Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
AMF
04-25-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzur
My biggest point I think would be that in the Guitar World interview, Adam explicitly mentions how Tool is different from other bands. "Our records don't sound like other people's records where they release them a year apart and they end up sounding like a bad cover band version of themselves,". HELLO! The leaked album has rehashed Tool riffs all over the place. To me it sounds EXACTLY like a poor version of themselves. If he said this and the leaked version is the real album, he must be some kind of complete moron.
That's YOUR OPINION. You can't base a fact around personal taste for the album.

You conspriacy guys are fucking brilliant I tell ya.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #121
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31
Re: Fake: a more concise look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzur
My biggest point I think would be that in the Guitar World interview, Adam explicitly mentions how Tool is different from other bands. "Our records don't sound like other people's records where they release them a year apart and they end up sounding like a bad cover band version of themselves,". HELLO! The leaked album has rehashed Tool riffs all over the place. To me it sounds EXACTLY like a poor version of themselves. If he said this and the leaked version is the real album, he must be some kind of complete moron.
That's YOUR OPINION. You can't base a fact around personal taste for the album.

You conspriacy guys are fucking brilliant I tell ya.
OFFLINE |  
AMF
04-25-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry
if people keep using Blair's newsletters as evidence or supporting materials to prove anything about TOOL, I'm going to shoot somebody.

Listen to Undertow, look at the lyrics in, picture the evolution of TOOL's music and writing since, and if you still think the leak is a hoax, do us a favor and shoot yourself. There's no joke, and i'm not kidding here. Seriously, shoot yourself.
Haha. I wouldn't say shoot yourself, cuz that's bad, but please stop posting this ridiculous stuff. Let's focus on the positive and logical.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:42 PM   #122
AMF
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry
if people keep using Blair's newsletters as evidence or supporting materials to prove anything about TOOL, I'm going to shoot somebody.

Listen to Undertow, look at the lyrics in, picture the evolution of TOOL's music and writing since, and if you still think the leak is a hoax, do us a favor and shoot yourself. There's no joke, and i'm not kidding here. Seriously, shoot yourself.
Haha. I wouldn't say shoot yourself, cuz that's bad, but please stop posting this ridiculous stuff. Let's focus on the positive and logical.
OFFLINE |  
muzza
04-25-2006, 06:45 PM

People who have heard 10,000 days must be dissapointed with the new release calling it a hoax/Bsides? if it IS the real deal it appears there might be a few dissapointed fans out there who expected more eeeeek!

i suppose we will c when the album is released (in stores)
Old 04-25-2006, 06:45 PM   #123
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

People who have heard 10,000 days must be dissapointed with the new release calling it a hoax/Bsides? if it IS the real deal it appears there might be a few dissapointed fans out there who expected more eeeeek!

i suppose we will c when the album is released (in stores)
OFFLINE |  
Unl1v3d's Avatar Unl1v3d
04-26-2006, 04:34 AM

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES UNDERTOW HAVE TO DO WITH OBESE PEOPLE AND RIBS?

Or...

WHAT THE FUCK DOES AENIMA HAVE TO DO WITH A BUNCH OF WEIRD EYES?"

FUCKING LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 04:34 AM   #124
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 45

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES UNDERTOW HAVE TO DO WITH OBESE PEOPLE AND RIBS?

Or...

WHAT THE FUCK DOES AENIMA HAVE TO DO WITH A BUNCH OF WEIRD EYES?"

FUCKING LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
04-26-2006, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy
are any of you who are champions of this being the real deal going to address Wings for Marie being played in 2002? Just curious I'm not committing to either side but it seems like the strongest point he has is being ignored
so they wrote the riff in 2001 or 2002 and jammed on it at some live shows. Then they later made the riff into a song and recorded it for this album. What does it prove?
Old 04-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #125
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy
are any of you who are champions of this being the real deal going to address Wings for Marie being played in 2002? Just curious I'm not committing to either side but it seems like the strongest point he has is being ignored
so they wrote the riff in 2001 or 2002 and jammed on it at some live shows. Then they later made the riff into a song and recorded it for this album. What does it prove?
04-26-2006, 01:45 PM

what's funny is how OPPOSED some people are to this idea........i'm indifferent......i have thoroughly enjoyed the leak and won't be disappointed if this is it....i'll love it if there is more to be heard too.......

there are "facts" to support anyone's argument, but what is bothering me is how EASY it was to get ahold of.........either it was handled sloppily and got out somehow, or it was never meant to be secret......at a listening party in AUS a few weeks back, maynard was the ONLY person to touch the CD and came/left with it in his possession.....why guard it that well, then just let it get out 3 weeks early?

i wouldn't be surprised at all IF this was it, but i wouldn't be surprised if there was a whole new cd waiting to be released.......or if maybe this was half..........

getting bitchy because someone thinks it may actually be a "pacifier" of sorts is just stupid though........no one here knows any info to 100% put anything to rest
Old 04-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #126
Level 1 - Lurker

what's funny is how OPPOSED some people are to this idea........i'm indifferent......i have thoroughly enjoyed the leak and won't be disappointed if this is it....i'll love it if there is more to be heard too.......

there are "facts" to support anyone's argument, but what is bothering me is how EASY it was to get ahold of.........either it was handled sloppily and got out somehow, or it was never meant to be secret......at a listening party in AUS a few weeks back, maynard was the ONLY person to touch the CD and came/left with it in his possession.....why guard it that well, then just let it get out 3 weeks early?

i wouldn't be surprised at all IF this was it, but i wouldn't be surprised if there was a whole new cd waiting to be released.......or if maybe this was half..........

getting bitchy because someone thinks it may actually be a "pacifier" of sorts is just stupid though........no one here knows any info to 100% put anything to rest
OFFLINE |  
allusion7.0's Avatar allusion7.0
04-29-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollll12
1. In the September 2005 newsletter Blair wrote: "Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design." Read it for yourself http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2005_09.php

4. Listen to The Pot. Get past the begining where Maynard sounds like Madonna. Now listen to his voice. That voice is what his voice sounded like 10 years ago - it does not sound like that anymore because he has gotten older. Listen to the base. That is Paul D'Amour not Justin Chancellor. Listen to how hard it is. Listen to how he slaps it. Justin doesn't play like that. Listen to a few songs on Undertow and then a few on Lateralus (or just listen to Vicarious) there is a big difference in the way the base guitar is played on both of those albums (don't listen to AEnima - both Justin and Paul played on it). The difference in style in the way the base is played in The Pot and Vicarious is striking. It's obvious that The Pot has existed for a long time.

6. This reason is weak since I don't have a source, but I remember reading an interview in drummer's world or something with Danny Carey, and he mentioned that they had enough material left over from Lateralus to make another album.

What do you all think... let the name calling commence.
alright. firstly (in response to 1.) Blair is always fucking with people. you can't believe all the shit he says/writes.

secondly (a.) listen to ticks and leeches. that isn't exactly the voice he used on disposition.
secondly (b.) justin and paul play bass guitars. not base guitars. No way in hell that was a typo, you're probably just stupid.

thirdly. let's assume that danny said that (i have absolutely no idea). you said in 4. that it was paul d'amore that was playing bass, not justin chancellor. it just so happens that paul was already gone by the time that lateralus was created.

and finally, since you asked for it, fucker.
all of this may be a bit harsh but i've gotten tired of reading the same theories from post to post written by those who know shit about music (base guitar).
Old 04-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #127
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollll12
1. In the September 2005 newsletter Blair wrote: "Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design." Read it for yourself http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2005_09.php

4. Listen to The Pot. Get past the begining where Maynard sounds like Madonna. Now listen to his voice. That voice is what his voice sounded like 10 years ago - it does not sound like that anymore because he has gotten older. Listen to the base. That is Paul D'Amour not Justin Chancellor. Listen to how hard it is. Listen to how he slaps it. Justin doesn't play like that. Listen to a few songs on Undertow and then a few on Lateralus (or just listen to Vicarious) there is a big difference in the way the base guitar is played on both of those albums (don't listen to AEnima - both Justin and Paul played on it). The difference in style in the way the base is played in The Pot and Vicarious is striking. It's obvious that The Pot has existed for a long time.

6. This reason is weak since I don't have a source, but I remember reading an interview in drummer's world or something with Danny Carey, and he mentioned that they had enough material left over from Lateralus to make another album.

What do you all think... let the name calling commence.
alright. firstly (in response to 1.) Blair is always fucking with people. you can't believe all the shit he says/writes.

secondly (a.) listen to ticks and leeches. that isn't exactly the voice he used on disposition.
secondly (b.) justin and paul play bass guitars. not base guitars. No way in hell that was a typo, you're probably just stupid.

thirdly. let's assume that danny said that (i have absolutely no idea). you said in 4. that it was paul d'amore that was playing bass, not justin chancellor. it just so happens that paul was already gone by the time that lateralus was created.

all of this may be a bit harsh but i've gotten tired of reading the same theories from post to post written by those who know shit about music (base guitar).
Absent Mind
04-29-2006, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allusion7.0

...arrowed!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #128
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allusion7.0

...arrowed!
OFFLINE |  
seneca77's Avatar seneca77
04-29-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF
You guys are absolutely ridiuclous hahahaha. Only Tool fans could come up with these things.......actually I shouldn't complain because this is only 1 retarded thread amidst a bunch of very cool ones I found since I started to read this board. You don't think people are allowed to write things years back but put them on record later? I personally have written close to 40 songs for my band, but when (if) they ever come out and I record them some will be from years ago! Is that wrong? No! Tool can do the same thing. As for the "oh the sound here is different therefore it can't be Tool" like w/Maynard's voice in The Pot, which is soooooooo ironic because if everything was "Tool by-the-numbers" on this record the same people would be complaining about a lack of new ideas or being creative and would be begging for something new. Same with those who think it sounds like Lateralus lefotvers or Undetow b-sides or whatever. You can't please everyone I suppose.
and you certainly could not please me. go away
Old 04-29-2006, 11:18 PM   #129
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF
You guys are absolutely ridiuclous hahahaha. Only Tool fans could come up with these things.......actually I shouldn't complain because this is only 1 retarded thread amidst a bunch of very cool ones I found since I started to read this board. You don't think people are allowed to write things years back but put them on record later? I personally have written close to 40 songs for my band, but when (if) they ever come out and I record them some will be from years ago! Is that wrong? No! Tool can do the same thing. As for the "oh the sound here is different therefore it can't be Tool" like w/Maynard's voice in The Pot, which is soooooooo ironic because if everything was "Tool by-the-numbers" on this record the same people would be complaining about a lack of new ideas or being creative and would be begging for something new. Same with those who think it sounds like Lateralus lefotvers or Undetow b-sides or whatever. You can't please everyone I suppose.
and you certainly could not please me. go away

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply