Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-10-2007 at 05:24 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-10-2007 at 05:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
lucydog's Avatar lucydog
05-09-2007, 10:43 PM

setlist - the usual.

Overall, really good. This show seemed way more developed than the Denver show, both in the visuals, and the band. the sound seemed fuller, but that might be a venue related issue.(fuck coors amphitheater) either way, the band just seem more into it. Right In Two was really amazing, and maybe the best song ive ever seen live. they played for about 2 hours this go around, not bad.

lol @ justin holding his lighter up with everyone during the intermission.

i think i saw maynard doing "the bus driver"

Last edited by lucydog; 05-09-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Old 05-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
crashed my spaceship (tdn $upporter)
Suicide Booth ID: 10

Bincount™: 10062
Re: 2007/05/09 - Colorado Springs, CO - World Arena

setlist - the usual.

Overall, really good. This show seemed way more developed than the Denver show, both in the visuals, and the band. the sound seemed fuller, but that might be a venue related issue.(fuck coors amphitheater) either way, the band just seem more into it. Right In Two was really amazing, and maybe the best song ive ever seen live. they played for about 2 hours this go around, not bad.

lol @ justin holding his lighter up with everyone during the intermission.

i think i saw maynard doing "the bus driver"

Last edited by lucydog; 05-09-2007 at 10:55 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Watching and mentioning's Avatar Watching and mentioning
05-09-2007, 10:58 PM

It was the typical setlist, and when I saw it when people posted it, I felt a little dissappointed, but experiencing it changed that. The sound was pretty good, it seemed like whoever was incharge of keeping the band at comparable volume levels was slacking. There were times when I couldn't hear Maynard, and then 3 seconds later he was loud and clear or when Danny's drums seemed a little too prominent. There was a lot to enjoy at the show. Wings/10k was pheomenal. Danny was spot on as if the injury never occured. The progression of the visuals was great, and really hit it's peak when the, for lack of a better description, halo's of light started shooting laser beams, it was frickin awesome! I was hoping to hear Pushit, but got Right in Two and it did turn out spectacular. Like the other shows, Maynard didn't seem as talkative as in past shows, but he did seem to be dancing around and moving a lot more. The guys seem to have it down to a science and it plays out perfectly. The only downside to that, I feel, is that it seems like a cookie cutter show, and a tad bit less personal. Don't get me wrong, it was a great show and I'm not trying to bitch about it. If that were the case, I could complain about not hearing Disposition. The only other complaint was an issue unavoidable by the band, and that was annoying crowd members. I don't know if anyone else was around section 208/207 but there was a lady that felt the need to move to the isle and dance quite manically which ended up blocking the great view of the stage my girlfriend and I had. All in all, a wonderful show.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

It was the typical setlist, and when I saw it when people posted it, I felt a little dissappointed, but experiencing it changed that. The sound was pretty good, it seemed like whoever was incharge of keeping the band at comparable volume levels was slacking. There were times when I couldn't hear Maynard, and then 3 seconds later he was loud and clear or when Danny's drums seemed a little too prominent. There was a lot to enjoy at the show. Wings/10k was pheomenal. Danny was spot on as if the injury never occured. The progression of the visuals was great, and really hit it's peak when the, for lack of a better description, halo's of light started shooting laser beams, it was frickin awesome! I was hoping to hear Pushit, but got Right in Two and it did turn out spectacular. Like the other shows, Maynard didn't seem as talkative as in past shows, but he did seem to be dancing around and moving a lot more. The guys seem to have it down to a science and it plays out perfectly. The only downside to that, I feel, is that it seems like a cookie cutter show, and a tad bit less personal. Don't get me wrong, it was a great show and I'm not trying to bitch about it. If that were the case, I could complain about not hearing Disposition. The only other complaint was an issue unavoidable by the band, and that was annoying crowd members. I don't know if anyone else was around section 208/207 but there was a lady that felt the need to move to the isle and dance quite manically which ended up blocking the great view of the stage my girlfriend and I had. All in all, a wonderful show.
OFFLINE |  
wewantourthumbs
05-09-2007, 11:08 PM

setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

same as 5/8 setlist. looking at the 'pattern' that had been established, i was really hoping for 'pushit'. got 'right in two', which still rocks. had seen them in englewood in august, so that was still new [to me]. as was 'wings for marie/10,000 days'.

my first show at the world arena. had i known that some of the reserved seating was still so close, i would have passed on floor/general admission. there were a bunch of uber-violent f*&*ers in front and to my right. my brother says a guy right behind me was taping the show. if his equipment survived.

so, um. i know i'm getting older. but is it so wrong to just wanna take in the music without wailing on people's heads? i'll admit i'm a newbie to being on the floor for a show of tool's intensity, but i had to stop myself from laughing several times. the juxtaposition of maynard singing 'right in two' about fighting and monkeys, while a couple of skinhead looking motherf*&^ers are bouncing around and knocking people over....too much.

and how the hell do you mosh thru ALL of 'wings for marie/10,000 days'?! the song starts, and a guy to my left turns to his girlfriend and says 'such a beautiful song', and they hold eachother...meanwhile the shirtless nazis to my right were laying into people and sending young ladies flying.

i wonder if they actually skipped 'pushit' for today because of all the violence in the crowd.

i'm usually into bands for dynamic vocalists. i don't play an instrument, so i can never truly appreciate all that goes into the music. not like i can sing either. but i was amazed to find myself focusing on danny, adam, and justin. maynard is just really an afterthought at this point. he shows flashes of intensity, but not as consistently as the band rocking out. i'm glad they are adding things like the 'schism' speed up and the 'lateralus' solo to shake things up a bit.

the few things maynard said, that i remember: i think right before they played jambi, something to the effect of 'somebody's smoking pot'. then right before aenema 'well, i guess that about sums it up...' he said something right after that, but i missed it.

i wonder if it pisses them off as artists that people seem to want to be awash in beer and pot before they feel they can 'experience' a tool show. like if you spent all day preparing a meal for someone, and they sat down and just doused it in salt and pepper without even trying it first.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

setlist:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

same as 5/8 setlist. looking at the 'pattern' that had been established, i was really hoping for 'pushit'. got 'right in two', which still rocks. had seen them in englewood in august, so that was still new [to me]. as was 'wings for marie/10,000 days'.

my first show at the world arena. had i known that some of the reserved seating was still so close, i would have passed on floor/general admission. there were a bunch of uber-violent f*&*ers in front and to my right. my brother says a guy right behind me was taping the show. if his equipment survived.

so, um. i know i'm getting older. but is it so wrong to just wanna take in the music without wailing on people's heads? i'll admit i'm a newbie to being on the floor for a show of tool's intensity, but i had to stop myself from laughing several times. the juxtaposition of maynard singing 'right in two' about fighting and monkeys, while a couple of skinhead looking motherf*&^ers are bouncing around and knocking people over....too much.

and how the hell do you mosh thru ALL of 'wings for marie/10,000 days'?! the song starts, and a guy to my left turns to his girlfriend and says 'such a beautiful song', and they hold eachother...meanwhile the shirtless nazis to my right were laying into people and sending young ladies flying.

i wonder if they actually skipped 'pushit' for today because of all the violence in the crowd.

i'm usually into bands for dynamic vocalists. i don't play an instrument, so i can never truly appreciate all that goes into the music. not like i can sing either. but i was amazed to find myself focusing on danny, adam, and justin. maynard is just really an afterthought at this point. he shows flashes of intensity, but not as consistently as the band rocking out. i'm glad they are adding things like the 'schism' speed up and the 'lateralus' solo to shake things up a bit.

the few things maynard said, that i remember: i think right before they played jambi, something to the effect of 'somebody's smoking pot'. then right before aenema 'well, i guess that about sums it up...' he said something right after that, but i missed it.

i wonder if it pisses them off as artists that people seem to want to be awash in beer and pot before they feel they can 'experience' a tool show. like if you spent all day preparing a meal for someone, and they sat down and just doused it in salt and pepper without even trying it first.
OFFLINE |  
goatpiper
05-09-2007, 11:56 PM

This was the first time I've seen Tool since 1993 - have been listening to their music all this time, just haven't made it out to a show in years.

Wow. The marriage of Alex Grey's art with Tool's music is perfection. Me tripping my face off was pretty cool too.

I had a fantastic time - was really wild when, right before Vicarious, some guy just passed out in front of me and did a full-on faceplant into the concrete (I was just to the right of the soundboard). Left a bunch of blood on the floor and everything. Paramedics too. Then as me and my buddies are trying to give the their space, some guy crashes into me flailing around like the whole fuckin' floor is one big pit. Crazy when you get all us silly humans together. Made Vicarious shine a bit brighter - pretty effin' crazy.

I give it a Borat "Great Success!" overall.

Spiral Out.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

This was the first time I've seen Tool since 1993 - have been listening to their music all this time, just haven't made it out to a show in years.

Wow. The marriage of Alex Grey's art with Tool's music is perfection. Me tripping my face off was pretty cool too.

I had a fantastic time - was really wild when, right before Vicarious, some guy just passed out in front of me and did a full-on faceplant into the concrete (I was just to the right of the soundboard). Left a bunch of blood on the floor and everything. Paramedics too. Then as me and my buddies are trying to give the their space, some guy crashes into me flailing around like the whole fuckin' floor is one big pit. Crazy when you get all us silly humans together. Made Vicarious shine a bit brighter - pretty effin' crazy.

I give it a Borat "Great Success!" overall.

Spiral Out.
OFFLINE |  
anarcho-commie's Avatar anarcho-commie
05-10-2007, 12:03 AM

Fucking amazing show. Blew the Englewood show, the Temple Buell show and NIN (who I up until now thought had the best effects) right out of the fucking water. I'll post more tommorow, when it's not to am and my eyes aren't shutting on me.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 AM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63

Fucking amazing show. Blew the Englewood show, the Temple Buell show and NIN (who I up until now thought had the best effects) right out of the fucking water. I'll post more tommorow, when it's not to am and my eyes aren't shutting on me.
05-10-2007, 12:49 AM

Respect....awesome show, the band delivered tonight. I have to agree, this show was a little more special than Coors Ampitheater. The new visuals are captivating....I got lost in it all, big thumbs up.

The whole band was on. Justin is awesome, he was pumped and Maynard was enjoying himself. Adam played very well, and Danny was an animal as always. The psychadelic intros were sweet, really setting the tone for what's to come.....Wings and Right In Two were amazing ...everything else was rockin' aswell.

Everyone was cool tonight, the audience rocked out and showed a lot of respect which the band picked up on and appreciated. I believe Maynard said "feeling the love up here too, thank you".

Big thank you to someone around here for hooking me up with a ticket, you know who you are ...much appreciated.

Peace

Last edited by base metal; 05-10-2007 at 12:53 AM..
Old 05-10-2007, 12:49 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

Respect....awesome show, the band delivered tonight. I have to agree, this show was a little more special than Coors Ampitheater. The new visuals are captivating....I got lost in it all, big thumbs up.

The whole band was on. Justin is awesome, he was pumped and Maynard was enjoying himself. Adam played very well, and Danny was an animal as always. The psychadelic intros were sweet, really setting the tone for what's to come.....Wings and Right In Two were amazing ...everything else was rockin' aswell.

Everyone was cool tonight, the audience rocked out and showed a lot of respect which the band picked up on and appreciated. I believe Maynard said "feeling the love up here too, thank you".

Big thank you to someone around here for hooking me up with a ticket, you know who you are ...much appreciated.

Peace

Last edited by base metal; 05-10-2007 at 12:53 AM..
OFFLINE |  
BlairLicksTaint's Avatar BlairLicksTaint
05-10-2007, 05:00 AM

That was a great show. last time I saw them was in Phoenix, and Maynard was sick, so this show was a huge improvement from that. In the middle of one of the songs maynard said "Fuck yeah" I was feeling the same way.

So I had to sit in a handicapped section due to my newly broken leg. I was the guy with the crutches if you saw me. I was to the side/front corner of the stage, on Adam's side. the guitar was WAY too loud. maybe it sounded better by the sound booth, but from here the sound was close to mush merely because of the volume level.

Danny's solo in lateralus was amazing. I took a video of it on my phone, but then it died so I don't know how it turned out yet. I saw the guy that had passed out when we were leaving (we left right after vicarious so I didn't have to deal with a crowd while on crutches), they were pumping an IV in to him. Literally, the med was squeezing the bag to get the fluids into him. then they wheeled him into an ambulance. He looked a little out of it but otherwise fine.

GREAT show compared to phoenix and coachella. My leg hurts as bad as it did when I broke it now because of all the walking last night, but I think it was worth it.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:00 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Bincount™: 69

That was a great show. last time I saw them was in Phoenix, and Maynard was sick, so this show was a huge improvement from that. In the middle of one of the songs maynard said "Fuck yeah" I was feeling the same way.

So I had to sit in a handicapped section due to my newly broken leg. I was the guy with the crutches if you saw me. I was to the side/front corner of the stage, on Adam's side. the guitar was WAY too loud. maybe it sounded better by the sound booth, but from here the sound was close to mush merely because of the volume level.

Danny's solo in lateralus was amazing. I took a video of it on my phone, but then it died so I don't know how it turned out yet. I saw the guy that had passed out when we were leaving (we left right after vicarious so I didn't have to deal with a crowd while on crutches), they were pumping an IV in to him. Literally, the med was squeezing the bag to get the fluids into him. then they wheeled him into an ambulance. He looked a little out of it but otherwise fine.

GREAT show compared to phoenix and coachella. My leg hurts as bad as it did when I broke it now because of all the walking last night, but I think it was worth it.
05-10-2007, 05:08 AM

Setlist blah. Glad to finally see Right in Two and Wings/10,000 Days . . . of which 10,000 Days was way better. I actually prefer Right in Two on the album, but in concert it really just seemed like a leftover idea from Lateralus. One could say that about Vicarious, but I think Vicarious is much better live.

Anyway, the show was tight. This is my eight or ninth show and at this point, I'm not quite into the visuals as much as I use to be. However, the second half of the show was much better visually as they really stepped up the lasers. I was very impressed with some of the things they did with the lasers during Lateralus and the light show for Wings/10,000 Days was probably my favorite all night. Of course, I hadn't seen it before, so . . .

I'm a bit bored with the setlist and would have much preferred to get Pushit, but it's all up to the band. I'm just happy I got to see them in my "home" town. Much, MUCH better show than Coor's Ampitheatre (where, umm, only half the visuals were there and the sound sucked and the crowd sucked and . . . ), but I think for the 10,000 Days tour, the Buell takes the cake for me. It may simply be that I hadn't seen Tool in years or that the venue was so small and packed with so much energy, but overall this show was somewhere in the middle of the pack of all the shows I've seen.

Still, that tops about 90% of every other show I've ever been to.

Looking forward to the next album and the next tour. Let's just hope the setlist gets a little revamping. You know, if Tool is feeling their older stuff or not.

Oh, and I thought Jambi worked as an opener. Stinkfist, of course, got everyone more into it, but I like Jambi as an opener. I'd kill to get The Grudge again, or Cold & Ugly . . . with Commando. That was cool way back in 2002 or 03. Ah, memories.

Last edited by garion333; 05-10-2007 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: . . .
Old 05-10-2007, 05:08 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Setlist blah. Glad to finally see Right in Two and Wings/10,000 Days . . . of which 10,000 Days was way better. I actually prefer Right in Two on the album, but in concert it really just seemed like a leftover idea from Lateralus. One could say that about Vicarious, but I think Vicarious is much better live.

Anyway, the show was tight. This is my eight or ninth show and at this point, I'm not quite into the visuals as much as I use to be. However, the second half of the show was much better visually as they really stepped up the lasers. I was very impressed with some of the things they did with the lasers during Lateralus and the light show for Wings/10,000 Days was probably my favorite all night. Of course, I hadn't seen it before, so . . .

I'm a bit bored with the setlist and would have much preferred to get Pushit, but it's all up to the band. I'm just happy I got to see them in my "home" town. Much, MUCH better show than Coor's Ampitheatre (where, umm, only half the visuals were there and the sound sucked and the crowd sucked and . . . ), but I think for the 10,000 Days tour, the Buell takes the cake for me. It may simply be that I hadn't seen Tool in years or that the venue was so small and packed with so much energy, but overall this show was somewhere in the middle of the pack of all the shows I've seen.

Still, that tops about 90% of every other show I've ever been to.

Looking forward to the next album and the next tour. Let's just hope the setlist gets a little revamping. You know, if Tool is feeling their older stuff or not.

Oh, and I thought Jambi worked as an opener. Stinkfist, of course, got everyone more into it, but I like Jambi as an opener. I'd kill to get The Grudge again, or Cold & Ugly . . . with Commando. That was cool way back in 2002 or 03. Ah, memories.

Last edited by garion333; 05-10-2007 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: . . .
OFFLINE |  
greenie67's Avatar greenie67
05-10-2007, 06:20 AM

Pretty damn good show, mainly because I finally got to see Wings/10000 days and Right in Two. This was much better than the Coors Ampitheater show, which blew donkey nuts. Anyway it seems that Danny never injured his arm, he was tearin' it up throughout the show. I thought the combo of Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two and then Wings/10000 Days was awsome. LOL at all the beered up moshing fools, and why do people spend $60 a ticket or possibly more just to keep going to the beer stand DURING the show. I just don't understand. Anyway good show, did not sound too bad where we were at, Sec. 209.
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Pretty damn good show, mainly because I finally got to see Wings/10000 days and Right in Two. This was much better than the Coors Ampitheater show, which blew donkey nuts. Anyway it seems that Danny never injured his arm, he was tearin' it up throughout the show. I thought the combo of Rosetta Stoned, Right in Two and then Wings/10000 Days was awsome. LOL at all the beered up moshing fools, and why do people spend $60 a ticket or possibly more just to keep going to the beer stand DURING the show. I just don't understand. Anyway good show, did not sound too bad where we were at, Sec. 209.
"All you have to do is to tell them (the people) they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering
OFFLINE |  
Wolf-R1
05-10-2007, 06:27 AM

I don't really have any more to add to what's been written other than that I thought it was a damn good show. Next time I'll spring for general admission tix. This time I didn't buy the tickets, a friend of mine did. We still had great seats near the back, front rows.
I will agree that this was much better than the Fiddler's Green show but then again all bands that play there must subdue their sound and show so much...I don't understand how and why they keep playing at that crap house.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:27 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

I don't really have any more to add to what's been written other than that I thought it was a damn good show. Next time I'll spring for general admission tix. This time I didn't buy the tickets, a friend of mine did. We still had great seats near the back, front rows.
I will agree that this was much better than the Fiddler's Green show but then again all bands that play there must subdue their sound and show so much...I don't understand how and why they keep playing at that crap house.
OFFLINE |  
lucydog's Avatar lucydog
05-10-2007, 07:03 AM

One thing I really dont understand is why all the couples who grind/freak/hump each other (whatever you want to call it) end up doing their thing right next to my girlfriend and I. Furthermore, why would they be doing it at a Tool show?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #12
crashed my spaceship (tdn $upporter)
Suicide Booth ID: 10

Bincount™: 10062

One thing I really dont understand is why all the couples who grind/freak/hump each other (whatever you want to call it) end up doing their thing right next to my girlfriend and I. Furthermore, why would they be doing it at a Tool show?
05-10-2007, 07:37 AM

Funny thing I heard on the local station after the concert, there was a couple that won tickets to the show and the radio guy asked them what was their favorite part of the show, and the guy said the last song. Why do morons always win the tix and passes but don't know the band or songs.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Funny thing I heard on the local station after the concert, there was a couple that won tickets to the show and the radio guy asked them what was their favorite part of the show, and the guy said the last song. Why do morons always win the tix and passes but don't know the band or songs.
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
05-10-2007, 08:31 AM

Great show, though the acoustics in world arena really made the band sound echoey, other than that it was a very very tight show. Did anyone else see the guy fall flat on his face in GA? I hope he's all right, because he hit the concrete loud enough to be heard over the band from about twenty feet away, and was bleeding pretty good when they carried him out. What did Maynards jacket say when he first walked on stage? we stood at the back of GA, so i couldn't be sure.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #14
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Great show, though the acoustics in world arena really made the band sound echoey, other than that it was a very very tight show. Did anyone else see the guy fall flat on his face in GA? I hope he's all right, because he hit the concrete loud enough to be heard over the band from about twenty feet away, and was bleeding pretty good when they carried him out. What did Maynards jacket say when he first walked on stage? we stood at the back of GA, so i couldn't be sure.
CKonBASS's Avatar CKonBASS
05-10-2007, 08:34 AM

As others have said the guys put on a great show. Justin and Danny were dead on. Danny's drum sound was awesome as always. He seems to have recovered from his injury, you wouldn't know that he was hurt from the way he played last night. Justin never stops amazing me with the sounds he gets out of his rig. He played wings and 10k days sitting down and that was a bit of a surprise to me, understandable but still a surprise. Adam did great on the keys as well as on guitar all night. I wonder what he has been listening to, he has started picking up a really heavy edge in his playing. Maynard did a great job but disappointed me at the end of vicarious when he turned the mic to the crowd instead of singing it. The altitude here makes it tough on anyone that has not been here for a few days/weeks but I really wanted to hear him sing it. He played a lot of keys through out the night and that added a lot to the music.

If the "pit" bugs you get off the floor or move back. I don't like the "pit" at all and opt for reserved seats or hang in the back away from the idiots. I was in section 109 and had a great view of the stage and a great mix (same depth in the crowd as the FOH engineer). Watching a huge "pit" break out during wings and 10k days seemed senseless to me.

The production crew was on with the lighting and visuals through out the show. The lasers were really cool this time. It was good to see them used creatively with the music and the red, blue and yellow lasers were awesome. It wasn't the plain green ones that seem to be all over the place. The stage hands in their doctors jackets and scrub booties were pretty cool. I really dig the all white stage and the lighting effects they used on it.

-=edit=-
Did anyone enjoy Kinski? I had to walk out to the hallway while they were on.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

As others have said the guys put on a great show. Justin and Danny were dead on. Danny's drum sound was awesome as always. He seems to have recovered from his injury, you wouldn't know that he was hurt from the way he played last night. Justin never stops amazing me with the sounds he gets out of his rig. He played wings and 10k days sitting down and that was a bit of a surprise to me, understandable but still a surprise. Adam did great on the keys as well as on guitar all night. I wonder what he has been listening to, he has started picking up a really heavy edge in his playing. Maynard did a great job but disappointed me at the end of vicarious when he turned the mic to the crowd instead of singing it. The altitude here makes it tough on anyone that has not been here for a few days/weeks but I really wanted to hear him sing it. He played a lot of keys through out the night and that added a lot to the music.

If the "pit" bugs you get off the floor or move back. I don't like the "pit" at all and opt for reserved seats or hang in the back away from the idiots. I was in section 109 and had a great view of the stage and a great mix (same depth in the crowd as the FOH engineer). Watching a huge "pit" break out during wings and 10k days seemed senseless to me.

The production crew was on with the lighting and visuals through out the show. The lasers were really cool this time. It was good to see them used creatively with the music and the red, blue and yellow lasers were awesome. It wasn't the plain green ones that seem to be all over the place. The stage hands in their doctors jackets and scrub booties were pretty cool. I really dig the all white stage and the lighting effects they used on it.

-=edit=-
OFFLINE |  
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
05-10-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKonBASS View Post

-=edit=-
Same here, the bass seemed like it was up way too high while they were on
Old 05-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #16
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKonBASS View Post

-=edit=-
Same here, the bass seemed like it was up way too high while they were on
MunsterRugby07's Avatar MunsterRugby07
05-10-2007, 08:38 AM

Last night was amazing, and everyone is right, it blew last year's Denver show out of the water. I spent a good part of that show making sure the knob in front of me that kept passing out on me and my wife was still breathing. Maybe im getting older but if you have to be high or hammered to enjoy it than you really don't enjoy it. Make no mistake, im buzzed with the best of them, but it's all about moderation. It feels like these folks go to basically any show just for the opportunity to get high and act stupid...oh well...

And what is with all the dudes with the pants hanging off their asses and their caps on sideways? Perhaps they thought 50 cent was gonna open? Kinda humorous watching them bounce around to aenema....check out the words fellas....

Aside from those typical social annoyances, it was amazing. Best show I've ever seen. I too though that pushit was coming cause of the way the last few setlists had gone but Right in Two was very good live.

Rosetta stoned WITH lost keys is very cool. I thought they did a great job of prepping each song. It seemed like most of them had an ambient beginning and added lights. Basically everything Denver didn't have.

Oh, and seriously with the guy that couldn't stop grabbing his girlfriends ass in front of me......get a room....far far away....
Old 05-10-2007, 08:38 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

Last night was amazing, and everyone is right, it blew last year's Denver show out of the water. I spent a good part of that show making sure the knob in front of me that kept passing out on me and my wife was still breathing. Maybe im getting older but if you have to be high or hammered to enjoy it than you really don't enjoy it. Make no mistake, im buzzed with the best of them, but it's all about moderation. It feels like these folks go to basically any show just for the opportunity to get high and act stupid...oh well...

And what is with all the dudes with the pants hanging off their asses and their caps on sideways? Perhaps they thought 50 cent was gonna open? Kinda humorous watching them bounce around to aenema....check out the words fellas....

Aside from those typical social annoyances, it was amazing. Best show I've ever seen. I too though that pushit was coming cause of the way the last few setlists had gone but Right in Two was very good live.

Rosetta stoned WITH lost keys is very cool. I thought they did a great job of prepping each song. It seemed like most of them had an ambient beginning and added lights. Basically everything Denver didn't have.

Oh, and seriously with the guy that couldn't stop grabbing his girlfriends ass in front of me......get a room....far far away....
05-10-2007, 08:47 AM

Section 115, row B, seat 3. Towards the back; not a bad view since it was a fairly small venue. Drove down from Denver for this.

I didn't hear the Maynardisms; he only talked like once after...Lateralus was it? And then after Vicarious was "And that's pretty much it."

"...but we do usually play this one song." Cue Aenema.

Riding the mic stand was quite funny as well.

Band seemed more into it than I've heard they have at their other shows, with this being my first Tool show I can't make any comparisons.

Some guy passed out right in front of us in the first row. We laughed. Honestly, I don't see the point in getting that trashed; I'd rather remember the show.

Overall couldn't have asked for anything better. The visuals were insane, especially during Wings/10k Days (highlight of the show IMHO), and then in Lateralus right afterwards. Eulogy or The Grudge would have been nice I guess but hey, give them a break. They've been touring for almost a straight year.

Although I was quite surprised at the lack of Sober, didn't really care as it's probably my least favorite song.

Edit: By the way, did the opening band's vocalist just not show up or are they just entirely instrumental? It was awfully boring without any vocals, even though they were obviously very talented ( e.g. the cheers during the guitarist's little weird Morello-esque solo act).

Last edited by Baa; 05-10-2007 at 09:00 AM..
Old 05-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #18
Baa
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Section 115, row B, seat 3. Towards the back; not a bad view since it was a fairly small venue. Drove down from Denver for this.

I didn't hear the Maynardisms; he only talked like once after...Lateralus was it? And then after Vicarious was "And that's pretty much it."

"...but we do usually play this one song." Cue Aenema.

Riding the mic stand was quite funny as well.

Band seemed more into it than I've heard they have at their other shows, with this being my first Tool show I can't make any comparisons.

Some guy passed out right in front of us in the first row. We laughed. Honestly, I don't see the point in getting that trashed; I'd rather remember the show.

Overall couldn't have asked for anything better. The visuals were insane, especially during Wings/10k Days (highlight of the show IMHO), and then in Lateralus right afterwards. Eulogy or The Grudge would have been nice I guess but hey, give them a break. They've been touring for almost a straight year.

Although I was quite surprised at the lack of Sober, didn't really care as it's probably my least favorite song.

Edit: By the way, did the opening band's vocalist just not show up or are they just entirely instrumental? It was awfully boring without any vocals, even though they were obviously very talented ( e.g. the cheers during the guitarist's little weird Morello-esque solo act).

Last edited by Baa; 05-10-2007 at 09:00 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Dedicated_TOOLfan's Avatar Dedicated_TOOLfan
05-10-2007, 09:00 AM

I would say that would have to have been the best Tool show I went to. Everyone in my section (109) slowed down during Rosetta Stoned but then during Lateralus that is when everyone started jamming again. Although, I would have to say most of the energy came during AEnema.

All around it was a badass fucking show just kinda disappointed it's over already.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I would say that would have to have been the best Tool show I went to. Everyone in my section (109) slowed down during Rosetta Stoned but then during Lateralus that is when everyone started jamming again. Although, I would have to say most of the energy came during AEnema.

All around it was a badass fucking show just kinda disappointed it's over already.
05-10-2007, 10:16 AM

This was my 8th show and it was outstanding as always. I was in GA and near the front and have to say, along with what else that has been said on this board, that why go to a Tool show to mosh? You spend $65 for a ticket and you don't even pay attention to the band. That is one of the most appealing things about seeing Tool live is that you just get so wrapped up in the performance that you are oblivious to everything else. I don't like Jambi as an opener. Good song, but doesn't do much to get the show off on the right foot. I also think 46 &2 should be retired for a while. I still love the song, but I have heard it at 7 of the 8 shows that I have seen. I would prefer an opening 4 songs of The Grudge/Stinkfist/Swamp Song (or any other Undertow song not named Sober)/Jambi. This was my first time seeing Right in Two as well as Wings/10,000 Days and they were the highlights for me. Was hoping to get Pushit but after seeing Right In Two I can't complain. Danny was in top form, as was Justin. Didn't pay too much attention to Adam, he looked bored to me. I miss Maynard flailing his body around like he used to, but that is a minor gripe. They are still far better than any band that I go see live and I hope to catch them on another show for this leg. Thank you guys for another great show.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:16 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 8th show and it was outstanding as always. I was in GA and near the front and have to say, along with what else that has been said on this board, that why go to a Tool show to mosh? You spend $65 for a ticket and you don't even pay attention to the band. That is one of the most appealing things about seeing Tool live is that you just get so wrapped up in the performance that you are oblivious to everything else. I don't like Jambi as an opener. Good song, but doesn't do much to get the show off on the right foot. I also think 46 &2 should be retired for a while. I still love the song, but I have heard it at 7 of the 8 shows that I have seen. I would prefer an opening 4 songs of The Grudge/Stinkfist/Swamp Song (or any other Undertow song not named Sober)/Jambi. This was my first time seeing Right in Two as well as Wings/10,000 Days and they were the highlights for me. Was hoping to get Pushit but after seeing Right In Two I can't complain. Danny was in top form, as was Justin. Didn't pay too much attention to Adam, he looked bored to me. I miss Maynard flailing his body around like he used to, but that is a minor gripe. They are still far better than any band that I go see live and I hope to catch them on another show for this leg. Thank you guys for another great show.
OFFLINE |  
Emericana's Avatar Emericana
05-10-2007, 10:41 AM

great show... dont wanna repeat everyone here but right in two was amazing... first time i saw that... wings/10k days was ABSURD... first time i saw that live too...

other than that i was suprised they did an extended version of lateralus with a danny carry drum solo which was pretty sweet
Old 05-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

great show... dont wanna repeat everyone here but right in two was amazing... first time i saw that... wings/10k days was ABSURD... first time i saw that live too...

other than that i was suprised they did an extended version of lateralus with a danny carry drum solo which was pretty sweet
OFFLINE |  
rattoon
05-10-2007, 11:49 AM

So I was able to get four seats side by side in the sixth row, side stage. Amazing seats, even better ones than I had for Temple Buell. I've heard that that area is always the loudest section of an arena, and that really proved true after the first notes of Jambi. I can't hear a thing right now. That was definitely the loudest show I have ever been to.

In fact, it was too loud. Deafening. Maynard was drowned out, the guitar was way too loud, and the drums were too faint. The band took their sit-down intermission after rosetta, and I was worried that we were going to be robbed of a couple songs. But no, thankfully, they played the entire set.

This is my fourth time seeing them, and the setlist was probably the weakest of the four. Why couldn't they have thrown pushit or 4 degrees in instead of Right in two? I agree with the above poster who called it a leftover from lateralus. Bunching those two with wings/10000 days was too droning and with lack of a more descriptive word, "boring". Almost everyone in my section was sitting down during that part of the setlist. Sitting down at a Tool concert?

46 and 2 was amazing, Vicarious was awesome, lateralus was incredible (Danny is inhuman). The visuals were cool, although I spent most of my time watching the band members' faces. It was really evident that they are getting older now, and that concerts for them are more a matter of going through the motions than anything else. It was disappointing to have such good seats with such horrible sound. Overall though, a good experience, although I would not be surprised if this is their last tour.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

So I was able to get four seats side by side in the sixth row, side stage. Amazing seats, even better ones than I had for Temple Buell. I've heard that that area is always the loudest section of an arena, and that really proved true after the first notes of Jambi. I can't hear a thing right now. That was definitely the loudest show I have ever been to.

In fact, it was too loud. Deafening. Maynard was drowned out, the guitar was way too loud, and the drums were too faint. The band took their sit-down intermission after rosetta, and I was worried that we were going to be robbed of a couple songs. But no, thankfully, they played the entire set.

This is my fourth time seeing them, and the setlist was probably the weakest of the four. Why couldn't they have thrown pushit or 4 degrees in instead of Right in two? I agree with the above poster who called it a leftover from lateralus. Bunching those two with wings/10000 days was too droning and with lack of a more descriptive word, "boring". Almost everyone in my section was sitting down during that part of the setlist. Sitting down at a Tool concert?

46 and 2 was amazing, Vicarious was awesome, lateralus was incredible (Danny is inhuman). The visuals were cool, although I spent most of my time watching the band members' faces. It was really evident that they are getting older now, and that concerts for them are more a matter of going through the motions than anything else. It was disappointing to have such good seats with such horrible sound. Overall though, a good experience, although I would not be surprised if this is their last tour.
OFFLINE |  
DrummerAndrew's Avatar DrummerAndrew
05-10-2007, 12:53 PM

Great show... beat Denver for sure. Do they have to keep closing with Aenima though? The setlist was to be expected. The intermission part where Danny was icing his arm and the synth tones were rockin out... excellent. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this show, they seemed very happy to be there. You could see them joking around a little bit, and Maynard seemed almost normal.

I thought Kinski had terrible sound, but like they could be good on recordings. There was definitely too much bass. Not unimpressive though.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

Great show... beat Denver for sure. Do they have to keep closing with Aenima though? The setlist was to be expected. The intermission part where Danny was icing his arm and the synth tones were rockin out... excellent. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this show, they seemed very happy to be there. You could see them joking around a little bit, and Maynard seemed almost normal.

I thought Kinski had terrible sound, but like they could be good on recordings. There was definitely too much bass. Not unimpressive though.
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM

After a few minutes I was able to adjust to the sound. Yeah, it was insane loud, sacrificing sound quality at times, but that's really just nit-picking. I think it was mainly the venue, though it was just the right size for everyone to get a peek. Plus, I thought they executed damn near flawlessly...no real complaints here (setlist or otherwise).

I didn't see any stupid people around me, guess I was lucky there. Worst thing I saw was some puke in the mens room.

Last edited by base metal; 05-10-2007 at 01:26 PM..
Old 05-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #24
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

After a few minutes I was able to adjust to the sound. Yeah, it was insane loud, sacrificing sound quality at times, but that's really just nit-picking. I think it was mainly the venue, though it was just the right size for everyone to get a peek. Plus, I thought they executed damn near flawlessly...no real complaints here (setlist or otherwise).

I didn't see any stupid people around me, guess I was lucky there. Worst thing I saw was some puke in the mens room.

Last edited by base metal; 05-10-2007 at 01:26 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Toollygirl
05-10-2007, 04:32 PM

Nothing new to add here, everyone seemed to get it on target. I was surprised they didn't play the pot but that might have been to much for maynard cuz i noticed too he turned the microphone to the crowd for vicarious. Overall though, out of the 4 shows I have been too including the other world arena show, this was my best one. The people on the floor aren't able to see how the stage floor is also used for the visual show which is pretty awesome. I certainly hope we don't have to wait forever for another show. Maybe we'll get lucky and score another Red Rocks show?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:32 PM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Nothing new to add here, everyone seemed to get it on target. I was surprised they didn't play the pot but that might have been to much for maynard cuz i noticed too he turned the microphone to the crowd for vicarious. Overall though, out of the 4 shows I have been too including the other world arena show, this was my best one. The people on the floor aren't able to see how the stage floor is also used for the visual show which is pretty awesome. I certainly hope we don't have to wait forever for another show. Maybe we'll get lucky and score another Red Rocks show?
OFFLINE |  
jimmys3rdEye's Avatar jimmys3rdEye
05-10-2007, 04:47 PM

Good show last night. My 5th (I hope not my last.) Section 111, right on the corner in the front. Second row seats. Not too shabby. I did have a floor ticket, but was not feeling that great and didn't want to be pummeled into the ground, probably fainting, and missing Tool. No thanks.

Anyway, I thought the sound was okay. Not really the crispest, kind of piercing at times. Visuals were awesome. The guys sounded great and did really seem to enjoy themselves. I had tears in my eyes during 10,000 Days. Really moving, and I'm happy to have heard it at least once live.

Only complaints are: the guy rocking out next to me. Okay, rocking out is perfectly fine and great, but shoving into me when I have a seat? And this guy had access to the floor. Ass. And then half of my section sat down. I felt like my friend and I were the only ones standing during most of the show. How can you sit at Tool? That's just my opinion. I know someone will argue with me. And no, no one asked me to sit down because I was blocking their view. Had they, I may have punched them in the face. Peace! :)

'You believe me don't you? Please believe what I just said.'
Old 05-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Good show last night. My 5th (I hope not my last.) Section 111, right on the corner in the front. Second row seats. Not too shabby. I did have a floor ticket, but was not feeling that great and didn't want to be pummeled into the ground, probably fainting, and missing Tool. No thanks.

Anyway, I thought the sound was okay. Not really the crispest, kind of piercing at times. Visuals were awesome. The guys sounded great and did really seem to enjoy themselves. I had tears in my eyes during 10,000 Days. Really moving, and I'm happy to have heard it at least once live.

Only complaints are: the guy rocking out next to me. Okay, rocking out is perfectly fine and great, but shoving into me when I have a seat? And this guy had access to the floor. Ass. And then half of my section sat down. I felt like my friend and I were the only ones standing during most of the show. How can you sit at Tool? That's just my opinion. I know someone will argue with me. And no, no one asked me to sit down because I was blocking their view. Had they, I may have punched them in the face. Peace! :)

'You believe me don't you? Please believe what I just said.'
OFFLINE |  
WhatATool's Avatar WhatATool
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM

Opening band, Kinski – decent. They sounded heavier than the mp3 I downloaded from their site kinski.net. LOL at kinski’s news page – “We're going on tour with Tool. Yes, we're as shocked as you are.”

Tool. Amazing. The groups’ bows and waves at show’s end said that the band and crowd fed off of each other very well at this hockey venue.

My ears are still buzzing. Great sound, great visuals. We were on the floor grooving. The multi-head pattern on the highest/largest screen was a real trip. In other cities' reviews, I had read about the laser show, so I kept waiting. Midway through Tool’s set, the lasers finally kicked in. Pretty cool vector type stuff - mostly green colored, plus a little red. (Side note: On the five(?) smaller screens, you need be looking *Directly* in front of the screen to get a clear, crisp view of the multi-layered animations.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Opening band, Kinski – decent. They sounded heavier than the mp3 I downloaded from their site kinski.net. LOL at kinski’s news page – “We're going on tour with Tool. Yes, we're as shocked as you are.”

Tool. Amazing. The groups’ bows and waves at show’s end said that the band and crowd fed off of each other very well at this hockey venue.

My ears are still buzzing. Great sound, great visuals. We were on the floor grooving. The multi-head pattern on the highest/largest screen was a real trip. In other cities' reviews, I had read about the laser show, so I kept waiting. Midway through Tool’s set, the lasers finally kicked in. Pretty cool vector type stuff - mostly green colored, plus a little red. (Side note: On the five(?) smaller screens, you need be looking *Directly* in front of the screen to get a clear, crisp view of the multi-layered animations.
OFFLINE |  
KDubbs
05-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Freakin amazing show... im still reeling from it all. I was up in the second level, bout half way back on Adam's side. IT WAS LOUD! Felt like i was right next to the speakers. But, Tool is best when played as loud as possible. Adam did drown out the others a few times, i thought that was just because i was on his side, but apparently that happened elsewhere. Nobody gives Adam enough credit though, he fucking ripped flawlessly all show. Justin's stamina is unreal (especially on 46&2 and wings) Danny is a beast, the drum extension in Lateralus was tight. Wish Maynard would have screamed more, but he sounded great otherwise. I was completely content with the set list, it was standard, but i love everyone of those songs and the band can perform them better than anything else, which is probably why they play them. Right in Two was BADASS. Crowd around me was great, all jamming out hard, nothing disrespectful, and plenty of j's being shared generously. The visuals made the show for me however. Being up high was a benefit because i got the full effect of the white stage and the projections put on it. There were times when it seemed like the band got swallowed up by the stage, completely mesmerizing. People down low, especially on the floor, definitely didnt get the visual effect as the people in my section did. Best show ive seen in my life, and will be the best show until i (hopefully) see Tool again. Awesome.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #28
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Freakin amazing show... im still reeling from it all. I was up in the second level, bout half way back on Adam's side. IT WAS LOUD! Felt like i was right next to the speakers. But, Tool is best when played as loud as possible. Adam did drown out the others a few times, i thought that was just because i was on his side, but apparently that happened elsewhere. Nobody gives Adam enough credit though, he fucking ripped flawlessly all show. Justin's stamina is unreal (especially on 46&2 and wings) Danny is a beast, the drum extension in Lateralus was tight. Wish Maynard would have screamed more, but he sounded great otherwise. I was completely content with the set list, it was standard, but i love everyone of those songs and the band can perform them better than anything else, which is probably why they play them. Right in Two was BADASS. Crowd around me was great, all jamming out hard, nothing disrespectful, and plenty of j's being shared generously. The visuals made the show for me however. Being up high was a benefit because i got the full effect of the white stage and the projections put on it. There were times when it seemed like the band got swallowed up by the stage, completely mesmerizing. People down low, especially on the floor, definitely didnt get the visual effect as the people in my section did. Best show ive seen in my life, and will be the best show until i (hopefully) see Tool again. Awesome.
OFFLINE |  
reid fleming
05-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Kinski sucks, the guitars are fun but the drumming was unimaginative. They would have scored better but their sound man gets an F. Their effects have a buzz that makes an industrial fire alarm sound soothing. But they actually sounded OK after the effect was turned off for their last number. I would not have lasted the set without my earplugs.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Kinski sucks, the guitars are fun but the drumming was unimaginative. They would have scored better but their sound man gets an F. Their effects have a buzz that makes an industrial fire alarm sound soothing. But they actually sounded OK after the effect was turned off for their last number. I would not have lasted the set without my earplugs.
OFFLINE |  
KDubbs
05-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Few other interesting things i didn't mention. Maynard's dispatch radio thing he uses during rosetta quit towards the end, he went to the mic for a couple lines until the sound guy gave maynard the thumbs up that the radio thing was working again. Saw Danny drop a stick durning 10,000 days, his recovery was so quick i barely saw it, let alone hear anything different. Best thing Adam did all show was during lateralus when the spiraling bodies thing was on the screens and also projected on to the stage, he walked right over to where it was on the stage, put his head down and basically put himself in to the spiral... (being up high allowed me to see this) Justin was really feeling it during the last two songs, when he started stomping his foot and waving that crazy hair of his all around was quite a sight to see. Fuck Yeah.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Few other interesting things i didn't mention. Maynard's dispatch radio thing he uses during rosetta quit towards the end, he went to the mic for a couple lines until the sound guy gave maynard the thumbs up that the radio thing was working again. Saw Danny drop a stick durning 10,000 days, his recovery was so quick i barely saw it, let alone hear anything different. Best thing Adam did all show was during lateralus when the spiraling bodies thing was on the screens and also projected on to the stage, he walked right over to where it was on the stage, put his head down and basically put himself in to the spiral... (being up high allowed me to see this) Justin was really feeling it during the last two songs, when he started stomping his foot and waving that crazy hair of his all around was quite a sight to see. Fuck Yeah.
OFFLINE |  
reid fleming
05-10-2007, 08:24 PM

Adam walked around and cut up a bit. Intension was cut short half a bar into it, Albuquerque had more Intension without vocals.

Did anybody else notice a bit of Triad intro into Lateralus?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Adam walked around and cut up a bit. Intension was cut short half a bar into it, Albuquerque had more Intension without vocals.

Did anybody else notice a bit of Triad intro into Lateralus?
OFFLINE |  
Baa's Avatar Baa
05-11-2007, 07:18 PM

I sat down during Wings/10k Days. Not out of disrespect or anything like that, more to take in the whole visual aspect of it. Sitting helps me focus.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #32
Baa
Level 4 - Thinker

I sat down during Wings/10k Days. Not out of disrespect or anything like that, more to take in the whole visual aspect of it. Sitting helps me focus.
05-11-2007, 07:21 PM

This was my 3rd show in 1 year, almost to the date. It was superior to the Buell and Fiddler's.

Kinski was ok. I liked a song and maybe part of another one. All I could think was wow, they're kids! And something with their sound made my right eardrum feel like it was going to rattle out of my head.

We were sitting in sect. 112, two rows up from the floor on the aisle, pretty much in the center. Perfect view of everything and excellent sound. The stage set up for Tool was the usual, white floor, 4 smaller screens beind them, each representing a band member. There were two more larger ones on the sides that didn't kick in until a little later in the show. The lasers and net of being backdrop showed up after the intermission, I believe.

They started off playing Jambi, which was a decent opener. Standard lighting and videos as the previous shows with fire and the female face. Maynard seemed really into it, cowboy hat on at first then removed it halfway through revealing his mohawk, doing back sways, swinging his hat and then directed our attention to Adam for the talkbox solo. Stinkfist really got the crowd going, of course. It wasn't extended this time, no Danny Solo and no break before "I'll keep digging..." but he made up for that later. I can remember somewhat the standard concert video for this song. Forty-Six & 2. What can I say? Awesome. Videos of humans in geometric shapes and DNA spirals, flowing clouds, eyes, the head with the face that goes in and out, the evolution of man... Danny's solo, everything was flawless. There may have been an instrumental break before Schism, then the standard video with the sped-up middle. Lost Keys was nice, sans dialogue.

Rosetta was once again, awesome live. The video starts out with a guy stumbling down the highway out in the desert. He's completely naked except for his underwear (white boxers). You see clips of him stumbling to get away from whatever it is he saw in the desert and they show flashes of what is going on his head - just clips flashing to the music. They showed planets and galaxies and brains and DNA, an alien head and cells living in a petri dish, the pyramids and Stonehenge and star maps. So essentially, you feel as though he was told through these image "who we are and where we are going in this ocean of chaos". Then after about 6 minutes, when it's purely instruments and there's the build up to the ~8:30 point of "overwhelmed as one would be" they show a scene of saturn with its rings. In the background you see the sun. You wonder where Earth is. They show Saturn moving in its orbit, then rewinding backward to the music and moving again and again. It was really pretty to see to the music and the energy of the crowd made it that much better. Then at the height of the build up you see scenes of destruction - sketches of weapons, hydrogen bombs, other weapons I don't know about, and you see explosions. Then at the end there was a big blue-green Jackie Chan alien head and you see that scene of Saturn and debris flying by that are supposed to be the earth, then more brains and DNA and alien heads and everything you've already seen, just flashing by really fast. I could swear there were sounds of ufos before or after the song...

So then they played Right in Two, with a abbreviated lyricless Intension before. The video starts with someone drawing a shape (forget what shape) with black ink onto a piece of paper.At the line of "angels on the sideline" they showed a typical tool alien creature and towards the end was more scenes of destruction - a bomb being dropped and emphasis on the face of a young man in a plane ready to drop the bomb and the shape at the beginning of the video has become a target. This was a nice change of pace.

They all slowly made their way to a platform on the stage and when Justin came over to Danny, it was almost as if Justin patted Danny on the back and was asking how he was doing and/or telling him he was doing great. They were sitting, with the three UFOs hovering above them, and none of them appeared to look up at them, as if it was normal, or only we could see them. There were some really neat designs in the middle of the UFOs, like a mandala or dreamcatcher. The band lit their lights and the crowd joined in for at least 2 minutes. Maybe it was a moment of silence for Maynard's mom. Right after that, they started with Wings. They had green lasers arranged like halos on the ceiling and orbs of light dancing around the stage. The screens mostly showed clouds lined in sunshine and kaleidoscopes, while the lasers made the shape of wings flying around, changing colors. There seemed to be a tunnel of smoke or clouds with a light in the middle near the end and the climaxes and slow parts were heavy with individual lasers, fitting perfectly with the music. It was beautiful, the whole thing.

After that they played Lateralus with Alex Grey artwork in the background, basically the standard video of spirals...and dancing lasers throughout. This was followed by Vicarious, with spinning heads and eyes, static and a tunnel grid-thing, among other stuff.

Then he said "well that about sums it up...but we do usually play this song" (something along those lines) and Aenema started. Great, as usual.

I'm sure there was some stuff I missed, like other comments and breaks here and there with sound effects, but that about sums it up for me.

The crowd was respectful for the most part, I got lucky not to have too many distractions around me. It was a great show, Tool has not lost their edge. They have evolved, like the rest of us and I will probably make it a point to go see every show I can as long as they keep going.

Thanks to friends who helped make this possible for me.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #33
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

This was my 3rd show in 1 year, almost to the date. It was superior to the Buell and Fiddler's.

Kinski was ok. I liked a song and maybe part of another one. All I could think was wow, they're kids! And something with their sound made my right eardrum feel like it was going to rattle out of my head.

We were sitting in sect. 112, two rows up from the floor on the aisle, pretty much in the center. Perfect view of everything and excellent sound. The stage set up for Tool was the usual, white floor, 4 smaller screens beind them, each representing a band member. There were two more larger ones on the sides that didn't kick in until a little later in the show. The lasers and net of being backdrop showed up after the intermission, I believe.

They started off playing Jambi, which was a decent opener. Standard lighting and videos as the previous shows with fire and the female face. Maynard seemed really into it, cowboy hat on at first then removed it halfway through revealing his mohawk, doing back sways, swinging his hat and then directed our attention to Adam for the talkbox solo. Stinkfist really got the crowd going, of course. It wasn't extended this time, no Danny Solo and no break before "I'll keep digging..." but he made up for that later. I can remember somewhat the standard concert video for this song. Forty-Six & 2. What can I say? Awesome. Videos of humans in geometric shapes and DNA spirals, flowing clouds, eyes, the head with the face that goes in and out, the evolution of man... Danny's solo, everything was flawless. There may have been an instrumental break before Schism, then the standard video with the sped-up middle. Lost Keys was nice, sans dialogue.

Rosetta was once again, awesome live. The video starts out with a guy stumbling down the highway out in the desert. He's completely naked except for his underwear (white boxers). You see clips of him stumbling to get away from whatever it is he saw in the desert and they show flashes of what is going on his head - just clips flashing to the music. They showed planets and galaxies and brains and DNA, an alien head and cells living in a petri dish, the pyramids and Stonehenge and star maps. So essentially, you feel as though he was told through these image "who we are and where we are going in this ocean of chaos". Then after about 6 minutes, when it's purely instruments and there's the build up to the ~8:30 point of "overwhelmed as one would be" they show a scene of saturn with its rings. In the background you see the sun. You wonder where Earth is. They show Saturn moving in its orbit, then rewinding backward to the music and moving again and again. It was really pretty to see to the music and the energy of the crowd made it that much better. Then at the height of the build up you see scenes of destruction - sketches of weapons, hydrogen bombs, other weapons I don't know about, and you see explosions. Then at the end there was a big blue-green Jackie Chan alien head and you see that scene of Saturn and debris flying by that are supposed to be the earth, then more brains and DNA and alien heads and everything you've already seen, just flashing by really fast. I could swear there were sounds of ufos before or after the song...

So then they played Right in Two, with a abbreviated lyricless Intension before. The video starts with someone drawing a shape (forget what shape) with black ink onto a piece of paper.At the line of "angels on the sideline" they showed a typical tool alien creature and towards the end was more scenes of destruction - a bomb being dropped and emphasis on the face of a young man in a plane ready to drop the bomb and the shape at the beginning of the video has become a target. This was a nice change of pace.

They all slowly made their way to a platform on the stage and when Justin came over to Danny, it was almost as if Justin patted Danny on the back and was asking how he was doing and/or telling him he was doing great. They were sitting, with the three UFOs hovering above them, and none of them appeared to look up at them, as if it was normal, or only we could see them. There were some really neat designs in the middle of the UFOs, like a mandala or dreamcatcher. The band lit their lights and the crowd joined in for at least 2 minutes. Maybe it was a moment of silence for Maynard's mom. Right after that, they started with Wings. They had green lasers arranged like halos on the ceiling and orbs of light dancing around the stage. The screens mostly showed clouds lined in sunshine and kaleidoscopes, while the lasers made the shape of wings flying around, changing colors. There seemed to be a tunnel of smoke or clouds with a light in the middle near the end and the climaxes and slow parts were heavy with individual lasers, fitting perfectly with the music. It was beautiful, the whole thing.

After that they played Lateralus with Alex Grey artwork in the background, basically the standard video of spirals...and dancing lasers throughout. This was followed by Vicarious, with spinning heads and eyes, static and a tunnel grid-thing, among other stuff.

Then he said "well that about sums it up...but we do usually play this song" (something along those lines) and Aenema started. Great, as usual.

I'm sure there was some stuff I missed, like other comments and breaks here and there with sound effects, but that about sums it up for me.

The crowd was respectful for the most part, I got lucky not to have too many distractions around me. It was a great show, Tool has not lost their edge. They have evolved, like the rest of us and I will probably make it a point to go see every show I can as long as they keep going.

Thanks to friends who helped make this possible for me.
OFFLINE |  
jambij
05-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Hadn't been to a concert of any kind in years, wandering around lost and whatnot. We were up in the rafters, so it was really cool to see the stage as basically a giant movie screen that the band was kinda floating on at times. The volume was perfect as far as I'm concerned. Playing and sync with the visuals was flawless, Right in Two was fucking awesome. Close to two hour set, to me it just kinda hit all at once, and then seemed over too soon. I think the moshers were confused as to which show they were at. This isn't Korn or Slipknot, there were times in the show where it would have been cool to shut the fuck up and calm down, but we don't get too many really good shows here, so it's probably all of that pent up rage coming out. Wings, 10,000 Days; indescribably beautiful. 46 & 2, one of my all-time favorites, perfect. TOOL, what can you say. They have to be experienced. Thank you guys, for one of the greatest shows I have ever seen or heard. "Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear".
Fuckin' A right.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Hadn't been to a concert of any kind in years, wandering around lost and whatnot. We were up in the rafters, so it was really cool to see the stage as basically a giant movie screen that the band was kinda floating on at times. The volume was perfect as far as I'm concerned. Playing and sync with the visuals was flawless, Right in Two was fucking awesome. Close to two hour set, to me it just kinda hit all at once, and then seemed over too soon. I think the moshers were confused as to which show they were at. This isn't Korn or Slipknot, there were times in the show where it would have been cool to shut the fuck up and calm down, but we don't get too many really good shows here, so it's probably all of that pent up rage coming out. Wings, 10,000 Days; indescribably beautiful. 46 & 2, one of my all-time favorites, perfect. TOOL, what can you say. They have to be experienced. Thank you guys, for one of the greatest shows I have ever seen or heard. "Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear".
Fuckin' A right.
OFFLINE |  
cheesepaper
05-12-2007, 06:56 PM

I thought it was the best show of theirs I've seen. It was the 5th time I've seen them. I agree that it was better than the Denver show, but I still enjoyed that show, but I had some pretty good seats for that. I had no problems with their set list, while it would've been sweet to hear Pushit, I'm not sure it would've fit as well as Right in Two did(IMHO). In response to the person that wondered if they got pissed of as artists that their fans needed to be drunk or high to enjoy it, have you seen their visuals? They're pretty much designed for people who are high. I was trippin' my nuts off at this last show, the 1st time I saw them I was high, and the other 3 I was completely sober. Out of all of them I had the best time while I was tripping at this last show. Maybe it was just me but I thought towards the end of the set Maynard said he would see us all again very soon.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

I thought it was the best show of theirs I've seen. It was the 5th time I've seen them. I agree that it was better than the Denver show, but I still enjoyed that show, but I had some pretty good seats for that. I had no problems with their set list, while it would've been sweet to hear Pushit, I'm not sure it would've fit as well as Right in Two did(IMHO). In response to the person that wondered if they got pissed of as artists that their fans needed to be drunk or high to enjoy it, have you seen their visuals? They're pretty much designed for people who are high. I was trippin' my nuts off at this last show, the 1st time I saw them I was high, and the other 3 I was completely sober. Out of all of them I had the best time while I was tripping at this last show. Maybe it was just me but I thought towards the end of the set Maynard said he would see us all again very soon.
OFFLINE |  
ButIForgotMyPen
05-12-2007, 07:56 PM

I agree with some other peoples replys to the concert Jambi wasnt the best opening song. This was my second Tool concert i came from salt lake to see them (im moving to the spings next month) This concert was better than the last one. I love the lazer show it was great. And maynard was a sexy mon sexy mon, came out with his straw cowboy farmer hat and took it up and his hair was up in a mohawk and tight jeans on and an orange shirt. I have about over 50 pictures (on a slide show) from the concert on my myspace if any ones intrested seeing them on my myspace is www.myspace.com/threen1half . Great show i hope i can see them again soon.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

I agree with some other peoples replys to the concert Jambi wasnt the best opening song. This was my second Tool concert i came from salt lake to see them (im moving to the spings next month) This concert was better than the last one. I love the lazer show it was great. And maynard was a sexy mon sexy mon, came out with his straw cowboy farmer hat and took it up and his hair was up in a mohawk and tight jeans on and an orange shirt. I have about over 50 pictures (on a slide show) from the concert on my myspace if any ones intrested seeing them on my myspace is www.myspace.com/threen1half . Great show i hope i can see them again soon.
OFFLINE |  
VinDieselFiesta
05-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesepaper View Post
Maybe it was just me but I thought towards the end of the set Maynard said he would see us all again very soon.
i could have sworn i heard this too as did all of my buddies.. hopefully it's true. red rocks maybe?

nothing too much more to be said about this show that hasn't already been said, but overall it was an amazing night. the band was so tight nd together and full of energy the whole night. maynard not saying much as usual still seemed to really be digging the whole show. justin is amazing to watch, he really knows how to rock out. danny.. i'm just speechless about danny everytime i see them. what was up with adam's pigtails??? whats all these shenanigans about jambi being a shitty opener? i thought it was mindblowing.

got a few pics from my seat, sec 219 row 1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22111.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22141.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22161.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22162.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22171.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22271.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22272.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22281.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22291.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22402.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22461.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22471.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22511.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22512.jpg

[here, I helped out and made the links active -flux]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-13-2007 at 12:13 PM..
Old 05-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesepaper View Post
Maybe it was just me but I thought towards the end of the set Maynard said he would see us all again very soon.
i could have sworn i heard this too as did all of my buddies.. hopefully it's true. red rocks maybe?

nothing too much more to be said about this show that hasn't already been said, but overall it was an amazing night. the band was so tight nd together and full of energy the whole night. maynard not saying much as usual still seemed to really be digging the whole show. justin is amazing to watch, he really knows how to rock out. danny.. i'm just speechless about danny everytime i see them. what was up with adam's pigtails??? whats all these shenanigans about jambi being a shitty opener? i thought it was mindblowing.

got a few pics from my seat, sec 219 row 1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22111.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22141.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22161.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22162.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22171.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22271.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22272.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22281.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22291.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22402.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22461.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22471.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22511.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0907_22512.jpg

[here, I helped out and made the links active -flux]

Last edited by paraflux; 05-13-2007 at 12:13 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Baa's Avatar Baa
05-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the pics guys, wanted to show mine off but I saved 'em to my phone (wasn't thinking about this) and they ended up like 64x64 or something, coupled with the fact that they can't be emailed once they're saved to it as wallpaper pictures.

By the way, did anyone else think Prison Sex was coming on when they had that creaking sound going before Lateralus? That would've been awesome.

Last edited by Baa; 05-13-2007 at 01:33 PM..
Old 05-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #38
Baa
Level 4 - Thinker

Thanks for the pics guys, wanted to show mine off but I saved 'em to my phone (wasn't thinking about this) and they ended up like 64x64 or something, coupled with the fact that they can't be emailed once they're saved to it as wallpaper pictures.

By the way, did anyone else think Prison Sex was coming on when they had that creaking sound going before Lateralus? That would've been awesome.

Last edited by Baa; 05-13-2007 at 01:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
hikingartist
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM

Great show. Thanks Tool. I am 48 years old. I went with my son, who is 24. We were about 60 feet from the stage when the show started. Then these mosh pits broke out and these sweaty mooks patrolled these vast open spaces, ready to shove all who enter. Whatever. So everytime a mosh broke out, I advanced steadily towards the stage. I got separted from my son. I never pushed anyone, but I got pushed, I got shoved. Whatever. Eventually I was about 20 feet from the stage, where I caught Intension, Wings/10,000. I was looking up watching Adam, lasers shooting overhead. I will never forget it. The last time I was this close to the stage was when I saw ACDC. With Bon Scott.
These mooks behind me wanted to mosh sooo bad. They kept saying things like "here it comes" and "this place is gonna go off". Finally during 10,000, one conceded "this would be great if they played some music"! Hahaha! Chowder heads! I love when Tool kills the mosh with a 10 minute instrumental. Beautiful instrumentals, I might add.
Anyway I was the bald guy rocking out up front during Laterlus/Vicarious and I apologize to anyone I bumped into. Observation:
The crowds love to shout out the lyrics to lines with the words "f***" or "s***" in them, at times completely drowning out Maynard. I think sometimes he just doesn't sing, because noone can hear him anyway. And I often wonder if he feels bad that the audience shouts with glee about "learning to swim" (a catastrophic vision that would result in the death and suffering of millions) yet the same audience falls mostly mute when it comes time to recite the uplifting phrases from Laterlus. Anway, what do I know. I'm old. Thanks again Tool.
Tonight: Porcupine Treee at The Fox Theater. Yay me!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Great show. Thanks Tool. I am 48 years old. I went with my son, who is 24. We were about 60 feet from the stage when the show started. Then these mosh pits broke out and these sweaty mooks patrolled these vast open spaces, ready to shove all who enter. Whatever. So everytime a mosh broke out, I advanced steadily towards the stage. I got separted from my son. I never pushed anyone, but I got pushed, I got shoved. Whatever. Eventually I was about 20 feet from the stage, where I caught Intension, Wings/10,000. I was looking up watching Adam, lasers shooting overhead. I will never forget it. The last time I was this close to the stage was when I saw ACDC. With Bon Scott.
These mooks behind me wanted to mosh sooo bad. They kept saying things like "here it comes" and "this place is gonna go off". Finally during 10,000, one conceded "this would be great if they played some music"! Hahaha! Chowder heads! I love when Tool kills the mosh with a 10 minute instrumental. Beautiful instrumentals, I might add.
Anyway I was the bald guy rocking out up front during Laterlus/Vicarious and I apologize to anyone I bumped into. Observation:
The crowds love to shout out the lyrics to lines with the words "f***" or "s***" in them, at times completely drowning out Maynard. I think sometimes he just doesn't sing, because noone can hear him anyway. And I often wonder if he feels bad that the audience shouts with glee about "learning to swim" (a catastrophic vision that would result in the death and suffering of millions) yet the same audience falls mostly mute when it comes time to recite the uplifting phrases from Laterlus. Anway, what do I know. I'm old. Thanks again Tool.
Tonight: Porcupine Treee at The Fox Theater. Yay me!
OFFLINE |  
brimstone halo
05-15-2007, 10:20 AM

wings and 10,000 days were awesome but I just wished every one would have shut the fuck up, thats easy for me to say because I wanted to HEAR it so bad. Its an emotional song for me (im sure not as emotional as it is for Maynard) but I lost my mother when I was 16 and that song really gets to me especially the "you're the only one....." part. I will admit I shed a tear or two when they played it. Overall, kick ass show. Not the best I've seen but deffinetly not the worst, Ive seen them between 13 and 15 times now and they still impress. Thank you TooL
Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

wings and 10,000 days were awesome but I just wished every one would have shut the fuck up, thats easy for me to say because I wanted to HEAR it so bad. Its an emotional song for me (im sure not as emotional as it is for Maynard) but I lost my mother when I was 16 and that song really gets to me especially the "you're the only one....." part. I will admit I shed a tear or two when they played it. Overall, kick ass show. Not the best I've seen but deffinetly not the worst, Ive seen them between 13 and 15 times now and they still impress. Thank you TooL

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply