Stinkfist ( extended )
46&2
Schism ( extended )
Rosetta Stoned
Flood ( with intro )
Lateralus ( with Danny's solo )
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-06-2007 at 11:37 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/09/04 - Zagreb, Croatia - Salata

Jambi
Stinkfist ( extended )
46&2
Schism ( extended )
Rosetta Stoned
Flood ( with intro )
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-06-2007 at 11:37 AM..
OFFLINE |  
MirrorSaw
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist ( extended )
46&2
Schism ( extended )
Rosetta Stoned
Flood ( with intro )
Vicarious

First Tool concert.

90 min.

Short but sweet.

Was right in front of Justin and Danny. Unfortunately Maynard was completely inaudible there. There was a fair amount of pushing and shoving from behind but overall i thought the crowd was great as everyone around me was singing along and hopefully having a good time.

Maynard was covering his mouth with a towel between songs ( problems again ? :rolleyes: ) During the last lines of Vicarious, he held his mic. high pointing it to the crowd.

Justin rocked!

Danny ! HOLY FUCK ! That guy was smiling and grinning during the entire concert while beating the shit out of those drums. Fucking amazing.

I expected the poor sound and the shorter setlist, so despite all these drawbacks, I had a great time.

Last edited by MirrorSaw; 09-04-2007 at 04:37 PM..
Old 09-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/09/04 - Zagreb, Croatia - Salata

Jambi
Stinkfist ( extended )
46&2
Schism ( extended )
Rosetta Stoned
Flood ( with intro )
Vicarious

First Tool concert.

90 min.

Short but sweet.

Was right in front of Justin and Danny. Unfortunately Maynard was completely inaudible there. There was a fair amount of pushing and shoving from behind but overall i thought the crowd was great as everyone around me was singing along and hopefully having a good time.

Maynard was covering his mouth with a towel between songs ( problems again ? :rolleyes: ) During the last lines of Vicarious, he held his mic. high pointing it to the crowd.

Justin rocked!

Danny ! HOLY FUCK ! That guy was smiling and grinning during the entire concert while beating the shit out of those drums. Fucking amazing.

I expected the poor sound and the shorter setlist, so despite all these drawbacks, I had a great time.

Last edited by MirrorSaw; 09-04-2007 at 04:37 PM..
OFFLINE |  
frant1c
09-06-2007, 12:00 AM

I was there, and as a longtime Tool fan I must say I was mildly disappointed. This is my fourth Tool show, and definitely the least memorable, and probably a letdown for people who were there for the first time.

The show was short. Considering that it's their first time in Croatia, and that quite a lot people came (at a time (summer) when many concerts here get moved to smaller venues, like Groove Armada, Tool was one of the rare ones which was moved to a bigger venue), and that the atmosphere was very supportive, I expected at least one more song. Well, anything extra or out of the ordinary would do.

Furthermore, the next day in Belgrade they played the exact same setlist, which was probably a huge disappointment for the fans who went to both concerts (and Tool has a lot of hardcore fans in these areas, I personally know several people who went to Belgrade the next day).

I'm completely used to Tool's standoffish ways, mind you. I don't expect Maynard to ever come into the light and talk much. I like their theatrics. But, comparing this to a show a couple of years ago in Vienna, in front of a slightly bored audience, which had 2 songs from Opiate, several songs from Undertow, some from Aenima, and practically the entire Lateralus...with Maynard having fun and urging people to "take their clothes off"...well, this show was undeniably much, much weaker.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

I was there, and as a longtime Tool fan I must say I was mildly disappointed. This is my fourth Tool show, and definitely the least memorable, and probably a letdown for people who were there for the first time.

The show was short. Considering that it's their first time in Croatia, and that quite a lot people came (at a time (summer) when many concerts here get moved to smaller venues, like Groove Armada, Tool was one of the rare ones which was moved to a bigger venue), and that the atmosphere was very supportive, I expected at least one more song. Well, anything extra or out of the ordinary would do.

Furthermore, the next day in Belgrade they played the exact same setlist, which was probably a huge disappointment for the fans who went to both concerts (and Tool has a lot of hardcore fans in these areas, I personally know several people who went to Belgrade the next day).

I'm completely used to Tool's standoffish ways, mind you. I don't expect Maynard to ever come into the light and talk much. I like their theatrics. But, comparing this to a show a couple of years ago in Vienna, in front of a slightly bored audience, which had 2 songs from Opiate, several songs from Undertow, some from Aenima, and practically the entire Lateralus...with Maynard having fun and urging people to "take their clothes off"...well, this show was undeniably much, much weaker.
OFFLINE |  
Gardenia
09-06-2007, 01:38 AM

this was my first tool concert, so... i am just happy that i finally got to see them. :)

so i won't talk much about what could've been better. i only wish they'd played wings. that's really the only thing that i really, really missed.

and this is what i took home:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2...atvin01aq4.jpg :D

pozdrav svima :)
Old 09-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

this was my first tool concert, so... i am just happy that i finally got to see them. :)

so i won't talk much about what could've been better. i only wish they'd played wings. that's really the only thing that i really, really missed.

and this is what i took home:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2...atvin01aq4.jpg :D

pozdrav svima :)
09-06-2007, 05:18 AM

maybe i was just expecting too much but this show was missing something.setlist was short,maynard had some problems with his voice so i reckon that was the reason why.but there really wasn't a real connection with the audience.it was a good show,i'm not saying it wasn't,but only that.saw maynard after the show leaving the place surrounded with lots of body guards,with no intentions to respond to our greetings.well,i did see them preform some great shows,but i feel sorry for people that saw them for the first time waiting for years.

pozdrav ljudi,mozda je ovo bila samo priprema,na drugoj turneji dobivamo glazbene zelje :)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:18 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

maybe i was just expecting too much but this show was missing something.setlist was short,maynard had some problems with his voice so i reckon that was the reason why.but there really wasn't a real connection with the audience.it was a good show,i'm not saying it wasn't,but only that.saw maynard after the show leaving the place surrounded with lots of body guards,with no intentions to respond to our greetings.well,i did see them preform some great shows,but i feel sorry for people that saw them for the first time waiting for years.

pozdrav ljudi,mozda je ovo bila samo priprema,na drugoj turneji dobivamo glazbene zelje :)
09-06-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajana View Post

How yes no! ;)
Old 09-06-2007, 05:38 AM   #6
Tix
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajana View Post

How yes no! ;)
OFFLINE |  
TommyLee
09-06-2007, 07:07 AM

My 7th Tool show overall. Went to see them in Bologna on Sunday, Zagreb on Tuesday and Belgrade yesterday. Too bad the Zagreb show was the weakest of the three. Numb crowd and MJK bummed out because of cigarette smoke and sick throat. They played a 75 minute festival set.

However, personal highlight of the evening was meeting the guys and crew after the show. Justin got us beers and candy. Got to meet their wifes/girlfriends. Adam was tired but very cool. The man of the evening was Danny. We went for hours, talking basketball, drugs, drums, touring, NIN, Laibach, the Stones and Keith Richards. A memorable evening.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

My 7th Tool show overall. Went to see them in Bologna on Sunday, Zagreb on Tuesday and Belgrade yesterday. Too bad the Zagreb show was the weakest of the three. Numb crowd and MJK bummed out because of cigarette smoke and sick throat. They played a 75 minute festival set.

However, personal highlight of the evening was meeting the guys and crew after the show. Justin got us beers and candy. Got to meet their wifes/girlfriends. Adam was tired but very cool. The man of the evening was Danny. We went for hours, talking basketball, drugs, drums, touring, NIN, Laibach, the Stones and Keith Richards. A memorable evening.
OFFLINE |  
kidinmind
09-07-2007, 03:57 PM

Talking about laibach?
Laibach concert -this year- has been the second greatest show i've ever watched. I wonder what Danny mentioned about 'em, if you dont mind sharing them.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Talking about laibach?
Laibach concert -this year- has been the second greatest show i've ever watched. I wonder what Danny mentioned about 'em, if you dont mind sharing them.
OFFLINE |  
TommyLee
09-08-2007, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidinmind View Post
Talking about laibach?
First he asked me how far was Ljubljana from Zagreb. He said Laibach was one of his favourite bands ever. He met them a couple of years back, said they were funny as hell off the stage... almost as DEVO.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:20 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Talking about laibach?
First he asked me how far was Ljubljana from Zagreb. He said Laibach was one of his favourite bands ever. He met them a couple of years back, said they were funny as hell off the stage... almost as DEVO.
OFFLINE |  
plecocicho
09-08-2007, 01:48 PM

My third tool concert, sadly onlky on these tour,so i didnt experience previous interpretations from the band. The overall feeling was quite good, and i dont mind if they would play just one song whole concert, because they are really musical shamans, that drift your mind to the other side of conscienceness. It was obvios that danny enyoyed the show, because i saw him do some funny moves before the flood. That song was probably the final push, that leed me to go to this show. It would be nice, if they played something different or longer time, but you cannot always have what you
lwant.
lp
Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

My third tool concert, sadly onlky on these tour,so i didnt experience previous interpretations from the band. The overall feeling was quite good, and i dont mind if they would play just one song whole concert, because they are really musical shamans, that drift your mind to the other side of conscienceness. It was obvios that danny enyoyed the show, because i saw him do some funny moves before the flood. That song was probably the final push, that leed me to go to this show. It would be nice, if they played something different or longer time, but you cannot always have what you
lwant.
lp
OFFLINE |  
apis
09-16-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Talking about laibach?
Well, the last Laibach album (Volk) was produced and co-written by my favourite Slovene band called Silence.
If you liked the anthems, you should check their music:
http://www.silence-zone.com/news.htm

Otherwise this was my fifth Tool gig. Not the setlist I'd pick, but the crowd was great.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:08 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Talking about laibach?
Well, the last Laibach album (Volk) was produced and co-written by my favourite Slovene band called Silence.
If you liked the anthems, you should check their music:
http://www.silence-zone.com/news.htm

Otherwise this was my fifth Tool gig. Not the setlist I'd pick, but the crowd was great.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply