Sober
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænima

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 04-28-2007 at 05:58 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116
2007/04/27 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 and 2
Schism
Rosetta stoned
Sober
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænima

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]

Last edited by paraflux; 04-28-2007 at 05:58 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Quadropheniac
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM

OK Here is my best recollection I'm still buzzed and my ears are ringin

Jambi
Stinkfist
schism
46n2
rosetta stoned
wings
sober
lateralus
vicarious
Aenima
sorry i forgot therest
They were rusty but awesome nonetheless. A friggin awesome laser light show throughout the show.
Tool is just getting warmed up for tomorrow. I'm sure they'll play the pot tomorrow because they didn't tonight.

Last edited by Quadropheniac; 04-27-2007 at 11:00 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/27 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

OK Here is my best recollection I'm still buzzed and my ears are ringin

Jambi
Stinkfist
schism
46n2
rosetta stoned
wings
sober
lateralus
vicarious
Aenima
sorry i forgot therest
They were rusty but awesome nonetheless. A friggin awesome laser light show throughout the show.
Tool is just getting warmed up for tomorrow. I'm sure they'll play the pot tomorrow because they didn't tonight.

Last edited by Quadropheniac; 04-27-2007 at 11:00 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Quadropheniac
04-27-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSecondSun View Post
If this setlist is true.....then, just, wow. I'm utterly speechless as to the let down that is to be of this tour.
Ya they were all having a tough time. During Schism Justin missed a few notes. Adam's heil talkbox seemed to have a problem and he improvised with this amazing solo.
Maynard's voice struggled during lateralus but we were all happy to sing for him LOL

All in all it was pretty sweet. The venue is very small and every seat was great. I think they played wings for marie too
Old 04-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSecondSun View Post
If this setlist is true.....then, just, wow. I'm utterly speechless as to the let down that is to be of this tour.
Ya they were all having a tough time. During Schism Justin missed a few notes. Adam's heil talkbox seemed to have a problem and he improvised with this amazing solo.
Maynard's voice struggled during lateralus but we were all happy to sing for him LOL

All in all it was pretty sweet. The venue is very small and every seat was great. I think they played wings for marie too
OFFLINE |  
Lestat
04-27-2007, 11:06 PM

i wasn't expecting any new songs. here is what the setlist will include this tour:

Stinkfist
46+2
Schism
Vicarious
Aenima
Lateralus

Pick one of these:
Sober
Opiate
Swamp Song

Pick one:
Jambi
The Pot

Pick Two of these:
Wings for Marie pt 1 and 2
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (rare)
Old 04-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

i wasn't expecting any new songs. here is what the setlist will include this tour:

Stinkfist
46+2
Schism
Vicarious
Aenima
Lateralus

Pick one of these:
Sober
Opiate
Swamp Song

Pick one:
Jambi
The Pot

Pick Two of these:
Wings for Marie pt 1 and 2
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two (rare)
OFFLINE |  
Lurker1
04-27-2007, 11:23 PM

Did anyone else have problems getting into this show,, I read some posts back that there was a problem with the confirming tickets, but I bought tickets on ebay and they said on the tickets April 27th, and I get to the door and they told me to go to the Box Office and they told me there the tickets were refunded and they were no good,, I dont understand how that can be when they said April 27th on them
Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Did anyone else have problems getting into this show,, I read some posts back that there was a problem with the confirming tickets, but I bought tickets on ebay and they said on the tickets April 27th, and I get to the door and they told me to go to the Box Office and they told me there the tickets were refunded and they were no good,, I dont understand how that can be when they said April 27th on them
OFFLINE |  
filosofy
04-27-2007, 11:46 PM

This was my third TOOL show, first review. I saw them last September at the Hard Rock parking lot and in 2002 at the Thomas & Mack.

I was sitting on the top shelf, middle of the balcony, second row, seat 25.

The sound from up there was the best I've heard anywhere. At the Thomas & Mack I was up front, so after Tomahawk, my ears were useless after about three TOOL songs .

I was struck by how well they transition between songs. They flowed together so well. If I had a ticket tomorrow and it was the same fucking setlist, I don't I would care.

The energy during and after the show was great except for the people who wouldn't stop screaming during Wings.

That drum jam during Lateralus was the shit. John who?

This was the first time I was really able to get the visual experience. The lasers came to my feet during that whole latticework thing. The geometry on the monitors was awesome. A fucking box of eye/ear/nose (provided by the audience) candy.

The light show was fucking awesome. At the Theater Under The Stars they didn't have the tapestry above the band, or the lasers. I think it was a Comfort Inn sign, or something, instead. Add the cabs driving by and the planes coming in, and it was nothing like tonight's show.

First time I'd really been able to hear a Tool show this well. This venue sounded incredible. I was on the aisle, which was a mixed blessing, but I had no one on my left. About three songs in the big dude on my right took his girl somewhere, so I had my own little space. It was fucking, yeah.

I have to be up in five hours, so I'll finish tomorrow.

edit: THANKS ONE, FOR THE TICKET.

They played extended Schism, unextended Stinkfist.

edit again: to everyone whining about the setlist - stay home and listen to your iPod.

Last edited by filosofy; 04-27-2007 at 11:52 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

This was my third TOOL show, first review. I saw them last September at the Hard Rock parking lot and in 2002 at the Thomas & Mack.

I was sitting on the top shelf, middle of the balcony, second row, seat 25.

The sound from up there was the best I've heard anywhere. At the Thomas & Mack I was up front, so after Tomahawk, my ears were useless after about three TOOL songs .

I was struck by how well they transition between songs. They flowed together so well. If I had a ticket tomorrow and it was the same fucking setlist, I don't I would care.

The energy during and after the show was great except for the people who wouldn't stop screaming during Wings.

That drum jam during Lateralus was the shit. John who?

This was the first time I was really able to get the visual experience. The lasers came to my feet during that whole latticework thing. The geometry on the monitors was awesome. A fucking box of eye/ear/nose (provided by the audience) candy.

The light show was fucking awesome. At the Theater Under The Stars they didn't have the tapestry above the band, or the lasers. I think it was a Comfort Inn sign, or something, instead. Add the cabs driving by and the planes coming in, and it was nothing like tonight's show.

First time I'd really been able to hear a Tool show this well. This venue sounded incredible. I was on the aisle, which was a mixed blessing, but I had no one on my left. About three songs in the big dude on my right took his girl somewhere, so I had my own little space. It was fucking, yeah.

I have to be up in five hours, so I'll finish tomorrow.

edit: THANKS ONE, FOR THE TICKET.

They played extended Schism, unextended Stinkfist.

edit again: to everyone whining about the setlist - stay home and listen to your iPod.

Last edited by filosofy; 04-27-2007 at 11:52 PM..
OFFLINE |  
vegascott
04-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Wow what A show - this was my 10th time seeing Tool and 3rd time this tour - Great Venue too - The band had so much engery and it seemed like they missed playing together - Danny i bet the injury is still bothering you - I seen your arm wrapped up during the Break - im so glad your back - Anyone know who the guy in the coat was who helped Danny at the end of Lateralus ?? They played for 2 hours - thats right 2 whole ass kicking hours - and they played Wings 1 &2 which ive been waiting for ! Maynard was upbeat and very into it tonight as he usually is when he invades Sin City !! - We had tickets 1st row and u can go down to the pit bang around then go right back a couple of feet to your seats very tight - They where awesome tonight - We where right next to the Maloof Boys and did anyone see them let those 5 chicks sit right next to the stage for a minute - The Maloof brothers rolled with 15 chicks between the 2 of them !! This is the greatest band in the world !! Like Mjk said " See you tomorrow night "" PEACE!!
Old 04-28-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Wow what A show - this was my 10th time seeing Tool and 3rd time this tour - Great Venue too - The band had so much engery and it seemed like they missed playing together - Danny i bet the injury is still bothering you - I seen your arm wrapped up during the Break - im so glad your back - Anyone know who the guy in the coat was who helped Danny at the end of Lateralus ?? They played for 2 hours - thats right 2 whole ass kicking hours - and they played Wings 1 &2 which ive been waiting for ! Maynard was upbeat and very into it tonight as he usually is when he invades Sin City !! - We had tickets 1st row and u can go down to the pit bang around then go right back a couple of feet to your seats very tight - They where awesome tonight - We where right next to the Maloof Boys and did anyone see them let those 5 chicks sit right next to the stage for a minute - The Maloof brothers rolled with 15 chicks between the 2 of them !! This is the greatest band in the world !! Like Mjk said " See you tomorrow night "" PEACE!!
OFFLINE |  
BlueHalo's Avatar BlueHalo
04-28-2007, 12:05 AM

such a bad show for me. Same songs, same stage setup, same piece of crap laser, a little more different visuals from adam.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13

such a bad show for me. Same songs, same stage setup, same piece of crap laser, a little more different visuals from adam.
OFFLINE |  
BlueHalo's Avatar BlueHalo
04-28-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneandy View Post
I agree...This will be my second Tool show, saw them Lateralus tour... I don't care what songs they play it is TOOL...In either way they will take you to our beginnings our ending and our inbetweens no matter what songs they sing....TOOL FUCKING RULES!!!

fucking bullshit. This is the 3rd time in Vegas in a year and if you had seen them 3 times with the same setlist, then I doubt that you wouldn't care for them to mix it up
Old 04-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneandy View Post
I agree...This will be my second Tool show, saw them Lateralus tour... I don't care what songs they play it is TOOL...In either way they will take you to our beginnings our ending and our inbetweens no matter what songs they sing....TOOL FUCKING RULES!!!

fucking bullshit. This is the 3rd time in Vegas in a year and if you had seen them 3 times with the same setlist, then I doubt that you wouldn't care for them to mix it up
OFFLINE |  
something_Dark's Avatar something_Dark
04-28-2007, 12:12 AM

no opening act.

~Jambi

~Stinkfist

~46 and 2!!

~Schism

~Rosetta stoned

~Sober

Maynard just kissed Danny- aw

~Wings 1 and 2

~Lateralus!!

~Vicarious

~Ænima

that's what I got from the original thread as well. someone told me that they are going to be doing a lot of Jamming out this tour. Tool will become the next fish? I would like to see Porcupine tree open up for Tool.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 130

no opening act.

~Jambi

~Stinkfist

~46 and 2!!

~Schism

~Rosetta stoned

~Sober

Maynard just kissed Danny- aw

~Wings 1 and 2

~Lateralus!!

~Vicarious

~Ænima

that's what I got from the original thread as well. someone told me that they are going to be doing a lot of Jamming out this tour. Tool will become the next fish? I would like to see Porcupine tree open up for Tool.
OFFLINE |  
vegascott
04-28-2007, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHalo View Post
Yeah nothing from Opiate and 1 song from Undertow so yeah it could have been more diverse but they still rock tho and they played 2 hours which is rare
Old 04-28-2007, 12:13 AM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Yeah nothing from Opiate and 1 song from Undertow so yeah it could have been more diverse but they still rock tho and they played 2 hours which is rare
OFFLINE |  
Quadropheniac
04-28-2007, 12:14 AM

There were over a dozen gorgeous PLAYBOY bunnies that walked across the mezzanine during the show, all dressed up in there bunny outfits. I don't know if TOOL had anything to do with it, but every little bit counts:)
Old 04-28-2007, 12:14 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

There were over a dozen gorgeous PLAYBOY bunnies that walked across the mezzanine during the show, all dressed up in there bunny outfits. I don't know if TOOL had anything to do with it, but every little bit counts:)
OFFLINE |  
vegascott
04-28-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_Dark View Post
Sweet! I bet they are having a hell of a time tonite! Prolly got a mountain of white powder and a bunch of those Bunnies somewhere at the Hotel... Fuck I need to get out of iowa!
Haha yeah these guys are serious players - The point is tho Tool kicked ass once again - Setlist issues aside -
Old 04-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_Dark View Post
Sweet! I bet they are having a hell of a time tonite! Prolly got a mountain of white powder and a bunch of those Bunnies somewhere at the Hotel... Fuck I need to get out of iowa!
Haha yeah these guys are serious players - The point is tho Tool kicked ass once again - Setlist issues aside -
OFFLINE |  
UndertowCon46
04-28-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Right on man... Tool is still putting on great shows, and I'm sure if this is your first show you're gonna be pumped about it. But for us guys that are following them all tour, this is their weakest job ever. Zero variety. I absolutely hate to talk about this but everyone who has seen them before 10,000 days can confirm this... Maynard can't sing anymore. Not like he used to anyway. No yells. Ever. Sometimes he won't even sing "hard" stuff like the weak ending to Vicarious. Keep in mind when I say weak I mean comparred to lets say.... 30 second yell in The Grudge. He apparently struggled to sing Lateralus tonight and the crowd helped?! Struggled where, there aren't any challenging vocal parts in that song. Before I get bashed, understand I'm a huge fan... This is just discussing the cold hard truth of why there has been and will be no variety on this tour. Forget about the Grudge, Eulogy, 4 Degrees, ect ect ect. Hell, they aren't even going to play Parabola, you know, that song that was only a HIT SINGLE of their last album (vocally challenging). They're playing all their singles and radio songs, yet Parabola is mysteriously absent... gee wonder why. I'm telling you guys, that is why the set is as it is.

Just thought of a counter argument somebody might throw, yeah I know they played Opiate this tour. We both want, to RAPE YOU was Maynard practically speaking the line and an effect enhancing its length, ie: simulated yell.

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 04-28-2007 at 12:36 AM..
Old 04-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Right on man... Tool is still putting on great shows, and I'm sure if this is your first show you're gonna be pumped about it. But for us guys that are following them all tour, this is their weakest job ever. Zero variety. I absolutely hate to talk about this but everyone who has seen them before 10,000 days can confirm this... Maynard can't sing anymore. Not like he used to anyway. No yells. Ever. Sometimes he won't even sing "hard" stuff like the weak ending to Vicarious. Keep in mind when I say weak I mean comparred to lets say.... 30 second yell in The Grudge. He apparently struggled to sing Lateralus tonight and the crowd helped?! Struggled where, there aren't any challenging vocal parts in that song. Before I get bashed, understand I'm a huge fan... This is just discussing the cold hard truth of why there has been and will be no variety on this tour. Forget about the Grudge, Eulogy, 4 Degrees, ect ect ect. Hell, they aren't even going to play Parabola, you know, that song that was only a HIT SINGLE of their last album (vocally challenging). They're playing all their singles and radio songs, yet Parabola is mysteriously absent... gee wonder why. I'm telling you guys, that is why the set is as it is.

Just thought of a counter argument somebody might throw, yeah I know they played Opiate this tour. We both want, to RAPE YOU was Maynard practically speaking the line and an effect enhancing its length, ie: simulated yell.

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 04-28-2007 at 12:36 AM..
OFFLINE |  
UndertowCon46
04-28-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascott View Post
Nothing lasts forever ! I remember him just belting out vocals like a deamon too- but things change - This could be the last tour i always think as i leave the venue - But some diversity would be just beyond awesome !
You're absolutely right, and thats why I'll still go to more shows after tonight. Every one I can afford. Every one I've left this tour, I've also thought "this could be it". My last post was extremely cynical, but thats just frustrations I'm letting out on an internet message board. Tool was and always will be the most important, influential band in my life. Doesn't get better than that.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascott View Post
Nothing lasts forever ! I remember him just belting out vocals like a deamon too- but things change - This could be the last tour i always think as i leave the venue - But some diversity would be just beyond awesome !
You're absolutely right, and thats why I'll still go to more shows after tonight. Every one I can afford. Every one I've left this tour, I've also thought "this could be it". My last post was extremely cynical, but thats just frustrations I'm letting out on an internet message board. Tool was and always will be the most important, influential band in my life. Doesn't get better than that.
OFFLINE |  
vegascott
04-28-2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndertowCon46 View Post
You made some good points tho - Im going tomorrow night aswell and im sure ill hear the same songs minus plus 1 maybe - But as you no being a fan for a long time you know what your getting with them - Do you see another album and tour after this ? I pray they do but most likely this will be it - So just enjoy one last time hearing the Stinkfists and the Sobers and whatever else they decide to throw our way - With this band you never no lf thats the last time you see them again . I useta be alittle upset when i wished they played Pushit or Parabol or Jerkoff something that justs assaults your sences - But this is 2007 and those of us who remember past tours years ago are lucky and will forver boast of better tours better setlists etc !
Old 04-28-2007, 12:53 AM   #16
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndertowCon46 View Post
You made some good points tho - Im going tomorrow night aswell and im sure ill hear the same songs minus plus 1 maybe - But as you no being a fan for a long time you know what your getting with them - Do you see another album and tour after this ? I pray they do but most likely this will be it - So just enjoy one last time hearing the Stinkfists and the Sobers and whatever else they decide to throw our way - With this band you never no lf thats the last time you see them again . I useta be alittle upset when i wished they played Pushit or Parabol or Jerkoff something that justs assaults your sences - But this is 2007 and those of us who remember past tours years ago are lucky and will forver boast of better tours better setlists etc !
OFFLINE |  
detox420
04-28-2007, 02:44 AM

dont know were to put this so...
tonight show really set in stone my undying loyalty to tool. with out doubt the most musically gifted band of our generation. but any way about the show...
the band came out and went straight to work banging out the greats. not sure of the order though. also a high light was on the top balcony rite next to me all these playboy bunnie from club playboy came up and danced. it was like i died and went to... other high lights included lasers and back screens showing old tool video clips with slight twists as well as new ones.at the end of the show the band did a group hug threw some stuff out and left the building. in short fridays show had everything a great tool show should. now i just cant wait to see saturdays show. see you there
Old 04-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

dont know were to put this so...
tonight show really set in stone my undying loyalty to tool. with out doubt the most musically gifted band of our generation. but any way about the show...
the band came out and went straight to work banging out the greats. not sure of the order though. also a high light was on the top balcony rite next to me all these playboy bunnie from club playboy came up and danced. it was like i died and went to... other high lights included lasers and back screens showing old tool video clips with slight twists as well as new ones.at the end of the show the band did a group hug threw some stuff out and left the building. in short fridays show had everything a great tool show should. now i just cant wait to see saturdays show. see you there
OFFLINE |  
trickma's Avatar trickma
04-28-2007, 04:49 AM

fark man, i waited ages for this gig just to see the setlist, WHAT THE FUCK

why are they still neglecting their other gems???

The Grudge?? Eulogy?? H?? Parabola? Will we ever see these songs live in this life? blah!

Im disappointed..
Old 04-28-2007, 04:49 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

fark man, i waited ages for this gig just to see the setlist, WHAT THE FUCK

why are they still neglecting their other gems???

The Grudge?? Eulogy?? H?? Parabola? Will we ever see these songs live in this life? blah!

Im disappointed..
OFFLINE |  
FlpFlpsnsox
04-28-2007, 07:21 AM

For those who want a thorough posting I'll try my best but some of the details are a little blurry...

Tool did not have an opening band and I doubt they will for the rest of the upcoming dates. An opener would have probobly got people into their seats a bit faster. Tool didn't go on until about 9:00.

The Pearl was pretty impressive. I was thinking I would be a little underwhelmed with the venue but was actually very impressed. The views are all good. I was in the third to last row and still had a great seat. The sound was great too. The guy next to me went to get a beer part way through and he said the sound was even better just a bit lower but like I said the sound was great.

Maynard wore jeans and the cowbay hat as usual with the mowhawk. He had a black Tshirt on instead of going shirtless and I think it was just plain black. Adam and Justin wore all black and Danny had on shorts and a jersey as usual.

When they started out with Jambi I thaught they might change up the setlist a bit but as you have seen from other postings they basically just switched up the order from previous shows. The only addition I have to the setlist was that they played Lost Keys before Rosetta.

The stage setup was a cross between the mini warmup tour and the big arena stage setup. There were four screens behind Maynard and Danny with two side screens because they are attached to the walls of the Pearl. The floor was white and images were projected onto the stage. There was a big tapestry with artwork that went up to the cieling behind the screens and the big circular rings of lights hung from the cieling. A pretty bad-ass stage set if you ask me. I like the combination of the bigger screens with the white floor and of course the green lasers were pretty awesome. The clouds in the laser beams when they played Wings was fucking great. You might be like 'how cool can lasers with clouds in them be? But you really have to see it in person, it was fucking unreal.

The images on the screens were new or atleat there were some additions since the last section of the tour. Images seemed a little tighter and more about colors and a bit less 'graphic' imagery.

Jambi was a good first song. The best opener ever was when they played Lost keys and Rosetta first when I saw them in Seattle.

Maynard didn't talk much but seemed to be in a great mood. I think it was after Jambi he said something about being here for live music and that it was unpredictable or something like that. I think that got the crowd excited for something different but like I said the setlist was basically the same. Maynard also said something about 'a certain drummers arm' and somewhere around sober he asked Danny how the arm was holding up and Danny hung his limp arm at his side, kinda funny. Maynard introduced John from System of A Down before the 'Drum Battle' between him and Danny. Then at the end Maynard said 'see ya tomorrow'. He probobly said a couple other things that I can't remember right off but he didn't talk much.

The break in the extended version of Stinkfist seemed to be in a bit of a different spot but I may be wrong. The sped up part in Schism was super fast. Faster than I have heard in other live performaces. Rosetta went of like a fucking bomb and was proboly the best part of the show (atleast for me since I love that song), Wings was awesome as well. First time I've heard it live and they didn't disappoint.

One last thing...if the rumors of them filming a live DVD are true I didn't see any sign of cameras. Maybe they were just filming from a distance or maybe it's just us wishful fans hopingt that they are actually going to come out with a live DVD.

The venue was great, Tool kicked ass (as always), the stage was awesome and although they didn't play Pushit, H, The Grudge, Opiate (The list could go on for ever...)The performance was still A+.

Later
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

For those who want a thorough posting I'll try my best but some of the details are a little blurry...

Tool did not have an opening band and I doubt they will for the rest of the upcoming dates. An opener would have probobly got people into their seats a bit faster. Tool didn't go on until about 9:00.

The Pearl was pretty impressive. I was thinking I would be a little underwhelmed with the venue but was actually very impressed. The views are all good. I was in the third to last row and still had a great seat. The sound was great too. The guy next to me went to get a beer part way through and he said the sound was even better just a bit lower but like I said the sound was great.

Maynard wore jeans and the cowbay hat as usual with the mowhawk. He had a black Tshirt on instead of going shirtless and I think it was just plain black. Adam and Justin wore all black and Danny had on shorts and a jersey as usual.

When they started out with Jambi I thaught they might change up the setlist a bit but as you have seen from other postings they basically just switched up the order from previous shows. The only addition I have to the setlist was that they played Lost Keys before Rosetta.

The stage setup was a cross between the mini warmup tour and the big arena stage setup. There were four screens behind Maynard and Danny with two side screens because they are attached to the walls of the Pearl. The floor was white and images were projected onto the stage. There was a big tapestry with artwork that went up to the cieling behind the screens and the big circular rings of lights hung from the cieling. A pretty bad-ass stage set if you ask me. I like the combination of the bigger screens with the white floor and of course the green lasers were pretty awesome. The clouds in the laser beams when they played Wings was fucking great. You might be like 'how cool can lasers with clouds in them be? But you really have to see it in person, it was fucking unreal.

The images on the screens were new or atleat there were some additions since the last section of the tour. Images seemed a little tighter and more about colors and a bit less 'graphic' imagery.

Jambi was a good first song. The best opener ever was when they played Lost keys and Rosetta first when I saw them in Seattle.

Maynard didn't talk much but seemed to be in a great mood. I think it was after Jambi he said something about being here for live music and that it was unpredictable or something like that. I think that got the crowd excited for something different but like I said the setlist was basically the same. Maynard also said something about 'a certain drummers arm' and somewhere around sober he asked Danny how the arm was holding up and Danny hung his limp arm at his side, kinda funny. Maynard introduced John from System of A Down before the 'Drum Battle' between him and Danny. Then at the end Maynard said 'see ya tomorrow'. He probobly said a couple other things that I can't remember right off but he didn't talk much.

The break in the extended version of Stinkfist seemed to be in a bit of a different spot but I may be wrong. The sped up part in Schism was super fast. Faster than I have heard in other live performaces. Rosetta went of like a fucking bomb and was proboly the best part of the show (atleast for me since I love that song), Wings was awesome as well. First time I've heard it live and they didn't disappoint.

One last thing...if the rumors of them filming a live DVD are true I didn't see any sign of cameras. Maybe they were just filming from a distance or maybe it's just us wishful fans hopingt that they are actually going to come out with a live DVD.

The venue was great, Tool kicked ass (as always), the stage was awesome and although they didn't play Pushit, H, The Grudge, Opiate (The list could go on for ever...)The performance was still A+.

Later
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
04-28-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzanks33 View Post
I'm pretty sure they were referring to John Bonham of Led Zeppelin... He invented the Double-Bass pedals and is considered one of the greatest drummers of all time. Or are you all too young to know who that is? Maybe if they referred to someone from Fall Out Boy or Nickelback it would have been more clear for you.

except for the fact that they werent referring to john bonham. it was john the drummer from soad and that shit was fucking awesome.

and you people who werent even there quit bitching about the setlist. this show was absolutely amazing and i dont care if they play the exact same set tonight because it will be amazing too.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:28 AM   #20
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzanks33 View Post
I'm pretty sure they were referring to John Bonham of Led Zeppelin... He invented the Double-Bass pedals and is considered one of the greatest drummers of all time. Or are you all too young to know who that is? Maybe if they referred to someone from Fall Out Boy or Nickelback it would have been more clear for you.

except for the fact that they werent referring to john bonham. it was john the drummer from soad and that shit was fucking awesome.

and you people who werent even there quit bitching about the setlist. this show was absolutely amazing and i dont care if they play the exact same set tonight because it will be amazing too.
OFFLINE |  
jwb's Avatar jwb
04-28-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 steps View Post
Was there any difference in the stage setup? can someone answer this?
The backdrop was the same as the mini-tour (Four screens with a row of lights between each), and the stage was all white like the arena tour, plus lasers and shit.
Great venue and sound. Disappointing setlist, but it's come to be expected on this tour.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:41 AM   #21
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 steps View Post
Was there any difference in the stage setup? can someone answer this?
The backdrop was the same as the mini-tour (Four screens with a row of lights between each), and the stage was all white like the arena tour, plus lasers and shit.
Great venue and sound. Disappointing setlist, but it's come to be expected on this tour.
OFFLINE |  
Freshspence
04-28-2007, 07:48 AM

nothing new here - im completely mixed on emotion. as i told my wife, its mentally frustrating to walk away from a show thats so much better than any thing else out there today and be dissappointed, but thats how it was for me. pearl is great - great view, great sound, great atmosphere (i missed the bunnies though). stage and visuals and the overall performance is not to be missed, but after lateralus the dissappointment sank in when i knew what was coming (vicarious, aenima). i was really hoping they would bring the heat last night being the first show back - a new setlist, some extended jams, rarities, covers, something. they have an incredible arsenal of sound to unleash and i'll admit it sucked hearing the same songs i heard last summer/fall. but again, they put on one the best live shows via their music, energy, and visual innovations, so i will continue to go see them as much as possible. and ill keep out hope tonight brings more than the expected opiate/swamp/RI2 swap out with sober/rosetta/46&2. but deep down i think thats all the variation we'll get for tonight. im sure we'll see some new changes throughout the tour (as in 2002 the set list had some slight evolution throughout). but i was so stoked for this weekend to be the ultimate in my tool experience and while it was still probably the best overall of my 8 shows to date (due mainly to the intimate size of the Pearl and sound quality), but hearing the same songs left some dissapointment in my mouth, especially after MJK's verbal tease about live performances.

Anyway, as its been alluded, this might be the final tour, so im going to continue seeing as much as i can, and i will enjoy and appreciate the experiences they provide. and ill treasure the past shows and hearing the alternate pushit in '98 and third eye in 2002. those will always stand out.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

nothing new here - im completely mixed on emotion. as i told my wife, its mentally frustrating to walk away from a show thats so much better than any thing else out there today and be dissappointed, but thats how it was for me. pearl is great - great view, great sound, great atmosphere (i missed the bunnies though). stage and visuals and the overall performance is not to be missed, but after lateralus the dissappointment sank in when i knew what was coming (vicarious, aenima). i was really hoping they would bring the heat last night being the first show back - a new setlist, some extended jams, rarities, covers, something. they have an incredible arsenal of sound to unleash and i'll admit it sucked hearing the same songs i heard last summer/fall. but again, they put on one the best live shows via their music, energy, and visual innovations, so i will continue to go see them as much as possible. and ill keep out hope tonight brings more than the expected opiate/swamp/RI2 swap out with sober/rosetta/46&2. but deep down i think thats all the variation we'll get for tonight. im sure we'll see some new changes throughout the tour (as in 2002 the set list had some slight evolution throughout). but i was so stoked for this weekend to be the ultimate in my tool experience and while it was still probably the best overall of my 8 shows to date (due mainly to the intimate size of the Pearl and sound quality), but hearing the same songs left some dissapointment in my mouth, especially after MJK's verbal tease about live performances.

Anyway, as its been alluded, this might be the final tour, so im going to continue seeing as much as i can, and i will enjoy and appreciate the experiences they provide. and ill treasure the past shows and hearing the alternate pushit in '98 and third eye in 2002. those will always stand out.
OFFLINE |  
magitar14
04-28-2007, 07:49 AM

Please tell me somebody knows what music was playing before tool. That was the best house music Ive heard in a while.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Please tell me somebody knows what music was playing before tool. That was the best house music Ive heard in a while.
OFFLINE |  
jwb's Avatar jwb
04-28-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magitar14 View Post
I'm not sure about all of it, but I definitely heard some MUSHUGGAH?
Old 04-28-2007, 07:51 AM   #24
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I'm not sure about all of it, but I definitely heard some MUSHUGGAH?
OFFLINE |  
hifiaudio@mac.com's Avatar [email protected]
04-28-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
I heard some squarepusher and NIN. Everything else sounded like generic dnb.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
I heard some squarepusher and NIN. Everything else sounded like generic dnb.
OFFLINE |  
04-28-2007, 08:34 AM

This was my 6th Tool show, first on the rail. Being an audio engineer I was hoping for a great sound, but being that close, I was hearing more direct from amp sound and monitor mix than anything...Very little Maynard...Reguardless, it was an amazing show, great energy, great performances...Many more mistakes were made by Justin and Adam than in previous shows I've seen, but Danny was spot on...Visually amazing and for everyone bitching about the set list; don't buy a ticket, or if you have one already, I'll buy it off you....Ungreatful asses...
Old 04-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

This was my 6th Tool show, first on the rail. Being an audio engineer I was hoping for a great sound, but being that close, I was hearing more direct from amp sound and monitor mix than anything...Very little Maynard...Reguardless, it was an amazing show, great energy, great performances...Many more mistakes were made by Justin and Adam than in previous shows I've seen, but Danny was spot on...Visually amazing and for everyone bitching about the set list; don't buy a ticket, or if you have one already, I'll buy it off you....Ungreatful asses...
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM

^ true, but what band plays the exact same 12 songs for two years straight when they have 4 studio albums, one EP, and a live CD with rare versions? not many.

I don't think its unreasonable to think that they should change up the set list. The idea of the concert is to go and see Tool, this is true. Yes, it is the 10,000 Days tour, I think its possible to change up the set list and still include The Pot, Vicarious, Jambi, Wings, Rosetta, and Right in Two. But certain songs need to be retired. Sober, Schism, Aenema (i'm tired of this song), Forty-Six & Two - they can be alternated for somethign else. it's not unreasonable to ask for a different set list to make things exciting.

The Patient, Parabola, The Grudge, Pushit, Eulogy, 4 Degrees, Opiate, Jerk-Off, Undertow, - its quite possible to omit one of the songs above and put in one of these. When I saw them in 2002, it was one of the best setlists I'd seen. It was diverse, but they still managed to include the Lateralus material which was great. With the exception of Ticks & Leeches, the entire CD was represented well, with gems like 4 Degrees, and H. still present.

I'm not asking for an Aenima tour. I'm not asking for them to play No Quarter. They could play songs that I'm not all that big on. They could play Hooker w/ A Penis, and Bottom, which are not bad songs, just not ones that I'm big on - but at least something different than Forty-Six & Two and Sober - two songs I'm tired of hearing. When I saw the Deftones, and Chino (who is also losing his voice) played, he mixed it up. there was material off of every album, with a diverse set list. Its possible, Tool just doesn't want to do it.

I'm seeing them on the 11th, and while I wouldn't miss it for the world, and I'll have a great time, if its the same set list, I'll be slightly disappointed.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #27
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

^ true, but what band plays the exact same 12 songs for two years straight when they have 4 studio albums, one EP, and a live CD with rare versions? not many.

I don't think its unreasonable to think that they should change up the set list. The idea of the concert is to go and see Tool, this is true. Yes, it is the 10,000 Days tour, I think its possible to change up the set list and still include The Pot, Vicarious, Jambi, Wings, Rosetta, and Right in Two. But certain songs need to be retired. Sober, Schism, Aenema (i'm tired of this song), Forty-Six & Two - they can be alternated for somethign else. it's not unreasonable to ask for a different set list to make things exciting.

The Patient, Parabola, The Grudge, Pushit, Eulogy, 4 Degrees, Opiate, Jerk-Off, Undertow, - its quite possible to omit one of the songs above and put in one of these. When I saw them in 2002, it was one of the best setlists I'd seen. It was diverse, but they still managed to include the Lateralus material which was great. With the exception of Ticks & Leeches, the entire CD was represented well, with gems like 4 Degrees, and H. still present.

I'm not asking for an Aenima tour. I'm not asking for them to play No Quarter. They could play songs that I'm not all that big on. They could play Hooker w/ A Penis, and Bottom, which are not bad songs, just not ones that I'm big on - but at least something different than Forty-Six & Two and Sober - two songs I'm tired of hearing. When I saw the Deftones, and Chino (who is also losing his voice) played, he mixed it up. there was material off of every album, with a diverse set list. Its possible, Tool just doesn't want to do it.

I'm seeing them on the 11th, and while I wouldn't miss it for the world, and I'll have a great time, if its the same set list, I'll be slightly disappointed.
04-28-2007, 12:37 PM

Actually there really was not much of a pit, Angel. Plenty of dancing and energy but the venue made it clear up front they were not going to tolerate moshing or crowd surfing. Still the energy in the place is crazy so don't sweat that!

Hey viekley if ur readin this I think someone owes me a beverage! No Pot last night. Hoping for that tonight along w/ Right In Two.

Last edited by paraflux; 04-28-2007 at 03:53 PM..
Old 04-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Actually there really was not much of a pit, Angel. Plenty of dancing and energy but the venue made it clear up front they were not going to tolerate moshing or crowd surfing. Still the energy in the place is crazy so don't sweat that!

Hey viekley if ur readin this I think someone owes me a beverage! No Pot last night. Hoping for that tonight along w/ Right In Two.

Last edited by paraflux; 04-28-2007 at 03:53 PM..
OFFLINE |  
OneBigMob's Avatar OneBigMob
04-28-2007, 12:44 PM

I'm just disappointed the set isn't longer. Without an opening band, I was hoping for a longer set from Tool. But it's the same length as the show when they did have an opening band.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:44 PM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

I'm just disappointed the set isn't longer. Without an opening band, I was hoping for a longer set from Tool. But it's the same length as the show when they did have an opening band.
OFFLINE |  
04-28-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aevasquez View Post
Cant wait till tonite.

How was the pit?
The pit was rough...I was on the rail and having trouble holding my ground while trying to keep my 5'3" girlfriend alive...Lots of energy, just like any tool show...lots of retards wanting to release their frustration for years of beating by their stepfather w/ the ugly stick...like any tool show....I was only faced w/ one pit opening behind me for a song or two and was never under a surfer...as a matter of fact, I never saw someone being pulled out of the crowd over the rail...very sore and bruised, but not broken...so assuming you've been in a pit before, you know what to expect...get there a couple hours early if you want to get up on the rail and you're good to go....DO NOT ASK PALMS EMPLOYEES WHERE THE LINE IS...THEY'RE FUCKING ASSCLOWNS....If you have GA tix, go up the elevator just right of the front enterance...word of advice...if you're a fan of justin, get to the right, fan of adam, to the left...and expect to hear LOTS of their amps...do not expect to hear much maynard, but you'll feel every every kick and hit of dannys...I'll be up in the balcony tonight....I saw what I wanted to see up close...now it's time to experience the whole...
Old 04-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #30
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aevasquez View Post
Cant wait till tonite.

How was the pit?
The pit was rough...I was on the rail and having trouble holding my ground while trying to keep my 5'3" girlfriend alive...Lots of energy, just like any tool show...lots of retards wanting to release their frustration for years of beating by their stepfather w/ the ugly stick...like any tool show....I was only faced w/ one pit opening behind me for a song or two and was never under a surfer...as a matter of fact, I never saw someone being pulled out of the crowd over the rail...very sore and bruised, but not broken...so assuming you've been in a pit before, you know what to expect...get there a couple hours early if you want to get up on the rail and you're good to go....DO NOT ASK PALMS EMPLOYEES WHERE THE LINE IS...THEY'RE FUCKING ASSCLOWNS....If you have GA tix, go up the elevator just right of the front enterance...word of advice...if you're a fan of justin, get to the right, fan of adam, to the left...and expect to hear LOTS of their amps...do not expect to hear much maynard, but you'll feel every every kick and hit of dannys...I'll be up in the balcony tonight....I saw what I wanted to see up close...now it's time to experience the whole...
OFFLINE |  
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
04-28-2007, 12:58 PM

Well, I guess I stand corrected about the pit. It really did not seem all that bad to me, but then I wasn't in it.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #31
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Well, I guess I stand corrected about the pit. It really did not seem all that bad to me, but then I wasn't in it.
OFFLINE |  
vjtrip
04-28-2007, 01:31 PM

the show was great. Lots of sound problems though. Anyone else notice the blown speakers on the right side?

Also Maynard seemed to be saving his vocals for the rest of the tour. I wanted to hear his howl at the end of vicarious but he pointed the mic to the audience to sing it. A little disappointed overall.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #32
On Probation

the show was great. Lots of sound problems though. Anyone else notice the blown speakers on the right side?

Also Maynard seemed to be saving his vocals for the rest of the tour. I wanted to hear his howl at the end of vicarious but he pointed the mic to the audience to sing it. A little disappointed overall.
OFFLINE |  
04-28-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjtrip View Post

Sound problems??? are you sure your right ear wasn't blown after the 140 db 80 Hz before the set??? There had better not be blown speakers as i just shelled out another $250 for balcony tix to hear the "great sound system" they installed. The sound was shitty on the rail in the pit...but to be expected with no FOH speakers in front of me...
Old 04-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #33
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjtrip View Post

Sound problems??? are you sure your right ear wasn't blown after the 140 db 80 Hz before the set??? There had better not be blown speakers as i just shelled out another $250 for balcony tix to hear the "great sound system" they installed. The sound was shitty on the rail in the pit...but to be expected with no FOH speakers in front of me...
OFFLINE |  
04-28-2007, 01:46 PM

by the way, being a sound engineer, i can assure you, if the system is working properly, it should sound amazing....did you see those arays???
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #34
Level 2 - Poster

by the way, being a sound engineer, i can assure you, if the system is working properly, it should sound amazing....did you see those arays???
OFFLINE |  
gun shy's Avatar gun shy
04-28-2007, 02:17 PM

First up

This is the 10,000 days tour. You're going to hear a lot of songs from that record. Deal with it.

I've heard plenty of songs from Aenima and Lateralus on those tours.

Though I will admit I'd like a few suprises. Still yet to hear Right in Two.

I got to the Palms mid afternoon and picked up my ticket. There was a couple there arguing with the staff, obviously their tix weren't valid and they were pissed.

Gambled a bit and won some drinking and cab money. Very pleased. Everyone at the island bar before the show would of seen Blair drinking there.

Great show. Started out as the best Tool show I 've see so far. Great venue and great seats. Jambi was a cool opener. Adam talk box fucked up I guess on the solo and he switched to a foot pedal and it was still very cool. Adam had a few problems in the first three songs but it was all sorted eventually.

Up until schism was great. During the intro I decided I'd pull out my camera and take 1 picture for the memories. Without flash mind you. I got busted by a security dude and I was escorted out back. They never found the camra mind you and I never even got the shot. All I did was get out my camera. I guess I was made an example off as there were a whole bunch of people with cameras and cell phones taking picures. all respectful without flashes.

After some questioning I was thrown out ie shown the door at the rear of the casino, but it was never stated I couldn't come back in so I ran around to the front and re-entered the casino and the Pearl. I missed schism I was back in there for some of Rosetta Stoned.

All in all it wasn't too bad. I'd obviously prefer if it didn't happen but I've heard those songs before, all it did was interupt the magic.

I guess I'm a little spoilt as I've already seen Tool 3 times this year. Last night was number 4 and tonight will be the 5th times this year. 8 times all in all.

Even though I was seated. Fuck those that started the circle pit during Sober, Laterlus and Aenema. I'm sure there were other occassions too. Sober and Aenema didn't suprise me but for fuck's sake, Lateralus?

Stinkfist and Sober were probably the tightest renditions I've heard, they really done it for me.

Great show Can't wait for tonight,

Very cool for the guy in front of me at the end of the show in the bag check. A random guy gave him tickets to tonights show FOR FREE. It was his wife's Bday and he couldn't go.

My final thought for the show. Adam without shoes is a lot cooler than Adam with shoes.

Last edited by gun shy; 04-28-2007 at 02:46 PM..
Old 04-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #35
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

First up

This is the 10,000 days tour. You're going to hear a lot of songs from that record. Deal with it.

I've heard plenty of songs from Aenima and Lateralus on those tours.

Though I will admit I'd like a few suprises. Still yet to hear Right in Two.

I got to the Palms mid afternoon and picked up my ticket. There was a couple there arguing with the staff, obviously their tix weren't valid and they were pissed.

Gambled a bit and won some drinking and cab money. Very pleased. Everyone at the island bar before the show would of seen Blair drinking there.

Great show. Started out as the best Tool show I 've see so far. Great venue and great seats. Jambi was a cool opener. Adam talk box fucked up I guess on the solo and he switched to a foot pedal and it was still very cool. Adam had a few problems in the first three songs but it was all sorted eventually.

Up until schism was great. During the intro I decided I'd pull out my camera and take 1 picture for the memories. Without flash mind you. I got busted by a security dude and I was escorted out back. They never found the camra mind you and I never even got the shot. All I did was get out my camera. I guess I was made an example off as there were a whole bunch of people with cameras and cell phones taking picures. all respectful without flashes.

After some questioning I was thrown out ie shown the door at the rear of the casino, but it was never stated I couldn't come back in so I ran around to the front and re-entered the casino and the Pearl. I missed schism I was back in there for some of Rosetta Stoned.

All in all it wasn't too bad. I'd obviously prefer if it didn't happen but I've heard those songs before, all it did was interupt the magic.

I guess I'm a little spoilt as I've already seen Tool 3 times this year. Last night was number 4 and tonight will be the 5th times this year. 8 times all in all.

Even though I was seated. Fuck those that started the circle pit during Sober, Laterlus and Aenema. I'm sure there were other occassions too. Sober and Aenema didn't suprise me but for fuck's sake, Lateralus?

Stinkfist and Sober were probably the tightest renditions I've heard, they really done it for me.

Great show Can't wait for tonight,

Very cool for the guy in front of me at the end of the show in the bag check. A random guy gave him tickets to tonights show FOR FREE. It was his wife's Bday and he couldn't go.

My final thought for the show. Adam without shoes is a lot cooler than Adam with shoes.

Last edited by gun shy; 04-28-2007 at 02:46 PM..
OFFLINE |  
filosofy
04-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Seriously, the band doesn't owe you anything. They're not a fucking jukebox. If you go to three shows in a row and get pissed because they're similar, stop being a tool.

There was an ebb and flow to the show, between the music, the lyrics, the visuals, and where they rested between songs and where they jammed.

Wings was the highlight for me, mostly because I lost a loved one in '03 that was suffering in illness for most of her life, so this suite really hits home for me. I even gave a little water to the dead, which never happens at shows. Marveled at Maynard doing that song in front of all these people, some who wouldn't shut the fuck up. The buildup was incredible, between the music and the visuals.

I saw a guy before the show that looked just like Alex Grey. He (?) was talking to security at about 6:45 about like oh my god, two feet away from me. He had a white TOOL shirt on, one that I hadn't seen before. It looked like the one they were selling at the merch desk. He went down the elevator to the floor. Confirm/deny?

I seriously think I had one of the best seats in the house. I could feel Justin's bass in my chest, but at the same time, I could hear Maynard and Adam just fine. I was eye level with the screens and lasers, and could see the stage sitting down. Way better than any other venue in Vegas.

Maynaquotes:

"Hi."

"This is live music. I'm assuming that's why you're here. If you wanna here it played the same way over and over, stay home and listen to your CD player. Anything can happen. Like a certain drummer hurting his arm and not being able to play for a few weeks. Basically this night is unique, not like any other night."

"How you feeling, Dan?"

(during Wings) "Shh."

"Thanks for coming to this warm up show."

Last edited by filosofy; 04-28-2007 at 04:31 PM..
Old 04-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #36
Level 2 - Poster

Seriously, the band doesn't owe you anything. They're not a fucking jukebox. If you go to three shows in a row and get pissed because they're similar, stop being a tool.

There was an ebb and flow to the show, between the music, the lyrics, the visuals, and where they rested between songs and where they jammed.

Wings was the highlight for me, mostly because I lost a loved one in '03 that was suffering in illness for most of her life, so this suite really hits home for me. I even gave a little water to the dead, which never happens at shows. Marveled at Maynard doing that song in front of all these people, some who wouldn't shut the fuck up. The buildup was incredible, between the music and the visuals.

I saw a guy before the show that looked just like Alex Grey. He (?) was talking to security at about 6:45 about like oh my god, two feet away from me. He had a white TOOL shirt on, one that I hadn't seen before. It looked like the one they were selling at the merch desk. He went down the elevator to the floor. Confirm/deny?

I seriously think I had one of the best seats in the house. I could feel Justin's bass in my chest, but at the same time, I could hear Maynard and Adam just fine. I was eye level with the screens and lasers, and could see the stage sitting down. Way better than any other venue in Vegas.

Maynaquotes:

"Hi."

"This is live music. I'm assuming that's why you're here. If you wanna here it played the same way over and over, stay home and listen to your CD player. Anything can happen. Like a certain drummer hurting his arm and not being able to play for a few weeks. Basically this night is unique, not like any other night."

"How you feeling, Dan?"

(during Wings) "Shh."

"Thanks for coming to this warm up show."

Last edited by filosofy; 04-28-2007 at 04:31 PM..
OFFLINE |  
vegascott
04-28-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Ive never seen people who work at there place of employment no so little about there jobs - it was amazeing !!
Old 04-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Ive never seen people who work at there place of employment no so little about there jobs - it was amazeing !!
OFFLINE |  
soreal
04-28-2007, 07:18 PM

i call right in two instead of pot. just a hunch
Old 04-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

i call right in two instead of pot. just a hunch
OFFLINE |  
standingabovethecrowd's Avatar standingabovethecrowd
04-28-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Boo fucking hoo. U think they can please everyone? The millions of fans throughout the world? They're promoting their NEW album. U think they cater to the people that have already seen them 3-4 times? N0. Furthermore, if u don't appreciate 10,00 Days, then we're waiting 4 u to catch up. This is their best album ever. Each album seems to outdo the last. At first, If u don't "get it", no worries. The band is ahead of us. They know we'll eventually see these masterpieces for their true value. When I 1st heard Rosetta, I was like, "what the hell is this?" Now I think it's incredible. Wings Is incredible. The Pot...nuff said. In addition, they have added Wings to their setlist. B grateful. I saw their 1st show in 5 years at Coachella and They played The Patient, Schism, and they've mixed in Right In Two, and now Wings in more recent shows. Just appreciate these guys while they are still around. You'll be saddened when they're gone. Been around since '89. Not many bands can stay together for almost 20 years. This is the 4th time I've seen them on this tour and Wings still brings a tear to my eye. It's so damn emotional. Even MJK was choked up a few times. Why wouldn't he be? The songs about Judith's death.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Boo fucking hoo. U think they can please everyone? The millions of fans throughout the world? They're promoting their NEW album. U think they cater to the people that have already seen them 3-4 times? N0. Furthermore, if u don't appreciate 10,00 Days, then we're waiting 4 u to catch up. This is their best album ever. Each album seems to outdo the last. At first, If u don't "get it", no worries. The band is ahead of us. They know we'll eventually see these masterpieces for their true value. When I 1st heard Rosetta, I was like, "what the hell is this?" Now I think it's incredible. Wings Is incredible. The Pot...nuff said. In addition, they have added Wings to their setlist. B grateful. I saw their 1st show in 5 years at Coachella and They played The Patient, Schism, and they've mixed in Right In Two, and now Wings in more recent shows. Just appreciate these guys while they are still around. You'll be saddened when they're gone. Been around since '89. Not many bands can stay together for almost 20 years. This is the 4th time I've seen them on this tour and Wings still brings a tear to my eye. It's so damn emotional. Even MJK was choked up a few times. Why wouldn't he be? The songs about Judith's death.
OFFLINE |  
detox420
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM

tonights show was a snap to get in. even with no ticket.thanks to a certain loading dock and the coolest security gaurd ever i was in without spending $200 bucks. i thought i might feel bad but i dont.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

tonights show was a snap to get in. even with no ticket.thanks to a certain loading dock and the coolest security gaurd ever i was in without spending $200 bucks. i thought i might feel bad but i dont.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply