Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Neil
04-23-2006, 02:52 AM

I sincerely apologise if this has been stated before, but, in Kabir's review of 10,000 days from the listening party he went to a week ago, I found a compelling clue to support the hoax theory.

Kabir says that he was told that Viginti Tres is a segue.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:52 AM   #81
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10,000 Days Leak Comedy Gold!

I sincerely apologise if this has been stated before, but, in Kabir's review of 10,000 days from the listening party he went to a week ago, I found a compelling clue to support the hoax theory.

04-23-2006, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Good point, well made. Surely it would of been referred to as a walk out track, or something similar. Segue just ties pieces of music together.

But perhaps we shouldn't delve too deep into semantics.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 04-23-2006, 03:37 AM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Good point, well made. Surely it would of been referred to as a walk out track, or something similar. Segue just ties pieces of music together.

But perhaps we shouldn't delve too deep into semantics.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
OFFLINE |  
peirix
04-23-2006, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhos
you don't have to wait on this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/thyrane_da/Tool-10000Daysback.jpg

wow. i guess you just proved all the non-believers wrong, didn't you?
mr. S-M-R-T!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:45 AM   #83
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhos
you don't have to wait on this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/thyrane_da/Tool-10000Daysback.jpg

wow. i guess you just proved all the non-believers wrong, didn't you?
mr. S-M-R-T!
OFFLINE |  
joeshabadoo
04-23-2006, 08:55 AM

that "back cover" looks suspiciously photochopped
Old 04-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #84
Level 1 - Lurker

OFFLINE |  
robbiemay
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM

I don't think the leak is by any means a hoax. I really like it, but that $27 import on amazon is just weird to me, and also keeps the chance alive we might be getting something more on may 16 (import release date) Just ideal thinking, wait and see
Old 04-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #85
Level 3 - Talker

I don't think the leak is by any means a hoax. I really like it, but that $27 import on amazon is just weird to me, and also keeps the chance alive we might be getting something more on may 16 (import release date) Just ideal thinking, wait and see
OFFLINE |  
allusion7.0's Avatar allusion7.0
04-23-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules
You "hoax" people kill me. Have any of you ever PLAYED a musical instrument professionally? Do you have even the slightest idea what it takes to put together a tune like Vicarious or Jambi? No, you don't. You people need to get the hell out of here and go find some other negativity to fill your guts. This IS the new TOOL and if you don't like it, go buy some other band's stuff, get on their fan sites and tell THEM how bad they are at what they do. Leave us happy people alone. Or just blow your brains out. That would probably be easier on everyone. You hoax people are a bunch of losers. I'd love to know the average W-2 income and average IQ of all the "hoax" people. They would both be low numbers IMO.
fucking right. eat glass dickweeds. would you spout the same shit if you'd bought the album on May 2nd?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #86
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL_Rules
You "hoax" people kill me. Have any of you ever PLAYED a musical instrument professionally? Do you have even the slightest idea what it takes to put together a tune like Vicarious or Jambi? No, you don't. You people need to get the hell out of here and go find some other negativity to fill your guts. This IS the new TOOL and if you don't like it, go buy some other band's stuff, get on their fan sites and tell THEM how bad they are at what they do. Leave us happy people alone. Or just blow your brains out. That would probably be easier on everyone. You hoax people are a bunch of losers. I'd love to know the average W-2 income and average IQ of all the "hoax" people. They would both be low numbers IMO.
fucking right. eat glass dickweeds. would you spout the same shit if you'd bought the album on May 2nd?
bjornwad
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM

I've only allowed myself to listen to Vicarious and The Pot.

The Pot is stinking HILARIOUS! "who are you to wave your finger? who are you to wave your FATTY FINGERS at me?"

WHAAATTT??!!!???

Did Maynard just say, "Fatty Finger?"

what's next?
"Who are you to wave your Fatty-fat Fatty fat fats fingers? Fatteroni Fatogoli with Cheese!"

anyone else think it's funny?

Last edited by bjornwad; 04-23-2006 at 03:28 PM..
Old 04-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #87
Level 3 - Talker

I've only allowed myself to listen to Vicarious and The Pot.

The Pot is stinking HILARIOUS! "who are you to wave your finger? who are you to wave your FATTY FINGERS at me?"

WHAAATTT??!!!???

Did Maynard just say, "Fatty Finger?"

what's next?
"Who are you to wave your Fatty-fat Fatty fat fats fingers? Fatteroni Fatogoli with Cheese!"

anyone else think it's funny?

Last edited by bjornwad; 04-23-2006 at 03:28 PM..
OFFLINE |  
LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineeredthought
This is ridiculous, the people who defend this album to the end and slam anyone who has a contrary thought are being shortsighted and closeminded. There are tons of little inconsistancies and odd things about this album and the way it leaked. You have absolutely no proof that this is without a doubt the real deal. The people on the other side who believe in the hoax dont have any real proof either, but they have plenty of ammo. So the songs are good right? Ok, why does that automatically negate the chance that there is more to this than meets the eye. Being good doesnt prove anything, in fact it only adds more ammo to the hoax side. If it were obviously a joke, then whats the use in trying at all? Im not sure where I land on this, but I am leaning toward there being more than we know at this point. Just try to accept that MANY others feel the same way without running them down and acting self righteous.

Son, I think you just proved that Tool is now it's own religion, along with it's own misguided followers. But which camp is misguided?

I say the people who like this album are the misguided, because I obviously think this album is pretty awful.

Let the jihad roll on.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #88
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineeredthought
This is ridiculous, the people who defend this album to the end and slam anyone who has a contrary thought are being shortsighted and closeminded. There are tons of little inconsistancies and odd things about this album and the way it leaked. You have absolutely no proof that this is without a doubt the real deal. The people on the other side who believe in the hoax dont have any real proof either, but they have plenty of ammo. So the songs are good right? Ok, why does that automatically negate the chance that there is more to this than meets the eye. Being good doesnt prove anything, in fact it only adds more ammo to the hoax side. If it were obviously a joke, then whats the use in trying at all? Im not sure where I land on this, but I am leaning toward there being more than we know at this point. Just try to accept that MANY others feel the same way without running them down and acting self righteous.

Son, I think you just proved that Tool is now it's own religion, along with it's own misguided followers. But which camp is misguided?

I say the people who like this album are the misguided, because I obviously think this album is pretty awful.

Let the jihad roll on.
OFFLINE |  
allusion7.0's Avatar allusion7.0
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulty
It would be funny as fuck if this was really a prank and on May 2nd nothing came out and they made us wait another few years
i giggle in a high voice right here
Old 04-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #89
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulty
It would be funny as fuck if this was really a prank and on May 2nd nothing came out and they made us wait another few years
i giggle in a high voice right here
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM

pretty sure they are allowed to completly fuck over fans, music stores etc, by giving them false info, false promotion etc, but i am sure they will have to release something may 1st. if they don't it would of been a waste of time and hype, look at the hype 10kd days has started, and when peple realise it was a fake it will only create more publicity.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #90
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

pretty sure they are allowed to completly fuck over fans, music stores etc, by giving them false info, false promotion etc, but i am sure they will have to release something may 1st. if they don't it would of been a waste of time and hype, look at the hype 10kd days has started, and when peple realise it was a fake it will only create more publicity.
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-23-2006, 04:44 PM

You guys are supposed to be Tool fans. You are the ones who study every musical note and put every word under a microscope. This is not A+ material. This leak is just full of out takes and gags. It is refreshing to hear them play new songs after a 5 year absence. But a man dying of thirst would be grateful to have a drink of muddy water.

This leak came out of no where. It is very unusual. Things like music and other copyrighted material usually show up on Usenet first not Torrents. And there is more than a single source….That group takes credit for it too. And it was encoded in m4a’s. That is just weird. It’s usually encoded to Mp3’s in either VBR or 256kb or higher. Even if Joe Shmoe got a hold of this album, don’t you think others would as well? This thing wasn’t even in shipment when it was leaked.

If this happens to be the real deal I will Man Up and admit I was wrong….. Could you?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #91
Level 4 - Thinker

You guys are supposed to be Tool fans. You are the ones who study every musical note and put every word under a microscope. This is not A+ material. This leak is just full of out takes and gags. It is refreshing to hear them play new songs after a 5 year absence. But a man dying of thirst would be grateful to have a drink of muddy water.

This leak came out of no where. It is very unusual. Things like music and other copyrighted material usually show up on Usenet first not Torrents. And there is more than a single source….That group takes credit for it too. And it was encoded in m4a’s. That is just weird. It’s usually encoded to Mp3’s in either VBR or 256kb or higher. Even if Joe Shmoe got a hold of this album, don’t you think others would as well? This thing wasn’t even in shipment when it was leaked.

If this happens to be the real deal I will Man Up and admit I was wrong….. Could you?
04-23-2006, 04:55 PM

You know, I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who noticed that this mysterious leak happened right before april 20th. Jesus, there's a song on there about people being high, and the leak happens right before international weed day...
Old 04-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #92
Level 3 - Talker

You know, I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who noticed that this mysterious leak happened right before april 20th. Jesus, there's a song on there about people being high, and the leak happens right before international weed day...
OFFLINE |  
tangent's Avatar tangent
04-23-2006, 04:59 PM

Still having fun I see ;)
Old 04-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #93
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

Still having fun I see ;)
OFFLINE |  
magnolia's Avatar magnolia
04-23-2006, 05:04 PM

Okay chodaboy, we recognize that you're a fucking idiot, but man... your trolling techniques need serious work. For one... try posting something that someone might respect first, then turn around and say something absolutely retarded.

It makes for MUCH better drama.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:04 PM   #94
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Okay chodaboy, we recognize that you're a fucking idiot, but man... your trolling techniques need serious work. For one... try posting something that someone might respect first, then turn around and say something absolutely retarded.

OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia

Troll? At least my post had content. Yours is just insults. How about being constructive.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #95
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia

Troll? At least my post had content. Yours is just insults. How about being constructive.
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM

He's got a point, there. Besides, everyone knows trolling only gets worse when you actually pay attention to the troll. Message Boarding 101.

Of course, Magnolia et al have a poin as well. The first post you made sounded quite retarded, choda, even though there was some content in it. Still, at least you got better, and actually provided a reasoning for believing the decoy theory, instead of just saying "nuh uh, you fucking dumb! Gtfo"

Oh by the way, I feel that "gtfo" is the new "stfu" - a shorthand best used for frustrated Halo players and guys who masturbate while playing Magic Online.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #96
Level 3 - Talker

He's got a point, there. Besides, everyone knows trolling only gets worse when you actually pay attention to the troll. Message Boarding 101.

Of course, Magnolia et al have a poin as well. The first post you made sounded quite retarded, choda, even though there was some content in it. Still, at least you got better, and actually provided a reasoning for believing the decoy theory, instead of just saying "nuh uh, you fucking dumb! Gtfo"

Oh by the way, I feel that "gtfo" is the new "stfu" - a shorthand best used for frustrated Halo players and guys who masturbate while playing Magic Online.
OFFLINE |  
fault's Avatar fault
04-23-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperKhan
Wise words. I'm all for a heated debate, but I struggle to bite my lip when morons post such inane attempts at being derogotory. Please put in more effort people, because you appear embarresingly childlike in many of your comments.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #97
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Wise words. I'm all for a heated debate, but I struggle to bite my lip when morons post such inane attempts at being derogotory. Please put in more effort people, because you appear embarresingly childlike in many of your comments.
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM

[QUOTE= This forum is full of children. Ya know, the Britney Spears version of Tool fans. Im sure they walk around decked out in black tee shirts and black baggy pants, spouting off about "conformist assholes" and repeating their mantra "think for yourselves, question authority" lol. Tool makes mature music for mature adults.
QUOTE]

I don't think Tool has a "you must be this old to listen" policy. If you enjoy what your listening to why does it matter if you get the deeper meanings, most of the interpreatations on this site probably aren't "right" anyways, but the fact that the music has evoked this much thought and discussion is cool by itself.

Walking around in my black tee and baggy black pants,

-Brian
Old 04-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #98
Level 3 - Talker

[QUOTE= This forum is full of children. Ya know, the Britney Spears version of Tool fans. Im sure they walk around decked out in black tee shirts and black baggy pants, spouting off about "conformist assholes" and repeating their mantra "think for yourselves, question authority" lol. Tool makes mature music for mature adults.
QUOTE]

I don't think Tool has a "you must be this old to listen" policy. If you enjoy what your listening to why does it matter if you get the deeper meanings, most of the interpreatations on this site probably aren't "right" anyways, but the fact that the music has evoked this much thought and discussion is cool by itself.

Walking around in my black tee and baggy black pants,

-Brian
OFFLINE |  
ryzur's Avatar ryzur
04-23-2006, 08:11 PM

Why does anyone bother to post on here anyways? You can't win on an internet form. I ask myself the question and its because my Ego tells me I'm RIGHT. I know it all. I know the answer and my pigheaded equation will surely change the other pigheaded dumbasses mind. I can't even spell forum right.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #99
Level 4 - Thinker

Why does anyone bother to post on here anyways? You can't win on an internet form. I ask myself the question and its because my Ego tells me I'm RIGHT. I know it all. I know the answer and my pigheaded equation will surely change the other pigheaded dumbasses mind. I can't even spell forum right.
04-23-2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshabadoo
I think if the band wanted to create a good hoax, they wouldnt have been idiots and photocopied the back!?
God I hate conspiracy theorists...always 'but..'
SHUT UP, ITS REAL, BUY THE ALBUM AND GO AWAY.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #100
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshabadoo
I think if the band wanted to create a good hoax, they wouldnt have been idiots and photocopied the back!?
God I hate conspiracy theorists...always 'but..'
SHUT UP, ITS REAL, BUY THE ALBUM AND GO AWAY.
04-23-2006, 08:31 PM

I have seen three times now the last track of the album being referred to something other than what it currently is (a bunch of noise as far as I am concerned). On this forum, in a thread about a Polish interview/review, the Polish reviewer says that the last track of the album is in "interesting instrumental".

The Amazon.com review says that the Viginiti Tres is a "mood enhancing soundscape".

Finally, in the recent Danny Carey interview he mentioned something about the last track being much more fitting or something.

In any case it sounds like Tool might have replaced what we think of as the Viginiti Tres noise track and replaced it with something decent. I can't imagine the opposite happening, where a 5 minute instrumental was the last track and Tool yanked it to replace it with utter shit.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #101
Level 2 - Poster

I have seen three times now the last track of the album being referred to something other than what it currently is (a bunch of noise as far as I am concerned). On this forum, in a thread about a Polish interview/review, the Polish reviewer says that the last track of the album is in "interesting instrumental".

The Amazon.com review says that the Viginiti Tres is a "mood enhancing soundscape".

Finally, in the recent Danny Carey interview he mentioned something about the last track being much more fitting or something.

In any case it sounds like Tool might have replaced what we think of as the Viginiti Tres noise track and replaced it with something decent. I can't imagine the opposite happening, where a 5 minute instrumental was the last track and Tool yanked it to replace it with utter shit.
OFFLINE |  
meileen's Avatar meileen
04-26-2006, 12:40 PM

dont have the leaked material... dont have the leaked material... darn it im dying of curiosity...arggh... still better than arguing though.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 PM   #102
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

dont have the leaked material... dont have the leaked material... darn it im dying of curiosity...arggh... still better than arguing though.
04-26-2006, 01:21 PM

this hoax shit is utter lunacy, and anyone still subscribing to the belief that Tool (along with Sony BMG) would spend thousands of pounds recording, promoting and manufacturing a "fake" album is utterly preposterous.

i also find the idea that people would perpetuate such an idea as a joke equally preposterous. but, the longer this shit drags on, the more i hope you folks are having a laugh.

at this point, its farely safe to say that if you believe 10,000 Days is a fake, a joke, a hoax, or some kind of "bad" album, you are an idiot. the proof is behind your eyes.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #103
Level 3 - Talker

this hoax shit is utter lunacy, and anyone still subscribing to the belief that Tool (along with Sony BMG) would spend thousands of pounds recording, promoting and manufacturing a "fake" album is utterly preposterous.

i also find the idea that people would perpetuate such an idea as a joke equally preposterous. but, the longer this shit drags on, the more i hope you folks are having a laugh.

at this point, its farely safe to say that if you believe 10,000 Days is a fake, a joke, a hoax, or some kind of "bad" album, you are an idiot. the proof is behind your eyes.
OFFLINE |  
serenity
04-26-2006, 01:36 PM

i don't quite get the point of this hoax-discussion. i mean, what's the difference? either you like the music - or you don't. personally, i like the "leak version" no matter if it's "genuine tool" or not. the answer to the hoax-question only changes the way i see the band as such, not the music itself.

btw - i really like the idea of a fake album. it would be perfect advertising - just think of all the discussions going on about wheter the leaked version is the real album or not (eg this one :). everybody would be eager to buy the real album as soon as it's in stores to see if he was right about the hoax theory. but after listening to this "hoax" album, i can't really believe that it IS a hoax. nevertheless, as i've said, i like the idea.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #104
Level 1 - Lurker

i don't quite get the point of this hoax-discussion. i mean, what's the difference? either you like the music - or you don't. personally, i like the "leak version" no matter if it's "genuine tool" or not. the answer to the hoax-question only changes the way i see the band as such, not the music itself.

btw - i really like the idea of a fake album. it would be perfect advertising - just think of all the discussions going on about wheter the leaked version is the real album or not (eg this one :). everybody would be eager to buy the real album as soon as it's in stores to see if he was right about the hoax theory. but after listening to this "hoax" album, i can't really believe that it IS a hoax. nevertheless, as i've said, i like the idea.
OFFLINE |  
muhaaa's Avatar muhaaa
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM

Fuck all this hoax shit.
I'll wait 'till 2nd may.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:00 PM   #105
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 2

Fuck all this hoax shit.
I'll wait 'till 2nd may.
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-26-2006, 02:53 PM

The album is real! I was wrong. However, I still think it is a funny album for the most part. It is hard to take it seriously.

Songs I like

Vicarious-Good, Very Tool sounding.
Wings-Good, but could have been better.

Thats it.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

The album is real! I was wrong. However, I still think it is a funny album for the most part. It is hard to take it seriously.

Songs I like

Vicarious-Good, Very Tool sounding.
Wings-Good, but could have been better.

Thats it.
04-26-2006, 03:00 PM

My friend gave me the leaked album and I broke it in half in front of his face. I will get the album on may 2nd and not steal from the band.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:00 PM   #107
BDT
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

My friend gave me the leaked album and I broke it in half in front of his face. I will get the album on may 2nd and not steal from the band.
OFFLINE |  
Lagomorph's Avatar Lagomorph
04-26-2006, 03:12 PM

it's a hoax....
Old 04-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #108
On Probation

Bincount™: 30

it's a hoax....
OFFLINE |  
tollll12
04-26-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:

You can play magic online now? Now my cards won't get all messy
Old 04-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #109

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

You can play magic online now? Now my cards won't get all messy
OFFLINE |  
guard77
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT
Thats awesome of you. The band members lurk here and sets asside special tickets and backstage passed for self righteous people so I'd check my inbox frequesntly if I were you.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #110
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT
Thats awesome of you. The band members lurk here and sets asside special tickets and backstage passed for self righteous people so I'd check my inbox frequesntly if I were you.
OFFLINE |  
TOOL_Rules
04-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT
I don't feel I stole from the band. If anything, the leak just sold more copies to me to dole out to friends that I feel ought to know MORE than they think they do about TOOL. I'll be buying 8-9 of them on 5/2 and I have always bought multiple copies of their releases. Why wouldn't you want to spread the wealth about the greatest band on the planet? I believe the majority of the people that downloaded the leak will also buy the CD; even the people who SAY they hate it. It's starting to grow on a lot of those people, but of course they feel like they have to stick to their original opinions. I respect anyone's opinion on whether they like it or not as long as they can support it with reason. Glad the CD is coming out overseas so the hoax talk can finally die down. Jeez, now we can talk about the music that we do have, not what some were expecting and are disappointed about. For those of you that were able to abstain from stealing (I prefer to refer to it as peeking), I take my hat off to you. You are stronger than I. Five years is a long time.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDT
I don't feel I stole from the band. If anything, the leak just sold more copies to me to dole out to friends that I feel ought to know MORE than they think they do about TOOL. I'll be buying 8-9 of them on 5/2 and I have always bought multiple copies of their releases. Why wouldn't you want to spread the wealth about the greatest band on the planet? I believe the majority of the people that downloaded the leak will also buy the CD; even the people who SAY they hate it. It's starting to grow on a lot of those people, but of course they feel like they have to stick to their original opinions. I respect anyone's opinion on whether they like it or not as long as they can support it with reason. Glad the CD is coming out overseas so the hoax talk can finally die down. Jeez, now we can talk about the music that we do have, not what some were expecting and are disappointed about. For those of you that were able to abstain from stealing (I prefer to refer to it as peeking), I take my hat off to you. You are stronger than I. Five years is a long time.
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM

if you hate it get over and go buy the new godsmack or rhcp
Old 04-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #112
the inside man

Bincount™: 20548

if you hate it get over and go buy the new godsmack or rhcp
04-27-2006, 01:29 PM

I got a thing or two to say about the whole hoax issue.

:)
Old 04-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #113
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

I got a thing or two to say about the whole hoax issue.

:)
OFFLINE |  
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
04-27-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodaboy
(...)
This leak is a joke. Plain and simple. I can't take this album seriously any more. Rosetta Stoned has got to be one of the funniest songs ever. It beats out Maynard's Dick by far. The rest of the album is filled with junk lyrics, with the exception of Wings.

(...)

Equally hillarious is the intro to The Pot. Yah right. What kinda ***gy shit is that.

Or what about Jambi. Freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse Genie. "Did somebody say Wish!? Meka Lecka Hi Mecka Hiny HO!

Lipan Conjuring. LOL. They are laughing in our faces. Heyyyya HOOOOO!!!

Intention, THe backwards message..... "Work hard stay in school, listen to your mother, your father was right" haha

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I posted this on another forum. Thought I would get your thoughts. Anyone else find the jokes?
I just gotta say that Lipan is probably the hardest proof we have that the album is a hoax. I mean, have you listened to it, really? I cringe everytime I do. I can't help it. It's bad. It feels improvised. I just can't get past this thought. I'm at the point now where the first half of the album is ok, while the second half is intolerable. You have to put yourself through it to listen to the songs. Not really enjoyable.

Then Rosetta Stoned, well, yeah, Maynard's dick is harder... lol

Anyways, time has passed and it now seems as if the album is in fact real. As a tool fan, I accept it. But all I tell my buddies is that this is Tool's worst effort up to date. Emphasize on the word "effort".

Chill out, dudes
Old 04-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #114
Banned.

Quote:
(...)
This leak is a joke. Plain and simple. I can't take this album seriously any more. Rosetta Stoned has got to be one of the funniest songs ever. It beats out Maynard's Dick by far. The rest of the album is filled with junk lyrics, with the exception of Wings.

(...)

Equally hillarious is the intro to The Pot. Yah right. What kinda ***gy shit is that.

Or what about Jambi. Freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse Genie. "Did somebody say Wish!? Meka Lecka Hi Mecka Hiny HO!

Lipan Conjuring. LOL. They are laughing in our faces. Heyyyya HOOOOO!!!

Intention, THe backwards message..... "Work hard stay in school, listen to your mother, your father was right" haha

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I posted this on another forum. Thought I would get your thoughts. Anyone else find the jokes?
I just gotta say that Lipan is probably the hardest proof we have that the album is a hoax. I mean, have you listened to it, really? I cringe everytime I do. I can't help it. It's bad. It feels improvised. I just can't get past this thought. I'm at the point now where the first half of the album is ok, while the second half is intolerable. You have to put yourself through it to listen to the songs. Not really enjoyable.

Then Rosetta Stoned, well, yeah, Maynard's dick is harder... lol

Anyways, time has passed and it now seems as if the album is in fact real. As a tool fan, I accept it. But all I tell my buddies is that this is Tool's worst effort up to date. Emphasize on the word "effort".

Chill out, dudes
OFFLINE |  
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
04-27-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeythumbs
i hope... no PRAY that i see someone actually break out in tears.

and then im gonna tell them that i have a reliable source that says the "other" one is coming out in july.

because i want there suffering and stupidity to continue. :)
Vicariously?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #115
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeythumbs
i hope... no PRAY that i see someone actually break out in tears.

and then im gonna tell them that i have a reliable source that says the "other" one is coming out in july.

because i want there suffering and stupidity to continue. :)
Vicariously?
OFFLINE |  
LeperKhan
04-27-2006, 01:53 PM

Aye.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #116
Level 3 - Talker

Aye.
OFFLINE |  
WitlessLiar
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Dude. They have made goofy stuff before. Cries of the Carrots anyone? Don't you see? With the exception of Vicarious, the tracks do not have the elements that make a great tool song. I don't need to be a musician to know that. They are pulling a gag.
Right, you aren't a musician. I'd love to see you try to play any minute of Jambi (save of course the parts where he doesn't play). Time signature changes can be a bitch if you don't know how to play them right. And also, if you didn't notice (and I'm sure you didn't), he leads the other instruments in the time signature changes. Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, The Pot, and Right in Two all as or more complex drumwise alone compared to...say... The Grudge.

Also, The Pot is an amazing song. It has feels from Undertow (right after the opening lyrics), ÆNIMA (toward the end) and Lateralus all in one song.

I'm not going to go on and on, but to end, MJK said this wasn't going to be like his others. He said that it wasn't going to be about the global consciousness or ascension or anything, it's about what he's been dealing with.

But I do hope you're right. If this album's a joke, then I absolutely can't wait for the new one because this kicks ASS.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #117

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Dude. They have made goofy stuff before. Cries of the Carrots anyone? Don't you see? With the exception of Vicarious, the tracks do not have the elements that make a great tool song. I don't need to be a musician to know that. They are pulling a gag.
Right, you aren't a musician. I'd love to see you try to play any minute of Jambi (save of course the parts where he doesn't play). Time signature changes can be a bitch if you don't know how to play them right. And also, if you didn't notice (and I'm sure you didn't), he leads the other instruments in the time signature changes. Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, The Pot, and Right in Two all as or more complex drumwise alone compared to...say... The Grudge.

Also, The Pot is an amazing song. It has feels from Undertow (right after the opening lyrics), ÆNIMA (toward the end) and Lateralus all in one song.

I'm not going to go on and on, but to end, MJK said this wasn't going to be like his others. He said that it wasn't going to be about the global consciousness or ascension or anything, it's about what he's been dealing with.

But I do hope you're right. If this album's a joke, then I absolutely can't wait for the new one because this kicks ASS.
OFFLINE |  
Howard's Avatar Howard
04-27-2006, 04:17 PM

Wait, are you serious?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #118

Bincount™: 4

Wait, are you serious?
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM

I will be buying the RHCP album though. THe single kicks ass. I just hope the rest of the album doesn't "Shit the bed".
Old 04-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #119
Level 4 - Thinker

I will be buying the RHCP album though. THe single kicks ass. I just hope the rest of the album doesn't "Shit the bed".
04-28-2006, 11:44 AM

ok...so...i may have some news for you. here in austria, 10,000 days is already in stores (april 28, 2006). i bought it today. i don't want to say too much about it but there are two things i'd like to say:
1. the cd has a funny case - you will get to see things differently if you buy it :) (at least the version they sell in austria)
2. it is exactly the same as the mp3s i already had. so much for the hoax theory. but again, you mustn't forget two things: i don't know which mp3s YOU have so i can't tell if YOUR mp3s are fake, and maybe there IS a second album to be released soon. who knows?

sincerely,
serenity
Old 04-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #120
Level 1 - Lurker

ok...so...i may have some news for you. here in austria, 10,000 days is already in stores (april 28, 2006). i bought it today. i don't want to say too much about it but there are two things i'd like to say:
1. the cd has a funny case - you will get to see things differently if you buy it :) (at least the version they sell in austria)
2. it is exactly the same as the mp3s i already had. so much for the hoax theory. but again, you mustn't forget two things: i don't know which mp3s YOU have so i can't tell if YOUR mp3s are fake, and maybe there IS a second album to be released soon. who knows?

sincerely,
serenity
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply