User Name
Password
Mark Stegeman's Avatar Mark Stegeman
05-19-2007, 07:06 AM

my first tool concert. I have been a fan since undertow first came out
but never made any shows until this one, unbelievable!!! It was so
much better than I ever could have exptected. The sound was on, the
band was tight and Danny is a fucking machine!! He is hands down the
best drummer currently playing,in my opinion...so fun to watch.
The light show was fantastic as well, with all of the video screens and
the lazers,holy fuckin' shit!!! It was everything I hoped it would be
and tons more....

Just bought tix to see them in Cedar Rapids in June, can't wait.
Would be nice to hear some more older stuff but I know the show
will be awesome even with the same setlist.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/12 - Council Bluffs, IA - Mid America Center

my first tool concert. I have been a fan since undertow first came out
but never made any shows until this one, unbelievable!!! It was so
much better than I ever could have exptected. The sound was on, the
band was tight and Danny is a fucking machine!! He is hands down the
best drummer currently playing,in my opinion...so fun to watch.
The light show was fantastic as well, with all of the video screens and
the lazers,holy fuckin' shit!!! It was everything I hoped it would be
and tons more....

Just bought tix to see them in Cedar Rapids in June, can't wait.
Would be nice to hear some more older stuff but I know the show
will be awesome even with the same setlist.
OFFLINE |  
TomcatSwrs's Avatar TomcatSwrs
06-07-2007, 10:19 PM

First Tool show for me too. Hands down the best show I've ever been apart of. The guys nailed every note of every song. All aspects of the show were flat out amazing.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

First Tool show for me too. Hands down the best show I've ever been apart of. The guys nailed every note of every song. All aspects of the show were flat out amazing.
07-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Long-time TOOL fan, first-time TOOL concert experience. I went with a group of 3 others who had all seen TOOL previously and heard all sorts of stories about the live show that really had me curious. I had to come straight from coaching a little league baseball game in order to make the show on time and was wearing a bright orange T-shirt for which I took much crap, until my man Maynard showed up on stage wearing his bright orange hunter hoodie. Coincidence ... I think not. My only disappointment was the view from our seats (section 216 row 2 - stacks right in front of us so that we had to choose from watching Adam, Justin and Maynard or moving to see Danny, and only Danny, which is not necessarily a bad thing at all). I was not totally impressed with the MAC as a great accoustic venue, but that could very well have been our proximity to Justin and the stacks.

I have read many posts from other shows pissing and moaning about the set list and I don't understand what people expect. This is the 10,000 days tour and I for one was happy to hear the new material live. Having been my first concert, I would have loved to have heard some of my favorites from previous albums, but that is my problem for not having gone before. What I was most impressed with was how effortless that great sound and great show seemed to be for the boys to perform. Don't get me wrong, I know they are working their a$$es off up there, but they are so professional about what they are playing and what they are doing that it is mind-blowing to me that anyone can pull it off without turning themselves inside out in the process. Adam almost appears robotic on stage and Danny is just plain talented. Justin grooves and rocks, but you can tell he enjoys the hell out of what he is doing and might even have a little fun in the process (note to you other musicians who view touring as a necessary evil to your ladder of success). Maynard ... well, I for one found him hypnotic. "Happy Mother's Day" was a nice touch and it was an honor to be present for those three simple words, which undoubtedly came from his heart and through his song directly to his mom. That really made hearing Wings/10k extra special tonight.

Welcome to the soapbox: If you examine your everyday life, how many idiots do you encounter all of the time, and what makes anybody think that a concert would be an exception. I simply don't understand what a drunk, high, puking, fighting and/or passed-out concert goer gets out of a concert, but I go for the music, the performance and hopefully, with some dumb luck, a chance to sit with others who want that same experience. You can always tell afterwards, a few days removed, when people are discussing what they saw and heard and all some people can add is "it was f'ing awesome dude". Do the band and the fans a favor next time ... stay home, turn on your CD player and shit the bed in private.

Next stop, summerfest in Milwaukee, July 4th, TOOL show number 2.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Long-time TOOL fan, first-time TOOL concert experience. I went with a group of 3 others who had all seen TOOL previously and heard all sorts of stories about the live show that really had me curious. I had to come straight from coaching a little league baseball game in order to make the show on time and was wearing a bright orange T-shirt for which I took much crap, until my man Maynard showed up on stage wearing his bright orange hunter hoodie. Coincidence ... I think not. My only disappointment was the view from our seats (section 216 row 2 - stacks right in front of us so that we had to choose from watching Adam, Justin and Maynard or moving to see Danny, and only Danny, which is not necessarily a bad thing at all). I was not totally impressed with the MAC as a great accoustic venue, but that could very well have been our proximity to Justin and the stacks.

I have read many posts from other shows pissing and moaning about the set list and I don't understand what people expect. This is the 10,000 days tour and I for one was happy to hear the new material live. Having been my first concert, I would have loved to have heard some of my favorites from previous albums, but that is my problem for not having gone before. What I was most impressed with was how effortless that great sound and great show seemed to be for the boys to perform. Don't get me wrong, I know they are working their a$$es off up there, but they are so professional about what they are playing and what they are doing that it is mind-blowing to me that anyone can pull it off without turning themselves inside out in the process. Adam almost appears robotic on stage and Danny is just plain talented. Justin grooves and rocks, but you can tell he enjoys the hell out of what he is doing and might even have a little fun in the process (note to you other musicians who view touring as a necessary evil to your ladder of success). Maynard ... well, I for one found him hypnotic. "Happy Mother's Day" was a nice touch and it was an honor to be present for those three simple words, which undoubtedly came from his heart and through his song directly to his mom. That really made hearing Wings/10k extra special tonight.

Welcome to the soapbox: If you examine your everyday life, how many idiots do you encounter all of the time, and what makes anybody think that a concert would be an exception. I simply don't understand what a drunk, high, puking, fighting and/or passed-out concert goer gets out of a concert, but I go for the music, the performance and hopefully, with some dumb luck, a chance to sit with others who want that same experience. You can always tell afterwards, a few days removed, when people are discussing what they saw and heard and all some people can add is "it was f'ing awesome dude". Do the band and the fans a favor next time ... stay home, turn on your CD player and shit the bed in private.

Next stop, summerfest in Milwaukee, July 4th, TOOL show number 2.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply