Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
grady's Avatar grady
04-27-2006, 05:26 AM

Ok. Flame me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, I've never known anyone to have a decoy song that leaked b4 any of the other albums. There's no way the leak is shittier mixes or weak takes or different versions than what will be out on the 2nd. Wouldn't there be one song ever to prove the possibility of this? Beleive me...I'm really happy with it, but if there is more songs or a double disc....it'll be the best unexpected bonus ever!

grady
Old 04-27-2006, 05:26 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
End to the possibility?

Ok. Flame me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, I've never known anyone to have a decoy song that leaked b4 any of the other albums. There's no way the leak is shittier mixes or weak takes or different versions than what will be out on the 2nd. Wouldn't there be one song ever to prove the possibility of this? Beleive me...I'm really happy with it, but if there is more songs or a double disc....it'll be the best unexpected bonus ever!

grady
OFFLINE |  
Echo Flanger
04-27-2006, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
I haven't yet listened to the CD at home, but most likely the leak is the same mix and master. Why would a raw mix leak in April, since the album went to mastering in January?

I remember Radiohead's Hail to the Thief leaking before the songs were completed, and Dredg had a "decoy album" circulating on the internet a year ago, before Catch Without Arms. I don't know if it was sourced by the band, demos, or what. It had half of the album's songs and some additional interlude/experimental tracks. The actual album was nothing like it.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:38 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: End to the possibility?

Quote:
I haven't yet listened to the CD at home, but most likely the leak is the same mix and master. Why would a raw mix leak in April, since the album went to mastering in January?

I remember Radiohead's Hail to the Thief leaking before the songs were completed, and Dredg had a "decoy album" circulating on the internet a year ago, before Catch Without Arms. I don't know if it was sourced by the band, demos, or what. It had half of the album's songs and some additional interlude/experimental tracks. The actual album was nothing like it.
04-27-2006, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Flanger

that fake dredg album had some cool tracks..
what was it.. On Again, Off Again was a cool track that didnt make it to the album
Old 04-27-2006, 08:39 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Flanger

that fake dredg album had some cool tracks..
what was it.. On Again, Off Again was a cool track that didnt make it to the album
OFFLINE |  
DRoehl
04-27-2006, 10:17 AM

it happens ALL the time. System of a down- steal this album, outkast-stankonia (once their album leaked they went back and redid a lot of stuff), team sleep- there was shit floating around the internet for probably 2 years before the cd came out. many of the leaked stuff had changed for the release
Old 04-27-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

it happens ALL the time. System of a down- steal this album, outkast-stankonia (once their album leaked they went back and redid a lot of stuff), team sleep- there was shit floating around the internet for probably 2 years before the cd came out. many of the leaked stuff had changed for the release
OFFLINE |  
grady's Avatar grady
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM

Thanks, but. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was talking about TOOL.

grady
Old 04-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Thanks, but. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was talking about TOOL.

grady
OFFLINE |  
Yard Man's Avatar Yard Man
04-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I've never known anyone to have a decoy song that leaked b4 any of the other albums. There's no way the leak is shittier mixes or weak takes or different versions
hate to butt it in but you definitly said "anyone" and not "tool" hence the abundance of posters correcting you by showing how decoys and shittier version have been out before.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I've never known anyone to have a decoy song that leaked b4 any of the other albums. There's no way the leak is shittier mixes or weak takes or different versions
hate to butt it in but you definitly said "anyone" and not "tool" hence the abundance of posters correcting you by showing how decoys and shittier version have been out before.
04-28-2006, 06:55 PM

" EMAIL, SUBJECT: TOOL TRASH"

trash=recycled....

hmm...

;)
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
Old 04-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

" EMAIL, SUBJECT: TOOL TRASH"

trash=recycled....

hmm...

;)
"Being a rock band that’s arguably offering up some more intelligent processes, we do often get a lot of kids coming up who may not necessarily be the brightest bulbs in the box, who don’t really get it. But if it is to be about ‘hate songs’ well, good for them. Not what I intended, but that’s cool.” mjk
OFFLINE |  
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
04-28-2006, 07:06 PM

I really want to believe another disc will be coming out shortly, but it doesn't look like its going to happen
Old 04-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #8
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

I really want to believe another disc will be coming out shortly, but it doesn't look like its going to happen
allusion7.0's Avatar allusion7.0
04-28-2006, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Man
yeah, but the website that I am at is Toolnavy. (emphasis on tool)
Old 04-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Man
yeah, but the website that I am at is Toolnavy. (emphasis on tool)
04-28-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotAct
that one luxemburg guy said that there was nothing minus what we all have. (actually that was a general statement. I'm not getting the album for another four days.)
Old 04-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotAct
that one luxemburg guy said that there was nothing minus what we all have. (actually that was a general statement. I'm not getting the album for another four days.)
04-28-2006, 07:14 PM

wait. sorry. my mistake. i read to quickly.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

wait. sorry. my mistake. i read to quickly.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply