opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: May-July 2006
User Name
Password
Old 05-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/06/25 - Prague, CZE - T-Mobile Arena

SETLIST --

Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Sober
The Pot
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ćnema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/25 - Prague, CZE - T-Mobile Arena

Unrea, I am too tired to write more,but it was amazing. My first Tool show after listening to them for over 13 years. Great show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

setlist: um, exact same as usual...but both right and two and the pot...

well, it's all the same as it has been, so you already know what happened.

the lead singer said: please don't take pictures 'cause I'm a pretentious ass..and also "prague rock...get it?"...as well as the super witty line: "we rocked prog and it was magical"
Old 06-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16

Amazing show! This time I was closer than at the Nova Rock festival, only a few people from the stage tonight. The only thing that pissed me off were the goddam 15 yearolds thinking its cool to mosh...especially when its only the 5 of them doing it ruining everyone elses experience.

Anyway, I had a blast, got to meet Danny, Adam, and Justin outside of the arena after the show. I was really stunned at how nice the guys were, even got to give Adam some advice on cooking popcorn, which is one of my specialities. I met some awesome people as well which, altogether made it an awesome night.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

^Holy shit! How did you meet them? They didn't just come out of the venue with all those people around?

Amazing show! The Pot was not supposed to be played, as it was not written on the setlist I saw, but looks like the guys played it cuz they liked the crowd. Totally agree about the moshing part though. I was really annoyed, but I struggled to keep my focus on the band.

Right in Two was amazing!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #6

Bincount™: 4

would like to note that Maynard's vocals were clear, solid, and on-key all night. no thinness that is sometimes a problem for him. all the yelling parts were full-tilt, and he even improvised a couple of times, which I have never seen from him. acoustics were much better than expected also. the arena was not full at all...amazingly few people there.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by samojed
^Holy shit! How did you meet them? They didn't just come out of the venue with all those people around?
Yeah, over on the left side by the busses. Justin came out first on riding his bike and stayed signing autographs and chatting with people the longest. Then Adam came around for a few, then reappeared looking for microwave popcorn cooking help. Danny came out soon thereafter. Everyone was really friendly and talkative with everyone. I had promised myself that I was going to get something signed as a gift for a girl in Arizona that I love very much, and I'm so glad I pulled it off.

The show was amazing. I love that heavier part at the beginning of the interlude in Schism they've been doing lately. I was pleasantly surprised by the sound also, the mixing on the drums was great.

It's 8am now, time for bed. I can't wait for more shows later this year.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Wow. So how long after the show did they come out?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-25-2006, 11:39 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

great performance, another dream came true
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Im not sure about the order, but this is what I managed to note:

(Lost Keys+) Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Jambi
Schism
Sober
The Pot
(Intension+) Right in Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

I liked the Stinkfist and Schism increases...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 01:13 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey!

It was really amazing to see the band live after all those years I've spent loving their music. I was with my friend on the side stand, and we were actualy a little disappointed with the sound - especially since Justin's bass was really muffled and hard to distinguish; which was really too bad. I agree that Maynard's voice was great, as was Adam's guitar. I can really find no words to describe Danny - the guy is a dynamite and a God among men (and that's putting it too mildly). I really liked Stinkfist, Sober and Right In Two.
All in all, it was really great, and I would hate to wait another 5 years to see them again, so I hope they'll take my whining in consideration.
I'm also really sad I hadn't got a chance to see the guys after the show and thank them for yet another great experience of my life.

Thanks guys.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 02:00 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Welcome all the newbies from the Czech Republic :)
I expected that TOOL would not sell T-Mobile Arena out as it happened yesterday. And I liked the atmosphere there. Not too many people, quite clear, though hot air and a lot of space everywhere so you didn´t have to be afraid of being accidentaly punched by some drunken asshole covered in sweat. I agree that the sound of Justin´s bass (and I personally think that there were some problems with one of Danny´s bass drums) was terrible at the beginning, but in a few minutes everything improved. The next thing I really appreciated was the band not going away after the end of the set, but sitting on the stage, watching their fans, smiling and finally playing two more songs. It was a great show although I really missed Parabola in their setlist.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:59 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Wow. Simply wow.

This was my 4th tool show and the 2nd one in a row and in many aspects this was the best one.

First off, the crowd. I knew the Czechs were laid back but what i saw yesterday blew my mind. Almost no moshing, people looking after each other, singing along, everyone there (definitely everyone around me) totally GOT what a tool show is about: enjoying flawlessly performed music without spoiling the fun for anyone in the process. I have been to many, many big shows like these, all of them in Poland, and I have never, ever seen so much class from people. no pushing at the exits before or after the show, that was a new experience. I totally fucking salute you for being so cool. cheers!

Because of the crowd being so cool i had a great spot on the floor from where i saw Daniel Carey in all his glory throughout the entire show. Maynard was much more talkative and generally seemed to have much more fun performing. They obviously added 'the pot' to the set list on the fly, i'm guessing because MJK had a good night. Maybe it's because the venue was small and it really felt like 'an evening with tool', very intimate atmosphere at times. I also really loved Lateralus, the new faster bridge in Schism, Jambi and Aenema.

The only thing i can bitch about is driving home for 6 hours right after the show. Oh man, my eyes almost started bleeding at one point.

All in all this has been an amazing experience thanks to Tool and the fantastic Czechs. Keep up the good work! Nashledanou!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 03:13 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

I haven't any words to describe the show (only: "It was fucking amazing!" etc.) .. I only want thanks to the band, promoters and also people who were on the show (maybe some of them haven't to looked at me like I am a monster when I was singing, ehh rather screaming or whatever you want, with maynard :)).
And also thanks for The Pot, it was a kind surprise for me that they played this song, one of my favourites from new album ..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 04:49 AM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_okay
Wow. Simply wow.

This was my 4th tool show and the 2nd one in a row and in many aspects this was the best one.

First off, the crowd. I knew the Czechs were laid back but what i saw yesterday blew my mind. Almost no moshing, people looking after each other, singing along, everyone there (definitely everyone around me) totally GOT what a tool show is about: enjoying flawlessly performed music without spoiling the fun for anyone in the process. I have been to many, many big shows like these, all of them in Poland, and I have never, ever seen so much class from people. no pushing at the exits before or after the show, that was a new experience. I totally fucking salute you for being so cool. cheers!

Because of the crowd being so cool i had a great spot on the floor from where i saw Daniel Carey in all his glory throughout the entire show. Maynard was much more talkative and generally seemed to have much more fun performing. They obviously added 'the pot' to the set list on the fly, i'm guessing because MJK had a good night. Maybe it's because the venue was small and it really felt like 'an evening with tool', very intimate atmosphere at times. I also really loved Lateralus, the new faster bridge in Schism, Jambi and Aenema.

The only thing i can bitch about is driving home for 6 hours right after the show. Oh man, my eyes almost started bleeding at one point.

All in all this has been an amazing experience thanks to Tool and the fantastic Czechs. Keep up the good work! Nashledanou!
I comlpetely agree with you as you can see closer to the top.
Nashledanou:) or Nazdar!
BTW awesome avatar.
P.S. As a second song if I remeber well they played forty-six and two. The order isn´t important, but they definitely performed it.

Last edited by grohl; 06-26-2006 at 04:54 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 05:30 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy_Brown
WTF? MJK yesterday: We´re gonna do something special for you, but you have to do something special for us. Please put the cigarets down for the rest of the show. Please, Please, Plese. (he also said something like: some of you guys are steling my voice....etc, but I don´t remember it correctly and it doesn´t matter)
That´s why they added The Pot into the setlist, his voice was damaged by smog. Haven´t you noticed that he went offstage after Right In Two? Before that he told tomething to Justin and Adam.
That's exactly what I mean. The Pot wasn't on the original set list so they DID add it during the show and when MJK talked to Danny, Justin and Adam I'm pretty sure that's when he told them they would play The Pot. And the smoking? Please, he would never sing The Pot if the smoke was such a big problem for his voice. And he would definitely not sing The Pot BECAUSE 'his voice was damaged by the smog', that doesn't make any sense. And he also went off stage between Right in Two and Sober in Katowice the night before and we didn't hear The Pot then so go figure.

Once again props to all the people present at the show, I can't stress enough how awesome the atmosphere was. We all could learn a thing or two from the Czechs, trust me :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

just can say that it was beautiful!
4th tool show, 3rd this month and it was the best. saw them first time at a solo show not on a festival, and thats sooo much better!
the crowd was awesome, just celebrating tool :)
tool obviously had lots of fun playin the gig i think (the "special", maynards talkin, smilin around and so on)
i was right in front of the stage so the sound was a lil bit loud but ok thou
the screens could have been a bit bigger imo
all in all it was really great, thx to tool and to the czechs ppl - respect *thumbs up

hopefully they come back in november as maynard said on novarock and r.i.p.
ciao
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

so... did people actually stop smoking???
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Just my 2nd Tool show but it was pretty awsome!! so amazing!! the atmosphere was great, however there weren't many people. Thanks goodness I didn't go trough any moshing at this time like I did at Nova Rock Festival. People were really nice and still can't breath after the Danny's performance. I cannot imagine any better ending like Vicarious and Aenema! And I also appreciate their sitting on the stage, what involved the feeling of they were glad to see us.. Thank you guys for unforgettable experience
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #20
Level 3 - Talker

it was the best day if my life. i was travelling for all night from east of slovakia with my friends and we were first fans in front of the venue. we met there great people from all over the world and we met the band! except maynard.

i was in the front row right in front of justin. fans around me were all from defferent countries, but we were chatting about tool and it wormed up us pretty strong for the show.the atmosphere was excelent. i was hoping that band will be in good mood.

when justin came on the stage an started to play lost keys i was almost flying. the sound was perfect. people were screaming as hell. when maynard came on the stage and roseta stoned startet, i was almost crying. no moshing around me. just enjoing the music, by screaming, singing, headbanging and original dance moves inspired by maynard.

he was in great mood and seemed be surprised by the crowd. the whole band was surprised.they were having a great time. danny was unbelievable. justin was so much into music and he was looking in my eyes a couple of times. maynard was absolutely perfect. great singing, very good mood, great dancing and when he said that this show was magical, it was great feeling. adam did amazing pereformance. the voice box solo during jambi was briliant.

danny threw one stick during stinkfist just in front of me and i caught it!! but i wasnt alone. one nice girl from armenia maybe caught it too. we were holding one stick and forn a few secends waiting, what will happen. i gave her the stick, becouse im gentleman ;-)

i think that band was really surprised by the crowd. after show we were waiting for them and they came tu us!!!! except maynard. justing was on his bike. i gave him some my artworks, like a gift. he liked them and he said that he appreciate that. it was ubelievable feeling. he was great. then adam came out and he was great to. smiling and chatting with peaople. and then danny came out and he was the preety long with us. i shoocked hei hand twice :-) he was having a great time winth fans. he was smiling for al the time.he was chatting with some american guy about football and bascetball. but he was in hurry. he went to the city center probably with his girl or wife.they all were very nice.

i came home from prague before an hour and im so tired. this was definately the best experience in my life. and justin told me,that they will probably come back in november to progue too !!!! i will be in front row again :-)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

and yeah i forget. danny said,that he liked all of the shows, but that this has unbelievable atmosphere. that crowd was great. he was right becouse i was enjoying the show as deep as i could and all the people around me too. i believe that they played the pot becouse of the crowd. maynard told them to do it and when he was leaving the stage,he showed them that he is going to drink. maybe something good for voice becouse the pot is really hard song to sing. i really think that this was the best show from this tour,becouse i have never seen an atmosphere like that. so intimate,
i think im going to celebrate 25th of july every year :-)

PS: Zdravim vsetkych cechov, aj ked okolo mna ich bolo fakt dost malo. boli tam ludia co prisli z australie a z ameriky koli tomuto koncertu. Musim sa vsetkym podakovat,pretoze takuto atmosferu som nikdy nezazil na ziadnom koncerte. jeden american mi po koncerte povedal,ze sa americky fanusikovia maju od ceskych vela coho ucit. fakt to bolo nieco neopisatelne. kapela bolo hotova od prvych momentov. a maynard si uzival naplno. super tancuje ten chlapik. hlavne pocas tej pasaze pred solom v jambi :-))) to si musel kazdy vsimnut. ak sa naozaj vratia v novembri, musime to roztocit znova na tekejto urovni ;-)
Zdravim vsetkych toolakov.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:11 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirdneh
so... did people actually stop smoking???
I smoke like a chimney, and I refrained until I got outside. I was about 3 or 4 people back right in front of Justin, and I didn't notice anybody else around me smoke after that. It's not like he was a dick about asking people to not smoke. We got a damn good deal, no smoking for half of the show to hear The Pot. Fuck, I would've not smoked for a week to hear Wings/10000 Days.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:32 AM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatopsis
Fuck, I would've not smoked for a week to hear Wings/10000 Days.
Nah, you wouldn't. If you're a chainsmoker, that is. Your organism wouldn't take it.

Besides, smoking inside concert arenas should be strictly prohibited - if you want to smoke, get your ass out of there. Does it have to be MJK to ask you to stop making others choke and puke for you to refrain from smoking in a crowded place? Don't take it personally - I mean it to all 'concert smokers'.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Well, we arrived at the venue way too early, so we went for a few beers.
We drank, we were loud, disturbed a lot of people.
BUT!!! the service was so slow, that we almost missed the show!!!
We walked in (ran actually) on Rosetta Stoned.
Went straight to the very front of the crowd, third row or such.
A huge thumbs up for the crowd, except for the 5-10 fools who did the moshing.
The concert was like our ears were fucked with a hachet.
Maynard wasnt talkative, he did the "you idiots dont have a clue what im talking about thing" ...blablabla, something, something, new album, blablabla, 10000 days, something, something, new song, Jambi... all of this super fast too.
The non-smoking request was kind and polite, not aggresive at all.
"We'r going to do something special for you today, but in return we want you to do something for us. Please put out your cigarettes for the rest of the show. You all came here to hear my voice, if you want me to keep on singing with this voice, please put out your cigarettes."
And in return!!!! THE POT!
At the end of Aenima I almost cried!
Nothing can top this show!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

The best musical experience in my life. At the beginning, when lost keys started, I almoast wept with joy, standing in 5th row near justin. Sound was great, maybe the voice was a little bit strange, like if he was breathing helium :) When Maynard said, that their gonna give us something special, I expected something special, not th pot ;-) So maybe the next time, i'll hear H., ticks and leeches or thirdeye. Im glad, cause sombedy here wrote, that they said, they'll come in november too. Maynard didnt tell it to the people during the show and i was afraid :) There were on my left side near me about 5 amarican "big tool fans" hiting each other and other people. I think People around were disapointed from that. see you all in november if they'd come :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

I'll tell you my AMAZING story. I'm from Košice - Slovakia. I'm total crazy fan tool. I have been working for all month to get to two of tool shows. To Katowice and next day to Prague. When I went to Katowice I had to find Spodek. During my searching I met two poland guys. They were cool. They helped me to find Spodek. At 11 o'clock I bought my ticked.I was waiting for all day at the hall. Door was open at 17:30. When I was inside I continued in my waiting. I waited 2 Hours. Then started one of the most amaizing concerts on the world. I had seats so i didn't enjoy the show like people in the front. seemed to me that show was relatively short. After show i went behind the venue to wait for band, but nobody came.i have been waitg for then for two hours. i was in hurry cuz my train to prague was leaving katowice.
i was in front of the T-mobile arena at 7 in the morning a i was first. i was waiting for my friends from kosice. i saw tool buses arrive so i was in prague with them. none of the memebers came out of the buses till my friends come. me, my friends and 4 young people from Phoenix were first fans in front of the venue. we saw danny, justin and adam. they were moving from buses to arena. danny later went by walk somewhere to city with friends. justin was biking around arena. it was great. later i met denny near the buses. he shoocked my hand. i told him to sign my 10 000 days album cover,but he told me that after the show. they opened the door to arena at 6;30 and we were waiting inside for two hours till amazing show starts. we were in front of the stage. i was in the third row in front of justin. thez started to plaz rosetta stoned after lost keys, bud withou maznard on his platform. he was behind the visuals and we could see just his siluette. he was in very good mood and he did his crazy dancing behind visuals. it was great. after few seconds he went on his platform and crowd went crazy. the show was amazing. the best. nothing can top this show. the set list was planned like in poland, but they played a special bonus for us. it was because of atmosphere which was made by totally perfect crowd. maynard asked people to stop smoking because of his voice. he was really in very good mood. then thez started to sing ; who are you to wave your finger you must hav been out your head. everybody realized what will happen in next few minutes. they played the pot for us and they played it perfectly. after sober. maynard was much more talkative than in poland. before aenima started maynard said to the crowd: WE ROCKED YOU PRAGUE AND IT WAS MAGICAL. ill remember this forever. after show they stayed on the stage. maynard too. they had really good time. after show a bought a poster and i went with my friends to tool buses. we were waiting for the band. justin came on his bike and he signed me my poster and new album cover. i shoocked his hand but i miss to take a picture with him. i miss adam too, because he was there just for few minutes. then danny came and he signed me album cover and poster too. and of course i shoocked his hand. he was very nice to fans. everyone of them was nice. danny was talking about football that he will go to see next england match. he went to prague by walk with his girlfriend i think. we were hoping for maynard but he didnt came.
there are no words how to describe the atmosphere during show. there is no better band then tool. thanx to tool for everything
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Once in a Lifetime

Spectacular.
I counted among the Eastern Slovakia bunch that infiltrated the grounds outside the Arena in the wee hours of noon, 25th June.

Tired, battered and sweaty from the long ten-hour trip to Prague, you could practically smell our determination from the main gates. Personally, I'd have rather hidden as much trace of my body fluids as possible, alas, barely any air conditioning in the bus. Right after arriving, we realised our low-budget plan for lodging wasn't going to happen - place was probably booked since Friday. I remember Elmafiaci telling me something like "Don't even expect to have a shower until you get home" after I spoke of other, more expensive possibilities for lodging.

Elma' and Apop already described most of our experiences while waiting outside the Arena. What I noticed was the vast variation of nationalities. It was even more traceable after the concert, as I chatted up Greeks, Austrians and a cute Russian girl (alas, already taken). There were even these three hotsexyomgishitthebed people from somewhere in the Middle East that stood right next to us in the front lines. My guess would be that 50% of the estimated 3000 people weren't of Czech nationality at all! (that, or they're reeeeally sneaky!)

The lights went down. Hundreds of people cheering at the top of their lungs. Justin appears, riffs vibrate your body. Danny, Adam... And finally, Maynard with his trademark voice. I just about lost it right there, as also for the rest of the evening. Heck, I don't even remember Maynard asking for people to stop smoking! Must've really been out there, if you know what I mean.
Somehow, you could feel the visual projection attract your soul. Twist your mind. Revamp the total sum of your Self so that you're ready to show what the Hell hides inside that shell. One song after another, revival continuum. Astral geometrics, metaphysical meanings; it all flowed through your unconcsious, appearing only on your face, through your screams, in the hand that you cut the air with repeatedly.
Maynard really did say it best - "And it was magical."

Having spent my physical abilities to the brim (apparent by the amount of salt surfacing over my clothes), I had to extricate myself after the last song. The buzzing of people wouldn't stop until the Arena's administration forced a full closure - something many people found rude, to say the least. Fortunately, a certain (English?) fellow helped to extend the time so that even this mortal could get a Tool T-shirt.
Thanks for showing me a smile after I could thank you, sir.

To shorten an already well extended story down a notch, I'd just like to give my thanks to the whole band, whether they get a hold of this post or not. To all their assistants, managers, workforce. Also, thanks to all my friends who helped me reach the best experience in my life (literally). To all the smiles and laughs. Thanks to all the people in the crowd who contributed to making this concert noteworthy for the band - I think their having played The Pot is enough to justify this claim. And, of course, my special thanks to Justin for agreeing that my T-shirt is sexy. Rawr.

Next, my apologies. To all the people I might've hurt in my mindless expressions during the concert. To all the people I annoyed and wasted their time with my eccentric behavior. To Justin, since I came off wrong with a Bill Hicks reference (rest his soul), thereby irritating him. And to all the people I might've lost forever. I wish I had a pen and paper to jot down everyone's username, or e-mail. To at least, y'know, get in touch.

Hope to see everyone again some day. Perhaps on another concert. =)

Cheers!
and you sold me.

Last edited by depleted; 06-28-2006 at 08:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

if u wanna see some pics go to http://www.partypeople.cz/article/?rowid=1085
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

" We ROCKED YOU PRAGUE AN IT WAS MAGICAL "

Last edited by elmafiachi; 06-28-2006 at 08:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:54 AM   #30

this was my first tool gig...and it was unreal...I came from Ireland especially...and it was just deadly..
I was a bit worried about what the acoustics would sound like in the arena...but I had no complaints...
I managed to get a camera in by putting it down my pants...but once in I didn't take any...saw too many people getting thrown out and I wasn't risking it..I took some with my phone towards the end..but they'r not that great...
I was pretty glad that people stopped smoking cos at the start people kept lighting up and it was going right into my face...although one girl did continue even after the pot...everyone else was able to stop, so I'm not sure why her addiction was unmanageable
anyways...it was an unreal gig...the best one i've ever been to...I was really close...but the people that were moshing infront of us were spas, they hit the person i was with they were going so much...its a fucking tool gig ffs.
And I'd like to thank the 6 foot something asshole that pushed his way passed me half way through the gig and stood directly infront of me... Like in all fairness...wheres the sense in standing infront of a 5'3 girl who obviously won't be able to see...anyways, ta, cos in the end some nice guys let us up infront of them and we got closer to the stage again.
Anyways, the whole thing was amazing...I'm still smiling thinking about it...I'm gonna try and get some money together to fly out and see them again somewhere...

Oh and I CAUGHT ONE OF DANNY'S DRUMSTICK AT THE END!!!! fucking delighted!!!

and Hi to all the nice people we met over there....especially they guy from near munich that was on the same tram as us going and coming back from the gig...they were deadly nice....
lol.

yay tool!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2006, 12:40 AM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

My long journey on a bus from Romania to see this great show was worth all the efforts; it was the best show and best atmosphere I have ever seen, I will do my best to see as many Tool shows as possible in the future (at least I hope so!).

I will only say in the end: art and real live performance!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:51 AM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper
My long journey on a bus from Romania to see this great show was worth all the efforts; it was the best show and best atmosphere I have ever seen, I will do my best to see as many Tool shows as possible in the future (at least I hope so!).

I will only say in the end: art and real live performance!
i absolutely agree with you. the atmosphere was magical. i have never been so happy, so excited and so much into music like in prague. million times thanks to Tool and to all great fans who were there. we all made this night eternal :-))
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2006, 04:41 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow what a night! Everything I hoped for happened, I travelled to Prague with my wonderful girlfriend to see Tool because it was her birthday.

We got right on the barrier, infront of Danny, got treated to the Pot, caught a stick, then met most of them after the show. unbelieveable.

Hi to Depleted, yes your t-shirt was sexy, ha ha, and a big thanks to Thanatopsis, that bar you took us to was cool.

There is a picture of me and my lovely lady grinning like idiots at the barrier on that picture link. (pics 9 and 10)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-28-2006, 05:50 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Heys! New to this page, but I listen Tool for a few years. This evening really was magical, and as I can read from Your posts, not for me only. I surely cannot decide, only guess what the mood of the bandmembers was, whether they REALLY enjoyed the show or it was just a "professional mask". But I have to admit, that I´ve seen a lot of "big" band´s gigs, and all of them just went offstage after the last song and waited for their fans screams their voices out to add some more - I call it "big band´s stereotype", but that´s beside the point. Tool after their last song didn´t go anywhere.....they just sat on the platform and enjoyed the crowd. That´s, my mates, what I personally consider as "a magical moment" . The show was great and the ppl too so I´d really love to believe, that they´ll be in november back again. Do You think this could be trusted? Yeah, and when my friend put some short videos form Prague gig on the net, I´ll give You a link, alright? ;)
Old 07-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

I don't think I am recovered yet, but at least I can write a little more. As everyone is saying, the show was amazing, first time to see Tool live after a run of bad luck and missin their concerts. Danny is amazing, I don't think anyone is that good in what he does. Unbelievable to listen to him. Maynard saounded great as well. I loved the fact that they added The Pot. Schism was performed unbelievably and Aenima to finish it was the shit. Every single song was amazing, I know it is all superlatives, but the experience was way past anything I have seen before.
Too bad I will not be here in November anymore even though I didn't hear him say anything about the November show. I will definitely have to try to catch them someewhere else if they return to this area.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: