opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 02-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Consciousness

“Ya know, I never had any anxiety issues until I became conscious of just how anxious I was being…”

What is this, this thing called… consciousness—is this life or but a dream? What is this, what’s real? If you’re conscious of it, then it’s your reality.

Consciousness is an amazing thing, the key, if you ask me, to existing harmoniously. For you see, it’s—as I see it—everything. Consciousness, according to Dictionary.com and Random House Webster’s College Dictionary, is defined as the state of being conscious, or aware of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc. So, consciousness is just a level of awareness. This is where I feel that there is a problem laden, in that people are unconscious, unaware of their intimate connection to absolutely everything surrounding them. They view themselves as separate entities from their surroundings, not seeing that they’re one in the same, just vibrating energy. Because of their perspective of polarity consciousness (the act of perceiving reality in “black and white”, seeing everything as merely polar opposites e.g. “good” or “bad”, “up” or “down”, “here” or “there”, etc.) they lead a very limited existence.

A teacher once taught me that nothing in this world is merely black and white. He told the class that between two polar opposites there is an entire spectrum of grey, and that nothing is so simply “right” or “wrong”. Everything is interconnected and, considering such, there are too many variables to any given situation for it to be merely labeled as a polar extremity. In order to understand this, one must learn to consciously adapt to a new manner of perceiving, they must let adrift their over-inflated egos as they adhere to a new form of consciousness, unity consciousness.

Unity consciousness is a level of awareness leaving one with a cognizance and comprehension of the cosmos. When experiencing unity consciousness, one is actually one. By this I mean the individual experiencing unity consciousness looses his/her sense of individuality, they perceive themselves as merely another aspect of everything else, as they see that they really are the same thing as everything else, vibrating energy. And so, one becomes one with all within a newly found expansion of reality.

It isn’t until one becomes one that a human being let’s go of their individualized sense of reality. For you see, the basis of a being’s reality is dependent upon consciousness. Under the effects of polarity consciousness, an individual perceives his/her self as an individual, and so that is their reality, individualized isolation. When one is one, under the effects of unity consciousness, one’s sense of reality alters in a relative manner, revealing a whole new cognition of reality. This expanded consciousness strips a human being of his/her ego, leaving him/her naked and shivering with anticipation for new beginnings and an increased bodily energy flow. And it’s here, in the buff and the now, that an individual can realize that his/her individualized perception of reality is, undoubtedly, relatively biased. One can see from this elevated platform of consciousness that his/her former individualized sense of reality had been tethering them tightly underground to stalagmites in the darkness of the cave of his/her own ignorance.

As consciousness evolves, so does the one experiencing expand. And so, because of this expansion in consciousness, one finds the ability to connect with everything within reality. He/she learns when naked that his/her own individualized perception of reality is, well... insignificant. Everybody has an individualized sense of his/her own reality, and everybody’s individualized sense of that reality is, well… just that, an individualized sense of that reality. Everything is dependent upon consciousness, so, to the individual, if he/she is unconscious of the occurrence of a given event, to him/her, it never happened. But does just because a single individual wasn’t conscious of something happening mean it never happened? It only means it never happened for the individual, for he/she’s stuck perceiving with polarity consciousness. To everybody else who was conscious of the occurrence of the given event, however, it did happen. So to base reality solely by what an individual may or may have not been conscious of is not only inaccurate, but also arrogant and clothed by a three-piece suit of ignorance and ego. So I suggest you take off your clothes and open yourself to new experiences, for if you believe only that which you believe, you’re missing out on quite a bit of reality.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #2

Re: Consciousness

What, is everybody too lazy to read a little? LoL... Somebody must have <i>something</i> to say about this piece.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
What, is everybody too lazy to read a little? LoL... Somebody must have <i>something</i> to say about this piece.
LoL, apparently not... Well, I guess nobody seriously objects to my thought process, then...
Old 03-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Yes, i'm quoting myself first. I'm hungover. Most of it fits.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: the nothingness

But if you exist to compare things like that (your size to the Universe), you will ultimately go fucking apeshit and paint the walls with your brains; or worse yet, begin to believe in Nothing. ''Nihilists are slaves to their own consciousness.'' Dostoevsky wrote that. I suppose if you trust your consciousness, he is correct; also, if you deny them (your sentency, consciousness), you would be in the same circumstance.
I had a friend, with whom i lived for several months during high school, he would always scream "none of this is real!"over and over. He was correct, but it drove him mad.
Douglas Adams wrote some books, and in, hmm, Mostly Harmless, maybe, he envisioned what he called a ''Total Perspective Vortex." It was the greatest torture device ever implemented.
The story goes, that there was an inventor, who had a wife. She kept saying to him: you need a sense of perspective. She nagged him over and over again, trying to get him out of his toolshed or whatever. So he built this thing. He sent his wife in. She became privvy to the entire, huge, massive biggeness of the Universe all at once, at which time, a tiny, infantessimal spec appeared, with a little friendly arrow. Above the arrow were friendly words: You Are Here, is all it said.
The woman, and everyone subsequently subjected to the device, went shit bonkers and never came back.
So fuck it, laugh at the machine, try, on occasion to actually grasp the immensity of life, realise how pitiful your senses are, and do what you can.
Who could ask more?

Just because closure is an illusion does not mean you must ignore your epiphanies.
------------------------------

More to the point, you make a good point. Here's how i've been trying to think of things: all is grey, tainted by situation, things like memories and so on, we can give in to the simple choices "fuck you 'punch'punch"or addiction or whatever, but that would be blatant denial of what i think is the pure path, lying somewhere beneath, or above, the surface of limited sentiency.
Yes, Krishnamarti was right, truth is a pathless land, but i think truth is objective, the pathlessness refers to our subjective means of reaching it.
So, back to the point, if i don't give in to my ego telling me i'm fucking special, control- not suppress- control my emotional responses, eventually i will be able to think from my heart; (i know it is just a muscle) thus removing the stains of polarity and seeing the correct choice.
It would be at this point which the colours would dissolve and all that would be left is light: God: undying, uncorruptable love and understanding of the mechanism.
At this point i would no longer have to think shit like "Is it wrong to perform a female circumcision?" because i already know the answer: Fucking of course it is. All my Philosophy classes worst debates, in College, Film school, even fucking high school make sense now. The debates were inconclusive because the argument would ultimately come around to the dipshit hippie who says "To each his own, Ignorance is bliss, mlaht."It's all shit. Female circumcision is wrong because it's fucking sick, done against the persons free will, and helps nothing but the perpetuation of dusty patriarchal bullshit.
If you go from your heart, provided you truly are, there is only one colour: Gold.
Try it.
There is no spoon.

Last edited by jevons; 03-04-2007 at 02:37 PM..
Old 03-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
Banned.

Lately it feels like my head is going to explode.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1142

Take it easy on the booze, ride the buzz, don't crash it lol.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
Banned.

But, but i like the booze. How's the opining sit with you?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 906

in a nutshell..................................
Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

nut shell....
Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
Banned.

qu'est ce-que squah?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

ummmm...je pense.......
Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #12
Banned.

Ou est le purpose du jour, monséiur hobblegobble?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

une correctione (lol) ..MADAME...je ne sais pas
Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

took quatre years du francais and I remember approximately 10 words...definately can't conjugate anymore
Old 03-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
Banned.

I was in an immersion school for two, by the time i left i spoke better Français than Anglayes.

But what was all this aboot nut shell....
Old 03-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

i'm wondering about your essay up there...
Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #17

Madame hobblegobble, you were asking for an explanation of the original post in a nut shell..? Well, my original post on Consciousness kinda was my nut shell, but I can try to break it down a bit. Let me see... here, I was highlighting a concept I was starting to throw around that I've come to label as "time-frame". "Time-frame", as I've thought about and deduced, is a person's overall perspective, from the time that their consciousness began in this dimension to where ever they're consciousness currently is or where ever it ended. As I've come to decide, it's the individual's sense of "time-frame" that makes everything so difficult in this life. As an individual looks outward at reality, he/she tends to base his/her knowledge/understanding of existence off of his/her sense of "time-frame", which is a limited amount of reality compared to all that's actually happened without the individual being directly conscious of it happening. So if an individual typically only bases his/her sense of reality by sheerly that in which they've experienced within his/her "time-frame", he/she's missing out on quite a bit of reality, so in fact, they're perspective is very biased. If people can understand that, they can consciously begin to come together and percieve reality as a unified being, which is essentially part of coming into "Christ-Consciousness", as Drunvalo Melchizedek explains in The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Volume 1, or at least that's how I'm interpreting it... How's that for walnut exoskeleton..? for I know that was no pistachio shell. LoL...
Old 03-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

well said. And isn't that the biggest frustration of all my friend? Time is money, money is survival. So time, money, and survival are the basis of what we call society, this whole "living" thing. Unfortunately, people are so wrapped up and distracted in this survival, time, and money thing, that a pause and a stop to think will never be accomplished by the human race as a whole. A pause is now a weakness, one step down from the race to the top.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 AM   #19
Banned.

Ever think of the nursery rhyme that ends ''Merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream.'' We tell kids that. That is probably the last truth i ever heard out of my mother.

But i thought we were on a higher level than the Mo money, mo air thang? The burdens of sentiency...?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #20

Thank you :) And yes, it very much so is... I've been trying to decide how it would affect things if enough people from this race just stopped running. What if the race was just ended, let the fools trying to get so far "ahead" just go, essentially letting them destroy themselves? What would happen then? They would just keep running because they would think they were getting further and further ahead, until, *whammy*, the whole thing comes down. By that point, I think the people who collectively stopped running could organize a new sense of society, and, by that point, everything we currently know as society would be ceasing to function. If enough people from the whole machine are removed, if you take out certain pieces, like important cogs and gears, not just nuts and bolts, the machine will fall apart upon it's own continuing in functioning. By that point, everybody that's "ahead", will not know how to exist in a non-functioning society, at least functioning in terms of what they're familiar with, and will eventually cease to exist because they're so far "ahead", or they'll understand and join what we would have created by that point as the new world order. If enough people were to just stop living their daily lives, I think this could work, but the hard part is (LoL, that stuck me as amusing, it sounded like Aardvark! [I guess that means I'm in a good mood if I'm being silly... sorry, tangent...]) getting through to people. It's like an Aardvark gone vegetarian trying to coax the only friends he knows out of an anthill, they just think he's going to lap them up like a kitty lapping milk, when really he's conformed and is trying to make a difference, but the ants don't get it. All they see is their impending doom, but what they really don't get is they're fucked to begin with! So they may as well try to listen, poor little ants! They're living they're lives in the ant city the fat kid with the magnifying glass made for them, but all they see is an almighty figure, they don't realize that he's the one aiming the magnified rays of the sun at them...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #21
Banned.

Three words: Mer Ka Ba. That is the answer. Look the devil in the eye, thank him for your tests, align your back as best you can, and follow 18 steps to doing the only thing you can, the most you can.

We all have a debt to this planet, i'm afraid. We owe her big.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

yeah and you start to wonder when humans will realize this and how amusing it will be once it happens. And what is considered a functioning society these days, having the newest cell phone with everything included but the kitchen sink? Seems as if...
Is functioning considered, like you say, who can run faster and further, with no agreed or even existing destination, with an end result of losing those who ran for those same reason as you in the first place, for what? A reason to replace actually having to stop and just talk with the others about it..and to each his own..to find out by himself there is no destination and there is no reason to run...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #23
Banned.

No no, functioning in the sense of a tree. Absorbing, transmutating, reintroducing. We are all conduits, for what, now that is our choice. If done to help, you can absorb others' sadness, offer physical compassion. The physical, the mental, the spiritual can all be taken in and shared. Kind of like we arew doing now.
It's never been a race. More of a Human... something, not a race.
If i'm taller than you, maybe i can get your frisbee out of the tree for you. No better, no race, just something.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #24

I know, this existence as were existing in it is rather pointless... I've been getting closer and closer to the whole Mer Ka Ba meditation, thing, I'm just taking it slowly, as I started off diving head into researching Kundalini, so I tend to be careful, especially as I'm just learning who and what I am, so I don't want to take anything too far with what I may not know I'm capable of, ya know? I know this whole meditation thing is in my nature, I naturally emit SOOOOO much energy, the only problem is learning to efficiently direct it, efficiently take advantage of it. I've been seeking out guidance, somebody who's been there and can help me along the way. I'm just scared becasuse of everything I've learned of as potential dangers in practicing Kundalini ineffectively, like knotting up further the 8-fold heart knot, or what be it. I've had experiences where I've entirely transcended and merged wholly with this white light and and ringing tone, experiences that scared the hell out of me, for I thought I was going paralyzed, and then I thought I was just dying. So I'm need guidance, and hopefully I'll be able to seek that out here...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #25
Banned.

And sometimes, there is a reasond to run... fast and far.

Lizzards from space, i'd run.
Wife with angry annonymous letter and a knife, you bet your ass.
A Milly Vannilly reunion tour from beyond the grave... Race you to Utah.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #26
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
I know, this existence as were existing in it is rather pointless... I've been getting closer and closer to the whole Mer Ka Ba meditation, thing, I'm just taking it slowly, as I started off diving head into researching Kundalini, so I tend to be careful, especially as I'm just learning who and what I am, so I don't want to take anything too far with what I may not know I'm capable of, ya know? I know this whole meditation thing is in my nature, I naturally emit SOOOOO much energy, the only problem is learning to efficiently direct it, efficiently take advantage of it. I've been seeking out guidance, somebody who's been there and can help me along the way. I'm just scared becasuse of everything I've learned of as potential dangers in practicing Kundalini ineffectively, like knotting up further the 8-fold heart knot, or what be it. I've had experiences where I've entirely transcended and merged wholly with this white light and and ringing tone, experiences that scared the hell out of me, for I thought I was going paralyzed, and then I thought I was just dying. So I'm need guidance, and hopefully I'll be able to seek that out here...
People always say things like ''oh, you're so warm'' (re: temperature), or mention how easy you are to trust?
And of course it's pointless, if that's how you see it. It's all perspective, until the only real perspective comes in. Back to ye 'old unconditional love.
If the 18-year-old me met me, i think he'd try to kick my ass...

And we're going through this right now, together, sort of. If it feels like it hurts, or is twisting you, i think something might be wrong. Learn more.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #27

Learn more as to specifically what, and who hurts with twisting wrongness?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
And sometimes, there is a reasond to run... fast and far.

Lizzards from space, i'd run.
Wife with angry annonymous letter and a knife, you bet your ass.
A Milly Vannilly reunion tour from beyond the grave... Race you to Utah.
hahaha...sorry..had to laugh
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #29

Yeah, that was funny...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

was that a rhetorical question
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #31

But real... LoL
Old 03-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #32

No that was me being lazy and not adding a quote to explain whom I was speaking to...

jevons, what pain was that you were describing? Energy imbalances? Knotted heart knots?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #33
Banned.

Sorry, didn't make sense? Learn more as to the nature of your paralysis, methinks that's not a good feeling. The death feeling? Are you breathing? Apnea?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #34
Banned.

And i think i know diddly about the heart knots, but spend a few hours just working on your breathing. I think that would loosen things.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

JF, this would be much easier if you let things out naturally..go ahead...try it out...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #36
Level 7 - Loquacious

disregard..go ahead JF...just...try to leave the kaballah shit out
Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #37
Banned.

Word up. Are you stessed? Stress and inner consciousness do NOT like each other.

Where's Kabbala come in? Is that where he's getting this knot concept?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't know..who are you talking to?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #39
Banned.

You.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #40

Okay, yeah, that was my mistake for not elaborating that I only felt like I had gone paralyzed, as in for the duration of that experience. I couldn't move while all the energy was traveling up my spine, I had essentially, through posture, smoking ganja, and breathing patterns, risen my energy level above any point I had every experienced. And as I did it, I kept building and building that energy until I felt myself go further than I was comfortable with at the time, so I let it go, and then from there, it faded away some, and then came back like a wave. As the wave began to rise, I experienced the most intense physical euphoria I'd ever experienced (and I've taken a lot of ecstasy in my past) which rose in a wave like fashion as a ringing tone came on in ordinance to with the wave of euphoria, and as those rose in a wave, everything began to fade to white light. At the peak of the wave, I entirely transcended (I had no feeling or consciousness of a physical form), everything had faded into white light, and all I heard was this deafening tone that range eternally. After a few moments at the peak, it all faded away just about as quickly as it had come, and I came back down to experience a basically manner of existence. I was a little confused (err... really confused), kinda scared and a little shaken up, but I was fine afterwards. I had never experienced anything like that before, though, as I have yet to experience anything as intense as that since, but that serves just to show me the potential that I have. I just want to learn more about this so I don't take a chance of hurting myself or anything, ya know?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: