Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson
04-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Think about it. The album leaks due to "advance copies being sent out".

My ass.

We would have pictures of every single page of the liner notes, the back of the case, the disc itself, underneath the disc, and all taken by different people. But we don't. We have about 2 or 3 blurry pictures of the supposed stereoscope packaging. No disc, no additional pages of liner notes, just an angled shot of the digipak opened up. If they lied to us about advance copies, what gives these leaked songs any credibility towards the new album?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37
IT'S A LIE

My ass.

We would have pictures of every single page of the liner notes, the back of the case, the disc itself, underneath the disc, and all taken by different people. But we don't. We have about 2 or 3 blurry pictures of the supposed stereoscope packaging. No disc, no additional pages of liner notes, just an angled shot of the digipak opened up. If they lied to us about advance copies, what gives these leaked songs any credibility towards the new album?
OFFLINE |  
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
04-22-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Carson

My ass.

OMG DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THIS SHIT WOUDL BE TO FAKE LLOLOLOLO

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155
Re: IT'S A LIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Carson

My ass.

OMG DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THIS SHIT WOUDL BE TO FAKE LLOLOLOLO

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |  
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
04-22-2006, 12:06 PM

Well. I'm convinced.

It was the big "my ass" that really got me, I think.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 04-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

Well. I'm convinced.

It was the big "my ass" that really got me, I think.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
04-22-2006, 12:07 PM

You seriously aren't that bright are you? Get over the fact that you don't like the new album and stop distracting yourself from the truth.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

You seriously aren't that bright are you? Get over the fact that you don't like the new album and stop distracting yourself from the truth.
OFFLINE |  
The Let Down's Avatar The Let Down
04-22-2006, 12:08 PM

he brings up a valid point. there were no advanced copies sent out.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

04-22-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Let Down
not that you know of.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Let Down
not that you know of.
OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
My preference towards the leaks has nothing to do with this. I'm simply stating the fact that the leaks were not from an "advance copy" like we were falsely told.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
My preference towards the leaks has nothing to do with this. I'm simply stating the fact that the leaks were not from an "advance copy" like we were falsely told.
OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
not that you know of.
So why aren't there more pictures? Why would someone put the music up for grabs but not the art?

There's not even a picture of the fucking disc.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
not that you know of.
So why aren't there more pictures? Why would someone put the music up for grabs but not the art?

There's not even a picture of the fucking disc.
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 12:20 PM

because the retard who leaked it thought that they'd feed your conspiracy theories by holding back the art?Fuck I dont know, but they more then likely thought they were doing everyone a favour by leaking the music or else wanted to spoil it for everyone and piss me the fuck off by having to listen to everyones stupid conspiracy theories
Old 04-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #9

Bincount™: 0

because the retard who leaked it thought that they'd feed your conspiracy theories by holding back the art?Fuck I dont know, but they more then likely thought they were doing everyone a favour by leaking the music or else wanted to spoil it for everyone and piss me the fuck off by having to listen to everyones stupid conspiracy theories
OFFLINE |  
neurosis79
04-22-2006, 12:22 PM

Old 04-22-2006, 12:22 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 12:23 PM

they'll find away to believe it's not real. dont worry.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #11

they'll find away to believe it's not real. dont worry.
OFFLINE |  
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 12:57 PM

It's clearly fake, i could make it in five minutes.

No, less, four.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 04-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

It's clearly fake, i could make it in five minutes.

No, less, four.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
OFFLINE |  
Tertius Oculum's Avatar Tertius Oculum
04-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Why do you people always say that? For the last time, I think the leak is probably the best work they've done, but I don't think it's the real album they were working on.

A very bad thread.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 688

Quote:
Why do you people always say that? For the last time, I think the leak is probably the best work they've done, but I don't think it's the real album they were working on.

A very bad thread.
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 01:03 PM

yea not everyone that believes the hoax theory hates the album....

I'm between two minds right now, but I like the leak either way.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #14

OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikeme

I tend to believe nothing but embrace the possibility of anything. The album could not be the real deal, or it could. I sit there on the fence ballancing like a twat between the both ideals.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlikeme

I tend to believe nothing but embrace the possibility of anything. The album could not be the real deal, or it could. I sit there on the fence ballancing like a twat between the both ideals.
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 01:13 PM

yeah, thats pretty much what I'm doing...
I don't necessarily think this is a decoy, but I'm pretty sure something is going on that we don't know about. It is Tool after all.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #16

yeah, thats pretty much what I'm doing...
I don't necessarily think this is a decoy, but I'm pretty sure something is going on that we don't know about. It is Tool after all.
OFFLINE |  
04-22-2006, 01:18 PM

I cannot form an opinion on the album as i have not crumbled and listened to it (Vicarious will help me through the wait), so i can't understand all the hate at the moment. Tool have never failed to deliver and i don't see why they will this time.

The people turning their backs on Tool are really ticking me off. If they'd been patient they would of had two more weeks of Tool speculation and absolutly loved the album when it came out. They have ruined it for themselves, I laugh in their general directions.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

I cannot form an opinion on the album as i have not crumbled and listened to it (Vicarious will help me through the wait), so i can't understand all the hate at the moment. Tool have never failed to deliver and i don't see why they will this time.

The people turning their backs on Tool are really ticking me off. If they'd been patient they would of had two more weeks of Tool speculation and absolutly loved the album when it came out. They have ruined it for themselves, I laugh in their general directions.
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 01:20 PM

well done on resisting the leak
Old 04-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #18

well done on resisting the leak
OFFLINE |  
stardown's Avatar stardown
04-22-2006, 01:34 PM

Okay okay, the art at least would be very very hard to fake. Then again so would the music? So what will convince you it's real? May 2nd? Actually no, April 28th. We'll let the Aussies confirm it and I bet you'll still deny it? Last question. Where will you and the rest of the "hoax" believers be when this unfolds as truth? Probably nowhere near this forum.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Okay okay, the art at least would be very very hard to fake. Then again so would the music? So what will convince you it's real? May 2nd? Actually no, April 28th. We'll let the Aussies confirm it and I bet you'll still deny it? Last question. Where will you and the rest of the "hoax" believers be when this unfolds as truth? Probably nowhere near this forum.
04-22-2006, 01:38 PM

probably find out wedensday. thats when one of the record stores is getting it in over here- not releasing til friday- but my friend works there, so hopefully have a bit of news then
Old 04-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #20

probably find out wedensday. thats when one of the record stores is getting it in over here- not releasing til friday- but my friend works there, so hopefully have a bit of news then
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply