stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
wings pt1
wings pt2
lateralus ( with melt banana drum/guitar solo)
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-19-2007 at 04:15 PM..
Old 06-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
2007/06/17 - Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium

jambi
stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
wings pt1
wings pt2
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-19-2007 at 04:15 PM..
OFFLINE |  
eSoul
06-17-2007, 09:53 PM

I would post the setlist, but I can't remember many of the noise songs. Show was freaking amazing. I had not heard anything about the light show, and it blew me away. I'm an Evansville local and it was great to see TOOL play here in my town, although I wasn't on the floor like I would have liked. Maybe next tour? The Stadium isn't the greatest venue, but I think went along rather nicely. Hadn't listened to Melt Banana until tonight and I throughly enjoyed their stuff as well. Thanks for the lovely night fellows but now I am crashing after such a great experience.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/17 - Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium

I would post the setlist, but I can't remember many of the noise songs. Show was freaking amazing. I had not heard anything about the light show, and it blew me away. I'm an Evansville local and it was great to see TOOL play here in my town, although I wasn't on the floor like I would have liked. Maybe next tour? The Stadium isn't the greatest venue, but I think went along rather nicely. Hadn't listened to Melt Banana until tonight and I throughly enjoyed their stuff as well. Thanks for the lovely night fellows but now I am crashing after such a great experience.
OFFLINE |  
gamester990
06-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Great show...my first Tool show. Was as expected but I loved it. I didn't care for Melt Banana at all, not my cup of tea. The laser light show was freaking amazing. This is a smaller venue compared to most so it was really interesting. I was on the floor , in the back so I had a good view of everything.

Setlist (aprox to my memory)

jambi
stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
wings pt1
wings pt2
vicarious

Maynard was pretty quiet the whole night. Some lines I remember he used was

"Hi Evanvsville.......Hi"
"Whats up" (speaking to Melt Banana when they came back on stage at end)
"Thank you" (referring to someone off stage...and then "Thank youuuu" to the crowd ( it was a high pitch you lol )
"Hope to see you soon"

Last edited by gamester990; 06-17-2007 at 10:02 PM..
Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Great show...my first Tool show. Was as expected but I loved it. I didn't care for Melt Banana at all, not my cup of tea. The laser light show was freaking amazing. This is a smaller venue compared to most so it was really interesting. I was on the floor , in the back so I had a good view of everything.

Setlist (aprox to my memory)

jambi
stinkfist ext
46&2
schism ext
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
wings pt1
wings pt2
vicarious

Maynard was pretty quiet the whole night. Some lines I remember he used was

"Hi Evanvsville.......Hi"
"Whats up" (speaking to Melt Banana when they came back on stage at end)
"Thank you" (referring to someone off stage...and then "Thank youuuu" to the crowd ( it was a high pitch you lol )
"Hope to see you soon"

Last edited by gamester990; 06-17-2007 at 10:02 PM..
OFFLINE |  
carsonh76's Avatar carsonh76
06-17-2007, 10:11 PM

setlist:

jambi
ions (briefly)
stinkfist (ext.)
46 & 2
schism (ext.)
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
wings pt 1
10,000 days
lateralus (ext. drum solo ft. melt banana drummer and guitarist)
vicarious.

excellent show. my second. i saw the boys in georgia on the 4th. this venue was MUCH smaller. i was alot closer for this show, it was cool to see them play a smaller venue. roberts is a freakin hole in the wall though, and the acoustics and sounds amplification were not as good as the gwinette center. i felt the songs that really stood out tonight were jambi, stinkfist, rosetta stoned, FLOOD!, and lateralus. rosetta stoned was better in evansville than in atlanta. maynards walkie talkie effect was much more understandable. when the boys came out, maynard was on fire. dancing like crazy, he was definately into it. how cool was it to hear flood, a legendary tool song?! i was so glad they played it because i was fortunate enough to get Pushit in ATL. wings was great,, but his mic could have been at a higher volume. the stupid bitches behind me would not shut the hell up. they were not true fans, and that kills me at a tool show. lateralus was outstanding! danny never ceases to amaze. adam started hells bells haha. maynard thanked the crowd for coming, and said see you sooon. tool is the only band i would go back to this venue for. great show.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

setlist:

jambi
ions (briefly)
stinkfist (ext.)
46 & 2
schism (ext.)
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
wings pt 1
10,000 days
lateralus (ext. drum solo ft. melt banana drummer and guitarist)
vicarious.

excellent show. my second. i saw the boys in georgia on the 4th. this venue was MUCH smaller. i was alot closer for this show, it was cool to see them play a smaller venue. roberts is a freakin hole in the wall though, and the acoustics and sounds amplification were not as good as the gwinette center. i felt the songs that really stood out tonight were jambi, stinkfist, rosetta stoned, FLOOD!, and lateralus. rosetta stoned was better in evansville than in atlanta. maynards walkie talkie effect was much more understandable. when the boys came out, maynard was on fire. dancing like crazy, he was definately into it. how cool was it to hear flood, a legendary tool song?! i was so glad they played it because i was fortunate enough to get Pushit in ATL. wings was great,, but his mic could have been at a higher volume. the stupid bitches behind me would not shut the hell up. they were not true fans, and that kills me at a tool show. lateralus was outstanding! danny never ceases to amaze. adam started hells bells haha. maynard thanked the crowd for coming, and said see you sooon. tool is the only band i would go back to this venue for. great show.
OFFLINE |  
a big stupid dumbass's Avatar a big stupid dumbass
06-17-2007, 11:53 PM

The show was fantastic. Very inspiring...the entire time. My fourth show, and this Saturday in Ft. Wayne will be my fifth. ありがとう
Old 06-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

The show was fantastic. Very inspiring...the entire time. My fourth show, and this Saturday in Ft. Wayne will be my fifth. ありがとう
OFFLINE |  
Me1mN0t's Avatar Me1mN0t
06-18-2007, 02:18 AM

My first Tool show, and I'm not sure exactly where to start. It's amazing to me that a little over a year ago, I was just a casual fan. In my opinion, no band comes close to that which I just witnessed. Songwriting, technical ability, creativity, spirituality and inspiration... these guys have literally changed my life in the most positive way. I can't wait to see them again in St. Louis on Friday.

The climax of the evening was Lateralus, of course. The dudes from Melt Banana complimented them well. At the peak of the song, it was probably audible from the other side of town... my neck hurts from bangin'. Stinkfist really stunk it up... cuz it was the SHIT!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

My first Tool show, and I'm not sure exactly where to start. It's amazing to me that a little over a year ago, I was just a casual fan. In my opinion, no band comes close to that which I just witnessed. Songwriting, technical ability, creativity, spirituality and inspiration... these guys have literally changed my life in the most positive way. I can't wait to see them again in St. Louis on Friday.

The climax of the evening was Lateralus, of course. The dudes from Melt Banana complimented them well. At the peak of the song, it was probably audible from the other side of town... my neck hurts from bangin'. Stinkfist really stunk it up... cuz it was the SHIT!!!
OFFLINE |  
monark
06-18-2007, 04:21 AM

It was my first Tool concert as well. They completely blew me away. I was down on the floor, and it was amazing. The music, the lights, it was all just about as perfect as a concert could get. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat...
Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

It was my first Tool concert as well. They completely blew me away. I was down on the floor, and it was amazing. The music, the lights, it was all just about as perfect as a concert could get. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat...
OFFLINE |  
Retaliation
06-18-2007, 05:25 AM

The vocals all night were so low that Maynards voice sounded little more than a mumble at best behind the music. As a matter of fact, unless he was screaming I felt like I was at an instrumental show. I've been to four concerts. The first three could only be described as amazing. This one however was garbage as a result and I left the venue angry.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:25 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

The vocals all night were so low that Maynards voice sounded little more than a mumble at best behind the music. As a matter of fact, unless he was screaming I felt like I was at an instrumental show. I've been to four concerts. The first three could only be described as amazing. This one however was garbage as a result and I left the venue angry.
OFFLINE |  
gamester990
06-18-2007, 05:41 AM

For some reason I couldnt hear any vocals for part of 10,000 days or they cut out a part completely. Not for sure though.

I still had a great time. I want to see them again.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

For some reason I couldnt hear any vocals for part of 10,000 days or they cut out a part completely. Not for sure though.

I still had a great time. I want to see them again.
OFFLINE |  
ninedead
06-18-2007, 06:19 AM

not much else to add just agree it was an amazing night, surprised by how good melt-banana was. i do have to agree the vocals were not the best but nothing to cause me to leave in anger. Fucking FLOOD!! highlight of the show.

http://www.thetoolhotline.com

Last edited by ninedead; 06-18-2007 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: forgot to add something.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

not much else to add just agree it was an amazing night, surprised by how good melt-banana was. i do have to agree the vocals were not the best but nothing to cause me to leave in anger. Fucking FLOOD!! highlight of the show.

http://www.thetoolhotline.com

Last edited by ninedead; 06-18-2007 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: forgot to add something.
OFFLINE |  
[email protected]
06-18-2007, 06:22 AM

Geezus, the concert was great. I've only been a Tool fan for 5-6 years. I am 42 years old and didn't feel out of place, but soon realized that I am too old for mosh pits. I think the moshers were youngsters who claimed to be OGT. Anyway the setlist was was pretty close to what you see from other post.

Jambi
Stinfist
Forty Six &2
Schism (w/Hells Bells intro from AC/DC)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!!!!!!!
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Melt Banana features)
Vicarious

Maynard's mic levels were bad and I could only see his mouth moving with no sound. (Mainly due to the poor accoustics at the stadium.) Overall, the production was outstanding and Pink Floydish.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:22 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Geezus, the concert was great. I've only been a Tool fan for 5-6 years. I am 42 years old and didn't feel out of place, but soon realized that I am too old for mosh pits. I think the moshers were youngsters who claimed to be OGT. Anyway the setlist was was pretty close to what you see from other post.

Jambi
Stinfist
Forty Six &2
Schism (w/Hells Bells intro from AC/DC)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
FLOOD!!!!!!!
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (with Melt Banana features)
Vicarious

Maynard's mic levels were bad and I could only see his mouth moving with no sound. (Mainly due to the poor accoustics at the stadium.) Overall, the production was outstanding and Pink Floydish.
OFFLINE |  
drummerwithapenis's Avatar drummerwithapenis
06-18-2007, 08:49 AM

firstly... MELT BABABA ROCKS !!!!^_^
Damn... What an opening act! They're like little punk-rock elves!

Ok, now to Tool.

This was my second time seeing them, the first was the Lateralus tour back in '01. I'm glad I got better seats this time. I drove about 3 hrs to get to this one, and it was well worth it.

I was really suprised how small Roberts Stadium was. My seat wasn't on the floor, but I was still pretty damn close! There were alot of empty seats towards the railing in the front row, so I scooted my way down there after they played Jambi. From there, I was like 20 ft. away from Adam! I also had a really great view of Danny and his shiny, 2-ton metal drumset! No complaints about the sound... had trouble hearing Maynard, but I made up for it by providing my own vocals.
I'm really glad they played 46&2.. they didn't play it the last time I saw them. It has to be one of my top 3 favorite Tool songs. I almost fell over the railing during Danny's drum solo, you might have seen me, I was the one on the far left in the front in an epileptic frenzy! I have to say I was quite impressed with all the lasers and shit during Wings/10,000 days. I also really liked the spiral-eyes/clouds visuals, very fitting for the song.
My friend Phoebe was on the floor and caught Justin's pick (!!!). I'm so jealous of her... I think it as in his mouth at one point!
I also found it amusing how Maynard sang "Vicariously" through his hand... what a guy.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 245

firstly... MELT BABABA ROCKS !!!!^_^
Damn... What an opening act! They're like little punk-rock elves!

Ok, now to Tool.

This was my second time seeing them, the first was the Lateralus tour back in '01. I'm glad I got better seats this time. I drove about 3 hrs to get to this one, and it was well worth it.

I was really suprised how small Roberts Stadium was. My seat wasn't on the floor, but I was still pretty damn close! There were alot of empty seats towards the railing in the front row, so I scooted my way down there after they played Jambi. From there, I was like 20 ft. away from Adam! I also had a really great view of Danny and his shiny, 2-ton metal drumset! No complaints about the sound... had trouble hearing Maynard, but I made up for it by providing my own vocals.
I'm really glad they played 46&2.. they didn't play it the last time I saw them. It has to be one of my top 3 favorite Tool songs. I almost fell over the railing during Danny's drum solo, you might have seen me, I was the one on the far left in the front in an epileptic frenzy! I have to say I was quite impressed with all the lasers and shit during Wings/10,000 days. I also really liked the spiral-eyes/clouds visuals, very fitting for the song.
My friend Phoebe was on the floor and caught Justin's pick (!!!). I'm so jealous of her... I think it as in his mouth at one point!
I also found it amusing how Maynard sang "Vicariously" through his hand... what a guy.
OFFLINE |  
andrewzipp
06-18-2007, 11:09 AM

I don't think the accoustics of the stadium had much to do with how low the vocals were in the mix. I've only seen Tool once before, at Coachella last year, and was a little suprised that Maynard never left the drum riser or spoke much. I didn't really think the quiet vocals were that noticable, the rest sound of the music sounded great. The crowd was pretty dead, I was suprised to be standing that close to the stage without seeing any kind of moshing.

Man, the line for beer was awful. They need to just hand you a plastic bottle or can, that waiting for each and ever single beer to be poured for the line in front of you sucks.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

I don't think the accoustics of the stadium had much to do with how low the vocals were in the mix. I've only seen Tool once before, at Coachella last year, and was a little suprised that Maynard never left the drum riser or spoke much. I didn't really think the quiet vocals were that noticable, the rest sound of the music sounded great. The crowd was pretty dead, I was suprised to be standing that close to the stage without seeing any kind of moshing.

Man, the line for beer was awful. They need to just hand you a plastic bottle or can, that waiting for each and ever single beer to be poured for the line in front of you sucks.
OFFLINE |  
ROCKMOUSE's Avatar ROCKMOUSE
06-18-2007, 11:30 AM

from sitting in the back, the vocals were low and hard to hear, but over all, another great show, lat rocked, not from melt banana, but from the man..D.C. kicks like no other, justin rocked, adam seemed enjoying hiself, maynard is interesting to watch, rock on dudes, see you guys tomorrow night....
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

from sitting in the back, the vocals were low and hard to hear, but over all, another great show, lat rocked, not from melt banana, but from the man..D.C. kicks like no other, justin rocked, adam seemed enjoying hiself, maynard is interesting to watch, rock on dudes, see you guys tomorrow night....
06-18-2007, 11:38 AM

I kind of want to see them in Cincinnati now in the hopes that maybe the audience will actually be able to hear vocals along with the music. What can I say, I like hearing the words.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

I kind of want to see them in Cincinnati now in the hopes that maybe the audience will actually be able to hear vocals along with the music. What can I say, I like hearing the words.
OFFLINE |  
randomhero8823's Avatar randomhero8823
06-18-2007, 12:26 PM

yeah that small of stadium you would think the Vocals would be clear, but i couldnt hear a thing. and i was in the 10th row front center. overall amazing show, the band seemed really tight and into it. no aenema :(. they seemed to enjoy the crowd though they stood on stage at the end, taking all the applause what seemed like forever.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1657

yeah that small of stadium you would think the Vocals would be clear, but i couldnt hear a thing. and i was in the 10th row front center. overall amazing show, the band seemed really tight and into it. no aenema :(. they seemed to enjoy the crowd though they stood on stage at the end, taking all the applause what seemed like forever.
Creature Core7's Avatar Creature Core7
06-18-2007, 12:39 PM

I agree that Maynard's vocals were hard to hear, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. 'Twas my first Tool concert, I really tried to get tickets to the St.Louis show on 6/22, but I procrastinated. Bad idea, too many anticipating Tool fans!
The stadium was surprisingly cool, I figured I'd be burning up and have to shed my shirt. The cool temperature was a nice addition the the awesome show the guys put on. The camaraderie between the band mates is really evident, they pat each other on the shoulder, smile and huddle. I enjoyed it so much. I was so happy to hear 46 & 2 and Schism, but the extended Lateralus was the icing on the cake. Never before have I seen a group of musicians play so well together.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

I agree that Maynard's vocals were hard to hear, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. 'Twas my first Tool concert, I really tried to get tickets to the St.Louis show on 6/22, but I procrastinated. Bad idea, too many anticipating Tool fans!
The stadium was surprisingly cool, I figured I'd be burning up and have to shed my shirt. The cool temperature was a nice addition the the awesome show the guys put on. The camaraderie between the band mates is really evident, they pat each other on the shoulder, smile and huddle. I enjoyed it so much. I was so happy to hear 46 & 2 and Schism, but the extended Lateralus was the icing on the cake. Never before have I seen a group of musicians play so well together.
OFFLINE |  
gamester990
06-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewzipp View Post

I don't think the crowd was dead...for this show moshing would be just stupid. You want to just watch and sink in the artistic beauty of what they put on. I and several others were rocking out but in a good manner and not to disturb people concentrating on the show.

If a huge mosh pit started , I think that would've been uncalled for...especially for the music they were playing..its more mellow.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewzipp View Post

I don't think the crowd was dead...for this show moshing would be just stupid. You want to just watch and sink in the artistic beauty of what they put on. I and several others were rocking out but in a good manner and not to disturb people concentrating on the show.

If a huge mosh pit started , I think that would've been uncalled for...especially for the music they were playing..its more mellow.
OFFLINE |  
drednot
06-18-2007, 02:52 PM

This was my second time seeing Tool, and I guess all of my excitement and preparation for this show left me slightly disappointed in the end. Maynard definitely took it easy, which although understandable considering their demanding tour schedule, still, it really blows when it happens on your night. The stage show was incredible, with different nuances that I had not seen before last night like the use of mirriors to reflect the lasers and the rotatings aerials. The thing that really got me in the end I guess because I was so close up was that these cats just looked plain bored. I'm not just talking about the Adam Jones (guitar god) death stare that he rocks night to night, but I definitely detected a lazy ass vibe up there, especially with respect to execution. As if this wasn't enough to kill my spirit, all these fucking assholes around me were some of the most lackluster Tool fans I have ever encountered. I didn't even know those existed. Scream the lyrics, bob your head, fucking do something. Make it a group ritual, make it cathartic. Thats what makes these things so special. Security didn't make it any easier, shining flashlights like punk ass cops at anything going on ANYWHERE in the goddamn stadium. Whats the use of a no camera rule to preserve the spectacle and the atmosphere if those officiating the rules shine five fucking flashlights all over some kid next to you during Wings.

But hey, who am I to complain. I love Tool to the end, and maybe next time it will be everything as opposed to almost everything.

Melt Banana cannot love you long time...you will have a headache five minutes into the encounter. Somebody take away the guitarist's pedals and hook him up with some lessons on how to not sound like shit. The bass player kicked ass though.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second time seeing Tool, and I guess all of my excitement and preparation for this show left me slightly disappointed in the end. Maynard definitely took it easy, which although understandable considering their demanding tour schedule, still, it really blows when it happens on your night. The stage show was incredible, with different nuances that I had not seen before last night like the use of mirriors to reflect the lasers and the rotatings aerials. The thing that really got me in the end I guess because I was so close up was that these cats just looked plain bored. I'm not just talking about the Adam Jones (guitar god) death stare that he rocks night to night, but I definitely detected a lazy ass vibe up there, especially with respect to execution. As if this wasn't enough to kill my spirit, all these fucking assholes around me were some of the most lackluster Tool fans I have ever encountered. I didn't even know those existed. Scream the lyrics, bob your head, fucking do something. Make it a group ritual, make it cathartic. Thats what makes these things so special. Security didn't make it any easier, shining flashlights like punk ass cops at anything going on ANYWHERE in the goddamn stadium. Whats the use of a no camera rule to preserve the spectacle and the atmosphere if those officiating the rules shine five fucking flashlights all over some kid next to you during Wings.

But hey, who am I to complain. I love Tool to the end, and maybe next time it will be everything as opposed to almost everything.

Melt Banana cannot love you long time...you will have a headache five minutes into the encounter. Somebody take away the guitarist's pedals and hook him up with some lessons on how to not sound like shit. The bass player kicked ass though.
OFFLINE |  
Dru
06-18-2007, 03:39 PM

This was my first TOOL show and i have to say i was completely blown away. the vocals were a little low, but it didnt bother me too much since i know all the words anyway.

I didnt think the band looked particularly bored, and maynards dancing was cracking me up. i thought it was awesome. i would have paid double what i paid to see that show.

did anyone else think that maynard didnt know where he was? he sounded that way when he said " hi.....uhhhhh, yea hi....evansville"
Old 06-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #20
Dru
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first TOOL show and i have to say i was completely blown away. the vocals were a little low, but it didnt bother me too much since i know all the words anyway.

I didnt think the band looked particularly bored, and maynards dancing was cracking me up. i thought it was awesome. i would have paid double what i paid to see that show.

did anyone else think that maynard didnt know where he was? he sounded that way when he said " hi.....uhhhhh, yea hi....evansville"
OFFLINE |  
tooldude's Avatar tooldude
06-18-2007, 04:50 PM

3rd tool show, front row right in front of justin, vocals sucked..couldnt hear a damn thing and maynard wasnt very talkative, other than that good show..flood was highlight
setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)(brief "hell's bells" intro)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (with drummer and guitarist from melt banana)
Vicarious
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23

Last edited by tooldude; 06-18-2007 at 05:56 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

3rd tool show, front row right in front of justin, vocals sucked..couldnt hear a damn thing and maynard wasnt very talkative, other than that good show..flood was highlight
setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism (extended)(brief "hell's bells" intro)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (with drummer and guitarist from melt banana)
Vicarious
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23

Last edited by tooldude; 06-18-2007 at 05:56 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Robducati's Avatar Robducati
06-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Just listening to our Edirol R-09 recording of the show. Vocals were low for the first four songs, then the sound guy must have made some adjustments to bring them up.

We pulled an excellent full recording of the show. Edirol R-09>Sound Professionals CMC-8 mics w/SP 12volt line in battery box.

If anyone has pics or video of this show, please contact me.

Last edited by Robducati; 06-19-2007 at 06:39 AM..
Old 06-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Just listening to our Edirol R-09 recording of the show. Vocals were low for the first four songs, then the sound guy must have made some adjustments to bring them up.

We pulled an excellent full recording of the show. Edirol R-09>Sound Professionals CMC-8 mics w/SP 12volt line in battery box.

If anyone has pics or video of this show, please contact me.

Last edited by Robducati; 06-19-2007 at 06:39 AM..
OFFLINE |  
PAR1SkAtEr
06-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Wow, all I can say was amazing.

To start, I was in Section 12, Row 1 which was on the left side of the stage. I could see a perfect view all the band the whole concert, except for when Adam would face the pit. I glanced at the setlist accidently because I was observing all of the cool stuff below me and saw some of the songs. I also saw Adam's guitars with a "Please don't touch me" sign on them. The other highlight of the show was that my bro and I befriended one of the security guards, and when Danny threw a stick our way, I reached for it, but it fell down there were the security guard was. Some other guy working on the tour picked it up, and the security guard pointed to my brother and I and the guy threw it up to us. See guys, not all security guards are dicks ;p.

But other than that, it was an amazing show. The Lateralus drum session was amazing and unforgettable. My brother is a drummer so I felt real good knowing he gets to keep the drumstick and that he had a perfect view of Danny the whole show.

Like most of you guys, I couldn't hear vocals at all, which was a bummer. But I may go to the Cincinatti show in hopes that the vocals are turned up louder.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

Wow, all I can say was amazing.

To start, I was in Section 12, Row 1 which was on the left side of the stage. I could see a perfect view all the band the whole concert, except for when Adam would face the pit. I glanced at the setlist accidently because I was observing all of the cool stuff below me and saw some of the songs. I also saw Adam's guitars with a "Please don't touch me" sign on them. The other highlight of the show was that my bro and I befriended one of the security guards, and when Danny threw a stick our way, I reached for it, but it fell down there were the security guard was. Some other guy working on the tour picked it up, and the security guard pointed to my brother and I and the guy threw it up to us. See guys, not all security guards are dicks ;p.

But other than that, it was an amazing show. The Lateralus drum session was amazing and unforgettable. My brother is a drummer so I felt real good knowing he gets to keep the drumstick and that he had a perfect view of Danny the whole show.

Like most of you guys, I couldn't hear vocals at all, which was a bummer. But I may go to the Cincinatti show in hopes that the vocals are turned up louder.
OFFLINE |  
Tone Loc's Avatar Tone Loc
06-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Hell yes!

TOOL kicked ass, once again. This was my 8th TOOL show, and these seats were the closest I have been to the band yet (Section 3, Row 7). I had a clear view of everything (especially Danny), and, despite what others have said, I thought the acoustics were great.

I was virtually praying for Pushit, but Flood was a KICK-ASS treat, as that's one of the TOOL songs I had yet to hear live, and the guys pulled off a flawless performance.

All in all, I had a great time. The show was on my 27th birthday, and it was well worth the 4-hour trip from Dayton, OH.

See you in Cincinnati on June 29.
5/15/2006 -- Fox Theatre, Detroit, MI | 9/21/2006 -- Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
6/17/2007 -- Roberts Stadium, Evansville, IN | 6/29/2007 -- U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH
Old 06-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Hell yes!

TOOL kicked ass, once again. This was my 8th TOOL show, and these seats were the closest I have been to the band yet (Section 3, Row 7). I had a clear view of everything (especially Danny), and, despite what others have said, I thought the acoustics were great.

I was virtually praying for Pushit, but Flood was a KICK-ASS treat, as that's one of the TOOL songs I had yet to hear live, and the guys pulled off a flawless performance.

All in all, I had a great time. The show was on my 27th birthday, and it was well worth the 4-hour trip from Dayton, OH.

See you in Cincinnati on June 29.
5/15/2006 -- Fox Theatre, Detroit, MI | 9/21/2006 -- Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
6/17/2007 -- Roberts Stadium, Evansville, IN | 6/29/2007 -- U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH
OFFLINE |  
reachingforsky
06-21-2007, 05:31 AM

This is my third Tool show.
Nashville 1997 (Lollapalooza) / Memphis 1998 (w/The Melvins) / Evansville 2007

I love Tool from Opiate to Aenima, but to be honest I have little use for Lateralus and 10,000 Days. I love every song from the first three albums but only about three songs from the last two albums.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. Where was "Sober"? Or "Eulogy"? "Third Eye"? "Pushit"? "Prison Sex"?

At least a couple of these would have been nice. The rocking highlights of the night for me were "Stinkfist", "46 & 2", and "Schism". Beyond those three songs, I didn't really have fun the rest of the night.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:31 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

This is my third Tool show.
Nashville 1997 (Lollapalooza) / Memphis 1998 (w/The Melvins) / Evansville 2007

I love Tool from Opiate to Aenima, but to be honest I have little use for Lateralus and 10,000 Days. I love every song from the first three albums but only about three songs from the last two albums.

Needless to say, I was disappointed. Where was "Sober"? Or "Eulogy"? "Third Eye"? "Pushit"? "Prison Sex"?

At least a couple of these would have been nice. The rocking highlights of the night for me were "Stinkfist", "46 & 2", and "Schism". Beyond those three songs, I didn't really have fun the rest of the night.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply