Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Caley
02-24-2007, 11:29 PM

When I fist got the 10,000 days album it was the day it came out. It was the first time i had the pleasure of buying a new Tool album. I started with Lateralus and worked my way backwards from there, but that is a different story entirely. Back to 10,000 days. I brought the album home and rocked out to it in my armchair with my nice headphones. It was awesome. It was unexpected. I didn't know what to make of it, but i loved it all the same. Over time the thrill of hearing the new music sort of faded out though, and 10,000 days just became another tool album. Maybe some of you veteran Tool fans know what I am talking about. Anyway, all of the previous Tool albums that fit a certain mood for me, while 10,000 days did not. I could only get into the songs 10,000 days and Rosetta stoned and their “intros.” That was enough for me though. The song 10,000 days is, in my opinion, the best composition of my generation. There is not a single track to my knowledge that is as good as that. It gets me pumped up when I'm busy, and it helps me chill out and relax. I can have it going when i throw a party and i can listen to it while i study. It's one of those tracks that just gets me. Rosetta Stoned is the second best, in my opinion, composition of my generation. While it does not fit all circumstances for me like 10kd does, it hits me harder when it does. The transition from Lost keys to Rosetta Stoned punches me in the face. I go from chilling out to rocking out in a matter of seconds. Try a hard day's work plus a ride home with Rosetta Stoned jamming! HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT! I'm screaming at the top of my lungs all the way home.
So to all of you that do not like this album, i say that I wish you could feel what I am feeling, and at the same time I'd like to see how you view things. Tell me what you think. And to all of those who agree with me, what songs from this album do what for you?

Before you begin let's set some ground rules.
No telling anybody that their opinion is wrong. I want to see what songs from what albums do something for you. It's not about proving why something is bad, it's about showing what you see to be good. Let's just be civil.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
10,000 days as an experiance.

When I fist got the 10,000 days album it was the day it came out. It was the first time i had the pleasure of buying a new Tool album. I started with Lateralus and worked my way backwards from there, but that is a different story entirely. Back to 10,000 days. I brought the album home and rocked out to it in my armchair with my nice headphones. It was awesome. It was unexpected. I didn't know what to make of it, but i loved it all the same. Over time the thrill of hearing the new music sort of faded out though, and 10,000 days just became another tool album. Maybe some of you veteran Tool fans know what I am talking about. Anyway, all of the previous Tool albums that fit a certain mood for me, while 10,000 days did not. I could only get into the songs 10,000 days and Rosetta stoned and their “intros.” That was enough for me though. The song 10,000 days is, in my opinion, the best composition of my generation. There is not a single track to my knowledge that is as good as that. It gets me pumped up when I'm busy, and it helps me chill out and relax. I can have it going when i throw a party and i can listen to it while i study. It's one of those tracks that just gets me. Rosetta Stoned is the second best, in my opinion, composition of my generation. While it does not fit all circumstances for me like 10kd does, it hits me harder when it does. The transition from Lost keys to Rosetta Stoned punches me in the face. I go from chilling out to rocking out in a matter of seconds. Try a hard day's work plus a ride home with Rosetta Stoned jamming! HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT! I'm screaming at the top of my lungs all the way home.
So to all of you that do not like this album, i say that I wish you could feel what I am feeling, and at the same time I'd like to see how you view things. Tell me what you think. And to all of those who agree with me, what songs from this album do what for you?

Before you begin let's set some ground rules.
No telling anybody that their opinion is wrong. I want to see what songs from what albums do something for you. It's not about proving why something is bad, it's about showing what you see to be good. Let's just be civil.
02-25-2007, 05:25 AM

i couldnt agree more. 10.000 days is a great album. their best work to date along with Ænima
Old 02-25-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277
Re: 10,000 days as an experiance.

i couldnt agree more. 10.000 days is a great album. their best work to date along with Ænima
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
02-25-2007, 06:21 AM

we just got the album and you were already chalking up to not being fresh?

this is where i differ, when i listen to 10kdays i hear something new everytime i listen to it. It hasnt been dissected for 5 or 10 years.

With this album i have a difficult time not listening to it from start to finish.
But stand out songs are jambi, and rosetta stoned.

i advocate the listening to the albums especially lateralus and 10,000 days to been listened to entirety
Old 02-25-2007, 06:21 AM   #3
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

we just got the album and you were already chalking up to not being fresh?

this is where i differ, when i listen to 10kdays i hear something new everytime i listen to it. It hasnt been dissected for 5 or 10 years.

With this album i have a difficult time not listening to it from start to finish.
But stand out songs are jambi, and rosetta stoned.

i advocate the listening to the albums especially lateralus and 10,000 days to been listened to entirety
wearethestories's Avatar wearethestories
02-25-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

agreed.

Whenever I just listen to pieces of it, it isn't satisfying. There's something missing and lacking whenever I simply want to listen to "The Pot" or "Jambi" on their own - they don't have the preceding songs to set mood/theme and they turn up shallow.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 02-25-2007, 07:32 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamminsalmon View Post

agreed.

Whenever I just listen to pieces of it, it isn't satisfying. There's something missing and lacking whenever I simply want to listen to "The Pot" or "Jambi" on their own - they don't have the preceding songs to set mood/theme and they turn up shallow.
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Caley
02-27-2007, 08:53 PM

10kd is still fresh for me, but what I feel from track to track has changed over time. It's been out almost a year. Think about your first listen versus what you hear right now. It's still more than satisfying, but its not the same as the first few listens.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

10kd is still fresh for me, but what I feel from track to track has changed over time. It's been out almost a year. Think about your first listen versus what you hear right now. It's still more than satisfying, but its not the same as the first few listens.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply