Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Bill_Hix's Avatar Bill_Hix
07-09-2005, 06:31 PM

Yeah save your money and go to another Tool show.

"use the metric system you backwards fuck." - Dianoetic
Old 07-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #41
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1411
Re: AMAZING NEWS -- TOOL PLANS TO TOUR THIS YEAR.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses's Avatar LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
07-09-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Hix
I was thinking something, you know, i'd be able to see this year.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #42
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1708

Quote:
I was thinking something, you know, i'd be able to see this year.
07-09-2005, 06:36 PM

It would still be worth it.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #43
Level 9 - Obstreperous

It would still be worth it.

07-09-2005, 06:39 PM

If i get a job, i'd probably be able to see NIN, SOAD and tool (even if i had to wait till 2006 to see it.) I'm not really rich, but my parent's'd be able to pay for 1 or maybe 2 concerts. Considering i have no life, and am bored for a good amount of the day (hence my posting here) , i probably should get a job...
Old 07-09-2005, 06:39 PM   #44
Level 9 - Obstreperous

If i get a job, i'd probably be able to see NIN, SOAD and tool (even if i had to wait till 2006 to see it.) I'm not really rich, but my parent's'd be able to pay for 1 or maybe 2 concerts. Considering i have no life, and am bored for a good amount of the day (hence my posting here) , i probably should get a job...
07-09-2005, 06:42 PM

1 or 2 concerts is a lot, I'm only going to be able to see 1 or 2. I might be able to talk my dad into going to see a third one with me. That or else I find someone who can drive and that likes tool.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #45
Level 9 - Obstreperous

1 or 2 concerts is a lot, I'm only going to be able to see 1 or 2. I might be able to talk my dad into going to see a third one with me. That or else I find someone who can drive and that likes tool.

c4nnon_fodder's Avatar c4nnon_fodder
07-09-2005, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Tool can put more visuals in larger arenas.
So, rather than two screens they only use one in smaller venues? I think I would make the sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
I'm visiting family in Georgia right now and I am likely going to catch Pelican down at some local club in Atlanta. Tickets are $12 and there are 3 bands playing. I will probably see Pelican again in CO for $8 if the show is good. Also, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is on tour right now and if you can get to one of their shows I hear they are really good live, and the tickets are cheap as well. Small shows are the way to go to experience things you haven't experienced before.

Last edited by c4nnon_fodder; 07-09-2005 at 06:52 PM..
Old 07-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Tool can put more visuals in larger arenas.
So, rather than two screens they only use one in smaller venues? I think I would make the sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
I'm visiting family in Georgia right now and I am likely going to catch Pelican down at some local club in Atlanta. Tickets are $12 and there are 3 bands playing. I will probably see Pelican again in CO for $8 if the show is good. Also, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is on tour right now and if you can get to one of their shows I hear they are really good live, and the tickets are cheap as well. Small shows are the way to go to experience things you haven't experienced before.

Last edited by c4nnon_fodder; 07-09-2005 at 06:52 PM..
07-09-2005, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I'm also only going to be able to see 1 or maybe 2 this year (if i'm lucky.) Unless i decide to work. In fact, i probably only will see 1 or 2 this year, considering tool won't probably tour till 2006. But yeah, my parents'd probably pay for me to go to one of them just cause they like it when i go and do shit. And cause i've only been to one concert. Like i said, i'm not rich, but i'm well off, my parents can afford guitar lessons and other things to do for summer, and generally when something like a concert or a school field trip comes along, they can always pay for it with no problem, but we only have one car i i don't have a fucking mp3 player like everyone else i know. Sorry for the long post,, i really have nothing else to do right now.

EDIT: thanks for the tip, c4annon.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #47
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I'm also only going to be able to see 1 or maybe 2 this year (if i'm lucky.) Unless i decide to work. In fact, i probably only will see 1 or 2 this year, considering tool won't probably tour till 2006. But yeah, my parents'd probably pay for me to go to one of them just cause they like it when i go and do shit. And cause i've only been to one concert. Like i said, i'm not rich, but i'm well off, my parents can afford guitar lessons and other things to do for summer, and generally when something like a concert or a school field trip comes along, they can always pay for it with no problem, but we only have one car i i don't have a fucking mp3 player like everyone else i know. Sorry for the long post,, i really have nothing else to do right now.

EDIT: thanks for the tip, c4annon.
07-09-2005, 07:15 PM

O shit...I feel like a screw-up now.
To Ocelot: Dude, I'm really sorry about the hairy thing. I didn't know that you were homosexual; I was just playing around. So...sorry for being an ignorant fool. I should read more threads first before I get myself into something. >.<

Its still good news though.
Dream Theater, Megadeth, and Nevermore are coming by where I live, I'm tempted to go. Queensryche is also gonna be kinda close...
Old 07-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #48
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1150

O shit...I feel like a screw-up now.
To Ocelot: Dude, I'm really sorry about the hairy thing. I didn't know that you were homosexual; I was just playing around. So...sorry for being an ignorant fool. I should read more threads first before I get myself into something. >.<

Dream Theater, Megadeth, and Nevermore are coming by where I live, I'm tempted to go. Queensryche is also gonna be kinda close...
07-10-2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mechanic
i've never been to a concert.

then again, im 15.
I didn't go to my first concert until late Sophomore year. I was 16 though, not 15. I manged to see Mars Volta twice and APC twice all when I was 16. hott.

2005 TDN Bracketology Champion
NFL Week 2 Pick 'Em Champion
NFL Week 4 Pick 'Em Champion

I bent my wookie.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #49
2005 TDN Bracketologist

Bincount™: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mechanic
i've never been to a concert.

then again, im 15.
I didn't go to my first concert until late Sophomore year. I was 16 though, not 15. I manged to see Mars Volta twice and APC twice all when I was 16. hott.

I bent my wookie.
el rancho ovulate's Avatar el rancho ovulate
07-10-2005, 01:02 PM

My first concert was Metallica when I was 14. Then I saw Rush for my 15th birthday.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #50
+1 Cloak of Dan Resistance

Bincount™: 7878

My first concert was Metallica when I was 14. Then I saw Rush for my 15th birthday.
CyberSlave's Avatar CyberSlave
07-10-2005, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave.Existance.Tears
Dream Theater, Megadeth, and Nevermore are coming by where I live, I'm tempted to go.
That tour skipped over Philly, I was kinda mad at first. But then, I found out that they were playing Atlantic City, and then I found out that my friend had a house there. And now I'm going to AC for 3 days to see Megadeth and Dream Theater, and then to gamble. yay.

edit: tickets are 73 dollars though. Fuck. But I have the money.

I bent my wookie.

Last edited by CyberSlave; 07-10-2005 at 01:08 PM..
Old 07-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #51
2005 TDN Bracketologist

Bincount™: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave.Existance.Tears
Dream Theater, Megadeth, and Nevermore are coming by where I live, I'm tempted to go.
That tour skipped over Philly, I was kinda mad at first. But then, I found out that they were playing Atlantic City, and then I found out that my friend had a house there. And now I'm going to AC for 3 days to see Megadeth and Dream Theater, and then to gamble. yay.

edit: tickets are 73 dollars though. Fuck. But I have the money.

I bent my wookie.

Last edited by CyberSlave; 07-10-2005 at 01:08 PM..
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
07-11-2005, 11:03 AM

If August 23rd will be the Lateralus vinyl realease date, then I don't think the live DVD will get realesed in August. I hope it does, but it seems the only way that would happen is if they release the vinyl and the DVD at the same time.

So with the tour coming before years end, October is beginning to look really good for the new album release. September is possible, but it seems unlikely. September seems ideal for the live DVD. I don't see how the DVD could come after the new album.

So here is how things are looking:

August 23rd: Lateralus Vinyl
September: Live DVD (Teleincision?)
October/November: New Album
October: Mini-tour
November-January: Full-tour

I'm still hoping for the live DVD in August though. :o)
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 07-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

If August 23rd will be the Lateralus vinyl realease date, then I don't think the live DVD will get realesed in August. I hope it does, but it seems the only way that would happen is if they release the vinyl and the DVD at the same time.

So with the tour coming before years end, October is beginning to look really good for the new album release. September is possible, but it seems unlikely. September seems ideal for the live DVD. I don't see how the DVD could come after the new album.

So here is how things are looking:

August 23rd: Lateralus Vinyl
September: Live DVD (Teleincision?)
October/November: New Album
October: Mini-tour
November-January: Full-tour

I'm still hoping for the live DVD in August though. :o)
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Tyro
07-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Edit: Nevermind
Old 07-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #53
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 101

Edit: Nevermind
07-12-2005, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Ya like hockey arenas

(...)

hahhaha. exactly what i was going to say.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 07-12-2005, 08:00 AM   #54
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Ya like hockey arenas

(...)

hahhaha. exactly what i was going to say.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Odibilëph's Avatar Odibilëph
07-12-2005, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4nnon_fodder
The screens are a distraction, I think. I didn't see anything I liked about them when I saw Tool last. The visuals on the stage were beautiful and complimented the music perfectly and the screens were unnecessary.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:55 AM   #55
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4nnon_fodder
The screens are a distraction, I think. I didn't see anything I liked about them when I saw Tool last. The visuals on the stage were beautiful and complimented the music perfectly and the screens were unnecessary.
rsh's Avatar rsh
07-12-2005, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odibilëph

i thought the graphics were rather cheesy. looped an awful lot.

When the creatures from the schism vid came onstage the bigger venues were in my mind worth it. There were a few more pros about the bigger venue such as the lighting had more of an effect and the sound was full.

i felt bad for the people on the left side of the arena because none of them could see maynard at all. fantomas' sound sucked ass and when dave lombardo came out during triad i would have loved to have been in smaller venue to watch them both play the drums.

i think ticks and leeches would have sounded better in a smaller place though, the effect on maynards voice bounced all over the place
Old 07-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #56
rsh
be happy with what
you have to be happy with
Suicide Booth ID: 2

Bincount™: 18992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odibilëph

i thought the graphics were rather cheesy. looped an awful lot.

When the creatures from the schism vid came onstage the bigger venues were in my mind worth it. There were a few more pros about the bigger venue such as the lighting had more of an effect and the sound was full.

i felt bad for the people on the left side of the arena because none of them could see maynard at all. fantomas' sound sucked ass and when dave lombardo came out during triad i would have loved to have been in smaller venue to watch them both play the drums.

i think ticks and leeches would have sounded better in a smaller place though, the effect on maynards voice bounced all over the place
07-13-2005, 11:48 AM

I saw APC for my first gig, in a theatre. it was safe.. no moshing or crushing.. Stadia gigs are savage at the front; whole football (PROPER FOOTBALL YOU BLOODY AMERICANS) pitches of people crushing you isn't >too< fun. And uhhmm yay info?

Oh, NIN fucking pwn live. :] *saw them on 11th*
Old 07-13-2005, 11:48 AM   #57
Banned.

Bincount™: 3

I saw APC for my first gig, in a theatre. it was safe.. no moshing or crushing.. Stadia gigs are savage at the front; whole football (PROPER FOOTBALL YOU BLOODY AMERICANS) pitches of people crushing you isn't >too< fun. And uhhmm yay info?

rsh's Avatar rsh
07-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmanics

got a setlist?

im going to see them when they come to fl but im curious about the setup and whatnot.

and i second to football remark. up the forest.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #58
rsh
be happy with what
you have to be happy with
Suicide Booth ID: 2

Bincount™: 18992

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmanics

got a setlist?

im going to see them when they come to fl but im curious about the setup and whatnot.

and i second to football remark. up the forest.
07-13-2005, 01:28 PM

update:

the band doesn't have a set schedule; however, they still plan to start an tour this year. first internationally, and they should go across north america early next year.

Last edited by champion; 07-13-2005 at 01:30 PM..
Old 07-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #59
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

update:

the band doesn't have a set schedule; however, they still plan to start an tour this year. first internationally, and they should go across north america early next year.

Last edited by champion; 07-13-2005 at 01:30 PM..
Ktuluvic's Avatar Ktuluvic
07-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Anyone have thoughts on what the stage atmosphere will be like for the upcoming tours? I've been watching a DVD bootleg of a show in Oklahoma City, OK from 2002. So I was thinking about the tool shows I've been to and how the stage and shows have progressed. Now I'm wondering what we'll see during the next round of touring.

The first time I saw tool was in Reno, NV in '98. Small arena, where they had the cylindrical screen and a pretty small stage compared to the lateralus tour. Then I saw them 3 times during the lateralus tours, Sacramento, Seattle, and Reno. Each time the stage show had gotten more elaborate and well polished. There was the regular stage setup at the Sacramento show. With the awesome lighting, video, the works. Of note was the schism creatures coming out during D/R/T and were suspended upside down in front of the screens about 25ft up. Which was pretty cool. The Seattle show had maynard's stage/screen spinning and the confetti during D/R/T, which was longer and more elaborate.

The last time I saw them was back in Reno, during the last 6 six shows they filmed for the supposed live DVD. This was by far the best tool show I've been a part of. The two screens hung from the sides, and maynards stage was used for a screen as well. They has the 7-pointed star come out, along with the sacred mirros dropping during D/R/T. They also had the awesome Alex Grey backdrops that were amazing. There were also the floating orbs during Parabol/a. They finished with Third Eye and Lateralus. After the show was "over" and there were only a handful of people left in the building, about 25 minutes or so, they came back out and played Faaip De Oiad. I missed it, so I hope it's on the dvd somewhere. I hear they only did this twice, did anyone happen to catch it? What do you think we'll see for the next tour?

That's about enough out of you, God. Banned.
---Paraflux
Old 07-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #60
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1540

Anyone have thoughts on what the stage atmosphere will be like for the upcoming tours? I've been watching a DVD bootleg of a show in Oklahoma City, OK from 2002. So I was thinking about the tool shows I've been to and how the stage and shows have progressed. Now I'm wondering what we'll see during the next round of touring.

The first time I saw tool was in Reno, NV in '98. Small arena, where they had the cylindrical screen and a pretty small stage compared to the lateralus tour. Then I saw them 3 times during the lateralus tours, Sacramento, Seattle, and Reno. Each time the stage show had gotten more elaborate and well polished. There was the regular stage setup at the Sacramento show. With the awesome lighting, video, the works. Of note was the schism creatures coming out during D/R/T and were suspended upside down in front of the screens about 25ft up. Which was pretty cool. The Seattle show had maynard's stage/screen spinning and the confetti during D/R/T, which was longer and more elaborate.

The last time I saw them was back in Reno, during the last 6 six shows they filmed for the supposed live DVD. This was by far the best tool show I've been a part of. The two screens hung from the sides, and maynards stage was used for a screen as well. They has the 7-pointed star come out, along with the sacred mirros dropping during D/R/T. They also had the awesome Alex Grey backdrops that were amazing. There were also the floating orbs during Parabol/a. They finished with Third Eye and Lateralus. After the show was "over" and there were only a handful of people left in the building, about 25 minutes or so, they came back out and played Faaip De Oiad. I missed it, so I hope it's on the dvd somewhere. I hear they only did this twice, did anyone happen to catch it? What do you think we'll see for the next tour?

That's about enough out of you, God. Banned.
---Paraflux
spitcodfry's Avatar spitcodfry
07-13-2005, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktuluvic
What do you think we'll see for the next tour?
I have no idea how they can top the stage design from the Lateralus one. That blew my mind. It was like an acid trip sober. But if anyone can top that experience, I know its them. I wonder if spiraleyes will be contributing more visuals (hopefully ones with better funding/animation).

I really wish Tool would go batshit insane with the occult overtones during a show. Maybe even hire "performers" to conduct elaborate rituals while they're playing (and yes I believe that their "arrangement" on stage has been a sort of ritual in of itself). We need a DVD that goes inside the P.U.P. "Summon the daemon with your mighty drum sticks Danny!"
Old 07-13-2005, 06:44 PM   #61
On Probation

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktuluvic
What do you think we'll see for the next tour?
I have no idea how they can top the stage design from the Lateralus one. That blew my mind. It was like an acid trip sober. But if anyone can top that experience, I know its them. I wonder if spiraleyes will be contributing more visuals (hopefully ones with better funding/animation).

I really wish Tool would go batshit insane with the occult overtones during a show. Maybe even hire "performers" to conduct elaborate rituals while they're playing (and yes I believe that their "arrangement" on stage has been a sort of ritual in of itself). We need a DVD that goes inside the P.U.P. "Summon the daemon with your mighty drum sticks Danny!"

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply