Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
Dichroic Haze
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM

This was my 5th TOOL show, 2 supporting Lateralus and all 3 Chicago shows supporting 10,000 Days. I must say, last night at Sears Centre was the best I've seen from the boys thus far. Great vibes from the band and crowd. The sound on the floor was fantastic and loud as fuck... in fact my ears are still ringing! The visuals have been overhauled since last leg of tour and they're spot on. 46&2, as played out as it may be, was perfect. The synth segues were very cool, and set the mood really well. Flood & Lateralus were top notch. 10,000 days was mind blowing in every way possible. Thanks to TOOL and their crew for fine tuning this thing to perfection. Bravo. Hope I don't have to wait a few years before the next show.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

This was my 5th TOOL show, 2 supporting Lateralus and all 3 Chicago shows supporting 10,000 Days. I must say, last night at Sears Centre was the best I've seen from the boys thus far. Great vibes from the band and crowd. The sound on the floor was fantastic and loud as fuck... in fact my ears are still ringing! The visuals have been overhauled since last leg of tour and they're spot on. 46&2, as played out as it may be, was perfect. The synth segues were very cool, and set the mood really well. Flood & Lateralus were top notch. 10,000 days was mind blowing in every way possible. Thanks to TOOL and their crew for fine tuning this thing to perfection. Bravo. Hope I don't have to wait a few years before the next show.
OFFLINE |  
toolrox19's Avatar toolrox19
06-28-2007, 02:59 PM

my first tool show, when maynard said 'hi' in the beginning i almost pooped a lott(all tool fans should understand seeing maynard in person 4 the first time when he's soooo amazing 2 u) well, to describe this show best birthday present ever b day was back in may but they wern't in wisconsin or near luckly my brother found tickets, to what may be the best expirence of my life
when they turned on the top screen...awesome then anybody know what song the green lines were in i think schisim maynard just blended in so cool wit that, scream in stinkfist was the musical highlight 4 me but everything was spot on and great got some pay per view port to go watch i think ill post more later sec 108 row 12 peace...out
Old 06-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

my first tool show, when maynard said 'hi' in the beginning i almost pooped a lott(all tool fans should understand seeing maynard in person 4 the first time when he's soooo amazing 2 u) well, to describe this show best birthday present ever b day was back in may but they wern't in wisconsin or near luckly my brother found tickets, to what may be the best expirence of my life
when they turned on the top screen...awesome then anybody know what song the green lines were in i think schisim maynard just blended in so cool wit that, scream in stinkfist was the musical highlight 4 me but everything was spot on and great got some pay per view port to go watch i think ill post more later sec 108 row 12 peace...out
06-28-2007, 03:35 PM

"looks like youre all here...so lets begin"

"weve played these songs a million times, and (somethign about getting into the groove and into that special space) and we want to thank you very very very much for not using flash photography because it messes us up.' then he jus tthanked us some more . seemed like they all relaly enjoyed the show. and maynard was dancing around a whole bunch and then he walked around on stage during the lateralus drum solo and fed the guys gummy worms. he throw one in dannys mouth but he missed. fucking great show. the videos and the screens and the lasers were all exceptional.

edit: and yes he said begin, not start

Last edited by imonlysleeping; 06-28-2007 at 03:42 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #43
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

"looks like youre all here...so lets begin"

"weve played these songs a million times, and (somethign about getting into the groove and into that special space) and we want to thank you very very very much for not using flash photography because it messes us up.' then he jus tthanked us some more . seemed like they all relaly enjoyed the show. and maynard was dancing around a whole bunch and then he walked around on stage during the lateralus drum solo and fed the guys gummy worms. he throw one in dannys mouth but he missed. fucking great show. the videos and the screens and the lasers were all exceptional.

edit: and yes he said begin, not start

Last edited by imonlysleeping; 06-28-2007 at 03:42 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Darkstar
06-28-2007, 05:07 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT A SHOW !!!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT A SHOW !!!
OFFLINE |  
webstir's Avatar webstir
06-28-2007, 05:13 PM

100% Satisfied
We got The Pot & Flood!! FANFUCKINGTASTIC!

Got tickets from TA Pre-sale. Very surprised we weren't on the floor. CLUB VIP SECTION! Sec 102 Row 10 Seats 7&8 We drank beers, dined at the fajita bar and finished eating just minutes before the show began.

I was completely spent physically and mentally afterwards. I yelled until I was hoarse and whistled until I had no spit left. I felt as if some purging process had happened to me and I had been spiritually cleansed. Saw 6 shows prior to this, and I never thought those could be topped, but last night the boys proved otherwise.

BTW, last time TOOL came around to Chicago (All State arena) they ended with Aenema. Not this time, but we got Flood instead and that was perfectly fine with me.

SPIRAL OUT
Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #45
Level 2 - Poster

100% Satisfied
We got The Pot & Flood!! FANFUCKINGTASTIC!

Got tickets from TA Pre-sale. Very surprised we weren't on the floor. CLUB VIP SECTION! Sec 102 Row 10 Seats 7&8 We drank beers, dined at the fajita bar and finished eating just minutes before the show began.

I was completely spent physically and mentally afterwards. I yelled until I was hoarse and whistled until I had no spit left. I felt as if some purging process had happened to me and I had been spiritually cleansed. Saw 6 shows prior to this, and I never thought those could be topped, but last night the boys proved otherwise.

BTW, last time TOOL came around to Chicago (All State arena) they ended with Aenema. Not this time, but we got Flood instead and that was perfectly fine with me.

SPIRAL OUT
OFFLINE |  
ultimullet
06-28-2007, 07:08 PM

this was my 11th tool concert, 6th from 10,000 days tour. apart from the warm-up show in minneapolis, this was the best one of the bunch. what made this show so good:
-the venue: the sound at the sears center was by far better than the allstate arena. the mixing was perfect last night, everything sounded balanced and maynards voice was much clearer than the peoria or cedar rapids shows.
-the crowd: seemed kinda preppy for a tool show, but considerably more respectful than the hicks at the above mentioned shows. nobody throwing shit on stage or taking flash photos and ruining the experience for the rest of us.
-the band: tool has delivered an excellent show every time i have seen them, but last night was just a cut above. the band seemed in good spirits from the begining with maynard talking a little more than usual. plus we got the pot!
-the performance: highlights for me were rosetta stoned, lateralus, flood, jambi, and wings/10,000 days. maynard's voice sounded great, and he really let it rip a few times. he was very animated and fun to watch. danny is just fucking incredible, i loved it when they would focus the lighting on him to showcase his ass-kicking talent, particularly during lateralus, 46 and 2, rosetta stoned. justins bass playing was excellent, especially the full intro to flood and during lost keys/rosetta stoned. adam sounded great, schism and wings were awesome, and the extra talkbox effect during the lateralus drum solos was cool.
-rosetta stoned: this is my favorite song off 10,000 days and last night it was played to perfection. "holy fucking shit!"
hope this isn't the last time i see them until we get a new album. thanks tool and their crew for such as excellent performance, spiral out, keep going
Old 06-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

this was my 11th tool concert, 6th from 10,000 days tour. apart from the warm-up show in minneapolis, this was the best one of the bunch. what made this show so good:
-the venue: the sound at the sears center was by far better than the allstate arena. the mixing was perfect last night, everything sounded balanced and maynards voice was much clearer than the peoria or cedar rapids shows.
-the crowd: seemed kinda preppy for a tool show, but considerably more respectful than the hicks at the above mentioned shows. nobody throwing shit on stage or taking flash photos and ruining the experience for the rest of us.
-the band: tool has delivered an excellent show every time i have seen them, but last night was just a cut above. the band seemed in good spirits from the begining with maynard talking a little more than usual. plus we got the pot!
-the performance: highlights for me were rosetta stoned, lateralus, flood, jambi, and wings/10,000 days. maynard's voice sounded great, and he really let it rip a few times. he was very animated and fun to watch. danny is just fucking incredible, i loved it when they would focus the lighting on him to showcase his ass-kicking talent, particularly during lateralus, 46 and 2, rosetta stoned. justins bass playing was excellent, especially the full intro to flood and during lost keys/rosetta stoned. adam sounded great, schism and wings were awesome, and the extra talkbox effect during the lateralus drum solos was cool.
-rosetta stoned: this is my favorite song off 10,000 days and last night it was played to perfection. "holy fucking shit!"
hope this isn't the last time i see them until we get a new album. thanks tool and their crew for such as excellent performance, spiral out, keep going
OFFLINE |  
Drawn Under's Avatar Drawn Under
06-28-2007, 07:15 PM

How bout that show everybody? Purely insane, such an awesome performance> Third time seeing them, saw them at the auditorium theatre (presidential box seats), allstate, and now sears center and they always seem to outdo themselves! It was purely amazing, i had an inkling they would open with Jambi because I thought of how great of an opener that'd be the day before. That drum battle was awesome as well, I love watching that blur that is danney's hands and drum sticks as he graces us with his skill. The drummer, coady willis (i think it was), for big business was awesome but his bandmates really need to do some work to get up to par with him. Flood was definately a surprise, when the water visuals started to appear I was hoping for swamp song but flood works well too! Purely an amazing show it is really hard to put it into words. I still would really like them to play pushit sometime cuz that is probably one of my all time favorites. See all you tool fans at summerfest next week for possibly the best fourth of july celebration ever!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

How bout that show everybody? Purely insane, such an awesome performance> Third time seeing them, saw them at the auditorium theatre (presidential box seats), allstate, and now sears center and they always seem to outdo themselves! It was purely amazing, i had an inkling they would open with Jambi because I thought of how great of an opener that'd be the day before. That drum battle was awesome as well, I love watching that blur that is danney's hands and drum sticks as he graces us with his skill. The drummer, coady willis (i think it was), for big business was awesome but his bandmates really need to do some work to get up to par with him. Flood was definately a surprise, when the water visuals started to appear I was hoping for swamp song but flood works well too! Purely an amazing show it is really hard to put it into words. I still would really like them to play pushit sometime cuz that is probably one of my all time favorites. See all you tool fans at summerfest next week for possibly the best fourth of july celebration ever!
06-29-2007, 10:52 AM

OK here it is- The good, bad, and ugly.

Good- TOOL is and always will be the best fuckn band in the world (too me). I've been to 10 shows over a long span of years and always leave the grounds satisfied. This show was no exception. After such a long tour, Maynard’s voice sounded fresh and he wasn’t scared to spew blood from his larynx with some intense screaming. The lights and video was the best I've seen a while... the crowed was really into it. Not to mention the arena was perfect for the show. Most importantly, the band seemed really into it and fuckn rocked.

Bad- First of all... new TOOL fans kind of lick my balls... All these damn kids were more interested in taking pictures on their God damn cell phones then being tuned into the music and what was happening. By the way, I'm still a damn kid, but some of these little shits weren't born before Undertow even came out. I'm not sayn they need to stick with go'n to their kelly klarson concerts, I'm just sayn get in to it, Don't be fuckn lame and sit there like statue, wonder'n if people think you're cool or some shit. In any case I thought the crowd could have been more into it. I was at a TOOL show in Bakersfield, CA (lame ass po dunk cow town) a few years back, and people went fuckn crazy. Best TOOL show ever. Maynard even said "We love play'n where our real fans are" (something along those lines). The music was fast, Maynard was out of his mind, and the band was feeding off crowd. You figure Chitown folk would bring the fuck'n heat compared to the good old boys from little old Bakersfield... not the case.

Ugly- It's really sad to have to say this, but I think TOOL is past their prime. Don't get me wrong, every thing about the show was awesome, but over the last couple of years, it's get'n slower and they play more attempted artsy fartsy bullshit in between each song, it just doesn't seem to fuckn rock like it used to. But... maybe its me... maybe get'n to be the fuckn old guy and I need to move on.

TOOL is the best fuckn band ever!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

OK here it is- The good, bad, and ugly.

Good- TOOL is and always will be the best fuckn band in the world (too me). I've been to 10 shows over a long span of years and always leave the grounds satisfied. This show was no exception. After such a long tour, Maynard’s voice sounded fresh and he wasn’t scared to spew blood from his larynx with some intense screaming. The lights and video was the best I've seen a while... the crowed was really into it. Not to mention the arena was perfect for the show. Most importantly, the band seemed really into it and fuckn rocked.

Bad- First of all... new TOOL fans kind of lick my balls... All these damn kids were more interested in taking pictures on their God damn cell phones then being tuned into the music and what was happening. By the way, I'm still a damn kid, but some of these little shits weren't born before Undertow even came out. I'm not sayn they need to stick with go'n to their kelly klarson concerts, I'm just sayn get in to it, Don't be fuckn lame and sit there like statue, wonder'n if people think you're cool or some shit. In any case I thought the crowd could have been more into it. I was at a TOOL show in Bakersfield, CA (lame ass po dunk cow town) a few years back, and people went fuckn crazy. Best TOOL show ever. Maynard even said "We love play'n where our real fans are" (something along those lines). The music was fast, Maynard was out of his mind, and the band was feeding off crowd. You figure Chitown folk would bring the fuck'n heat compared to the good old boys from little old Bakersfield... not the case.

Ugly- It's really sad to have to say this, but I think TOOL is past their prime. Don't get me wrong, every thing about the show was awesome, but over the last couple of years, it's get'n slower and they play more attempted artsy fartsy bullshit in between each song, it just doesn't seem to fuckn rock like it used to. But... maybe its me... maybe get'n to be the fuckn old guy and I need to move on.

TOOL is the best fuckn band ever!
OFFLINE |  
eboyer
06-29-2007, 11:17 AM

lol, how can you tell people to get into the show, and then say you dont want to hear instrumentals between songs? its a fucking amazing show. they have absolutely perfected it.

this show hands down was the best concert ive ever seen.

4th tool show, sat in the tool army section right next to the stage.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #49
Level 4 - Thinker

lol, how can you tell people to get into the show, and then say you dont want to hear instrumentals between songs? its a fucking amazing show. they have absolutely perfected it.

this show hands down was the best concert ive ever seen.

4th tool show, sat in the tool army section right next to the stage.
OFFLINE |  
Benjees82
06-29-2007, 12:00 PM

I personally love the parts in between the songs. I usually know what song's gonna be next just by checkin out setlists, but occasionally, they play some notes and tease the fuck out of everybody. I REALLY liked the beginning of Lost Keys, especially in Cedar Rapids. They played those notes SOOOOO SLOOOOWWW. So slowly that I had a hard time keeping the beat with it. It seemed to me that the band did this to play with the crowd a bit, and I had a good time with it. Also the buildup that these segues create is so intense at times, that it's hard to imagine a show without them.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

I personally love the parts in between the songs. I usually know what song's gonna be next just by checkin out setlists, but occasionally, they play some notes and tease the fuck out of everybody. I REALLY liked the beginning of Lost Keys, especially in Cedar Rapids. They played those notes SOOOOO SLOOOOWWW. So slowly that I had a hard time keeping the beat with it. It seemed to me that the band did this to play with the crowd a bit, and I had a good time with it. Also the buildup that these segues create is so intense at times, that it's hard to imagine a show without them.
OFFLINE |  
Maz46&2
06-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Maynard's EXACT quote after Lateralus:

"Thank you very much, Cody. Thank you all for coming down. If I may take a moment to pontificate. We've played these songs a million times and even so, it still takes time to get back into that crazy space, that intimate space, that focused head-space. It's not as easy as it looks and we thank you very, very much. We thank you VERY much for not using your flash cameras tonight, it really helps us focus and it helps us put on a good show for you. Thank you very, very much.

Now having said that, we have to get back to some pay-per-view porn at the hotel. So we'll see you later on. Peace...out."
Old 06-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #51
Level 8 - Vociferous

Maynard's EXACT quote after Lateralus:

"Thank you very much, Cody. Thank you all for coming down. If I may take a moment to pontificate. We've played these songs a million times and even so, it still takes time to get back into that crazy space, that intimate space, that focused head-space. It's not as easy as it looks and we thank you very, very much. We thank you VERY much for not using your flash cameras tonight, it really helps us focus and it helps us put on a good show for you. Thank you very, very much.

Now having said that, we have to get back to some pay-per-view porn at the hotel. So we'll see you later on. Peace...out."
06-30-2007, 02:12 PM

I just got back from my epic trip to Chicago and all I can say is TOOL!!! I was at the front rail and nearly dead center. I got to the front about the time 46&2 was ending. I was at the concert in St. Paul in a seat and I thought the very front was mush better for some visuals because it felt like I could just put my hand up and grab the lasers.

P.S. someone tried to pick pocket my friend. Also the guy with crutches had only one leg I saw him crowd surfing at the front along with some titties. ololololol
Old 06-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #53
Level 2 - Poster

I just got back from my epic trip to Chicago and all I can say is TOOL!!! I was at the front rail and nearly dead center. I got to the front about the time 46&2 was ending. I was at the concert in St. Paul in a seat and I thought the very front was mush better for some visuals because it felt like I could just put my hand up and grab the lasers.

P.S. someone tried to pick pocket my friend. Also the guy with crutches had only one leg I saw him crowd surfing at the front along with some titties. ololololol
OFFLINE |  
doug galecawitz's Avatar doug galecawitz
06-30-2007, 08:35 PM

After failing on several occasions over the last ten years to net myself some tool tickets i had pretty much given up any and all efforts, when lo and behold. two tickets wound up in my pocket for the sears centre show. since i didn't have a gorgeous young lady to accompany me, i figured i'd sell my extra ticket to my friend of fourteen years, Vutzy. I used a day of vacation to get out of work and off we headed up I-355, to Elgin.

I decided long before the concert that i wasn't going to drink (unusual for me) because when drinking nowadays i have a tendency to pass out and no wake up even through the sound of gunfire (yes, this has been tested). Since i can't smoke because of the possibility of drug testing at my work i should have thought to get some mushrooms, but i'm not very smart.

The sears centre wasn't very big and suprisingly the show wasn't sold out as there were a number of upper level seats unoccupied. a bit have forward thinking would have told me to bring binoculars (not that we that far.... 75 ft or so) but.....
When first sitting down in my seat i figured that it was going to be a major pain in the neck, literally. The Sears Centre is made more for hockey games or something of that nature and the stage was way off to the side, requiring me to crane my neck about 65º. Suffice it to say a seventy minute show would have me cramped up. The solution, while not entirely satisfying did prevent neck problems. Everyone just stood for the entire length of the show.

The crowd ratio was about 35 guys to every girl. I suppose thats about as good as one can hope for. But what was the deal with all of the "That Guy"s in the crowd. Did a third of this crowd miss the memo that you're not suppose to wear the band's tee shirt to their show? Everyone knows you like tool, now wear a different shirt. I was, by the pudgy little man in the pink floyd pajama pants, and a tee shirt with a picture of me wearing a tee shirt of myself, on. I also had a bad haircut.

Anyhow. the opening band started and played but i barely peaked in on them fearing the neck crane in my seat. They played a four song seat or so that from the lobby didn't sound all that impressive. Personally i would rather seen Penn and Teller open for Tool, especially given similar themes in each other's art. Or a decent stand-up comedian, but like mick jagger said "you can't always get what you want".

When tool finally came on marajuana smoke instantly began to fill the area. i didn't mind so much, except that the two or three groups of people passing around to each other and between groups could have at least done the decent thing and offer up instead of passing between rows right pass my fucking head like i'm invisible. maybe i just look like a douchebag

As for tool themselves maynard was wearing a cowboy hat and what looked vaguely like a Ramones t-shirt, but it was hard to tell because he spent the entire concert in silhouette. At first he looked like he was in a limbo contest and that eventually gave way to more simple rocking back and forth not too much unlike R.E.M.'s Micheal Stipe. The backing grafix to the songs ranged from re-edited videos for songs that actually had videos, to alex grey inspired computer grafix, to just out and out 60's style psychedelica updated for 21st century sensibilities.

As the show progressed the elaborations of light, smoke, graphics, and lasers became increasingly more complex and interwoven which made me wish i had bought some psychedelics, so instead of being a monkey entertained by moving lights i could at least be a stoned monkey blown away by moving lights.

The sound was good at the sears centre and at times (i know i'm getting way too old) even a bit too loud. The screeching solos during stinkfist were almost as painful as the sound of shotgun fire with unprotected ears, it really was overwhelming. By now you've already read the track listing for what tool played, and i'm sure others have complained about the rigid predictability of their play list. can't say i was disappointed there. i may not yet be as familiar with 10,000 days as many were there, but i take along time to let an album seep in and soak my brain.

overall saying as how it was my first concert in five or six years i'd say that i'd still go and see tool, just wish i could have seen them when i still had some of that youthful fire...................
Old 06-30-2007, 08:35 PM   #54
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

After failing on several occasions over the last ten years to net myself some tool tickets i had pretty much given up any and all efforts, when lo and behold. two tickets wound up in my pocket for the sears centre show. since i didn't have a gorgeous young lady to accompany me, i figured i'd sell my extra ticket to my friend of fourteen years, Vutzy. I used a day of vacation to get out of work and off we headed up I-355, to Elgin.

I decided long before the concert that i wasn't going to drink (unusual for me) because when drinking nowadays i have a tendency to pass out and no wake up even through the sound of gunfire (yes, this has been tested). Since i can't smoke because of the possibility of drug testing at my work i should have thought to get some mushrooms, but i'm not very smart.

The sears centre wasn't very big and suprisingly the show wasn't sold out as there were a number of upper level seats unoccupied. a bit have forward thinking would have told me to bring binoculars (not that we that far.... 75 ft or so) but.....
When first sitting down in my seat i figured that it was going to be a major pain in the neck, literally. The Sears Centre is made more for hockey games or something of that nature and the stage was way off to the side, requiring me to crane my neck about 65º. Suffice it to say a seventy minute show would have me cramped up. The solution, while not entirely satisfying did prevent neck problems. Everyone just stood for the entire length of the show.

The crowd ratio was about 35 guys to every girl. I suppose thats about as good as one can hope for. But what was the deal with all of the "That Guy"s in the crowd. Did a third of this crowd miss the memo that you're not suppose to wear the band's tee shirt to their show? Everyone knows you like tool, now wear a different shirt. I was, by the pudgy little man in the pink floyd pajama pants, and a tee shirt with a picture of me wearing a tee shirt of myself, on. I also had a bad haircut.

Anyhow. the opening band started and played but i barely peaked in on them fearing the neck crane in my seat. They played a four song seat or so that from the lobby didn't sound all that impressive. Personally i would rather seen Penn and Teller open for Tool, especially given similar themes in each other's art. Or a decent stand-up comedian, but like mick jagger said "you can't always get what you want".

When tool finally came on marajuana smoke instantly began to fill the area. i didn't mind so much, except that the two or three groups of people passing around to each other and between groups could have at least done the decent thing and offer up instead of passing between rows right pass my fucking head like i'm invisible. maybe i just look like a douchebag

As for tool themselves maynard was wearing a cowboy hat and what looked vaguely like a Ramones t-shirt, but it was hard to tell because he spent the entire concert in silhouette. At first he looked like he was in a limbo contest and that eventually gave way to more simple rocking back and forth not too much unlike R.E.M.'s Micheal Stipe. The backing grafix to the songs ranged from re-edited videos for songs that actually had videos, to alex grey inspired computer grafix, to just out and out 60's style psychedelica updated for 21st century sensibilities.

As the show progressed the elaborations of light, smoke, graphics, and lasers became increasingly more complex and interwoven which made me wish i had bought some psychedelics, so instead of being a monkey entertained by moving lights i could at least be a stoned monkey blown away by moving lights.

The sound was good at the sears centre and at times (i know i'm getting way too old) even a bit too loud. The screeching solos during stinkfist were almost as painful as the sound of shotgun fire with unprotected ears, it really was overwhelming. By now you've already read the track listing for what tool played, and i'm sure others have complained about the rigid predictability of their play list. can't say i was disappointed there. i may not yet be as familiar with 10,000 days as many were there, but i take along time to let an album seep in and soak my brain.

overall saying as how it was my first concert in five or six years i'd say that i'd still go and see tool, just wish i could have seen them when i still had some of that youthful fire...................
07-01-2007, 04:55 AM

Great show. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. However, getting in at the Sears Center Sucks. Lets see now. The line was at least 200 yards long and only one door open. Took around 25 minutes to get in. Never took this long at the other shows. If you by a ticket you should expect to enter at a reasonable time. This is what happens when management doesn't know what's going on. Sears Center should have had more employees at the door to assure that every paying customer entered at a reasonable time. The only reason why the Sears Center was built was to cater to the customer. This is how venues get labeled. By poor customer service. This is by far the worst venue I've ever been to. Shame on the management.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:55 AM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. However, getting in at the Sears Center Sucks. Lets see now. The line was at least 200 yards long and only one door open. Took around 25 minutes to get in. Never took this long at the other shows. If you by a ticket you should expect to enter at a reasonable time. This is what happens when management doesn't know what's going on. Sears Center should have had more employees at the door to assure that every paying customer entered at a reasonable time. The only reason why the Sears Center was built was to cater to the customer. This is how venues get labeled. By poor customer service. This is by far the worst venue I've ever been to. Shame on the management.
OFFLINE |  
Toolvana
07-02-2007, 08:16 PM

My 7th show.
Good setlist. Flood. :)
Vocal mix was too low at times, especially during Wings For Marie.
Either the high volume or sound board guys being high caused too much distortion/noise/feedback/etc. to hear Adam's guitar clearly.
Maynard tossing gummi worms.
Great laser/light show during Wings and Lateralus.
Big Business did strange things to my friends brain, had to help walk her out of GA.
7 foot tall guy, with his 5 foot girlfriend in tow, walking to the extreme ends of the GA floor multiple times for God knows why, all while acting like a total hardass as he made his way through the crowd. Yes, you are quite tall. No, I'm not impressed.
Not one but two friends pissed into Mountain Dew bottles to/from the show in the limo.
Danny Carey is not human, he is in fact a machine.
Maynard again not singing the end of Vicarious.

All things considered, it was a great show, had a great time, will do it again.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

My 7th show.
Good setlist. Flood. :)
Vocal mix was too low at times, especially during Wings For Marie.
Either the high volume or sound board guys being high caused too much distortion/noise/feedback/etc. to hear Adam's guitar clearly.
Maynard tossing gummi worms.
Great laser/light show during Wings and Lateralus.
Big Business did strange things to my friends brain, had to help walk her out of GA.
7 foot tall guy, with his 5 foot girlfriend in tow, walking to the extreme ends of the GA floor multiple times for God knows why, all while acting like a total hardass as he made his way through the crowd. Yes, you are quite tall. No, I'm not impressed.
Not one but two friends pissed into Mountain Dew bottles to/from the show in the limo.
Danny Carey is not human, he is in fact a machine.
Maynard again not singing the end of Vicarious.

All things considered, it was a great show, had a great time, will do it again.
OFFLINE |  
aftrdark
07-05-2007, 10:07 AM

I got a quick question for you guyz..
In the setup of the stage, is there those huge speakers on each front corner of the stage ?
I'm asking this 'cuz.. I got tickets for the Montreal show this coming tuesday and I just noticed I'm sitting exactly aligned with the corner of the stage on the right side, and at stage level. I hope there's nothing to obstruct the view.
Maybe some of you can help me ?
Cheers !
Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #57
Level 1 - Lurker

I got a quick question for you guyz..
In the setup of the stage, is there those huge speakers on each front corner of the stage ?
I'm asking this 'cuz.. I got tickets for the Montreal show this coming tuesday and I just noticed I'm sitting exactly aligned with the corner of the stage on the right side, and at stage level. I hope there's nothing to obstruct the view.
Maybe some of you can help me ?
Cheers !
OFFLINE |  
toolrox19's Avatar toolrox19
07-08-2007, 03:20 PM

^^^ here check this out should help http://zombpic.the-zomb.com/images/t...1183174955.jpg , but u prolly wont be able to see the screens
Old 07-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

^^^ here check this out should help http://zombpic.the-zomb.com/images/t...1183174955.jpg , but u prolly wont be able to see the screens

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply