Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right in Two
Wings
10,000 Days
Lateralus (ext. w/drums)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-24-2007 at 05:55 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/24 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum

Jambi
Stinkfist (ext.)
46&2
Schism (ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right in Two
Wings
10,000 Days
Lateralus (ext. w/drums)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 06-24-2007 at 05:55 PM..
OFFLINE |  
properlejdi's Avatar properlejdi
06-24-2007, 08:21 PM

Worst TOOL show ever...what happened to the days when Maynard didn't shy away from the show? What happened to the half mic from the Undertow tour? Also what is with the fans SITTING?!? This is a TOOL show! Get down to the floor! Encore really well played, though a little disappointed that the show didn't end with Aenima...otherwise the performance was pretty typical, a little flashier than I remember...this includes the stop in Toronto last May...which was 10 times better than this show. All of you kids that only know the last couple of albums should stay home as opposed to leaving every ten minutes for another beer...A little pissed at the crowd. I hope the show on the 9th is better and for all of you first timers (I'm sure there were a lot of you there) I'm sure you're going to shit on me when you read this and post nothing but the greatest show ever...well it was tame and quiet, not exactly how a TOOL show is supposed to be...leave the girlfriends, the polo shirts and cologne at home and come see me in the pit this is not a shit band like Finger 11.

Last edited by properlejdi; 06-24-2007 at 08:35 PM..
Old 06-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/24 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum

Worst TOOL show ever...what happened to the days when Maynard didn't shy away from the show? What happened to the half mic from the Undertow tour? Also what is with the fans SITTING?!? This is a TOOL show! Get down to the floor! Encore really well played, though a little disappointed that the show didn't end with Aenima...otherwise the performance was pretty typical, a little flashier than I remember...this includes the stop in Toronto last May...which was 10 times better than this show. All of you kids that only know the last couple of albums should stay home as opposed to leaving every ten minutes for another beer...A little pissed at the crowd. I hope the show on the 9th is better and for all of you first timers (I'm sure there were a lot of you there) I'm sure you're going to shit on me when you read this and post nothing but the greatest show ever...well it was tame and quiet, not exactly how a TOOL show is supposed to be...leave the girlfriends, the polo shirts and cologne at home and come see me in the pit this is not a shit band like Finger 11.

Last edited by properlejdi; 06-24-2007 at 08:35 PM..
OFFLINE |  
coB's Avatar coB
06-24-2007, 08:44 PM

mannnn i busted a nut when danny started soloing over that part in lateralus during the variation of the intro riff... it was unreal i don't know what the fuck #2 is talking about. this was much MUCH better than the show at the amplitheatre in september. everything from the sound quality to the intensity to how much the band got into it. focking great.
maynard surprised me he was flawless - my faith in him is restored.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
coB
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 183

mannnn i busted a nut when danny started soloing over that part in lateralus during the variation of the intro riff... it was unreal i don't know what the fuck #2 is talking about. this was much MUCH better than the show at the amplitheatre in september. everything from the sound quality to the intensity to how much the band got into it. focking great.
maynard surprised me he was flawless - my faith in him is restored.
OFFLINE |  
æternus-mens's Avatar æternus-mens
06-24-2007, 08:45 PM

Completely agree with above poster... this show was knock-out good..

the band played with furious power that made for an excellent show!.!

having being on the floor I was exposed to lots of great fans... a great atmosphere which was rockin out good..

the laser show was intense... a big shout out to how good it was during 10000 days.... Tool keeps improving their visual aids... quality stuff.. ( can't wait for a DVD)

Overall this was a sick show 5/5 def.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 149

Completely agree with above poster... this show was knock-out good..

the band played with furious power that made for an excellent show!.!

having being on the floor I was exposed to lots of great fans... a great atmosphere which was rockin out good..

the laser show was intense... a big shout out to how good it was during 10000 days.... Tool keeps improving their visual aids... quality stuff.. ( can't wait for a DVD)

Overall this was a sick show 5/5 def.
Jewels Mcblah
06-24-2007, 08:48 PM

Good show! Maynard’s microphone was a little too quiet. The visuals on the stage floor were remarkable. There were too many kids running around for sure. I reckon that the show would have been much more to my liking if I didn’t get the “upgraded tickets.” My original tickets were upper tier center, after my “upgrade” I was still sitting upper tier, but practically behind the stage. I totally missed the opening act because I was at the box office fighting for better seats. All in all, it was a really good show. I “got my Tool on!” What more can you ask for?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Good show! Maynard’s microphone was a little too quiet. The visuals on the stage floor were remarkable. There were too many kids running around for sure. I reckon that the show would have been much more to my liking if I didn’t get the “upgraded tickets.” My original tickets were upper tier center, after my “upgrade” I was still sitting upper tier, but practically behind the stage. I totally missed the opening act because I was at the box office fighting for better seats. All in all, it was a really good show. I “got my Tool on!” What more can you ask for?
OFFLINE |  
buzzed0001
06-24-2007, 08:48 PM

this was my 4th tool concert, and 1st since 2002.

lowlights:

- copps generously upgraded our centered upper bowl tickets for upper bowls that were pretty much behind the stage. after complaining, we were given upper bowls that would have been great for a hockey game. copps blows donkey balls.

- too many kids spending too much time either walking up and down the stairs or chatting it up when actually near their seats. why even bother coming if you're not going to WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW?

- from our location, maynard's voice was pretty much drowned out the entire show.

highlights:

- stage setup and visuals were incredidle.

- jambi, wings and lateralus.

on the whole, this was the weakest tool concert i've been to, but a weak tool show is still ten times better than anything else out there, with the possible exception of mars volta.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

this was my 4th tool concert, and 1st since 2002.

lowlights:

- copps generously upgraded our centered upper bowl tickets for upper bowls that were pretty much behind the stage. after complaining, we were given upper bowls that would have been great for a hockey game. copps blows donkey balls.

- too many kids spending too much time either walking up and down the stairs or chatting it up when actually near their seats. why even bother coming if you're not going to WATCH THE FUCKING SHOW?

- from our location, maynard's voice was pretty much drowned out the entire show.

highlights:

- stage setup and visuals were incredidle.

- jambi, wings and lateralus.

on the whole, this was the weakest tool concert i've been to, but a weak tool show is still ten times better than anything else out there, with the possible exception of mars volta.
OFFLINE |  
Ewang
06-24-2007, 08:55 PM

I don't even know what to say... first time seeing them and it was everything I expected... and so much more. The intensity level of the entire concert was just awe inspiring. I couldn't think of a single thing I would have changed tonight. Maynard said a few things, like a little sing along yoddle which was hilarious, and thanking us for coming out. If any 2 songs stood out tonight, it was definately 10,000 Days (The visuals... there are no words to describe them, they're just amazing) and Lateralus (The extended solo was so intense and the lazer show was stunning.)

Can't wait for the July 9th show... wonder if it could beat how smokey it was in there tonight...
Old 06-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

I don't even know what to say... first time seeing them and it was everything I expected... and so much more. The intensity level of the entire concert was just awe inspiring. I couldn't think of a single thing I would have changed tonight. Maynard said a few things, like a little sing along yoddle which was hilarious, and thanking us for coming out. If any 2 songs stood out tonight, it was definately 10,000 Days (The visuals... there are no words to describe them, they're just amazing) and Lateralus (The extended solo was so intense and the lazer show was stunning.)

Can't wait for the July 9th show... wonder if it could beat how smokey it was in there tonight...
OFFLINE |  
lizbiz
06-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Just got back - wow - fucking amazing. 7th time seeing Tool, 1st time up close. 2nd row the entire concert. I'm glad I was up close experiencing that, but on the 9th I'll leave the man-stew to everyone else. A special thanks to the girl that was rubbing her ass on me for an hour :) It's tough to really listen and concentrate when you're up close, but the moshing is fun. Overall, the boys seemed a little off at some parts, but that doesn't make a difference, amazing as always.

Maynard loves Canada! Said Hamilton was his favourite place to play and I know he doesn't say that all the time. Fuckin' Canadians kick ass.

I say it every time and I'll keep saying it, Maynard's mic is mixed way too low or the instruments are too high. When you're up close sometimes you can't even tell he's singing. He was completely inaudible at the beginning of Rosetta Stoned, but the end more than made up for it. Either way I'm gonna keep coming because Tool on their worst night is better then 99% of the bands out there.

BTW, I don't know what anybody's talking about when they say the crowd was lame... we were on fire! Please..... PUSHIT on the 9th!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Just got back - wow - fucking amazing. 7th time seeing Tool, 1st time up close. 2nd row the entire concert. I'm glad I was up close experiencing that, but on the 9th I'll leave the man-stew to everyone else. A special thanks to the girl that was rubbing her ass on me for an hour :) It's tough to really listen and concentrate when you're up close, but the moshing is fun. Overall, the boys seemed a little off at some parts, but that doesn't make a difference, amazing as always.

Maynard loves Canada! Said Hamilton was his favourite place to play and I know he doesn't say that all the time. Fuckin' Canadians kick ass.

I say it every time and I'll keep saying it, Maynard's mic is mixed way too low or the instruments are too high. When you're up close sometimes you can't even tell he's singing. He was completely inaudible at the beginning of Rosetta Stoned, but the end more than made up for it. Either way I'm gonna keep coming because Tool on their worst night is better then 99% of the bands out there.

BTW, I don't know what anybody's talking about when they say the crowd was lame... we were on fire! Please..... PUSHIT on the 9th!
OFFLINE |  
mattz1010
06-24-2007, 09:21 PM

It was quite awesome?

However, it wasn't as good as the one from last year, in Toronto (Molson Amphitheatre)

The people around us were quite...unenthusiastic. I'd say in our section, it was me, my friend, the two people beside us, two people infront of us, and three behind us who stood up. Of the 50 or 60 or so in the upper-floor sections. However many there are to a 'section'.

Nevertheless, fuck them! I still had a great time. Haha, the signs said "No moshing", outside. There was definitely a mosh ^_^

Maynard needs to turn up his mic louder though.

The extensions and Intension+Right In Two, we didn't get last time. You always get to see different stuff performed live every time.

btw, if anybody was near me, I was at the very far right, in the top half. Section 209, about.

Still a great concert, 9/10!
Sad I can't go on the 9th D:
Old 06-24-2007, 09:21 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

It was quite awesome?

However, it wasn't as good as the one from last year, in Toronto (Molson Amphitheatre)

The people around us were quite...unenthusiastic. I'd say in our section, it was me, my friend, the two people beside us, two people infront of us, and three behind us who stood up. Of the 50 or 60 or so in the upper-floor sections. However many there are to a 'section'.

Nevertheless, fuck them! I still had a great time. Haha, the signs said "No moshing", outside. There was definitely a mosh ^_^

Maynard needs to turn up his mic louder though.

The extensions and Intension+Right In Two, we didn't get last time. You always get to see different stuff performed live every time.

btw, if anybody was near me, I was at the very far right, in the top half. Section 209, about.

Still a great concert, 9/10!
Sad I can't go on the 9th D:
OFFLINE |  
jayde
06-24-2007, 09:24 PM

when maynard said he had something special for us, I thought there would be like, you know...a song not always played. But no..it was a lame "tool on" thing
Old 06-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

when maynard said he had something special for us, I thought there would be like, you know...a song not always played. But no..it was a lame "tool on" thing
OFFLINE |  
mattz1010
06-24-2007, 09:43 PM

Git yer Tool on!

I wanted to video that but I had ran out! I was pretty pissed about running out of space afterwards, too, when they turned the lights back on and they had the logos on the videowalls.

I have some pictures on my camera, some videos, which I will check for quality, and I'll *try* to upload them, because, right now, I have got not a single clue on how to do it.

When he said he had something special...I really thought for a second he was going to do that song.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Git yer Tool on!

I wanted to video that but I had ran out! I was pretty pissed about running out of space afterwards, too, when they turned the lights back on and they had the logos on the videowalls.

I have some pictures on my camera, some videos, which I will check for quality, and I'll *try* to upload them, because, right now, I have got not a single clue on how to do it.

When he said he had something special...I really thought for a second he was going to do that song.
OFFLINE |  
TimmyB111's Avatar TimmyB111
06-24-2007, 09:44 PM

maynard was loving canada.. band was real tight...danny unbelieveable as usual, tried to listen for the mystery lyrics in right in two but got mezmerized by danny and forgot to pay attention to maynard.....justins bass was humping my face and adam was bang on.... crazy how he can stand so still while playing those explosive songs........ good show, hopefully we'll get pushit for the next show but none the less, still a pleasure to watch.... see you in detroit....
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

maynard was loving canada.. band was real tight...danny unbelieveable as usual, tried to listen for the mystery lyrics in right in two but got mezmerized by danny and forgot to pay attention to maynard.....justins bass was humping my face and adam was bang on.... crazy how he can stand so still while playing those explosive songs........ good show, hopefully we'll get pushit for the next show but none the less, still a pleasure to watch.... see you in detroit....
OFFLINE |  
tool6913ca
06-24-2007, 09:48 PM

My sixth time seeing them, but my first time since November 2001... The acoustics in Copps are ass, Maynard's voice was buried under all the distortion. I couldn't even hear him when he sang "Holy fuckin' shit" on Lost Keys, and that was one of the moments I was most looking forward to. AMAZING light show... we've all seen laser shows before, but Tool has really integrated them into their music like no other band I've seen. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play "Flood" (nothing off of Undertow or Opiate at all) but all in all, a much better performance than their show at the ACC in November 2001. Danny was a total machine on the skins, I was in awe. Dude is at the top of the game. It was sorta weird, every song was slowed down a bit... about a quarter of a beat slower or something. It worked for some songs... the riff in "Jambi" was fatter than Rosie O'Donnell's labia. But on other songs, it sounded like maybe Maynard was getting thrown off a bit. A solid show, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

My sixth time seeing them, but my first time since November 2001... The acoustics in Copps are ass, Maynard's voice was buried under all the distortion. I couldn't even hear him when he sang "Holy fuckin' shit" on Lost Keys, and that was one of the moments I was most looking forward to. AMAZING light show... we've all seen laser shows before, but Tool has really integrated them into their music like no other band I've seen. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play "Flood" (nothing off of Undertow or Opiate at all) but all in all, a much better performance than their show at the ACC in November 2001. Danny was a total machine on the skins, I was in awe. Dude is at the top of the game. It was sorta weird, every song was slowed down a bit... about a quarter of a beat slower or something. It worked for some songs... the riff in "Jambi" was fatter than Rosie O'Donnell's labia. But on other songs, it sounded like maybe Maynard was getting thrown off a bit. A solid show, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.
OFFLINE |  
mattz1010
06-24-2007, 09:59 PM

I noticed that too, I kept having to correct myself o_o

I was quite suprised, however, they did not play AEnima, instead, the kicker for just about everybody was Lateralus, then shortly followed by the killer Vicarious.

Oh wait, I know a way you'll all know who I am. I was the only guy wearing the Iced Earth Tshirt. I kept thinking "Maybe there's some other guy at this concert. Maybe." But I never found him, or her.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

I noticed that too, I kept having to correct myself o_o

I was quite suprised, however, they did not play AEnima, instead, the kicker for just about everybody was Lateralus, then shortly followed by the killer Vicarious.

Oh wait, I know a way you'll all know who I am. I was the only guy wearing the Iced Earth Tshirt. I kept thinking "Maybe there's some other guy at this concert. Maybe." But I never found him, or her.
OFFLINE |  
CopperGoat's Avatar CopperGoat

mattz1010, I was in section 209 row 11.

The show was alright, but I was disappointed at times:

couldn't hear maynard many times

guitar was too overpowering and it didn't play the solos or certain parts didn't "sound" right as it should have been played ie the album. what gives? his "improvization" wasn't that good.

there were alot of breaks where they didn't really play anything good. it was just noises and sounds of monotonous notes, feedback and the like, "ambience" but in reality, rubbish. When they "improvized" there were no melodies at all, what's with them not being able to play melodies?

I'm disappointed that they played 10,000 Days and Right in Two, these songs are too repetitive and not as creative or varied. It was worse when Adam didn't play certain parts as it should have been played for these songs.

To the guy that said people were unenthusiastic, there's a reason for that, we don't want to hear white noise and empty sounds that are just filler, the music should be played how it's supposed to be played, aka the album. Tool as a band is not the improvizational type, it is wholly like Richard Wagner's Total Artwork requiring perfectionism, meticulous order and kick ass clearly audible riffs, not defeaning and monotonous feedback, distortion

-- Woody Allen
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #15

Bincount™: 2

guitar was too overpowering and it didn't play the solos or certain parts didn't "sound" right as it should have been played ie the album. what gives? his "improvization" wasn't that good.

there were alot of breaks where they didn't really play anything good. it was just noises and sounds of monotonous notes, feedback and the like, "ambience" but in reality, rubbish. When they "improvized" there were no melodies at all, what's with them not being able to play melodies?

I'm disappointed that they played 10,000 Days and Right in Two, these songs are too repetitive and not as creative or varied. It was worse when Adam didn't play certain parts as it should have been played for these songs.

To the guy that said people were unenthusiastic, there's a reason for that, we don't want to hear white noise and empty sounds that are just filler, the music should be played how it's supposed to be played, aka the album. Tool as a band is not the improvizational type, it is wholly like Richard Wagner's Total Artwork requiring perfectionism, meticulous order and kick ass clearly audible riffs, not defeaning and monotonous feedback, distortion

-- Woody Allen
OFFLINE |  
iwishimay

flawless performance. communication between danny, justin and adam was spot on. i was reeeeally hoping for flood or pushit but i guess right in two was an acceptable compromise. also glad they found maynard's volume for the last half of the show. although i was expecting him to be drowned out for a lot of the more vocally demanding songs. and regarding the lateralus drum solo...fucking crazyyyy. wouldn't have missed danny's sonic mayhem for anything.

on an unrelated note, i saw at least 5 girls get carried out, after presumably collapsing. c'mon copps, for a band like tool, break out the AC a little more than once every 45 minutes.

other than that, can't wait for the 9th!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

flawless performance. communication between danny, justin and adam was spot on. i was reeeeally hoping for flood or pushit but i guess right in two was an acceptable compromise. also glad they found maynard's volume for the last half of the show. although i was expecting him to be drowned out for a lot of the more vocally demanding songs. and regarding the lateralus drum solo...fucking crazyyyy. wouldn't have missed danny's sonic mayhem for anything.

on an unrelated note, i saw at least 5 girls get carried out, after presumably collapsing. c'mon copps, for a band like tool, break out the AC a little more than once every 45 minutes.

other than that, can't wait for the 9th!
OFFLINE |  
duhfunk
06-24-2007, 10:13 PM

it was great to see them again... they are always incredible. i was a little disapointed with my own failed adventure tonite but i didn't let that ruin it.

much better than the amphitheatre, which is the worst venue around...

the vocals were a little on the quiet side and i agree it was a much mellower tool show than the past... but, I don't think you have any right to be upset about people sitting... let them do whatever the fuck they want ... worry about yourself and just enjoy...

the lasers were a great addition to the show... tho they were a bit slow at incorporating it all... at least i have the approximate timing for the next adventure...

add my name to the petiton for Pushit on the 9th. I would like to hear some older tool...

oh, and was it just me or did he say "only in Toronto" ... tsk tsk tsk
Old 06-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

it was great to see them again... they are always incredible. i was a little disapointed with my own failed adventure tonite but i didn't let that ruin it.

much better than the amphitheatre, which is the worst venue around...

the vocals were a little on the quiet side and i agree it was a much mellower tool show than the past... but, I don't think you have any right to be upset about people sitting... let them do whatever the fuck they want ... worry about yourself and just enjoy...

the lasers were a great addition to the show... tho they were a bit slow at incorporating it all... at least i have the approximate timing for the next adventure...

add my name to the petiton for Pushit on the 9th. I would like to hear some older tool...

oh, and was it just me or did he say "only in Toronto" ... tsk tsk tsk
OFFLINE |  
Stumble's Avatar Stumble
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM

fucking unreal show. sure they didn't throw in any special bits but it was still tight and amazing in its own right. side note...anyone hear the drums to third eye before they broke into intention...i think i pooped a bit.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

fucking unreal show. sure they didn't throw in any special bits but it was still tight and amazing in its own right. side note...anyone hear the drums to third eye before they broke into intention...i think i pooped a bit.
06-24-2007, 10:20 PM

Setlist:

Stinkfist
The Grudge
Eulogy
46&2
Take It Easy (Mika cover)
Bottom
Pushit
Jambi (special guest: Puff Daddy)

break

Vicarious
The final Countdown (Europe cover)
Lateralus

What a show...
Old 06-24-2007, 10:20 PM   #19
mmm
Level 1 - Lurker

Setlist:

Stinkfist
The Grudge
Eulogy
46&2
Bottom
Pushit

break

Vicarious
Lateralus

What a show...
OFFLINE |  
iwishimay
06-24-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm View Post
Setlist:

Stinkfist
The Grudge
Eulogy
46&2
Bottom
Pushit

break

Vicarious
Lateralus

What a show...
this is what we call wishful thinking
Old 06-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm View Post
Setlist:

Stinkfist
The Grudge
Eulogy
46&2
Bottom
Pushit

break

Vicarious
Lateralus

What a show...
this is what we call wishful thinking
OFFLINE |  
mattz1010
06-24-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperGoat View Post

Haha, that would be me complaining about people not being enthusiastic xD

What were your seat #s? I was in row 11. Headbanging madly at parts :D

I was somewhat disappointed with the mixing of the instruments. I had to concentrate sometimes to hear the bass o_o Guitar was overpowering, and I couldn't hear Maynard. I could only know what was going on by the snippets I *could* hear.

I am basing my opinion soley on the previous concerts I've been to...which were basically like this. Dragonforce blew the speakers on the first song (day after the Sept Toronto conert in2006). Kind of lame but funny at the same time. I guess I'm just used to it...

(eh)
Old 06-24-2007, 10:45 PM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperGoat View Post

Haha, that would be me complaining about people not being enthusiastic xD

What were your seat #s? I was in row 11. Headbanging madly at parts :D

I was somewhat disappointed with the mixing of the instruments. I had to concentrate sometimes to hear the bass o_o Guitar was overpowering, and I couldn't hear Maynard. I could only know what was going on by the snippets I *could* hear.

I am basing my opinion soley on the previous concerts I've been to...which were basically like this. Dragonforce blew the speakers on the first song (day after the Sept Toronto conert in2006). Kind of lame but funny at the same time. I guess I'm just used to it...

(eh)
OFFLINE |  
HawaiianPig's Avatar HawaiianPig
06-24-2007, 11:40 PM

Great show. Crowd fucking sucked.

So many people around me were not into it at all, my entire section was sitting, people were lounging around at the back of the pit walking in and out, the enthusiasm during the break was horrible, though we at least managed to get a full set of lighters out for a split second. No one in my entire section was cheering except for this one drunk chick, who decided to do most of her cheering during Wings Part 1 and 2.

The show itself, great start, when it kicked off with Jambi, I was surprised to see Stinkfist follow up (haven't been following the setlists). The extended versions never fail to fill my pants with manlove. Every song was great, but I was a little disappointed with Rosetta Stoned (maynard's vocals were drowned out almost entirely).

The Molson Amphitheatre show was definitely an all around better show; a shame I had shitty seats for it. I remember during the break at that one we all went insane, this time around I found myself dieing to get the energy up but not feeling it; the crowd really wasn't there to see a Tool show. Stand up, get into it a bit, stop lounging around the doorway waiting for the song to end (or for the lighter parts to kick in) to run for another beer. Show the band that you're there to see them. Someone above ragged on Maynard for not interacting with the crowd much; well, I don't blame him, they didn't deserve it.

Let's hope by July 9th people get their shit together. At least the show was great, just a shame to see it was largely unappreciated.

Last edited by HawaiianPig; 06-24-2007 at 11:44 PM..
Old 06-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Great show. Crowd fucking sucked.

So many people around me were not into it at all, my entire section was sitting, people were lounging around at the back of the pit walking in and out, the enthusiasm during the break was horrible, though we at least managed to get a full set of lighters out for a split second. No one in my entire section was cheering except for this one drunk chick, who decided to do most of her cheering during Wings Part 1 and 2.

The show itself, great start, when it kicked off with Jambi, I was surprised to see Stinkfist follow up (haven't been following the setlists). The extended versions never fail to fill my pants with manlove. Every song was great, but I was a little disappointed with Rosetta Stoned (maynard's vocals were drowned out almost entirely).

The Molson Amphitheatre show was definitely an all around better show; a shame I had shitty seats for it. I remember during the break at that one we all went insane, this time around I found myself dieing to get the energy up but not feeling it; the crowd really wasn't there to see a Tool show. Stand up, get into it a bit, stop lounging around the doorway waiting for the song to end (or for the lighter parts to kick in) to run for another beer. Show the band that you're there to see them. Someone above ragged on Maynard for not interacting with the crowd much; well, I don't blame him, they didn't deserve it.

Let's hope by July 9th people get their shit together. At least the show was great, just a shame to see it was largely unappreciated.

Last edited by HawaiianPig; 06-24-2007 at 11:44 PM..
OFFLINE |  
shab's Avatar shab
06-25-2007, 03:57 AM

Maynard comes out saying ''Good evening, one of our favourite places to play'', of course the place goes nuts. I have no understanding of the people complaining about the crowd, they must not have been at the floor to feel the energy, needless to say, you need not be at the floors to feel that sort of energy, you only need to let yourself go.
I love how people shamelessly criticize the band for not playing supposed ''album versions'' of the songs. You have to have at least some sense of music before you say something like that, and to say that a ''prog rock'' band like Tool should not include any improv elements or extended instrumental bits is ridicilously sensless and outright ignorant in my perspective.
On that note, they played ''(-) Ions'' for a bit again, and it was exciting as hell. Songs were brilliantly performed. The whole band was very very into it. I have never seen Adam move that much. He actually came to the middle of the stage for the Schism extension and orchestrated the whole movement himself. He was genuinely loving it.
Nothing to say about Danny, monster now and monster always.
Same with Justin, except for a couple of missed notes in 10000 days (he's playing barehand mind you) he was stellar, so stellar that he vibrates most his energy to the crowd.
Maynard did not say anything else until the end of Lateralus when we did that little get your Tool on bit. He said that he's ''giving us a little treat'' and that if they were to do it at some place like Florida, they wouldn't get it. Of course like anyone there, I expected Pushit at that moment, but knowing the previous setlists, it was a longshot. I'm hoping we get it on the 9th.
Intension and Right in to were amazing to hear live. I love it that some of you can consider those an empty pair of songs. Not enough lyrics for ya to memorize?Too many timing changes? awww poor fucking kids. Anyone that has the slightest knowledge of music would know that such songs represent the epitome of Tool's progressive and story-like elements. Especially songs like Rosetta or Pushit.
Rosetta was spot on by the way. I have never enjoyed it as much as I did last night and this with Maynard messing up many of his lines during the song, so imagine how impressive the rest were.
Big Business was ridicilous. You can see how King Buzzo has influenced these kids and they are a powerful duo. I hadn't heard them live before and now conclude that they ROCK!Exactly the performance I needed before Tool.

Above everything, thanks Tool, for giving us the experience, for blessing and moving us with those sounds, for showing us where it all begins.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maynard comes out saying ''Good evening, one of our favourite places to play'', of course the place goes nuts. I have no understanding of the people complaining about the crowd, they must not have been at the floor to feel the energy, needless to say, you need not be at the floors to feel that sort of energy, you only need to let yourself go.
I love how people shamelessly criticize the band for not playing supposed ''album versions'' of the songs. You have to have at least some sense of music before you say something like that, and to say that a ''prog rock'' band like Tool should not include any improv elements or extended instrumental bits is ridicilously sensless and outright ignorant in my perspective.
On that note, they played ''(-) Ions'' for a bit again, and it was exciting as hell. Songs were brilliantly performed. The whole band was very very into it. I have never seen Adam move that much. He actually came to the middle of the stage for the Schism extension and orchestrated the whole movement himself. He was genuinely loving it.
Nothing to say about Danny, monster now and monster always.
Same with Justin, except for a couple of missed notes in 10000 days (he's playing barehand mind you) he was stellar, so stellar that he vibrates most his energy to the crowd.
Maynard did not say anything else until the end of Lateralus when we did that little get your Tool on bit. He said that he's ''giving us a little treat'' and that if they were to do it at some place like Florida, they wouldn't get it. Of course like anyone there, I expected Pushit at that moment, but knowing the previous setlists, it was a longshot. I'm hoping we get it on the 9th.
Intension and Right in to were amazing to hear live. I love it that some of you can consider those an empty pair of songs. Not enough lyrics for ya to memorize?Too many timing changes? awww poor fucking kids. Anyone that has the slightest knowledge of music would know that such songs represent the epitome of Tool's progressive and story-like elements. Especially songs like Rosetta or Pushit.
Rosetta was spot on by the way. I have never enjoyed it as much as I did last night and this with Maynard messing up many of his lines during the song, so imagine how impressive the rest were.
Big Business was ridicilous. You can see how King Buzzo has influenced these kids and they are a powerful duo. I hadn't heard them live before and now conclude that they ROCK!Exactly the performance I needed before Tool.

Above everything, thanks Tool, for giving us the experience, for blessing and moving us with those sounds, for showing us where it all begins.
OFFLINE |  
Steelcity
06-25-2007, 04:21 AM

This was my first time seeing Tool live and it was easily one of the best concerts I have been to but it was no where near perfect. We arrived to hear the opening band Big Business had already started so we immediately headed for the beer section and hung out there untill the band announced their last song of the night. I cant remember a thing about their music. The band consists of 2 members. A drummer and guitar/bass/singer. Forgettable. We fought through the crowd and made it to the second/third row from the stage. Im 6'6" and people probably hate me right now. Copps is TIGHT with security. The ones in front of the stage were constantly grabbing at camera phones and a girl on the rail had her memory card confiscated from her digital camera. Yet they did nothing to the people smoking joints throughout the entire show right in front of security. Note to self * Next time bring something to smoke.

So after reading the above comments I can answer a few of the questions people have. First of all if you are sitting in seats dont expect people to be jumping all over the place. This is Copps - Its designed for hockey games. When going to a concert you should buy floor tickets. I wont even bother going to a concert if I cant be down on the floor. Being 10 feet from Adam and Justin the whole show while directly in front of the drums was awesome. Danny broke one of his cymbals and during the "break" he was icing his right arm. The crowd on the floor was going apeshit. Everyone around me was singing the songs word for word, the mosh pit was constant and everyone was completely soaked with sweat. The energy was unreal...yet I look up at the stands and can count on one hand the people up and dancing. If you want to sit at a concert go see Elton John.

Water was $3.00 What a scam. Warm water at that. Being in the soupy crowd really takes a lot out of you and I saw a couple girls pulled over the rail who were completely passed out. Also this is very important:

***CROWD SURFERS ARE THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAGS***

Thanks for kicking me in the head. These ones were smart and had tightly tied shoelaces so I couldnt rip their shoes off but I know a couple of those "tools" are waking up with some nice bruises this morning. No one likes you. Everyone under you is only pushing you along because they dont want you on their heads. WHEN SIGNS ARE POSTED SAYING NO CROWD SURFING WHY NOT KICK THEM OUT??? WHEN THE SAME GIRL GOES OVER AND OVER AGAIN BOOT HER ASS OUT.

The sound was amazing for the drums and bass. You could hear every note Justin played and I was in awe watching him play just a few feet in front of me. The guitar on the other hand was too high and was distorted quite a bit. The vocals for the most part were pretty low from where I was but they almost always are low when you are right in front of the stage.

The lightshow during Lateralus was amazing. The entire front of the stage looked like it was behind a pyramid wall of green lasers. The crowd reaction was the biggest of the night after this song.

Now for my only complaint. I have never been to a Tool show before but I go to 2 or 3 concerts a month whether small clubs or big arenas and I have witnessed some spectacular performances. The problem with Tool is that Maynard flat out sucks as an entertainer. He only ever left the drum riser to wander off backstage. The mic never left the stand. His back was turned to the crowd for the first 2 songs entirely. He only talked a few times and his "special treat" was a lame yodle. *yawn* Still, as I started off saying this was one of the best concerts I have been to by far.

For anyone reading this who is going to the July 9 show LEAVE YOUR CAMERAS AT HOME but dont forget to bring some smoke.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first time seeing Tool live and it was easily one of the best concerts I have been to but it was no where near perfect. We arrived to hear the opening band Big Business had already started so we immediately headed for the beer section and hung out there untill the band announced their last song of the night. I cant remember a thing about their music. The band consists of 2 members. A drummer and guitar/bass/singer. Forgettable. We fought through the crowd and made it to the second/third row from the stage. Im 6'6" and people probably hate me right now. Copps is TIGHT with security. The ones in front of the stage were constantly grabbing at camera phones and a girl on the rail had her memory card confiscated from her digital camera. Yet they did nothing to the people smoking joints throughout the entire show right in front of security. Note to self * Next time bring something to smoke.

So after reading the above comments I can answer a few of the questions people have. First of all if you are sitting in seats dont expect people to be jumping all over the place. This is Copps - Its designed for hockey games. When going to a concert you should buy floor tickets. I wont even bother going to a concert if I cant be down on the floor. Being 10 feet from Adam and Justin the whole show while directly in front of the drums was awesome. Danny broke one of his cymbals and during the "break" he was icing his right arm. The crowd on the floor was going apeshit. Everyone around me was singing the songs word for word, the mosh pit was constant and everyone was completely soaked with sweat. The energy was unreal...yet I look up at the stands and can count on one hand the people up and dancing. If you want to sit at a concert go see Elton John.

Water was $3.00 What a scam. Warm water at that. Being in the soupy crowd really takes a lot out of you and I saw a couple girls pulled over the rail who were completely passed out. Also this is very important:

***CROWD SURFERS ARE THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAGS***

Thanks for kicking me in the head. These ones were smart and had tightly tied shoelaces so I couldnt rip their shoes off but I know a couple of those "tools" are waking up with some nice bruises this morning. No one likes you. Everyone under you is only pushing you along because they dont want you on their heads. WHEN SIGNS ARE POSTED SAYING NO CROWD SURFING WHY NOT KICK THEM OUT??? WHEN THE SAME GIRL GOES OVER AND OVER AGAIN BOOT HER ASS OUT.

The sound was amazing for the drums and bass. You could hear every note Justin played and I was in awe watching him play just a few feet in front of me. The guitar on the other hand was too high and was distorted quite a bit. The vocals for the most part were pretty low from where I was but they almost always are low when you are right in front of the stage.

The lightshow during Lateralus was amazing. The entire front of the stage looked like it was behind a pyramid wall of green lasers. The crowd reaction was the biggest of the night after this song.

Now for my only complaint. I have never been to a Tool show before but I go to 2 or 3 concerts a month whether small clubs or big arenas and I have witnessed some spectacular performances. The problem with Tool is that Maynard flat out sucks as an entertainer. He only ever left the drum riser to wander off backstage. The mic never left the stand. His back was turned to the crowd for the first 2 songs entirely. He only talked a few times and his "special treat" was a lame yodle. *yawn* Still, as I started off saying this was one of the best concerts I have been to by far.

For anyone reading this who is going to the July 9 show LEAVE YOUR CAMERAS AT HOME but dont forget to bring some smoke.
OFFLINE |  
Eighteenth Eye's Avatar Eighteenth Eye
06-25-2007, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
no Flood or Pushit?

glad I bought tickets for the 9th instead

:)
Once again you are an idiot. The show was awesome!

I hope if they play Pushit at the next show you have to take a shit of the most urgent nature and you are forced to hear the muffled sound through the stall door.

This show was excellent...musically perfect and the energy from Lateralus was better than any time I have seen it performed before.

Danny is the best drummer alive today. I know some will disagree but that is my opinion on that but I am open to hearing your opinion if you do not agree.

Last edited by Eighteenth Eye; 06-25-2007 at 04:46 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
no Flood or Pushit?

glad I bought tickets for the 9th instead

:)

I hope if they play Pushit at the next show you have to take a shit of the most urgent nature and you are forced to hear the muffled sound through the stall door.

This show was excellent...musically perfect and the energy from Lateralus was better than any time I have seen it performed before.

Danny is the best drummer alive today. I know some will disagree but that is my opinion on that but I am open to hearing your opinion if you do not agree.

Last edited by Eighteenth Eye; 06-25-2007 at 04:46 AM..
OFFLINE |  
shab's Avatar shab
06-25-2007, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post

Danny is the best drummer alive today. I know some will disagree but that is my opinion.
I definitely will not disagree with the comment. He is by far the most complex and real drummer today. I use the word real because he is not an album drummer, nor is he a sensless speed drummer. He was there last night and for two hours, did not miss half a beat and kept everyone at the show on their toes.

The show was enlightening as expected. Thanks to everyone that was not taking flash photos and talking/walking during the songs.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 AM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post

Danny is the best drummer alive today. I know some will disagree but that is my opinion.
I definitely will not disagree with the comment. He is by far the most complex and real drummer today. I use the word real because he is not an album drummer, nor is he a sensless speed drummer. He was there last night and for two hours, did not miss half a beat and kept everyone at the show on their toes.

The show was enlightening as expected. Thanks to everyone that was not taking flash photos and talking/walking during the songs.
OFFLINE |  
properlejdi's Avatar properlejdi
06-25-2007, 04:51 AM

No disagreement here, liked the way he mixed up the solos unlike the May 06 show where it was put all into a ten min solo during 46 & 2.

Can't wait to get down onto the floor on the 9th...why didn't anyone go down onto the floor from the stands last night? I wanted to but wasn't getting kicked out because everyone else was sitting in their seats like zombies. What happened to a little rule breaking for a good time?

And yes the posts about Danny's song mixing during intension, I thought I was going crazy and hearing things...glad it wasn't just me.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:51 AM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

No disagreement here, liked the way he mixed up the solos unlike the May 06 show where it was put all into a ten min solo during 46 & 2.

Can't wait to get down onto the floor on the 9th...why didn't anyone go down onto the floor from the stands last night? I wanted to but wasn't getting kicked out because everyone else was sitting in their seats like zombies. What happened to a little rule breaking for a good time?

And yes the posts about Danny's song mixing during intension, I thought I was going crazy and hearing things...glad it wasn't just me.
OFFLINE |  
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
06-25-2007, 05:49 AM

Wow, what a great fuckin show! My ears are still ringing, I'm still pumped and can't wait to see them July 9th again... hopefully that time Copps Coliseum will have their shit together, what a joke, waiting close to 45min just to get in... lineups were insane, what did they have 2 entrances for a 18,000 seat arena? I'm suprised anyone got to see the opening band, I was there at 7pm and had to rush to have 1 beer before Tool started.

As for TOOL, no complaints here... Justin was totally into it, Danny fuckin rocked as usual, I spent most the night just watching him go crazy, blows me away... I was right in front of Adam, he was bang on the entire night... and Maynard, I dont care about a little flaw here or there, he sounded great to me... sure it could have been a bit louder at times, but none the less I was satisfied. Great fuckin show! Lateralus laser show was wicked, and the only negative comment I must say would be no Flood.. :(
But there's still July 9th! Lets hope!

I hope someone can post some pics... especially during Lateralus!

Cya's at the July 9th show!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:49 AM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Wow, what a great fuckin show! My ears are still ringing, I'm still pumped and can't wait to see them July 9th again... hopefully that time Copps Coliseum will have their shit together, what a joke, waiting close to 45min just to get in... lineups were insane, what did they have 2 entrances for a 18,000 seat arena? I'm suprised anyone got to see the opening band, I was there at 7pm and had to rush to have 1 beer before Tool started.

As for TOOL, no complaints here... Justin was totally into it, Danny fuckin rocked as usual, I spent most the night just watching him go crazy, blows me away... I was right in front of Adam, he was bang on the entire night... and Maynard, I dont care about a little flaw here or there, he sounded great to me... sure it could have been a bit louder at times, but none the less I was satisfied. Great fuckin show! Lateralus laser show was wicked, and the only negative comment I must say would be no Flood.. :(
But there's still July 9th! Lets hope!

I hope someone can post some pics... especially during Lateralus!

Cya's at the July 9th show!
OFFLINE |  
imbackagain2's Avatar imbackagain2
06-25-2007, 05:57 AM

Jambi-great opener
Stinkfist (ext.)(loud and spot on)
46&2(one of my favs with dannys great druming)
Schism (ext.)(good extended version)
Lost Keys(nice little break to discuss the awsomeness of the show with my buddys
Rosetta Stoned(maynards volcals were week here)
Intension
Right in Two(sounded great for me)
Wings(muffeled vocals)
10,000 Days(still couldn't hear him)
Lateralus (ext. w/drums)(The place eurputed, dannys drumming part here was nuts)
Vicarious(maynard didn't do the "vicariously I" But he hasn't for most the tour so i was waiting and ready to fill in for him)

MY friends and I started out in hess at a place called celioh or something like that. Turns out their service sucks and in return I got my beers for free. Anyways onto the show.

We got there at about 7 oclock and waited in line for like 5 minutes. Grabed the spiral fire guy t-shirt, and a poster. Then we grabbed some beers and headed to our seats. Big business was kinda shitty. The drummer kicked ass but I could stand the singers screaming combined with his extremely loud bass that litterally shook the floor in section 121. we left for a smoke and then back in line for beer and gettin ready for tool.

Maynard came out in a bright orange pusicfer shirt, danny in a bryant lakers jersey, adam with pigtails and justin with his bushell.

I was 2 rows behind the penalty box on the left side right in front of adam with a great view of everyone but just was kinda far. Highlights were definately stinkfist, lateralus and vicarious. Dannys drumming on right in two and the lateralus part were both mind blowing.

My 3rd time in 2 years and my 5th time overall and this was a good show. The people in my section were awsome. We were blazing and drinking and enjoying everything. I thought it was a great show. Maynard was talkative and really seemed to be grooving. some quotes of his were "ahhh canada my favourite place to play" "we tried to do this in florida but it didn't work" then he did a thing that was like a coutnry yodel that ended with "get your friggen tool on" THen he had the crowd repeat it. I had so much fun and can't wait for the next show. DOn't listen to the people who didn't like it because this band is on and the live performance was amazing. COuldn't hear maynard on wings or rosetta but the rest was amazing. I really thought the treat would be aenima. My section was all yelling " hey hey hey hey" Glad i didn't have to sit beside all you douche bags who are complaining about a great show. If you don't like moshing or crowd surfing don't buy floors or stand at the back. I got great seats for the same price and didn't have to deal with anyone kicking me in the head. Tool rules great show.

I got some pics and vids im figuring out how to find the samsung software cause i lost my disc. For vids i have when they first came out, jambi, rosetta and tons of pics

Last edited by imbackagain2; 06-25-2007 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #29

Jambi-great opener
Stinkfist (ext.)(loud and spot on)
46&2(one of my favs with dannys great druming)
Schism (ext.)(good extended version)
Lost Keys(nice little break to discuss the awsomeness of the show with my buddys
Rosetta Stoned(maynards volcals were week here)
Intension
Right in Two(sounded great for me)
Wings(muffeled vocals)
10,000 Days(still couldn't hear him)
Lateralus (ext. w/drums)(The place eurputed, dannys drumming part here was nuts)
Vicarious(maynard didn't do the "vicariously I" But he hasn't for most the tour so i was waiting and ready to fill in for him)

MY friends and I started out in hess at a place called celioh or something like that. Turns out their service sucks and in return I got my beers for free. Anyways onto the show.

We got there at about 7 oclock and waited in line for like 5 minutes. Grabed the spiral fire guy t-shirt, and a poster. Then we grabbed some beers and headed to our seats. Big business was kinda shitty. The drummer kicked ass but I could stand the singers screaming combined with his extremely loud bass that litterally shook the floor in section 121. we left for a smoke and then back in line for beer and gettin ready for tool.

Maynard came out in a bright orange pusicfer shirt, danny in a bryant lakers jersey, adam with pigtails and justin with his bushell.

I was 2 rows behind the penalty box on the left side right in front of adam with a great view of everyone but just was kinda far. Highlights were definately stinkfist, lateralus and vicarious. Dannys drumming on right in two and the lateralus part were both mind blowing.

My 3rd time in 2 years and my 5th time overall and this was a good show. The people in my section were awsome. We were blazing and drinking and enjoying everything. I thought it was a great show. Maynard was talkative and really seemed to be grooving. some quotes of his were "ahhh canada my favourite place to play" "we tried to do this in florida but it didn't work" then he did a thing that was like a coutnry yodel that ended with "get your friggen tool on" THen he had the crowd repeat it. I had so much fun and can't wait for the next show. DOn't listen to the people who didn't like it because this band is on and the live performance was amazing. COuldn't hear maynard on wings or rosetta but the rest was amazing. I really thought the treat would be aenima. My section was all yelling " hey hey hey hey" Glad i didn't have to sit beside all you douche bags who are complaining about a great show. If you don't like moshing or crowd surfing don't buy floors or stand at the back. I got great seats for the same price and didn't have to deal with anyone kicking me in the head. Tool rules great show.

I got some pics and vids im figuring out how to find the samsung software cause i lost my disc. For vids i have when they first came out, jambi, rosetta and tons of pics

Last edited by imbackagain2; 06-25-2007 at 11:58 AM..
OFFLINE |  
06-25-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcity View Post

It's obvious youve never been to a tool show. What we got from maynard was alot more then others get. Maynard was rocking that riser and having a good time. I thought it was great and his entertainment value was amazing. I laughed my ass off at the special treat.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcity View Post

It's obvious youve never been to a tool show. What we got from maynard was alot more then others get. Maynard was rocking that riser and having a good time. I thought it was great and his entertainment value was amazing. I laughed my ass off at the special treat.
06-25-2007, 06:05 AM

here's the review from the Hamilton newspaper, just thought I'd share the link...

http://www.thespec.com/Entertainment/article/211466
Old 06-25-2007, 06:05 AM   #31
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

here's the review from the Hamilton newspaper, just thought I'd share the link...

OFFLINE |  
06-25-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNeSaW View Post

She says tool on album isn't that great. What the fuck is she smokin?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:10 AM   #32

Quote:

She says tool on album isn't that great. What the fuck is she smokin?
06-25-2007, 06:14 AM

That author was a fucking pussy and shouldn't have been there if it wasn't tops on his things to do...I think Hilary Duff is playing later next month, that may be more up his alley.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

That author was a fucking pussy and shouldn't have been there if it wasn't tops on his things to do...I think Hilary Duff is playing later next month, that may be more up his alley.
OFFLINE |  
lizbiz
06-25-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:

Who the hell lets someone review a concert that doesn't even like the band WTF?

That's like asking me to go review a Britney Spears concert... geeeeeeez.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #34

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

Who the hell lets someone review a concert that doesn't even like the band WTF?

That's like asking me to go review a Britney Spears concert... geeeeeeez.
OFFLINE |  
shab's Avatar shab
06-25-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:

what a complete dumbass. giving the usual "I've been there since Aenima" crap and not even knowing what the music represents. She's saying that they are generally considered to be prog rock, but if she's unable to see the progressive elements in this album and only pick out noise as a definition, she must be lying to herself completely by stating that she used to "listen" to tool. I'm sure just like others, she thought it was "cool" at the time and only "heard" it, and therefore to this date cannot look past the superficial definitions,.. noise, muffled guitars. wow great way to describe a fucking rock band, what a genius, noise and guitars. I thought Tool was about the 9 minute silence solos, I must have been wrong.
Even if I were to write a review of a Britney Spears concert, I'd try to be objective instead of giving a totally sensless acount of myself that is irrelevant and superficial. Bad move buddy, what a shitty review.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

what a complete dumbass. giving the usual "I've been there since Aenima" crap and not even knowing what the music represents. She's saying that they are generally considered to be prog rock, but if she's unable to see the progressive elements in this album and only pick out noise as a definition, she must be lying to herself completely by stating that she used to "listen" to tool. I'm sure just like others, she thought it was "cool" at the time and only "heard" it, and therefore to this date cannot look past the superficial definitions,.. noise, muffled guitars. wow great way to describe a fucking rock band, what a genius, noise and guitars. I thought Tool was about the 9 minute silence solos, I must have been wrong.
Even if I were to write a review of a Britney Spears concert, I'd try to be objective instead of giving a totally sensless acount of myself that is irrelevant and superficial. Bad move buddy, what a shitty review.
OFFLINE |  
Staticfactory's Avatar Staticfactory
06-25-2007, 07:15 AM

4th Tool show and emotions have never been more mixed.

Got there around 6:30... for some reason we thought the show started at 7. Reading your ticket helps! Needless to say the place was pretty much empty and we had lots of time to stroll around and shake our heads at the $45 T-shirts that feel as though they'd fall apart after 1 wash.

Big (Bic?) Business was pretty cool considering it was difficult to distinguish each of their songs from the others. Buddy on the drums was rippin' it up pretty good... and I guess the idea of a 2 man band (bass with heavy distortion and drums) is different than what I was expecting (Melt Banana).

Tool hits the stage, the crowd goes nuts. I was sitting in 112 row 20 (right on the aisle) and the energy was pretty fantastic for the most part. The production was a little muddy and Maynard was mixed a little low, but what do you expect from an arena show? The boys seemed to be playing with more intensity than they had at both the Hummingbird and Amphitheatre. I thought this show was better than both of the previous shows, but mainly because I'm a sucker for the arena vibe.

When Maynard mentioned that Hamilton was one of their favorite places to play, I thought for sure that we were going to get some special treatment. When he said "We have a treat for you", I thought we were in for something super special!! As it turns out, we got the shaft entirely (apart from that fantastic little yodel or whatever it was that people from Florida wouldn't get). Don't get me wrong... they played their set like only Tool can, but there was no "bonus" to being at this show. Nobody joined Danny for his drum solo during Lateralus -- I figured the dude from Big (Bic?) Business would have come out to add to the fray, but no dice. There was no Flood, Pushit, Pot, or anything that would even remotely trigger the sense that you were witness to something rare. Maynard didn't sing the "Vicariously I....." outro, which blows because his mic was mixed so low that holding it up to the audience wasn't going to accomplish anything. I think that not getting Aenima as the encore was what really twisted the emotions the most. I know they ALWAYS end with Aenima, but come on... why wouldn't you? Either that or start the bloody show with it! That'd get the mojo flowing!

Regardless, I was happy to be there and wasn't still for the entire show. I managed to work up a good sweat just givin'r in my seat area. The kicker for me was these older people sitting in the row behind us... buddy taps me on the shoulder and says "You can sit down any time now." I don't think I've ever given such a look of disbelief in my life. I just said "This is TOOL my friend... you don't SIT for TOOL!!" He then muttered something else like "We appreciate it" or something. I understand that I'm 6'3" and probably make it difficult to SIT in a seat and see around me, but come on people!! After our little conversation, I went up to get a 'bottle' of water and started to get a little pissed that weekend Tool fans, or chaperones for birthday parties, or whoever the hell they were could even attempt to take fun out of this show for me. So I went back to my row where my friends (block of 6) were SITTING and shouted "GET THE F$&#% OUT OF YOUR SEATS... THIS IS A TOOL CONCERT AND WE SPENT $80 TO ENJOY IT!!" while purposely angling myself so that the people in the row behind us could hear loud and clear. Needless to say, I didn't sit down for the rest of the show (save for a bit during Wings/10K out of respect for JMK). If anything, I was rockin' out even more... so stick that in your minivan and drive it to soccer!!

All-in-all it was a good show. The crowd seemed into it and was roaring pretty good at times. I didn't really see much in the way of flash photography taking place from where I was standing (not SITTING), so thank you to everyone that didn't take pictures. Everyone in the lobby area that I encountered were very courteous and polite (like only Canadians can be), so thank you to everyone that was there out of appreciation for the band and the music and not just there to get drunk and act like idiots.

I'm prayin for rain and prayin for tidal waves come July 9th... I REALLY hope we don't get the exact same set list again but I won't be surprised if we do. See you there!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 AM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

4th Tool show and emotions have never been more mixed.

Got there around 6:30... for some reason we thought the show started at 7. Reading your ticket helps! Needless to say the place was pretty much empty and we had lots of time to stroll around and shake our heads at the $45 T-shirts that feel as though they'd fall apart after 1 wash.

Big (Bic?) Business was pretty cool considering it was difficult to distinguish each of their songs from the others. Buddy on the drums was rippin' it up pretty good... and I guess the idea of a 2 man band (bass with heavy distortion and drums) is different than what I was expecting (Melt Banana).

Tool hits the stage, the crowd goes nuts. I was sitting in 112 row 20 (right on the aisle) and the energy was pretty fantastic for the most part. The production was a little muddy and Maynard was mixed a little low, but what do you expect from an arena show? The boys seemed to be playing with more intensity than they had at both the Hummingbird and Amphitheatre. I thought this show was better than both of the previous shows, but mainly because I'm a sucker for the arena vibe.

When Maynard mentioned that Hamilton was one of their favorite places to play, I thought for sure that we were going to get some special treatment. When he said "We have a treat for you", I thought we were in for something super special!! As it turns out, we got the shaft entirely (apart from that fantastic little yodel or whatever it was that people from Florida wouldn't get). Don't get me wrong... they played their set like only Tool can, but there was no "bonus" to being at this show. Nobody joined Danny for his drum solo during Lateralus -- I figured the dude from Big (Bic?) Business would have come out to add to the fray, but no dice. There was no Flood, Pushit, Pot, or anything that would even remotely trigger the sense that you were witness to something rare. Maynard didn't sing the "Vicariously I....." outro, which blows because his mic was mixed so low that holding it up to the audience wasn't going to accomplish anything. I think that not getting Aenima as the encore was what really twisted the emotions the most. I know they ALWAYS end with Aenima, but come on... why wouldn't you? Either that or start the bloody show with it! That'd get the mojo flowing!

Regardless, I was happy to be there and wasn't still for the entire show. I managed to work up a good sweat just givin'r in my seat area. The kicker for me was these older people sitting in the row behind us... buddy taps me on the shoulder and says "You can sit down any time now." I don't think I've ever given such a look of disbelief in my life. I just said "This is TOOL my friend... you don't SIT for TOOL!!" He then muttered something else like "We appreciate it" or something. I understand that I'm 6'3" and probably make it difficult to SIT in a seat and see around me, but come on people!! After our little conversation, I went up to get a 'bottle' of water and started to get a little pissed that weekend Tool fans, or chaperones for birthday parties, or whoever the hell they were could even attempt to take fun out of this show for me. So I went back to my row where my friends (block of 6) were SITTING and shouted "GET THE F$&#% OUT OF YOUR SEATS... THIS IS A TOOL CONCERT AND WE SPENT $80 TO ENJOY IT!!" while purposely angling myself so that the people in the row behind us could hear loud and clear. Needless to say, I didn't sit down for the rest of the show (save for a bit during Wings/10K out of respect for JMK). If anything, I was rockin' out even more... so stick that in your minivan and drive it to soccer!!

All-in-all it was a good show. The crowd seemed into it and was roaring pretty good at times. I didn't really see much in the way of flash photography taking place from where I was standing (not SITTING), so thank you to everyone that didn't take pictures. Everyone in the lobby area that I encountered were very courteous and polite (like only Canadians can be), so thank you to everyone that was there out of appreciation for the band and the music and not just there to get drunk and act like idiots.

I'm prayin for rain and prayin for tidal waves come July 9th... I REALLY hope we don't get the exact same set list again but I won't be surprised if we do. See you there!
06-25-2007, 07:42 AM

are all you canadians having PMS at the same exact time?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 AM   #37
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24

OFFLINE |  
shab's Avatar shab
06-25-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke View Post
such a funny guy! wow, what an intelligent analysis.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #38
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke View Post
such a funny guy! wow, what an intelligent analysis.
OFFLINE |  
Eighteenth Eye's Avatar Eighteenth Eye
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM

Based on what I have read I am so glad that I had floors for this show.

This is my 6th Tool show and my 7th will be on July 9th. Each show was great, some better than others but the LAST thing I have ever though about after the show is "I can't wait to get to my computer and come to this message board and bitch about anything that I can think of". After a Tool show I am left with an incredible high and it is not drug induced. I am now so fired up that I get to go again so soon!

I was thinking that if someone was 18 years old that they would have been 3 or 4 years old when Undertow came out and there were a great deal of them there last night. I have nothing against younger fans at all, but I'm afraid many that haven't grown up with Tool just don't undertand how great this band is and although I am not positive I would guess that many of the younger fans are the ones that are complaining.

There is not one artist out there that can synchronize their entire show to EXACTLY match a live video screen perfectly night after night. I cannot fault Tool for playing the same setlist night after night because it is a big deal to incorporate a new song into the rotation which includes the video and lasers. How can they find the time to incorporate all of this when they have basically played every night for a year and a half.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Based on what I have read I am so glad that I had floors for this show.

This is my 6th Tool show and my 7th will be on July 9th. Each show was great, some better than others but the LAST thing I have ever though about after the show is "I can't wait to get to my computer and come to this message board and bitch about anything that I can think of". After a Tool show I am left with an incredible high and it is not drug induced. I am now so fired up that I get to go again so soon!

I was thinking that if someone was 18 years old that they would have been 3 or 4 years old when Undertow came out and there were a great deal of them there last night. I have nothing against younger fans at all, but I'm afraid many that haven't grown up with Tool just don't undertand how great this band is and although I am not positive I would guess that many of the younger fans are the ones that are complaining.

There is not one artist out there that can synchronize their entire show to EXACTLY match a live video screen perfectly night after night. I cannot fault Tool for playing the same setlist night after night because it is a big deal to incorporate a new song into the rotation which includes the video and lasers. How can they find the time to incorporate all of this when they have basically played every night for a year and a half.
OFFLINE |  
aqua
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM

I was waiting for this show for 5 years. 1st and 2nd time saw them in Vienna in 2001 and 2002 and then they were amazing, it was trully a holly experience.
Last night i felt dissapointed. Guitar was too noisy, vocal was too silent, Adam looked bored, Maynard had his back turned to crowd...
(that's how it seemed during first 3 songs, then i moved to the back..).
I went home with the worst headache from the noise...

I love the bend and hope they just had a bad night. Hope the sound quality improves until 9th July and they do it less mechanicaly, with more heart. It doesn't matter if they do mistakes, miss lines, if they don't address the audience... but the vibe they release does matter.

Justin and Danny deserve praises.

Rosetta meant a lot.

Visuals were great.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

I was waiting for this show for 5 years. 1st and 2nd time saw them in Vienna in 2001 and 2002 and then they were amazing, it was trully a holly experience.
Last night i felt dissapointed. Guitar was too noisy, vocal was too silent, Adam looked bored, Maynard had his back turned to crowd...
(that's how it seemed during first 3 songs, then i moved to the back..).
I went home with the worst headache from the noise...

I love the bend and hope they just had a bad night. Hope the sound quality improves until 9th July and they do it less mechanicaly, with more heart. It doesn't matter if they do mistakes, miss lines, if they don't address the audience... but the vibe they release does matter.

Justin and Danny deserve praises.

Rosetta meant a lot.

Visuals were great.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply