Re: 10,000 days doesn't seem like tool

10,000 days in the fire is not long enough for you Sub
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
submachine's Avatar submachine
05-04-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabaru
If I had to spend 10000 days in the fire and I could only bring one cd, I would bring Aenima or Lateralus.

And so would you.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #122
On Probation

Bincount™: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabaru
If I had to spend 10000 days in the fire and I could only bring one cd, I would bring Aenima or Lateralus.

And so would you.
mretgis
05-04-2006, 06:07 PM

Seems like a cross of aenima and undertow to me. At moments redundant, but in whole its a great CD. Stars goes to Justin.

lateralus was shit compared to the formers.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #123
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Seems like a cross of aenima and undertow to me. At moments redundant, but in whole its a great CD. Stars goes to Justin.

lateralus was shit compared to the formers.
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mretgis
redundant
Totally
Old 05-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #124
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mretgis
redundant
Totally
pivotal digit's Avatar pivotal digit
05-04-2006, 06:18 PM

I must say, I was alitle hesitant , but i listened to it twice tonight.
as a stand alone piece i think it's good and i'm liking more with each listen. BTW , this is thier art thier emotions and world view if you don't like {anyone} go create your own , all the time people spend criticizing , they could be doing something much more constructive....we all have onions ..and that's fine
Old 05-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #125
Banned.

Bincount™: 41

I must say, I was alitle hesitant , but i listened to it twice tonight.
as a stand alone piece i think it's good and i'm liking more with each listen. BTW , this is thier art thier emotions and world view if you don't like {anyone} go create your own , all the time people spend criticizing , they could be doing something much more constructive....we all have onions ..and that's fine
tuzi
05-04-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
we all have onions
I don't. Can I have some of yours?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #126
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
we all have onions
I don't. Can I have some of yours?
DamnageD
05-04-2006, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by submachine
We are the audience, the fans, the money.

We are the ones who buried Metallica when they started sucking, and we are here to warn TooL that if 10000 Days is the best they can do after 5 years, then you will end up with a legacy just like that joke Metallica.
Are you comparing TOOL to Metal-lica??

Asshand

Metal-lica killed themselves. Their lust/greed, inner turmoil and sent them over the top and into the abyss...a place that TOOL is liekly not to see, much less a path they'll not follow.

Just what the fuck did you THINK they were gonna create this time? Laterealus II? Super-Undertow?

10K days is a sonic masterpice if you OPEN YOUR MIND and close your mouth. Metal-lica could only WISH to be as talented as the boys in TOOL. I will continue to support this band if not on their talent, then on principal alone. They are no sellout, they don't have to try to one up themsleves...it comes naturally...as it should when skill and desire drive you as opposed to alcohol and angst.

Now go get a tissue and blow your nose, all that sniveling must be making it run.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #127
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
We are the audience, the fans, the money.

We are the ones who buried Metallica when they started sucking, and we are here to warn TooL that if 10000 Days is the best they can do after 5 years, then you will end up with a legacy just like that joke Metallica.

Asshand

Metal-lica killed themselves. Their lust/greed, inner turmoil and sent them over the top and into the abyss...a place that TOOL is liekly not to see, much less a path they'll not follow.

Just what the fuck did you THINK they were gonna create this time? Laterealus II? Super-Undertow?

10K days is a sonic masterpice if you OPEN YOUR MIND and close your mouth. Metal-lica could only WISH to be as talented as the boys in TOOL. I will continue to support this band if not on their talent, then on principal alone. They are no sellout, they don't have to try to one up themsleves...it comes naturally...as it should when skill and desire drive you as opposed to alcohol and angst.

Now go get a tissue and blow your nose, all that sniveling must be making it run.
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
05-04-2006, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnageD
10K days is a sonic masterpice if you OPEN YOUR MIND and close your mouth.
Translation:

10K days is a sonic masterpice if you lower your standards and ignore the obvious.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #128
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Quote:
10K days is a sonic masterpice if you OPEN YOUR MIND and close your mouth.
Translation:

10K days is a sonic masterpice if you lower your standards and ignore the obvious.
DamnageD
05-04-2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
Translation:

...lower my standards...

...ignore the obvious...

which one shall i eat first?

ah, hell, i'll just do this in the order recieved. I had standards and expectations of what this album was to be. Considering ive purchased every album since Opiate, I've learned NOT to EXPECT ANYTHING except something completly unique. Same 4 guys, different influnces in life that drive them. Was I grabbed and shock when I first heard 10K days? Damn close! It took a good listen for it to really stick in my crew, and almost 72 hours into ownership and I havent scratched the surface of whats being offed to us yet.

It's music...art for the ears...dont like it, look away.

As far as ignoring the obvious. What I see as obvious is that the haters are in full force condeming the reason theyre here in the first place. Biting the hand that fed them. If I were ignoring this, then I woud be guilty of exactly your very dull point. It's obvious TOOL has changed, as any good band should. They evolved...again. And once again it's a love it-hate it mentality regurgated all over this board.

I'm GLAD to have something fresh to listen to. It is exactly what I expceted, sorry if it aint for you...but thats tough shit aint it?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #129
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
Translation:

...lower my standards...

...ignore the obvious...

which one shall i eat first?

ah, hell, i'll just do this in the order recieved. I had standards and expectations of what this album was to be. Considering ive purchased every album since Opiate, I've learned NOT to EXPECT ANYTHING except something completly unique. Same 4 guys, different influnces in life that drive them. Was I grabbed and shock when I first heard 10K days? Damn close! It took a good listen for it to really stick in my crew, and almost 72 hours into ownership and I havent scratched the surface of whats being offed to us yet.

It's music...art for the ears...dont like it, look away.

As far as ignoring the obvious. What I see as obvious is that the haters are in full force condeming the reason theyre here in the first place. Biting the hand that fed them. If I were ignoring this, then I woud be guilty of exactly your very dull point. It's obvious TOOL has changed, as any good band should. They evolved...again. And once again it's a love it-hate it mentality regurgated all over this board.

I'm GLAD to have something fresh to listen to. It is exactly what I expceted, sorry if it aint for you...but thats tough shit aint it?
DamnageD
05-04-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't.

Go listen to Ticks and Leeches right now, you will HEAR TooL, the perfect mixing, the legendary Danny, the intensity, the Maynard, the emotional rollercoaster, the production, the adam-in-the-background-where-he-fucking-belongs, the greatness that makes 10000 Days sound like a collection of rejections

DAMN...did someone piss in your cereal this morning?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #130
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
No it doesn't.

Go listen to Ticks and Leeches right now, you will HEAR TooL, the perfect mixing, the legendary Danny, the intensity, the Maynard, the emotional rollercoaster, the production, the adam-in-the-background-where-he-fucking-belongs, the greatness that makes 10000 Days sound like a collection of rejections

DAMN...did someone piss in your cereal this morning?
svet-am
05-04-2006, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodad
That is interesting. I am one of the audience, fan, the money and I say it's an amazing album. So some of us are still liking what they do.

They will continue doing what they want to hear whether you "warn" them or not. If you do not like this new one, just listen to the ones you did like.

Metallica has always been pretty crap in my book, so the references mean nothing really. I must say I appreciated what they did on St.Anger though...it was shit, but at least it seemed it was something THEY wanted to hear, so they made it. Good for them.
I enjoy "moments" of the new album. However, I don't feel like the whole albums fits with each other. This is one of the biggest reasons that I even gave the whole "b-sides album" idea a second thought. There's no cohesiveness on 10000 DAYS. Sure, it's "snapshots", but even snapshots of the same thing tend to have a theme.

This album goes from an anti-consumer anthem, to a tirade about becoming a sell-out (when you really slow down and listen and comprehend the lyrics of Jambi), to a dirge for a loved one, to a trippy space-trip on acid, to some ethereal crooning about the sad state of modern society. Hrmmm...seems like TOOL had *LOTS* of new ideas but couldn't find a way to make any of them last more than one song. Any of the above concepts would've rocked if they had found a way to lengthen it out over the course of an album so that there would be cohesiveness. As it is, it sounds like ADHD ramblings.

With all of that said, I really enjoy the new album -- A WHOLE LOT -- and yes I've paid my quid and purchased it. But, I must admit that I was hoping (note that I did not say 'deserved') for a bit more from TOOL since they've always been a band to be on the absolute forefront of pushing the edge musically.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #131
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodad
That is interesting. I am one of the audience, fan, the money and I say it's an amazing album. So some of us are still liking what they do.

They will continue doing what they want to hear whether you "warn" them or not. If you do not like this new one, just listen to the ones you did like.

Metallica has always been pretty crap in my book, so the references mean nothing really. I must say I appreciated what they did on St.Anger though...it was shit, but at least it seemed it was something THEY wanted to hear, so they made it. Good for them.
I enjoy "moments" of the new album. However, I don't feel like the whole albums fits with each other. This is one of the biggest reasons that I even gave the whole "b-sides album" idea a second thought. There's no cohesiveness on 10000 DAYS. Sure, it's "snapshots", but even snapshots of the same thing tend to have a theme.

This album goes from an anti-consumer anthem, to a tirade about becoming a sell-out (when you really slow down and listen and comprehend the lyrics of Jambi), to a dirge for a loved one, to a trippy space-trip on acid, to some ethereal crooning about the sad state of modern society. Hrmmm...seems like TOOL had *LOTS* of new ideas but couldn't find a way to make any of them last more than one song. Any of the above concepts would've rocked if they had found a way to lengthen it out over the course of an album so that there would be cohesiveness. As it is, it sounds like ADHD ramblings.

With all of that said, I really enjoy the new album -- A WHOLE LOT -- and yes I've paid my quid and purchased it. But, I must admit that I was hoping (note that I did not say 'deserved') for a bit more from TOOL since they've always been a band to be on the absolute forefront of pushing the edge musically.
05-04-2006, 09:01 PM

"If I had to spend 10000 days in the fire and I could only bring one cd, I would bring Aenima or Lateralus.

And so would you."

::puts in Aenima and pretends the new cd doesn't exist::
Old 05-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #132
Level 4 - Thinker

"If I had to spend 10000 days in the fire and I could only bring one cd, I would bring Aenima or Lateralus.

And so would you."

::puts in Aenima and pretends the new cd doesn't exist::
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Wow, you're quick!

10000 Days is TooL's St. Anger, the curse of thinking everything you do is great (heralded by adam jones)
Old 05-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #133
On Probation

Quote:
Wow, you're quick!

10000 Days is TooL's St. Anger, the curse of thinking everything you do is great (heralded by adam jones)
AzazelTheGoat
05-04-2006, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK
I have nothing against there new album it is a great album and tools my favorite band, But it doesn't feel like tool maybe it's just me but this album doesn't have the essence all there other albums do
I personally think that this album revisits Tool's previous work. I can hear echoes of Aenima and Opiate especially, but there are some visteges of Lateralus as well. To me it sounds like a combination of all of their past recordings, but seen through a different lense.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #134
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK
I have nothing against there new album it is a great album and tools my favorite band, But it doesn't feel like tool maybe it's just me but this album doesn't have the essence all there other albums do
I personally think that this album revisits Tool's previous work. I can hear echoes of Aenima and Opiate especially, but there are some visteges of Lateralus as well. To me it sounds like a combination of all of their past recordings, but seen through a different lense.
05-04-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Wow, you're quick!

you're an idiot.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #135
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 76

Quote:
Wow, you're quick!

you're an idiot.
Kurtz
05-04-2006, 09:49 PM

this album doesn't sound like tool? that's the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. this album IS tool. not because it "sounds" like them. but because of the simple fact that tool created this album. pre-lateralus, that album would have sounded absolutely nothing like what fans considered to be tool's sound. but once the album came out, it became apart of the band. whether you like the album or not, you have to add this album to the definition of what you consider to be tool.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #136
Level 4 - Thinker

this album doesn't sound like tool? that's the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. this album IS tool. not because it "sounds" like them. but because of the simple fact that tool created this album. pre-lateralus, that album would have sounded absolutely nothing like what fans considered to be tool's sound. but once the album came out, it became apart of the band. whether you like the album or not, you have to add this album to the definition of what you consider to be tool.
Window Licker
05-05-2006, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyuss
You guys should make music since you know so much about what would be better. I'd be interested in hearing it.
Most. Retarded. Argument. Ever.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #137
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyuss
You guys should make music since you know so much about what would be better. I'd be interested in hearing it.
Most. Retarded. Argument. Ever.
deuceman's Avatar deuceman
05-05-2006, 02:20 AM

Tool have been my number 1 band ever since I started listening to them when Undertow was released. For me each album has seen them evolve into something different in terms of style, etc.

Opiate was quite raw, grungy - what I think of as a "beer drinking" album.

Undertow was more advanced and really made Tool stand out as different. It also saw them really start to emerge as individuals - Maynard's vocals and lyrics, Adam's guitar, Danny's drumming. This album is to me is very bleak, dark, angry. I guess drug-wise it's anything that brings you down or makes you feel dark, disturbed, hopeless, almost.

Aenima saw yet another evolution - instrumentally, vocally. This for me is the pot smoking album. (Actually, they're all great when mixed with pot, but nevertheless..). I also think this album was quite bleak in it's mood and theme, but almost in a cynical, angry, lashing out way, rather than some of the almost self pitying sadness and hopelessness of Undertow.

Lateralus was a huge leap for Tool. Suddenly the music - I think - became very advanced. Danny's drumming was much more intricate here, Adam's guitar, etc. This album is probably the best in terms of production quality, IMHO. This album I think is really an acid album. A very trippy album.

Now, with 10,000 days, we see another evolution. It's too early for me to describe it. I do feel disappointed, and I hate saying that because I LOVE this bad as much as anybody in these forums. I live and die by this band, and always will. I just haven't been able to get far beyond the three songs that do it for me. Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot. I am trying to enjoy the others. 10,000 days and Wings for Marie are both really good. Rosetta Stoned? The jury is still out. The rest? Sorry, I just don't think any amount of listening is going to do it for me. And to be perfectly honest, there really isn't much there to get into anyway.

So I see us having bought a Tool album with 5 songs, 3 of which are brilliant in my eyes, 2 of which are also very good and can take their place in the Tool "asset register".

But then we have 6 tracks that are, basically, just not up to the standards I - and I think many others - have come to expect. These 6 songs are really just, fuck, I don't want to say this, but really fucking APPALLING.

That's why I secretly hope there is another "A side" or whatever to this album being released in mid May. I'm almost certain there won't be, but I just feel really disappointed that after 5 years they have only got 5 TOOL quality songs to show for it. I just can't work this out. What's going on here? Is this it?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #138
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 367

Tool have been my number 1 band ever since I started listening to them when Undertow was released. For me each album has seen them evolve into something different in terms of style, etc.

Opiate was quite raw, grungy - what I think of as a "beer drinking" album.

Undertow was more advanced and really made Tool stand out as different. It also saw them really start to emerge as individuals - Maynard's vocals and lyrics, Adam's guitar, Danny's drumming. This album is to me is very bleak, dark, angry. I guess drug-wise it's anything that brings you down or makes you feel dark, disturbed, hopeless, almost.

Aenima saw yet another evolution - instrumentally, vocally. This for me is the pot smoking album. (Actually, they're all great when mixed with pot, but nevertheless..). I also think this album was quite bleak in it's mood and theme, but almost in a cynical, angry, lashing out way, rather than some of the almost self pitying sadness and hopelessness of Undertow.

Lateralus was a huge leap for Tool. Suddenly the music - I think - became very advanced. Danny's drumming was much more intricate here, Adam's guitar, etc. This album is probably the best in terms of production quality, IMHO. This album I think is really an acid album. A very trippy album.

Now, with 10,000 days, we see another evolution. It's too early for me to describe it. I do feel disappointed, and I hate saying that because I LOVE this bad as much as anybody in these forums. I live and die by this band, and always will. I just haven't been able to get far beyond the three songs that do it for me. Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot. I am trying to enjoy the others. 10,000 days and Wings for Marie are both really good. Rosetta Stoned? The jury is still out. The rest? Sorry, I just don't think any amount of listening is going to do it for me. And to be perfectly honest, there really isn't much there to get into anyway.

So I see us having bought a Tool album with 5 songs, 3 of which are brilliant in my eyes, 2 of which are also very good and can take their place in the Tool "asset register".

But then we have 6 tracks that are, basically, just not up to the standards I - and I think many others - have come to expect. These 6 songs are really just, fuck, I don't want to say this, but really fucking APPALLING.

That's why I secretly hope there is another "A side" or whatever to this album being released in mid May. I'm almost certain there won't be, but I just feel really disappointed that after 5 years they have only got 5 TOOL quality songs to show for it. I just can't work this out. What's going on here? Is this it?
Wonko The Sane
05-05-2006, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so0l
Aenima didnt feel like tool.
Lateralus didnt feel like tool.
10,000 Days doesnt feel like tool.

Give it time, I'm confident it will feel like tool soon enough.

I hated The Grudge the first time I popped Lateralus in my CD played. I was like "FUCK! This isn't tool!". Sure enough, quite a few listens through, I loved Lateralus and The Grudge was one of my favorite tracks. Its like this every time a CD gets released....
*LOL* Me too, I was horrified when I first heard The Grudge, I thought the opening vocals were terribly cheesy. After a few listens though, it just clicked with me and I adore the song and the album. Every Tool album has been the same with me, it's like it just kind of like a whack on the head. It knocks me back and I feel befuddled and kind of repulsed. But, then after listening more, after absorbing it, savoring it, soaking it in it transforms into the most wonderful music i've ever heard. I was almost pissed when I first heard 10,000 Days. I was very disapointed, but now I cannot stop listening to it, i'm quite taken with it.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:31 AM   #139
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

Give it time, I'm confident it will feel like tool soon enough.

I hated The Grudge the first time I popped Lateralus in my CD played. I was like "FUCK! This isn't tool!". Sure enough, quite a few listens through, I loved Lateralus and The Grudge was one of my favorite tracks. Its like this every time a CD gets released....
*LOL* Me too, I was horrified when I first heard The Grudge, I thought the opening vocals were terribly cheesy. After a few listens though, it just clicked with me and I adore the song and the album. Every Tool album has been the same with me, it's like it just kind of like a whack on the head. It knocks me back and I feel befuddled and kind of repulsed. But, then after listening more, after absorbing it, savoring it, soaking it in it transforms into the most wonderful music i've ever heard. I was almost pissed when I first heard 10,000 Days. I was very disapointed, but now I cannot stop listening to it, i'm quite taken with it.
05-05-2006, 02:39 AM

I would make a comment that would make this thread totally redundant. But I'm not going to because I'm to busy listening to the album, which I enjoy.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #140
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

I would make a comment that would make this thread totally redundant. But I'm not going to because I'm to busy listening to the album, which I enjoy.
05-05-2006, 02:40 AM

I'm sorry, but people are always going on about how cohesive and thematic Lateralus was in making arguments for the idea that 10,000 Days is haphazard and thrown together. What the hell is so cohesive and thematic about the juxtaposition of Parabola and Ticks & Leeches? Jesus H. Christ have you listened to the sentiments being conveyed in those songs and noted that they are completely void of any kind of likeness?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:40 AM   #141
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'm sorry, but people are always going on about how cohesive and thematic Lateralus was in making arguments for the idea that 10,000 Days is haphazard and thrown together. What the hell is so cohesive and thematic about the juxtaposition of Parabola and Ticks & Leeches? Jesus H. Christ have you listened to the sentiments being conveyed in those songs and noted that they are completely void of any kind of likeness?
05-05-2006, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath
*lol* - asshole 8)
Old 05-05-2006, 02:44 AM   #142
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath
*lol* - asshole 8)
05-05-2006, 02:45 AM

Quote:
*LOL* Me too, I was horrified when I first heard The Grudge, I thought the opening vocals were terribly cheesy.
Really? I was grinning like a maniac, despite thinking I was going to hate it before I dropped the CD in.

10,000 Days had me in a pretty similar frame of mind, but unfortunately turned out to be many times worse than I was fearing... and has since become so irritating I gave the CD back and won't be buying it (I'd been lent a leaker).
Old 05-05-2006, 02:45 AM   #143
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
*LOL* Me too, I was horrified when I first heard The Grudge, I thought the opening vocals were terribly cheesy.
Really? I was grinning like a maniac, despite thinking I was going to hate it before I dropped the CD in.

10,000 Days had me in a pretty similar frame of mind, but unfortunately turned out to be many times worse than I was fearing... and has since become so irritating I gave the CD back and won't be buying it (I'd been lent a leaker).
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
05-05-2006, 02:54 AM

Another one bites the dust.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:54 AM   #144
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Another one bites the dust.
05-05-2006, 03:15 AM

So many angry and overvalued opinions... mine included... The new album is excellent!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:15 AM   #145
Level 1 - Lurker

So many angry and overvalued opinions... mine included... The new album is excellent!
spawk's Avatar spawk
05-05-2006, 04:00 AM

Quote:
No it doesn't.

Go listen to Ticks and Leeches right now, you will HEAR TooL, the perfect mixing, the legendary Danny, the intensity, the Maynard [...]
when you say "the maynard", you mean the one you won't ever hear in concert, right? mouhaahahahahahaha

what ? a new mini art ??
Old 05-05-2006, 04:00 AM   #146
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
No it doesn't.

Go listen to Ticks and Leeches right now, you will HEAR TooL, the perfect mixing, the legendary Danny, the intensity, the Maynard [...]
when you say "the maynard", you mean the one you won't ever hear in concert, right? mouhaahahahahahaha

what ? a new mini art ??
gandhus
05-05-2006, 04:29 AM

Just repeat "The Pot" about four or five times and then gradually ease into the other songs. Everyone will be just fine.

Last edited by gandhus; 05-05-2006 at 05:56 AM..
Old 05-05-2006, 04:29 AM   #147
Level 4 - Thinker

Just repeat "The Pot" about four or five times and then gradually ease into the other songs. Everyone will be just fine.

Last edited by gandhus; 05-05-2006 at 05:56 AM..
A-Bomb
05-05-2006, 04:45 AM

haha. Man, some people just don't get it.

Tool doesn't care about our money. They write music for themselves, not their fans.
They PLAY FROM THEIR FUCKING HEARTS.

That's why you get a record like 10,000 days. And will continue to get records like this.
Honest, true records from the heart.

I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #148
Level 4 - Thinker

Tool doesn't care about our money. They write music for themselves, not their fans.

That's why you get a record like 10,000 days. And will continue to get records like this.

05-05-2006, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawk
I have a video of Ticks and Leeches live.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:53 AM   #149
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawk
Haidar's Avatar Haidar
05-05-2006, 04:55 AM

Me too.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:55 AM   #150
Level 7 - Loquacious

Me too.
auralassassin
05-05-2006, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Ticks and Leeches is probably one of the worst Tool songs ever, dude. Honestly, I skip that shit every time I listen to Lateralus. BAD choice of songs to win an argument... try LATERALUS, Eulogy, etc... anything but Ticks and Leeches.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:12 AM   #151
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Ticks and Leeches is probably one of the worst Tool songs ever, dude. Honestly, I skip that shit every time I listen to Lateralus. BAD choice of songs to win an argument... try LATERALUS, Eulogy, etc... anything but Ticks and Leeches.
auralassassin
05-05-2006, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bomb

I tend to agree. There are lots of bands whose music I do NOT like, but I can feel emotion pouring out of everything they do--basically it's just not my taste. I don't slate it, though--thats the difference between not liking something, and being a complete asshole. I happen to like everything Tool has done very much. I think that a few tracks, and even an album or two that they have done might not be the best... but if anything those Albums are still a building block unto the band we see today.

Tool used to be just a really good rock band. They've stepped up. Aenema into Lateralus into 10,000 Days... I'm sorry, but they are no longer a Rock band--in the sense that Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin aren't rock bands anymore. They are now immortal, and those that don't get it will always be there and always try and convince those of us who DO get it that we are wrong.

I'm not buying it, they're not buying it--Aenema, Lateralus and 10,000 Days are 3 of the Best Albums of All Time. PERIOD.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:21 AM   #152
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bomb

I tend to agree. There are lots of bands whose music I do NOT like, but I can feel emotion pouring out of everything they do--basically it's just not my taste. I don't slate it, though--thats the difference between not liking something, and being a complete asshole. I happen to like everything Tool has done very much. I think that a few tracks, and even an album or two that they have done might not be the best... but if anything those Albums are still a building block unto the band we see today.

Tool used to be just a really good rock band. They've stepped up. Aenema into Lateralus into 10,000 Days... I'm sorry, but they are no longer a Rock band--in the sense that Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin aren't rock bands anymore. They are now immortal, and those that don't get it will always be there and always try and convince those of us who DO get it that we are wrong.

I'm not buying it, they're not buying it--Aenema, Lateralus and 10,000 Days are 3 of the Best Albums of All Time. PERIOD.
Seethus
05-05-2006, 06:41 AM

Quote:
No it doesn't.

*Adam is the lead guitar, he is meant to be heard surprisingly! stfu, you talk so much shit*
Old 05-05-2006, 06:41 AM   #153
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
No it doesn't.

*Adam is the lead guitar, he is meant to be heard surprisingly! stfu, you talk so much shit*
05-05-2006, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralassassin
It's the only one I skip on Lateralus.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Old 05-05-2006, 06:57 AM   #154
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
It's the only one I skip on Lateralus.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
05-05-2006, 07:00 AM

I dont get all the hatin' on ticks and leeches. Its the only REALLY rockin track on lateralus. I love that album, but ticks is the only one you can thrash out on.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #155
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

I dont get all the hatin' on ticks and leeches. Its the only REALLY rockin track on lateralus. I love that album, but ticks is the only one you can thrash out on.

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
NAILS
05-05-2006, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Tools albums are like movies.. None of the sequals are as good as the original and they continue get worse. Undertow was their best album. They will never be able to reproduce the energy they had.

This is no different than most bands look at the Doors..
Old 05-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #156
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Tools albums are like movies.. None of the sequals are as good as the original and they continue get worse. Undertow was their best album. They will never be able to reproduce the energy they had.

This is no different than most bands look at the Doors..
05-05-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
That's one of the most asinine comments ever. You can have that opinion, but please, keep it to yourself.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #157
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
That's one of the most asinine comments ever. You can have that opinion, but please, keep it to yourself.
Sloobag
05-05-2006, 12:07 PM

best first post ever.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #158
Level 2 - Poster

best first post ever.
etc43's Avatar etc43
05-05-2006, 12:25 PM

I'm just thankful that Daron didn't do the majority of the vocals and songwriting on this one. After last year, I was a bit worried.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #159
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

I'm just thankful that Daron didn't do the majority of the vocals and songwriting on this one. After last year, I was a bit worried.
05-05-2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
I dont get all the hatin' on ticks and leeches. Its the only REALLY rockin track on lateralus..
It's not for the emo, and it looks like there are a few emo TooL fans....

Last edited by submachine; 05-05-2006 at 01:12 PM..
Old 05-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #160
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
I dont get all the hatin' on ticks and leeches. Its the only REALLY rockin track on lateralus..
It's not for the emo, and it looks like there are a few emo TooL fans....

Last edited by submachine; 05-05-2006 at 01:12 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply