opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 05. Crawl Away
User Name
Password
Old 08-26-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
just another break up song

Crawl away is just about being dumped, i think. When dumped, you will get depressed and angry just like the lyrics of the song.

"Tried to keep you down but there was nothing i could say"
you want that person to stay with you but you cant do anything about it...

"What you're trying say, is that you don't wanna play,what you want and what you need don't mean that much too me"
maybe that person doesn't want to have sex with you or something like that, i dont know,and they don't know how to say it so they decide to dump you. and in depression you don't wanna care about what they want, just what you whant...

"i can see your back is turning if i could i'd stick the knife in!"
you get so mad at them for leaving you that you wanna hurt them...

"got you in a stranglehold baby, get up baby"
its like you know you hurt them in some way and could understand why they wanna leave but you still don't want them to.

i don't think theres a deeper meaning to this song, this song is pretty straight like other of their earlier songs.This song is a great song to listen right after a breakup. this song will make you feel a lot better(along with most of TOOL songs) i swear.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 82
Re: just another break up song

That does make sense, nice theory.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:37 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: just another break up song

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwarriorx
i don't think theres a deeper meaning to this song, this song is pretty straight like other of their earlier songs.This song is a great song to listen right after a breakup. this song will make you feel a lot better(along with most of TOOL songs) i swear.
Sometimes a straightforward message is what we need to counter all the excesses.. during / after a breakup, emotions and thoughts can really get confusing and overwhelming.. so, like you said, this brings you back to feeling a lot better, without the doubt and distractions involved. Reality check.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: