opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 02-14-2003, 05:47 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
tv addiction...

Well, this is my first post, so go easy on me - my personal interpretation of stinkfist as a part of the album was in line with the "preparation" theory - that the song was meant to prepare you for the rest of the album.
However, when viewed as its own entity, as a stand alone song - it seems that the song is more about addiciton, and the progressive steps of desensitization that occcur. Speciafically, I think this song is about TV addiction - if you've seen the video, there are scenes where the two characters take hits off of a tube connected to their TV monitor. Also you could interpret the lyrics as being a conversation between a speaker and their telivision - "till you would not want me any other way" or "cuz, it's not enough, i need more, nothing seems to satisfy" etc.
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but most of the posts i read had to do with actual fisting.... I just figured that 9 times out of 10 once you've figured out what the allusions in a tool song are all about you then ahve to figure out the metaphore formed by the allusions, and saying that the song is simply about fisting ignores the second step.... if that made any sense, let me know what you think - thanks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:57 AM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
http://www.cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm

MJK mentions in that his feelings towards the media CNN especially and even likens the affects of a PS2 upon his notions of reality and human relations with others.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: