opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 11-26-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
australia lateralus tour 2002

if anyone saw the 2002 aus. lateralus tour, what did you think of osseus labrynth (i think thats the name)? yeah u no what im talkin about lol the naked dudes who hung from the roof... and for that matter did they go on the full lateralus tour with tool or did they just do australia? it was wierd for me, seeing naked people hanging from the roof in intermission, but the way they moved was kind of hypnotic, wierd. but i wanna hear other peoples thoughts on it.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

osseus labrynth:

they did the entire 2001 u.s. tour, but i dont think they were a part of the 2002 u.s. tour. i saw five tool shows in the year 2002, and never once saw them perform. i did see them in Men in Black II. i dont know why they made a "guest appearance" in that shitty movie. they can do better than that.

-s p i r a l - o u t - k e e p - g o i n g-
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:24 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

They had that in the 2002 new zealand show but not the 2001 nz show. They also had contortionist walking around teh stage as they did n the schism video. According to 1 of my friends that was lucky enough to make it to the front row, it was not a pretty sight having a naked person bent over righ tin front of you. The people hanging from the roof did seem hipnotic, it was a suprisingly entertaining show.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:38 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

yeah i saw them come out during schism and then crawl up a rope during triad i think. Excellent performers. I saw them at the brisbane show. If any one else saw that, reply.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:56 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

I saw them...what do they symbolize?
Old 11-30-2002, 12:37 AM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Osseus Labyrint

Yes I saw them in Sydney this year (osseus labyrint that is). I thought they were brilliant! The movement during triad was superb. I think the nudity just really puts across the human in its most pure state. Un-interupted by clothing or logos. It added an incredible intesity to triad, which I thought was one of the highlights of the show. How they didn't pass out from blood rushing to the head is beyond my understanding of medicine, however, it was great to see a performance like this. It certainly brought an extra dimension to the show (not that tool needed it). I wouldve enjoyed seeing the show with the Alex Grey artwork, and confetti though. Maybe we'll see it on this much rumoured "Live DVD".
Old 12-02-2002, 04:06 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Yeah I was also there at the Sydney show... I think Triad was definitely the highlight of the evening. With Dale and Danny going at it on the drums it was just so amazing! I was standing right infront on the barrier infront of the right speakers and every time Danny hit the kick drum it sent such a powerful soundwave through the speakers that it actually interrupted my breathing and swallowing! Lucky I can still hear! ;)

But Osseus Labrynt were really special, it gave me another piece of art to admire.

Spiral out, keep going.
- Tokes
Old 12-02-2002, 03:29 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

In reply to Brock, I was at the Brisbane show as well (Apr 22). I was on the rail of the second floor section, so I couldn't see them that well. The thing that amazed me the most was that they could hang upside down for as long as they did during triad. Surely the blood would have rushed to their head and made things uncomfortable.
It was a very interesting piece of performance art to say the least, but I think a lot of the crowd were confused by the whole thing.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:19 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

osseus labyrint

osseus labyrint preformed in Canada as well. I saw them at the ACC on September 18th of 2001, I believe. It was amazing when they were climbing the ropes during Parabola. ACC event staff and even police officers and security from outside came in to watch the show. The show in September didn't come anywhere close to the time I saw them at Copps in August of this year. Granted, I was pretty fucked on DXM, but it was, by far the best live show I've ever seen. It was so much fun to sit down at the back of the pit and just watch the show. I also really enjoyed the confetti (which I saved a piece of... I'm extremely nostalgic in that way)

I really want to see tool again, but I suppose I'll have to wait for the next album.. whenever that may be..

But I can wait.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:20 PM   #10
Mr. 200,000

Bincount™: 3568
I saw Ossesus Labyrinth on the 26th (Wollongong). They came out in the middle of Schism (which was extended so OL could get the spotlight). When I first saw them it freaked me out a bit. I remembered who they were once they did that head bobbing thing like in the schism video. I think its good to have these soughts of things in a TOOL show as it keeps all the norms away. They were up pretty damn high on the rafters and they didnt seem to be suspended by much.
Anyway thats what I thought of them.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:23 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Osseus Labyrint were present during the 2001 US tour before the Alex Grey backdrops were established. For the record, one is a woman, Hannah and the man goes by Mark. I thought that they added to the element of the show, considering that the Schism video was the most recent video at the time. That was the first time that I saw them was during Schism, in which they walked around the stage on the toes and fingertips, heads swaying side to side. During the ntermission they climbed ropes and proceeded to swing and convulse with the music when the band cameout and played Parabola (9-21-01 Tweeter Center Mansfield, MA)
Old 01-28-2003, 07:21 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Maze of Bones

Does Osseus Labyrint mean "Bone Maze" or "Maze of Bones?" Labyrint as in Labyrinth and Osseus as in bones... I think the ancient (and modern too?) Greek word for bone is "osteos" You know.. like osteo-porosis.

Cool name for contortionists.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:48 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Yeh i saw them at the Sydney show in 2002 and i thought they were fucking awesome. They added even more mystery and strangness to the show.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: