Password
kanaduh
03-27-2014, 06:24 PM

Old 03-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
March 27th 2014 - Phoenix, AZ

03-28-2014, 06:29 PM

Surely we have some folks here who went to the Phx show. Come on- post!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: March 27th 2014 - Phoenix, AZ

Surely we have some folks here who went to the Phx show. Come on- post!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Perfect Dark
03-29-2014, 12:51 PM

Solid performance. Phoenix got the Third Eye setlist.

Maynard's vocals before the intermission were low as I've seen another poster say at their show as well. Some parts of the songs he was a little off making me cringe, but he rebounded. I had a view overlooking Maynard and he was hitting the oxygen hard, but after the intermission he recharged and was in full form.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Solid performance. Phoenix got the Third Eye setlist.

Maynard's vocals before the intermission were low as I've seen another poster say at their show as well. Some parts of the songs he was a little off making me cringe, but he rebounded. I had a view overlooking Maynard and he was hitting the oxygen hard, but after the intermission he recharged and was in full form.
HanoverFyst
03-30-2014, 11:14 AM

Third Eye
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
*Intermission*
B'Boom
(King Crimson cover) (Drum Solo)
Jambi
Forty-Six & 2
Ænema
(-) Ions
Stinkfist

I'm surprised that nobody has posted a thing about this show. I had seen them a week earlier in Las Vegas and I was hoping that the setlist would be a bit different and it was. We skipped Failure this time in favor of sushi and sake after watching their full set in Vegas. Not that I disliked them, but hanging with friends took precedent this time around.

They faked 3rd Eye in Vegas then jumped into Hooker for the opener, but this time the heartbeat kept flowing right into the song. Unfortunately the sound at (Corporate Sponsor Deleted) Arena is mediocre at best. The band sounded amazing anyway. Our seats were on the floor next to where Jr. was doing his magic. Assigned seating on the floor this time, oh well. As always the crowd blew up to the line "...see you down in AZ Bay".

Very little talk from M aside from "Hey AZ" and "I smell marijuana". I'm pretty sure I detected some vocal F up in Sober. After AEnima I thought the show was over as it was past 11:00 and they had played for over 2 hours already, but then - ions started and Stinkfist finished the show. I don't know what the glitter cannons are all about, but they were amusing. Maybe next time they'll bring a catwalk.

Great show as always (My lucky 13th Tool show). I guarantee I'm missing a lot here, but really just posted because nobody else had. Peace out.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Third Eye
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
*Intermission*
B'Boom
(King Crimson cover) (Drum Solo)
Jambi
Forty-Six & 2
Ænema
(-) Ions
Stinkfist

I'm surprised that nobody has posted a thing about this show. I had seen them a week earlier in Las Vegas and I was hoping that the setlist would be a bit different and it was. We skipped Failure this time in favor of sushi and sake after watching their full set in Vegas. Not that I disliked them, but hanging with friends took precedent this time around.

They faked 3rd Eye in Vegas then jumped into Hooker for the opener, but this time the heartbeat kept flowing right into the song. Unfortunately the sound at (Corporate Sponsor Deleted) Arena is mediocre at best. The band sounded amazing anyway. Our seats were on the floor next to where Jr. was doing his magic. Assigned seating on the floor this time, oh well. As always the crowd blew up to the line "...see you down in AZ Bay".

Very little talk from M aside from "Hey AZ" and "I smell marijuana". I'm pretty sure I detected some vocal F up in Sober. After AEnima I thought the show was over as it was past 11:00 and they had played for over 2 hours already, but then - ions started and Stinkfist finished the show. I don't know what the glitter cannons are all about, but they were amusing. Maybe next time they'll bring a catwalk.

Great show as always (My lucky 13th Tool show). I guarantee I'm missing a lot here, but really just posted because nobody else had. Peace out.
Mangus_AZ
03-31-2014, 02:33 PM

This was a awesome show. The new visuals were cool. Third Eye was an amazing opener and I'm glad I finally got to see and hear Sober live. I know some people would have rather heard something else. Danny's drum solo was pretty fucking badass. I had a great spot on the floor and the sound was good.

"Arizona!!!" Crowd cheers. "Sounds more like Texas."
Old 03-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

This was a awesome show. The new visuals were cool. Third Eye was an amazing opener and I'm glad I finally got to see and hear Sober live. I know some people would have rather heard something else. Danny's drum solo was pretty fucking badass. I had a great spot on the floor and the sound was good.

"Arizona!!!" Crowd cheers. "Sounds more like Texas."

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply