opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 03-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 779
Re: hold on..,read this!,its important...its not poetry..

It was Socrates, and he said it in a time when people are suspected to have been colourblind.

We must evolve ideas.

Who said that?

I know i am just one point of view, but who does my perspective rape? Nobody. Who does it lie to? SNobody. I think i'm on the right track because it keeps everyone one the same level, even higher forms of intelligence.

tree = man = God

It's all perspective, which is usually bunk.

From a bug on a twirling figure skater, it is the world that appears to be spinning, not the figure skater.

Who said that?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #42
swept underneath my skin

Bincount™: 1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
We must evolve ideas.
Who said that?
bill hicks.

not sure about the other one.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #43
Banned.

Brian Greene, in The Fabric of The Cosmos.
Highly reccomended for entry-level physics readers.

Back to the debate.

I WIN

egoegoego
Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #44
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat404 View Post
how do you know god exists?

how do you, yourself, sam905, define god?
okm well, i dont want this to get into some kinda argument, this just a disscusion.

god is the bieng/entity/alien/soul whatever that breathed life into the world and universe
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #45

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstDegree View Post
Unfortunately God is not an easy issue. No matter what someone says, the ending of the argument is simply: We cant prove anything. I have faith that God exists through personal experiences and experiments.. but it also takes faith and trust in things that I cannot see but I can sense. There are feelings, thoughts, emotions that are unexplainable and a force that guides Me because I allow it to. Its too hard to explain, and I try not to. The Direction Ive been steered in, and Jevons will probably agree.. is that God has something to do with Love and God has something to do with the Word or in another term.. the language that makes up the Universe. (Just like Computer Coding makes up a Website or another Code on a CD makes a Video Game 'World'). Science and Psychology arent far enough advanced to understand our Physical Being and The Religion Ive been raised in (Christianity) in My opinion has been so badly skewed by Idiots and Greedy Fuckers it's almost completely unrealistic to walk into any Church and expect to hear anything close to the 'truth'. But.. across different religions the fundamentals remain the same.. help each other and be peaceful beings and move together into the future.. so I guess that's where We can all start.

Sorry for butting in. I apologize. I couldnt help myself. I really am sorry. =)

dude, great post nothing to apoligize for, i agree the church is proablly one of the most corrupt organizations to date, as with the science being not advanced enough, well i think its us that arent advanced as enough , the science is however advanced we make it and were not even close to finding the answer, guess we all just have to wait till 46 and 2 right?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #46
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam905 View Post
dude, great post nothing to apoligize for, i agree the church is proablly one of the most corrupt organizations to date, as with the science being not advanced enough, well i think its us that arent advanced as enough , the science is however advanced we make it and were not even close to finding the answer, guess we all just have to wait till 46 and 2 right?
Waiting?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #47

Bincount™: 43

formation of galaxies resulted due to slight variation in temperature which lead to the formation of "lumps" otherwise our universe would have been an infinite uniform cloud of dust
this variation of temperature was clearly one of the events which would have been impossible without the intervention of "Mr God"
just one of the many things that pushes me to think that there IS a God
Old 03-31-2007, 02:25 AM   #48

the evolution of human beings was not an uncontrolled process..
there is a strong sense of direction in the path it followed..
how would you explain the patterns on peacock's feathers as a simple "genetic mutation" and "natural selection" consequence
Old 03-31-2007, 02:48 AM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 96

I watched something recently that asked the question what the largest extinction was.
Most people say dinosaurs instantly. however they have now found that there were animals similar to dinosaurs that suffered a 95% loss of life on the planet. It was instigated by a mass volcanic eruption, in Asia somewhere, i forget now, but it made the temperature of the planet increase by 4 degrees. this 4 degrees was enough to create changes within the planet, ice caps melting etc, and many of the land animals died as a result of all the carbon monoxide? that was released into the air. The melting of the ice caused a large pocket of methane in the ocean to be freed and so many of the creatures in the sea died. The death of the sea animals and the large amount of methane that also entered the air caused for all but 5% of the creatures on the ground to die.
So they are now concluding that we evolved from these weird mammal dinosaurs that resembled cows. though they are nothing like us, they had a quality that enabled them to survive the gasses.
So natural selection kind of gets wiped clean every now and then. It happend again with the dinosaurs, it is proven that a meteor struck the world. The two large events can be described as nature, or almost coincidence - the meteor's path coming close enough to earth to be pulled directly to the ground. However this conclusion of many years of scientific research can be veiwed as proving that we exist because of simple natural phenomina within the planet, or just by chance. But also those of us that are considering a higher being within all of these calculations can say that God caused such eruptions or meteors to strike the earth. As if these mammal/dinosaurs were the tests of life, the ugly experiment, God testing his ability to create a life.
With this point however, the arguement is flawwed, as for God to be wise enough to create life and alter the world/universe in such substantial ways, God would also obviously not need to make such experimental animals.
Even if he did wipe them clean to start over, or just keep the cream of the crop, this suggests our lives mean nothing to God, which makes many of the teachings within the bible etc complete rubbish, such as living a good life to then go to heaven and share a wonderful existance with God. If God cared for life enough to bring them to his level once we died, he couldn't possibly just destroy masses of life.
If he did destroy masses of life, then by his own rule their spirit(whatever it is that does go to heaven or hell) would now be with him. He would not create "dud" life, then destroy it to bring them to him.

There are no doubt many flaws in my argument, though for me i can see an endless amount of flaws within the idea that a higher being created the world and life on the world.

What do ya'll think

Don't get big ideas, they are not going to happen.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #50
Banned.

Me first.
(Me, We)

What we're looking at here is not the potential for ''God'''s disgust with us, but a certainty.
Have you ever see The March Of The Penguins?
Emperor Penguins. They are birds that can't fly, (reptile descendants) who swim all year round, but because of some memory of being born on land, they walk 70 miles to get to a place, often sliding on the ground, using their wings as rudders.
They have found a way, despite it being an absurd one, to be the only living land animal on a continent.
Birds that walk.
Think about it.
We have had better ways to do things, more highly tuned, precise ways of doing things (the Mayan temples have carvings of astronauts), we have, for some many thousands of years, begun to live like Penguins in a desert: a cold, windy, desert of the mind.
And we're still here.
Sure, we could join the other birds in the tropics, but some of us don't remember the way, the continents have drifted so far, and our life has such a system to it, most would just as soon keep surviving.
It's an ocean to swim back, and it would have to be individual choices to influence a collective.

Some say what i speak of is not a ''fall'' from grace, as you can never be farther away, or closer to God than you are right now. If that is the case, then this life is naught but a test, a test for what, a test of what? I don't know. But, these things being true, nothing could be anything but chaos, so how does the random maintain the balance of things so accurately?

I doubt it's a case of God saying, like a Roman Emperor: these critters displease me, TAKE THEM AWAY!!!
I just think they had no foresight, but some, as you said, got lucky. These lucky passed on the traditions of life until some form of transmutation (study LeMark, it might help you out) took place where the ''obsolete'' form of life became more adept at surviving; which in turn perpetuates life.

I, for one, though, am sick of survivalism, and i want to come back to the tropics.
But i was born in winter.
If God is still a being somewhere, i guarantee it will not permit us to destroy all life on this planet for our own misguided gains.
That is pure illogic.
We are not that important.

What if we pollute the water, and the Emperor Penguins primary food source disappears? Their clutch to the thinnest, farthest, most arched limb on the tree of life would snap, and a thousand man-walking birds who don't fly, their testimonial, would simply vanish.
Not only are we merely surviving, we are destroying proof, validation of life all over the planet.

We are not parasitic by nature, we are parasitic by practice.

What would you do with a diseased little consciousness?

We have a choice. A return to ''grace'' or life in the void. A bustling, squirming, void.

don't vote jevons.

Last edited by jevons; 03-31-2007 at 11:11 AM..
Old 03-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #51
Banned.

*cough*
Old 03-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #52

life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life...
this is necessary..
this IS inevitable...
we humans have a very good diet...
Old 04-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #53
Banned.

And now another happy episode of ''Humans are fucking _______,'' here's your host, Jonny Blank.

Each hamburger patty from ___________ contains ALL of the following: human urine and vomit, bovine fecal matter, marrow and, um, by-products, as well as the waste and assorted microbes from rats, mice, cockroaches and bacterial communes that infest the packing plants.
Jack in the ___ fed hundreds of people such trash back in the 90's that the bacteria ate their fucking brains while they were still alive; the popular restaurant almost went under as a result of the *coughs into microphone*, ahem, bad press.
But they made it.

Stay tuned for ''What's ______ about the Weinstiens?", same bat time, same bat channel, as we continue, the March of War.

Eat Snacky Smores.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #54
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
Originally Posted by author of bible View Post
who are we?
what are we doing here?
What are we supposed to do
are we creations.. or creators..
these questions have been bugging me ever since i started thinking for myself..
be born ..give birth...die....
is that all?
are we the result of a series of coincidences?
if there really is a creator or something...why doesnt he turn up...whats the point of concealing himself?
if life is just a dream what is the reality?
I know that this might not be the best place to hold this personal kind of question
but I believe that in this viscinity im not the only one who thinks this way..
Does meditation and sprituality hold an answer or its a puzzle in itself
I want to know what you guys think about it...
please help me out...

this is the disease of the 20-21st century.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #55
Banned.

who am i?

who am i?

who am i?
Old 04-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
this is the disease of the 20-21st century.
its good to hear from someone, from the old stone age...
"haba hooga hooga aay "(welcome to the 21st century..)
Old 04-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #57
Banned.

who am i?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 96

you are you, another fish in the pond, another chance creation, you are..............
existing.

Maybe.

Don't get big ideas, they are not going to happen.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:15 AM   #59
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600

*pops head in*
hi guys, enjoyed reading this thread, too lazy to put thoughts into words.
*later*
Old 04-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #60
Banned.

who am i?

edit: for author of bible's eyes only
Old 04-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #61
Banned.

You keep throwing Socrates at me, and i keep saying fuck the old ideas.

There is the potential to move Humanity as one, like all other things. No hippy dippy shit, something always dies. The system could grow.

We could see how stupid genital mutilation is. We could treat women like people, not let them think they're men (cuz i'm pretty sure that's fucked, as well as a debasement of their entire quest: dress as men to be equal to men?)
Old 04-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #62
Banned.

Evolve the ''we can know nothing'' into ''is it ever necessary for you to know more than a neighbour?''

Answer: Fuck no.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
who am i?

edit: for author of bible's eyes only
you are...
Mr.Quite Irritating
Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #64
Banned.

What do you spit out every time you open your mouth?
Rhymes with clichée?

I was joking about your situation, since you have been given a metric ton of good advice and blown right past it into your next assortment of fatigued ''musings'' and hackneyed statements.

This is a section for poetry and prose, not ignorant little monkeys with too many sentences from other peoples' heads; think about that the next time you start a thread, or perhaps just consider how many people came to play with you, despite your predictably childish suppositions and page ruffling quotations.

Figure it out for yourself from here on in, the freebees just dried up.

Irritated yet, ******?

( LabRat, I posted wrongly above a bit, i mistook page 1 for page 2, and commented on something that had previously happened.)
Old 04-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #65
Banned.

WHO AM I???
Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 AM   #66
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:51 AM   #67
Banned.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!11111111
Old 04-03-2007, 07:00 AM   #68

thanks for all the suggestions and answers...
THE PARTY IS OVER!!
(hope this is what you wanted)

for jevon's eyes only..
Old 04-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #69
Banned.

Who am i?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:17 AM   #70
Banned.

who the fuck do you think you are??
Old 04-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #71
Banned.

who me?

Who the fuck do i think i am?

Who the fuck are you?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #72
Banned.

I AM WHO I AM.

wtf
Old 04-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #73
Banned.

you know this was a joke, right.

Like, smiles and such?

Existential dillemas are funny?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #74

lets a give a laughter for our johnny boy's very-funny little joke
here goes mine
ha ha
now you dont have a reason to feel dejected
Old 04-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 381

hehehehe

I missed You guys =P

"They fought and they clawed like savages. At the end none had found what they were looking for; and they simply returned to nothing, like they were before."

First degree knows good shit when he sees it. - Ignoring Ignorance
Old 04-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #76
Banned.

haha very funny.

:|
Old 04-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #77
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 381

dont take it personal, iota. Jack is hard edged like that. Hes really just being sarcastic 100% of the time. He means well in what He says, though =)

"They fought and they clawed like savages. At the end none had found what they were looking for; and they simply returned to nothing, like they were before."

First degree knows good shit when he sees it. - Ignoring Ignorance
Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 AM   #78

well said, bro..
and welcome back..
Old 04-06-2007, 06:34 AM   #79
Banned.

oh, i was just perpetuating the cool sarcastic/ironic posts i was making with jevons.

hes got the hots for me.

hi, boys!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #80
Banned.

binned.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: