Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
just simulacra's Avatar just simulacra
05-05-2005, 02:57 AM

Lateralus leaked a slight few nights before it was officially released ... I was on mIRC while KABIR was leaking it with a handful of you I'm sure [brightwell] ... half the album one night, the last half the next. It was killer, stopping on Parabola, with Kabir claiming, "Track 9 is the most intense Tool song I've ever heard ... better than Flood." Talk about a long 24 hours...

Anyways, Tool kept Lateralus under AMAZINGLY tight wraps. For those of you who don't remember, reviewers had to go to Tool's Manager's office [or their studio], sit down with a pair of headphones, listen to the album once, then review the beast based on the SINGLE sit-through. As such, I remember most reviews were marked with a bit of vagueness ... something really irritating.

After going through Aenima and Lateralus' virgintight releases ... I've no doubt this new album is going to be wrapped up until the very end. Not that I'm looking forward to this ... I'd DL it as soon as I could.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:57 AM   #41
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37
Re: Blair, i never doubted you

Lateralus leaked a slight few nights before it was officially released ... I was on mIRC while KABIR was leaking it with a handful of you I'm sure [brightwell] ... half the album one night, the last half the next. It was killer, stopping on Parabola, with Kabir claiming, "Track 9 is the most intense Tool song I've ever heard ... better than Flood." Talk about a long 24 hours...

Anyways, Tool kept Lateralus under AMAZINGLY tight wraps. For those of you who don't remember, reviewers had to go to Tool's Manager's office [or their studio], sit down with a pair of headphones, listen to the album once, then review the beast based on the SINGLE sit-through. As such, I remember most reviews were marked with a bit of vagueness ... something really irritating.

After going through Aenima and Lateralus' virgintight releases ... I've no doubt this new album is going to be wrapped up until the very end. Not that I'm looking forward to this ... I'd DL it as soon as I could.
05-05-2005, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
Wasn't it System something?
Systema Encephale

and after that, it was called EVASION.
1. prescipissed
2. bindlecup
3. alcawhorlick
4. alcaharlot
5. bushwhacker
6. munge
7. 48/14
8. gullabored
9. smell me
10. buzz's revenge
Old 05-05-2005, 03:05 AM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by placidium
Wasn't it System something?
Systema Encephale

and after that, it was called EVASION.
1. prescipissed
2. bindlecup
3. alcawhorlick
4. alcaharlot
5. bushwhacker
6. munge
7. 48/14
8. gullabored
9. smell me
10. buzz's revenge
05-05-2005, 03:06 AM

I'm a noob, flame me.

Last edited by munted_soul; 05-05-2005 at 03:18 AM..
Old 05-05-2005, 03:06 AM   #43
Banned.

Bincount™: 2930

I'm a noob, flame me.

Last edited by munted_soul; 05-05-2005 at 03:18 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Isac Khrondor's Avatar Isac Khrondor
05-05-2005, 08:32 AM

Whoa, lotta posts.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 145

Whoa, lotta posts.
Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Settle down people. I haven't finished laying down the drum tracks for the new record yet, but you will be excited to know we are about 2/3 finished with recording. Thanks for your support,

Love,

Danny

P.S. Remember $75 for autographed items, until July, when I will be raising prices to $100. Please PM Hogpile for shipping/billing info.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #45
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 2723

Settle down people. I haven't finished laying down the drum tracks for the new record yet, but you will be excited to know we are about 2/3 finished with recording. Thanks for your support,

Love,

Danny

P.S. Remember $75 for autographed items, until July, when I will be raising prices to $100. Please PM Hogpile for shipping/billing info.
05-05-2005, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogpile

Love,

Danny

you really need to keep doing this. it fucking rules.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #46
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogpile

Love,

Danny

you really need to keep doing this. it fucking rules.
Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
05-05-2005, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstajduh
Is blair subliminally telling us to listen to Phil Collins?

Fuck. All I got is $10. I guess I could afford would be a Blair and Kat autograph on a nice tool lament for my bathroom. I'm sure all that "Danny's" autograph would entail would be on the back of a beer bottle label. A ripoff, I say. Hehe. j/k.
Being Tool's drummer, let me be the first to notify you that we as a band would pay you $10 gladly, to take Blair and dispose of him in some convenient mannar. I mean really, the guy is a choad smoking, self prolific moron.

Love

D-man
Old 05-05-2005, 10:49 AM   #47
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Is blair subliminally telling us to listen to Phil Collins?

Fuck. All I got is $10. I guess I could afford would be a Blair and Kat autograph on a nice tool lament for my bathroom. I'm sure all that "Danny's" autograph would entail would be on the back of a beer bottle label. A ripoff, I say. Hehe. j/k.
Being Tool's drummer, let me be the first to notify you that we as a band would pay you $10 gladly, to take Blair and dispose of him in some convenient mannar. I mean really, the guy is a choad smoking, self prolific moron.

Love

D-man
05-05-2005, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Love? LOL. Who's the choad smoker again? Hehe. j/k. Actually, with Blair being a choad smoker, that just spices up the deal even more. I'll have my people call your people and we'll do lunch (at an italian deli around the corner. I got to talk to the "boss".).
Yeah, you know: D-man. It's what Nard calls me when we're dropping doses.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #48
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Love? LOL. Who's the choad smoker again? Hehe. j/k. Actually, with Blair being a choad smoker, that just spices up the deal even more. I'll have my people call your people and we'll do lunch (at an italian deli around the corner. I got to talk to the "boss".).
Yeah, you know: D-man. It's what Nard calls me when we're dropping doses.
05-05-2005, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I think you forgot to use spell check. I believe it's spelled: Dee-man and Nerd.
Dee-man? What are you smoking mikey? This ain't the Cosby show.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:59 AM   #49
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I think you forgot to use spell check. I believe it's spelled: Dee-man and Nerd.
Dee-man? What are you smoking mikey? This ain't the Cosby show.
05-05-2005, 11:02 PM

mini tour with isis?
christ i hope not.
for once it'd be nice to see tool with a great opener.
wait, tricky was a good show ...
Old 05-05-2005, 11:02 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

mini tour with isis?
christ i hope not.
for once it'd be nice to see tool with a great opener.
wait, tricky was a good show ...
05-06-2005, 01:26 PM

Has anyone noticed certain words in the new post are links? The words "thread", "room", and "bar". When I clicked on them, it said action cancelled...

edit: if you don't see them, hit refresh.

Last edited by DeRais; 05-06-2005 at 01:31 PM..
Old 05-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #51
Banned.

Bincount™: 53

Has anyone noticed certain words in the new post are links? The words "thread", "room", and "bar". When I clicked on them, it said action cancelled...

edit: if you don't see them, hit refresh.

Last edited by DeRais; 05-06-2005 at 01:31 PM..
Sine Nobilitas's Avatar Sine Nobilitas
05-06-2005, 02:56 PM

I think he's giving us a lot more than we realize. He said members of the band were playing songs on cd players. This would require these songs to be in a somewhat "finished" state right? Also, it seems like Blair is saying they are in a somewhat "finishing touches" stage.
June or July cd followed by a Fall tour?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #52
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2025

I think he's giving us a lot more than we realize. He said members of the band were playing songs on cd players. This would require these songs to be in a somewhat "finished" state right? Also, it seems like Blair is saying they are in a somewhat "finishing touches" stage.
June or July cd followed by a Fall tour?
Ktuluvic's Avatar Ktuluvic
05-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Blair (616)....

6 / 1+6 == 6/7 .... it is a tuesday, who knows....but I'm sure there's a lot of hints and clues about the album in all the recent posts. It would just be fitting. Wish I had "eyes to see it".

That's about enough out of you, God. Banned.
---Paraflux
Old 05-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1540

Blair (616)....

6 / 1+6 == 6/7 .... it is a tuesday, who knows....but I'm sure there's a lot of hints and clues about the album in all the recent posts. It would just be fitting. Wish I had "eyes to see it".

---Paraflux
wwwanggg's Avatar wwwanggg
05-06-2005, 03:35 PM

if it was 6/7 that would be so sick

but i kinda doubt it
Old 05-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

if it was 6/7 that would be so sick

but i kinda doubt it
05-06-2005, 03:38 PM

yea, I'm not taking anything for certain until I'm in line with a cd in my hand.

---Paraflux
Old 05-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

yea, I'm not taking anything for certain until I'm in line with a cd in my hand.

---Paraflux
lilypie
05-16-2005, 03:23 AM

I actually heard that the release date is 8/16.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:23 AM   #56
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I actually heard that the release date is 8/16.
TheNothingSong's Avatar TheNothingSong
05-16-2005, 04:03 AM

oh yes and who told you that
Old 05-16-2005, 04:03 AM   #57
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Estevan's Avatar Estevan
05-16-2005, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLIEve
EDIT: Blair's an idiot. Don't pay any attention to him.
I agree.
I think it sucks that such an incredible group of musicians allows a douchebag to remain their spokesperson on the web.

He needs to cut out that childish secred decoder ring shit and say something relevant.

Last edited by Estevan; 05-16-2005 at 11:40 AM..
Old 05-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #58
Banned.

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLIEve
EDIT: Blair's an idiot. Don't pay any attention to him.
I agree.
I think it sucks that such an incredible group of musicians allows a douchebag to remain their spokesperson on the web.

He needs to cut out that childish secred decoder ring shit and say something relevant.

Last edited by Estevan; 05-16-2005 at 11:40 AM..
05-16-2005, 02:51 PM

I think blair provides a useful distraction. Most of the stuff he posts I find interesting, at least it beats watching 20 minutes of comercials. Besides, all we can really do is wait for the album, in the end it's the album that matters, not when it was released. Within a year, we'll all be talking about how great it is anyway and know all the track by heart.

---Paraflux
Old 05-16-2005, 02:51 PM   #59
Level 8 - Vociferous

I think blair provides a useful distraction. Most of the stuff he posts I find interesting, at least it beats watching 20 minutes of comercials. Besides, all we can really do is wait for the album, in the end it's the album that matters, not when it was released. Within a year, we'll all be talking about how great it is anyway and know all the track by heart.

---Paraflux
MentalSanityOff's Avatar MentalSanityOff
05-16-2005, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlave
There is also Zaireeka by the Flaming Lips. 4 cds meant to be listened to simultaneously.
i listened to it at my friends house over the summer, very neat. however, its extremely difficult to get them all going at once, because unless you miraculously have 4 of the same CD player, theyre all not going to start at the same exact moment, even if you hit play on them all at the same time (we had several people there), because some delay for slightly longer than others. itd be much easier to rip them all onto a computer and just mix all the tracks. you'd definitely want to rip them in 4 channel surround sound though, and i really have no idea how to do anything beyond your basic left and right. not like i have 4 speakers anyway.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:48 PM   #60
On Probation

Bincount™: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlave
There is also Zaireeka by the Flaming Lips. 4 cds meant to be listened to simultaneously.
i listened to it at my friends house over the summer, very neat. however, its extremely difficult to get them all going at once, because unless you miraculously have 4 of the same CD player, theyre all not going to start at the same exact moment, even if you hit play on them all at the same time (we had several people there), because some delay for slightly longer than others. itd be much easier to rip them all onto a computer and just mix all the tracks. you'd definitely want to rip them in 4 channel surround sound though, and i really have no idea how to do anything beyond your basic left and right. not like i have 4 speakers anyway.
05-17-2005, 01:37 PM

Fucking shit wank.

Blair :

Thanks for all the birthday greetings sent in by friends and fans, but, to be perfectly honest, I'm just a little disappointed that NO Los Angeles area fans turned up at the dinner party at the El Coyote where they could have seen MJK and members of Tool (along with friends with lesser voices) sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Danny. Had anyone shown up (in this day of Google, how hard was it to figure out from the clues EL... and the place where Sharon Tate had her last meal?), they could have asked the members of the band how the recording process was going for themselves. I guess you guys just wanted to respect the band's privacy. Well, for that... thanks! but you truly missed a good one, and, to answer the question, things are just fine! I'll try to post some photos taken at the parties in a few days or so.

Any of you fuckers live in L.A?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:37 PM   #61
Level 10 - Vehement

Fucking shit wank.

Blair :

Thanks for all the birthday greetings sent in by friends and fans, but, to be perfectly honest, I'm just a little disappointed that NO Los Angeles area fans turned up at the dinner party at the El Coyote where they could have seen MJK and members of Tool (along with friends with lesser voices) sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Danny. Had anyone shown up (in this day of Google, how hard was it to figure out from the clues EL... and the place where Sharon Tate had her last meal?), they could have asked the members of the band how the recording process was going for themselves. I guess you guys just wanted to respect the band's privacy. Well, for that... thanks! but you truly missed a good one, and, to answer the question, things are just fine! I'll try to post some photos taken at the parties in a few days or so.

DeRais
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM

hmmm.....I guess we snooze, we lose
Old 05-17-2005, 01:52 PM   #62
Banned.

Bincount™: 53

hmmm.....I guess we snooze, we lose
05-17-2005, 04:37 PM

Although it does prove he gives clues out. Now he's even mocking us. Bastard. I bet there's all kinds of details about the new album in the recent posts.

---Paraflux
Old 05-17-2005, 04:37 PM   #63
Level 8 - Vociferous

Although it does prove he gives clues out. Now he's even mocking us. Bastard. I bet there's all kinds of details about the new album in the recent posts.

---Paraflux
SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
05-18-2005, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isac Khrondor

Hogpile does and I thin Pheezy does as well. There are a few others scattered around. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the party 'cause my private jet broke down.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:32 AM   #64
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 136

Quote:

Hogpile does and I thin Pheezy does as well. There are a few others scattered around. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the party 'cause my private jet broke down.
05-18-2005, 06:25 AM

Something i found after eading the following line at the end of one of blairs TOOL posts:

"geMINI + TAURUS = MIN(O)TAUR (See: GenISIS)"

I went to google and searched for GenISIS, and found this site:

http://www.planetarymysteries.com/genisis-geneset.html

It is very a interesting article (very long), and a lot of the things they talk about link to Danny (surprisingly, "geMINI + TAURUS = MIN(O)TAUR (See: GenISIS)", was at the bottom of the news about him at the Modern Drummers Festival). Those of you that have been to the site have probably seen the article on his fascination with Rennes-le-Chíteau, the occult in general, pentagrams etc etc. This article has all sorts of info relating to those fields. Im NOT saying this has any relevence or "hidden" message, but im not rulling out the possibility, so i thought id post it up for everyone to check through if theyre interested. One thing that i thought could be a possible link was this line of that article:

"5 X 8 = 40 = 58 - 18 ISIS"

Maybe 5/8 = 5th August.

In another post by blair he said something like, "the new dvd will be released on frrrrrrr" or sumthing to that effect. And btw, the 5th August is a Friday.

Yes, it could just all be coincedents (and probably is), but thought some people might wana giv it a look.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:25 AM   #65
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 29

Something i found after eading the following line at the end of one of blairs TOOL posts:

It is very a interesting article (very long), and a lot of the things they talk about link to Danny (surprisingly, "geMINI + TAURUS = MIN(O)TAUR (See: GenISIS)", was at the bottom of the news about him at the Modern Drummers Festival). Those of you that have been to the site have probably seen the article on his fascination with Rennes-le-Chíteau, the occult in general, pentagrams etc etc. This article has all sorts of info relating to those fields. Im NOT saying this has any relevence or "hidden" message, but im not rulling out the possibility, so i thought id post it up for everyone to check through if theyre interested. One thing that i thought could be a possible link was this line of that article:

"5 X 8 = 40 = 58 - 18 ISIS"

Maybe 5/8 = 5th August.

In another post by blair he said something like, "the new dvd will be released on frrrrrrr" or sumthing to that effect. And btw, the 5th August is a Friday.

Yes, it could just all be coincedents (and probably is), but thought some people might wana giv it a look.
holy reality's Avatar holy reality
05-18-2005, 07:05 AM

what the fuck is volto.

maybe i need to pay more attention to tool news.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #66
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129

what the fuck is volto.

maybe i need to pay more attention to tool news.
05-18-2005, 07:12 AM

I emailed volto once, they said thanks for my interest.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:12 AM   #67
Level 10 - Vehement

I emailed volto once, they said thanks for my interest.
Hogpile's Avatar Hogpile
05-18-2005, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Fucking shit wank.

Blair :

I do. Not that I would want to endure or chance the mixture of alcohol and Blair in the same setting regardless of an opportunity to meet Tool. I also have problems believing that shit. Tool and and their associates are the little band who cried wolf in my eyes, and I pretty much have trouble believing anything they say at this point.

They would be proud, in other words.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:57 AM   #68
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Fucking shit wank.

Blair :

I do. Not that I would want to endure or chance the mixture of alcohol and Blair in the same setting regardless of an opportunity to meet Tool. I also have problems believing that shit. Tool and and their associates are the little band who cried wolf in my eyes, and I pretty much have trouble believing anything they say at this point.

They would be proud, in other words.
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNothingSong

Just a rumor I heard. I did not say it was correct, just that I had heard that particular date.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:30 PM   #69
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNothingSong

Just a rumor I heard. I did not say it was correct, just that I had heard that particular date.
lilypie
05-25-2005, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha

I do not think this has anything to do with the cd release date, but it is a really interesting read.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:12 AM   #70
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha

I do not think this has anything to do with the cd release date, but it is a really interesting read.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply