Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Would you download the new album?
Yay. 38 46.34%
Nay. 40 48.78%
Tool are [slur deleted] 4 4.88%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

The Drapery Falls's Avatar The Drapery Falls
02-24-2005, 01:22 AM

...and a perfect quality rip comes out a month or so before the actual release, would you download the new Tool album?
Old 02-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 61
If the new album leaks...

...and a perfect quality rip comes out a month or so before the actual release, would you download the new Tool album?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
GregoryWohlwend's Avatar GregoryWohlwend
02-24-2005, 01:41 AM

definately not, christmas sucks if you already know what you're getting.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 322
Re: If the new album leaks...

definately not, christmas sucks if you already know what you're getting.
02-24-2005, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drapery Falls
Anything associated with Maynard is way to hard to get leaks for.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:49 AM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drapery Falls
Anything associated with Maynard is way to hard to get leaks for.
ARMZ's Avatar ARMZ
02-24-2005, 04:42 AM

No, because my fucking 56k will take that fucking long to download it, by the time I have fini... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...ve Tool.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:42 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

No, because my fucking 56k will take that fucking long to download it, by the time I have fini... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...ve Tool.
Mark D's Avatar Mark D
02-24-2005, 05:51 AM

Ill download it.

And Ill probably buy it when it comes out.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:51 AM   #5
X

Bincount™: 746

Ill download it.

And Ill probably buy it when it comes out.
champion's Avatar champion
02-24-2005, 06:24 AM

as much of a soulseek freak i remain, i would not. this is an album i need to buy on the day it comes out and be blown away upon first listen.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:24 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

as much of a soulseek freak i remain, i would not. this is an album i need to buy on the day it comes out and be blown away upon first listen.
Andy DV's Avatar Andy DV
02-24-2005, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D

probably buy it
probably? HERESY!

i wouldn't download it. i enjoy listening to the real deal fresh right out of the package. call me old fashioned.
I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Andy DV?"
Old 02-24-2005, 08:22 AM   #7
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D

probably buy it
probably? HERESY!

i wouldn't download it. i enjoy listening to the real deal fresh right out of the package. call me old fashioned.
I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Andy DV?"
Mark D's Avatar Mark D
02-24-2005, 08:24 AM

Im one of those guys who goes down the night before Christmas and examines all the presents before he can open them. You know... impatient. I suppose I cant wait it out.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #8
X

Bincount™: 746

Im one of those guys who goes down the night before Christmas and examines all the presents before he can open them. You know... impatient. I suppose I cant wait it out.
Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
02-24-2005, 09:14 AM

When Lateralus came out, there's a radio station down here called KROQ 106.7(I'm sure you've all heard of it), and they played Lateralus in it's entirety 5 or 6 days before it's release. I had the tape recorder set up, and was listening to that until 2 days after it's official release, when I bought the disc. I hope they do that again, with this album. And yes, it was with Tool's permission.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:14 AM   #9
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 2723

When Lateralus came out, there's a radio station down here called KROQ 106.7(I'm sure you've all heard of it), and they played Lateralus in it's entirety 5 or 6 days before it's release. I had the tape recorder set up, and was listening to that until 2 days after it's official release, when I bought the disc. I hope they do that again, with this album. And yes, it was with Tool's permission.
02-24-2005, 09:19 AM

I'll buy it at midnight and go home to be blown away, and I will continue to boycot rock radio if a single comes out before the release
Old 02-24-2005, 09:19 AM   #10
TDN Grandad

Bincount™: 472

I'll buy it at midnight and go home to be blown away, and I will continue to boycot rock radio if a single comes out before the release
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
02-24-2005, 09:19 AM

I wish we had a radio station like that around here.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:19 AM   #11
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

I wish we had a radio station like that around here.
02-24-2005, 09:25 AM

I'll download as soon as it becomes available and then buy it the day it's released.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #12
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 2912

I'll download as soon as it becomes available and then buy it the day it's released.
MrMcPheezy's Avatar MrMcPheezy
02-24-2005, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogpile
Yeah, the local rock station up here played schism, parabol/a, and lateralus in their entirety about a week before lateralus was released. I hope something similar happens again this time.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:26 AM   #13
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 2912

Quote:
Yeah, the local rock station up here played schism, parabol/a, and lateralus in their entirety about a week before lateralus was released. I hope something similar happens again this time.
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
02-24-2005, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcPheezy
I heard Parabol/a on the radio a very long time ago, soon after the album came out, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure if I heard Schism before that or no...but I've never heard Lateralus on the radio, ever. They mostly play Ænima stuff around here.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #14
Super Bat Kiss

Quote:
I heard Parabol/a on the radio a very long time ago, soon after the album came out, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure if I heard Schism before that or no...but I've never heard Lateralus on the radio, ever. They mostly play Ænima stuff around here.
02-24-2005, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Goddammit, I thought I was special and you've ruined it.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #15
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Goddammit, I thought I was special and you've ruined it.
02-24-2005, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstajduh
But you are special, Hoglige. Aren't you a member of the Special Olympics?

Gold medal winner in the Bobbing for turds 20 meter, and don't you forget it, dick.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:44 AM   #16
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
But you are special, Hoglige. Aren't you a member of the Special Olympics?

Gold medal winner in the Bobbing for turds 20 meter, and don't you forget it, dick.
02-24-2005, 09:49 AM

i got in on the download-lateralus-from-the-kroq thing, though i had heard it once in its entirety before it became available online, on a really high quality stereo. i'm glad too, because the mp3s just didn't do it justice.

and i'm sure we'll all buy it when it comes out ...... but of course the second it leaks, i'm sure we'll all be all over it.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]
Old 02-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #17
t.d.n creator/presidenté

Bincount™: 116

i got in on the download-lateralus-from-the-kroq thing, though i had heard it once in its entirety before it became available online, on a really high quality stereo. i'm glad too, because the mp3s just didn't do it justice.

and i'm sure we'll all buy it when it comes out ...... but of course the second it leaks, i'm sure we'll all be all over it.

this is the voice of original sin • take it. [attrition]
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
02-24-2005, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
Gahhh...I don't want to download it, but I won't be able to help myself, probably. I will, however, try to purchase it as soon as it comes out...I've been saving $20 in an envelope since mid-November (of course, assuming it costs less than that).
Old 02-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #18
Super Bat Kiss

Quote:
Gahhh...I don't want to download it, but I won't be able to help myself, probably. I will, however, try to purchase it as soon as it comes out...I've been saving $20 in an envelope since mid-November (of course, assuming it costs less than that).
02-24-2005, 09:52 AM

Quote:
i'm glad too, because the mp3s just didn't do it justice..
Heh, I'm sure it sounded a shitload better than that 200x recorded over cassette that I recorded it on from the original KROQ broadcast. It was such a shitty recording, I thought Tool's first single was GIZZISM.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #19
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
i'm glad too, because the mp3s just didn't do it justice..
Heh, I'm sure it sounded a shitload better than that 200x recorded over cassette that I recorded it on from the original KROQ broadcast. It was such a shitty recording, I thought Tool's first single was GIZZISM.
02-24-2005, 10:04 AM

I decided to skip that kroq radio thing... I remember the release day like it was yesturday, sunny, with lateralus in my CD player and little work... it was a good day and I plan to do the same.

Also, that radio station is truly the epitome of shit.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1891

I decided to skip that kroq radio thing... I remember the release day like it was yesturday, sunny, with lateralus in my CD player and little work... it was a good day and I plan to do the same.

People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
theotherlight's Avatar theotherlight
02-24-2005, 10:17 AM

I think if it gets released, I might listen to one or two non-single tracks from it, but not the whole thing. I like to get an opinion enough that the entire album, when purchased, will either support or destroy my preconception of the album.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 83

I think if it gets released, I might listen to one or two non-single tracks from it, but not the whole thing. I like to get an opinion enough that the entire album, when purchased, will either support or destroy my preconception of the album.
02-24-2005, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbiosis
You got that right. I hate KROQ worse than the hip-hop stations down here. LA needs to seriously get at least one decent hard rock/metal station. I mean fuck, San Diego has like 3 of em.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #22
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
You got that right. I hate KROQ worse than the hip-hop stations down here. LA needs to seriously get at least one decent hard rock/metal station. I mean fuck, San Diego has like 3 of em.
02-24-2005, 11:07 AM

fuck radio anyway, the only time I turn it on is in the car and thats just because I don't have a CD player in there, who needs it

even if they did play good music you still have to listen to the DJs who all have ignorant-ass names like Kegger and think you give a shit what kind of day they are having "Your parents did not name you Kegger dipshit"
and radio advertising is the fucking worst "NO MONEY DOWN!!!! BUY NOW!!! I THINK IF I YELL LOUD ENOUGH YOU WILL GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!!!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:07 AM   #23
TDN Grandad

fuck radio anyway, the only time I turn it on is in the car and thats just because I don't have a CD player in there, who needs it

even if they did play good music you still have to listen to the DJs who all have ignorant-ass names like Kegger and think you give a shit what kind of day they are having "Your parents did not name you Kegger dipshit"
and radio advertising is the fucking worst "NO MONEY DOWN!!!! BUY NOW!!! I THINK IF I YELL LOUD ENOUGH YOU WILL GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!!!!!
Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
02-24-2005, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirk

Admit it though, having XM or Sirius would be the shit. All kinds of shit, no commercials. I just don't want to pay for that shit.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:19 AM   #24
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirk

Admit it though, having XM or Sirius would be the shit. All kinds of shit, no commercials. I just don't want to pay for that shit.
consumer#417's Avatar consumer#417
02-24-2005, 11:21 AM

no, after we hear the release date i'm going to stop coming hear as to avoid any details about the album...
Old 02-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #25
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1914

no, after we hear the release date i'm going to stop coming hear as to avoid any details about the album...
02-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Hold on you didnt say it would be perfect quality......

hmmmm

This changes everything.....
Old 02-24-2005, 11:44 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 243

Hold on you didnt say it would be perfect quality......

hmmmm

This changes everything.....
SCH/ISM's Avatar SCH/ISM
02-24-2005, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumer#417
Same here.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #27
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumer#417
Same here.
02-24-2005, 11:51 AM

Quote:
it would be cool yeah but I'm still going to turn it off to put in a cd most of the time
Old 02-24-2005, 11:51 AM   #28
TDN Grandad

Quote:
it would be cool yeah but I'm still going to turn it off to put in a cd most of the time
Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
02-24-2005, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blend
Awh, it's ok hoggy, KROQ is still "world" famous.

::rolls eyes::
"And now, Loveline with Adam Corolla, and Dr. Drew, on the world famous KROQ." Heh. Questions about herpes never get old.

And people down here will also know who "Jed the Fish" is. I hate that fucking guy. I want to punch him in genitals, and defecate on his social security card. One of, if not THE, worse disc-jockey in the world.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #29
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Awh, it's ok hoggy, KROQ is still "world" famous.

::rolls eyes::
"And now, Loveline with Adam Corolla, and Dr. Drew, on the world famous KROQ." Heh. Questions about herpes never get old.

And people down here will also know who "Jed the Fish" is. I hate that fucking guy. I want to punch him in genitals, and defecate on his social security card. One of, if not THE, worse disc-jockey in the world.
02-24-2005, 12:06 PM

i'll download and buy
Old 02-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #30
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

i'll download and buy
CyberSlave's Avatar CyberSlave
02-24-2005, 12:14 PM

download and buy.

2005 TDN Bracketology Champion
NFL Week 2 Pick 'Em Champion
NFL Week 4 Pick 'Em Champion

I bent my wookie.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #31
2005 TDN Bracketologist

Bincount™: 434

download and buy.

2005 TDN Bracketology Champion
NFL Week 2 Pick 'Em Champion
NFL Week 4 Pick 'Em Champion

I bent my wookie.
symbiosis's Avatar symbiosis
02-24-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
KROQ is probably the sole reason I stopped listening to radio when I landed on that planet you call california.
at least you don't get stuck listening to a country station for 5 straight hours... Everyday I die a little inside.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:39 PM   #32
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
KROQ is probably the sole reason I stopped listening to radio when I landed on that planet you call california.
at least you don't get stuck listening to a country station for 5 straight hours... Everyday I die a little inside.

lastrose's Avatar lastrose
02-24-2005, 01:03 PM

when lateralus leaked about a week before the release date, I couldn't resist downloading a few songs. I remember hearing the grudge for the first time, and it was too much to comprehend.

This time, I'm just going to wait for the official release. I'm not in a hurry to hear this album...I'll be listening to it for years to come.
Entwined within the sadder of days.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:03 PM   #33
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 376

when lateralus leaked about a week before the release date, I couldn't resist downloading a few songs. I remember hearing the grudge for the first time, and it was too much to comprehend.

This time, I'm just going to wait for the official release. I'm not in a hurry to hear this album...I'll be listening to it for years to come.
02-24-2005, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Oh God, dude. I feel your pain. I used to live in Kentucky and I HAD to listen to country radio all day. Although, now since I don't have to listen to at all, I can appreciate some country but not at all. I hate Toby Keith.
He's on right now... and in an hour, he'll be on again, talking'boot trucks, redneck girls an his ghitur...

on topic: I hope everyone gets a fucked up copy of the songs (if you download b'fore release), just like what happened when schism was rumored to be leaked.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:04 PM   #34
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Oh God, dude. I feel your pain. I used to live in Kentucky and I HAD to listen to country radio all day. Although, now since I don't have to listen to at all, I can appreciate some country but not at all. I hate Toby Keith.
He's on right now... and in an hour, he'll be on again, talking'boot trucks, redneck girls an his ghitur...

on topic: I hope everyone gets a fucked up copy of the songs (if you download b'fore release), just like what happened when schism was rumored to be leaked.

Chris_Brightwell's Avatar Chris_Brightwell
02-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If you're talking about the "You're a douchebag" MP3, I know the guy who did that -- and he did it back in 1999. Long before Schism was rumored to be leaked.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #35
meh.

Bincount™: 1074

Quote:
If you're talking about the "You're a douchebag" MP3, I know the guy who did that -- and he did it back in 1999. Long before Schism was rumored to be leaked.
Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
02-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrose
I'll be listening to it for years to come.
What if it blows, like Opiate? I refuse to even buy that album.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #36
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I'll be listening to it for years to come.
What if it blows, like Opiate? I refuse to even buy that album.
02-24-2005, 01:09 PM

It won't blow.

I think opiate is pretty good, especially considering the time it came out.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:09 PM   #37
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 376

It won't blow.

I think opiate is pretty good, especially considering the time it came out.
02-24-2005, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell
that was hilarious... i didn't know that was done in 99... but there was others... One were you would get like 5 min of nothing but a bass line and others that had nothing.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #38
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell
that was hilarious... i didn't know that was done in 99... but there was others... One were you would get like 5 min of nothing but a bass line and others that had nothing.

Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
02-24-2005, 01:14 PM

Quote:
It won't blow.
Yeah, I don't think so either. But I'm a cynic. So there's a chance.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #39
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
It won't blow.
Yeah, I don't think so either. But I'm a cynic. So there's a chance.
02-24-2005, 01:19 PM

I'd try to hold out till it's released, but I wouldn't succeed.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:19 PM   #40
Mr. Dissonance (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 23

I'd try to hold out till it's released, but I wouldn't succeed.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply