Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie Part I
10,000 Days Wings Part II
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-31-2007 at 07:35 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2 (Extended Intro)
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie Part I
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-31-2007 at 07:35 AM..
OFFLINE |  
fearxile
05-29-2007, 10:58 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
46+2
The Pot!!!!!
Schism(ext)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings for Marie/10k Days
Lateralus(ext)
Vicarious

Damn good show. Was very happy we got The Pot and Vicarious. Was hoping for Aenima, but it seems with the ext. Lateralus its taken a step out of the set list. Maynard seemed pretty into it. I think all he said was "Hello Florida" after Jambi and thank you after 10K days.

Visuals were amazing this time around. I remember they weren't great during the mini-tour, and the first couple songs during their summer tour, didnt have much visuals, mostly just the backdrop changing colors. Lasers were still pretty neat also.

Adam kind of screwed up the talkbox part of Jambi. I don't think he had the pedal activated cause there was no sound at first and you could see him messing with the pedals. He also played it a lot different. I don't know what went on there. He also broke a string or something right near the end of 10K days and he switched out guitars and came back in pretty smooth.

A few idiots here and there like some idiot in my section was yelling "Thank you Maynard's mom" at the start of Wings. Some guy rushed the stage when they were all waving to the crowd. Hope he dies in a fire.

My opinion of the opening band changed. A lot of people seemed to like them. A couple of idiots behind me were yelling boo because the guitarist "made their ears hurt", with some of his riffs. Gotta give them respect, they are unique. I was doing some reading about them when I got home from after the show, seems like they toured with Fantomas, which is one of Mike Pattons projects, and hes a good friend of the band, so Im sure thats how they got signed.

Their guitarist was pretty sick, with all the insane riffs he was doing. Sounded like some of it was delayed, so it sounded like he was playing 2 tracks at the same time.

Can't wait for Orlando and Jacksonville. Peace out.

Last edited by fearxile; 05-29-2007 at 11:07 PM..
Old 05-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/29 - Tampa, FL - USF Sundome

Jambi
Stinkfist
46+2
The Pot!!!!!
Schism(ext)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings for Marie/10k Days
Lateralus(ext)
Vicarious

Damn good show. Was very happy we got The Pot and Vicarious. Was hoping for Aenima, but it seems with the ext. Lateralus its taken a step out of the set list. Maynard seemed pretty into it. I think all he said was "Hello Florida" after Jambi and thank you after 10K days.

Visuals were amazing this time around. I remember they weren't great during the mini-tour, and the first couple songs during their summer tour, didnt have much visuals, mostly just the backdrop changing colors. Lasers were still pretty neat also.

Adam kind of screwed up the talkbox part of Jambi. I don't think he had the pedal activated cause there was no sound at first and you could see him messing with the pedals. He also played it a lot different. I don't know what went on there. He also broke a string or something right near the end of 10K days and he switched out guitars and came back in pretty smooth.

A few idiots here and there like some idiot in my section was yelling "Thank you Maynard's mom" at the start of Wings. Some guy rushed the stage when they were all waving to the crowd. Hope he dies in a fire.

My opinion of the opening band changed. A lot of people seemed to like them. A couple of idiots behind me were yelling boo because the guitarist "made their ears hurt", with some of his riffs. Gotta give them respect, they are unique. I was doing some reading about them when I got home from after the show, seems like they toured with Fantomas, which is one of Mike Pattons projects, and hes a good friend of the band, so Im sure thats how they got signed.

Their guitarist was pretty sick, with all the insane riffs he was doing. Sounded like some of it was delayed, so it sounded like he was playing 2 tracks at the same time.

Can't wait for Orlando and Jacksonville. Peace out.

Last edited by fearxile; 05-29-2007 at 11:07 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ShamanicTom
05-29-2007, 10:58 PM

2 things you need to know about this show.
RIGHT IN TWO!!!
THE POT!!!!

Holy shit!! I saw them a month ago in Tucson. Both shows were awesome - There is no point in saying one was better than the other. One thing I noticed about tonight is that Maynard barely said anything to the crowd. I can't recall him saying a single thing except for "Thank You" before Lateralus. I was way high up on the right side, but a few times I wandered around the arena to get different angles on the action. The light show on the stage looked AWESOME tonight. There were more images on the screens than before as well. I remember at the Tucson show it seemed to take them a while to get the screens and the light show going, whereas tonight it was full blast from the getgo.

Unofficial Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
The Pot
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension (no vocals)
Right in Two
Lateralus
Vicarious

Other notes:
Danny's solo was SICK
Stinkfist was straight through, not extended version
Schism had the extended fast version with drum solo
Another variation/drum solo on Lateralus that was incredible
Danny had another drum solo (it was SICK!) but I can't remember when it happened exactly
The guy behind me ripped his seat off after Right in Two... typical

It never gets old. Thanks again Tool

Last edited by ShamanicTom; 05-29-2007 at 11:10 PM..
Old 05-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

2 things you need to know about this show.
RIGHT IN TWO!!!
THE POT!!!!

Holy shit!! I saw them a month ago in Tucson. Both shows were awesome - There is no point in saying one was better than the other. One thing I noticed about tonight is that Maynard barely said anything to the crowd. I can't recall him saying a single thing except for "Thank You" before Lateralus. I was way high up on the right side, but a few times I wandered around the arena to get different angles on the action. The light show on the stage looked AWESOME tonight. There were more images on the screens than before as well. I remember at the Tucson show it seemed to take them a while to get the screens and the light show going, whereas tonight it was full blast from the getgo.

Unofficial Setlist:
Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
The Pot
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension (no vocals)
Right in Two
Lateralus
Vicarious

Other notes:
Danny's solo was SICK
Stinkfist was straight through, not extended version
Schism had the extended fast version with drum solo
Another variation/drum solo on Lateralus that was incredible
Danny had another drum solo (it was SICK!) but I can't remember when it happened exactly
The guy behind me ripped his seat off after Right in Two... typical

It never gets old. Thanks again Tool

Last edited by ShamanicTom; 05-29-2007 at 11:10 PM..
OFFLINE |  
H-462
05-29-2007, 11:17 PM

Setlist (I think this is the right order, but please, someone correct me if I made a mistake):
Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-six & 2
The Pot
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension Intro/Right In Two
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious

As long as I've been a Tool fan, this was my first time seeing them live. I've been waiting 6 years for the opportunity, and I can say now it was totally worth the wait. It was AWESOME. Maynard didn't talk much, just said "Hello Florida" and "Thank you." The whole show was visually and (of course) musically stunning. I was really looking forward to "Jambi" and "Rosetta Stoned" in particular, and they certainly didn't disappoint. For me, though, the climax of the show was "Wings/10,000 Days", when they started using the lasers. An amazing song in its own right, but the way it was executed tonight was absolutely beautiful. "Lateralus" was brilliant too. No "Pushit" like I'd hoped, but they did play "The Pot" for us tonight. Overall, an excellent show, one of the best concerts I've ever been to, hands down.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Setlist (I think this is the right order, but please, someone correct me if I made a mistake):
Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty-six & 2
The Pot
Schism
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension Intro/Right In Two
Wings For Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious

As long as I've been a Tool fan, this was my first time seeing them live. I've been waiting 6 years for the opportunity, and I can say now it was totally worth the wait. It was AWESOME. Maynard didn't talk much, just said "Hello Florida" and "Thank you." The whole show was visually and (of course) musically stunning. I was really looking forward to "Jambi" and "Rosetta Stoned" in particular, and they certainly didn't disappoint. For me, though, the climax of the show was "Wings/10,000 Days", when they started using the lasers. An amazing song in its own right, but the way it was executed tonight was absolutely beautiful. "Lateralus" was brilliant too. No "Pushit" like I'd hoped, but they did play "The Pot" for us tonight. Overall, an excellent show, one of the best concerts I've ever been to, hands down.
OFFLINE |  
TampaRichard
05-30-2007, 04:21 AM

I have seen over 100 concerts in my life and this was my first Tool concert. It was an excellent concert and of course the big surprise was "The Pot" and I love "Right in Two". I have tickets for Orlando tomorrow night so i am hoping to hear "Push It". My tickets were originally up in the the "nose bleed" section - L3, but was able to move all the way down to section M2 where the seats were killer.

Several comments about the show: as someone already said, Maynard only said a couple comments to the crowd and solely stayed to the right of Danny on his own little platform. He did not come out to the front of the stage at all! I think the rest of the band was very tight and put on a great show. THe live show sounds as good as the CD except for the lyrics in Rosetta Stoned. YOu could not hear the words very well but Maynard was cranking them out even faster than the CD.

Although the place was sold out, it did not seem like the crowd was into the show that much. There were a few songs the crowd got into it, especially Jambi to start off the show. HOwever, I expected to crowd to be more into the show and rock out more. Two of the songs that absolutely jammed were Right in Two and Rosetta Stoned, yet the crowd was just chilling out and it was like they were waiting for another more popular song to be played. By the way, what's the deal with people walking around drinking beer and talking to their friends during the show???

I know a lot of people thought the visuals and Danny's solo was killer, but I disagree. The visuals were just OK! Let me be clear that I think Danny is an excellent drummer. His drumming on the albums and live are fantastic, but the solo didn't impress me as much as it did other people. I have seen Metallica, Rush, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Judas Priest, and GodSmack - now those drummers put on a killer solo. Maybe I am a little more critical considering how many shows I have seen. Bottom line is that I rank Tool and this show up there as one of my favorites!

In terms of the opening act - I did not catch their name but I know they were from Tokyo. You could not understand the singer at all. The guitarist was actually a pretty talented kid!

Overall, I think the concert was excellent and I can't wait to see them in Orlando!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

I have seen over 100 concerts in my life and this was my first Tool concert. It was an excellent concert and of course the big surprise was "The Pot" and I love "Right in Two". I have tickets for Orlando tomorrow night so i am hoping to hear "Push It". My tickets were originally up in the the "nose bleed" section - L3, but was able to move all the way down to section M2 where the seats were killer.

Several comments about the show: as someone already said, Maynard only said a couple comments to the crowd and solely stayed to the right of Danny on his own little platform. He did not come out to the front of the stage at all! I think the rest of the band was very tight and put on a great show. THe live show sounds as good as the CD except for the lyrics in Rosetta Stoned. YOu could not hear the words very well but Maynard was cranking them out even faster than the CD.

Although the place was sold out, it did not seem like the crowd was into the show that much. There were a few songs the crowd got into it, especially Jambi to start off the show. HOwever, I expected to crowd to be more into the show and rock out more. Two of the songs that absolutely jammed were Right in Two and Rosetta Stoned, yet the crowd was just chilling out and it was like they were waiting for another more popular song to be played. By the way, what's the deal with people walking around drinking beer and talking to their friends during the show???

I know a lot of people thought the visuals and Danny's solo was killer, but I disagree. The visuals were just OK! Let me be clear that I think Danny is an excellent drummer. His drumming on the albums and live are fantastic, but the solo didn't impress me as much as it did other people. I have seen Metallica, Rush, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Judas Priest, and GodSmack - now those drummers put on a killer solo. Maybe I am a little more critical considering how many shows I have seen. Bottom line is that I rank Tool and this show up there as one of my favorites!

In terms of the opening act - I did not catch their name but I know they were from Tokyo. You could not understand the singer at all. The guitarist was actually a pretty talented kid!

Overall, I think the concert was excellent and I can't wait to see them in Orlando!
OFFLINE |  
KW2M's Avatar KW2M
05-30-2007, 04:55 AM

Great show. Have not missed a Tool tour since 93 and Lollapalooza. And have waited 6? yrs since Lateralus. 1st ....opening group..LOUD!!! Chris you are lucky you didnt go your ears would have popped. The guitar player had some amazing sounds coming from his guitar.. Lots of effects reminded me of being stuck in Tom Morello's solo of "Bulls on Pararde". And they are heavily influenced by "smashing pumpkins" . Now that I've seen them I will be skipping them for Orlando. But if you have not,...sure check em out. Now to TOOL. Amazing set. Good set list, but not great. And I am with the rest of you guys so far. My favorite track off 10,000 is The Pot. So when I heard it I went nuts on the floor. Stinkfist was excellent. A couple more old songs would have made my night, but ok I get the whole promote new album. The only song I had a problem with was Rosetta Stoned, and MJK with the loud speaker. At first it was very hard to hear him, then it got a little better. They had a tough time with that song. And at times it seemed like they were muffling the speakers with too much bass and drums. About Danny, he didnt get warmed up till the end of "the Pot" and then he tore the place up. Light show...awesome. I liked it was a small stage, so that MJK couldnt hide like he tends to do. Great show. One more complaint they need to cool it with the cell phone BS. On the floor if you even turned on your phone and they saw the screen light they were all over you. They wasted so much time checking phones it became a joke. People were opening and closing their phones just to make this dude run around....And to guy the jumped on us on the floor, your lucky my buddy didnt kill you!!! Your lucky I was big enough to pull him off. You have no concern for the injury you could have done to us. Anyways see you guys in Orlando. Hope we get The Pot again. $38 shirts BTW.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 AM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Great show. Have not missed a Tool tour since 93 and Lollapalooza. And have waited 6? yrs since Lateralus. 1st ....opening group..LOUD!!! Chris you are lucky you didnt go your ears would have popped. The guitar player had some amazing sounds coming from his guitar.. Lots of effects reminded me of being stuck in Tom Morello's solo of "Bulls on Pararde". And they are heavily influenced by "smashing pumpkins" . Now that I've seen them I will be skipping them for Orlando. But if you have not,...sure check em out. Now to TOOL. Amazing set. Good set list, but not great. And I am with the rest of you guys so far. My favorite track off 10,000 is The Pot. So when I heard it I went nuts on the floor. Stinkfist was excellent. A couple more old songs would have made my night, but ok I get the whole promote new album. The only song I had a problem with was Rosetta Stoned, and MJK with the loud speaker. At first it was very hard to hear him, then it got a little better. They had a tough time with that song. And at times it seemed like they were muffling the speakers with too much bass and drums. About Danny, he didnt get warmed up till the end of "the Pot" and then he tore the place up. Light show...awesome. I liked it was a small stage, so that MJK couldnt hide like he tends to do. Great show. One more complaint they need to cool it with the cell phone BS. On the floor if you even turned on your phone and they saw the screen light they were all over you. They wasted so much time checking phones it became a joke. People were opening and closing their phones just to make this dude run around....And to guy the jumped on us on the floor, your lucky my buddy didnt kill you!!! Your lucky I was big enough to pull him off. You have no concern for the injury you could have done to us. Anyways see you guys in Orlando. Hope we get The Pot again. $38 shirts BTW.
OFFLINE |  
jholler0
05-30-2007, 06:32 AM

1st TOOL Show Section 2B

Wings and Lateralus = mind-blowing

Visuals and lasers = incredible

Extended Schism and Lateralus = hard-on inducing

Lame girl next to me that sat down after the first two songs = fucking lame!

Missing all but the last song by the opening band = smartest thing I did all night

Awesome fucking show! Thank you TOOL! See you in Orlando!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

1st TOOL Show Section 2B

Missing all but the last song by the opening band = smartest thing I did all night

OFFLINE |  
iamthewalrus237
05-30-2007, 06:49 AM

This show was a real disappointment.

First the opening band was one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Then Tool played a bunch of hit singles, including their worst song, The Pot. Wings/10000 Days was really boring. Right in Two was okay, and Lateralus was awesome, mostly because of Danny's solo.

I wasn't really impressed with the visuals, a lot of them were just their music videos, old artwork, and stuff from Dissectional. The lasers were pretty cool, but I would have rathered heard some good songs than watch lights.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

This show was a real disappointment.

First the opening band was one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Then Tool played a bunch of hit singles, including their worst song, The Pot. Wings/10000 Days was really boring. Right in Two was okay, and Lateralus was awesome, mostly because of Danny's solo.

I wasn't really impressed with the visuals, a lot of them were just their music videos, old artwork, and stuff from Dissectional. The lasers were pretty cool, but I would have rathered heard some good songs than watch lights.
OFFLINE |  
tmim16
05-30-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholler0 View Post
1st TOOL Show Section 2B

While I agree with your review of the show, sitting is not lame at all. This was my 4th or 5th tool show and the most enjoyable to date since I didn't have hooligans doing idiotic dances in front of me, head banging and spilling their beer on my wife and so on... I love the energy of tool shows but you should respect that some people enjoy it differently than you do :)

Anyways, on topic of the show, it was really really good. The opening band, while original, was just too loud for the style of music they were playing. It really was deafening and my ears are still hurting now from their set.

When Jambi first started playing the energy in the place was amazing. The entire bleacher in my section was just pulsing back and forth from people moving to the beat, it was really an awesome way to start the show. The effect got even worse with stinkfist, it was so powerful we were almost concerned if the seats were going to hold! Awesome!

The visuals were amazing, and the setlist was great. Can't wait for Orlando :)
Old 05-30-2007, 06:54 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholler0 View Post
1st TOOL Show Section 2B

While I agree with your review of the show, sitting is not lame at all. This was my 4th or 5th tool show and the most enjoyable to date since I didn't have hooligans doing idiotic dances in front of me, head banging and spilling their beer on my wife and so on... I love the energy of tool shows but you should respect that some people enjoy it differently than you do :)

Anyways, on topic of the show, it was really really good. The opening band, while original, was just too loud for the style of music they were playing. It really was deafening and my ears are still hurting now from their set.

When Jambi first started playing the energy in the place was amazing. The entire bleacher in my section was just pulsing back and forth from people moving to the beat, it was really an awesome way to start the show. The effect got even worse with stinkfist, it was so powerful we were almost concerned if the seats were going to hold! Awesome!

The visuals were amazing, and the setlist was great. Can't wait for Orlando :)
OFFLINE |  
theanomoly3
05-30-2007, 07:42 AM

WOW!!! What a GREAT show last night!! Everyone seems to have the setlist correct so I'm not gonna repost.

First let me say that the opening band would have killed most elderly and small children with their ear piercing guitar mess ( I'm not going to call them riffs) , and babbling vocals. Dont get me wrong, I know Tool is known for having very interseting opening acts, but come on!! I didn't catch their name, partly due to them not speaking good english, but I think I heard the word "bannana"?

Tool opened with "Jambi" which is a cool tune but I didn't think it was a strong enough opener,....I would have preferred them opening with "SOBER" or straight into "stinkfist" which they played later. Biggest DISAPOINTMENTS!!!!.......NOTHING FROM UNDERTOW or OPIATE......I miss their old stuff....back in 03 the crowd went nuts when the played OPIATE as their closer........also NO ENCORE!!?!! I mean come on! come back out after you "fooled" everyone and play "Aenima" or really freak everyone out and play "Flood" or "jerk off".........didn't happen.

Danny really stole the show, half way during the set he he sat downand iced his arm, and their were whispers that he hurt it during "right in two".....but then gets back up and gives us a mind blowing 5min drum solo during "Lateralus". I could see where Adam had a couple issues with his gear, I saw the "guitar doctor" rush out a bunch of times to make adjustments....but he still kicked ass. Maynard started the show pretty energetic but grew kinda tired in the last songs, some idiot rushed the stage during their final huddle and Maynard booked it......DAnny and Justin just laughed while the guy was tackled. by security.....I guess Keenan took offense.

The "POT" was a pleasant surprise...but "Rosetta Stoned" was my favorite!! Which is odd because it wasnt my favorite song on the album.....but that's what I love most about Tool Shows....they make you re-discover their songs and appreciate the complexity that goes into it. So if I had my pick for the night....."Rosetta Stoned" ...was flawless, they played extentions to the song and I couldnt even begin to describe the expierence!! Excellent show, great memory........but one last thing, they need to cut BS with the camera phones, I klnow flashes can obstruct the effects , but security was acting like the cell phone gesatpo!!! NOT very cool....
Old 05-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW!!! What a GREAT show last night!! Everyone seems to have the setlist correct so I'm not gonna repost.

First let me say that the opening band would have killed most elderly and small children with their ear piercing guitar mess ( I'm not going to call them riffs) , and babbling vocals. Dont get me wrong, I know Tool is known for having very interseting opening acts, but come on!! I didn't catch their name, partly due to them not speaking good english, but I think I heard the word "bannana"?

Tool opened with "Jambi" which is a cool tune but I didn't think it was a strong enough opener,....I would have preferred them opening with "SOBER" or straight into "stinkfist" which they played later. Biggest DISAPOINTMENTS!!!!.......NOTHING FROM UNDERTOW or OPIATE......I miss their old stuff....back in 03 the crowd went nuts when the played OPIATE as their closer........also NO ENCORE!!?!! I mean come on! come back out after you "fooled" everyone and play "Aenima" or really freak everyone out and play "Flood" or "jerk off".........didn't happen.

Danny really stole the show, half way during the set he he sat downand iced his arm, and their were whispers that he hurt it during "right in two".....but then gets back up and gives us a mind blowing 5min drum solo during "Lateralus". I could see where Adam had a couple issues with his gear, I saw the "guitar doctor" rush out a bunch of times to make adjustments....but he still kicked ass. Maynard started the show pretty energetic but grew kinda tired in the last songs, some idiot rushed the stage during their final huddle and Maynard booked it......DAnny and Justin just laughed while the guy was tackled. by security.....I guess Keenan took offense.

The "POT" was a pleasant surprise...but "Rosetta Stoned" was my favorite!! Which is odd because it wasnt my favorite song on the album.....but that's what I love most about Tool Shows....they make you re-discover their songs and appreciate the complexity that goes into it. So if I had my pick for the night....."Rosetta Stoned" ...was flawless, they played extentions to the song and I couldnt even begin to describe the expierence!! Excellent show, great memory........but one last thing, they need to cut BS with the camera phones, I klnow flashes can obstruct the effects , but security was acting like the cell phone gesatpo!!! NOT very cool....
OFFLINE |  
a_divine_martyr's Avatar a_divine_martyr
05-30-2007, 08:35 AM

I think I'm in the minority when I say that the opening band was SICK. Couldn't hear the singer too well, but the music was killer. The guitarist definately worked the feedback well. Sometimes it was a little much, but I was diggin' it.

However, Tool was definately solid. They aced Rosetta Stoned, Jambi, and Right in Two.

Few technical mishaps for Adam, but nothing that really took away from the show.

My only complaint is that the accoustics at the Sun Dome suck. Alot. Being on the floor it was hard to hear Maynard sometimes
You never meant a word. Not a fucking word of it. I am so sick of goodbyes. So sick of committing suicide. I am so sick of the in between, now and then. So sick of swinging the hammer. So sick of my suicide, of burying every hero that I had.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 79

I think I'm in the minority when I say that the opening band was SICK. Couldn't hear the singer too well, but the music was killer. The guitarist definately worked the feedback well. Sometimes it was a little much, but I was diggin' it.

However, Tool was definately solid. They aced Rosetta Stoned, Jambi, and Right in Two.

Few technical mishaps for Adam, but nothing that really took away from the show.

My only complaint is that the accoustics at the Sun Dome suck. Alot. Being on the floor it was hard to hear Maynard sometimes
You never meant a word. Not a fucking word of it. I am so sick of goodbyes. So sick of committing suicide. I am so sick of the in between, now and then. So sick of swinging the hammer. So sick of my suicide, of burying every hero that I had.
OFFLINE |  
geauxtiger
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM

Melt Banana was the opening act. As stated from others, they were overly loud. Loved the bass player. Tiny chick with TONS of energy. The mic for the vocals was terrible, and was poor for TOOL as well.

Overall the concert was very good. As stated, I felt the vocals (the mic) were terrible. I could barely make out what Maynard was singing, and if you did not know the words, you would be lost. For those of you who thought that was a great laser light show, you have not seen many good laser shows. Drum solo was LONG (not mind-blowing) and lacked energy. I think that was what struck me the most. The band (and the crowd) did not have the energy that I expected. When the band did crank energy, they KICKED ASS, but I felt there were too many lulls in the flow of the concert. The most noticeable being the "on-stage" break when Danny iced his arm, at which they lost the crowd.

I hope the band gets re-juvinated before the Friday show in Orlando. I thought they looked tired. Very disappointed with Schizm, but Lateralus was AWESOME.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Melt Banana was the opening act. As stated from others, they were overly loud. Loved the bass player. Tiny chick with TONS of energy. The mic for the vocals was terrible, and was poor for TOOL as well.

Overall the concert was very good. As stated, I felt the vocals (the mic) were terrible. I could barely make out what Maynard was singing, and if you did not know the words, you would be lost. For those of you who thought that was a great laser light show, you have not seen many good laser shows. Drum solo was LONG (not mind-blowing) and lacked energy. I think that was what struck me the most. The band (and the crowd) did not have the energy that I expected. When the band did crank energy, they KICKED ASS, but I felt there were too many lulls in the flow of the concert. The most noticeable being the "on-stage" break when Danny iced his arm, at which they lost the crowd.

I hope the band gets re-juvinated before the Friday show in Orlando. I thought they looked tired. Very disappointed with Schizm, but Lateralus was AWESOME.
OFFLINE |  
Filth Monger's Avatar Filth Monger
05-30-2007, 09:23 AM

This was my third TOOL show, and I though it was a great one. Had good seats with a great view from over in M2. I truly enjoyed the setlist, it was good to hear "The Pot". Acoustics were horrible as always at the Sun Dome. One could barely hear Maynard for half the show. Still waiting for the day I get "Eulogy" and "Flood" but oh well. I miss the live performers on stage as well (bobbing head people, acrobats, etc.) Opening act was not very good at all. I had a great time.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

This was my third TOOL show, and I though it was a great one. Had good seats with a great view from over in M2. I truly enjoyed the setlist, it was good to hear "The Pot". Acoustics were horrible as always at the Sun Dome. One could barely hear Maynard for half the show. Still waiting for the day I get "Eulogy" and "Flood" but oh well. I miss the live performers on stage as well (bobbing head people, acrobats, etc.) Opening act was not very good at all. I had a great time.
OFFLINE |  
imbecilebychoice
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM

I was at this show, it was kick ass. The only thing that I didn't like is the damn sound was wayyyyyy too loud. Like I could hear more bass then anything. The opening act sounded like nothing but screaming, and all that. Danny had a kick ass solo and Adam had a sweet one before Schism started. I got pics and videos if anyone wants me to up em, for those who weren't there. The videos are kinda crappy because avoiding security guards plus all the damn sound they were producing, didn't turn out too well with the cam, but I got some good vids of Vicarious, 10,000 days, Beginning of Schism, an alright one of Stinkfist, part of Rosetta Stoned. The pics were sweet though, especially when Tool was like "Lets sit down and see if anyone puts up a lighter." Lol. Awesome show.

Last edited by imbecilebychoice; 05-30-2007 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

I was at this show, it was kick ass. The only thing that I didn't like is the damn sound was wayyyyyy too loud. Like I could hear more bass then anything. The opening act sounded like nothing but screaming, and all that. Danny had a kick ass solo and Adam had a sweet one before Schism started. I got pics and videos if anyone wants me to up em, for those who weren't there. The videos are kinda crappy because avoiding security guards plus all the damn sound they were producing, didn't turn out too well with the cam, but I got some good vids of Vicarious, 10,000 days, Beginning of Schism, an alright one of Stinkfist, part of Rosetta Stoned. The pics were sweet though, especially when Tool was like "Lets sit down and see if anyone puts up a lighter." Lol. Awesome show.

Last edited by imbecilebychoice; 05-30-2007 at 11:30 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Balltongue
05-30-2007, 11:04 AM

This was my second tool show and it was unbelievable. I missed the opening act and by the people that were sitting around me they didn't care for them. I think it was during 46-2 that the crowd got so loud singing the lyrics MJK stopped looked at the crowd and stuck out his mic for the crowd to sing. Don't know if it bothered him or not but after a couple of lines the crowd got quieter and he started singing again. The lasers and the video backdrops were amazing and really went well with the show. It seemed liked the crowd wanted to hear more singles because the energy died down during Rosetta Stoned and Right In Two. I enjoyed all the solos and seeing MJK dancing and really feeling the music was definitly great. Overal show was mind blowing.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second tool show and it was unbelievable. I missed the opening act and by the people that were sitting around me they didn't care for them. I think it was during 46-2 that the crowd got so loud singing the lyrics MJK stopped looked at the crowd and stuck out his mic for the crowd to sing. Don't know if it bothered him or not but after a couple of lines the crowd got quieter and he started singing again. The lasers and the video backdrops were amazing and really went well with the show. It seemed liked the crowd wanted to hear more singles because the energy died down during Rosetta Stoned and Right In Two. I enjoyed all the solos and seeing MJK dancing and really feeling the music was definitly great. Overal show was mind blowing.
OFFLINE |  
toolofmagick
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM

This was my first Tool show in Florida and my first show in general since the Lateralus tour.

Sound was amazing, our seats were great, and the whole show was a jaw dropping expierance. I wish they would have played more older material but I cannot complain. I never noticed until that show how well Adam and Justin work together on stage. Of course the whole show belonged to Danny. Nothing cuts through a PA of that caliber like his Paiste set. After the show, getting backstage and meeting him (after snacking on the bands soda & dry turkey snadwiches) was probably the highlight of my life so far, and it was better when he invited us to come hang out at the Orlando show.

So, see you guys in Orlando tommorow...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first Tool show in Florida and my first show in general since the Lateralus tour.

Sound was amazing, our seats were great, and the whole show was a jaw dropping expierance. I wish they would have played more older material but I cannot complain. I never noticed until that show how well Adam and Justin work together on stage. Of course the whole show belonged to Danny. Nothing cuts through a PA of that caliber like his Paiste set. After the show, getting backstage and meeting him (after snacking on the bands soda & dry turkey snadwiches) was probably the highlight of my life so far, and it was better when he invited us to come hang out at the Orlando show.

So, see you guys in Orlando tommorow...
OFFLINE |  
HelloImCarter
05-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Fucking awesome. I was in the pit, centered, near the stage. Tripped my ass off!! Had some tripping buddies too, they rocked. Tool was phenomenal, as everyone said already. Those lights were trippy (I'm talking specifically about Vicarious's grid-light)!!! Had a blast... words can't explain. Laughed my ass off, just because I couldn't express other feelings. If anyone took pictures of video (despite not being allowed) I'd love to see them and reminisce.

Later.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

Fucking awesome. I was in the pit, centered, near the stage. Tripped my ass off!! Had some tripping buddies too, they rocked. Tool was phenomenal, as everyone said already. Those lights were trippy (I'm talking specifically about Vicarious's grid-light)!!! Had a blast... words can't explain. Laughed my ass off, just because I couldn't express other feelings. If anyone took pictures of video (despite not being allowed) I'd love to see them and reminisce.

Later.
OFFLINE |  
kujobie
05-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Awesome show. This was my 5th time seeing Tool. Twice on the Lateralus tour, and three times on this tour (one year ago in Chicago on the warm-up tour, six months ago in Chicago on the first leg, and last night in Tampa) I must say that the show, overall, has improved, although I think the sound was better at both Chicago shows. Blame that on the Sundome. But we had awesome seats, sec P1, and I'm not saying the sound was bad. I thought it was very clear, but our location was good. It was almost too loud. I wondered, at times, if the roof was gonna lift off that place. This was, by far, the loudest of the hundreds of concerts I have been to. It was fucking loud. I may bring earplugs to the Orlando show. I know, I'm a pussy. The visuals were awesome. I've seen Floyd multiple times, Rush 7 or 8 times, etc. I think last night was the most impressive show I have seen in regards to the lasers and visuals. I will add that I was stone cold sober, which is a relatively new experience for me. Maybe I just remember it better. This wasn't by choice. The beer lines were a joke. I would've missed half the show to get a $7 draft beer, so I passed on that. Plus, I wanted to be in my seat and remain there for the whole show which is hard to do when you are drinking a lot. I made an audio recording of the show, which came out very good by the way. Funny how anal they were about cheesy cell phone pics that won't come out anyways, while I had a pretty sophisticated recording set up in my lap for the entire show. Anyways, it was a great show. I have my doubts about the future of this band and, that being the case, you should try to catch them when they come to your town. It is worth every penny.

Last edited by kujobie; 05-30-2007 at 02:38 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Awesome show. This was my 5th time seeing Tool. Twice on the Lateralus tour, and three times on this tour (one year ago in Chicago on the warm-up tour, six months ago in Chicago on the first leg, and last night in Tampa) I must say that the show, overall, has improved, although I think the sound was better at both Chicago shows. Blame that on the Sundome. But we had awesome seats, sec P1, and I'm not saying the sound was bad. I thought it was very clear, but our location was good. It was almost too loud. I wondered, at times, if the roof was gonna lift off that place. This was, by far, the loudest of the hundreds of concerts I have been to. It was fucking loud. I may bring earplugs to the Orlando show. I know, I'm a pussy. The visuals were awesome. I've seen Floyd multiple times, Rush 7 or 8 times, etc. I think last night was the most impressive show I have seen in regards to the lasers and visuals. I will add that I was stone cold sober, which is a relatively new experience for me. Maybe I just remember it better. This wasn't by choice. The beer lines were a joke. I would've missed half the show to get a $7 draft beer, so I passed on that. Plus, I wanted to be in my seat and remain there for the whole show which is hard to do when you are drinking a lot. I made an audio recording of the show, which came out very good by the way. Funny how anal they were about cheesy cell phone pics that won't come out anyways, while I had a pretty sophisticated recording set up in my lap for the entire show. Anyways, it was a great show. I have my doubts about the future of this band and, that being the case, you should try to catch them when they come to your town. It is worth every penny.

Last edited by kujobie; 05-30-2007 at 02:38 PM..
OFFLINE |  
janus771
05-30-2007, 03:11 PM

QUESTION: What did the guys light on fire up on stage during their brief break?
(I'm curious)

Great show. Alot of f**ed up people. More herb than a Dre or Cypress Hill concert for sure.

I managed to make my way on the floor 1-2 people behind the rail at the stage. I must say from that spot the vocals were extremely faint. I understand that they sounded way better further back. I guess I was in a dead spot for the sound from the big speaker array stacks - I could hear mostly the bass guitar and drums. You could hear the stage monitors from the band up there though.

Danny Carey is awesome, and the light show was a great complement. His drums were dialed in and mic'ed superbly.

Yep it sounded to me like Justin's setup had some issues towards the end of 10k days (i think?)

Adam's rig was killer.

I also think a big improvement would have been to raise the height of the stage. I'm used to seeing musical acts on a more elevated stage.

Awesome show nonetheless, and I loved the setlist.

Tampa has some fine looking women and good props to security.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

QUESTION: What did the guys light on fire up on stage during their brief break?
(I'm curious)

Great show. Alot of f**ed up people. More herb than a Dre or Cypress Hill concert for sure.

I managed to make my way on the floor 1-2 people behind the rail at the stage. I must say from that spot the vocals were extremely faint. I understand that they sounded way better further back. I guess I was in a dead spot for the sound from the big speaker array stacks - I could hear mostly the bass guitar and drums. You could hear the stage monitors from the band up there though.

Danny Carey is awesome, and the light show was a great complement. His drums were dialed in and mic'ed superbly.

Yep it sounded to me like Justin's setup had some issues towards the end of 10k days (i think?)

Adam's rig was killer.

I also think a big improvement would have been to raise the height of the stage. I'm used to seeing musical acts on a more elevated stage.

Awesome show nonetheless, and I loved the setlist.

Tampa has some fine looking women and good props to security.
OFFLINE |  
TheBigTool
05-30-2007, 03:35 PM

This was my first Tool show. Been waiting for a while with the injury to Danny.

I've seen a handful of concerts at the Sun Dome and except for Audioslave the sound has generally sucked. I was right up front, 3rd row of people from the rail, and it was a good 4-5 songs in before I could hear Maynard at all. At some points I wasn't even sure if he was still singing, it was that bad.

Oh, and I thought the opening band was terrible. Really terrible.

That was a big disappointment for me, no fault of Tool's. Also you can't really take in the visuals or lasers from there. We have seats for the Orlando show which I think was a good choice.

Best band on the planet. A good show but unfortunately the sound where I was sucked and I never really felt like the band was that into it.

And the group hug at the end appeared to be cut short for Maynard when some dude ran on stage. Maynard exited the stage immediately after that.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

This was my first Tool show. Been waiting for a while with the injury to Danny.

I've seen a handful of concerts at the Sun Dome and except for Audioslave the sound has generally sucked. I was right up front, 3rd row of people from the rail, and it was a good 4-5 songs in before I could hear Maynard at all. At some points I wasn't even sure if he was still singing, it was that bad.

Oh, and I thought the opening band was terrible. Really terrible.

That was a big disappointment for me, no fault of Tool's. Also you can't really take in the visuals or lasers from there. We have seats for the Orlando show which I think was a good choice.

Best band on the planet. A good show but unfortunately the sound where I was sucked and I never really felt like the band was that into it.

And the group hug at the end appeared to be cut short for Maynard when some dude ran on stage. Maynard exited the stage immediately after that.
OFFLINE |  
Pisces's Avatar Pisces
05-30-2007, 04:49 PM

I missed it, was it Melt Banana? That's what I heard. They are awesome. I'm seeing them on their own later this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_divine_martyr View Post

Old 05-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

I missed it, was it Melt Banana? That's what I heard. They are awesome. I'm seeing them on their own later this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_divine_martyr View Post

05-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbecilebychoice View Post
Where can you upload these videos to? I would love to see them.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbecilebychoice View Post
Where can you upload these videos to? I would love to see them.
05-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Was a great show. Except, as mentioned the vocals were hard to hear during parts. Probably why it fell just short of the one I saw in Daytona in '02.

If the floor had rows, I'd be like 3-5 rows from the rail in the middle. I was really close. Not sure why some here said the fans weren't into it, or the band either. Everyone was going nuts. Band seemed receptive towards it too. Maynard actually moved a little, more than I've seen in awhile as mentioned. Don't care that he didn't talk much. Highlights had to be 10,000 Days, Lateralus, and Vicarious.

Last edited by dissonance19; 05-30-2007 at 05:05 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

Was a great show. Except, as mentioned the vocals were hard to hear during parts. Probably why it fell just short of the one I saw in Daytona in '02.

If the floor had rows, I'd be like 3-5 rows from the rail in the middle. I was really close. Not sure why some here said the fans weren't into it, or the band either. Everyone was going nuts. Band seemed receptive towards it too. Maynard actually moved a little, more than I've seen in awhile as mentioned. Don't care that he didn't talk much. Highlights had to be 10,000 Days, Lateralus, and Vicarious.

Last edited by dissonance19; 05-30-2007 at 05:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  
mookieguy
05-30-2007, 06:16 PM

delete

Last edited by mookieguy; 05-30-2007 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: delete
Old 05-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

delete

delete

Last edited by mookieguy; 05-30-2007 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: delete
OFFLINE |  
budhatouch's Avatar budhatouch
05-30-2007, 06:35 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
The Pot
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings I and II
Lateralus
Vicarious

"Hello Florida!" Thats all we got from Maynard. It was said between Jambi and Stinkfist. SunDome has surprisingly good acoustics. Venue was smaller than a major arena. All the seats looked full. Started at 9:07 played till 11:05. Long lines for bathroom (real Long!!!) and beer. My fourth show, third tour since new album, first time i heard The Pot, which was amazing. I believe that was the time its been played in a while. Jambi was a good opener. Everyone except the people on the floor and the very bottom level were sitting. Kinda weird, but hey I guess its OK. (I'm getting old). The guy who sat next to me was at his 1st Tool show. During the latter part of the show (never saw him after wings I) he told me that as a band musically they are great, but they didnt entertain. What the hell does that mean? Go to the movies dude. The music is entertaining, what do you want them to do? Well we got a complete set that sounded GREAT!! Rosetta Stoned has come a long way since the warmup tour. Although the lyrics in the beginning are less gritty, its a changup, I'll take it..dont really have a choice. We got a complete set, so no one can bitch about anything, I hope. See you in Orlando for the last time in probably a long time.
11/22/96 | 02/27/97 | 07/11/97 | 07/03/98 | 10/24/01 | 10/28/01 | 07/23/02 | 07/26/02 | 05/19/06 | 05/20/06 | 09/11/06 | 05/29/07 | 05/31/07 |
Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
The Pot
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings I and II
Lateralus
Vicarious

"Hello Florida!" Thats all we got from Maynard. It was said between Jambi and Stinkfist. SunDome has surprisingly good acoustics. Venue was smaller than a major arena. All the seats looked full. Started at 9:07 played till 11:05. Long lines for bathroom (real Long!!!) and beer. My fourth show, third tour since new album, first time i heard The Pot, which was amazing. I believe that was the time its been played in a while. Jambi was a good opener. Everyone except the people on the floor and the very bottom level were sitting. Kinda weird, but hey I guess its OK. (I'm getting old). The guy who sat next to me was at his 1st Tool show. During the latter part of the show (never saw him after wings I) he told me that as a band musically they are great, but they didnt entertain. What the hell does that mean? Go to the movies dude. The music is entertaining, what do you want them to do? Well we got a complete set that sounded GREAT!! Rosetta Stoned has come a long way since the warmup tour. Although the lyrics in the beginning are less gritty, its a changup, I'll take it..dont really have a choice. We got a complete set, so no one can bitch about anything, I hope. See you in Orlando for the last time in probably a long time.
11/22/96 | 02/27/97 | 07/11/97 | 07/03/98 | 10/24/01 | 10/28/01 | 07/23/02 | 07/26/02 | 05/19/06 | 05/20/06 | 09/11/06 | 05/29/07 | 05/31/07 |
OFFLINE |  
Pisces's Avatar Pisces
05-30-2007, 07:31 PM

This show was so cool. I missed the first band, unfortunately. I had no idea who was opening until it was too late. This was one of the best shows I have been to in my life. Aside from the drunken girls next to me screaming into their cell phones, this was amazing.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

This show was so cool. I missed the first band, unfortunately. I had no idea who was opening until it was too late. This was one of the best shows I have been to in my life. Aside from the drunken girls next to me screaming into their cell phones, this was amazing.
05-30-2007, 09:10 PM

First off, let me get this off my chest: The opening band sucked.

The band came out around 9:05 and immediately went into Jambi. Flawless performance by all, and a great talk box part by Adam, despite it seeming to have a few issues technically.

The show continued on with flawless performances, tons of energy from the crowd, and an good light show. I only recall Maynard being turned around, showing his back, for about 5 mins. The rest of the time he was very animated and seemed to be very into it. (At the end he seemed to settle down though). Adam and Justin kept looking across at each other, keeping together. (Justin during Lost Keys was unbelievable).

After an hour, they stopped and sat on the stage. Justin lit a lighter and the rest of the arena lit up. What a sight.

As I said earlier, the energy from the crowd was awe-inspiring. Everyone knew every single word, sang it, stomped their feet to the beat, and jumped at each beat in unison (i.e.: Stinkfist "I'll ... keep...digging....."). This sent chills through my spine at many points. I'm sure this isn't anything new, but it really adds to the experience. I disagree with those that said the crowd didn't seem too enthusiastic, but I guess it depends on where you're seated.

Of course the Sundome is not the greatest place for acoustics, but given that, the sound was tolerable. A bit boomy at points, but the extra bass really let you feel it in your chest. Most of the time you couldn't hear Maynard clearly, but you could tell what he was singing if you actually know the songs.

Maynard didn't speak much. After Jambi he said "Hello Florida". The only thing he said after that was "Thank you" right after Lateralus.

After they finished Vicarious, the house lights went on and they took in all the cheers, and then someone jumped on stage and got tackled. Maynard immediately exited the stage and the rest stayed for a few mins. No encore, unfortunately. I think only Adam made a mistake two or three times but they were barely noticeable.

Generally, I give a great amount of kudos to the Tampa audience. Everyone was completely into it and just sat there and enjoyed the amazing show. Not to mention all the beautiful women on people's shoulders. ;)

Last edited by czar; 05-30-2007 at 09:23 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

First off, let me get this off my chest: The opening band sucked.

The band came out around 9:05 and immediately went into Jambi. Flawless performance by all, and a great talk box part by Adam, despite it seeming to have a few issues technically.

The show continued on with flawless performances, tons of energy from the crowd, and an good light show. I only recall Maynard being turned around, showing his back, for about 5 mins. The rest of the time he was very animated and seemed to be very into it. (At the end he seemed to settle down though). Adam and Justin kept looking across at each other, keeping together. (Justin during Lost Keys was unbelievable).

After an hour, they stopped and sat on the stage. Justin lit a lighter and the rest of the arena lit up. What a sight.

As I said earlier, the energy from the crowd was awe-inspiring. Everyone knew every single word, sang it, stomped their feet to the beat, and jumped at each beat in unison (i.e.: Stinkfist "I'll ... keep...digging....."). This sent chills through my spine at many points. I'm sure this isn't anything new, but it really adds to the experience. I disagree with those that said the crowd didn't seem too enthusiastic, but I guess it depends on where you're seated.

Of course the Sundome is not the greatest place for acoustics, but given that, the sound was tolerable. A bit boomy at points, but the extra bass really let you feel it in your chest. Most of the time you couldn't hear Maynard clearly, but you could tell what he was singing if you actually know the songs.

Maynard didn't speak much. After Jambi he said "Hello Florida". The only thing he said after that was "Thank you" right after Lateralus.

After they finished Vicarious, the house lights went on and they took in all the cheers, and then someone jumped on stage and got tackled. Maynard immediately exited the stage and the rest stayed for a few mins. No encore, unfortunately. I think only Adam made a mistake two or three times but they were barely noticeable.

Generally, I give a great amount of kudos to the Tampa audience. Everyone was completely into it and just sat there and enjoyed the amazing show. Not to mention all the beautiful women on people's shoulders. ;)

Last edited by czar; 05-30-2007 at 09:23 PM..
OFFLINE |  
alienoar
05-31-2007, 04:40 AM

To the person that asked, yes the opening band was MELT BANANA. They were fantastic but the vocals were hard to hear from the front of the floor. My only gripe about them opening for the Tool tour is that they had to cancel their headlining appearance in Tampa this upcoming weekend. Their set was much more atmospheric and "rock-oriented" than I expected, but there was still plenty of spazz-punk to go around. Good 30 minute set from MxBx.

Overall, the sound from the front floor was pretty terrible all night, with the bass guitar and kick drum drowning everything out from Justin's side. However, being my 8th Tool show I was not that worried about sacrificing some of the sound, since my friend was pretty excited about staying right up front by the stage. I hear the sound was much better from the back of the floor and up in the seats. Highlight of the evening was probably Right In Two for me, since this was the only song they played which I have never heard live before. The lights in Lateralus are pretty cool, lots of lasers and good screen effects. My friend made the comment that Tool has become the Laser Floyd of our generation, ha ha (she loved the show).

I could gripe about the rarely-changing setlist, etc., but why bother -- it's all been said before. The main reason I keep coming back for Tool shows now is that they always bring stellar opening acts. Now Melt Banana needs to re-book a proper tour and come back (or I may have to drive to Gainesville on sunday for their headlining show at Common Grounds).
Old 05-31-2007, 04:40 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

To the person that asked, yes the opening band was MELT BANANA. They were fantastic but the vocals were hard to hear from the front of the floor. My only gripe about them opening for the Tool tour is that they had to cancel their headlining appearance in Tampa this upcoming weekend. Their set was much more atmospheric and "rock-oriented" than I expected, but there was still plenty of spazz-punk to go around. Good 30 minute set from MxBx.

Overall, the sound from the front floor was pretty terrible all night, with the bass guitar and kick drum drowning everything out from Justin's side. However, being my 8th Tool show I was not that worried about sacrificing some of the sound, since my friend was pretty excited about staying right up front by the stage. I hear the sound was much better from the back of the floor and up in the seats. Highlight of the evening was probably Right In Two for me, since this was the only song they played which I have never heard live before. The lights in Lateralus are pretty cool, lots of lasers and good screen effects. My friend made the comment that Tool has become the Laser Floyd of our generation, ha ha (she loved the show).

I could gripe about the rarely-changing setlist, etc., but why bother -- it's all been said before. The main reason I keep coming back for Tool shows now is that they always bring stellar opening acts. Now Melt Banana needs to re-book a proper tour and come back (or I may have to drive to Gainesville on sunday for their headlining show at Common Grounds).
OFFLINE |  
TheOldToolGuy
05-31-2007, 07:15 AM

I've been listening to Tool since Undertow, and really latched on to them with the release of Aenima. Tuesday night in Tampa was my first opportunity to see them in concert, and I was not disappointed. A few observations:
- The acoustics in the Sun Dome generally suck unless you sit at stage-level, and not too far back, or the sound is bouncing back at you of the back wall. For Audioslave and also for Tool we sat in the section driectly in line with the stage, about 15 rows up. The sound was excellent, including vocals.
- The sound was so excellent, in fact, that the opening act, Squashed Fruit, was ear-piercing. Not really my cup of saki. Japanese Punk Rock? We kept commenting that Tool certainly had a sense of humor, particularly since from where we were sitting they all looked like they were about 10 years old. We were relieved when they finished.
- Maynard's lack of exposure on stage was surprising. He stayed on the back riser with the drummer for the entire show, and not once do I remember him ever being lit with a spot, so for the entire show you see him only in silouette against the video screens. I supose that fits Tool's MO of bucking convention. De-emphasizing the vocalist is something I've never seen taken to such an extent.
- The visuals were incredible, and the multimedia screens behind the stage were super nifty, always interesting, and really complement the music. The lasers were done very well, but lasers are lasers. They've been around for a long time and it's hard to be original no mater how you mix them up.
- Thank you for playing 'The Pot'...and 46 & 2, your best song ever.
- 'Sober' would have been nice, but hey, it wasn't a greatest hits tour, was it?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

I've been listening to Tool since Undertow, and really latched on to them with the release of Aenima. Tuesday night in Tampa was my first opportunity to see them in concert, and I was not disappointed. A few observations:
- The acoustics in the Sun Dome generally suck unless you sit at stage-level, and not too far back, or the sound is bouncing back at you of the back wall. For Audioslave and also for Tool we sat in the section driectly in line with the stage, about 15 rows up. The sound was excellent, including vocals.
- The sound was so excellent, in fact, that the opening act, Squashed Fruit, was ear-piercing. Not really my cup of saki. Japanese Punk Rock? We kept commenting that Tool certainly had a sense of humor, particularly since from where we were sitting they all looked like they were about 10 years old. We were relieved when they finished.
- Maynard's lack of exposure on stage was surprising. He stayed on the back riser with the drummer for the entire show, and not once do I remember him ever being lit with a spot, so for the entire show you see him only in silouette against the video screens. I supose that fits Tool's MO of bucking convention. De-emphasizing the vocalist is something I've never seen taken to such an extent.
- The visuals were incredible, and the multimedia screens behind the stage were super nifty, always interesting, and really complement the music. The lasers were done very well, but lasers are lasers. They've been around for a long time and it's hard to be original no mater how you mix them up.
- Thank you for playing 'The Pot'...and 46 & 2, your best song ever.
- 'Sober' would have been nice, but hey, it wasn't a greatest hits tour, was it?
OFFLINE |  
numbshadow
05-31-2007, 07:16 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2 (Extended Intro)
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie Part I
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

The venue was much smaller then I had anticipated, it was one of the more intimate Tool shows I've been to. Before the opening band started we were on the floor and these two beautiful girls started making out right in front of us. The opening band was called something like Melt Banana¿ They're from Japan, the guitarist was ok but the sound was horrible. When the arena went black and the crowd rattled the place w/ cheers as Tool walked out on stage. Maynard was actually dressed like himself in jeans, t-shirt and a Puscifer leather jacket. They opened w/ Jambi and it sounded better then ever. Followed by an extended version of Stinkfist I've never heard before which was incredible. There were some people that were pushing and shoving, but for the most part the majority of the crowd was dancing and moving to the music. After Stinkfist it was a ten minute breathtaking episode of Forty Six and Two. All of the songs not from Ten Thousand Days were extended as well as altered in some way. Somewhere in the middle of their set w/ what I think was Lipan Conjuring playing in the back ground¿ Danny came out from behind his drums w/ a bag of ice on his elbow, Adam and Justin put their guitars down and Maynard came back out from behind the speakers when the four of them sat on the stage. Justin lit a giant zippo lighter and held it up so the crowd follow suit and the place lit up w/ lighter and went crazy, for about five minutes the band just looked over the crowd w/ smiles on their faces. As they were getting up Danny threw the bag of ice into the crowd and this guy right in front of my caught it. At first he didn't want to open it but everyone was dieing of thirst including himself so it didn't take long for him to open it and start handing out ice to everyone around him. Who ever you were thank you we all needed that. I believe that the next song was Right in Two which they haven't played very much on this tour. It was phenomenal live, better then I could have ever expected as was Wings For Marie Parts I and II, those two songs were enchanting to say the least. Next was a mind blowing version of Lateralus w/ an extended beginning, middle and ending. They ended their set w/ Vicarious and that left the arena erupting w/ energy. They stayed on stage for a few more minutes throwing sticks, picks and drum skins into the crowd. The laser lights were mesmerizing and from what little I saw of them (I had my eyes closed a lot) the visuals on the screens were better then ever. They played for almost three hours and for those three hours I was in complete and total ecstasy, that was better then any chemical I've ever done. Best birthday ever.

Last edited by numbshadow; 05-31-2007 at 07:25 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Jambi
Stinkfist (Extended)
46&2 (Extended Intro)
The Pot
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie Part I
Lateralus (Extended)
Vicarious

The venue was much smaller then I had anticipated, it was one of the more intimate Tool shows I've been to. Before the opening band started we were on the floor and these two beautiful girls started making out right in front of us. The opening band was called something like Melt Banana¿ They're from Japan, the guitarist was ok but the sound was horrible. When the arena went black and the crowd rattled the place w/ cheers as Tool walked out on stage. Maynard was actually dressed like himself in jeans, t-shirt and a Puscifer leather jacket. They opened w/ Jambi and it sounded better then ever. Followed by an extended version of Stinkfist I've never heard before which was incredible. There were some people that were pushing and shoving, but for the most part the majority of the crowd was dancing and moving to the music. After Stinkfist it was a ten minute breathtaking episode of Forty Six and Two. All of the songs not from Ten Thousand Days were extended as well as altered in some way. Somewhere in the middle of their set w/ what I think was Lipan Conjuring playing in the back ground¿ Danny came out from behind his drums w/ a bag of ice on his elbow, Adam and Justin put their guitars down and Maynard came back out from behind the speakers when the four of them sat on the stage. Justin lit a giant zippo lighter and held it up so the crowd follow suit and the place lit up w/ lighter and went crazy, for about five minutes the band just looked over the crowd w/ smiles on their faces. As they were getting up Danny threw the bag of ice into the crowd and this guy right in front of my caught it. At first he didn't want to open it but everyone was dieing of thirst including himself so it didn't take long for him to open it and start handing out ice to everyone around him. Who ever you were thank you we all needed that. I believe that the next song was Right in Two which they haven't played very much on this tour. It was phenomenal live, better then I could have ever expected as was Wings For Marie Parts I and II, those two songs were enchanting to say the least. Next was a mind blowing version of Lateralus w/ an extended beginning, middle and ending. They ended their set w/ Vicarious and that left the arena erupting w/ energy. They stayed on stage for a few more minutes throwing sticks, picks and drum skins into the crowd. The laser lights were mesmerizing and from what little I saw of them (I had my eyes closed a lot) the visuals on the screens were better then ever. They played for almost three hours and for those three hours I was in complete and total ecstasy, that was better then any chemical I've ever done. Best birthday ever.

Last edited by numbshadow; 05-31-2007 at 07:25 AM..
OFFLINE |  
JAMIMBI
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM

(set list listed above)

This was my very first TOOL concert and after years of waiting and anticipation it was worth every second of patience.

Seemed like there were a few technical problems but hey whos perfect? still a phenomenal show.

The opening band was quite the ear shocker, it'll take some extended listening to get the full effect. There guitarist extremely overpowered the rest of the band and no one knew could understand what the singer was saying, maybe that was the point. They sounded extremely experimental though...

TOOL lived up to their reputation of putting on a brilliant show, hands down the best concert i have ever been to in 21 years...

Surprising to most, MAYNARD didn't say much but "Good evening" and "Thank you very much" and he left in quite a hurry when they were done playing, while the rest of the band was throwing frisbees and receiving applause MAYNARD was gone.

His notion could be quite understandable considering the crowd. It seemed to be an energetic crowd but maybe tampa has been deprived of good music, intelligence and concert etiquete for far too long to know how to act when a band as respected and talented as TOOL comes to town. I counted at least 5 shirts and several other items that were thrown up on stage. What the fuck is with that?!?!?!?! One jack ass ran up on stage as they were exiting. It could have been worse but its no mystery why MAYNARD may have wanted to leave when he had the chance. Its okay to go nuts at a show but there is still room to respect the band. Hopefully these incidents dont leave a bad impression of tampa on the band and we'll be able to see another TOOL concert in the bay area again...

p.s. the bass, guitar and drum techs were dressed in lab coats like Albert Hoffman I suppose, I thought that was humorous...
Old 05-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

(set list listed above)

This was my very first TOOL concert and after years of waiting and anticipation it was worth every second of patience.

Seemed like there were a few technical problems but hey whos perfect? still a phenomenal show.

The opening band was quite the ear shocker, it'll take some extended listening to get the full effect. There guitarist extremely overpowered the rest of the band and no one knew could understand what the singer was saying, maybe that was the point. They sounded extremely experimental though...

TOOL lived up to their reputation of putting on a brilliant show, hands down the best concert i have ever been to in 21 years...

Surprising to most, MAYNARD didn't say much but "Good evening" and "Thank you very much" and he left in quite a hurry when they were done playing, while the rest of the band was throwing frisbees and receiving applause MAYNARD was gone.

His notion could be quite understandable considering the crowd. It seemed to be an energetic crowd but maybe tampa has been deprived of good music, intelligence and concert etiquete for far too long to know how to act when a band as respected and talented as TOOL comes to town. I counted at least 5 shirts and several other items that were thrown up on stage. What the fuck is with that?!?!?!?! One jack ass ran up on stage as they were exiting. It could have been worse but its no mystery why MAYNARD may have wanted to leave when he had the chance. Its okay to go nuts at a show but there is still room to respect the band. Hopefully these incidents dont leave a bad impression of tampa on the band and we'll be able to see another TOOL concert in the bay area again...

p.s. the bass, guitar and drum techs were dressed in lab coats like Albert Hoffman I suppose, I thought that was humorous...
OFFLINE |  
DarlingDepp
05-31-2007, 04:27 PM

First off i forgot my user name so im using my girlfriends.

To begin this was my first tool show and it was absolutely amazing. I was lucky enough to get tickets for row 6 of P1, so yeah we had the perfect view of the stage.

Visuals - awesome, the back drop was great and went great with the laser show.

Sound - i heard that the sun dome had great acoustics, but damn! Great sound, it was like listening to the albums in my car.

Opening band - What the hell where they thinking!!! guitarist was killer, but the rest was just flat out annoying.

I must say the playlist was spectacular, great choice of tracks

1 - Jambi
2 - Stinkfist (Extended)
3 - 46&2
4 - The Pot
5 - Schism (Extended)
6 - Lost Keys(Blame Hoffman)
7 - Rosetta Stoned
8 - Right In Two
9 - Wings For Marie Part I
10 - 10,000 Days Wings Part II
11 - Lateralus (Extended)
12 - Vicarious

Cant wait for their next trip to the tampa area. If anyone has any news on the next possible visit to tamp/orlando area please e-mail me at [email protected] thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 04:27 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

First off i forgot my user name so im using my girlfriends.

To begin this was my first tool show and it was absolutely amazing. I was lucky enough to get tickets for row 6 of P1, so yeah we had the perfect view of the stage.

Visuals - awesome, the back drop was great and went great with the laser show.

Sound - i heard that the sun dome had great acoustics, but damn! Great sound, it was like listening to the albums in my car.

Opening band - What the hell where they thinking!!! guitarist was killer, but the rest was just flat out annoying.

I must say the playlist was spectacular, great choice of tracks

1 - Jambi
2 - Stinkfist (Extended)
3 - 46&2
4 - The Pot
5 - Schism (Extended)
6 - Lost Keys(Blame Hoffman)
7 - Rosetta Stoned
8 - Right In Two
9 - Wings For Marie Part I
10 - 10,000 Days Wings Part II
11 - Lateralus (Extended)
12 - Vicarious

Cant wait for their next trip to the tampa area. If anyone has any news on the next possible visit to tamp/orlando area please e-mail me at [email protected] thanks
OFFLINE |  
sallyinfl
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM

I was on the floor about four rows of people back from the stage in the middle. It was an incredible experience, my first concert in Tampa although I seen them before in MA in 02.They're my favorite band ever and can never dissapoint me. I don't have any complaints except for all the stinky guys and being real thirsty. I didn't want to leave my spot because I knew I'd never get back like my friend william joseph, by the way I lost your number. Oh and the guy who jumped on stage was trying to hook up with me after the show, Now thats a jack-ass
Old 05-31-2007, 07:54 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

I was on the floor about four rows of people back from the stage in the middle. It was an incredible experience, my first concert in Tampa although I seen them before in MA in 02.They're my favorite band ever and can never dissapoint me. I don't have any complaints except for all the stinky guys and being real thirsty. I didn't want to leave my spot because I knew I'd never get back like my friend william joseph, by the way I lost your number. Oh and the guy who jumped on stage was trying to hook up with me after the show, Now thats a jack-ass
OFFLINE |  
Bigsandles's Avatar Bigsandles
06-04-2007, 06:37 AM

This is my first post and am very excited to be part of such an amazing group of people from the BAND to the FANS. I have been to many TOOL shows. My first being “Lollapalooza ‘97” and I got to work the show being a stage hand. Maynard was white and blue w/a fake pony tail a bra and cloggs. I had never seen anything like him…..EVER and I liked it. After that show I knew I had found something special. My wife and I went to this show and I think it was one if not the best that we had ever seen. I would have brought my 20 month old son but my wife said no…LOL… I hope to bring him to a show one day. “KEEP EVOLVING”
Old 06-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

This is my first post and am very excited to be part of such an amazing group of people from the BAND to the FANS. I have been to many TOOL shows. My first being “Lollapalooza ‘97” and I got to work the show being a stage hand. Maynard was white and blue w/a fake pony tail a bra and cloggs. I had never seen anything like him…..EVER and I liked it. After that show I knew I had found something special. My wife and I went to this show and I think it was one if not the best that we had ever seen. I would have brought my 20 month old son but my wife said no…LOL… I hope to bring him to a show one day. “KEEP EVOLVING”
OFFLINE |  
timespacex's Avatar timespacex
06-04-2007, 02:29 PM

on the floor about 20 feet in front of the board... dead center. there were times i felt as though i was standing in a citadel of sound... sound pushing up, circling to the point i could visualize crytsal like structures forming around the perimeter of the floor and rising to the rafters!!! as always, it is awesome to dial my hearing in through the mass of throbbing and pounding air from justins bass and dannys kicks and just get lost in the art of their sound. killer killer killer show and righteous the pot to boot!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

on the floor about 20 feet in front of the board... dead center. there were times i felt as though i was standing in a citadel of sound... sound pushing up, circling to the point i could visualize crytsal like structures forming around the perimeter of the floor and rising to the rafters!!! as always, it is awesome to dial my hearing in through the mass of throbbing and pounding air from justins bass and dannys kicks and just get lost in the art of their sound. killer killer killer show and righteous the pot to boot!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply