Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 01:06 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Nov 23 Casper, WY Casper Events Center

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Faisst's Avatar Faisst
11-23-2007, 10:48 PM

WE GOT THIRD EYE!!!

Nah, just kidding. Here's the setlist:

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Pretty good energy, decent crowd. I only heard a couple Maynardisms: "I have to be honest, I don't know where the fuck I am" and towards the end "It was nice meeting you, Peace Out."

Flood. That was unreal. The lasers during Wings were beautiful. The set was solid and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The bassist of Trans-Am eating Raviloli during their set was funny, I thought they were pretty good.

Overall, I had a BLAST! I'm so glad they came and played here in Casper. Can't wait for the next one! :)
Old 11-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 23 Casper, WY Casper Events Center

WE GOT THIRD EYE!!!

Nah, just kidding. Here's the setlist:

Jambi
Ions
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Pretty good energy, decent crowd. I only heard a couple Maynardisms: "I have to be honest, I don't know where the fuck I am" and towards the end "It was nice meeting you, Peace Out."

Flood. That was unreal. The lasers during Wings were beautiful. The set was solid and I enjoyed every minute of it.

The bassist of Trans-Am eating Raviloli during their set was funny, I thought they were pretty good.

Overall, I had a BLAST! I'm so glad they came and played here in Casper. Can't wait for the next one! :)
OFFLINE |  
sickofitall985's Avatar sickofitall985
11-24-2007, 08:38 AM

This concert was absolutely amazing. As opposed to postings about other shows, you could hear maynard very clearly. Even trans am was pretty rockin, they put on a good show and definitely were a good opener for such an amazing band. The stage videos were sick as fuck. Especially the rings o fire around everyone.. fuckin sick. I have to say having jambi as an opening song is incredible. It was an eargasm to say the least. For casper the crowd was huge and from my knowledge i believe the event center was sold out for sure. I was impressed and i can say that concert capped my best concerts list.

Last edited by sickofitall985; 11-24-2007 at 08:41 AM..
Old 11-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

This concert was absolutely amazing. As opposed to postings about other shows, you could hear maynard very clearly. Even trans am was pretty rockin, they put on a good show and definitely were a good opener for such an amazing band. The stage videos were sick as fuck. Especially the rings o fire around everyone.. fuckin sick. I have to say having jambi as an opening song is incredible. It was an eargasm to say the least. For casper the crowd was huge and from my knowledge i believe the event center was sold out for sure. I was impressed and i can say that concert capped my best concerts list.

Last edited by sickofitall985; 11-24-2007 at 08:41 AM..
OFFLINE |  
owejen
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM

The concert was Amazing. The Casper venue was the best by far. Good sound and Great seats. I have seen TOOL 7 times since 1994. Many different set lists but 10,000 Day’s is by far the most religious and coming from the heart of the band. I know that TOOL is a rock band but pay attention to the lyrics.

Maynard’s vocals were good tonight. He also was very animated with the crowd. Justin and Adam right on. Danny, well…. The best drummer in the World.

Thanks TOOL
Old 11-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

The concert was Amazing. The Casper venue was the best by far. Good sound and Great seats. I have seen TOOL 7 times since 1994. Many different set lists but 10,000 Day’s is by far the most religious and coming from the heart of the band. I know that TOOL is a rock band but pay attention to the lyrics.

Maynard’s vocals were good tonight. He also was very animated with the crowd. Justin and Adam right on. Danny, well…. The best drummer in the World.

Thanks TOOL
OFFLINE |  
ckritik
11-24-2007, 08:27 PM

This was my first concert EVER and I have to say that absolutely nothing will ever compare. I was absolutely blown away. Everyone was on top of everything! I've heard a lot of their live stuff as of late and I was REALLY impressed that they started everything out with Jambi. What a way to get everyone even more pumped up then they already were! :) All I can say is thanks to the four gods on stage. It's something I'll never forget. :)
Old 11-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first concert EVER and I have to say that absolutely nothing will ever compare. I was absolutely blown away. Everyone was on top of everything! I've heard a lot of their live stuff as of late and I was REALLY impressed that they started everything out with Jambi. What a way to get everyone even more pumped up then they already were! :) All I can say is thanks to the four gods on stage. It's something I'll never forget. :)
OFFLINE |  
sickofitall985's Avatar sickofitall985
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM

oh on top of amazing the concert was quite intense. I have to say the intensity of the crowd during schism 46 and 2 and stinkfist was unreal.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

oh on top of amazing the concert was quite intense. I have to say the intensity of the crowd during schism 46 and 2 and stinkfist was unreal.
11-26-2007, 05:59 PM

Tool is one of the few "metal" bands I listen to. Have loved their stuff since Sober. This was my first Tool show. Amazing. These guys put on one hell of an audiovisual preformance. 46 and 2 was intense... my eyes got watery. Multi-dimensional lasers and Toolesque videos were fantasic. I was surprised to see the band taking a break while the drummer does his thing. I've only seen this from the Grateful Dead.

I woulda enjoyed a longer show with more older songs (10,000 days is my least favorite album), and an encore, but hey, it was great anyway.

I've just been reading the reviews from the next night's show in SLC and have a question for Casper fans. I thought the sound was exceptional, especially considering the volume. Did any of you folks have seats where the sound sucked, particularly the vocals?

Thanks for coming to Casper, guys. Can't wait to see ya's again.

Last edited by jpc; 11-26-2007 at 06:16 PM..
Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
jpc
Level 1 - Lurker

Tool is one of the few "metal" bands I listen to. Have loved their stuff since Sober. This was my first Tool show. Amazing. These guys put on one hell of an audiovisual preformance. 46 and 2 was intense... my eyes got watery. Multi-dimensional lasers and Toolesque videos were fantasic. I was surprised to see the band taking a break while the drummer does his thing. I've only seen this from the Grateful Dead.

I woulda enjoyed a longer show with more older songs (10,000 days is my least favorite album), and an encore, but hey, it was great anyway.

I've just been reading the reviews from the next night's show in SLC and have a question for Casper fans. I thought the sound was exceptional, especially considering the volume. Did any of you folks have seats where the sound sucked, particularly the vocals?

Thanks for coming to Casper, guys. Can't wait to see ya's again.

Last edited by jpc; 11-26-2007 at 06:16 PM..
OFFLINE |  
jbomb707
11-29-2007, 07:32 AM

Having seen Tool ten times now, you get used to setlists, certain aspects of the show, and the band in general. However, this band who i've loved religiously (OGT anyone?), ran hundreds of miles to, travelled thousands of miles to see live (literally this time!), NEVER LETS ME DOWN!!! I'm from Ohio, and I couldn't believe my luck of having a job interview in Casper three days after the show! The people/crowd were wonderful and friendly, and to be honest, I thought Maynard and the band showed some extra enthusiasm, compared to the last two times I've seen them. Anyway, rock on, "peace out". Thanks Tool, Cheers Casper.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Having seen Tool ten times now, you get used to setlists, certain aspects of the show, and the band in general. However, this band who i've loved religiously (OGT anyone?), ran hundreds of miles to, travelled thousands of miles to see live (literally this time!), NEVER LETS ME DOWN!!! I'm from Ohio, and I couldn't believe my luck of having a job interview in Casper three days after the show! The people/crowd were wonderful and friendly, and to be honest, I thought Maynard and the band showed some extra enthusiasm, compared to the last two times I've seen them. Anyway, rock on, "peace out". Thanks Tool, Cheers Casper.
OFFLINE |  
VinDieselFiesta
11-29-2007, 10:10 AM

"to be honest, i have no idea where the fuck i am. maybe you guys can tell me"

'crowd yells'

"i heard something along the lines of dug cum or or something. we'll just go with casper. wyoming."

fucking amazing show, numbero 6 for me since 10,000 days was released. it was my girlfriends second show, her first was two nights earlier in denver and what can i say, the boys never dissapoint. after the show my gf couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was and how she wants them to release a high-def dvd of their show. fuckin amazing how a non-tool fan can be completely converted in just one or two live shows. gotta love em.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

'crowd yells'

"i heard something along the lines of dug cum or or something. we'll just go with casper. wyoming."

fucking amazing show, numbero 6 for me since 10,000 days was released. it was my girlfriends second show, her first was two nights earlier in denver and what can i say, the boys never dissapoint. after the show my gf couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was and how she wants them to release a high-def dvd of their show. fuckin amazing how a non-tool fan can be completely converted in just one or two live shows. gotta love em.
11-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDieselFiesta View Post

'crowd yells'

I dunno what he said I couldn't hear much with the screaming next to me. But your last sentence there is so true my brother and my other brothers wife were not tool fans we saw them back in 02' and they LOVE tool now, which is why i'm trying to convience my hubby to go with me, i went twice this time around I was in Casper, and then billings(orginally from here but tool is worth the 4 hour drive there) but he declined both shows.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDieselFiesta View Post

'crowd yells'

I dunno what he said I couldn't hear much with the screaming next to me. But your last sentence there is so true my brother and my other brothers wife were not tool fans we saw them back in 02' and they LOVE tool now, which is why i'm trying to convience my hubby to go with me, i went twice this time around I was in Casper, and then billings(orginally from here but tool is worth the 4 hour drive there) but he declined both shows.
OFFLINE |  
Bridger the Mountain Man's Avatar Bridger the Mountain Man
12-02-2007, 12:01 PM

This was my 1st ever Tool concert. I have been a fan since 1992. I have lived in Wyoming all my life.

The day started out great. I drove to Casper from Laramie at 9am. I went with my 19 year old son. He just started to become a tool fan.

We got to Casper about 12pm and went o Red Lobster for lunch.

We headed downtown and noticed Across the Universe was playing. So we ate some PEZ and headed to the movie. The music was great a perfect appetizer for the Tool show.

We got to the parking lot a 6 and waited until they started letting everyone in and ate 2 more PEZ. Holy fucking shit!

Trans Am came on and they rocked. They reminded of if Tool had done the soundtrack for TRON or something.

Then Tool came and started to play Jambi. The Whole arena became the inside of the 3D CD. I was tripping so hard!

All I can say is that my life is now changed forever. This is what I have been looking for. My son is now a disciple of Tool. The light show and graphics were deep and heavy. I feel like my life flashed before my eyes in the time of the whole show

Right before they went on break I heard a small voice say what you want to hear. So I thought for a second...I want to hear 10,000 days. Then they all left the stage and this head was sitting there looking away from the audience.

Everyone couldn’t figure it out. They were all getting impatient. So I thought to my self call em out. So I screamed “Maynard, its broken they want the music. Right then they all came back on stage. Whoa!

Then when they came back they played both parts of 10,000 days. This song means so much to me. When I 1st heard it my dog had come down with cancer. It meant so much to me because I feel that my dog, Baloo, was a guardian angel or something like that. He was so in tune and loving. I have never felt that way for an animal. We had to put him to sleep. This was back in June 2007. So still stings. We put him to sleep out in our living room. The vet came over and administer some drugs and he freaked out ran into the yard and puked. I picked him up and brought him back in and laid him down on a mattress I had brought to the living room. The vet then gave him the overdose. He died in 1 minute in my arms. I cried so hard and screamed.

I went for a walk later that day. I put my IPod on shuffle and Wings for Marie part 2 came on. It made so much sense to me then. To hear it live was awesome. I cried then also. Sorry for the tangent but it come full circle.

I would like to apologize to Tool for the lack of audience participation. I would say that 20% of the people actually were hardcore fans. The rest were there because it was a concert.

Last edited by Bridger the Mountain Man; 12-02-2007 at 12:22 PM..
Old 12-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

This was my 1st ever Tool concert. I have been a fan since 1992. I have lived in Wyoming all my life.

The day started out great. I drove to Casper from Laramie at 9am. I went with my 19 year old son. He just started to become a tool fan.

We got to Casper about 12pm and went o Red Lobster for lunch.

We headed downtown and noticed Across the Universe was playing. So we ate some PEZ and headed to the movie. The music was great a perfect appetizer for the Tool show.

We got to the parking lot a 6 and waited until they started letting everyone in and ate 2 more PEZ. Holy fucking shit!

Trans Am came on and they rocked. They reminded of if Tool had done the soundtrack for TRON or something.

Then Tool came and started to play Jambi. The Whole arena became the inside of the 3D CD. I was tripping so hard!

All I can say is that my life is now changed forever. This is what I have been looking for. My son is now a disciple of Tool. The light show and graphics were deep and heavy. I feel like my life flashed before my eyes in the time of the whole show

Right before they went on break I heard a small voice say what you want to hear. So I thought for a second...I want to hear 10,000 days. Then they all left the stage and this head was sitting there looking away from the audience.

Everyone couldn’t figure it out. They were all getting impatient. So I thought to my self call em out. So I screamed “Maynard, its broken they want the music. Right then they all came back on stage. Whoa!

Then when they came back they played both parts of 10,000 days. This song means so much to me. When I 1st heard it my dog had come down with cancer. It meant so much to me because I feel that my dog, Baloo, was a guardian angel or something like that. He was so in tune and loving. I have never felt that way for an animal. We had to put him to sleep. This was back in June 2007. So still stings. We put him to sleep out in our living room. The vet came over and administer some drugs and he freaked out ran into the yard and puked. I picked him up and brought him back in and laid him down on a mattress I had brought to the living room. The vet then gave him the overdose. He died in 1 minute in my arms. I cried so hard and screamed.

I went for a walk later that day. I put my IPod on shuffle and Wings for Marie part 2 came on. It made so much sense to me then. To hear it live was awesome. I cried then also. Sorry for the tangent but it come full circle.

I would like to apologize to Tool for the lack of audience participation. I would say that 20% of the people actually were hardcore fans. The rest were there because it was a concert.

Last edited by Bridger the Mountain Man; 12-02-2007 at 12:22 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply