opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2006, 06:47 AM   #201
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/08 - Dallas, TX - McFarlin Auditorium

Anyone going from HOUSTON to DALLAS?
We're all better off sharing the cost. IF we get tickets.
So anyone need a ride? have a ride?
Have tickets? need tickets?

PM NOW

Last edited by Slacker; 04-21-2006 at 07:12 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 AM   #202
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker
Anyone going from HOUSTON to DALLAS?
We're all better off sharing the cost. IF we get tickets.
So anyone need a ride? have a ride?
Have tickets? need tickets?

PM NOW
I think this is a good idea. Feel free to post if you need a ride or want to carpool. I know I'm going from Austin to Dallas. I've only got room for a couple of people, so... If you don't want to carpool, that's cool, just an option if you want to help anyone out
Old 04-21-2006, 08:28 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureal
http://www.greattickets.com/buynow/tool.htm

Looks like scalpers have back to row L...fucking fantastic. 180 a pop too.
I just checked out the site. It looks like they're either sold out or just gone, because the May 8 listing is gone.... I'm sure there's plenty of places for scalpers to get them. I know eBay had a bunch of more listing pop up last night.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdisgustipated
i just found another way to get around the "lockout", since i dont use IE.

if your using firefox, go to Tools, then Options, click the privacy button up top, then click cookies, and at the bottom right click settings. check all the boxes EXCEPT "ask me before clearing private data".

now all you have to do, is in firefox, if it locks you out, hit ctrl+shift+delete. it clears all cookies, so it resets the lockdown timer.

as a quick note, it will also log you out of ticketmaster, but thats no biggie...you dont need to be logged in to reserve tickets. only to pay for them hehe.

EDIT:

just found a better way to utilize it. every 5 or 6 refreshes, hit ctrl+shift+delete. it never has a chance to lock you out.
Awesome. I'm using firefox, so that'll kick ass. Thanks for the info. Keep it coming guys.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #205
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

how the hell do the scalpers already have tickets if they don't go on sale untill tomarrow?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346
how the hell do the scalpers already have tickets if they don't go on sale untill tomarrow?
I've got no idea how they do. My guess would either be that they don't have tickets and are praying to sweet Jesus that they can get them, or they've got connections. Think: the entire Tool cd was leaked because of an insider. Someone always has an insider, which fucking sucks for us. I still think our chances are good if we all stick together and use as many tricks as we can.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:32 AM   #207

Bincount™: 2

------
Ok, here's what we know so far:

- The concert is Monday, May 8 at the McFarlin Auditorium on the SMU campus.
- The venue is entirely seated, with floor and two balconies.
- Link to the Ticketmaster website: http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/98321
- Link to a seating chart: http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/98321/1497
- There are 2,200 available
- Tickets go on sale Saturday, April 22 at 10:00am Central Standard Time
- Tickets are $55 plus Ticketmaster fees
- The max number per buyer allowed is 2 tickets
- Estimated sellout time is SECONDS

Some rules for adding to this thread:

-Make sure you follow the format I’ve laid out. This will make it easier to read, and therefore easier for us to figure out where we stand.
- I know it doesn’t make a difference, but try to put your name in chronological order. This will not affect preference either way, but it’ll help maintain order.

xPTCx= Buying Online
Needs: 2
Buying: 2 (Has multiple buyers)

bluenote= Buying Online
Buying: 2

RodeoJones= Buying Online
Needs: 1

Natalie Portman= Buying Online
Needs: 3

Vassup= Buying Online

Futureal= Buying Online

Khadgar346= Buying Online

chongi= Buying Online

the great collapse= Buying Online

pneuma i = buying online

Blue10= Buying Online

Heller= Buying Online
Buying: 2+ (Multiple buyers)

Kfrinkle= Buying Online

Red Villiam= Buying Online

Kato= Buying Online

Hatless= Buying Online
Needs: 1-2 (Depending on friend)

alicetooljam= Buying Online
Needs: 2-3

aziraphale= Buying Online

plexus= Buying Online
Needs: 4

mindseye= Buying Online

CaliCrackDealer = Buying Online

AgentDMT = Buying Online

Secular glitch= Buying Online

chewygarner= Buying Online

Tmackc= Buying Online
Needs: 2-4

tabula.rassa= Buying Online

lzep86= Buying Online and at Venue (Multiple online buyers)
Needs: 4
Buying: 2+ (Multiple Buyers)

TuralyonW3= Buying Online
Needs: 2-4

zier= Buying Online

Slacker= Buying at TM
Buying: 2 (not sure if I can make it so these could be up for grabs)

Soberman= Buying Online
Needs 1
Buying: 2 (give away other one free)

iamdisgustipated= Buying Online
Buying: 4

All tickets will be sold for face value!!! If you attempt to make money off this, I hope whatever god you believe in gives you diarrhea.

Totals:

Buyers: 31
Need: 64
Buying: 64

Please update the totals above when you add to the thread. When totaling, use the max number of tickets you may need (i.e. my friend may or may not come, but if he does, I need 2). And only total how many you plan on buying for sure.

Remember, there are people with multiple buyers, and I only added up the number you see here, so there could be more, possibly many more, tickets bought.

Keep adding to this thread
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #208

a

Last edited by lzep86; 04-21-2006 at 10:02 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #209
awb
Level 4 - Thinker

Added:

awb= Buying online

Last edited by awb; 04-21-2006 at 10:07 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #210

Guys, please make sure that if you add to or edit the list that you update the totals accordingly. Also, remember to edit your old lists down to one letter so that the thread won't scroll. Thanks
Old 04-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #211
awb
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzep86
Guys, please make sure that if you add to or edit the list that you update the totals accordingly. Also, remember to edit your old lists down to one letter so that the thread won't scroll. Thanks
Did you update your totals after I copied the list to add my info?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:58 AM   #212
Level 4 - Thinker

Ticketmaster.com has finally putthe ticket price up. Listed as US $55.25. Plus fees.

There are listings for tickets on different ticket agencies that are priced at $150-$400 per.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #213
Level 3 - Talker

Damn guys. By this time tomorrow, some of us will be super happy, others of us even more desparate. Lets hope we can pull together to get us all in. Be sure to thank the guys who got the ball rolling on this organization!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by awb
Did you update your totals after I copied the list to add my info?
Nope, didn't see you. I'll update it. Go ahead and clear your list out once I post the new one. thanks
Old 04-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #215

a

Last edited by lzep86; 04-21-2006 at 11:25 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrinkle
Damn guys. By this time tomorrow, some of us will be super happy, others of us even more desparate. Lets hope we can pull together to get us all in. Be sure to thank the guys who got the ball rolling on this organization!
He's right man, we're gonna be able to pull this shit off if we can pull together. I feel better and better about our chances every day. Countdown is les than 24 hours. FUCK YEAH
Old 04-21-2006, 10:04 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmackc
Ticketmaster.com has finally putthe ticket price up. Listed as US $55.25. Plus fees.

There are listings for tickets on different ticket agencies that are priced at $150-$400 per.
Cool. Let's hope that we all don't have to spend our life savings for this shit.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #218
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I just checked out the site. It looks like they're either sold out or just gone, because the May 8 listing is gone.... I'm sure there's plenty of places for scalpers to get them. I know eBay had a bunch of more listing pop up last night.
Wow...Dallas was definitely up there last night, with about 5 other shows that are now gone. 180 was probably a bargain...no wonder they sold out. Are any of the ones on ebay definite? The ones that were up there 2 days ago said "seats will be announced on Saturday" which means they apparently didnt have the tickets in hand.

Does anyone know if not announcing the seats would be indicitive that they dont have them or is there some "scalpers code of honor" that prevents them from anmouncing the seat details before they go on sale?

Edit: Check out the great tickets site again...they have sold out like 4 more shows just since I posted this.

Last edited by Futureal; 04-21-2006 at 10:51 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #219
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

do be do

Last edited by Futureal; 04-21-2006 at 10:25 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #220
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

I'm getting nervous... I need to ddrink alittle tonight *sets 2 alarm clocks*
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #221
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Thanks for the tips Futureal...good stuff there. Anyone else San Antonio trying to get tickets to this show? I'm debating whether or not to go to a retail outlet or try my luck online. The majority of the outlets are HEB grocery stores which I don't think is going to be a viable option. IIRC, the ticketmaster computers are in the little customer service nook they have there where you can cash checks, pay your cable bill etc. and there is only one line. So no matter how early I get there, I'm goning to have to wait behind someone cashing a payroll check or renwing their registration sticker. If this is anything like the last mini-tour, which I'm pretty sure it is, we're talking about mere SECONDS before this whole puppy is sold out.

Foley's is another option but I just got off the phone with them and they open at 10:00am. The lady I spoke with said that they will not open their doors until 10am. Figure in the time to walk to the ticket counter, them to fire up the computers etc. and it doesn't bode too well.

Anyone in San Antonio have any other tried and true methods or some info on an out of the way supersecret TM outlet? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I will be buying two tickets but need only one. I'll gladly put the other one up here for a less fortunate soul that wasn't able to secure any. Good luck everyone! See you May 08!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #222
Level 4 - Thinker

DALLAS CONCERT MAY 8TH

I've never been to a concert but am planning on going to Tool's on the 8th...... ticketmaster is limiting the purchase to 2 tickets, I'm with a group of about 6...are there any other places that maybe don't have a limit? is it possible to buy concert tickets at the gate the night of a performance of a Tool concert???? not asking for scalped tickets or anything, just some info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #223

Quote:
Wow...Dallas was definitely up there last night, with about 5 other shows that are now gone. 180 was probably a bargain...no wonder they sold out. Are any of the ones on ebay definite? The ones that were up there 2 days ago said "seats will be announced on Saturday" which means they apparently didnt have the tickets in hand.

Does anyone know if not announcing the seats would be indicitive that they dont have them or is there some "scalpers code of honor" that prevents them from anmouncing the seat details before they go on sale?

Edit: Check out the great tickets site again...they have sold out like 4 more shows just since I posted this.
Yeah, these things are going FAST. I'm pretty sure the original scalpers on eBay didn't have tickets. I actually e-mailed the original guy and he said that he'd let me know saturday monring (i.e. 10AM). He's just like us. I'm not sur eabout the other scalpers. I'm betting that very few, if any, have actual tickets. Most are just banking on luck. These prices are worth it, but I still want to try my luck here.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.stacks
Thanks for the tips Futureal...good stuff there. Anyone else San Antonio trying to get tickets to this show? I'm debating whether or not to go to a retail outlet or try my luck online. The majority of the outlets are HEB grocery stores which I don't think is going to be a viable option. IIRC, the ticketmaster computers are in the little customer service nook they have there where you can cash checks, pay your cable bill etc. and there is only one line. So no matter how early I get there, I'm goning to have to wait behind someone cashing a payroll check or renwing their registration sticker. If this is anything like the last mini-tour, which I'm pretty sure it is, we're talking about mere SECONDS before this whole puppy is sold out.

Foley's is another option but I just got off the phone with them and they open at 10:00am. The lady I spoke with said that they will not open their doors until 10am. Figure in the time to walk to the ticket counter, them to fire up the computers etc. and it doesn't bode too well.

Anyone in San Antonio have any other tried and true methods or some info on an out of the way supersecret TM outlet? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I will be buying two tickets but need only one. I'll gladly put the other one up here for a less fortunate soul that wasn't able to secure any. Good luck everyone! See you May 08!
I've talked to a ticketmaster venue in dallas a couple of times now. Here's the basic idea: if you're first in line, you've got a good shot at tickets. your venue must open before 10 or there's no way in hell you'll get tickets. If there are more than 3 people in line, GO HOME. You don't have a chance at all if there are more than 2 or three people in line. Ticketmaster does not have phsyical tickets, they access the pool just like we will saturday morning. This show will sell out in seconds, I have no doubt. 2,200 seats is nothing. I've got a girl going to this venue at 7am, and they open at 9. If she's first in line, she'll stay. If there are more than 3, she's going back to her computer at home. Don't risk it guys. I even talked to a representative at ticketmaster, and she said that your best bet is either being first in line or going on the internet.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #225

a

Last edited by lzep86; 04-21-2006 at 12:21 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346
I'm getting nervous... I need to ddrink alittle tonight *sets 2 alarm clocks*
I think a couple beers or shots are in order for tonight. I've been wound up like nothing else for the past two days. It'll all be worth it if we make this work...
Old 04-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #227
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: DALLAS CONCERT MAY 8TH

scalped would be the only way to get around it unless you were fast enough to buy two, then log in to buy the tickets again, but i guarantee that they'll be sold out before that happens.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #228

Quote:
Things to remember for tomorrow. If you are buying online, PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST.

1. Log on to Ticketmaster at about 9:50. Be registered tonight. STORE YOUR CREDIT CARD TONIGH with ticketmaster that way you can do quick checkout. Get several IE windows open and to the page for the concert.

2. Go to www.time.gov and get an official clock. If anyone knows anything about Ticketmasters clock, let us know. This is the best we can do right now.

3. I would refresh about 9:55 just to make sure. And once every minute until 9:58 or so. From that point, you can refresh each IE window, one after another and you wont get locked out as long as you time it right. Dont refresh any one window more than once every 6 seconds. If you have 6 windows, you can refresh a different one once a second. If you have 3 windows, once every 2 seconds. If this is a bad explanation, someone fix it.

If you have firefox, try iamdisgustipateds method. It sounds very good.

4. When it goes on sale, select your number of tickets and hit next. Do not fiddle around with the seating options and the price options. Leave everyone set to the default "best available."

This is going go be a test of who can jam their request in to ticketmasters servers first. The website telling you if you got it or not is most likely going to very slow to load. Wait for it and be patient. It will only mess you up if you go to a different window to try it again (unless you get "page not found" which would totally suck).

WHEN THEY GO ON SALE, STOP OPERATING MULTIPLE WINDOWS OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SEATS

In conclusion:

Register tonight, type in your credit card info tonight
Log on 10 minutes early tomorrow
use www.time.gov
WATCH YOUR REFRESHES
Do not use multiple windows when tickets go on sale
BE PATIENT

Everyone has a good chance at this I think. Ill probably edit this post and paste it here later to make sure everyone sees it. I probably forgot something too.
Badass dude. This is a must read. We've tried these methods out and they work like a charm. iamdisgustipated's method works like a charm too. I'm feeling good guys.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATObassist
scalped would be the only way to get around it unless you were fast enough to buy two, then log in to buy the tickets again, but i guarantee that they'll be sold out before that happens.
Yeah, our only chance is to get the max once around. There's no question this'll sell out in seconds. I'll be interested to see how quickly, i bet it sets a fuckin record.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankytones76
I've never been to a concert but am planning on going to Tool's on the 8th...... ticketmaster is limiting the purchase to 2 tickets, I'm with a group of about 6...are there any other places that maybe don't have a limit? is it possible to buy concert tickets at the gate the night of a performance of a Tool concert???? not asking for scalped tickets or anything, just some info would be greatly appreciated.

ATObassist is right. Your best bet is getting multiple online buyers. Look at futureal's tips sheet a few posts up. It's a GREAT resource for getting your best chance. Do you want me to add you to the list? Honestly, we can really only add you if you can promise that you'll get 3 multiple buyers or more to cover the 6 you need. Remember, the point of this forum is to have extras. Look at the total, we're only running 1 extra right now. yikes
Old 04-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #231
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i need 3 and am buying 2
Old 04-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #232
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
ATObassist is right. Your best bet is getting multiple online buyers. Look at futureal's tips sheet a few posts up. It's a GREAT resource for getting your best chance. Do you want me to add you to the list? Honestly, we can really only add you if you can promise that you'll get 3 multiple buyers or more to cover the 6 you need. Remember, the point of this forum is to have extras. Look at the total, we're only running 1 extra right now. yikes

PLEASSSEEEEE ADD ME!! we're guaranteed 7 people, possibly more
Old 04-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankytones76
PLEASSSEEEEE ADD ME!! we're guaranteed 7 people, possibly more
So you have 7 online buyers or seven people going? Give

A: How many you need
B: How many you all are buying (every person should max at out 2)

Right now, i'll add you to the list as needing 7 and buying 14. PLEASE let me know if this isn't right. If it is, it'll help tremendously.

thanks
Old 04-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #234

a

Last edited by lzep86; 04-21-2006 at 02:02 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #235

hey guys, i'll be out for about an hour and a half, so if i don't get back to you right away, i will when i get to my computer. thanks.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #236

Great luck ladies and gents. I'm out for the night...see you on the otherside.

Thank you for being cool. Seriously. It matters more than you'll ever know.

See you on the other side...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #237

a

Last edited by lzep86; 04-21-2006 at 07:17 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote
Great luck ladies and gents. I'm out for the night...see you on the otherside.

Thank you for being cool. Seriously. It matters more than you'll ever know.

See you on the other side...
Fuckin' A. Take it easy
Old 04-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #239
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm hoping to buy, but I work when they go on sale, so if at 11am its sold out, I'm here begging for a couple of tix.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #240
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

If I have several firefox tabs open, and I reserve some tickets in one, will it screw it up if I try and reserve them in a different window? I was thinking about switching between firefox and IE. Not sure if it matters. Fuck, I am getting really worried. I NEED at least 3 tickets, this may be tough! I will buy as many as possible though. I decided if I get extra, I'm SURE someone on here will buy them.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: