Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
holotrope's Avatar holotrope
04-04-2007, 10:11 AM

hey folks, my band has entered our song "Cold" into a competition online. If we win, we get to play at Koko club, which is a really great venue here in London, and we'll get a pro recording of the track. This would really help us get heard, and help us decide whether we should just continue to make music as a hobby, or if we want to start gearing our lives towards being full-time musicians...

So if you like our music, and want to help the UK rock scene outgrow it's skinny jeans, then
VOTE!.
Help people, you lazy bum
Old 04-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 21
Help my band?

hey folks, my band has entered our song "Cold" into a competition online. If we win, we get to play at Koko club, which is a really great venue here in London, and we'll get a pro recording of the track. This would really help us get heard, and help us decide whether we should just continue to make music as a hobby, or if we want to start gearing our lives towards being full-time musicians...

So if you like our music, and want to help the UK rock scene outgrow it's skinny jeans, then
VOTE!.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
04-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Dude I definitely voted! You guys definitely deserve it (when is your CD coming out? I'm so gonna buy it)

...can we vote twice?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282
Re: Help my band?

Dude I definitely voted! You guys definitely deserve it (when is your CD coming out? I'm so gonna buy it)

...can we vote twice?
04-04-2007, 12:52 PM

holy shit man, my bands in bournemouth? where do you play?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 7425

holy shit man, my bands in bournemouth? where do you play?
04-04-2007, 01:11 PM

I wish I lived in Europe. I would come see you guys.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173

I wish I lived in Europe. I would come see you guys.
04-04-2007, 02:00 PM

@esurient- Thank you for the vote. The CD comes out when we can get enough studio time to record it (it's a long album) which involves quite a lot of money, cos we want to do it well. We're going to work over the summer, and hopefully gigs start attracting more curious strangers, so hopefully we'll have something out by the end of september... we might release some more demos, but we're not sure. I don't know if you can vote twice, it probably tracks your IP, but thanks for the thought ;).

@kingred, right now we're only playing in London, but we'll try to get around a bit over the summer. I'll let you know if we're coming to your neck of the woods.

@from death we are nothing- thanks! with any luck, that won't be necessary and we'll make it out to the states *fingers crossed* (though there are still plenty of good reasons to move to Europe ;))

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

@esurient- Thank you for the vote. The CD comes out when we can get enough studio time to record it (it's a long album) which involves quite a lot of money, cos we want to do it well. We're going to work over the summer, and hopefully gigs start attracting more curious strangers, so hopefully we'll have something out by the end of september... we might release some more demos, but we're not sure. I don't know if you can vote twice, it probably tracks your IP, but thanks for the thought ;).

@kingred, right now we're only playing in London, but we'll try to get around a bit over the summer. I'll let you know if we're coming to your neck of the woods.

@from death we are nothing- thanks! with any luck, that won't be necessary and we'll make it out to the states *fingers crossed* (though there are still plenty of good reasons to move to Europe ;))

Thanks for the support guys!
04-15-2007, 05:53 AM

*bump*

some american band is trying to knock us off the top spot... help!
Old 04-15-2007, 05:53 AM   #6
Level 9 - Obstreperous

*bump*

shifty50fs
04-15-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotrope View Post
*bump*

You guys are kicking that competition's ass. Gave you a few 10's to help ensure the win.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
*bump*

You guys are kicking that competition's ass. Gave you a few 10's to help ensure the win.
04-15-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty50fs View Post
what do you guys earn if you win the competition btw? I didn't read up...

I voted...again...
Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #8

Quote:
what do you guys earn if you win the competition btw? I didn't read up...

I voted...again...
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM

lol, thanks guys!

We win a gig opening for these big Indie-rock bands (so we get to show a bunch of industry types what rock is supposed to sound like) at an awesome venue, and a professional recording of the track. This all comes with additional promo (a spread in Notion magazine about the band, song used in some kind of promotional event, etc.) so it'll be pretty damn good for us if we win!

You guys are all awesome for helping out! Expect shout-outs when we play your home town ;)
Old 04-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

lol, thanks guys!

We win a gig opening for these big Indie-rock bands (so we get to show a bunch of industry types what rock is supposed to sound like) at an awesome venue, and a professional recording of the track. This all comes with additional promo (a spread in Notion magazine about the band, song used in some kind of promotional event, etc.) so it'll be pretty damn good for us if we win!

You guys are all awesome for helping out! Expect shout-outs when we play your home town ;)
shifty50fs
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Expect shout-outs when we play your home town ;)
I'd love a shout-out, sure....but if you came all the way over here, I'd rather a chance to open for you guys and ride your coat-tails as you explode on the scene :)
Old 04-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Expect shout-outs when we play your home town ;)
I'd love a shout-out, sure....but if you came all the way over here, I'd rather a chance to open for you guys and ride your coat-tails as you explode on the scene :)
x7 Lateralus 7x's Avatar x7 Lateralus 7x
04-15-2007, 07:28 PM

I don't know how to work this site, how do I vote for you?

BTW I like the sound, it's like a new kind of rock, almost similar to what I've always wanted to do.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1142

I don't know how to work this site, how do I vote for you?

BTW I like the sound, it's like a new kind of rock, almost similar to what I've always wanted to do.
04-16-2007, 03:47 AM

@ shifty50fs- I guess it all depends when/how we get to the States. I know you were half-joking, but if we manage to self-release and can make enough that way, then I'd love to pick up a bunch of different unsigned acts we like for different parts of the country, so we can help get them heard. That said, we'll be extreeeeeemely lucky if we can fund a US tour off our own backs, so if we do end up there anytime soon, it would most likely be with a label, who'd probably want to plug their latest new emo crap and tour us as THEIR openers. But if we ever make it big (so wierd to think like that) and can make more of our own decisions, we'll definitely do a lot to help good unsigned acts get some exposure. Moral of the story: keep rockin!

@ x7Lateralus7x- there's the box in the middle-right of the screen which has a 1-10 rating scale, just click (10) and then click [vote!] :)

I'm glad you like the sound, we're exactly trying to make a new kind of rock, just because there's so much to explore in rock music, and people keep restricting it and homogenizing it into genres so that everything ends up being crap. A few legendary bands notably escape these bonds, but I think what we really want to demonstrate with our music is that even small deviations from what is familiar can have a massive impact on the creative/listening experience. Hopefully, people will carry that message into their lives in a general sense as well, and realise that small calculated changes in their familiar patterns of action/response can enrich their experience thousands of times over.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

@ shifty50fs- I guess it all depends when/how we get to the States. I know you were half-joking, but if we manage to self-release and can make enough that way, then I'd love to pick up a bunch of different unsigned acts we like for different parts of the country, so we can help get them heard. That said, we'll be extreeeeeemely lucky if we can fund a US tour off our own backs, so if we do end up there anytime soon, it would most likely be with a label, who'd probably want to plug their latest new emo crap and tour us as THEIR openers. But if we ever make it big (so wierd to think like that) and can make more of our own decisions, we'll definitely do a lot to help good unsigned acts get some exposure. Moral of the story: keep rockin!

@ x7Lateralus7x- there's the box in the middle-right of the screen which has a 1-10 rating scale, just click (10) and then click [vote!] :)

I'm glad you like the sound, we're exactly trying to make a new kind of rock, just because there's so much to explore in rock music, and people keep restricting it and homogenizing it into genres so that everything ends up being crap. A few legendary bands notably escape these bonds, but I think what we really want to demonstrate with our music is that even small deviations from what is familiar can have a massive impact on the creative/listening experience. Hopefully, people will carry that message into their lives in a general sense as well, and realise that small calculated changes in their familiar patterns of action/response can enrich their experience thousands of times over.
04-19-2007, 09:01 AM

damn that narallis, they're so hot right now...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

shifty50fs
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
How long do you guys have to hang on to the lead for?

It only let me vote twice. If you know a way around that let me know and I'll vote pump for a little while.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #14

Quote:

It only let me vote twice. If you know a way around that let me know and I'll vote pump for a little while.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
04-19-2007, 01:14 PM

ILl vote soon
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

ILl vote soon
04-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:

firefox - anonomizer add-on "changes ip address"

that might work
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #16

Quote:

firefox - anonomizer add-on "changes ip address"

that might work
04-19-2007, 01:33 PM

I like you guy's shit. Props, and 10.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #17
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 101

I like you guy's shit. Props, and 10.
04-24-2007, 07:28 AM

Thanks again guys, we all appreciate the help!

That said, it looks like Narallis have been deleted for not having an entry. I'm not sure if they'll keep their votes if they upload something now, but for the time being we're 550 votes ahead of the next band in line... this could be very good news :D
Old 04-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #18
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Thanks again guys, we all appreciate the help!

That said, it looks like Narallis have been deleted for not having an entry. I'm not sure if they'll keep their votes if they upload something now, but for the time being we're 550 votes ahead of the next band in line... this could be very good news :D
downward_spiral's Avatar downward_spiral
04-24-2007, 07:43 AM

I gave you's a big ten. I'm liking the tunes man.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 158

I gave you's a big ten. I'm liking the tunes man.
05-10-2007, 02:57 AM

LAST DAY!!! RALLY ROUND!!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:57 AM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

05-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You guys will probably win, and if you do, you truly deserve. Along with a select few other bands, you guys produce some truly awesome works. Keep up the good stuff. Can't wait for the CD.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #21

Quote:
You guys will probably win, and if you do, you truly deserve. Along with a select few other bands, you guys produce some truly awesome works. Keep up the good stuff. Can't wait for the CD.
05-10-2007, 12:57 PM

it's not letting me vote again, but i gave you guys a 10..
good luck..
Old 05-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #22
Suicide Booth ID: 19

Bincount™: 209

it's not letting me vote again, but i gave you guys a 10..
good luck..
jevons
05-10-2007, 12:57 PM

good shit man. Got a shiver when the vocals kicked in.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #23
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

good shit man. Got a shiver when the vocals kicked in.
Hodge
05-10-2007, 01:05 PM

i Voted.!!! sounds good and i'm only listening on 1 speaker lol
Old 05-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #24
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

i Voted.!!! sounds good and i'm only listening on 1 speaker lol
05-11-2007, 09:31 AM

You guys rock! Thanks so much for all the votes, and especially for all the inspiring comments about our music.

Some other band cheated like hell and pumped the votes all the way to the top yesterday (when they weren't even in the top 5 before then) but the final decision is still up to the judges, so keep your fingers crossed!! We should find out by next week, and I'll let you guys know how it turned out.

Either way, thanks for listening and helping out!
Old 05-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #25
Level 9 - Obstreperous

You guys rock! Thanks so much for all the votes, and especially for all the inspiring comments about our music.

Some other band cheated like hell and pumped the votes all the way to the top yesterday (when they weren't even in the top 5 before then) but the final decision is still up to the judges, so keep your fingers crossed!! We should find out by next week, and I'll let you guys know how it turned out.

shifty50fs
05-14-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:

I can't believe you lost it in the final day. They cheated for sure...you guys had that competition nailed down for weeks.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #26

Quote:

I can't believe you lost it in the final day. They cheated for sure...you guys had that competition nailed down for weeks.
05-15-2007, 02:07 AM

I actually don't know what's going on right now, they haven't announced anything, and from what they've said, it doesn't seem like the votes count for that much. I'm really confused with this competition, it's really badly organized and they don't seem to be paying much attention to what's actually going on.

I messaged planetnotion yesterday, and they said the judges would announce the winners by the end of the week, but they didn't explain the delay, or why voting is still open after the close of the competition, or what the votes counted for in the first place!
I'm pretty irritated right now, just because we put a lot into getting people to vote (and a lot of people took their time to help us out) and it would suck if that doesn't count for anything.

Anyway, I'll be back when the results are announced.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 AM   #27
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I actually don't know what's going on right now, they haven't announced anything, and from what they've said, it doesn't seem like the votes count for that much. I'm really confused with this competition, it's really badly organized and they don't seem to be paying much attention to what's actually going on.

I messaged planetnotion yesterday, and they said the judges would announce the winners by the end of the week, but they didn't explain the delay, or why voting is still open after the close of the competition, or what the votes counted for in the first place!
I'm pretty irritated right now, just because we put a lot into getting people to vote (and a lot of people took their time to help us out) and it would suck if that doesn't count for anything.

Anyway, I'll be back when the results are announced.
05-18-2007, 10:46 AM

Hey folks,

We just wanted to thank everyone who voted for us on planetnotion, but unfortunately the judges decided that the world wasn't ready for Of The I, and instead settled on an act who only received 5 votes, so democracy loses again.

More than anything, we appreciate how much you all supported us in this competition, and we are humbled and inspired by our awesome listeners.

Fear not, this is nothing but another example of the homogenisation of the music industry, which is what primarily inspires us to create, so you will hear plenty more from us in the future.

Over the summer, we'll be focusing on gigging like madmen, and recording as much as we can afford, so keep your eyes and ears peeled, because we have many more tricks up our sleeve!

Peace

-Of The I-
Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #28
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Hey folks,

We just wanted to thank everyone who voted for us on planetnotion, but unfortunately the judges decided that the world wasn't ready for Of The I, and instead settled on an act who only received 5 votes, so democracy loses again.

More than anything, we appreciate how much you all supported us in this competition, and we are humbled and inspired by our awesome listeners.

Fear not, this is nothing but another example of the homogenisation of the music industry, which is what primarily inspires us to create, so you will hear plenty more from us in the future.

Over the summer, we'll be focusing on gigging like madmen, and recording as much as we can afford, so keep your eyes and ears peeled, because we have many more tricks up our sleeve!

Peace

-Of The I-
05-18-2007, 06:51 PM

wow... that sucks. dude, I was hoping you'd win too. Why the hell did they even make people vote if it was up to bias judges anyway?

Anyway, even if you didn't win the competition, you won fans and supporters in the process, and with your talent and abilities, you'll go far.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #29

wow... that sucks. dude, I was hoping you'd win too. Why the hell did they even make people vote if it was up to bias judges anyway?

Anyway, even if you didn't win the competition, you won fans and supporters in the process, and with your talent and abilities, you'll go far.
05-19-2007, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post

Well, a little news has come to our attention which makes a little more sense of the whole thing... The act that won only had five votes, but they also had their song on "The L Word" a little while ago, so why would the judges bother with votes when there's a prepackaged, produced, and promoted pop star sitting right there?

Of course we were hoping to win, because it means we would have gotten a lot of good promo opportunities quickly and easily, but there's nothing wrong with doing things the old fashioned way, and as far as that goes, we've only just begun!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:55 AM   #30
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post

Well, a little news has come to our attention which makes a little more sense of the whole thing... The act that won only had five votes, but they also had their song on "The L Word" a little while ago, so why would the judges bother with votes when there's a prepackaged, produced, and promoted pop star sitting right there?

Of course we were hoping to win, because it means we would have gotten a lot of good promo opportunities quickly and easily, but there's nothing wrong with doing things the old fashioned way, and as far as that goes, we've only just begun!
inka's Avatar inka
05-19-2007, 02:02 AM

That's like the unfairest thing I've heard of today.

But anyways they obviously failed in their attempt to diss you guys, as the people who voted for you will feel for you and then you'll get loads of crazy ass hardcore fans.

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

That's like the unfairest thing I've heard of today.

But anyways they obviously failed in their attempt to diss you guys, as the people who voted for you will feel for you and then you'll get loads of crazy ass hardcore fans.

Good luck!
05-19-2007, 04:40 AM

Nice to see you again inka! How was Finland?

As for the unfairness, I think it's the name of this game.

I started to think something was up when they changed their statement from "voting closes on May 10th" to "Last entries will be accepted on May 10th" and then delayed the results.

Now, it's obvious that they were just waiting for something like this to show up so they could make some quick cash without putting much effort into promoting a new act.

I don't suppose it's the last time something like this will happen, but next time our pack of rabid fans will take 'em down ;)
Old 05-19-2007, 04:40 AM   #32
Level 9 - Obstreperous

As for the unfairness, I think it's the name of this game.

I started to think something was up when they changed their statement from "voting closes on May 10th" to "Last entries will be accepted on May 10th" and then delayed the results.

Now, it's obvious that they were just waiting for something like this to show up so they could make some quick cash without putting much effort into promoting a new act.

I don't suppose it's the last time something like this will happen, but next time our pack of rabid fans will take 'em down ;)
inka's Avatar inka
05-19-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Finland seems like far away already, as I'm at school and revising, but it was quite amazing. It was very sunny and warm at first, but when I went to my grandpa's summer house the lake was still frozen and I had to break the ice (~10 inches) to get some water and have a nice cold swim.

There was this swan couple (that comes back every summer), they were walking on the ice and it was snowing. Everything was completely quiet and peaceful. I enjoyed it, need to go back there before I leave for the Himalayas in July... but first, I guess I should get back to revision.

See you (well, at least virtually).
Old 05-19-2007, 04:58 AM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Finland seems like far away already, as I'm at school and revising, but it was quite amazing. It was very sunny and warm at first, but when I went to my grandpa's summer house the lake was still frozen and I had to break the ice (~10 inches) to get some water and have a nice cold swim.

There was this swan couple (that comes back every summer), they were walking on the ice and it was snowing. Everything was completely quiet and peaceful. I enjoyed it, need to go back there before I leave for the Himalayas in July... but first, I guess I should get back to revision.

05-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inka View Post

Sounds fantastic, I really need to get out of the city and back to some natural surroundings.

Yeah, I'm right there with you with the revision blues- I'm (avoiding) wiriting my final essays for my course right now- but that'll be over soon and I can focus on the band much more over the summer, though I'll still have my dissertation to write.

We should have a few gigs in June after everyone's work is done, so if you have some time in London in between exams, Finland, and the Himalayas (you jet-setter, you) maybe we'll see you not-so-virtually.

I still owe you a beer ;)
Old 05-19-2007, 07:30 AM   #34
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Sounds fantastic, I really need to get out of the city and back to some natural surroundings.

Yeah, I'm right there with you with the revision blues- I'm (avoiding) wiriting my final essays for my course right now- but that'll be over soon and I can focus on the band much more over the summer, though I'll still have my dissertation to write.

We should have a few gigs in June after everyone's work is done, so if you have some time in London in between exams, Finland, and the Himalayas (you jet-setter, you) maybe we'll see you not-so-virtually.

inka's Avatar inka
05-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Yes - go, get out of London. I was also talking to a friend about going to Wales for a little field trip, apparently this can be a beautiful country as well.

Quote:
I'll remember that, hope you'll have some gigs before June 15th. Otherwise, I think your debt will increase to at least two pints by September...
Old 05-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Yes - go, get out of London. I was also talking to a friend about going to Wales for a little field trip, apparently this can be a beautiful country as well.

Quote:
I'll remember that, hope you'll have some gigs before June 15th. Otherwise, I think your debt will increase to at least two pints by September...
05-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah Wales is pretty, everything seems like it's been shrunk! You almost expect hobbits... I should be going to Switzerland for a little while this summer (we're trying to organize a gig in Zurich), and we always end up getting lost in a forest or on a mountain while there, so that'll be good.

Quote:

I'll get back to you on that, we're trying to sort out a gig on the 10th at the moment, playing with a great band (www.myspace.com/rollcallforthesecondsite), very At The Drive-In-esque, amazing live energy. Hopefully that works out, but if not, I guess it'll have to be September, but we'll be awesome by then, and we'll have a bunch of new material rehearsed, plus you'll be getting 2 free beers, so maybe that works out better!

Good luck with your exams, I'll pm you about the gig if it works out.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #36
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Yeah Wales is pretty, everything seems like it's been shrunk! You almost expect hobbits... I should be going to Switzerland for a little while this summer (we're trying to organize a gig in Zurich), and we always end up getting lost in a forest or on a mountain while there, so that'll be good.

Quote:

I'll get back to you on that, we're trying to sort out a gig on the 10th at the moment, playing with a great band (www.myspace.com/rollcallforthesecondsite), very At The Drive-In-esque, amazing live energy. Hopefully that works out, but if not, I guess it'll have to be September, but we'll be awesome by then, and we'll have a bunch of new material rehearsed, plus you'll be getting 2 free beers, so maybe that works out better!

Good luck with your exams, I'll pm you about the gig if it works out.
inka's Avatar inka
05-21-2007, 02:53 AM

Cool. Hope it works out, though I have to say that I don't really want to be put in a situation where I have to choose between a Hoegaarden and a Guinness - maybe September would be better...

Good luck with your essays too (not that you'd need it).
Old 05-21-2007, 02:53 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Cool. Hope it works out, though I have to say that I don't really want to be put in a situation where I have to choose between a Hoegaarden and a Guinness - maybe September would be better...

Good luck with your essays too (not that you'd need it).
05-25-2007, 02:24 PM

My boyfriend Edge386 clicked on your signature link to your band site, and we listened and it's all very melodic, dreamy.. pretty damn cool. And even though you didnt win the contest, you'll be better off I'm sure, because everything happens for a reason. Something better will come along. Your band is jammin'!!

Keep us all updated on an album release!! :)
Old 05-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #38

Bincount™: 11

My boyfriend Edge386 clicked on your signature link to your band site, and we listened and it's all very melodic, dreamy.. pretty damn cool. And even though you didnt win the contest, you'll be better off I'm sure, because everything happens for a reason. Something better will come along. Your band is jammin'!!

Keep us all updated on an album release!! :)
05-25-2007, 02:32 PM

My wife and i wanted to vote for yous guys, but it was already over. Sounds like drugs oar a peace of chicken swimming through marinade. We love the sound.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #39

Bincount™: 4

My wife and i wanted to vote for yous guys, but it was already over. Sounds like drugs oar a peace of chicken swimming through marinade. We love the sound.
05-29-2007, 06:37 AM

^^^ Thanks for the compliments! Always glad to hear when people enjoy what we're doing :)

Interestingly, both drugs and marinated (or sometimes southern-fried) chicken have been essential to our musical endeavours, but I wasn't so sure that people would be able to pick out the latter influence ;)

I'll definitely update when we have more stuff out (we're going to release some new recordings over the summer while we raise the cash to record the full album).
Old 05-29-2007, 06:37 AM   #40
Level 9 - Obstreperous

^^^ Thanks for the compliments! Always glad to hear when people enjoy what we're doing :)

Interestingly, both drugs and marinated (or sometimes southern-fried) chicken have been essential to our musical endeavours, but I wasn't so sure that people would be able to pick out the latter influence ;)

I'll definitely update when we have more stuff out (we're going to release some new recordings over the summer while we raise the cash to record the full album).

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply