Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Summer 2010
User Name
Password
xmrxwilx
07-03-2010, 10:22 AM

Lol.. anyone close enuff to give some insites as to what maynard was doing up there? refer to my first post but i did forget about what they were all doing when they were all four hanging out at the drum set after the lil intermission.. oh and woulda been nice if they played thier album intermission music of old LoL but yeah any insites for me? hit me up.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

Lol.. anyone close enuff to give some insites as to what maynard was doing up there? refer to my first post but i did forget about what they were all doing when they were all four hanging out at the drum set after the lil intermission.. oh and woulda been nice if they played thier album intermission music of old LoL but yeah any insites for me? hit me up.
OFFLINE |  
dmoreau3000
07-03-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerd88 View Post
I recommend you check out the album Amputechture by the mars volta.
Much obliged, going to check them out today. Im always looking for bands with that same feel.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I recommend you check out the album Amputechture by the mars volta.
Much obliged, going to check them out today. Im always looking for bands with that same feel.
OFFLINE |  
SMEPman
07-03-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipharet View Post
I

Lol Tool fans cant handle new and unfamiliar music -- oh the irony.
Oh, that was music? Coulda swore it was a couple of punks taking an enormous dump on the stage. The one "musician" even neglected to take his free bottle of swill (no doubt a bottle of vino al a Jerome, AZ) after their jam session mid-concert.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipharet View Post
I

Lol Tool fans cant handle new and unfamiliar music -- oh the irony.
Oh, that was music? Coulda swore it was a couple of punks taking an enormous dump on the stage. The one "musician" even neglected to take his free bottle of swill (no doubt a bottle of vino al a Jerome, AZ) after their jam session mid-concert.
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I had 2 women behind me taking flash photos with their cellphone and talking about going to the bar during the entire first half of the patient(waited about 8 years now to hear this song). They then loudly mocked my group for being "all amazed by "it"" after asking them to quiet down a little, and then eventually their brofriend vomited all over our seats and had to leave. This was still the best night of my life! Also random bucket drummer outside after the show you kicked serious ass.
Sucks that you had to have the experience of hearing "the patient" live interrupted by those chicks that would have probbaly rather been at a Lady Gaga concert and their vomitty male friend. It's the people who are only really half (if even) interested in the band that fuck it up for the people who really appreciate the music. These are the people that just go to see TOOL for the sake of being able to say they went to see TOOL. It'd be great if they made tickets for their shows available only through ToolArmy, I'm sure some douches would still manage to get in, but for the most part you'd have people there who were actually listening to the performance...not planning their next drinking binge and getting up every 15 minutes to crawl past you.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I had 2 women behind me taking flash photos with their cellphone and talking about going to the bar during the entire first half of the patient(waited about 8 years now to hear this song). They then loudly mocked my group for being "all amazed by "it"" after asking them to quiet down a little, and then eventually their brofriend vomited all over our seats and had to leave. This was still the best night of my life! Also random bucket drummer outside after the show you kicked serious ass.
Sucks that you had to have the experience of hearing "the patient" live interrupted by those chicks that would have probbaly rather been at a Lady Gaga concert and their vomitty male friend. It's the people who are only really half (if even) interested in the band that fuck it up for the people who really appreciate the music. These are the people that just go to see TOOL for the sake of being able to say they went to see TOOL. It'd be great if they made tickets for their shows available only through ToolArmy, I'm sure some douches would still manage to get in, but for the most part you'd have people there who were actually listening to the performance...not planning their next drinking binge and getting up every 15 minutes to crawl past you.
07-03-2010, 02:01 PM

I would find it strange extremly for someone to just pay to say they went seams really stuuuupid....i dont go to many shows at all but when I do it is cause i enjoy the music/people/show.

having it only available through a pay message board seams silly too cause many enjoy the music/show but just dont do the board thingy. I would have never seen a show in my life till '06 if that was so as in any band er live entertainment cause never did the net thingy till then had one just old school I guess was like "that thingy is just to look up thingys....not to like comunicate with....*forward in time '06*....OMG you can like talk to people all over the planet on this thingy know way...." : )
Old 07-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #45
Level 4 - Thinker

I would find it strange extremly for someone to just pay to say they went seams really stuuuupid....i dont go to many shows at all but when I do it is cause i enjoy the music/people/show.

having it only available through a pay message board seams silly too cause many enjoy the music/show but just dont do the board thingy. I would have never seen a show in my life till '06 if that was so as in any band er live entertainment cause never did the net thingy till then had one just old school I guess was like "that thingy is just to look up thingys....not to like comunicate with....*forward in time '06*....OMG you can like talk to people all over the planet on this thingy know way...." : )
OFFLINE |  
whoremoans's Avatar whoremoans
07-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolinaz View Post

It may seem stupid but it happens...believe it or not. Something needs to be done about the tickets, all the good seats are bought up by ebay whores who then turn around and list two front row seats that have the face value of 75.00 a piece for a "buy it now" of 900.00. That was supposedly one of the perks of being a member of TA when I joined up, having exclusive access to tickets and it has'nt happened once since I've been a member.

I did get some stickers though...and a patch....."thingy". And there are the ever important updates on the goings on of the Baked Potato so....all and all guess it was worth it.

BTW, anyone get any updates on when they might get around to completing the "maintenance" on the site (TA), or has all hope for that been given up now.

really missing the "Positive Quote of the Day"...
Old 07-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

It may seem stupid but it happens...believe it or not. Something needs to be done about the tickets, all the good seats are bought up by ebay whores who then turn around and list two front row seats that have the face value of 75.00 a piece for a "buy it now" of 900.00. That was supposedly one of the perks of being a member of TA when I joined up, having exclusive access to tickets and it has'nt happened once since I've been a member.

I did get some stickers though...and a patch....."thingy". And there are the ever important updates on the goings on of the Baked Potato so....all and all guess it was worth it.

BTW, anyone get any updates on when they might get around to completing the "maintenance" on the site (TA), or has all hope for that been given up now.

really missing the "Positive Quote of the Day"...
07-03-2010, 02:40 PM

I had tickets in the first row of section 114.

Let me start by saying this was my first time seeing tool live in concert, and I wasn't 'disappointed,' although it did fall short of my expectations...which is no ones fault but my own. The setlist was killer, especially during, 'the patient,' and the songs thereafter. The lighting and the videos played on-screen were nothing short of mind-blowing, but for some reason - even though everyone here says they enjoyed the show - the crowd only seemed to give off energy during certain parts of certain songs - could just be my impression, but hell, i'm sure 95+% of us were fucked beyond belief.

to Lerd88: i feel bad for you man, that's my favorite tool song, and i have no idea what i would've done if they were behind me instead...you should be given some sort of medal for not kicking their asses up and down the stairway.

in any case, i had a great time, as we all did. i didn't get to see the opening act, but it doesn't sound like i missed much...maybe i'll check them out sometime.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

I had tickets in the first row of section 114.

Let me start by saying this was my first time seeing tool live in concert, and I wasn't 'disappointed,' although it did fall short of my expectations...which is no ones fault but my own. The setlist was killer, especially during, 'the patient,' and the songs thereafter. The lighting and the videos played on-screen were nothing short of mind-blowing, but for some reason - even though everyone here says they enjoyed the show - the crowd only seemed to give off energy during certain parts of certain songs - could just be my impression, but hell, i'm sure 95+% of us were fucked beyond belief.

to Lerd88: i feel bad for you man, that's my favorite tool song, and i have no idea what i would've done if they were behind me instead...you should be given some sort of medal for not kicking their asses up and down the stairway.

in any case, i had a great time, as we all did. i didn't get to see the opening act, but it doesn't sound like i missed much...maybe i'll check them out sometime.
OFFLINE |  
nicolinaz
07-03-2010, 02:53 PM

I have only seen'em 3 times '90s I was always too busy or just did not line up thought & them playing somewhere I was....just the last tour what in '07 I belive 2 indoor one 1st row one way back & another 2nd row outdoors...indoors by far the best for acustics & lights...far had you engulfed in the show close up you could take a look at their abillity's why after that show i was like that danny dudes got stamina & place ment thingy going on....but I dont go to many if any....lol APC in '01...um....um...um...then shows that I was hanging out at fer the rest of my life so it is differnt not really looking at their ability or whole show yer drinking hanging & what not... oh wait other then a KISS & OZZY show with son when I went home for a vist.....

yep I could see peeps doing that thingy w/ prices sky high, totally. I used stub hub if need be for shows or live entertainment VIP service they always gave me.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

I have only seen'em 3 times '90s I was always too busy or just did not line up thought & them playing somewhere I was....just the last tour what in '07 I belive 2 indoor one 1st row one way back & another 2nd row outdoors...indoors by far the best for acustics & lights...far had you engulfed in the show close up you could take a look at their abillity's why after that show i was like that danny dudes got stamina & place ment thingy going on....but I dont go to many if any....lol APC in '01...um....um...um...then shows that I was hanging out at fer the rest of my life so it is differnt not really looking at their ability or whole show yer drinking hanging & what not... oh wait other then a KISS & OZZY show with son when I went home for a vist.....

yep I could see peeps doing that thingy w/ prices sky high, totally. I used stub hub if need be for shows or live entertainment VIP service they always gave me.
OFFLINE |  
LAWSONMILLIKEN
07-03-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Let me be honest here, learn to spell and put your sentences together before ever doing this again. Thanks......
Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #49
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

Let me be honest here, learn to spell and put your sentences together before ever doing this again. Thanks......
OFFLINE |  
nicolinaz
07-04-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWSONMILLIKEN View Post

some of the great writers could not spell. Why waste your time on a letter er two....& sorry prolly will be again & again...you might need to seek help for the issue, so sody...
Old 07-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWSONMILLIKEN View Post

some of the great writers could not spell. Why waste your time on a letter er two....& sorry prolly will be again & again...you might need to seek help for the issue, so sody...
OFFLINE |  
LAWSONMILLIKEN
07-04-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I apologize, I don't want to sound like an ass. But, I enjoy reading all of the follow ups from the shows and when I come across a posting like this, I am astonished. As for the ,"Why waste your time on a letter or two" comment, we are not texting here and you are not a great writer. Please submit readable posts in the future. Have a great day......
Old 07-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #51
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I apologize, I don't want to sound like an ass. But, I enjoy reading all of the follow ups from the shows and when I come across a posting like this, I am astonished. As for the ,"Why waste your time on a letter or two" comment, we are not texting here and you are not a great writer. Please submit readable posts in the future. Have a great day......
OFFLINE |  
FlyingV
07-04-2010, 09:45 AM

Words fail to describe witnessing the beauty...barely able to fathom the power...

Was club level row 1 section C13 - right above the lazers pew pew!

Highlights:
-Timothy Leary/3rd eye opening.
-Trancendental, mind-blowing visuals - I wish I could see that show everyday.
-Justin's bass sound and Danny's drums were amazing.
-Having my wife there for her 1st experience seeing Tool live.
-Great vibe from the crowd and cool dudes behind me - wish I could have accepted the gracious offer to partake of the delicious smelling ganj but I quit (boohoo).
-Informing the girl next to us that she would probably enjoy the ganj more if she used to correct end of the hitter. It happens to the best of us.
-Security being chill about the people enjoying said ganj.
-Sporting my Alex Grey "net of being" t-shirt and having literally hundreds of people ask where I got it, take pics of it, buy me drinks, etc. (Alex should owe me commission now for all the new orders he's going to get rolling in hehe).
-The roof top party at the Liffey afterwards and all the good conversations reviewing the show/basking in the afterglow.

Bummers:
-It was way too short; they stopped at 10:53pm. Keep going! Arrrrgh.
-No binocs allowed - really? /shrug
-Jealous of the folks in Red Rock who got to hear Right In Two - lucky bastards. Happy for you, though!

Thank you Tool and fans for another awesome experience!

Last edited by FlyingV; 07-04-2010 at 09:53 AM..
Old 07-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #52
Level 1 - Lurker

Words fail to describe witnessing the beauty...barely able to fathom the power...

Was club level row 1 section C13 - right above the lazers pew pew!

Highlights:
-Timothy Leary/3rd eye opening.
-Trancendental, mind-blowing visuals - I wish I could see that show everyday.
-Justin's bass sound and Danny's drums were amazing.
-Having my wife there for her 1st experience seeing Tool live.
-Great vibe from the crowd and cool dudes behind me - wish I could have accepted the gracious offer to partake of the delicious smelling ganj but I quit (boohoo).
-Informing the girl next to us that she would probably enjoy the ganj more if she used to correct end of the hitter. It happens to the best of us.
-Security being chill about the people enjoying said ganj.
-Sporting my Alex Grey "net of being" t-shirt and having literally hundreds of people ask where I got it, take pics of it, buy me drinks, etc. (Alex should owe me commission now for all the new orders he's going to get rolling in hehe).
-The roof top party at the Liffey afterwards and all the good conversations reviewing the show/basking in the afterglow.

Bummers:
-It was way too short; they stopped at 10:53pm. Keep going! Arrrrgh.
-No binocs allowed - really? /shrug
-Jealous of the folks in Red Rock who got to hear Right In Two - lucky bastards. Happy for you, though!

Thank you Tool and fans for another awesome experience!

Last edited by FlyingV; 07-04-2010 at 09:53 AM..
OFFLINE |  
jmkees1's Avatar jmkees1
07-04-2010, 03:32 PM

XMRX... It was his cell phone. He was taking pictures of dalek with it during Lateralus. During the tour with Puscifer he was texting to Twitter a lot.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

XMRX... It was his cell phone. He was taking pictures of dalek with it during Lateralus. During the tour with Puscifer he was texting to Twitter a lot.
OFFLINE |  
Festo
07-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Hope it's ok to post this here. If not just delete but here are a bunch of excellent HD clips of the St. Paul show. You can see how Lateralus lost all momentum. But these show how good Maynards voice is right now. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSlayer3434
Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

Hope it's ok to post this here. If not just delete but here are a bunch of excellent HD clips of the St. Paul show. You can see how Lateralus lost all momentum. But these show how good Maynards voice is right now. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSlayer3434
OFFLINE |  
culeys
07-05-2010, 03:58 AM

Great night, would've been better had I been able to get the poster with Adam's extra art work. I was told he was working on them while Dalek(sp) was on. He must have not liked what he came up with, 'cause they never brought them up. I had merch call them up a few times. They were pretty cool, got to know all them by the end of the night. ;)
Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #55
Level 2 - Poster

Great night, would've been better had I been able to get the poster with Adam's extra art work. I was told he was working on them while Dalek(sp) was on. He must have not liked what he came up with, 'cause they never brought them up. I had merch call them up a few times. They were pretty cool, got to know all them by the end of the night. ;)
OFFLINE |  
LAWSONMILLIKEN
07-05-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Isis has got to be onea the better openers they have had.....though I cant say much only seen'em 3 times & 2 outta the 3 isis was the opener...just thought it went well, style...some more punk band one other time fine but just did not go with tool. Isis though has become a band I enjoy now really well done & their ages i thonk they are mid 20s or were talent for their age....their mature sound usually you have to wait till their 30s or so to get that. wouldn't mind seeing them again. The lyrics & such sounds edumacated....being a history buff & always have had this fasanation with the whole Babalonion feel...went well especially with tools whole lateralues album feel goes well....since the dawn of man....

this is your brain on music.

to thonk i was such an add-er as a kid I wrote music & played keys, drums, violin a bit....there was just too much SENSE'S I also wrote *was published in grade 4, short story* & did art...was going to classes at the Uni in elementary specially picked....ta thonk all that potential & I still dunno what I wanna be when I grow up.....34 & still I dont fucking know...

anyways rambeling now...great reveiws dudes.
Wow.....Seriously
Old 07-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #56
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Isis has got to be onea the better openers they have had.....though I cant say much only seen'em 3 times & 2 outta the 3 isis was the opener...just thought it went well, style...some more punk band one other time fine but just did not go with tool. Isis though has become a band I enjoy now really well done & their ages i thonk they are mid 20s or were talent for their age....their mature sound usually you have to wait till their 30s or so to get that. wouldn't mind seeing them again. The lyrics & such sounds edumacated....being a history buff & always have had this fasanation with the whole Babalonion feel...went well especially with tools whole lateralues album feel goes well....since the dawn of man....

this is your brain on music.

to thonk i was such an add-er as a kid I wrote music & played keys, drums, violin a bit....there was just too much SENSE'S I also wrote *was published in grade 4, short story* & did art...was going to classes at the Uni in elementary specially picked....ta thonk all that potential & I still dunno what I wanna be when I grow up.....34 & still I dont fucking know...

anyways rambeling now...great reveiws dudes.
Wow.....Seriously
OFFLINE |  
Kramer99's Avatar Kramer99
07-05-2010, 09:33 PM

My 7th Tool concert. This was the best I've seen since 1997.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #57
Level 3 - Talker

My 7th Tool concert. This was the best I've seen since 1997.
OFFLINE |  
SayOw
07-06-2010, 07:50 AM

This was my 10th Tool show...

My only problem with the opener, and other 'hip-hop' acts is that they have to come out and make statements to validate their legitimacy ... Here's to all the motherf'ers that stuck with us, are you ready for some real hip-hop? We're straight from the streets, keeping it real...and on and on and on... how about shut up and prove it? Rap acts seem to always need to justify their presence and TELL you how real they are...

Now on to Tool...

I've seen every show they have had at the Xcel....and this show, I think, Maynard's vocals were the clearest they ever had been. Maynard's vocals were solid and crystal clear...which was totally awesome. As usual, he and the rest of the band didn't say too much to the crowd...and he quickly exited at the conclusion of the show.

Danny Carey, what can a person say? This guy is a machine. There is no better drummer touring (or otherwise) playing right now period. It's often tough to watch other members of the band or even the visuals during portions of songs where Danny is pounding on the skins with such power.

Adam is meticulous and Justin seemed to be genuinely rocking out during many of the songs.

Overall, this was a great show...loved every minute of it. The visuals were top-notch and although the band seemed to have a couple of issues throughout the show but, as Maynard stated towards the beginning and then at the end of the show, everything would be alright.

More of my review is here: http://sayow.blogspot.com/2010/07/to...ly-1-2010.html
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #58
Level 3 - Talker

This was my 10th Tool show...

My only problem with the opener, and other 'hip-hop' acts is that they have to come out and make statements to validate their legitimacy ... Here's to all the motherf'ers that stuck with us, are you ready for some real hip-hop? We're straight from the streets, keeping it real...and on and on and on... how about shut up and prove it? Rap acts seem to always need to justify their presence and TELL you how real they are...

Now on to Tool...

I've seen every show they have had at the Xcel....and this show, I think, Maynard's vocals were the clearest they ever had been. Maynard's vocals were solid and crystal clear...which was totally awesome. As usual, he and the rest of the band didn't say too much to the crowd...and he quickly exited at the conclusion of the show.

Danny Carey, what can a person say? This guy is a machine. There is no better drummer touring (or otherwise) playing right now period. It's often tough to watch other members of the band or even the visuals during portions of songs where Danny is pounding on the skins with such power.

Adam is meticulous and Justin seemed to be genuinely rocking out during many of the songs.

Overall, this was a great show...loved every minute of it. The visuals were top-notch and although the band seemed to have a couple of issues throughout the show but, as Maynard stated towards the beginning and then at the end of the show, everything would be alright.

More of my review is here: http://sayow.blogspot.com/2010/07/to...ly-1-2010.html
07-07-2010, 07:08 AM

Fantastic show. I was fortunate enough to be seated front row center on the floor, and although I have been up against the barricade for other shows, not having to fight for my spot allowed me to actually stand there and take it all in up close. It was a totally different perspective. I got to really watch everybody instead of being so fixated on the displays and lasers (I do love those damn lasers.)

I must preface this with the fact that I had absolutely refused to look at previous shows and their corresponding set lists. I wanted every moment of it to be a surprise, and I am certainly glad I did so. Opening with Third Eye was almost more than I could handle.

From the floor the sound was wonderful, but I hear in other parts of the venue people disagree. It was well mixed from my perspective, though.

Watching Justin is always the most fun part of the show, to me. He really gets into it and I enjoy that. Danny is my hero, though, so my eyes fixate on him for a good chunk of the time. I was closer to stage right, though, so I spent a lot of time really watching what Adam does, which is a lot. I also saw him mouth the words "Hi Mom" at one point during the show, so that was pretty cool.

Set list was already posted so I won't go into that.

It was funny watching Maynard take a bunch of pictures with his iPhone of the Dalek guys, Adam and Danny. I don't think he made his way to Justin. Surprisingly, though, he did make his way to the front of the stage to retrieve his bottle of wine that Dalek did not take backstage with them.

On the subject of Dalek, I thought they were pretty cool. They were an interesting choice, but I personally enjoyed them. Would have rather seen them pick up Atmosphere though. ;]

They totally biffed Forty Six & 2, which I actually thought was awesome. It's sometimes rad seeing people who are usually so dead on that it's scary totally screw up a song they've played for over a decade. Everyone's timing was off, but they pulled it together as soon as the verse kicked in.

Highlights of the show:
1) Justin smiled at me (again!)
2) The merch was wonderful (I bought the autographed poster designed by Adam)
3) Uhhhh yeah, got Danny's drumstick! Holy balls.

This has been the best Tool year of my life so far.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #59
Level 1 - Lurker

Fantastic show. I was fortunate enough to be seated front row center on the floor, and although I have been up against the barricade for other shows, not having to fight for my spot allowed me to actually stand there and take it all in up close. It was a totally different perspective. I got to really watch everybody instead of being so fixated on the displays and lasers (I do love those damn lasers.)

I must preface this with the fact that I had absolutely refused to look at previous shows and their corresponding set lists. I wanted every moment of it to be a surprise, and I am certainly glad I did so. Opening with Third Eye was almost more than I could handle.

From the floor the sound was wonderful, but I hear in other parts of the venue people disagree. It was well mixed from my perspective, though.

Watching Justin is always the most fun part of the show, to me. He really gets into it and I enjoy that. Danny is my hero, though, so my eyes fixate on him for a good chunk of the time. I was closer to stage right, though, so I spent a lot of time really watching what Adam does, which is a lot. I also saw him mouth the words "Hi Mom" at one point during the show, so that was pretty cool.

Set list was already posted so I won't go into that.

It was funny watching Maynard take a bunch of pictures with his iPhone of the Dalek guys, Adam and Danny. I don't think he made his way to Justin. Surprisingly, though, he did make his way to the front of the stage to retrieve his bottle of wine that Dalek did not take backstage with them.

On the subject of Dalek, I thought they were pretty cool. They were an interesting choice, but I personally enjoyed them. Would have rather seen them pick up Atmosphere though. ;]

They totally biffed Forty Six & 2, which I actually thought was awesome. It's sometimes rad seeing people who are usually so dead on that it's scary totally screw up a song they've played for over a decade. Everyone's timing was off, but they pulled it together as soon as the verse kicked in.

Highlights of the show:
1) Justin smiled at me (again!)
2) The merch was wonderful (I bought the autographed poster designed by Adam)
3) Uhhhh yeah, got Danny's drumstick! Holy balls.

This has been the best Tool year of my life so far.
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM

I've got a Large Girl's Tour T-Shirt that I'm looking to sell at cost. If anybody's interested PM me.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

I've got a Large Girl's Tour T-Shirt that I'm looking to sell at cost. If anybody's interested PM me.
OFFLINE |  
ravener
07-07-2010, 03:35 PM

I can't remember which song it was... Towards the end of one of the songs where there was a couple beat rest and then the downbeat towards the end of the song, the band held back a few beats and Maynard said "Haha" when everyone kept singing? Does anyone else remember this?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #61
Level 3 - Talker

I can't remember which song it was... Towards the end of one of the songs where there was a couple beat rest and then the downbeat towards the end of the song, the band held back a few beats and Maynard said "Haha" when everyone kept singing? Does anyone else remember this?
OFFLINE |  
culeys
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM

@ravener it was during "Lateralus."
Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #62
Level 2 - Poster

@ravener it was during "Lateralus."
OFFLINE |  
lostinthewood's Avatar lostinthewood
07-10-2010, 11:47 AM

ok, so I walked around to every merchant booth before the show in St. Paul, MN at the Xcel Energy Center July 1st and never saw any poster with an extra adam doodle on it. I had $500 in my pocket. I was also the very first to get let in. I went straight to the merch booth and only a few ecurity guards new what I was talking about. One of the security guards went away for a few mins to ask someone about the extra doodle poster. She came back 5 mins later saying it should be here within a half an hour, however, because it so rare and expensive there could be a chance that it wont be brought to the booths. I was like where is it going to be brought then? She had no idea. After the show, the poster never surfaced. Later, I asked the same lady if she had any updates and her exact words were “Adam’s drawing it right now.” I still never got a hold of one but whats crazy is I ended up gettting the very very last signed poster for $120 after the show ended. I was very lucky but I really wanted the $450 poster but whatever. I wonder if there even was one or if it might be in some display room in the venue? Who knows. So if anyone has one of the extra doodle posters from any of the shows theyd like to part with, let me know.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #63
Level 2 - Poster

ok, so I walked around to every merchant booth before the show in St. Paul, MN at the Xcel Energy Center July 1st and never saw any poster with an extra adam doodle on it. I had $500 in my pocket. I was also the very first to get let in. I went straight to the merch booth and only a few ecurity guards new what I was talking about. One of the security guards went away for a few mins to ask someone about the extra doodle poster. She came back 5 mins later saying it should be here within a half an hour, however, because it so rare and expensive there could be a chance that it wont be brought to the booths. I was like where is it going to be brought then? She had no idea. After the show, the poster never surfaced. Later, I asked the same lady if she had any updates and her exact words were “Adam’s drawing it right now.” I still never got a hold of one but whats crazy is I ended up gettting the very very last signed poster for $120 after the show ended. I was very lucky but I really wanted the $450 poster but whatever. I wonder if there even was one or if it might be in some display room in the venue? Who knows. So if anyone has one of the extra doodle posters from any of the shows theyd like to part with, let me know.
OFFLINE |  
naterased
07-11-2010, 05:28 PM

I have a youtube channel with videos from the show. http://www.youtube.com/user/natecerts. This was my first Tool show and it was amazing. I hope its not my last.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #64
Level 1 - Lurker

I have a youtube channel with videos from the show. http://www.youtube.com/user/natecerts. This was my first Tool show and it was amazing. I hope its not my last.
OFFLINE |  
jpoling13's Avatar jpoling13
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM

Great show! Dalek was different but better than Melt Banana, who opened the last time I saw them. Drove from Peoria, Il, and definitely worth it.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #65
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Great show! Dalek was different but better than Melt Banana, who opened the last time I saw them. Drove from Peoria, Il, and definitely worth it.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply