Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

didnt this used to be called the Riverfront Coliseum?

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-25-2007 at 05:27 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/24 - Baton Rouge, LA - River Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

didnt this used to be called the Riverfront Coliseum?

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-25-2007 at 05:27 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Puck3tt
05-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings For Marie
10000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

I'm pretty sure that was the order.

Excellent show. Maynard wasn't talkative at all.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-25-2007 at 05:26 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/24 - Baton Rouge, LA - River Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings For Marie
10000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

I'm pretty sure that was the order.

Excellent show. Maynard wasn't talkative at all.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-25-2007 at 05:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Brock Landers
05-24-2007, 08:48 PM

Setlist

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

Didn't get the extended Stinkfist, but dear Lord... PUSHIT! Fantastic, Excellent, Awe-Inspiring performance. The boys were ON tonight. Maynard was active, Danny was-- well-- Danny, and Justin and Adam did their thing as only they can. Only time we were spoken to was a, "Holy Shit!" to start off the show.

Note: If you don't like to hear bitching about other fans, stop here.

People, is moshing really necessary? To Schism? To WINGS FOR MARIE, even? Why push and punch and aggravate everyone near you whenever there is something incredible taking place on the stage in front of you? Mind-boggling. However, other than our meat-headed companions, the crowd was terrific tonight. Great energy throughout, and reverence whenever necessary. Thank you TOOL, it was a great time. If I'm lucky, I'll get to do it again.

E.T.A. (for paraflux): The arena used to be called the Riverside Centroplex, but was renamed the River Center after some recent renovations (arena still sucks, though). It's all part of some giant plan to rejuvenate Downtown Baton Rouge. I hope it works, because God knows this city could use a facelift.

Last edited by Brock Landers; 05-24-2007 at 09:16 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism (Extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

Didn't get the extended Stinkfist, but dear Lord... PUSHIT! Fantastic, Excellent, Awe-Inspiring performance. The boys were ON tonight. Maynard was active, Danny was-- well-- Danny, and Justin and Adam did their thing as only they can. Only time we were spoken to was a, "Holy Shit!" to start off the show.

Note: If you don't like to hear bitching about other fans, stop here.

People, is moshing really necessary? To Schism? To WINGS FOR MARIE, even? Why push and punch and aggravate everyone near you whenever there is something incredible taking place on the stage in front of you? Mind-boggling. However, other than our meat-headed companions, the crowd was terrific tonight. Great energy throughout, and reverence whenever necessary. Thank you TOOL, it was a great time. If I'm lucky, I'll get to do it again.

E.T.A. (for paraflux): The arena used to be called the Riverside Centroplex, but was renamed the River Center after some recent renovations (arena still sucks, though). It's all part of some giant plan to rejuvenate Downtown Baton Rouge. I hope it works, because God knows this city could use a facelift.

Last edited by Brock Landers; 05-24-2007 at 09:16 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Travis0949
05-24-2007, 08:54 PM

wow...PUSHIT was so mind blowing...it must have been a long time since they played that. i was front row..on the rail..thanks tool army. infront of adam. during the break before 10K days...danny was infront of me and i said "hey man, thanks for playing hurt, it means alot to all of us, thanks man" he looked down and gave me the thumbs up...wow that was cool, the only thing that was weird was that adam looked sad and out of it the entire time..i kept yelling, 'adam, smile, come on man, we all love you man, smile" not sure if he ever noticed.....wow pushit...wow pushit!!!!!!!!!!! i also saw them in san ant and kinda thought that that amaizing show would be hard to match up to, but i live in Baton Rouge and had presale tickets...it was standing row in Baton Rouge, not seats like san ant!!!!!!!!!!!wow pushit
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

wow...PUSHIT was so mind blowing...it must have been a long time since they played that. i was front row..on the rail..thanks tool army. infront of adam. during the break before 10K days...danny was infront of me and i said "hey man, thanks for playing hurt, it means alot to all of us, thanks man" he looked down and gave me the thumbs up...wow that was cool, the only thing that was weird was that adam looked sad and out of it the entire time..i kept yelling, 'adam, smile, come on man, we all love you man, smile" not sure if he ever noticed.....wow pushit...wow pushit!!!!!!!!!!! i also saw them in san ant and kinda thought that that amaizing show would be hard to match up to, but i live in Baton Rouge and had presale tickets...it was standing row in Baton Rouge, not seats like san ant!!!!!!!!!!!wow pushit
OFFLINE |  
Sp00k's Avatar Sp00k
05-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck3tt View Post
Yeah. The moshing ruined several moments for me, especially during Wings and 10KDays. What a bunch of idiots.
^^I will ditto this and leave it at that^^ Nevermind, one more thing to add. One of those jokers came flying in between me and my buddy around the end of Jambi and we were like dood wtf? Then he said and I quote, "I'll leave you alone once the mosh pit starts up." It never fails. There will always be these types in every city, unless there's a seated floor. Pros and cons to a seated floor... It keeps the tards from moshing to wings, BUT I would have never got as close to the stage as I did tonight.

I was very hesitant about this show after seeing the Ft. Worth and San Antonio shows. The 7 hour drive from Dallas is kind of a beating, but hey its Tool. This was the show I had been hoping for my entire life. Not only Push it, but Danny's extended Lateralus jam was incredible. He threw his ice bag into the crowd after the sit down. I was hoping he would peg one of the moshing tards in the skull.

Nard was FARRR more animated in his gyrations than he was in Ft. Worth and actually did seem like he was having a good time and wanted to be there. He did sing the "much better you than I" part of Vicarious, but as usual opted out of the full verse. In Ft Worth we didn't even get that.

My buddy and I noticed a few fuckups by Adam, at least I thought they were fuckups, I could be wrong, but nothing major and most probably didn't notice. Justin was solid as always and playing the beer bottle bass cracks me up every time.

Thanks Tool!!!

--edited for spelling corrections to avoid the grammar police. My brain was dead after the show last night.--

Last edited by Sp00k; 05-25-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck3tt View Post
Yeah. The moshing ruined several moments for me, especially during Wings and 10KDays. What a bunch of idiots.
^^I will ditto this and leave it at that^^ Nevermind, one more thing to add. One of those jokers came flying in between me and my buddy around the end of Jambi and we were like dood wtf? Then he said and I quote, "I'll leave you alone once the mosh pit starts up." It never fails. There will always be these types in every city, unless there's a seated floor. Pros and cons to a seated floor... It keeps the tards from moshing to wings, BUT I would have never got as close to the stage as I did tonight.

I was very hesitant about this show after seeing the Ft. Worth and San Antonio shows. The 7 hour drive from Dallas is kind of a beating, but hey its Tool. This was the show I had been hoping for my entire life. Not only Push it, but Danny's extended Lateralus jam was incredible. He threw his ice bag into the crowd after the sit down. I was hoping he would peg one of the moshing tards in the skull.

Nard was FARRR more animated in his gyrations than he was in Ft. Worth and actually did seem like he was having a good time and wanted to be there. He did sing the "much better you than I" part of Vicarious, but as usual opted out of the full verse. In Ft Worth we didn't even get that.

My buddy and I noticed a few fuckups by Adam, at least I thought they were fuckups, I could be wrong, but nothing major and most probably didn't notice. Justin was solid as always and playing the beer bottle bass cracks me up every time.

Thanks Tool!!!

--edited for spelling corrections to avoid the grammar police. My brain was dead after the show last night.--

Last edited by Sp00k; 05-25-2007 at 02:14 PM..
OFFLINE |  
HeartVajra
05-24-2007, 09:35 PM

Yep, that was the correct setlist. I was way the eff up there in the 300 sections towards the side of the stage. Actually was kinda cool b/c I could see Danny play for the first time ever....and now that I've seen how he pulls it all off, well I''ll just say he's not human. Two arms (not the arms WE all have) extend out from his back and assist in the freakish rythinmic patterns that we all know and love. Danny ruled this show. Maynard, Adam and Justin where mere musicians but Danny was fucking living the art !!!!! Oh yeah, Pushit...... was rather pleased that this sucker made the way to the setlist. Mucho happy when Maynard hit the crescendo.... thanks TOOL for the show.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Yep, that was the correct setlist. I was way the eff up there in the 300 sections towards the side of the stage. Actually was kinda cool b/c I could see Danny play for the first time ever....and now that I've seen how he pulls it all off, well I''ll just say he's not human. Two arms (not the arms WE all have) extend out from his back and assist in the freakish rythinmic patterns that we all know and love. Danny ruled this show. Maynard, Adam and Justin where mere musicians but Danny was fucking living the art !!!!! Oh yeah, Pushit...... was rather pleased that this sucker made the way to the setlist. Mucho happy when Maynard hit the crescendo.... thanks TOOL for the show.
OFFLINE |  
bagdasa
05-24-2007, 10:02 PM

saw the gap again today . . . what a show. i came from detroit to see it and i must say, it was worth the near 1000 miles traveled. pushit was amazing. i can't get enough of these fuckin' guys. the show was far better than i expected after reading a lot of reviews from previous shows. this was my 6th show and the first time maynard was dead silent with the crowd, but he made up for it with the band. looking forward to july 3rd in day-twah.
Fox Theatre - Detroit, MI 5/15/06
Palace of Auburn Hills, MI 9/22/06
River Center - Baton Rouge, LA 5/24/07
Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI 7/3/07
Huntington Center - Toledo, OH 1/24/12
Old 05-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

saw the gap again today . . . what a show. i came from detroit to see it and i must say, it was worth the near 1000 miles traveled. pushit was amazing. i can't get enough of these fuckin' guys. the show was far better than i expected after reading a lot of reviews from previous shows. this was my 6th show and the first time maynard was dead silent with the crowd, but he made up for it with the band. looking forward to july 3rd in day-twah.
Fox Theatre - Detroit, MI 5/15/06
Palace of Auburn Hills, MI 9/22/06
River Center - Baton Rouge, LA 5/24/07
Pine Knob - Clarkston, MI 7/3/07
Huntington Center - Toledo, OH 1/24/12
OFFLINE |  
kusanku
05-24-2007, 10:08 PM

they really nailed pushit. This was better than Zep was in '77, and way better than Houston!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

they really nailed pushit. This was better than Zep was in '77, and way better than Houston!
OFFLINE |  
jvalentine's Avatar jvalentine
05-24-2007, 10:21 PM

amazing show....MJK seemed into it but as others have said he didn't say anything to the crowd except "holy shit" when the band came out. Danny is absolutly mind blowing! Justin was into it and wow he gets better ever time i hear him....Adam didn't seem like he was into it, but he still jammed the shit out of the guitar.

The setlist was awesome....PUSHIT rocked.....Lateralus was life altering....and wings/10000 days is epic.

This is the 1st TOOL show I've been to where not one person had one of those stupid laser pointers. I was impressed. other than the moshers the crowd was amazing. The atmosphere was truely spectacular

Thanks TOOL!

Spiral Out.....

One more thing...durning the wings for marie into to 10,000 days...when everybody had their lighters out...it was a truely beautiful scene...it was awsome to see damn near 75% of the River Center lit up (also was a great opportunity to smoke a bowl without security noticing my lighter)

Last edited by paraflux; 06-02-2007 at 06:00 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

amazing show....MJK seemed into it but as others have said he didn't say anything to the crowd except "holy shit" when the band came out. Danny is absolutly mind blowing! Justin was into it and wow he gets better ever time i hear him....Adam didn't seem like he was into it, but he still jammed the shit out of the guitar.

The setlist was awesome....PUSHIT rocked.....Lateralus was life altering....and wings/10000 days is epic.

This is the 1st TOOL show I've been to where not one person had one of those stupid laser pointers. I was impressed. other than the moshers the crowd was amazing. The atmosphere was truely spectacular

Thanks TOOL!

Spiral Out.....

One more thing...durning the wings for marie into to 10,000 days...when everybody had their lighters out...it was a truely beautiful scene...it was awsome to see damn near 75% of the River Center lit up (also was a great opportunity to smoke a bowl without security noticing my lighter)

Last edited by paraflux; 06-02-2007 at 06:00 AM..
OFFLINE |  
zeik's Avatar zeik
05-24-2007, 10:27 PM

my first tool show, and i couldnt have asked for better. i was so excited to hear pushit, everyone's been complaining that they wanted to hear it. i was in the 300 level also, and the view during the break with all the lighters in the air was awesome. maynard did a fun little dance with his hat during jambi.

the only thing that annoyed me was this loaded guy next to me who kept hitting on me, spilling his beer, and talking during wings ("THIS IS THE BEST PART! LISTEN! LISTEN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"). he kept talking about how much fun it would be to be "tripping balls." he was reeeeal cool.

they finished a few minutes before 11. sad face.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

my first tool show, and i couldnt have asked for better. i was so excited to hear pushit, everyone's been complaining that they wanted to hear it. i was in the 300 level also, and the view during the break with all the lighters in the air was awesome. maynard did a fun little dance with his hat during jambi.

the only thing that annoyed me was this loaded guy next to me who kept hitting on me, spilling his beer, and talking during wings ("THIS IS THE BEST PART! LISTEN! LISTEN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"). he kept talking about how much fun it would be to be "tripping balls." he was reeeeal cool.

they finished a few minutes before 11. sad face.
OFFLINE |  
meatchunk's Avatar meatchunk
05-24-2007, 11:38 PM

It could be just me, but something seemed to have happened during 10,000 days that got them outa sync with one another? The other two songs, Lateralus and Vicarious, as well. It seemed they were having trouble figuring out where the other was, and just as soon as they got it all back together, they would lose it again. Did anyone else notice this?

Last edited by meatchunk; 05-25-2007 at 03:17 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

It could be just me, but something seemed to have happened during 10,000 days that got them outa sync with one another? The other two songs, Lateralus and Vicarious, as well. It seemed they were having trouble figuring out where the other was, and just as soon as they got it all back together, they would lose it again. Did anyone else notice this?

Last edited by meatchunk; 05-25-2007 at 03:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
ThaVindicatedOne's Avatar ThaVindicatedOne
05-25-2007, 04:15 AM

First time for me to see them live. I was two or three rows back from front (dead fuckin' center!) in the pit. I was so close and it was so raw I could taste it. Pure adrenalin rush the whole time from start to finish. Though at moments I wanted to choke someone because of retarded moshers (during Wings/10KD for fuck's sake? Show some class and a shred of intelligence, PLEASE) and idiots who dragged their bimbo girlfriends (no offense to the ladies who are REAL Tool fans) along, who also contributed to the rough-housing in an effort to get to the front of the pit (fuckin' bitches...). Couple other belligerent cockfaces tried to start shit with my friend and his GF who were just standing there and happened to shove back when the other people tried to mosh.

Pushit totally blew my mind. EOS.

Other than that, incredible and unforgettable time for me. Oh, and Mr. Maynard Keenan should give dance lessons 'cause I'd totally sign up for that shit.

Last edited by ThaVindicatedOne; 05-25-2007 at 04:22 AM..
Old 05-25-2007, 04:15 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

First time for me to see them live. I was two or three rows back from front (dead fuckin' center!) in the pit. I was so close and it was so raw I could taste it. Pure adrenalin rush the whole time from start to finish. Though at moments I wanted to choke someone because of retarded moshers (during Wings/10KD for fuck's sake? Show some class and a shred of intelligence, PLEASE) and idiots who dragged their bimbo girlfriends (no offense to the ladies who are REAL Tool fans) along, who also contributed to the rough-housing in an effort to get to the front of the pit (fuckin' bitches...). Couple other belligerent cockfaces tried to start shit with my friend and his GF who were just standing there and happened to shove back when the other people tried to mosh.

Pushit totally blew my mind. EOS.

Other than that, incredible and unforgettable time for me. Oh, and Mr. Maynard Keenan should give dance lessons 'cause I'd totally sign up for that shit.

Last edited by ThaVindicatedOne; 05-25-2007 at 04:22 AM..
OFFLINE |  
wayngo
05-25-2007, 04:58 AM

No offense guys, but what did you expect on the floor? I wasnt moshing but it was funny to see the horror on some peoples faces like this moshing thing was completely new and unchartered territory. You should have bought balcony tickets. Its a rock show for gods sakes. People have fun in different ways. Not everyone wants to just stand and sway.

As for the show, I was blown away. Not sure if it was a good idea to know the set list already, but getting push it was a nice surprise. Id have to take push it over right in two, so glad we got it. The lazers were cooler than I expected. Towards the end, one of the beams came right in front of me in the crowd. Guess that was a mistake or something broke and none of the other beam ever touched people. Not sure if its bad for the eyes or not, but the people in front of me decided to let it shine on their face and make out.

Oh I was surprised at the sounds Justin was making with his bass. I thought some of that was guitar or keyboard on the cds. Very nice

This was my second time seeing them and it was a better show overall than last time they were in baton rouge. Mostly probably because Im more into their music than I was back then so I could take in the little things

Last edited by wayngo; 05-25-2007 at 08:13 AM..
Old 05-25-2007, 04:58 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

No offense guys, but what did you expect on the floor? I wasnt moshing but it was funny to see the horror on some peoples faces like this moshing thing was completely new and unchartered territory. You should have bought balcony tickets. Its a rock show for gods sakes. People have fun in different ways. Not everyone wants to just stand and sway.

As for the show, I was blown away. Not sure if it was a good idea to know the set list already, but getting push it was a nice surprise. Id have to take push it over right in two, so glad we got it. The lazers were cooler than I expected. Towards the end, one of the beams came right in front of me in the crowd. Guess that was a mistake or something broke and none of the other beam ever touched people. Not sure if its bad for the eyes or not, but the people in front of me decided to let it shine on their face and make out.

Oh I was surprised at the sounds Justin was making with his bass. I thought some of that was guitar or keyboard on the cds. Very nice

This was my second time seeing them and it was a better show overall than last time they were in baton rouge. Mostly probably because Im more into their music than I was back then so I could take in the little things

Last edited by wayngo; 05-25-2007 at 08:13 AM..
OFFLINE |  
nvguy's Avatar nvguy
05-25-2007, 08:50 AM

Well this show was simply amazing... After being at the Bossier City show and that being my first I didn't think I could experience anything better but I was wrong... TOOL is just indescribable... their concerts are so full of energy... Baton Rouge's crowd was 10 times larger than in Bossier so definitely louder in BR... crowd was totally into it which I think it felt as if the band was feeding off of it... especially Maynard... "Holy shit" were the only words out of his mouth but it was ok because his singing and dancing was more than enough...

I was sitting in 314... I loved those seats... right on top of the stage... could see all the guys perfect and even got to see Danny's amazing double bass legs... he is my idol..The sound was perfect where I was...just speechless about the whole concert

I noticed that after Rosetta Stoned instead of them going into Right In Two like last concert that Adam walked off stage to switch guitars, and Maynard was talking to one of the stage crew members... I knew somthing different was coming.. PUSHIT!!! It was amazing to hear this song... I love this song and my body went numb when the guitars began... wow

The whole show was perfect... I'd go to a million of their shows if I could... I don't think anything will top the concert I experienced last night... Maynard was great and was really into the music... Justin was fucking the shit outa his bass again... Adam was playing everything with so much ease... Danny was simply unbelievable... great concert

Thanks Tool!

Last edited by nvguy; 05-25-2007 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: Added Info
Old 05-25-2007, 08:50 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Well this show was simply amazing... After being at the Bossier City show and that being my first I didn't think I could experience anything better but I was wrong... TOOL is just indescribable... their concerts are so full of energy... Baton Rouge's crowd was 10 times larger than in Bossier so definitely louder in BR... crowd was totally into it which I think it felt as if the band was feeding off of it... especially Maynard... "Holy shit" were the only words out of his mouth but it was ok because his singing and dancing was more than enough...

I was sitting in 314... I loved those seats... right on top of the stage... could see all the guys perfect and even got to see Danny's amazing double bass legs... he is my idol..The sound was perfect where I was...just speechless about the whole concert

I noticed that after Rosetta Stoned instead of them going into Right In Two like last concert that Adam walked off stage to switch guitars, and Maynard was talking to one of the stage crew members... I knew somthing different was coming.. PUSHIT!!! It was amazing to hear this song... I love this song and my body went numb when the guitars began... wow

The whole show was perfect... I'd go to a million of their shows if I could... I don't think anything will top the concert I experienced last night... Maynard was great and was really into the music... Justin was fucking the shit outa his bass again... Adam was playing everything with so much ease... Danny was simply unbelievable... great concert

Thanks Tool!

Last edited by nvguy; 05-25-2007 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: Added Info
OFFLINE |  
killjoy213's Avatar killjoy213
05-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post

hahaha i was RIGHT there when that guy ran up and said that hahaha

only complaint i have really besides a few moments like that was the fucking security....jesus fucking christ man......

yelling at people and tossing people out for nothing.....bulls on parade

no camera phones...no smoking....i was waiting for the motherfuckers to start telling everyone to stop talking

it was disgusting.....towards the end of the night the crowd was getting fed up and starting to yell back at them....it was gross....

ive been to hundreds upon hundreds of concerts and either things are changing and im not aware of new laws ...or the river center is run by nazi's

anyone else have a problem with it?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post

hahaha i was RIGHT there when that guy ran up and said that hahaha

only complaint i have really besides a few moments like that was the fucking security....jesus fucking christ man......

yelling at people and tossing people out for nothing.....bulls on parade

no camera phones...no smoking....i was waiting for the motherfuckers to start telling everyone to stop talking

it was disgusting.....towards the end of the night the crowd was getting fed up and starting to yell back at them....it was gross....

ive been to hundreds upon hundreds of concerts and either things are changing and im not aware of new laws ...or the river center is run by nazi's

anyone else have a problem with it?
OFFLINE |  
iTrip
05-25-2007, 10:24 AM

OH MY GOD!! That was the best time of my life. We had perfect seats to sit down and be beaten by the greatness of TOOL. A trip at that concert is DEFINATLY the way to see it. I am still blown away. Some of the highlights of the entire night, besides songs...

A.) When everyone pulled out their lighter and the entire river center lit the fuck up!! Hell yea son, hell yea.

B.) That feeling and energy everyone gave when it was over... I had to sit back down for 25 minutes just to recooperate from Tool.

C.) The River after the concert just to relax and chill.

I AM DEFINATLY GOING TO ANOTHER CONCERT!!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

OH MY GOD!! That was the best time of my life. We had perfect seats to sit down and be beaten by the greatness of TOOL. A trip at that concert is DEFINATLY the way to see it. I am still blown away. Some of the highlights of the entire night, besides songs...

A.) When everyone pulled out their lighter and the entire river center lit the fuck up!! Hell yea son, hell yea.

B.) That feeling and energy everyone gave when it was over... I had to sit back down for 25 minutes just to recooperate from Tool.

C.) The River after the concert just to relax and chill.

I AM DEFINATLY GOING TO ANOTHER CONCERT!!!!
OFFLINE |  
CCC
05-25-2007, 01:47 PM

This was my second time to see tool. It was an awesome show but I think I liked them at coachella better. Maynard talked so much there but only said two words this time... they also played aenema which was amazing so I guess it would be hard to beat that. Still a GREAT show though. I was blown away by the lazer/light show! definitely not a disappointment!
Old 05-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #17
CCC
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second time to see tool. It was an awesome show but I think I liked them at coachella better. Maynard talked so much there but only said two words this time... they also played aenema which was amazing so I guess it would be hard to beat that. Still a GREAT show though. I was blown away by the lazer/light show! definitely not a disappointment!
OFFLINE |  
Al911
05-25-2007, 02:20 PM

This was my 4th Tool concert, and it was an excellent show. I thought the band sounded great and the laser/light show was phenominal. I couldn't believe we were one of the few lucky crowds to hear Pushit this tour, and it was fucking awesome. I really dont have any complaints at all about the show. The best part is that I had 4 Tool virgins with me last night, and they were totally blown away. I hope they make it back here before the tour ends. Thanks again Tool!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:20 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 4th Tool concert, and it was an excellent show. I thought the band sounded great and the laser/light show was phenominal. I couldn't believe we were one of the few lucky crowds to hear Pushit this tour, and it was fucking awesome. I really dont have any complaints at all about the show. The best part is that I had 4 Tool virgins with me last night, and they were totally blown away. I hope they make it back here before the tour ends. Thanks again Tool!
OFFLINE |  
JacobSmith
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM

GOOD SHOW...Push it, I thought I'd never get to see that one in person, the crew in doctor suits were rather interesting, the show flowed, best set list i've seen this whole tour, guys were on there game, I was glued to my seat with a good view, GOOD SHOW
Old 05-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

GOOD SHOW...Push it, I thought I'd never get to see that one in person, the crew in doctor suits were rather interesting, the show flowed, best set list i've seen this whole tour, guys were on there game, I was glued to my seat with a good view, GOOD SHOW
OFFLINE |  
darkprince_of_acidxbath's Avatar darkprince_of_acidxbath
05-25-2007, 05:50 PM

All i can say is WOW! I have been to quite a few shows but this one was by all means the best show i have ever been to and most likely the best show that i will ever see for the rest of my life. It was funny to see maynard dancing really silly when they opened with jambi. You could just tell that they were really into it. I think the best part of the show (which at first i thought would be quite boring) was when they played wings for marie/10,000 days. For the first couple songs i could see a few lasers on the screen behind the band. But when they started playing wings/10,000 days the lasers started flying everywhere. It was fucking awesome. You could tell that these guys gave it there all to put on a really cool show. The only complaints that I have is Maynard didn't talk much at all. All he said was HOLY FUCKING SHIT! But I guess they figured hey lets just let the music speak for itself. Which I mean it did. The only other thing isn't a big deal really. I was really hoping to see them play sober, the pot, and especially aenima. But the song that me and my girlfriend wanted to hear most was eulogy. But I knew that weren't going to play that. We were just wishing upon a star I guess haha. But on a good note they did play PUSHIT. When they started playing that song i was speechless.Because I think that they only played that song once at another show this tour. And uhm yea they could have got some better band to open for them. Kinski sucked horribly. They had a fucking mic on stage and they only used it to say thanks and woooooo 2 more songs till tool comes on! Of course thats when i went to the restroom and the line was so long because everyone was going because that band sucked so bad. Maybe Tool purposly let kinski open for them because they knew that people wanted to go to the restroom and get drinks before Tool came on so that no one would miss their show. The last thing which was funny is the people on the floor kinda missed out the whole experience because im sure they couldnt see all of the lasers and the stage reflections and shit. All in all it was an amazing show and I will remember it for the rest of my life.

O yea and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I read something about there being clues on the 10,000 days poster sold at the show having something to do with the artwork in the 10,000 days cd case. I'm not sure what they mean. I havent figured it out. Does anyone know anything about this and if so then what the hell are they talking about??
Old 05-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

All i can say is WOW! I have been to quite a few shows but this one was by all means the best show i have ever been to and most likely the best show that i will ever see for the rest of my life. It was funny to see maynard dancing really silly when they opened with jambi. You could just tell that they were really into it. I think the best part of the show (which at first i thought would be quite boring) was when they played wings for marie/10,000 days. For the first couple songs i could see a few lasers on the screen behind the band. But when they started playing wings/10,000 days the lasers started flying everywhere. It was fucking awesome. You could tell that these guys gave it there all to put on a really cool show. The only complaints that I have is Maynard didn't talk much at all. All he said was HOLY FUCKING SHIT! But I guess they figured hey lets just let the music speak for itself. Which I mean it did. The only other thing isn't a big deal really. I was really hoping to see them play sober, the pot, and especially aenima. But the song that me and my girlfriend wanted to hear most was eulogy. But I knew that weren't going to play that. We were just wishing upon a star I guess haha. But on a good note they did play PUSHIT. When they started playing that song i was speechless.Because I think that they only played that song once at another show this tour. And uhm yea they could have got some better band to open for them. Kinski sucked horribly. They had a fucking mic on stage and they only used it to say thanks and woooooo 2 more songs till tool comes on! Of course thats when i went to the restroom and the line was so long because everyone was going because that band sucked so bad. Maybe Tool purposly let kinski open for them because they knew that people wanted to go to the restroom and get drinks before Tool came on so that no one would miss their show. The last thing which was funny is the people on the floor kinda missed out the whole experience because im sure they couldnt see all of the lasers and the stage reflections and shit. All in all it was an amazing show and I will remember it for the rest of my life.

O yea and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I read something about there being clues on the 10,000 days poster sold at the show having something to do with the artwork in the 10,000 days cd case. I'm not sure what they mean. I havent figured it out. Does anyone know anything about this and if so then what the hell are they talking about??
OFFLINE |  
tamos3
05-25-2007, 05:55 PM

A Tool fan since the early ‘90’s, I am always amused by the diversity in the maturity of their concert goers. “10,000 Days,” is probably the best collection of talent and emotion taunting the eardrums of anyone with a satellite radio or a mp3 player. One certainly won’t hear of Tool on a Baton Rouge radio station.

May 24. 2007, was the first time that I have ever heard any of Tool’s songs other than “Schism” on Baton Rouge radio.

Without the extra help or promotion, we came in mass. The show sold out months in advance. As a hodgepodge of almost 10,000 fans young and old, we patiently waited in the afternoon rain shower (downpour) to see this band perform live in Louisiana at the Baton Rouge River Center for the first time since 2002.

Although riverside and in poor weather, “Undertow,” would never be a concern this Evening. Who has time?

Baton Rouge has always been good to Tool. Tool has always been great to Baton Rouge. (Third-Eye 2002) 

The previously posted setlists are accurate. We got “Pushit!” “The 10,000 Days” set, and the laser show is outstanding. “Lateralus” will never go out of style. “Schism” is a pop fad that I wish would die.

To the non-believers: “Jambi” is not very strong on the album. Wait till you hear them open with this…It’s like magic! Very, very cool…

My 3rd Tool show. My favorite Tool show. Thanks guys for all of the sacrifices!
Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

A Tool fan since the early ‘90’s, I am always amused by the diversity in the maturity of their concert goers. “10,000 Days,” is probably the best collection of talent and emotion taunting the eardrums of anyone with a satellite radio or a mp3 player. One certainly won’t hear of Tool on a Baton Rouge radio station.

May 24. 2007, was the first time that I have ever heard any of Tool’s songs other than “Schism” on Baton Rouge radio.

Without the extra help or promotion, we came in mass. The show sold out months in advance. As a hodgepodge of almost 10,000 fans young and old, we patiently waited in the afternoon rain shower (downpour) to see this band perform live in Louisiana at the Baton Rouge River Center for the first time since 2002.

Although riverside and in poor weather, “Undertow,” would never be a concern this Evening. Who has time?

Baton Rouge has always been good to Tool. Tool has always been great to Baton Rouge. (Third-Eye 2002) 

The previously posted setlists are accurate. We got “Pushit!” “The 10,000 Days” set, and the laser show is outstanding. “Lateralus” will never go out of style. “Schism” is a pop fad that I wish would die.

To the non-believers: “Jambi” is not very strong on the album. Wait till you hear them open with this…It’s like magic! Very, very cool…

My 3rd Tool show. My favorite Tool show. Thanks guys for all of the sacrifices!
OFFLINE |  
jamesb2
05-25-2007, 06:12 PM

the show ROCKED!!!! Pushit!!! great!!!! Danny was on.... I also, did notice that Adam messed up a few times. I could not have asked for a better show from them. I agree, the police and security were dumb. I don't see why we have to be treated like a child and have flashlights in our face the entire time. I was on the 200 level and had a perfect view of the stage except for the fact that everybody was fighting to get a seat even though they were RESERVED!!!!! I did find a time the mix to be "muddy" (did anybody else notice). Final observation from the show, everybody seemed upset that they did not play Sober. I say to them be glad they came and hope you enjoyed the show. They can't play for 3 or 4 hours and play their entire catalog.... If they come back to town I'll be first in line. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT SHOW TOOL!!!!! I WAITED MONTHS TO SEE YOU AND IT'S ALWAYS WORTH THE WAIT.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:12 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

the show ROCKED!!!! Pushit!!! great!!!! Danny was on.... I also, did notice that Adam messed up a few times. I could not have asked for a better show from them. I agree, the police and security were dumb. I don't see why we have to be treated like a child and have flashlights in our face the entire time. I was on the 200 level and had a perfect view of the stage except for the fact that everybody was fighting to get a seat even though they were RESERVED!!!!! I did find a time the mix to be "muddy" (did anybody else notice). Final observation from the show, everybody seemed upset that they did not play Sober. I say to them be glad they came and hope you enjoyed the show. They can't play for 3 or 4 hours and play their entire catalog.... If they come back to town I'll be first in line. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT SHOW TOOL!!!!! I WAITED MONTHS TO SEE YOU AND IT'S ALWAYS WORTH THE WAIT.
OFFLINE |  
DaPotNinja
05-25-2007, 09:58 PM

Great show not the best Tool show I went to....my 7th.But better then the last show here. Was sad no Aniema but we got push it...and I was one of the people in one of the Mosh pits and must say I had fun sorry U didn't But if ya wanna stay away from a pit don't get on the floor!!!

Great Show thanks Tool!

Last edited by DaPotNinja; 05-25-2007 at 10:00 PM..
Old 05-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show not the best Tool show I went to....my 7th.But better then the last show here. Was sad no Aniema but we got push it...and I was one of the people in one of the Mosh pits and must say I had fun sorry U didn't But if ya wanna stay away from a pit don't get on the floor!!!

Great Show thanks Tool!

Last edited by DaPotNinja; 05-25-2007 at 10:00 PM..
OFFLINE |  
fractal3
05-26-2007, 07:36 AM

the edge of the known universe
is created
not discovered

'holy shit'
it was all holy shit
from the first note
technology and live music
became collective consciousness
at a level i have never experienced before

it was one thing
it was everything

it's all evolution
consciousness is evolution
tool is consciousness evolution

rediscover communication
the spaceships have landed
Old 05-26-2007, 07:36 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

the edge of the known universe
is created
not discovered

'holy shit'
it was all holy shit
from the first note
technology and live music
became collective consciousness
at a level i have never experienced before

it was one thing
it was everything

it's all evolution
consciousness is evolution
tool is consciousness evolution

rediscover communication
the spaceships have landed
OFFLINE |  
rondomingue
05-26-2007, 01:15 PM

One of the best TOOL shows I've seen.

Actually I was expecting to be a little dissapointed with them playing the same setlist for quite awhile. They however delvered with every song and Pushit was just icing on the cake. Lateralus live is an experience unto itself.

I wrote another review on my site at http://rondomingue.com/2007/05/25/toolbatonrouge/ for those who may be interested.

I'm also looking for any photographs or video anyone has taken. I saw a short clip on YouTube but it was far too shaky and far away.

I will never understand the moshing.

An excellent concert all the way around. I hope the band has a few more tours in them.

// Ron
Old 05-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

One of the best TOOL shows I've seen.

Actually I was expecting to be a little dissapointed with them playing the same setlist for quite awhile. They however delvered with every song and Pushit was just icing on the cake. Lateralus live is an experience unto itself.

I wrote another review on my site at http://rondomingue.com/2007/05/25/toolbatonrouge/ for those who may be interested.

I'm also looking for any photographs or video anyone has taken. I saw a short clip on YouTube but it was far too shaky and far away.

I will never understand the moshing.

An excellent concert all the way around. I hope the band has a few more tours in them.

// Ron
OFFLINE |  
jrquilty
05-26-2007, 01:33 PM

amazing show by Tool setlist was correct..kinda pissed we didn't get Right In Two but we got fucking Pushit. the band was just fucking on. Maynard came out acted like he never saw a sold out show. but he was not very talkative. and we didn't get the stinkfist extended version. the lights and everything were just amazing. Justin was fucking jamming though and Danny, well best drummer ever. Maynard moved around a good bit s the show got started. funny..as the band started walking out and everyone in the crowd goes crazy Maynard "holy shit" it was a 20 minute sell out show so yea..i drove from Houston and was pleased..

Last edited by jrquilty; 05-26-2007 at 01:41 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 01:33 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

amazing show by Tool setlist was correct..kinda pissed we didn't get Right In Two but we got fucking Pushit. the band was just fucking on. Maynard came out acted like he never saw a sold out show. but he was not very talkative. and we didn't get the stinkfist extended version. the lights and everything were just amazing. Justin was fucking jamming though and Danny, well best drummer ever. Maynard moved around a good bit s the show got started. funny..as the band started walking out and everyone in the crowd goes crazy Maynard "holy shit" it was a 20 minute sell out show so yea..i drove from Houston and was pleased..

Last edited by jrquilty; 05-26-2007 at 01:41 PM..
OFFLINE |  
jrquilty
05-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism - extended
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
awesome set..after hearing bad reviews from other shows i was worried, but this one was awesome. kinda short tho. but awesome
Old 05-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism - extended
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
awesome set..after hearing bad reviews from other shows i was worried, but this one was awesome. kinda short tho. but awesome
OFFLINE |  
PanamaRed's Avatar PanamaRed
05-26-2007, 06:05 PM

I have seen them 7 times now and I can say that each one has been unique. The setlist was what I expected from reading other reviews but two songs made the whole night. I would have loved to see Right In Two but hearing Pushit and watching Danny was unbelievable. Lateralus was the second and it stood out to me because, once again, Danny Carey took it to a different level that you can't really get to until you see him do it. After watching him, I am convinced that his arm has been replaced with a robotic device. The visuals that include lasers shooting around the place, images on the stage and screens, and smoke billowing out to make clouds appear, really make the concert a true experience. I hope to experience my 8th show soon, but if I can't, I will be happy with my 7th. One last thing, did anybody notice the lights above section 337 that stayed on the whole night? Unfortunately, I was in that section but luckily, Tool is a great band. They can dim the lights that are beaming down on you or silence the drunk guy screaming at you and other people to stand up. So, with that being said, thank you Tool for a great night.

Last edited by PanamaRed; 05-26-2007 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: I wanted to.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

I have seen them 7 times now and I can say that each one has been unique. The setlist was what I expected from reading other reviews but two songs made the whole night. I would have loved to see Right In Two but hearing Pushit and watching Danny was unbelievable. Lateralus was the second and it stood out to me because, once again, Danny Carey took it to a different level that you can't really get to until you see him do it. After watching him, I am convinced that his arm has been replaced with a robotic device. The visuals that include lasers shooting around the place, images on the stage and screens, and smoke billowing out to make clouds appear, really make the concert a true experience. I hope to experience my 8th show soon, but if I can't, I will be happy with my 7th. One last thing, did anybody notice the lights above section 337 that stayed on the whole night? Unfortunately, I was in that section but luckily, Tool is a great band. They can dim the lights that are beaming down on you or silence the drunk guy screaming at you and other people to stand up. So, with that being said, thank you Tool for a great night.

Last edited by PanamaRed; 05-26-2007 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: I wanted to.
OFFLINE |  
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
05-29-2007, 04:30 PM

I've been dreading posting this, especially after reading the above reviews, but here it goes. That was my least favorite Tool show of all time. For most of the show, Maynard looked more like he was waiting at a bus stop than like he was fronting the best band of all time. I've been seeing Tool live since the Undertow tour and this show was just flat. Don't get me wrong, Tool is way way way better than any other band live or otherwise. I don't believe there is a band that could even come close to their level of live performance on their worst night, but this show was just flat compared to other times I've seen them. Danny was unbelievable and Justin was jamming, Adam was typically unanimated. I think it was just that Maynard simply seemed like he would have rathered be anywhere else. Admittedly, it was like the old Maynard for Pushit, and 46 & 2 was really jamming, but otherwise, he just did not seem into it. Flame away if you must. Let the shitstorm begin, but there's not a bigger Tool fan around. Check my earlier posts, I'm a fan-atic. I'm disappointed, as were my friends.

One thing I've noticed is that the live production isn't what it used to be. The sound was pretty muddy. I noticed that in L.A. too. It used to be that everything about a Tool show was perfect even and maybe especially the sound, the mix. That just wasn't so the other night. Maynard doesn't even hit a lot of the high notes in songs anymore. We thought, "Maybe he can't hit those notes anymore." But he hit everything in Pushit, so I'm really confused about that issue.

And, for Tool, considering the rest of the show they put on visually, I think the lasers are superfluous and cheesy. Sorry.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:30 PM   #29
Prana

Bincount™: 8

I've been dreading posting this, especially after reading the above reviews, but here it goes. That was my least favorite Tool show of all time. For most of the show, Maynard looked more like he was waiting at a bus stop than like he was fronting the best band of all time. I've been seeing Tool live since the Undertow tour and this show was just flat. Don't get me wrong, Tool is way way way better than any other band live or otherwise. I don't believe there is a band that could even come close to their level of live performance on their worst night, but this show was just flat compared to other times I've seen them. Danny was unbelievable and Justin was jamming, Adam was typically unanimated. I think it was just that Maynard simply seemed like he would have rathered be anywhere else. Admittedly, it was like the old Maynard for Pushit, and 46 & 2 was really jamming, but otherwise, he just did not seem into it. Flame away if you must. Let the shitstorm begin, but there's not a bigger Tool fan around. Check my earlier posts, I'm a fan-atic. I'm disappointed, as were my friends.

One thing I've noticed is that the live production isn't what it used to be. The sound was pretty muddy. I noticed that in L.A. too. It used to be that everything about a Tool show was perfect even and maybe especially the sound, the mix. That just wasn't so the other night. Maynard doesn't even hit a lot of the high notes in songs anymore. We thought, "Maybe he can't hit those notes anymore." But he hit everything in Pushit, so I'm really confused about that issue.

And, for Tool, considering the rest of the show they put on visually, I think the lasers are superfluous and cheesy. Sorry.
06-07-2007, 03:20 AM

My fifth Tool show since '98. By far the best. I agree that Jambi was amazing as an opener. PUSHIT was phenomenal as was Lateralus with the extended drum break in the middle, during which Justin kept playing his one-two-three-four, repeated solo lick while kneeling down and adjusting his pedals while Danny awed and inspired. He did this thing with double-sticking from one head to the next...difficult to explain with words. The drummers when I was in college marching band used to do it on the quads. It was incredible to see Danny doing it. Danny Carey is living proof for a need to encourage kids to take music classes/band in school.

There was a "vibe" at this particular show. Might have been all the pot smoke in the air, or maybe something else. The guy next to me remarked after the show that he felt like he'd just had a religious experience. I'd have to say I felt the same thing.

Thanks for a incredible experience, Tool.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

My fifth Tool show since '98. By far the best. I agree that Jambi was amazing as an opener. PUSHIT was phenomenal as was Lateralus with the extended drum break in the middle, during which Justin kept playing his one-two-three-four, repeated solo lick while kneeling down and adjusting his pedals while Danny awed and inspired. He did this thing with double-sticking from one head to the next...difficult to explain with words. The drummers when I was in college marching band used to do it on the quads. It was incredible to see Danny doing it. Danny Carey is living proof for a need to encourage kids to take music classes/band in school.

There was a "vibe" at this particular show. Might have been all the pot smoke in the air, or maybe something else. The guy next to me remarked after the show that he felt like he'd just had a religious experience. I'd have to say I felt the same thing.

Thanks for a incredible experience, Tool.
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM

First off, let me mirror everyone else's excitement about Pushit. I remember a few years ago hearing it done 2 different ways (between 3 shows) and loving it. By far their best song (well, that and Flood).

Before I post my thoughts, let me just say I have been to every TOOL show in the New Orleans area (except for Lollapallooza in 95). I was even at the show when Maynard pulled the "Fuck Me, I'd Fuck Me" from Silence of the Lambs for Undertow tour. With that said...

Not by any fault of the band, this show wasn't that great. The band played very well, but this is just the worst venue for a concert. The sound bounces all over the place causing tons of distortion, and Maynard could hardly be heard. Not sure if he was having vocal problems and they were masking it, or if he just can't sing the highs anymore. They played here for their Lateralus tour, and I felt the same way. That tour was great (saw both Houston and Voodoo), but it sucked here at this venue. I see many people praising how great the show was, and that is mainly due to the fact that they are TOOL fans and are a bit biased (I am a fan as well, of course, but I try to see every show as non-biased as possible).

The only other thing I didn't like was the song selection. I love the epic songs on CD, and I do like to see them performed live, but there needs to be a better mix of the long songs with some earlier short ones. By doing this, they could play a few more songs and leave people enjoying it that much more. Minor complaint, but something I noticed. In fact, they really went out of their way to lengthen and draw out some songs.

All in all, it was a good show, but it wasn't great. I usually travel to Houston to see them, though I couldn't this last year. So I didn't have anything to compare this to. But I did enjoy my time, although if I weren't a TOOL fanatic, I probably would have disliked the show.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

First off, let me mirror everyone else's excitement about Pushit. I remember a few years ago hearing it done 2 different ways (between 3 shows) and loving it. By far their best song (well, that and Flood).

Before I post my thoughts, let me just say I have been to every TOOL show in the New Orleans area (except for Lollapallooza in 95). I was even at the show when Maynard pulled the "Fuck Me, I'd Fuck Me" from Silence of the Lambs for Undertow tour. With that said...

Not by any fault of the band, this show wasn't that great. The band played very well, but this is just the worst venue for a concert. The sound bounces all over the place causing tons of distortion, and Maynard could hardly be heard. Not sure if he was having vocal problems and they were masking it, or if he just can't sing the highs anymore. They played here for their Lateralus tour, and I felt the same way. That tour was great (saw both Houston and Voodoo), but it sucked here at this venue. I see many people praising how great the show was, and that is mainly due to the fact that they are TOOL fans and are a bit biased (I am a fan as well, of course, but I try to see every show as non-biased as possible).

The only other thing I didn't like was the song selection. I love the epic songs on CD, and I do like to see them performed live, but there needs to be a better mix of the long songs with some earlier short ones. By doing this, they could play a few more songs and leave people enjoying it that much more. Minor complaint, but something I noticed. In fact, they really went out of their way to lengthen and draw out some songs.

All in all, it was a good show, but it wasn't great. I usually travel to Houston to see them, though I couldn't this last year. So I didn't have anything to compare this to. But I did enjoy my time, although if I weren't a TOOL fanatic, I probably would have disliked the show.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply