paraflux
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (not extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (double time extended)
Lost Keys (no dialogue)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension (greatly shortened w/no lyrics)
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Ænema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-09-2007 at 05:43 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/08 - Albuqurque, NM - Tingley Coliseum

Jambi
Stinkfist (not extended)
Forty Six & 2
Lost Keys (no dialogue)
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Ænema

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-09-2007 at 05:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Awperator
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Tool great as always, but the sound inside Tingley in my opinion sucks. Amazing laser show; my first time seeing it. 1 Maynard quip at the very beginning that I didn't get, he said 'thank you' at the end of Lateralus. They played the setlist w/ right in two. Amazing.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/08 - Albuqurque, NM - Tingley Coliseum

Tool great as always, but the sound inside Tingley in my opinion sucks. Amazing laser show; my first time seeing it. 1 Maynard quip at the very beginning that I didn't get, he said 'thank you' at the end of Lateralus. They played the setlist w/ right in two. Amazing.
OFFLINE |  
Poigea
05-08-2007, 10:23 PM

Excellent show. Same set list as Las Cruces, but sill awesome.

Maynard's comment at the beginning was "What is that smell" I believe.

Despite what people say about Tingley, I have always enjoyed concerts there. While the sound is not perfect, still sounded damn good to me.

I dunno if they changed the laser show from the Cruces show, or if it really is just that much more impressive when you are on the floor, but good god was that amazing.

Highlights of the night for me were Lateralus, wonderful, and Aenema the perfect way to end the show. The crowd was really into those songs, and more into the show than in Curces I believe.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Excellent show. Same set list as Las Cruces, but sill awesome.

Maynard's comment at the beginning was "What is that smell" I believe.

Despite what people say about Tingley, I have always enjoyed concerts there. While the sound is not perfect, still sounded damn good to me.

I dunno if they changed the laser show from the Cruces show, or if it really is just that much more impressive when you are on the floor, but good god was that amazing.

Highlights of the night for me were Lateralus, wonderful, and Aenema the perfect way to end the show. The crowd was really into those songs, and more into the show than in Curces I believe.
OFFLINE |  
alarment
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM

9th time seeing Tool (once on the Aenima tour, four times for Lateralus tour, and now four times for 10,000 Days tour) Same set list as Las Cruces, which was kind of disappointing since I went to both shows. But what redeems this is that I felt that Right In Two, which is one of the songs that they have been switching in and out of the set list, was the highlight of both shows. Like what was stated above by others, the sound mix was kind of crappy, especially the vocals, which were hard to hear many times in the show. A suggestion for future concert goers… I found that the sound was better father back from the stage. I was 4-5 people from the railing for both the Cruces and ABQ shows, and discovered that the sound was sub par and muddy this far up, especially Maynard’s parts. I decided to move back half way through the ABQ show and found not only the sound improved, but the laser show was much more entertaining. I don’t know if it is just me, but is seems that the video projections do not sync as well with the music as it did on past tours or seem as meaningful. Don’t get me wrong, both shows were really good and I would go again at the drop of a hat, but I found myself not paying as much attention to the videos as I used to in the past. Anyone who has seen Tool live know that they are not the most active of bands on stage (it seems that Maynard is starting to dance more like he used to, which is good) so it is the visuals which help make the live show more impactful. Now, they seem to have taken a back seat to the lasers which only appear in maybe half the show. After seeing them twice in the past week, I do not really remember any of the animation sequences and what they had to do with the music. This is sad because I still vividly remember the video sequences to Pushit and many other songs from when I saw Tool 10 years ago. It was still a good show, but by no means their best, I think they are focusing too much on new material and would much rather see more from Undertow and Aenima, or even one song from Opiate if possible. I think also missing are added parts like the extended version of Stinkfist (we did get the sped up middle section of Schism, which is nice). Hopefully those who see the shows later on will be treated to a more diverse set list. I guess I was spoiled by the last time Tool came to Albuquerque since they played both Third Eye and H at that show….
Old 05-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

9th time seeing Tool (once on the Aenima tour, four times for Lateralus tour, and now four times for 10,000 Days tour) Same set list as Las Cruces, which was kind of disappointing since I went to both shows. But what redeems this is that I felt that Right In Two, which is one of the songs that they have been switching in and out of the set list, was the highlight of both shows. Like what was stated above by others, the sound mix was kind of crappy, especially the vocals, which were hard to hear many times in the show. A suggestion for future concert goers… I found that the sound was better father back from the stage. I was 4-5 people from the railing for both the Cruces and ABQ shows, and discovered that the sound was sub par and muddy this far up, especially Maynard’s parts. I decided to move back half way through the ABQ show and found not only the sound improved, but the laser show was much more entertaining. I don’t know if it is just me, but is seems that the video projections do not sync as well with the music as it did on past tours or seem as meaningful. Don’t get me wrong, both shows were really good and I would go again at the drop of a hat, but I found myself not paying as much attention to the videos as I used to in the past. Anyone who has seen Tool live know that they are not the most active of bands on stage (it seems that Maynard is starting to dance more like he used to, which is good) so it is the visuals which help make the live show more impactful. Now, they seem to have taken a back seat to the lasers which only appear in maybe half the show. After seeing them twice in the past week, I do not really remember any of the animation sequences and what they had to do with the music. This is sad because I still vividly remember the video sequences to Pushit and many other songs from when I saw Tool 10 years ago. It was still a good show, but by no means their best, I think they are focusing too much on new material and would much rather see more from Undertow and Aenima, or even one song from Opiate if possible. I think also missing are added parts like the extended version of Stinkfist (we did get the sped up middle section of Schism, which is nice). Hopefully those who see the shows later on will be treated to a more diverse set list. I guess I was spoiled by the last time Tool came to Albuquerque since they played both Third Eye and H at that show….
OFFLINE |  
3eyeswide
05-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist (not extended)
Forty Six & 2
Lost Keys (no dialogue)
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Ænema

Pros:

Other people complained about sound, but I thought it was great (might have just been where I was sitting), except sometimes the vocals got drowned out. They sounded pretty darn good and pretty well in sync tonight, but yet again, that might just be me. Thought the extension they put on Lateralus was pretty cool too. I also kind of like Stinkfist without being extended as well (the only versions I've heard live (bootlegs and in person) have the extended part in them).

Cons:

Maynard said SEVEN, I repeat, A MEASELY SEVEN WORDS to the crowd tonight (beside lyrics obviously). When they took the stage, he said "I thought I smelt something", he said "thank you" after Lateralus, and he said "yeah" right before Ænema. He seemed to be pretty into his performance to boot, it just would've been more fun if he had talked to us a bit more. And I'd also trade the entire laser show just to hear maybe two songs from Undertow and Opiate collectively (zero tonight).

I really liked Right in Two (one of their only songs I have not seen live that they played tonight), but seeing as how they've been playing Pushit on this tour as well, I'm not sure which I'd rather see. Wings and 10000 days were also suprisingly good as well (they're not my favorite Tool songs, but I found myself really getting into them tonight). And also, maybe someone knows, but I was clueless as to what the keyboard looking thing Maynard had in front of him for a good portion of the show was. I've seen Tool twice before, but I've never been as close to the stage as I was tonight, but I don't believe that I've seen him with that thing in front of him before. Any thoughts on this? And seeing how this is the closest I've been to the stage, all I have to say regarding Danny and actually being able to see him play his drum kit as clearly as I did is that he is simply unbelievable, nuff said (and this is the guy that is coming off an injury that forced the tour to be postponed on top of that!). WOW.

And oh yeah, almost forgot, WHO IN THE WORLD MOSHES TO RIGHT IN TWO?????????? I seriously started laughing histerically when I saw the mosh pits toward the end of the song. Tool isn't really a band to mosh to in the first place, but I definately understand moshing to Ænema. BUT RIGHT IN TWO? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 3eyeswide; 05-09-2007 at 08:45 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #5
Banned.

Jambi
Stinkfist (not extended)
Forty Six & 2
Lost Keys (no dialogue)
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Ænema

Pros:

Other people complained about sound, but I thought it was great (might have just been where I was sitting), except sometimes the vocals got drowned out. They sounded pretty darn good and pretty well in sync tonight, but yet again, that might just be me. Thought the extension they put on Lateralus was pretty cool too. I also kind of like Stinkfist without being extended as well (the only versions I've heard live (bootlegs and in person) have the extended part in them).

Cons:

Maynard said SEVEN, I repeat, A MEASELY SEVEN WORDS to the crowd tonight (beside lyrics obviously). When they took the stage, he said "I thought I smelt something", he said "thank you" after Lateralus, and he said "yeah" right before Ænema. He seemed to be pretty into his performance to boot, it just would've been more fun if he had talked to us a bit more. And I'd also trade the entire laser show just to hear maybe two songs from Undertow and Opiate collectively (zero tonight).

I really liked Right in Two (one of their only songs I have not seen live that they played tonight), but seeing as how they've been playing Pushit on this tour as well, I'm not sure which I'd rather see. Wings and 10000 days were also suprisingly good as well (they're not my favorite Tool songs, but I found myself really getting into them tonight). And also, maybe someone knows, but I was clueless as to what the keyboard looking thing Maynard had in front of him for a good portion of the show was. I've seen Tool twice before, but I've never been as close to the stage as I was tonight, but I don't believe that I've seen him with that thing in front of him before. Any thoughts on this? And seeing how this is the closest I've been to the stage, all I have to say regarding Danny and actually being able to see him play his drum kit as clearly as I did is that he is simply unbelievable, nuff said (and this is the guy that is coming off an injury that forced the tour to be postponed on top of that!). WOW.

And oh yeah, almost forgot, WHO IN THE WORLD MOSHES TO RIGHT IN TWO?????????? I seriously started laughing histerically when I saw the mosh pits toward the end of the song. Tool isn't really a band to mosh to in the first place, but I definately understand moshing to Ænema. BUT RIGHT IN TWO? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 3eyeswide; 05-09-2007 at 08:45 AM..
OFFLINE |  
The Rak
05-09-2007, 12:34 AM

My boy Matt and I are failry wasted at 2:20 or so a.m., but are keeping with the pronouncement not to touch any liquor that is behind a lock. We believe that is a fair restriction.

Tool. in Albuquerque May 8, 2007. Holy Fucking Shit.

What did Maynanrd say? Who gives a fuck? The show here tonight was about one of the great bands of our time and how a profound sense of trascendence is created on the mass scale of a rodeo arena.

We were not on the floor. Cactus Warlock (Matt) had good seat on the Justin side (aligned with Maynard's eyeshot) , while The Rak was at the opposite end of the shed from the band. Any you know what ? The sound did not suck.

Cactus Warlock and I were down by the soundboard back in 02 or 03 when the boys rolled through town with Mehuggah, and the sound sucked. But tonight - holy shit. Goddam (shit the bed). The sound was clear. We saw everthing, albeit from different angles.

Message from Cactus [email protected]

to: entire tool band or menargarie of guests

Am offering free guide services to the White Desert and other psychodelic locations throughout Egypt. I recently appreciated the various Egyptian imagery oin the Tool show in Alquerque as well as in Denver. I am a person of limited internet access but would like to show interested persons the imagry of Egypt. [email protected]

Ok -back to the Rak.

Breathtaking. We were pummelled by the sound across the arena. I was in a chairback just off the floor above three rows of box seats from the floor and I saw everthing, haD A EXCELLENT MIX and felt as if - really - that my life had changed. Great art will do that to you.

We have here a group of musicians that transcend the limiting label of "ROCK .
Band" We see a ensamble of musicians that play at a high level of achievement,

The setlist dosent matter so much as your experience. We were uplifted.

___ But two striking things about the musicianship:

Adam has developed in the area of "guitarstorm". His move into the "metal" part of "right in Two" was very, very subtle, and he forced a terrible drum and bass breakdown into "Lateralus". Not pretty. The mix caught all the nuances of his playing, including new parts.

Danny. Is great. Fully recovered. New fills.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 AM   #6

Bincount™: 31

My boy Matt and I are failry wasted at 2:20 or so a.m., but are keeping with the pronouncement not to touch any liquor that is behind a lock. We believe that is a fair restriction.

Tool. in Albuquerque May 8, 2007. Holy Fucking Shit.

What did Maynanrd say? Who gives a fuck? The show here tonight was about one of the great bands of our time and how a profound sense of trascendence is created on the mass scale of a rodeo arena.

We were not on the floor. Cactus Warlock (Matt) had good seat on the Justin side (aligned with Maynard's eyeshot) , while The Rak was at the opposite end of the shed from the band. Any you know what ? The sound did not suck.

Cactus Warlock and I were down by the soundboard back in 02 or 03 when the boys rolled through town with Mehuggah, and the sound sucked. But tonight - holy shit. Goddam (shit the bed). The sound was clear. We saw everthing, albeit from different angles.

Message from Cactus [email protected]

to: entire tool band or menargarie of guests

Am offering free guide services to the White Desert and other psychodelic locations throughout Egypt. I recently appreciated the various Egyptian imagery oin the Tool show in Alquerque as well as in Denver. I am a person of limited internet access but would like to show interested persons the imagry of Egypt. [email protected]

Ok -back to the Rak.

Breathtaking. We were pummelled by the sound across the arena. I was in a chairback just off the floor above three rows of box seats from the floor and I saw everthing, haD A EXCELLENT MIX and felt as if - really - that my life had changed. Great art will do that to you.

We have here a group of musicians that transcend the limiting label of "ROCK .
Band" We see a ensamble of musicians that play at a high level of achievement,

The setlist dosent matter so much as your experience. We were uplifted.

___ But two striking things about the musicianship:

Adam has developed in the area of "guitarstorm". His move into the "metal" part of "right in Two" was very, very subtle, and he forced a terrible drum and bass breakdown into "Lateralus". Not pretty. The mix caught all the nuances of his playing, including new parts.

Danny. Is great. Fully recovered. New fills.
OFFLINE |  
2and46's Avatar 2and46
05-09-2007, 05:30 AM

He said "What's that smell"..obviously alluding to the copious amounts marijuana smoke (not that I'm complaining). The circulation wasn't the best in that place. I was almost at the front of the stage right under justin..maybe a little my left of him.

I'll post a review later..I've had 2 hours of sleep and am already off to work (after a 3 hour drive home).

Its hard to come up with something fresh given the hundreds of reviews on here. My first reaction was that this was a straight forward rock show. They "threw down". I've seen Tool many times (although the first opportunity I've had on this tour), and I dont remember them being as tight as they were last night. If there is a better drummer than Danny Carey, I'd like to see him because he is utterly fascinating to watch. I always like trying to watch his eyes, and he looks possesed much of the time. Justin was also in solid form, and I dont ever remember him being as enthusiastic as he was last night. To sum it up, they looked like they were having fun and soaking in the fact that they have become maybe the most respected rock band in the world. They exude confidence in every thing they do. Furthermore, Adam was quite on target as well with no real noticable transgressions (Adam had his hair tied back).

What can you say about the light show that hasn't already been said? They light show was particularly amazing during 10,000 days and Right in Two. Sometimes the lights became a little discombobulating, kind of causing you to lose your sense of self for brief moments (or maybe that was the sticky icky). I would like to go back and watch this on DVD if they ever come out with one. mainly because there are so many thematic sequences going on, its hard to catch it all. The gargantuan size of the stage/screens make it difficult to internalize the incredibly interesting concepts of the film show. I also think the lights themselves tried to communicate subtle points that many may have missed (the cage like strobe wall at the end of right in two comes to mind).

For those of you who dont particularly care for the set list, no worries. The reason is because of all of the interesting "trippy ass" intros, and some rather bizarre effects that introduced most songs. In fact, the intros were one of my favorite parts of the show (among so many). But then again I'm a "third eye" type of guy, so I like the heavy psychedelia of Tool. The best section of the show was the almighty trek of LK/Rosetta, 10,000 days and Right in Two. That's when, for me, the show hit its apex. Tightly performed. although 10,000 days is not one of my favorite Tool songs, it was executed flawlessly, especially when throwing in the amazing lights at this point of the show.

I think Tool set out on this tour to punch you squarley in the mouth. It was a heavy, heavy rock show. As heavy as I've ever seen them. They just flat out brought it. I dont know if I could have had any more respect for them coming into the show, but this performance set them up an an even higher pedastal. You wont be dissapointed.

I forgot to add..Intention was played for a minute as an intro to Right in Two. That was a surprise, and quite well done.

Last edited by 2and46; 05-09-2007 at 07:12 AM..
Old 05-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 6746

He said "What's that smell"..obviously alluding to the copious amounts marijuana smoke (not that I'm complaining). The circulation wasn't the best in that place. I was almost at the front of the stage right under justin..maybe a little my left of him.

I'll post a review later..I've had 2 hours of sleep and am already off to work (after a 3 hour drive home).

Its hard to come up with something fresh given the hundreds of reviews on here. My first reaction was that this was a straight forward rock show. They "threw down". I've seen Tool many times (although the first opportunity I've had on this tour), and I dont remember them being as tight as they were last night. If there is a better drummer than Danny Carey, I'd like to see him because he is utterly fascinating to watch. I always like trying to watch his eyes, and he looks possesed much of the time. Justin was also in solid form, and I dont ever remember him being as enthusiastic as he was last night. To sum it up, they looked like they were having fun and soaking in the fact that they have become maybe the most respected rock band in the world. They exude confidence in every thing they do. Furthermore, Adam was quite on target as well with no real noticable transgressions (Adam had his hair tied back).

What can you say about the light show that hasn't already been said? They light show was particularly amazing during 10,000 days and Right in Two. Sometimes the lights became a little discombobulating, kind of causing you to lose your sense of self for brief moments (or maybe that was the sticky icky). I would like to go back and watch this on DVD if they ever come out with one. mainly because there are so many thematic sequences going on, its hard to catch it all. The gargantuan size of the stage/screens make it difficult to internalize the incredibly interesting concepts of the film show. I also think the lights themselves tried to communicate subtle points that many may have missed (the cage like strobe wall at the end of right in two comes to mind).

For those of you who dont particularly care for the set list, no worries. The reason is because of all of the interesting "trippy ass" intros, and some rather bizarre effects that introduced most songs. In fact, the intros were one of my favorite parts of the show (among so many). But then again I'm a "third eye" type of guy, so I like the heavy psychedelia of Tool. The best section of the show was the almighty trek of LK/Rosetta, 10,000 days and Right in Two. That's when, for me, the show hit its apex. Tightly performed. although 10,000 days is not one of my favorite Tool songs, it was executed flawlessly, especially when throwing in the amazing lights at this point of the show.

I think Tool set out on this tour to punch you squarley in the mouth. It was a heavy, heavy rock show. As heavy as I've ever seen them. They just flat out brought it. I dont know if I could have had any more respect for them coming into the show, but this performance set them up an an even higher pedastal. You wont be dissapointed.

I forgot to add..Intention was played for a minute as an intro to Right in Two. That was a surprise, and quite well done.

Last edited by 2and46; 05-09-2007 at 07:12 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Nman406
05-09-2007, 12:10 PM

Alright, this was my second show. My thoughts-

Wow, Maynard, get a stage presence. I know these guys aren't the run and jump around the stage kind of band, but watching these guys play was about this exciting-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQeQD0CJzY

Maynard stood in the SAME SPOT FOR THE WHOLE SHOW.

I saw them the last time they were here, and they kicked ass. Maynard was into the show, he didn't look like he showed up for a job. I was very disappointed in this regard.

I liked the set list and the laser show, especially combined with Wings, which is my favorite song off the new album. I really wanted to hear Parabola, but no big deal. The vocals seemed a bit drowned out, but it may have been where I was seated, which was at the back of the arena looking straight at the stage.

I tend to enjoy shows based on stage presence and the overall energy of the band, so I would rate this as a 4/10- and I will pass if I have a chance to see them again. I'm a huge fan, and I hate to seem like I'm ragging on them, but it looked to me like they have lost the passion for performing.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow, Maynard, get a stage presence. I know these guys aren't the run and jump around the stage kind of band, but watching these guys play was about this exciting-

I saw them the last time they were here, and they kicked ass. Maynard was into the show, he didn't look like he showed up for a job. I was very disappointed in this regard.

I liked the set list and the laser show, especially combined with Wings, which is my favorite song off the new album. I really wanted to hear Parabola, but no big deal. The vocals seemed a bit drowned out, but it may have been where I was seated, which was at the back of the arena looking straight at the stage.

I tend to enjoy shows based on stage presence and the overall energy of the band, so I would rate this as a 4/10- and I will pass if I have a chance to see them again. I'm a huge fan, and I hate to seem like I'm ragging on them, but it looked to me like they have lost the passion for performing.
OFFLINE |  
cutthroat50's Avatar cutthroat50
05-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Great show down in good ole' ABQ. This was the third show in four days for me so it was a great feeling to finally see them in the hometown again. I really liked the camera that shows Danny's legs and arms during the 46 & 2 solo. And I think it was in one more song but I can't remember which one right off hand. I know everyone complains about the short setlist and the lack of change on the setlist. But after seeing them in Cruces, Tucson, and Abq, it's apparent why they go with this setlist. The band takes you on a voyage, starts you off on a high, slowly takes you around the universe and then totally blows you away at the end of the show. Great shows, great crowds. Let me say this ABQ we were a lot louder than Cruces and possibly even Tucson. Thanks TOOL
Old 05-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show down in good ole' ABQ. This was the third show in four days for me so it was a great feeling to finally see them in the hometown again. I really liked the camera that shows Danny's legs and arms during the 46 & 2 solo. And I think it was in one more song but I can't remember which one right off hand. I know everyone complains about the short setlist and the lack of change on the setlist. But after seeing them in Cruces, Tucson, and Abq, it's apparent why they go with this setlist. The band takes you on a voyage, starts you off on a high, slowly takes you around the universe and then totally blows you away at the end of the show. Great shows, great crowds. Let me say this ABQ we were a lot louder than Cruces and possibly even Tucson. Thanks TOOL
05-09-2007, 05:30 PM

"What's the smell?" probably alluring to the leftover stench from the last rodeo...
I hope someone got a picture of maynard in the cowboy hat, don't know if he has been sporting that gear for the rest of the southwestern shows but that was pretty funny!!

Anyway, thought the show was really great the sound was excellent, setlist was great, although you could listen to them perform all their songs and still not be totally satisfied... and the stage and lazer show was outstanding. All in all a great show, if they were a bit rusty at the start of the tour, they showed no signs of it here. Maynard was obviously into the show, even though he didn't talk much but seriously do you go to see Tool to have a nice chat or to hear Maynard sing come on, the maynard dance is back!!!
My only 2 complaints:
1. Maynards vocals could have been just a tad louder or maybe it was were i was sitting....
2. No beer stands selling beer??? i know we have a bad DWI reputation here in the state but i just wanted 1 really....

Excellent show!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

"What's the smell?" probably alluring to the leftover stench from the last rodeo...
I hope someone got a picture of maynard in the cowboy hat, don't know if he has been sporting that gear for the rest of the southwestern shows but that was pretty funny!!

Anyway, thought the show was really great the sound was excellent, setlist was great, although you could listen to them perform all their songs and still not be totally satisfied... and the stage and lazer show was outstanding. All in all a great show, if they were a bit rusty at the start of the tour, they showed no signs of it here. Maynard was obviously into the show, even though he didn't talk much but seriously do you go to see Tool to have a nice chat or to hear Maynard sing come on, the maynard dance is back!!!
My only 2 complaints:
1. Maynards vocals could have been just a tad louder or maybe it was were i was sitting....
2. No beer stands selling beer??? i know we have a bad DWI reputation here in the state but i just wanted 1 really....

Excellent show!!
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM

HOLY SHIT............
Tool blew my mind
i was almost brought to fricken tears during RIT and Wings
Laturalus was so frickin crazy

Kinsiki just needs a singer and im sure theyll be an ok band
Old 05-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 272

HOLY SHIT............
Tool blew my mind
i was almost brought to fricken tears during RIT and Wings
Laturalus was so frickin crazy

Kinsiki just needs a singer and im sure theyll be an ok band
OFFLINE |  
Toolshedd
05-09-2007, 10:39 PM

Well Well WELL....We've seen the band a handful of times on this tour and it's better and tighter everytime. I have a few things to add in.

1. Albuquerque is a fanTAStic place to see a concert. We New Mexicans have so few things to be fanatic about that what we DO have gets our full attention. Makes me proud to live here...

2. About the repetitive setlists.....this tour will probably be the only time we will be able to see songs like 10000 Days, LK, Intention, etc...live. On previous tours, the setlists were always heavy on songs from the album that Tool was promoting at the time, and it'll be the same on future tours. It sucks for younger fans that have never gotten to see Sober, or Prison Sex or many of the other greats, but just enjoy what we're getting now, because Tool will not keep it the same the next time...

3. Tingley Coliseum is a DINOSAUR!! Until Tuesday, I've never liked the sound in that place, but I have to say that Tool's techs got it nearly perfect. Maynard was not nearly loud enough, and Adam's guitar was sometimes overbearing, but those are MINOR complaints. The sound was PHENOMENAL.

4. Someone texted my son during the show and asked what the light and laser show was like and his response was "it's like a wonderfully warm and safe drug trip!" Pretty good description. I admit that I got lost in the lasers and lights multiple times and stopped paying attention to the band!!

5. Nobody enjoys drinking a beer more than I, and while I admit I was a little disappointed that there were no beer sales at Tingley, it's become a much better place to catch a show without alcohol....It just DOES something to people in Albuquerque in Metal show settings!! Brings out the inner demons or something!

For the remaining 36 cities where Tool is currently coming, GET READY!!!! The setlists will not change much at all, but it does NOT MATTER... Tool gets better and better with every show. After nearly a full year on the road, you'd think they would be tiring out, but not so!! Thanks fellas for rocking Albuquerque's FACES OFF
Old 05-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Well Well WELL....We've seen the band a handful of times on this tour and it's better and tighter everytime. I have a few things to add in.

1. Albuquerque is a fanTAStic place to see a concert. We New Mexicans have so few things to be fanatic about that what we DO have gets our full attention. Makes me proud to live here...

2. About the repetitive setlists.....this tour will probably be the only time we will be able to see songs like 10000 Days, LK, Intention, etc...live. On previous tours, the setlists were always heavy on songs from the album that Tool was promoting at the time, and it'll be the same on future tours. It sucks for younger fans that have never gotten to see Sober, or Prison Sex or many of the other greats, but just enjoy what we're getting now, because Tool will not keep it the same the next time...

3. Tingley Coliseum is a DINOSAUR!! Until Tuesday, I've never liked the sound in that place, but I have to say that Tool's techs got it nearly perfect. Maynard was not nearly loud enough, and Adam's guitar was sometimes overbearing, but those are MINOR complaints. The sound was PHENOMENAL.

4. Someone texted my son during the show and asked what the light and laser show was like and his response was "it's like a wonderfully warm and safe drug trip!" Pretty good description. I admit that I got lost in the lasers and lights multiple times and stopped paying attention to the band!!

5. Nobody enjoys drinking a beer more than I, and while I admit I was a little disappointed that there were no beer sales at Tingley, it's become a much better place to catch a show without alcohol....It just DOES something to people in Albuquerque in Metal show settings!! Brings out the inner demons or something!

For the remaining 36 cities where Tool is currently coming, GET READY!!!! The setlists will not change much at all, but it does NOT MATTER... Tool gets better and better with every show. After nearly a full year on the road, you'd think they would be tiring out, but not so!! Thanks fellas for rocking Albuquerque's FACES OFF
OFFLINE |  
stroud34's Avatar stroud34
05-10-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nman406 View Post

Prolly cause maynard hates being the center of attention....[why he's never up front]
its all about the music bro
Old 05-10-2007, 06:03 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nman406 View Post

Prolly cause maynard hates being the center of attention....[why he's never up front]
OFFLINE |  
licks and teeches's Avatar licks and teeches
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM

I'm a lttle late posting but TOOL turned my brain to shit Tuesday night and I'm finally back on this planet.What's to say that hasn't been ? TOOL have solidified themselves as the greatest live act running ,I mean their albums can't be touched by any other artist,but their live show just completely transcends any musical expierience that I could conjure up.
The perfect symbiosis of light,sound,art,and positive energy goes far beyond the realm of "rock concert" for me it's a spiritual cleansing .I only hope to see them again,probably in another 5 yrs. but the wait is so worth it.and to the people who bitch about Tool not playing any older material,hey,TOOL has evolved into something else here in 2007,back in '93 they were alot younger and pissed off,now it seems they have been able to channel the frustration with a healing commentary that makes us cycle through all our emotions and feeling fantastic when it's all said and done.Thank you TOOL for coming to this great state of New Mexico twice in a week I'll never forget it !! PEace out Toolies!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'm a lttle late posting but TOOL turned my brain to shit Tuesday night and I'm finally back on this planet.What's to say that hasn't been ? TOOL have solidified themselves as the greatest live act running ,I mean their albums can't be touched by any other artist,but their live show just completely transcends any musical expierience that I could conjure up.
The perfect symbiosis of light,sound,art,and positive energy goes far beyond the realm of "rock concert" for me it's a spiritual cleansing .I only hope to see them again,probably in another 5 yrs. but the wait is so worth it.and to the people who bitch about Tool not playing any older material,hey,TOOL has evolved into something else here in 2007,back in '93 they were alot younger and pissed off,now it seems they have been able to channel the frustration with a healing commentary that makes us cycle through all our emotions and feeling fantastic when it's all said and done.Thank you TOOL for coming to this great state of New Mexico twice in a week I'll never forget it !! PEace out Toolies!!!
05-10-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroud34 View Post
Doesn't like attention?

The last time I saw Tool he was wearing a sumo diaper while covered in glow in the dark body paint.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroud34 View Post
Doesn't like attention?

The last time I saw Tool he was wearing a sumo diaper while covered in glow in the dark body paint.
OFFLINE |  
3eyeswide
05-11-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by licks and teeches View Post
and to the people who bitch about Tool not playing any older material,hey,TOOL has evolved into something else here in 2007,back in '93 they were alot younger and pissed off,now it seems they have been able to channel the frustration with a healing commentary that makes us cycle through all our emotions and feeling fantastic when it's all said and done.Thank you TOOL for coming to this great state of New Mexico twice in a week I'll never forget it !! PEace out Toolies!!!
I know we're not supposed to respond to what other people say, but this guy already did. Is it just me, or is VICARIOUS not a pretty darn angry song? Nothing against it, I love the song, but in my opinion, there's nothing happy or "healing" about that song, and its off of 10,000 Days (obviously) which is their new album, going to show that to find angry Tool music you don't have to go back to '93. Same thing for The Pot, although The Pot is not as angry as Vicarious is. Yes, a lot of their new material is more calm, but there is still anger there. Just my opinion though.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #16
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by licks and teeches View Post
and to the people who bitch about Tool not playing any older material,hey,TOOL has evolved into something else here in 2007,back in '93 they were alot younger and pissed off,now it seems they have been able to channel the frustration with a healing commentary that makes us cycle through all our emotions and feeling fantastic when it's all said and done.Thank you TOOL for coming to this great state of New Mexico twice in a week I'll never forget it !! PEace out Toolies!!!
I know we're not supposed to respond to what other people say, but this guy already did. Is it just me, or is VICARIOUS not a pretty darn angry song? Nothing against it, I love the song, but in my opinion, there's nothing happy or "healing" about that song, and its off of 10,000 Days (obviously) which is their new album, going to show that to find angry Tool music you don't have to go back to '93. Same thing for The Pot, although The Pot is not as angry as Vicarious is. Yes, a lot of their new material is more calm, but there is still anger there. Just my opinion though.
OFFLINE |  
dclxvi-qas's Avatar dclxvi-qas
05-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Dang...

Finally getting around to writing a little something about Tues nites show.

My wife and I inadvertently took a wrong turn and inadventently paid some lady for parking and inadvertently found us on the inside of the racetrack. the line seemed pretty short so we jumped in.

after getting my nuts massaged and asked if i had anything else on me... we ended up in the Ticketfast line. Woopee... our own line.

We bought a couple of items equaling $118.00 at the merchandise booth, we got our wristbands and sat on the floor for about an hour? something like that. Security kept telling us to move up closer… wtf.

Any closer and we’d be sitting asshole to belly button. This isn’t bootcamp fukers.

Kinski was ok, kinda disrespectful when people yell out "we want TOOL!" “Wheres TOOL?” when they know that obviously there is going to be an opening act. lots and lots of dumbass people in the world i guess.

But Kinskis' guitarist, the one next to the bass player was probably the highest person there. he looked more stoned or drunk than the bass player. but overall, asides from the one fuk up he had, that royally pissed of the drummer, by the talkative guitarist, they did an alright job.

overall i suppose i could manage to illegally download their music.

Tool...

damn, that was probably the greatest show ive ever witnessed. even though Maynard seemed a bit bored by it. all thru the show i was waiting for that one little incident that would piss off the Touchy One. but it didnt happen, thank god.

so we got a good show. i think the fact that they werent serving alcohol for the show was a major factor in how chill most people were. now i cant say that about the junkies and the tweakers, but at least they were on semi-good behavior for the show.

now the gay retarded frat boys and nu-metal wannabees are a little different. im not even gonna get into that.

i had a good time once we backed up from the above aforementioned who seemed to think that there were not nearly enough people in the front and not nearly enough moshing to be had.

we retreated about 20 feet after elbowing a few assholes in the face who thought i was tryin to mosh with them while trying to squeeze by. some midget frat boy, yelling, "who are you!, who are you???" tried to push my wife over while she squeezed by. so i kneed him in the nose and he walked off holding his bleeding, broken nose.

after that, everyone was cool in our area. even the people who had been wildly flailing around inconsiderately stopped and enjoyed the rest of the show.

the lasers were kick ass, i think we were right in the middle from the stage and the soundboard, and the sound was much better than the front.

overall we had a killer time, aside from a few dumbasses, everything went well. for the most part, i think most of the people there would have torn apart anyone who would have tried to pull something that would hamper the band from delivering a kick ass show.

The highlights for me were Right In Two, 10,000 Days and Lateralus and the laser show and visuals. The visuals for Right in Two had such a hopeless, defeated air about them.

Someone posted something somewhere about this show being an antidote for the weak PHX show at the Cricket in sept… very well put. This more than made up for that.

Last side note, some guy in the box seats got all asshurt because he had caught the drumhead, (well… sorta caught it) and someone reached in and tried to swipe it but it ended up going into a different section altogether. He looked so dejected and angry… walked right out, probably cried himself to sleep.

Well, I almost caught the one that flew over my head, just out of reach, but we all had a laugh about it in my section and resumed our lives.

I felt like saying fuk it to work the next morning and heading up to Colo Springs for the next nights show. But in the end, we went back to our lives, our bills, our problems… but for a few hours, on Tues night, we were transported to a different world with no problems, not a single care in the world except retarded frat boys.

I hope they come back to either phx/tucson or nm. Ill be there.

Last edited by dclxvi-qas; 05-11-2007 at 12:12 PM..
Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #17
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Dang...

Finally getting around to writing a little something about Tues nites show.

My wife and I inadvertently took a wrong turn and inadventently paid some lady for parking and inadvertently found us on the inside of the racetrack. the line seemed pretty short so we jumped in.

after getting my nuts massaged and asked if i had anything else on me... we ended up in the Ticketfast line. Woopee... our own line.

We bought a couple of items equaling $118.00 at the merchandise booth, we got our wristbands and sat on the floor for about an hour? something like that. Security kept telling us to move up closer… wtf.

Any closer and we’d be sitting asshole to belly button. This isn’t bootcamp fukers.

Kinski was ok, kinda disrespectful when people yell out "we want TOOL!" “Wheres TOOL?” when they know that obviously there is going to be an opening act. lots and lots of dumbass people in the world i guess.

But Kinskis' guitarist, the one next to the bass player was probably the highest person there. he looked more stoned or drunk than the bass player. but overall, asides from the one fuk up he had, that royally pissed of the drummer, by the talkative guitarist, they did an alright job.

overall i suppose i could manage to illegally download their music.

Tool...

damn, that was probably the greatest show ive ever witnessed. even though Maynard seemed a bit bored by it. all thru the show i was waiting for that one little incident that would piss off the Touchy One. but it didnt happen, thank god.

so we got a good show. i think the fact that they werent serving alcohol for the show was a major factor in how chill most people were. now i cant say that about the junkies and the tweakers, but at least they were on semi-good behavior for the show.

now the gay retarded frat boys and nu-metal wannabees are a little different. im not even gonna get into that.

i had a good time once we backed up from the above aforementioned who seemed to think that there were not nearly enough people in the front and not nearly enough moshing to be had.

we retreated about 20 feet after elbowing a few assholes in the face who thought i was tryin to mosh with them while trying to squeeze by. some midget frat boy, yelling, "who are you!, who are you???" tried to push my wife over while she squeezed by. so i kneed him in the nose and he walked off holding his bleeding, broken nose.

after that, everyone was cool in our area. even the people who had been wildly flailing around inconsiderately stopped and enjoyed the rest of the show.

the lasers were kick ass, i think we were right in the middle from the stage and the soundboard, and the sound was much better than the front.

overall we had a killer time, aside from a few dumbasses, everything went well. for the most part, i think most of the people there would have torn apart anyone who would have tried to pull something that would hamper the band from delivering a kick ass show.

The highlights for me were Right In Two, 10,000 Days and Lateralus and the laser show and visuals. The visuals for Right in Two had such a hopeless, defeated air about them.

Someone posted something somewhere about this show being an antidote for the weak PHX show at the Cricket in sept… very well put. This more than made up for that.

Last side note, some guy in the box seats got all asshurt because he had caught the drumhead, (well… sorta caught it) and someone reached in and tried to swipe it but it ended up going into a different section altogether. He looked so dejected and angry… walked right out, probably cried himself to sleep.

Well, I almost caught the one that flew over my head, just out of reach, but we all had a laugh about it in my section and resumed our lives.

I felt like saying fuk it to work the next morning and heading up to Colo Springs for the next nights show. But in the end, we went back to our lives, our bills, our problems… but for a few hours, on Tues night, we were transported to a different world with no problems, not a single care in the world except retarded frat boys.

I hope they come back to either phx/tucson or nm. Ill be there.

Last edited by dclxvi-qas; 05-11-2007 at 12:12 PM..
OFFLINE |  
daryl
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM

All I can say is GREAT FUCKING SHOW!!!!! While I think the setlist could have been better, and I would have loved a beer or two, overall it was great and more than made up for the Phoenix show!!!!! I would see them again in a heartbeat!!!! It was a great vacation from this bullshit three ring circus............
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

All I can say is GREAT FUCKING SHOW!!!!! While I think the setlist could have been better, and I would have loved a beer or two, overall it was great and more than made up for the Phoenix show!!!!! I would see them again in a heartbeat!!!! It was a great vacation from this bullshit three ring circus............
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply