opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 05-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
a wonderful addition to the impending DVD

It would be thoroughly orgasmic were TOOL to include the videos shown, in an entirely devoted format (meaning there would be just videos and no concert footage to distract me) as an extra feature. It would also be rockin if they dubbed the songs over it instead of having to hear the crowd cheering and what not, though that might be cool too. At any rate I certainly hope this idea crosses their minds because it would be too cool to have a copy of some of those animations.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166
this is exactly the idea that i was hoping for in a dvd.. concert footage is great, but it takes away from the music, instead of focusing on the art, we begin to focus on the band.

one of the things that i have always liked about tool is the fact that i have no idea what the band members look like. i dont care to know either. i want the music to speak for itself.

my first tool show was in 2001, probably because i didnt have the money to go to one before that. but i paid more attention to the band than the screens. i noticed them, but i didnt watch them as much as i would have liked to. in 2002, i saw another show, and when i went to that, i intended to p0ay more attention to the screens, but all there was was the little screens. i didnt like that show as much.

i want a dvd that just has those screens with a good soundboard recording played over it.

or what would realy be cool is if the dvd had both, like the same recording of the song, just different visuals. like a movie that has a commentary, but opposite..
Old 05-14-2003, 11:20 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Well.....

I think everyone underestimates Maynard. Creativity from being switched from music to a DVD??? "Fuckin WOW" is all I got to see. Or mabey "Set the standard"? He will come out with some crazy shit, and seeing as how he's not an person who has a good relationship with his ego I dought we'll see much of the band and hope we'll see more videos and...THE CROWD on the floor !!!~prays Fresno is on DVD~!!!

BLue
Old 05-24-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

live dvd

First off. Who's to assume that all the creativity comes from Maynard? There are 3 other members to Tool. And all are verry talanted and creative. Lets not forget that eh!

As for the DVD. It's said to be a live DVD. Therefore not showing the band preform and dubing in studio recordings will be counterproductive as far as a LIVE video goes. I do imagine the audio will be cleand up and mastred like the Salival disk.

Videos and other little treats will be a sweet feature though i gotta admit. But i am looking forward to actually seeing them LIVE in my livingroom (thats what they should call it "Tool -Live form your livingroom") I've seen them 5 times now and theres just too much at one show to notice it all, so i think the whole view from the seats will give us a chance to take it all in.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
ry.
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 58
we've talked about this before, and the coolest idea we (as a collective) came up with was to use the "angles" feature of a dvd to get the projections,

itd be awesome if it had like 4 angles

whole stage
maynard and adam
justin and danny
projections
Old 06-05-2003, 03:09 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
4 angle would be cool
as for the loops chet zar (artist) is planning to release a DVD of his art around august www.chetzar.com
Old 06-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

I've seen all their videos a million times! I don't need to see them again! I want to see live footage of the band! Good clear shots of the best band in the world, playing their instruments!

By the way does anybody know about a release date yet?
Old 06-20-2003, 02:09 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 166
Quote:
Originally posted by cricketbow
I've seen all their videos a million times! I don't need to see them again! I want to see live footage of the band! Good clear shots of the best band in the world, playing their instruments!

By the way does anybody know about a release date yet?
so, where did you see the video for 46&2? if you have it, can i get it off you?
Old 07-01-2003, 08:57 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Where should i go to fiund out more about this dvd?
Old 07-11-2003, 02:53 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5
Re: a wonderful addition to the impending DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaky
4 angle would be cool
as for the loops chet zar (artist) is planning to release a DVD of his art around august www.chetzar.com

Slowly: Chet Zar did the animations... He wants to release his OWN DVD of his animations which he made for Tool... Therefore, I doubt Tool will make a whole DVD devoted to the visual aspect.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:18 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

i am with the idea of different angles from the stage, but i don't think you'd get to chose. i think the dvd will probs feature their videos as well, but i'm not holding my breath as we might get salival #2 (although it said 15 live videos on the site)

HaLo- LuNAtic riDe-BuY it noW

Old 08-09-2003, 12:19 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15
Adding the "Parabol(a)" and "Scism" videos to the DVD wouldn't hurt.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:12 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 39

Artist Chet Zar, who worked on a lot of the live video material is releasing a DVD in early 2004 that will have a lot of what was played on the video screens at Tool shows.

www.chetzar.com
Old 10-24-2003, 04:10 PM   #14
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry.
we've talked about this before, and the coolest idea we (as a collective) came up with was to use the "angles" feature of a dvd to get the projections,

itd be awesome if it had like 4 angles

whole stage
maynard and adam
justin and danny
projections
And one default setting with the edited montage (as, odds are, that all of the songs won't be from the same show).

And All That Could Have Been was, in my view, the perfect way to do it: have one angle be the whole stage, and then the default version, which basically cuts to all different shots (though I am not opposed to the four optional angle idea).

As for the screens, I don't think they'll be included, as I did watch them a lot when I saw them and they were either the music video for the song being played or a fairly repetitive computer-generated image that got somewhat tiring by the end of the song. But whatever....
Old 01-19-2004, 02:34 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 3

Hi there, i'm new

I don't know if you are aware but on Korn's live dvd, they included a second disk with all the concert projections in place of the live footage. Although i think koRn are shit, this would be a great idea for the forthcoming tool release.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: