Biblical story, as far as I understand. Rather, I think Lucifer and the fall of the watchers are both stories about the crucifixion of Christ through the sins of mankind. We are divine beings, like the angels.

My Bible's packed up in the back of my trunk right now since I've been sort of a vagabond lately, but I'm pretty sure the serpent said, eat this and "you will be like God, knowing the difference between good and evil," and thus we fell from divine perfection into Maya, Babylon, or the world of evil. Obviously, all existence is rooted in the thoughts of God in the first place, so this mystical fall of spiritual beings into matter was to take place. The watchers became seduced by the "daughters of men," and the "sons of God" fell unto the "daughters of men." I think we can think of ourselves as "daughters," and the "sons of God" as our higher selves.

Maybe the fall is like a cycle, because if the Divine Unity returns to itself, it exists in eternal unity, and maybe that gives hints to the meaning of creation, it's a cycle.

A thought I had earlier: What if God is a being with good and evil sides, but good will ultimately prevail and this reflects itself in the internal struggle of man himself (unisexually speaking)?

Why wouldn't God redeem his most beautiful angel?

What does it mean to "eat the flesh" of the unsaved? Through the experience of evil, are we gaining wisdom that leads to uprightness and therefore feeding off of its energy for the sake of good?

Is it like a program where the souls are tested, a separation of the sheep and the goats? Is this just crazy talk, and should I have not drinkin' that Four Loko just now?

But wait? God said we should "surely die?" But through Christ, God lied? Or God changed his mind? But did Christ not die?

Peace.

P.S. I think Maynard and other members of Tool once had a connection with Jesus or whatever (forgive me please), but they're just shitty kids like me, who don't trust authority, which is wrong, and are like the parable of the "lost son. "

"Listen to the tales as we all rationalize our way into the arms of the savior"

And don't take it as a neo-Christian brigade or something, but there are many ways to hold up your cross, or hold up your higher self. Besides Buddhism, I find Christianity to be one of the most potentially moderate and rational religions to follow. Christianity and Buddhism happen to be the most rapidly growing religions on the planet, and I really believe there is a strong connection between the two. The main difference is that Christianity is theistic and Buddhism is non-theistic, but a Buddhist who believes in Brahma or God, Yahweh, is probably not far from me.

One Love. (RastafarI stands alone--"Before Abraham even walked the earth, I AM. I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END)

"Armenians that we will defend!"--Integrity

Last edited by Godcell11; 08-16-2010 at 05:34 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: